This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
When the power returns, none of the devices on one floor can access the Internet. The
2-What is a possible cause of this problem? The switch has failed POST. 3-The connection between the switch and the server did not autonegotiate speed and duplex properly. 4- Refer to the exhibit. Router R1 has been configured with the commands that are displayed. Which fact can be determined from the configuration? All passwords are encrypted. The privileged EXEC mode password is “password1.” The router can support four Telnet sessions simultaneously. The router can be accessed from the console without using any password. 5- Refer to the exhibit. Devices need to connect to the file server from remote networks. What method should be used to provide the file server with an IP address to allow these connections? dynamic NAT 6- A user is able to ping an FTP server across a WAN but is unable to download files from the server. What should be checked to resolve this problem? firewall settings 5-While troubleshooting a connectivity issue between two directly connected routers, the network administrator checks the encapsulation settings on the serial interfaces of both routers. Which layer of the OSI model is the administrator troubleshooting? network layer 4-A customer reports connectivity problems to an ISP technician. Upon questioning the customer, the technician discovers that all network applications are functioning except for FTP. What should the technician suspect is the problem? misconfigured firewall 7 -When does a router enter the setup mode? when the configuration is missing in NVRAM 8-What is the effect of issuing the hostname RouterA command on a router? The router prompt will change from Router(config)# to RouterA(config)# 9 -If the start-up configuration is not found in NVRAM, where will the router look for it next by default? TFTP server 10 -Which statement correctly describes an SLA? It lists the terms of the agreement between the user and the manufacturer of the system. It outlines the management, monitoring, and maintenance of a network. It specifies the software and hardware configurations of a system. It describes the operation of a system. 11-Which address does a switch use for implementing port security? the source MAC address network administrator checks the switch in the IDF that these devices are connected to and notes that the SYST LED on the front of the switch is amber.
12 -Which type of cable may be used for backbone cabling between data centers that are located on different floors and that are separated by a distance of 1640 feet (500 meters)? coaxial 13- Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements describe the data conversation shown? (Choose two.) The data conversation was started by the HTTP application process running on the client. The data conversation is identified by TCP port 80 on the client. The user started the data conversation by sending an e-mail. The IP address of the Internet server is 192.168.17.43. The Internet server will send data to port 8547 on the client. 14 -Which two services are required to enable a computer to receive dynamic IP addresses and access the Internet using domain names? (Choose two.) DNS HTTP 15 -Refer to the exhibit. There is no dynamic routing protocol that is running on this network. The network administrator adds a static route via the use of the ip route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.6 command. On which router should the network administrator issue this command? R1 R2 R3 R4 16-What are three features of the TCP protocol? (Choose three.) It provides retransmission of data packets if they are lost during transmission. It uses a three-way handshake between the sending and receiving systems to establish each conversation. It requires only 8 bytes of overhead. 17 -Refer to the exhibit. The interfaces on R1 and R2 have been properly configured with the IP addresses as shown. No dynamic routing protocols have been configured. The network administrator has entered the commands that are shown in the exhibit.
17-Which two additional commands need to be entered on the routers to enable host A to access the Internet? (Choose two.) R2(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 S0/0/0 R1(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 S0/0/0 R1(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 126.96.36.199 R2(config)# ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1 R1(config)# ip route 188.8.131.52 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.2 18 -How many host addresses can be assigned in each subnetwork when using network address 172.16.0.0 with subnet mask 255.255.252.0? 256
19 -Which two subnet masks can be used when subnetting a Class A IP address? (Choose two.)
