This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
A network technician is evaluating the desirable features of both access and distribution layer switches. Which two features are common to switches at these two layers? (Choose two.)
QoS PoE port security link aggregation application based filtering
2. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator documented the output of a CAM table from an Ethernet switch as shown. What action will the switch take when it receives the frame shown at the bottom of the exhibit? discard the frame forward the frame out port 2 forward the frame out port 3 forward the frame out all ports forward the frame out all ports except port 3 add station 00-00-3D-1F-11-05 to port 2 in the forwarding table
A switch that is using port-based memory buffering receives two incoming frames on the same port. The destination port for the first frame that is received is busy. How will the switch handle the second frame that it received?
The second frame will have to wait to be delivered even if its destination port is available. The second frame will be delivered to the memory buffer for its destination port. The second frame will be placed in a common memory buffer to await delivery. The second frame will be dropped
Refer to the exhibit. Hosts A and B attempt to transmit a frame at the same time and a collision occurs. When will host D be able to transmit?
immediately after sending its jam signal after host A and host B have completed transmission after the jam signal clears and its backoff delay expires
Where is the information of newly created VLANs stored on a switch?
CPU flash NVRAM RAM
Which three statements are correct concerning the default configuration of a new switch? (Choose three.)
Spanning Tree Protocol is disabled. Enable password is configured as cisco. All switch ports are assigned to VLAN1. The flash directory contains the IOS image. VLAN1 is configured with a management IP address. All interfaces are set to auto-negotiation of speed and duplex
7. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator enters the configuration shown to allow both SSH and Telnet connections to the switch. The Telnet connections fail. What is the most likely cause of this problem? The SSH version number is wrong. SSH has been configured on the wrong line. Telnet and SSH cannot be configured simultaneously. The transport input command is configured incorrectly
8. Refer to the exhibit. After entering the commands in the exhibit, the administrator receives a "password required, but none set" message when attempting to connect to S1. What is the problem? The enable secret password was not set. S1 does not have login configured on the vty lines. S1 does not have a password configured for the vty lines. The crypto key is not properly configured to generate passwords. The VLAN1 interface has not be enabled with the no shutdown command
9. Refer to the exhibit. The switch VTY lines have been properly configured, but PC1 is unable to remotely manage the switch. How
can this problem be resolved? Configure the Fa0/1 interface of the switch in trunk mode. Configure a default gateway on the switch. Configure the native VLAN on the switch. Configure the Fa0/1 interface of the switch to allow all VLANs.
10. A network administrator needs to save the configuration file currently in RAM to NVRAM before rebooting the switch. Which command should the administrator issue? Switch1# copy startup-config flash:filename Switch1# copy running-config startup-config Switch1# copy startup-config running-config Switch1# copy flash:config.txt running-config
11. Which three statements are correct regarding passwords configured on a switch? (Choose three.) A different password can be set on each vty line. The enable password is used if the enable secret password is not set. The enable password command is more secure than the enable secret command. The service password-encryption command is entered in global configuration mode and only encrypts global configuration mode passwords. The service password-encryption command applies encryption to all passwords normally displayed in plain text by the show running-config command.
12. Refer to the exhibit. What happens when a frame from a source MAC address different from 00a8.d2e4.ba27 reaches switch port 0/5? The frame is dropped. The port is shut down. An error message is displayed. FastEthernet port 0/5 will show an err-disabled message
13. When configuring a router to act as an SSH server, what should be configured before issuing the crypto key generate rsa command?
the security domain name the VTP domain name the IP domain name the host name
14. How does Spanning Tree Protocol aid network architecture? allows for redundant links by eliminating loops provides greater scalability by eliminating collisions reduces switch processor load by reducing broadcast traffic on trunk links reduces administrative overhead by sharing VLAN databases between switches across the network
15. Which type of frame contains information that is used in the election of the spanning tree root bridge? BID LSA LSU BPDU
16. What is the correct order in which the STP components are chosen? designated ports, nondesignated ports, root bridge, root ports nondesignated ports, designated ports, root ports, root bridge root bridge, root ports, designated ports, nondesignated ports root ports, root bridge, nondesignated ports, designated ports
17. Refer to the exhibit. What does “LEARNING” mean as it relates to the Spanning Tree Protocol? The switch is sending and receiving data frames.
