You are on page 1of 43

Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (1 of 36), Read 1135 times

Conf:>> Advanced
From:TylerDurden tylerdurden9982@hotmail.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 04:30 AM

psychobabble just reminded me about something I wanted to post about.

When I first came onto the board, breakbeat IM'ed me to ask if I had any insights onto what an
alphamale really was, and what characteristics/attributes/qualities they had.

I kept my eyes open for a long time, and compiled a mental list. I've been meaning to post this for
a while.

I think that this is really important, and I hope that people will read all of this.

This post is about to get messy I think... confusing, etc.

Alright, for me, as I've gotten good at PU, I've finally started to notice discrepancies between
myself and NATURAL players.

It's funny, because even though I can outgame any natural in terms of results, I often feel like I'm
trying too hard.

Like, even though I can outgame them, they can have a nice chill night and just be comfortable
and secure, while my mind is racing a million miles a minute.

Of course this is because I LOVE the game, and because I play it for the purpose of stimulating
myself intellectually (once you get very experienced, your mind buzzes with info-processing while
you're doing PU, as you rapidly compare past experience and game-theory that you've read, to
events at hand.. This is why I play the PU game so much, and it is a similar reason to why I enjoy
my philosophy curriculum at school).

Still though, I've studied alpha behavior very carefully now, and I've noticed some characteristics,
which you guys may or may not agree with.

Here they are off the top of my head:

ALPHAMALE CHARACTERISTICS:

1) NEVER QUALIFYING THEMSELVES.

"Qualify" meaning that they never brag or even REMOTELY explain things... they don't say "I'm
tired right now", or "I'm really hung over", or "My good clothes are at home", or "I used to be able
to lift that weight, but I haven't been in the gym for a while.", or "I could do that, but I'm having a
bad day."

Similarly, they don't talk excessively about all the chicks they've laid, or all their girlfriends, or all
their success.

WHY? Because they don't even GIVE A FUCK enough about you to even tell you about it.

They ASSUME that you'll think that they're the shit, because they ARE.

TALKING ALOT / TOO MUCH IS VERY OFTEN INTERPRETED AS QUALIFYING YOURSELF.


2) NOT LOOKING AROUND.

Think CLINT EASTWOOD. He hears a big bang or loud noise, and he SLOWLY turns to look at it.
He doesn't let ANYBODY disturb him. He's in his own reality.

I can remember walking into a class late one day, and not looking at the teacher WHATSOEVER.

The girls started giggling, as I looked totally unconcerned at what anyone thought, and they
started hitting on me after class. I mean I can hardly convey this over the net... The reaction was
RIDICULOUS.

3) TALK SLOW.

Think to when you are chatting some authority figure, or somebody who you admire. If you're like
me, you'll increase your speech DRAMATICALLY.

It's very obvious, and I've seen guys who are alpha start talking abnormally fast when confronted
with guys who are MORE alpha.

Talking fast is a way of QUALIFYING yourself to someone, because you are WORRIED that they'll
stop listening to you and that you won't get out what you have to say.

4) BEING THE ANCHOUR OF THE CONVERSATION.

Notice that when an obviously alpha guy is present, everyone faces their body language towards
him.

If you crack a joke, people wait for the alphamale to laugh as a sort of "approval" of the joke. He
laughs, and then everyone follows.

Also, an alphamale can crack a DUMB joke, but notice that everyone laughs. It's a laugh of
SUBMISSION in many ways, as when I'm sarging girls they always giggle non-stop... (a lot of
PUAs I've met will say "dude, you make girls giggle like nobody else.. this is ridiculous".. This is
only something that I learned as I practiced ASF stuff, and it never used to happen.

Notice that chicks LAUGH HYSTERICALLY when you call them "geeks/dorks/power puff girls"...
Or they laugh when you say that if they're not rich you'll break up with them.

Guys, this stuff is NOT FUNNY. But they laugh like its the funniest thing they've ever heard. Why?
IMO, its because its a laugh of submission. These C&F remarks set you as ALPHA, and they giggle
to submit.

This is called going "girly-girl", and the ugly chicks always bash the hotties for giggling at the
captain of the football team's lame jokes.. "see how she laughs at all his dumb jokes.. its so
pathetic!" (even though they WISH that THEY were the ones who the cool-guy would be chatting
up)..

4b) USURPING THE GLORY.

Alphas seem to take ANYTHING that challenges their alpha status in the room and USURP it for
themselves.

This is a variation of being the ANCHOUR of the convo.


Basically, if you're not the alpha, and you say something cool, the alphamale might do something
like "YEAH THAT IS THE SHIT... YOU COULD EVEN DO X,Y,Z...."

Somehow, YOUR cool idea has become THEIR cool idea, and they've usurped the credit for your
idea.

5) NEVER BEING IMPRESSED.

There's this one dude, who whenever I hang out at his house (university frathouse type deal, with
lots of guys living there), there will always be this little "alpha-subtext" deal going on.

Like, I'll be showing the dudes there something, and I'll have ALL the attention.

But will HE come over and act impressed? NOPE.

He'll just go do his own thing, or just sit there eating his ravioli, unimpressed with me, in his own
reality.

The ONLY time he'll pay attention to what I'm doing is if its a case like 4b, where he'll usurp it for
himself.

Otherwise, he's NEVER interested.

6) ONLY HAVING RAPPORT WITH BETAS, EXCEPT FOR A FEW EXCEPTIONS.

I've noticed that I can't get along with alphamales as well as I used to be able to.

It's like a conflict in the room, where the heirarchical status is totally out of order.

Alphas will often hate eachother, except that when they DO make friends, they are BEST
FRIENDS.

Or, they can co-exist, but have this sort of weird way of talking.

Like they'll say things to eachother in ways that don't qualify themselves, so its sort of like a weird
broken conversation. I dunno how to describe this, but I'm sure you've all seen it.

Anyway, they get along with everyone, since everyone is on their knob. But as soon as someone
who tries to "take over" the alpha status comes along, he's ridiculed for whatever reason they see
fit.

7) ANSWERING QUESTIONS WITH DEGRADING JIBBERISH.

I've noticed that alphas will also have tendencies to take any question that you may have posed in
attempt to get rapport with them, and answer it with some stupid non-sensical bullshit.

This goes back to why I say "don't ask girls questions.. just make statements until they try to get
rapport with YOU.. 'what's your name', etc etc"

Say that you come across an alphamale, and you want to try to get rapport with him. Maybe you'll
ask him some basic questions or something.
But he'll answer with stupid shit like "guess", or "I work at taco bell.. I'm the employee of the
month".. SOUND FAMILIAR? :)

Also, they have a tendency to take what you asked and TWIST it around to ridicule you.

8) ALPHAMALES DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU.

Have you ever been onto a campus where there are cliques everywhere.

Go look at the clique of rich jewish kids. (many of my closest friends are in these, so no stupid
racist bullshit comments)

They don't give a fuck about you. You can be the centre of attention, life of the party, whatever..

It doesn't matter, they're in their corner with a few hotties, minding their own business, and
they're NOT gonna come out to see what cool shit is going on with you.

Now you'd THINK that this would make them BETA, but there's just something ABOUT them
that makes it seem cool.

Their disinterest puts them up above you, and if they DO come over, they come over like you're
their "CLOWN" whose purpose is to ENTERTAIN THEM. It's all about THEM, not YOU. Again,
"USURPING THE GLORY".

9) ALPHAMALES GET MORE CREDIT FOR MINOR ACTS OF KINDNESS THAN BETAS DO.

When I was in NYC with Papa and Mys, we stayed at the house of this guy named "Garvellous"
(NYC Lair top guy).

He was a really cool guy, and he'd been laid around 40 times in college before he'd even FOUND
ASF.

He'd been in a frat, and he told me about something that the frathouse would intentionally do to
new pledges when they'd apply.

According to Garvellous, they were told to appear UNAPPROACHABLE and CLIQUISH initially.

THEN, they were to be REALLY DOWN TO EARTH.

What he explained was that if you APPEAR to be cliquish and unapproachable, that when you
turned out to be actually down to earth, people would say "this guy is the NICEST/COOLEST
guy.."

As opposed to a librarian or a geek being nice, which NOBODY appreciates because they interpret
it as COMPENSATING for short-comings.

Just think: Imagine if you were to bump into Jay-Z or Dr. Dre or Michael Jordan, and they had a
big entourage. The celeb in question comes up to you and says "what's up.. having a good time
dude? cool.. yeah this place is pretty busy you know, and it can be kinda intimidating.. but you
know, I just try to have a good time.. anyway, have a good night man.."