255.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 20 -Refer to the exhibit. A computer with the displayed IP settings is unable to access a server on the 192.168.2.0 network using the server IP address but can access hosts on the 192.168.1.0 network. What should the network administrator do to troubleshoot this problem? Issue the ping 192.168.1.1 command on the host to determine if the host can communicate with the default gateway. Issue the ipconfig /all command to determine if a DNS server IP address was configured. Verify that the host has a link light. Check the cabling of the host. 21-Refer to the exhibit. The S0/0/0 interface of R2 is configured correctly with the default encapsulation. Which configuration should be implemented at the S0/0/0 interface of R1 to complete the connection between the two routers? R1(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.31 255.255.255.252 R1(config-if)# no shutdown R1(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.33 255.255.255.252 R1(config-if)# encapsulation PPP R1(config-if)# no shutdown R1(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.28 255.255.255.252 R1(config-if)# encapsulation PPP R1(config-if)# no shutdown R1(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.29 255.255.255.252 R1(config-if)# no shutdown 22 -What is an example of a dedicated point-to-point WAN link? T1/E1 23 -Refer to the exhibit. What two conclusions can be drawn about the exhibited command output? (Choose two.) Router RTB is directly connected to a router and a switch. Router RTB is able to ping its directly connected neighbors. The network administrator needs to log in to the neighboring devices to gather this information. Router RTB has Layer 2 connectivity with two neighboring devices. Router RTB is connected to two Cisco devices by FastEthernet links. 24 -Which statement correctly describes the difference between HTTP and HTTPS? HTTPS authenticates and encrypts the data being transferred between the client and the web server. 25 -A hacker attempts to reach confidential information that is stored on a server inside the corporate network. A network security solution inspects the entire packet, determines that it is a threat, and blocks the packet from entering the inside network. Which security measure protected the network? an IPS 26-How do port filtering and access lists help provide network security? They prevent specified types of traffic from reaching specified network destinations. 27 - Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is troubleshooting the serial connection between R1 and R2. There is no communication between R1 and R2. Based on the output of the show ip interface brief command, what is the cause of the problem?
There is a misconfiguration of IP addresses. There is a mismatch of encapsulation methods. The no shutdown command has not been issued on R2. The routing protocols are not compatible. 28 -A tracert command is run on a host to determine if another host can be reached across a network. Which two events will occur if connectivity with the other host is unsuccessful? (Choose two.) The command will display all the successful hops a packet makes before it is lost. The command will calculate the time between successful and unsuccessful packets. The host on which the command is run will send a UDP request message to the other host. The command helps to determine where a packet was lost on the path from the source to the destination. All hops between the two hosts display !!!!! to signify success. 29 -Refer to the exhibit. R1 and R2 are configured with the commands that are displayed. All interfaces are properly configured, but neither router is receiving routing updates. What two things can be done to solve the problem? (Choose two.) Configure the routing protocol on R1 for network 10.0.0.0. Configure the routing protocol on R2 for network 10.0.0.0. Configure the routing protocol on R1 for network 192.168.4.0. Configure the routing protocol on R1 for network 192.168.2.0. Configure the routing protocol on R2 for network 192.168.1.0. Configure the routing protocol on R2 for network 192.168.3.0. 30 -Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has added a route by using the ip route 10.13.13.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 command on R1. Hosts on the 10.12.12.0 network cannot communicate with hosts on the 10.13.13.0 network. What is the reason for this? The gateway of last resort is not set. The destination prefix mask is incorrectly configured. The routing protocol has not been configured on R1. The static route has not been configured correctly. 31-Which routing protocol excludes the subnet information from routing updates? RIPv1 32- Refer to the exhibit. What method is most commonly employed by large ISPs, such as ISP1, ISP2, and ISP3, to exchange and maintain routing information? EGP protocols 33 -Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator uses the command below to configure a default route on RTB: RTB(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fa0/0 A ping issued from PC3 is successful to RTB. However, echo request packets arrive at PC1 but the echo replies do not make it back to PC3. What will fix this problem? RTA must be configured to forward packets to the 192.168.2.0 network. The ip route command needs to be edited so that the next hop address is 10.1.1.5. The ip route command needs to be edited so that the 192.168.2.1 address is the next hop address. The ip route command should be removed from the RTB router configuration.