The switch is not receiving BPDUs, but is sending and receiving data. The switch is participating in the election process by forwarding the BPDUs it receives. The switch is receiving BPDUs and populating the MAC address table, but not sending data
18. What can an administrator do to ensure that a specific switch will win a root election if all switches are set to their default configurations? Set the bridge priority to 16384. Change the VTP mode to server. Assign a port priority of 128 for all ports on the switch. Configure a loopback interface with the highest IP address.
19. Refer to the exhibit. Both switches are configured with default bridge priority. Which port will act as the STP root port if all links are operating at the same bandwidth? Fa0/1 interface of S1 Fa0/2 interface of S1 Fa0/1 interface of S2 Fa0/2 interface of S2
20. Which statement correctly describes the spanning-tree path cost? It is calculated based on the total number of switches connected in a loop. It is calculated based on the utilization of all the switches along a given path. It is calculated based on the bridge priority of the switches along a given path. It is calculated based on the sum of the port cost value, determined by link speed, for each switch port along a given path
21. Refer to the exhibit. Assuming the bridge priority values are set to default on all switches, which switch will be elected as the root bridge of the spanning tree topology? Cat-A Cat-B Cat-C Cat-D
22. Refer to the exhibit. SW1 is a 2960 switch with default values assigned. Which two statements are true about what the cost value of 38 represents for SW1? (Choose two.) SW1 connects via two FastEthernet links to reach the root switch. The cost represents the numeric value for the fastest path from SW1 to the root switch. A cost of 38 is the value that is being advertised out port 26 on the upstream switch, which is closer to the root switch. SW1 adds the cost of a FastEthernet link to 38 to determine the total cost that is required to reach the root switch. The root switch is advertising a cost of 38, which is lower than any other switch that participates in the VLAN0001 spanningtree domain. SW1 connects via a FastEthernet link to an upstream switch that in turn is directly connected to the root switch via a Gigabit Ethernet link.
23. Refer to the exhibit. Computer A sends a broadcast message. Which devices will see the broadcast? computer B computer B and Router1 computer C and Router1 computer B, computer D, computer E and Router1 computer B, computer C, computer D, computer E and Router1 computer A, computer B, computer C, computer D, computer E and Router1
24. Refer to the exhibit. What three statements describe why Host1 and Host2 are unable to communicate? (Choose three.) The switch ports are on different VLANs. The switch IP address is on the wrong subnet. The hosts are configured on different logical networks.
A router is required to forward traffic between Host1 and Host2. The VLAN port assignments must be contiguous for each VLAN. The host default gateway addresses must be on the same logical network.
25. Refer to the exhibit. A new host needs to be connected to VLAN 20. Which IP address should be assigned to this new host? 172.16.10.68 /27 172.16.10.99 /28 172.16.10.110 /27 172.16.30.96 /27 172.16.30.120 /28 172.16.30.146 /27
26. What is the purpose of the switch command switchport access vlan 99? to enable port security to make the port operational to assign the port to a particular VLAN to designate the VLAN that does not get tagged to assign the port to the native VLAN (VLAN 99)
27. Refer to the exhibit. RTB is configured for traditional inter-VLAN routing. RTB can ping computer A but cannot ping computer B. What is a possible cause of this failure? Port Fa0/11 is in the wrong VLAN. RTB does not have an active routing protocol. The IP address of computer B is in the wrong logical network. Router interface Fa0/1 has the wrong trunk encapsulation type configured.
28. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator issues the command shown on Switch1. What are two possible reasons that ports Fa0/1 through Fa0/4, and ports Fa0/11 and Fa0/12 do not show in the command output? (Choose two.) The ports have been configured as trunks. The ports have been assigned to the native VLAN. The VLAN that they are assigned to has been deleted. The ports currently do not have any devices plugged into them. The no shutdown command was not issued on these ports
29. What VLANs are allowed across a trunk when the range of allowed VLANs is set to the default value? All VLANs will be allowed across the trunk.