You'd be like HOLY SHIT THAT GUY IS THE COOLEST/NICEST GUY I'VE EVER MET... You'd
tell EVERYBODY about how cool and down to earth the celeb is, and you'd be really appreciative
and impressed.
Now take the SAME REMARK from a geek or whatever, and you wouldn't give it a second
thought... Whatever, its just some geek.

In clubs, the "unapproachable" guys are the dudes who wear sunglasses into the club, and have
superfly clothes and a corner with hot girls. Notice that if one of THOSE guys approaches your set
in a club, you will NEVER snub him. The two-man cockfarm of generically dressed guys on the
other hand, its a different story.

10) ULTIMATE COMFORT IN OWN SKIN.

Here is one that I find really funny.

Look at rapport 50-Cent, or any stereotypical rockstar.

Now your average woman will have all of these "ideals" that guys should have, but notice that
these go out the window for guys like 50-Cent.

50-Cent raps about how he's going to kill and shoot people.. Fuck hoes, etc etc..

NOBODY questions this.

He is 50-Cent, he's from the streets, and THAT-IS-WHO-HE-IS.

NOBODY QUESTIONS IT.

Similarly, a rockstar pumps massive drugs and fucks groupies all day long.

He's a REBEL.. a BADBOY.. a SEX SYMBOL.. (notice the correlation, and how projecting
rebel/badboy can get you laid, even though there is no LOGICAL reason for that being the case)..

Even a spiritual guy who talks about inner-peace and non-violence and all that stuff will usually
say "well, he's a superstar" when they're asked what they think about these types of guys.. (there
are exceptions of course, and the dudes with more zeal will call out anybody).

Another example is like COLLEGE ALPHA MALES who wear dumb shit like TOGAS and marker
up their faces with magic marker and shit like that.

Notice that everyone thinks that its COOL, just because the "cool kids" (alphas) are doing it.
NOBODY questions it.

CONCLUDING THOUGHTS:

1) Good topic for discussion - how to DEAL with these kinds of guys. For any of us who do clubs,
these kind of guys can be DIFFICULT TO BEFRIEND, for group thoery purposes (for social proof,
and of course for stealing their chicks)

So how do we get good at out-alpha-ing these guys, who barely talk, and who are disinterested in
getting to know you?

2) In what ways do WE on ASF EMULATE these behaviours?

Some obvious ones are just making statements and not asking about them until they go for it first.
And following up "what's your name" with answers like "guess".

3) How does this CONFLICT with the fact that you NEED TO BE TALKATIVE in order to pickup.

It's funny, because it could be argued that the true alpha doesn't TRY to pickup, but just goes out
with his group and has girls do the work to approach HIM.

It just strikes me funny that although I'm supposedly thought of as this big alpha guy on campus,
that I TRY REALLY HARD compared to all the other alphas. Basically, I'm a MASSIVE try-hard
when you really get down to it. I just hide it very well.

So if alphamales don't talk too much, because that is QUALIFYING YOURSELF, then how do we
run a good PU?

One way to get over this hump is to just go and make statements, run routines, etc etc, in a way
that conveys that you're just in the mood to TALK, and it has NOTHING to do with impressing
them.

Of course this is what David D, Gunwitch, and others are referring to when they say its 90%
bodylanguage/tonality.

This goes back to the ideas of 2) TALK SLOW, 3) NOT LOOKING AROUND. Also 1) NOT
QUALIFYING YOURSELF is important here as well, since you JUST TALK and don't try to get
rapport, or say things that could be interpreted as qualifying yourself.

A GREAT way to do this is JERK ROUTINES, which are NEGS because you are saying that you
don't want them, so they interpret that as NOT qualifying yourself, which makes them perceive
you as alpha, which attracts them to you.

Also importantly here, 8) ALPHAMALES DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU... That is conveyed
by the fact that you DON'T ASK QUESTIONS to the chick. You don't ask her her name, or where
she works, or ANYTHING until she starts asking YOU.

IOW, I don't go for rapport with HER, until she goes for it with ME, and then I initialy TEASE her
that I won't reciprocate this intention ("guess", C&F answers, etc), for the first minute, until I DO
give it to her.

----

OK, long post. I hope people will find this helpful.

I'm really cool!

-TD

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (2 of 36), Read 985 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:TylerDurden tylerdurden9982@hotmail.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 04:44 AM
another connection that I just drew here with #10 was PEACOCKING..

This is similar to the dudes who wear the togas or magic markers... YOU make the clothes cool.

-TD

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (3 of 36), Read 984 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:TylerDurden tylerdurden9982@hotmail.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 05:08 AM

OK I'm on campus, and I just went and played a game of Street Fighter... beat it on one quarter!
NICE..
That reminds me of the 11th characteristic of an alphamale.. REALLY GOOD AT VIDEOGAMES..
that's really true, right guys? :(
shit.. am I qualifying myself?? fuck, I'm so confused..

A FINAL THOUGHT:

4) GUNWITCH METHOD.

How does this alpha behaviour stuff fit into GUNWITCH METHOD??

Is it possible that GUNWITCH tells us not to use routines or ANYTHING other than NEUTRAL
TALK, because it could be interpreted by the chick as you QUALIFYING YOURSELF?

Maybe that's why he finds it so hard to believe that any routines could be helpful in PU. Because
he hasn't seen routines executed in such a way that you are still alpha.. He's only seen it delivered
in a supplicative way.

I could TOTALLY see that, given that routines ARE often delivered in such a way, by myself
included on some days.

Neutral talk could be projected as ALPHA, because it is SELF-SECURE and not TRY-HARD.

I'm thinking that the fundamental type stuff that I've written here may auger very well with
GWM, in terms of bodylanguage, and "less is more".

-TD

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (4 of 36), Read 960 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:gunwitch gunwitch187@charter.net
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 07:59 AM
On 4/7/03 5:08:00 AM, TylerDurden wrote:

>
>A FINAL THOUGHT:
>
>4) GUNWITCH METHOD.
>
>How does this alpha behaviour
>stuff fit into GUNWITCH
>METHOD??
>
>Is it possible that GUNWITCH
>tells us not to use routines
>or ANYTHING other than NEUTRAL
>TALK, because it could be
>interpreted by the chick as
>you QUALIFYING YOURSELF?
>
>Maybe that's why he finds it
>so hard to believe that any
>routines could be helpful in
>PU. Because he hasn't seen
>routines executed in such a
>way that you are still alpha..
>He's only seen it delivered in
>a supplicative way.
>
>I could TOTALLY see that,
>given that routines ARE often
>delivered in such a way, by
>myself included on some days.
>
>Neutral talk could be
>projected as ALPHA, because it
>is SELF-SECURE and not
>TRY-HARD.
>
>I'm thinking that the
>fundamental type stuff that
>I've written here may auger
>very well with GWM, in terms
>of bodylanguage, and "less is
>more".

Yeah i find any of this as a supplication, SOMEtimes it comes off ok, then sometimes it fails, im
about time efficiency myself, ANYTHING that COULD fail, i dont use.

ALSO i dont feel comfortable in my own skin trying to tell her im worthy, she wants to fuck, why
do i need more than a dick? Sounds like the simplest PU method, but in truth its going all the way
back, all the way to the first of it, the sex, its always gotta be about the sex when it comes to a man
and a woman, if not its social conditioning, non mutual attraction, real non sex based enjoyment
or a waste of time.

One of the 4 and youll find THE dynamic between a man and woman, stare into that abyss and
youll see nothing more.

"make the ho say no"


TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (5 of 36), Read 910 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Prime Alpha adivken@post.tau.ac.il
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 11:04 AM

On 4/7/03 5:08:00 AM, TylerDurden wrote:


>That reminds me of the 11th
>characteristic of an
>alphamale.. REALLY GOOD AT
>VIDEOGAMES.. that's really
>true, right guys?

I'm a master of arcade games, I'm also good at generally any computer game you can dish out,
especially arcade like, and RTS, like StarCraft and WarCraft.

I know Jay's a Quake champion :-)

You can beet Street Fighter in 1 go? That's great bro! Try going to the mall [in peacocky clothes of
course] and doing that where everyone can see. Trust me on this :-) Go to an internet site with all
the moves and methods, study them, and get to the mall. If you pull this off on a good day, the
whole phucking mall's gonna be around you becasue you're da thang. Where you go from there, is
a choice I leave to you ;-)

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (6 of 36), Read 633 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Twitch cmgf3@hotmail.com
Date:Tuesday, April 08, 2003 09:09 PM

>
>I know Jay's a Quake champion :-)
>

*Snicker*

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (7 of 36), Read 966 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Wintermute icepickfreek@yahoo.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 05:13 AM

In article <72766.11306@discussion.fastseduction.com>, TylerDurden


says...

I like em all except for this one. If you can't get an even 10, don't
stretch it homes.