Another default route should be configured on RTA with a next hop address of 10.1.1.6. 34 -What is the function of the forward lookup DNS zone in the DNS name resolution process? It resolves fully qualified domain names into IP addresses. . 35 -Which WAN connection provides a dedicated circuit with fixed bandwidth available at all times? point-to-point 36-Refer to the exhibit. A new router has been configured for the first time with the commands that are displayed. Which two facts can be determined about the interface of this router? (Choose two.) It will act as a DCE device. It is administratively down. It will operate at a speed of 6.4 Mb/s. It is the first interface on slot 0 of controller 1. Because MOTD is not configured, the interface will not work. 37 -What is the basis for determining the vector component of a route in the distance vector routing algorithm? the IP address of the next hop 38 -Which statement is true about FTP implementations? The protocol interpreter (PI) function engages once the data transfer process (DTP) function is complete. 39 - The show ip route command was executed on one of the routers shown in the graphic and the following output was displayed: C 192.168.4.0/24 is directly connected, Serial0/0 R 192.168.5.0/24 [120/1] via 192.168.4.2, 00:00:19, Serial0/0 R 192.168.1.0/24 [120/2] via 192.168.3.1, 00:00:20, Serial0/1 R 192.168.2.0/24 [120/2] via 192.168.3.1, 00:00:20, Serial0/1 C 192.168.3.0/24 is directly connected, Serial0/1 39-From which router was this command executed? A B C D 40 -Which statement correctly describes MIB? It is a database that a device keeps about itself concerning network performance parameters. 41-Which two statements are true about resolvers in the DNS hierarchy? (Choose two.) The DNS server queries the resolvers to translate the domain name to an IP address. The DNS server uses the resolver to forward the name resolution request to another DNS server. 42 -Which routing protocol depends on the DUAL algorithm to calculate the shortest path to a destination? RIP 43-Which two parameters are stored in the routing table? (Choose two.) the best route to reach remote networks
44- What will a router do with a packet that is destined for a host with the IP address 192.168.1.5/24 if no entry for the 192.168.24.0/24 network exists in the routing table? It will broadcast the packet out of all of its active interfaces. 45-Which cable should be used to connect a PC to the console port of a Cisco router? 47-What is a characteristic of Syslog? It enables devices to send information to a daemon that runs on a management station. 48 -The network administrator can ping a remote router but is unable to telnet to it. At what layer of the OSI model does this error occur? application 49 - Which type of address is 192.168.17.111/28? 50 What is a feature of PAT? It allows multiple hosts on a single LAN to share globally unique IP addresses. 52-Which statement describes a feature of TCP? It acknowledges the receipt of packets. 53-Which two statements are true about the c:\> ping command? (Choose two.) It tests the accessibility of an IP address. It sends a TCP packet to the destination IP address. 54 - Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has added networks A and B to router R1. Which two subnetwork numbers should be used to address networks A and B so that these networks use the same subnet mask as networks C and D? (Choose two.) 192.168.1.32/26 192.168.1.64/26 192.168.1.96/26 192.168.1.160/26 192.168.1.192/26 55 -Refer to the exhibit. Which combination of cable types should be used to complete the connection? Cable A – straight-through; Cable B – straight-through; Cable C – serial Cable A – straight-through; Cable B – straight-through; Cable C – rollover Cable A – rollover; Cable B – straight-through; Cable C – crossover Cable A – straight-through; Cable B – crossover; Cable C – serial 56-What are two reasons for issuing the show ip protocols command on a router? (Choose two.) It displays the routing protocol in use. It displays the routed protocol in use. It displays the routing activity in real time. It displays the static routes that are contained in the routing table. It displays the networks that are being advertised by the router. broadcast address rollover
22. Which two statements are correct about the UDP protocol? (Choose two.) *It does not provide acknowledgment of receipt of data. *It is a connectionless protocol. 27. Which statement correctly describes the importance of an SLA?. *It outlines the management, monitoring, and maintenance of a network.
28. A user is able to ping IP addresses but is unable to ping hosts by domain name. What should be checked at the workstation of the user? *the DNS configuration 30. What is a characteristic of the EIGRP routing protocol?. *It builds the topology table based on all of the advertisements from its neighbors. 33. Refer to the exhibit. Router R1 has been configured with the commands that are displayed. Which password will be used to access the EXEC privileged mode of the router? *password2 36. What are two reasons for issuing the show ip route command on a router? (Choose two.). *It displays the directly connected networks. *It displays the routing protocol that is receiving updates from the neighboring routers. 37. When a router learns two paths to the same destination network, which two factors determine the path that will be included in the routing table? (Choose two.) *route metric *administrative distance 39. A host has been properly cabled and configured with a unique hostname and valid IP address. Which two additional components should be configured to enable the host to access remote resources? (Choose two.) *the subnet mask *the default gateway 43. Which two statements are correct about the ICMP packet that is used by the ping command? (Choose two.) *It verifies Layer 3 connectivity. *It measures the time that elapses between when the request packet is sent and the response packet is received. 47. What occurs during a static NAT translation? *A one-to-one mapping is created between an inside local and outside global address. 46. In order to load an initial configuration on a new switch, a network administrator has connected a laptop to the switch via the use of a console cable. About a minute after the network administrator powers on the switch, the SYST LED on the front of the switch changes from blinking green to amber. What does this indicate? *The switch failed POST. 49. Why do the static routes fail to appear in the routing table? interfaces are administratively down. *The router