Only VLAN 1 will be allowed across the trunk. Only the native VLAN will be allowed across the trunk. The switches will negotiate via VTP which VLANs to allow across the trunk.
30. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true regarding the information shown? Only one VLAN is currently configured to use the trunk links. The switch negotiated trunk links for interfaces Fa0/1 and Gi0/1. A Cisco proprietary protocol is in use for interfaces Fa0/1 and Gi0/1. Interfaces Gi0/1 and Fa0/1 are allowed to carry data from multiple VLANs
31. Refer to the exhibit. Both switches are configured as displayed and the native VLAN is the default. Which statement is true about the frames traveling between host A and host B? They will travel untagged.
They will be tagged with VLAN ID 1. They will be tagged with the trunk Port VLAN ID. They will be tagged with the highest VLAN ID
32. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator needs to implement inter-VLAN routing on a hierarchical network. On which devices should the inter-VLAN routing be configured? AS1 and AS2 DS1 and DS2 Gateway and CS1 Gateway, CS1, DS1, and DS2
33. Refer to the exhibit. Router RA receives a packet with a source address of 192.168.1.35 and a destination address of 192.168.1.85. What will the router do with this packet? The router will drop the packet. The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.1. The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2. The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.3. The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2 and interface FastEthernet 0/1.3
34. Refer to the exhibit. The switches have been configured as shown. The hosts that are connected to switch 101-2FL are not able to communicate with the hosts in their corresponding VLANs that are connected to switch 101-3FL. What should be done to fix the problem? Configure port Fa0/2 on switch 101-3FL as a static trunk link. Introduce a Layer 3 device or a switch with Layer 3 capability into the topology. Utilize the switchport trunk allowed vlan all command on switch 101-3FL to permit the VLAN traffic. Apply IP addresses that are in the same subnet to the interfaces that are used to connect switches 101-2FL and 1013FL
35. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator configures both switches as displayed. However, host C is unable to ping host D and host E is unable to ping host F. What action should the administrator take to enable this communication? Include a router in the topology. Associate hosts A and B with VLAN 10 instead of VLAN 1. Remove the native VLAN from the trunk. Configure one trunk port in the dynamic desirable mode. Add the switchport nonegotiate command to the configuration of S2
36. Refer to the exhibit. The commands are entered into switch SW1 as shown, and an 802.1q trunk is successfully established. How does switch SW1 handle the untagged traffic that is destined for the trunk? SW1 will drop all untagged traffic. SW1 will send all untagged traffic to VLAN 1. SW1 will send all untagged traffic to VLAN 25. SW1 will send untagged traffic to all VLANs that are configured on the trunk.
37. Refer to the exhibit. After receiving a console notification on Switch2, the network administrator begins to troubleshoot the
trunk link between Switch1 and Switch2. Which configuration change can be made to correct the problem with the trunk link? Set the Fa0/1 interface on Switch2 to trunk mode. Change the trunk encapsulation on Switch2 Fa0/1 to dot1q. Change the native VLAN on Switch2 interface Fa0/1 to VLAN 100. Change the access mode VLAN on Switch2 to the default VLAN 1.
38. Refer to the exhibit. Router R-West and switch S-West1 are connected via a single ethernet cable between the router interface fa0/0 and the switch interface fa0/1. The router and switch have been configured with the commands that are displayed in the exhibit. The network administrator enters the show interfaces trunk command and receives the output as shown. What is the cause of the "not-trunking" status for switch port Fa0/1? The trunk is established, but no VLANs have been configured to use it. The router is missing the dynamic trunking protocol statements necessary to form a trunk. Because the router does not support Dynamic Trunking Protocol, the trunk has not been established. The router, the switch, or both must be configured with the dynamic desirable option for Dynamic Trunking Protocol to establish a trunk.
39. Refer to the exhibit. Which two facts can be confirmed by this output? (Choose two.)
This switch shows no configuration revision errors. This switch has established two-way communication with the neighboring devices. This switch is configured to advertise its VLAN configuration to other VTP-enabled switches in the same VTP domain. This switch will drop all VTP advertisements that come from the switches that are configured in the same VTP domain. This switch will cause no disruption in the VTP domain operations if the rest of the switches in the same VTP domain have a higher configuration revision number.