> 7) ANSWERING QUESTIONS WITH DEGRADING JIBBERISH.


I don't know if "degrading" is the right word. I think it's more about
answering with something people don't normally hear so that the
conversation never gets dull, but at the same time it can't become
contrived.

The Rick H "I'm an ass model" is not degrading, but it works. It just
has to be something that demonstrates his synapses are firing and he's
not willing to be lured into dull conversation. Plus the added benefit
you get the other person's synapses firing too.

> I've noticed that alphas will also have tendencies to take any question that
> you may have posed in attempt to get rapport with them, and answer it with some
> stupid non-sensical bullshit.
>
> This goes back to why I say "don't ask girls questions.. just make statements
> until they try to get rapport with YOU.. 'what's your name', etc etc"
>
> Say that you come across an alphamale, and you want to try to get rapport with
> him. Maybe you'll ask him some basic questions or something.
>
> But he'll answer with stupid shit like "guess", or "I work at taco bell.. I'm
> the employee of the month".. SOUND FAMILIAR? :)
>
> Also, they have a tendency to take what you asked and TWIST it around to
> ridicule you.
>
>

--
Wintermute *** RAFC+

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important (8 of 36), Read 960 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:TylerDurden tylerdurden9982@hotmail.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 06:27 AM

On 4/7/03 5:13:46 AM, Wintermute wrote:


>> 7) ANSWERING QUESTIONS
>WITH DEGRADING JIBBERISH.
>
>I don't know if "degrading" is
>the right word. I think it's
>more about
>answering with something
>people don't normally hear so
>that the
>conversation never gets dull,
>but at the same time it can't
>become
>contrived.
>
>The Rick H "I'm an ass model"
>is not degrading, but it
>works. It just
>has to be something that
>demonstrates his synapses are
>firing and he's
>not willing to be lured into
>dull conversation. Plus the
>added benefit
>you get the other person's
>synapses firing too.

Should have posted this. I've recognized TWO types of alphas.

#1, the type that maintains alpha status by making everyone around them BETTER.

Examples:
-Wayne Gretzky
-Mark Messier
-Winston Churchill
-

#2, the type that maintains alpha status by putting everyone around them DOWN.

Examples:
-Saddam Hussein
-puck hogs in hockey, who score goals but never pass
-my dad
-my insecure principle who would suspend people left and right, and teachers who always yell
-posters on this board who criticize alot of material, but never post their own (this isn't at anyone
specific since I don't have mental-energy to keep track of this stuff, but you'll see it happen from
time to time with posters who pass through here)
-the bully in high school

----

Going back to your post....

this is a REALLY good point, and I agree completely in some ways.

The 'ass model' type stuff is excellent because it APPEARS like you just thought of it right then
and there, and makes you seem intelligent -> good genetics.

However, I was commenting on typical traits of *natural* alphas, and wasn't NECESSARILY
commenting on IDEAL traits of alphas.

Rather, I was just commenting on what many natural alphas do, and that it should be
RECOGNIZED.

The degrading retorts fall into alpha category #2.

I am still as of yet UNSURE which of these tactics I feel I should KEEP, and which I should throw
away.

The degrading answers is something that MANY of the "Mr. Cool Guy" types around my campus
do, in a lame way to retain their alpha-status. I think its undeniable that it goes on, but that's only
given what I've seen in my life experience.

Either way though, I do agree with your rationale.


-TD

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important (9 of 36), Read 911 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:throughfare throughfare@mailvault.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 11:28 AM

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 06:27:00 -0400, TylerDurden wrote:


>The 'ass model' type stuff is excellent because it APPEARS like you just
>thought of it right then and there, and makes you seem intelligent -> good
>genetics.

Hey Tyler,

The idea of these flippant answers is also to convey the 'I don't give
a shit' attitude.

I think that's probably why Sisonpyh (from Cliff's List) recommended


never giving a straight answer & coming back with flippant replies.

I think this can be overdone, though, and doesn't neccessarily give


the best alpha impression.

IME this stuff should be used lightly to kid around with the girl
during rapport-building. You look like a bit of a clown if you keep
doing it nonstop in what should be normal social situations.

It should only used a bigtime in a situation where you're expected to


clown around a lot, like at a wild party, or in a club where
everybody's feeling wired.

ALSO, this is really important- guys who just read these C&F things
and SAY them are going to get the same results as guys who just recite
canned patterns or opening routines- they'll fall flat.

These replies have to be delivered with the right body language and
eye contact, for example, you might face her, pause, look deadly
serious into her eyes as you say it, then raise your eyebrows and
'twinkle' your eyes at her (the flirting eye gesture, as the
ethologists call it :) The 'twinkle' is a non-verbal way of saying
'just kidding'. Or you might hold the serious pose until she replies
to you, letting the tension build, and using the release of the
tension to improve your proximity/kino situation.

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (10 of 36), Read 965 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Euphorio
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 05:20 AM
>Look at rapport 50-Cent

What the fuck? How can I gain rapport with 50 cents? It's not possible. No way, Jose! Is he
Mexican?

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (11 of 36), Read 963 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:TylerDurden tylerdurden9982@hotmail.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 06:27 AM

On 4/7/03 5:20:00 AM, Euphorio wrote:


>>Look at rapport 50-Cent
>
>What the fuck? How can I gain
>rapport with 50 cents? It's
>not possible. No way, Jose! Is
>he Mexican?

damn you! don't mess with me, I am ALPHA!

-TD

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (12 of 36), Read 932 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:CoolWater
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 08:49 AM

I know of a guy whos very much an alpha and displays all of the alpha traits you listed, except he
DOES ask questions. Infact, he asks more questions than anyone else I know, to someone he's just
met. But he doesn't seem even slightly impressed with the answers.

I think that this is just a bit of alphaness that he's missing, and that him not asking questions will
make him seem even more alpha. He may think that when he asks questions, it helps in making
him more talkative, and helps his PU.

Any guy that me meets, he instantly tries to befriend, by being superfriendly, looking interested
(but not impressed) in what they're saying and who they are. Several people I've spoken to about
him, say that they "feel as if they're his best friend". This may just come down to good rapport
building skills. Can anyone expand on this?

coolwater

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (13 of 36), Read 923 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Commander Zap legendofcdrzap@hotmail.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 09:43 AM
I agree with just about all of this, interesting discussion.

Including that not asking many questions in a *social context* is alpha. Also for the reason
Mystery states, asking is requesting value, telling is giving value. But of course if you give too
much value by yacking away, you risk not being alpha.

Zap

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (14 of 36), Read 800 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Euphorio
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 06:45 PM

On 4/7/03 6:27:00 AM, TylerDurden wrote:


>On 4/7/03 5:20:00 AM, Euphorio wrote:
>>>Look at rapport 50-Cent
>>
>>What the fuck? How can I gain
>>rapport with 50 cents? It's
>>not possible. No way, Jose! Is
>>he Mexican?
>
>damn you! don't mess with me, I am
>ALPHA!
>
>
>-TD
>

If you were really alpha you wouldn't need to qualify yourself to me like this. Who am I? Your
daddy?

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - Narrow Alphaness and comparison with work (15 of 36), Read
914 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:slightlycynical
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 09:27 AM

Some interesting stuff here which has given me insights into a problem I've
had translating "work alphaness" into "PU alphaness"

The issue as I see it is that in a business context you often get Leaders
(ie Alphas) + Drones (ie Betas), but ALSO sometimes an additional role of
Advisor/Expert. ie someone who is respected for their opinion, analytics,
intellectual input etc by both the leader + the drones. Typically an advisor
will also be happy to directly confront the leader in their area of
speciality as they are, in essence, "Narrow Alphas", who are the gurus on a
particular area but are not challengers for outright leadership.

In a work context, I'm a Narrow Alpha - I am opinionated on my field of


choice, command respect (and cash) from people wanting my advice, spend a
lot of time doing presentations to paying audiences or being interviews by
press/TV.

But, this doesn't translate to PU very well, as (perhaps apart from a


wingman) there isn't an analogous role in PUA vs Target

Looking at some of your specific comments:

> 1) NEVER QUALIFYING THEMSELVES.


> They ASSUME that you'll think that they're the shit, because they ARE.
> TALKING ALOT / TOO MUCH IS VERY OFTEN INTERPRETED AS QUALIFYING
YOURSELF.

...whereas an expert is an expert precisely because their comments &


opinions are articulate & inherently well-qualified

... I have historically talked too much & so I am training myself to STFU
except on certain "pet" topics useful to convey value in PU (Travel is my
main one).

> 3) TALK SLOW.


> Talking fast is a way of QUALIFYING yourself to someone, because you are
> WORRIED that they'll stop listening to you and that you won't get out what
you
> have to say.