54. Different hosts connect to the same switch port at different times. If the switch port is configured with dynamic port security, how does it process the MAC addresses? *The addresses are dynamically learned and stored in the address table. 1. A customer reports connectivity problems to an ISP technician. Upon questioning the customer, the technician discovers that all network applications are functioning except for FTP. What should the technician suspect is the problem? *misconfigured firewall 5. Which type of address is 192.168.17.111/28? *broadcast address
3. How do port filtering and access lists help provide network security? *They prevent specified types of traffic from reaching specified network destinations. 6. An organization has 50 traveling salespersons who must be able to connect to the company network from client sites and hotels. Which WAN connection will allow this access? *dialup 8. A ping issued from PC3 is successful to RTB. However, echo request packets arrive at PC1 but the echo replies do not make it back to PC3. What will fix this problem? *The ip route command needs to be edited so that the next hop address is 10.1.1.5. 12. Which statement is true about the reverse lookup DNS zone?. *It resolves an IP address to a fully qualified domain name. 13. Which two statements are correct about the DNS hierarchy? (Choose two.) *DNS relies on the hierarchy of decentralized servers to maintain records. *The root servers maintain records about how to reach top-level domain servers. 15. Which routes are automatically added to the routing table on a neighbor router when routing protocols exchange information about directly connected networks? *dynamic routes 16. Which combination of network address and subnet mask allows 62 hosts to be connected in a single subnet? *Network address 10.1.1.0 Subnet mask 255.255.255.192 19. What is a characteristic of UDP? to be transmitted. *It adds a minimal amount of overhead to the data *incorrectly configured device
20. What can cause a problem at the data link layer? drivers
21. Which cable type is used to interconnect the FastEthernet interfaces of two routers? *crossover 9 -Which router component stores the information that is displayed by the show running-config command? • RAM 10- If a PC does not have network connectivity to a router, which router port can be used to establish communication? • console 13-What are the primary functions of a router? (Choose two.) • determine the best path for packets • forward packets to the appropriate interface 15 What are the results of setting the boot field bits in the configuration register to "0000"? (Choose two.) • The router will enter ROM monitor mode upon reload. • The administrator can enter the b command to manually boot the IOS.
16- What can a network administrator do to recover from a lost router password? • boot the router to ROM monitor mode and configure the router to ignore NVRAM when it initializes 17- Which router components and operations are correctly described? (Choose two.) • RAM - stores the ARP cache • ROM - stores the backup IOS 22 -A network administrator issues the erase startup-config command on a configured router with the configuration register set to 0x2102 and observes the following output: Erasing the nvram filesystem will remove all files! Continue? [Confirm][OK]Erase of nvram: complete • The router will prompt the user to enter setup mode or to continue without entering setup mode. 40- What are two possible reasons a router would not load a valid IOS from flash? (Choose two.) • The configuration register is set to 0x2142. • The first boot system command executed in the startup configuration file is boot system rom. • The configuration register is set to 0x2100.. 43- Which two steps describe how to create a functional physical connection between a router console and a terminal? (Choose two.) • Use an RJ-45 to DB-9 adapter on the terminal serial port to connect to the cable going to the router console. • Use a rollover cable to connect from a terminal serial port to the router console port. 49 -Which of the following are true statements regarding IGRP and RIP? (Choose two.) • IGRP uses a combination of different metrics for path selection. • IGRP has the ability to scale to large networks. 2 -Which of the following parameters can ACLs use to filter traffic? (Choose three.) • protocol suite • source address • destination address 30-Which three statements are true regarding the encapsulation and deencapsulation of packets when traveling through a router? (Choose three.) *The router modifies the TTL field, decrementing it by one. *The router maintains the same source and destination IP. *The router changes the source physical 31-Which two statements are true for link-state routing protocols? (Choose two.) *Routers that run a link-state protocol can establish a complete topology of the network. *The shortest path first algorithm is used. Split horizon is used to avoid routing loops. 45 -Refer to the exhibit. Which two components are required to complete the configuration? (Choose two.) *a V.35 cable
*a DTE device
32-What is true regarding the differences between NAT and PAT?
PAT uses unique source port numbers to distinguish between translations.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.