40. Refer to the exhibit. The switches are configured for VTP as shown. Which two statements correctly describe the operation of these switches? (Choose two.) A new VLAN can be added to Switch1 and that information will be added only to Switch2. A new VLAN can be added to Switch1 and that information will be added to Switch2 and Switch4. An existing VLAN can be deleted from Switch4 and that VLAN will be deleted from Switch1 and Switch2. An existing VLAN can be deleted from Switch2 and that VLAN will be deleted from Switch1 and Switch4. A new VLAN can be added to Switch4 and that information will be added to Switch1, Switch2, and Switch3. A new VLAN can be added to Switch3 and that information will be added to Switch1, Switch2, and Switch4.
41. Refer to the exhibit. The switches in the exhibit have VTP pruning enabled. What will be pruned in the VTP advertisements from switch ST-C to switch ST-1? VLAN 30 VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 VLAN 1, VLAN 20, and VLAN 30
VLAN 2 through VLAN 29, and VLAN 31 through VLAN 1000
42. Refer to the exhibit. Switches SW3 and SW4 are brand new switches with default configurations. The links between the switches are configured as trunk links and all VLANs are allowed on the trunks. On the basis of the show running-config output that is provided, which VLANs will be available on SW3 and SW4?
43. A network administrator is implementing VTP in a large campus LAN that contains one hundred switches. What are valid considerations for reliability and administration? Using server mode on a single master switch and client mode on all other switches will provide the most fault tolerance for retaining VLAN information in all switches if power is lost on the network. Using transparent mode on all switches will allow for efficient administration and prevent VLAN data loss from the loss of any single switch. Configuring several switches in server mode will allow all VLANs to be entered from a single switch and preserve VLAN data if any of the switches or connections are lost. Configuring one primary and one backup switch in server mode and all other switches in transparent mode will provide fault tolerance for the VLAN data and allow for efficient distribution of the VLAN configurations to all switches
44. Refer to the exhibit. Switch1 is configured for VTP as shown. An administrator connects four switches to Switch1 and configures trunk links between them. Which of the four switches will successfully receive and install VTP updates from Switch1?
45. Refer to the exhibit. The VTP domain has been configured as shown in the exhibit. None of the configured VLANs on SW1 and SW2 are present on SW3. What should be done to remedy the problem? Reconfigure switches SW2 and SW3 in VTP transparent mode. Reconfigure the VTP password to be consistent on all VTP switches. Reconfigure all switches as VTP clients to synchronize the VLAN database information. Reconfigure the VTP server as a VTP client and then return to VTP server mode to reset the configuration revision number
46. Which device must be installed in each computer to allow a wireless connection to be established? DSL modem wireless NIC wireless router wireless access point
47. Which two statements are correct about wireless infrastructure components? (Choose two.)
An AP converts the TCP/IP data packets from their 802.11 frame encapsulation format to the 802.3 Ethernet frame format on the wired Ethernet network. A wireless AP does not require any physical connection to allow wireless clients to access the Internet. An AP is a layer 2 device, similar to a switch, that provides dedicated bandwidth to each connected wireless host. Collisions do not occur between wireless NICs and APs. The wireless router performs the roles of AP and router.
48. Which parameter is associated with wireless authentication? shared key SSID ad hoc channel
49. Refer to the graphic. In the Wireless menu option of a Linksys integrated router, what does the Network Mode option Mixed mean? The router supports encryption and authentication. The router supports both wired and wireless connections. The router supports 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n devices. The router supports connectivity through infrared and radio frequencies.
50. Refer to the exhibit. A wireless infrastructure has been established in a company building as shown. The design goal was to allow roaming between the three APs for handheld devices. However, the devices lose connectivity when the users roam. How can this problem be fixed? Assign different SSIDs to each AP. Reconfigure all APs to the same channel. Use the same BSSID address for each AP. Reposition the APs so that each area of signal strength overlaps the neighbor by at least 10-15%
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.