... again, this varies in a business context. An expert has SO MUCH to say,
they deliver value by trying to communicate as much of it to "the audience"
as possible. A bit like a sports commentator, I guess, which is a similar
type of role, or possibly a TV News anchorman.

I once took a job partly because my boss-to-be and I kept upping the pace of
speech to a ridiculous speed throughout the hour-long interview. She & I
mutually impressed each other, based largely around articulacy & common
intuitive thought processes.

Again, I'm training myself on talking more slowly. Difficult one, though.

> 6) ONLY HAVING RAPPORT WITH BETAS, EXCEPT FOR A FEW EXCEPTIONS.

Again, different in a "Narrow Alpha" sense. I know I can get PROFESSIONAL


rapport with anyone as I speak their language & "look them in the eye"
without either of us being a threat to the other. I've had drinks or meals
with a number of CEOs & other honchos, where we've had total rapport &
mutual understanding - sharing in-jokes, doing business etc.

> 7) ANSWERING QUESTIONS WITH DEGRADING JIBBERISH.

Obviously not in this context!

All this is helping me to crystallise some thoughts I'd been working on. In
a way, it's been really annoying to find that my Alpha work persona has been
fuck-all use in PU except with a narrow-niche of "braindigging" chicks who
get swept away by articulacy and analytics.

But on the other hand, I have been able to re-use certain mental states (eg
confidence to talk to whoever) in adopting ASF approaches. I realised that
if I can ask Bill Gates questions & not have him think I'm an arsehole, I
shouldn't be worried about some HB in a bar.

Cheers TD

SC

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - Narrow Alphaness and comparison with work (16 of 36), Read
279 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Yuri yuri@beigebox.com
Date:Saturday, April 26, 2003 09:48 PM

On 4/7/03 9:27:06 AM, slightlycynical wrote:


>Some interesting stuff here
>which has given me insights
>into a problem I've
>had translating "work
>alphaness" into "PU alphaness"
>
>The issue as I see it is that
>in a business context you
>often get Leaders
>(ie Alphas) + Drones (ie
>Betas), but ALSO sometimes an
>additional role of
>Advisor/Expert. ie someone who
>is respected for their
>opinion, analytics,
>intellectual input etc by both
>the leader + the drones.

Okay, well, the way I see it, your "narrow alpha" (the advisor/expert) is actually just a beta male
with expertise, and thus is respected for his expertise and NOTHING ELSE. I hate to say it bro,
but the narrow alpha is really just a pawn in the workplace, as people will use his advice
selectively and discard whatever doesn't work.

The work alpha is different from the PU alpha because they exist in different environments. While
the PU alpha can defy logic and just do whatever it is he does, this technique doesn't often work in
business unless you are dealing with all beta males. Also, if you're working in someone else's
business, you're beta by default.

How do you work your way up in a business playing the alpha


male? I'm still trying to figure that out. My lack of experience in a day-to-day air-conditioned
environment is probably to blame.

>i have realized something


>about you, tyler D, you are
>50% creative and 50% competitive.
>in other words, half of what you
>do is your own creation, and
>you steal 50% from other guys.

I'm gonna take a guess that you have a love/hate thing going for TD. You find him so exhilarating
and yet hate him because he violates your "core values."

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (17 of 36), Read 897 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Prime Alpha adivken@post.tau.ac.il
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 11:16 AM

On 4/7/03 4:30:00 AM, TylerDurden wrote:


[...]

Very interesting post bro. Some thoughts:

Some of these characteristics are walking a fine rope between Alpha and a$$hole. Remember the
Tiger/raven thread? Tigers are respected by everyone, ravens are eventually chucked away from
the group and need to find other turfs.

For example, the not being impressed might better be not being TOO impressed. "Hey dood,
that's kool :-)" would be ok, IMO. Totally ignoring wouldn't come of good; Neither would drooling
all over. There's always an optimum.

Also, you mentioned how some guys just make themselves out so alpha and wait for the women to
approach them. This reminds me of a thread from a while ago. There was this Alpha male who
was the head of a group and phucked most of the girls that passed thru the group. But he was only
Alpha in THAT group, and by using methods which sometimes would border the raven. He was
no true Tiger. Outside of his group, any ASFer could outsarge him any day, and some ASFers
could even dethrone him. A true Alpha would not hesitate to act upon an AI, or even approach
from scratch; People who rely too much on group dynamics to get laid are only half-Alpha, IMO.

Take a rock star to a country where he's not even known, and see how good his game his. Sure,
phucking 100's of chicks most of them would have developed some, and would have no trouble
nexting and sarging caveman style, but some of them would probably only be half-Alpha, not true
Alpha; Sarging groupies isn't PU, it's just good ole' sex.

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (18 of 36), Read 892 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:ijjjji ijjjji@yahoo.com
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 12:08 PM

On 4/7/03 4:30:00 AM, TylerDurden wrote:


>1) NEVER QUALIFYING
>THEMSELVES.

Also, do crazy shit at once, when you enter a new environment. Do it like its the most natural
thing in the world. This tells everyone that this is who you are and that you expect/demand
everyone to be cool with it. After you have demonstrated this at an early stage, you can get away
with ANYTHING with the people you demonstrated for - they'll probably even think its
cool/funny since it far out shit that normally is frowned upon.
>2) NOT LOOKING AROUND.
>
>Think CLINT EASTWOOD. He
>hears a big bang or loud
>noise, and he SLOWLY turns to
>look at it. He doesn't let
>ANYBODY disturb him. He's in
>his own reality.

Bruce Willies does the exact same thing in Die Hard movies.

Another great one is when someone talks to him from the side/behind and he talks back without
moving, even if they threaten to kill him. The clue here is to reveal that you have NO FEAR.

>3) TALK SLOW.

Good, but not half as important as the one you forgot: MOVE SLOW. I was at the mall on
saturday, and in the center there is a winding stairs and I was walking down and there were some
very small kids in front of me walking veeery slow, so I had to slow down myself. As I was moving
down the stairs in UTTER SLOW MOTION, I notice that at least 10 girls are staring at me from
different places on the floor below. Two small groups of girls changes their direction of movement
towards the base of the stairs and stops, turn their backs towards me and start throwing quick
glances at me over their shoulder. It was a SHOCKING experience - like I was the KING walking
down from my throne or something... But listen: I was not moving slow - I was moving
INCREDIBLY SLOW. Each step took like 4 seconds and i did it in fluid motion, not step - wait -
step... you better try this out!

>4) BEING THE ANCHOUR OF THE


>CONVERSATION.

This is an effect, not a cause. This is of course good if you want to gauge how well you are doing.

>6) ONLY HAVING RAPPORT WITH


>BETAS, EXCEPT FOR A FEW
>EXCEPTIONS.

But also IGNORING betas WHENEVER they feel like it. Exsample1: beta talking to HB. alpha
comes in and starts talking to HB as if beta does not exist. Example2: beta says something. alpha
says something totally unrelated as if beta never said anything.

>7) ANSWERING QUESTIONS WITH


>DEGRADING JIBBERISH.

Hehehe - I never miss an opportunity to do this to other alphas. They go slightly mad in the
beginning, but soon they give in and become beta when I'm around :-)

>8) ALPHAMALES DON'T GIVE A


>FUCK ABOUT YOU.

Ok - you covered my comment under §7.

Recap: Try slow graceful moves - try doing all your movements like Clint does his slow head turn.
This is the BOMB!
TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (19 of 36), Read 838 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:breakbeat fm_breakbeat@gmx.net
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 04:05 PM

>4b) USURPING THE GLORY.


>
>Alphas seem to take ANYTHING that challenges their alpha status in the room and
>USURP it for themselves.
>
>This is a variation of being the ANCHOUR of the convo.
>
>Basically, if you're not the alpha, and you say something cool, the alphamale
>might do something like "YEAH THAT IS THE SHIT... YOU COULD EVEN DO X,Y,Z...."
>
>Somehow, YOUR cool idea has become THEIR cool idea, and they've usurped the
>credit for your idea.

that, my friend, is shit.

you see how people react to mystery when he shows up on this board
recently? now he does have good shit of his own, so why do they?

now i've seen you do this with my ideas from day one, and i never said
anything because i don't feel like chasing through each and every one
of your long-ass posts to scan for material that's mine, and number
two it doesn't really matter cuz the people who need it will get it
and i'm not about getting nods.

i have realized something about you, tyler D, you are 50% creative and
50% competitive. in other words, half of what you do is your own
creation, and you steal 50% from other guys.

in other words, you are 50% your alpha type A and 50% your alpha type
B.

now i like the 50% alpha type A about you, that's your cool side. all
that other stuff i think is just plain being a dick, period. i'm
convinced the girls you're gonna actually have real fun with like you
because of the 50% alpha type A that's in you. that's the 50% of you
that can create VALUE FOR EVERYBODY AROUND YOU OUT OF THIN AIR.

if you feel like you're trying too hard, that's the 50% competitive.
that's the guy who'll just take two (inferior? wtf???) sevens by the
arm and fuck with them so he will "impress" a (perceived) 9. dude,
sorry, that's fucked up. you're TAKING AWAY from the sevens (possibly
ruining their night), you're TAKING AWAY from the 9s, because if they
want a guy with chicks flocking off him you're only giving them one
who PRETENDS to be a guy with chicks flocking off him. and finally,
you're taking away from yourself because you strike through your
ability to TRULY become somebody with the chicks flocking off him.

i actually hate to be pissy like this and i'd much rather write about
something else, but i like you, or should i say that 50% real tyler D
about you, and all that bogus bologna just plain pisses me off, and
besides you ARE taking away real value from me by stealing
recognition.

let's take a counter example. hedge killa gave me an awesome book tip
that really improved my conversation skills. i wanna help the newbies
on this board, so did i go around and call myself breakbeat the newbie
guru and pretended i came up with that book tip and everything else
out of thin air like a deity? no way man, every single time (and that
was a lot of times, and i was wondering if this was kind of stupid) i
said thanks hedge in my posts.

now did that take away from my perceived glory? maybe. i can make up
for that, if i'm interested in glory. the real question is, how does
hedge feel about that? i'm sure he feels pretty darn good and he shows
me that too. you know how that makes me feel? RELAXED. no mind
spinning, i just know i gotta buddy here on ASF who's not fucking me
over, we just are here and provide value for each other. so you wanna
stop the constant mind-race? STOP PRETENDING dude. now i know you hang
with mystery who's probably really good at pretending and if you stop
pretending you're probably not going to want to learn as much from him
as you do now. it will shatter your relationship with him if you stop
pretending. you gotta know that, and it's not pretty.

now to the benefits of not pretending. now you complain about the true
alphas just shooting the shit and here you are spinning and mindracing
and constantly STRESSED OUT AS HELL to keep up your image. what's the
trick? well, you let yourself be the image.

now dude this does not mean you get out-alphaed. alpha has a lot to do
with setting your priorities and creating your own world. you already
know that. now try adding this: creating your own world in a way where
everybody whose world mingles with your world gets benefit. this is
NOT a zero sum game! this is a question of growth, more of everything
for everybody.

okay let's bring this back to the alpha thing. you wanna get chicks.
so what you do is you throw yourself out there and be (make the
mundane fascinating by expressing it in your own unique way). you show
these chicks what it is you want from them. you have your conditions
for taking them. you screen. but you are you, and compromising your
ability to just express yourself for ANYBODY, including chicks, is
just about the most beta thing you can do. it's SUPPLICATING TO THE
WORLD. TRYING TO PLEASE THE WORLD. now the only way you're gonna
please the world is by making the most of yourself, and i mean REALLY
make the most of yourself, by BECOMING more, not only APPEARING to be
more.

now, you wanna do that, go ahead and do that. i'm telling you you're
gonna crash. or at the very least you're never gonna get rid of the
constant stress in your mind, constantly working to keep up the image.
that will be your constant companion, as well as the fear to be
uncovered. now nobody likes to be ignored and betaized, so what do you
do? you create groups in which you alphaize each other. i can see you
starting to do that right now.
now what about those "fake" chicks? well if a chick reduces her "real"
self to nil and is only fake... now why the hell would i want to hang
with her? she has nothing to offer me. i think her sweet body gets
ugly as fuck when she's fake. i screen her. you see there are club
chicks with sweet bodies who go to the place to have fun and have a
life, and there are club chicks who live in the club and hope to get
approval by whoever they think is the MOST ALPHA, or whatever. those
chicks just don't get it. why would i want to compromise something
REAL, like perhaps a possibly nice person 7, to create a fake image?
dude that sucks so bad i just wanna give you a good kick to shake you
back into reality. imagine it this way. you wanna be the shining guy
who shines because he sucks up all the shinyness around him and leaves
a trail of destruction? or do you want to be the shiny guy who shines
because he knows where the shiny stuff comes from in the first place
and leaves a trial of abundance behind him?

dude it's your choice. i like you as a person, you have value. if you
wanna be that 50% of yourself that's real, you're welcome in my life
in whatever way, IM, come over to switzerland for a visit, we'll have
a blast together, cause i know you're a great guy.

now if you wanna be that other 50%, you can go freeze to death on the
north pole. if you're gonna steal my ideas and call them your own, i
have two words for you: NOT WELCOME. PISS OFF. you will have NO
RELEVANCE WHATSOEVER in my reality, you're gonna be beta whenever
you're near me cause i'm going to ignore you. why? because you do not
add to my reality, you take away from it. you're a cheat. a stealing
shit. a lyer. i screen people like that and you are no exception, if
that's the person you wanna be. it's your choice. think about it.

f.m. breakbeat

--------
appreciate to attract

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (20 of 36), Read 789 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:InnerCalm
Date:Monday, April 07, 2003 08:25 PM

>4b) USURPING THE GLORY.

Usurping??????????????

Is that a word? If it is, could you please give use the definition, or at least the correct spelling.

>9) ALPHAMALES GET MORE CREDIT


>FOR MINOR ACTS OF KINDNESS
>THAN BETAS DO.
This one I have to agree with more so than anything else that I agree with.

It's true. Alphas are confident, outstanding, and bold, all traits that people envy, so when they
receive a kind act from an alpha they feel a little higher than they were before, depending on
where they are on the Beta-----Alpha scale. (This is why 101 theory works)

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (21 of 36), Read 732 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Pap nkho50@yahoo.com
Date:Tuesday, April 08, 2003 12:11 AM

There are many characteristics of an alpha-male, however, here are the FIVE most talked about
by Mystery:

1. HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR

Show that you don't everything seriously...that you can laugh at the funny things in life. Be the
guy who is able to make boring things and mundane situations into playful and enjoyable ones.
Laugh! When you are having a good time, laughing, and having fun, others will feel it.

2. BE WELL-GROOMED

Shave well. Make sure you look sharp (unless you are going for a grungy-rockstar-biker look).
Keep good hygiene. Be a guy that people look at because you are well-dressed, stylish, and people
look at you and know you take good care of yourself.

3. BE OUTGOING

Demonstrate that you have an outgoing personality, a passion for life (and the fabulous things in
it). If you have a sense of adventure and enthusiasm for a certain somthing, you go for it. You are
successful, ambitious, and take what you want. You are always in control.

4. ESTABLISH A CONNECTION

You establish a genuine connection and rapport with the people you talk to. Be a good-listener
and establish common grounds with people you talk to. You are not egotistical or arrogant. You
connect with people on their level and are genuinely interested in people.

5. SMILE

When you smile and are having a good time, the energy you put out will be shared by others
around you. Do NOT fake a smile, but when you are enjoying yourself, smile! Smiling is
contagious. People feel good when they know they are around other people having a good time
with them.

Cheers,

Papa

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (22 of 36), Read 705 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:pickettcs pickettcs@aol.com
Date:Tuesday, April 08, 2003 02:23 AM

> Usurping??????????????

From the base word..


Usurp: To take or assume without right.

RTFD!! (Read The Fucking Dictionary!!) lol

PICK

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (23 of 36), Read 665 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Sarge103
Date:Tuesday, April 08, 2003 12:37 PM

Usurp (yoo-sûrp, -zûrp)


- verb
v. u·surped, u·surp·ing, u·surps
v. tr.
To seize and hold (the power or rights of another, for example) by force and
without legal authority. See Synonyms at appropriate.
To take over or occupy without right: usurp a neighbor's land.

v. intr.
To seize another's place, authority, or possession wrongfully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
[Middle English usurpen, from Old French usurper, from Latin srpre, to take
into use, usurp. See reup- in Indo-European Roots.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
u·surper n.
u·surping·ly adv.
http://dictionary.reference.com/

(or as the teacher said ... look it up!)


--
Sarge103 - RAFC, 1st class

<InnerCalm> wrote in message


news:72946.11306@discussion.fastseduction.com...
> >4b) USURPING THE GLORY.
>
>
> Usurping??????????????
>
>
> Is that a word? If it is, could you please give use the definition, or at
> least the correct spelling.
>

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important (24 of 36), Read 653 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Pissed Off! mrmystery14@yahoo.com
Date:Tuesday, April 08, 2003 03:45 PM

Pretty good list.

My personal opinion on alphaness is very simple and extremely effective.

1. Have fun, enjoy whatever your doing.

2. Don't care what anyone else thinks of you.

3. Thats it!

If you follow this step by step plan, you will be much more alpha and all the things on tylers list
will happen naturally. I'm not gonna explain why this works, because I think its pretty self-
explanatory.

It takes time to really get good at this, but if you invest the time in my "Alpha Recipe" then you
will be a true alpha and a happier person.

Enjoy!

Pissed Off!
_______________________________
Formerly known to the internet community as "Mr. Mystery", NOT "Mystery".

"Those that go searching for love, only manifest their own lovelessness. And the loveless never
find love, only the loving find love. And they never have to seek for it" - D.H. Lawrence

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important (25 of 36), Read 530 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:breakbeat fm_breakbeat@gmx.net
Date:Thursday, April 10, 2003 12:38 AM

gee, dude, i never bothered to open your posts because your handle looks so frightening.

this is actually it, summed up.

i've been going on and on about real value. actually creating real value is the "fun" part. and then
people naturally move your way and you CAN do what you want.

f.m. breakbeat

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (26 of 36), Read 605 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:InnerCalm
Date:Tuesday, April 08, 2003 11:18 PM

On 4/8/03 2:28:54 AM, uglyswordfish wrote:


>> Usurping??????????????
>>
>>
>> Is that a word? If it
>is, could you please give use
>the definition, or at
>> least the correct
>spelling.
>
>I'm not a native speaker, so
>my dictionary helps out
>sometimes. It says:
>
>"formal: to take a job or
>position that belongs to
>someone else without
>having the right to do this"
>
>Just what I understood from
>the context the word was
>presented in...
>

Where did you get your dictionary?

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (27 of 36), Read 643 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:depex depex@lilug.no
Date:Tuesday, April 08, 2003 05:56 PM

dude! I love you. This post is mad $$ for me. I'm printing a card to
remember it all for the next weeks. I'm seeing this as something which can
really help me in allot of areas. You'll get feedback on this from me in two
weeks or so.
tnx

> I can remember walking into a class late one day, and not looking at the
> teacher WHATSOEVER.
>
> The girls started giggling, as I looked totally unconcerned at what anyone
> thought, and they started hitting on me after class. I mean I can hardly
> convey this over the net.. The reaction was RIDICULOUS.

ok, now do this with food in one hand while eating. (not chicken for christs
sake, it looks ridiculess) I was thinking about posting something about
that/not giving a fuck. But I wasnt really sure what was going on when I did
it. Well anyways I do it once in a while just to get my ego up.

depexx

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (28 of 36), Read 586 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Alphaman
Date:Wednesday, April 09, 2003 05:50 AM

Very good post, I did a few of these things yesterday and the results were quite amazing, quite a
lot more AI than usual, and even some heavy kino from a chick I had a one sentence convo with.

On 4/7/03 4:30:00 AM, TylerDurden wrote:


>ALPHAMALE CHARACTERISTICS:

>2) NOT LOOKING AROUND.

I'm not understanding this one totally. What are you supposed to look at? I mean, I understand
how it is applied how it works in the situations you mentioned, but what about in street or club
environments. I went out with the intention of not looking around until I reached the first street
crossing, my gut decided it really was still best to look both ways, good thing too, I would have got
hit by a bus had I not. More importantly, if you don't look around how will you know if there are
HB's in the vicinity?

(snip)

>3) How does this CONFLICT with


>the fact that you NEED TO BE
>TALKATIVE in order to pickup.
>
>It's funny, because it could
>be argued that the true alpha
>doesn't TRY to pickup, but
>just goes out with his group
>and has girls do the work to
>approach HIM.

Yes, yes, this actually does work, though it does require the group... Damn, I need to find a new
group...

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (29 of 36), Read 504 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:throughfare throughfare@mailvault.com
Date:Thursday, April 10, 2003 01:04 PM

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 04:30:00 -0400, TylerDurden wrote:

>>insights onto what an alphamale really was, and what


>characteristics/attributes/qualities they had.
>
>I kept my eyes open for a long time, and compiled a mental list. I've been
>meaning to post this for a while.

To get this thread back on topic, now that the flamewar & off-topic
stuff seems to have died down.

I'd like to see additions to the list- specific, not general, alpha
behaviors

And please boys, keep the crap out of this thread . . .

One addition is:

11) CONFRONTS AND DEALS WITH BEHAVIOR GOING ON BEHIND HIS BACK, IF
IT'S SERIOUS, OTHERWISE PAYS NO ATTENTION TO IT. When people are
talking shit behind his back, trying to stab him in the back,
undermine him, or whatever, the alpha evaluates the situation, taking
his time (nothing looks more beta than instantly flying off the handle
when you find out about some shit)

If he thinks there is no threat to him, and the other guy is of no


consequence, he lets it roll off his back, the other guy is beneath
contempt- he doesn't exist for the Alpha.

If it's serious, the Alpha confronts the guy, to his face, looking him
straight in the eye, and challenges him to say the stuff he was
talking about behind his back straight to his face.

It's amazing how few betas will do it., and when they do they kind of
grovel. I've gotten a kick out of seeing this happen.

Of course, the true Alpha will be ready with a plan for what he's
going to do if the backstabber challenges him by saying the shit with
no submission . . .

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (30 of 36), Read 416 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:toecutter toecutter@mail.com
Date:Saturday, April 19, 2003 02:43 AM

I almost replied on private e-mail, but reconsidered and post instead. TylerDurden sent me a
private e-mail asking for feedback on this post since he learned a lot of it he says based on
meeting me. So I post my response here. It is actually good feedback for me on how I come across,
and a sad inditement of my aloofness also. The issue here is really about what it means to be cool.
I meet a lot of people from the community, and very few it seems to me measure up to the
standard of cool that I expect from my friends so maybe some elemetary discussion are in order.
Comments within:
>
> ALPHAMALE CHARACTERISTICS:
>
>
> 1) NEVER QUALIFYING THEMSELVES.
>
> "Qualify" meaning that they never brag or even REMOTELY explain things...
> they don't say "I'm tired right now", or "I'm really hung over", or "My good
> clothes are at home", or "I used to be able to lift that weight, but I
> haven't been in the gym for a while.", or "I could do that, but I'm having a
> bad day."
>
> Similarly, they don't talk excessively about all the chicks they've laid, or
> all their girlfriends, or all their success.
>
> WHY? Because they don't even GIVE A FUCK enough about you to even tell you
> about it.

I am sorry I come off like that. But on the other hand my internal dialogue about whether I am
hungry, or need a shit or whatever is my internal dialogue. There is a filter between my brain and
my mouth. I would like it if other people could have the same filter and think about my interests
before they open their mouths and sprout it to me because it would save all the banal
conversations that I have to have sometimes. When a banal conversation comes along, I either
tune out and get into a conversatoin with the person to my left until it is over and the person has
taken a hint, or let it be known that I am not interested with a disinterested facial guesture, or
sometimes in a PU I will give the chick a "Spare me!". It is not a bad neg actually. This is really
about the mechanism of negs. And it is true ... I dont give a fuck about if someone else is hungry
unless it somehow impacts my plans in that I will have to accompany them to get something to eat
or something. It is not that I am only self interested, I just expect some restraint on their part as
to what we are going to talk about.

If a chick tells me she is hungry during a PU, I will use the op for an instant date. If an instant
date is not possible and the statement is banal I will not answer it, just leap the conversation to a
new thread "Really? so anyway, I was down on the corner of Jefferson Ave. and Main St. the other
day and ..."

>
> They ASSUME that you'll think that they're the shit, because they ARE.

Yeah, I do truely believe that I am the shit, because I am:-). You have to be cooler than the chick
in a PU. Always. Doesn't matter if she thinks she is the club queen with hangers on and an
enterage, that is what a neg is for. Tell her she is weird. You are suddenly cooler. She tells you that
you are weird, she is cooler, especially if you try to justify your self, or go into self-discovery mode.
Tell her as a retort that her momma didn't teach her any manners. Or that she doesn't get out
much. You are the cooler one again. You know about manners, social interactoins and all that
stuff more than her.

>
> TALKING ALOT / TOO MUCH IS VERY OFTEN INTERPRETED AS QUALIFYING
YOURSELF.

It is not about talking too much so much as talking fucking banalities or too quickly or rabbitting
from one conversation to another with no eye for whether the topics of conversation are of
interest to the other person. Someone who always has to fill the silence with bullshit is
unconfident. If there is a silence don't fill it like a hopping running rabbit just scattering some
mad movement into the silence ... just shrug your shoulders, smile and say to her "So you are full
of scintilating conversation ... c'mon, tell me a story, entertain me!" They never can. Too much
pressure. They will say as much and ask you to tell them a story. That is your cue for a routine.
You look cool, she looks boring. She will want to fuck you because you are cooler than her.
>
>
> 2) NOT LOOKING AROUND.
I am big on this one. Say it all the time to everyone I go out with. "Stop looking at them! Dont
stand there and scope the room! You are fucking it up for me with your uncoolness. You have to
have your own shit going on!" The 3 second rule is worth sticking to.
>
> Think CLINT EASTWOOD. He hears a big bang or loud noise, and he SLOWLY turns
> to look at it. He doesn't let ANYBODY disturb him. He's in his own reality.

This is more of not being an excitable rabbit. Anyone who has spent time anywhere that is
dangerous (rough neighbourhoods, dangerous cities) knows that you are best off in a new place
just working out the scene for a little bit and acting as if the place is normal to you. Tourists to the
neighbourhoods stand out because they stare at things that are normal to the locals. This makes
them targets for theives. You have to look comfortable in your environment. Every time you do
anything you should look like you have done it 1000 times before. You want to be the opposite of
Vince Vaughan in "Made" where it was obvious that he was new to the whole NY limo thing, etc.

>
>
> 3) TALK SLOW.
>
> Think to when you are chatting some authority figure, or somebody who you
> admire. If you're like me, you'll increase your speech DRAMATICALLY.

Covered it, but this does not mean drawling like a retard it means make sure you are not
rabbiting, and leaving pauses.

> 4) BEING THE ANCHOUR OF THE CONVERSATION.


>
> Notice that when an obviously alpha guy is present, everyone faces their
> bodylanguage towards him.
>
> If you crack a joke, people wait for the alphamale to laugh as a sort of
> "approval" of the joke. He laughs, and then everyone follows.

OK, that just happens. I try to make people feel reasonably comfortable in my presence though.

> 4b) USURPING THE GLORY.


>
> Alphas seem to take ANYTHING that challenges their alpha status in the room
> and USURP it for themselves.
>
> This is a variation of being the ANCHOUR of the convo.
>
> Basically, if you're not the alpha, and you say something cool, the
> alphamale might do something like "YEAH THAT IS THE SHIT... YOU COULD EVEN
> DO X,Y,Z...."

I am not sure that this is usurping. If TD has applied the word to me I am guessing that it applies
to my interaction with TD on the night I met him. It wasn't a competition for me though. I think it
is a good way to interact for a different reason. Look, with a person you can be adversarial. I mean
that someone makes a comment and you take the opposite position, but when someone makes a
statement you can take the ball and continue to run with it. It moves the conversation off into new
and interesting directions. I posted once on this. It is a technique from a deBono book (can't
remember which one).

> 5) NEVER BEING IMPRESSED.


> But will HE come over and act impressed? NOPE.
>
> He'll just go do his own thing, or just sit there eating his ravioli,
> unimpressed with me, in his own reality.

It literally takes a lot to impress me. But I agree, it is uncool to gush. Just nod your head and go
"Yeah, nice one!" Or "That is interesting, tell me about it" then they are the ones trying to impress
you. This is not a concious technique for me but I recognise that I probably do it. Again it is just a
part of my definition of what it means to be cool, together and under control.

> 6) ONLY HAVING RAPPORT WITH BETAS, EXCEPT FOR A FEW EXCEPTIONS.

Don't know about that one. I mostly hang with people who I think are cool. "You can judge a man
by the company he keeps". "Birds of a feather flock together". And other cliches.

> 7) ANSWERING QUESTIONS WITH DEGRADING JIBBERISH.

Do I do that?

> 8) ALPHAMALES DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU.

Yeah, that is true. I think it is about how TD left my presence, I didn't give a fuck. It is a pity, but
who gives a fuck?

This is also about being an independent thinker, and self relient. I have enough friends in my life,
I am not really looking for any more, but if someone is cool to spend time with, I am open to it. It
is about being comfortable with yourself. I am courtious and friendly with people I just met giving
them the benifit of the doubt.

> 9) ALPHAMALES GET MORE CREDIT FOR MINOR ACTS OF KINDNESS THAN BETAS DO.

A lamo trying to ingatiate himself with someone will never get respect. This is not a new point
only further reason not to be a lamo.

> 10) ULTIMATE COMFORT IN OWN SKIN.

This, fellas, is what it is all about.

Thanks for the feedback, TD. It gives me something to think about. I am not consciously an
arrogant prick, I assure you.

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:Re: 10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (31 of 36), Read 357 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Pheromone
Date:Monday, April 21, 2003 07:50 AM

I am an Alpha myself, but i learned a lot from reading your post... I


obviously have a lot to work on. Thanks man.

-Pheromone

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (32 of 36), Read 367 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:ozwald1 ozwald1@hotmail.com
Date:Monday, April 21, 2003 02:25 PM

On 4/19/03 2:43:00 AM, toecutter wrote:


"You have to be cooler than the chick in a PU. Always."

"If there is a silence don't fill it like a hopping running rabbit just scattering some mad movement
into the silence... just shrug your shoulders, smile and say to her "So you are full of scintilating
conversation ... c'mon, tell me a story, entertain me!" They never can. Too much pressure. They
will say as much and ask you to tell them a story. That is your cue for a routine. You look cool, she
looks boring. She will want to fuck you because you are cooler than her."

Think back to when you were successful (and when you weren't), who came across as cooler, who
was the prize, who was chasing who? This is what peacocking can do instantly(you still have to
back it up), makes YOU the coolest person in the room. If you aren't cool enough to attract the
women you want, figure out what you need to do to be that cool, look for the guys that are. Good
to see you post a little again.

-ozwald1

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (33 of 36), Read 363 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:toecutter toecutter@mail.com
Date:Wednesday, April 23, 2003 12:15 AM

Make sure you are not trying to be so cool that you dont approach. Part of this is being prepared
to make a fool of yourself. Often you go into the high end clubs and all the Eduardos are there
with their indoor sunglasses trying so hard to look cool that they will not approach (thus all the
outstanding girls are left alone). That is not cool, it is shy, and wrapping yourself in "coolness" as
an excuse not to get out there and try your luck.

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (34 of 36), Read 340 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:Berserker jeremymh@msn.com
Date:Wednesday, April 23, 2003 01:52 AM

OK, Let me start by saying this:


This is my first post but I think that I have something to say about this topic (being TOO cool to
approach).

I am a bartender and I see this happen all night long. There are always, without a doubt, at least
10 guys in the club standing together with their arms crossed making sure to not be paying
attention to anything, and definitely giving off the "I'm totally cool" vibe. In my bar, we do things
a little bit differently and have a majority female clientele, which equals good girl/guy ratio, and a
majority male staff. So, some of the things we do are more suited to things that women may like to
do, and lots of guys have the "you're a fag" reaction to the things that we do.

So, these guys, in effect, make an effort to distance themselves from the chicks.

And, they give me a good situation to build rapport with the chicks by joking about how much
"cooler" those guys who don't do anything must be. Guaranteed, the women always respond with
a laugh and ALWAYS think those guys are chumps. Which means that those guys ALWAYS go
home alone, and we're the ones who the women can't wait to AT LEAST give their # to. The worst
part is the desire to "not shit where you eat" by dating a customer.

Of the Alpha traits listed by Tyler, I find that the ones that work best for me are

NOT QUALIFYING YOURSELF


Tyler is definitely right that it is much more powerful to just BE the shit, and ASSUME that
everyone else will think so.

NOT ANSWERING OR ANSWERING WITH JIBBERISH


See Tyler's post.

NOT GIVING A FUCK


makes everyone want to make you give a fuck

ULTIMATE COMFORT IN OWN SKIN


The single most important trait, as far as I can tell. Some of the guys that I work with have gone so
far as to ask their girlfriends what it is that makes us so attractive to the girls that come into the
bar. The response is always the same: that we don't really seem to give a shit about what we look
like, as long as we're having fun. I think that if you have this trait, women can recognize it and it
INSTANTLY makes you more attractive to them.

Maybe some of this can be of help to someone. Any comments are always appreciated.

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (35 of 36), Read 331 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:gunwitch gunwitch187@charter.net
Date:Wednesday, April 23, 2003 07:21 AM

On 4/23/03 12:15:00 AM, toecutter wrote:


>Make sure you are not trying
>to be so cool that you dont
>approach. Part of this is
>being prepared to make a fool
>of yourself. Often you go into
>the high end clubs and all the
>Eduardos are there with their
>indoor sunglasses trying so
>hard to look cool that they
>will not approach

LOL, yeah ive seen them types, fucking lame boys all they are, trying to be pimp. As you said
HIGH END clubs, so ive only seem em outa town myself.

"make the ho say no"

Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit


Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic:10 Alpha behaviours - for breakbeat (important) (36 of 36), Read 323 times
Conf:>> Advanced
From:ozwald1 ozwald1@hotmail.com
Date:Wednesday, April 23, 2003 03:15 PM

On 4/23/03 12:15:00 AM, toecutter wrote:


>Make sure you are not trying
>to be so cool that you dont
>approach. Part of this is
>being prepared to make a fool
>of yourself.

This is the difference between being cool and acting cool. If you are cool, then you know that
you're the most interesting guy in the club and that any woman you talk to will realize this too.
You aren't just outwardly cool(least important), but inwardly cool. People who act cool are
inwardly boring, insecure guys who hope that their image alone will attract a few women so that
they don't have to risk anything of themselves.

-ozwald1

"I be catchin' bitches while bitches be catchin' feelings"


-xzibit

25 things

Taught a few hundred guys by now just from meeting guys through PAIR and in workshops

recently, and this is the shit that ups their game instantly with no tactics or anything. I see

this shit ALL THE TIME. It's the BIGGEST and most COMMON problem I see after everyone I've

met. This is some of the main shit I focus on fixing when I'm in the field.

Almost EVERYONE I met so far screws up this shit, and it totally fucks up their sarges.

If you do this, don't feel bad. 99% of guys I meet do it to various extents (myself included).

This is the extension of the "10 alpha qualities" post, which was when I was first figuring out

what this shit meant. Back then, I was just posting observations. This post contains

conclusions, having now thought about it.

ERADICATE this shit, and your game will go up B-I-G-T-I-M-E, more than ANY tactics will help

you. This is part of what's called being a "natural". Even with nothing else, if you know this

stuff you'll do well socially, and probably get laid. This stuff is the KEY.

This stuff is only for people who play the REAL game, not the INTERNET ARMCHAIR GAME. So

guys who don't actually PLAY can skip this, because there's not much theory in it - its directly

applicable.
1) FIDGETY MOVEMENTS AND TIGHT SHOULDERS AND TAKING YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY

OR BEING TOO BUSINESSLIKE OR "SOPHISTICATED" (not laughing or being relaxed) = very

visible subconsious (or conscious) self-doubt, overcompensating through non-relaxed state,

where you're prepared to deal with anything that could happen. Ever met someone who

doesn't blink when you talk to them?

2) TALKING TOO FAST = worried that people will stop listening to you unless you get out

something that will interest them before they leave

3) LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN JOKES = covering up that you aren't affected that others didn't

laugh, and social nervousness

4) SAYING "RIGHT" OR "YOU KNOW" AFTER STATEMENTS = seeking validation that what you

said was true, or saying it because others aren't

5) STANDING WITH LEGS NOT HALF A METER APART AT LEAST = worried that you'll infringe

on other people's personal space

6) TALKING TOO SOFTLY OR LOUD = fear that you'll impose yourself on people and their

personal space(ie: beta).. alpha males aren't afraid to project their voice.. YET, talking

obviously too LOUD can also be seen as OVERCOMPENSATING. Just like guys who wear

GENERIC clothes are trying to fit in, or guys who wear OUTRAGEOUS clothes are trying too

hard to overcompensate. (hint: be careful with peacocking, find a style that doesn't come off

this way, which can be tricky but is still very doable).. Some guys don't talk, some talk too

much, etc etc.. Find appropriate balance through trial and error, which is determined through

social observation,

7) MOVING YOUR HANDS AROUND WHILE YOU TALK = trying to keep the attention of the

group (sometimes can be cool, but most often a form of qualifying yourself)

8) LEANING IN *or* 'PECKING' = too eager to talk.. NEVER lean in no matter how loud the

environment is MAKE HER LEAN IN or just leave but NEVER lean in or "peck" as its also called.

9) FACING BODY/FEET TOWARDS HER BEFORE SHE EARNED IT = trying to gain rapport with

her too eagerly.


10) CHASING WHEN SHE WALKS AWAY = hoping she'll listen. If a chick moves away from

you, move your bodylanguage MORE away from her, so she'll be drawn back.. don't CHASE

her... WTF?!@?!?

11) NOT WITHDRAWING (backturns, etc) WHEN SHE DOES SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULDN'T

TOLERATE FROM AN UGLY GIRL OR A GUY = trying too hard to pick her up

12) ANSWERING QUESTIONS TOO QUICKLY/EARLY = too much interest in the conversation

13) TURNING YOUR HEAD (OR "SNAPPING") WHEN YOU'RE ADDRESSED = too eager to be in

convo.. so if your head is facing the other direction, and a girl says something to you, turn it

SLOWLY to her, don't snap it out of eagerness to hear her

14) GOING BACK TO A PRIOR THREAD THAT WAS INTERUPTED AT THE FIRST

CHANCE/BREAK-IN-CONVO THAT YOU GET = trying too hard to impress them.. (ie: when a

thread gets broken off in the convo, and you go back to it FIRST chance you get when the

other topic ends, you look like you were WAITING to get back to it.. WHY are you so eager to

get back on it, unless you don't feel comfortable around the person and you need to qualify

yourself to them?) WAIT until THEY say "what was that you were saying before?", and THEN

go back to it.. if it doesn't happen, *DROP IT* even if it was good.

15) NOT APPEARING MORE INTO YOUR WINGMAN THEN THE CHICK = trying too hard to pick

her up.. you've known your wingman longer than her.. why do you pay more attention to her

than your wing???

16) TOO EAGER TO PAY ATTENTION - SAYING "what?" IF YOU CAN'T HEAR HER, PRIOR TO

BEING IN RAPPORT = too much interest in what she's saying.. if she mumbles, just STACK

OPENERS into an entirely DIFFERENT topic, RATHER than saying "what?" This is fucking KEY

KEY KEY. If you say "what?" you'll lose her unless you're already past attraction and into

rapport. If this happens, just run a new opener and change the topic. 1- you don't look too

eager, 2- you look alpha for being disinterested in what she's talking about which helps

anyway

17) REPLYING WITH OVERLY THOUGHT-OUT OF LOGICAL ANSWERS OR WITH OVERLY

CLEAR/FORMAL PRONUNCIATION = being concerned that you won't be accepted unless you

convince really well (eg. HB: why did you ask me that... RIGHT = I'm talking. (sit and stare)
WRONG = because I really need to know since I've been thinking about this for a while.. the

FIRST one conveys that you won't qualify yourself to her)

18) TAKING TOO MANY SENTENCES TO STATE AN IDEA THAT COULD BE STATED IN LESS

SPACE = qualifying yourself. Commander Zap emails me a few months ago: "Remember TD,

don't write what you can say, don't say what you can wink, don't wink what you can smile"

TIGHT. The shorter you can explain something in, the more PROFOUND you'll appear. Why?

You're not qualifying yourself. (ironically I'm massively guilty of this, due to the fact that I

post when I'm really tired - see #21 to spot what was wrong with this last sentence)

19) BEING BOLD INSTEAD OF CONFIDENT = that you know that you can't pick her up, so you

compensate with self-defeating actions so that the snub can be on "your terms". Saying "I'm

sexy right?" or "baby I want some of that" or even just approaching when the logistics are

totally unrealistic is too eager, because a CONFIDENT person wouldn't feel the NEED to say

these kinds of things.. these things are symptoms of OVERCOMPENSATION for

INSECURITIES.. which leads to..........

20) OVERCOMPENSATING INSECURITIES = fear of not being accepted. Have you ever met a

janitor who the first thing he says is "money is over-rated.. I would never get caught up in the

corporate world" blah blah.. if they'd have just said "I'm a janitor" and LEFT IT AT THAT we

wouldn't have even THOUGHT that anything was wrong with it.. but because they INSTANTLY

start overcompensating, it comes off as overcompensating or qualifying. Same with if they

BRING IT UP TOO EARLY. Like "hey, I'm Steve.. I'm a janitor and I love it".. They're TRYING

to be cocky but it comes off as COMPENSATING. BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOURSELF. If you're

BALD, don't say "would you love a bald man?" as a pickup line. It's not COCKY.... its BOLD. If

you're bad looking, don't say "don't you think I'm sexy". Just be comfortable with yourself,

and don't bring up the issue at all.

21) OVERCOMPENSATING FAILURE OR SHORTCOMINGS = fear of being judged.. if you do

poorly on a presentation, or on a sarge in front of a wingman, or on a test, DO NOT SAY DUMB

SHIT LIKE "I'm really tired". EVEN IF you're ACTUALLY really tired, the mere act of saying "I'm

tired" comes off as QUALIFYING yourself to the person. Just don't bring it up. If you have

shitty clothes on, don't say "I have nicer clothes at home." Just don't bring it up. If you meet a

girl when you're dressed bad, don't say "I have the coolest club clothes at home" Just don't

bring it up.
22) GOING BACKWARDS IN THE PICKUP ON HER SCHEDULE = too eager to lay her.. if you've

already GONE THROUGH the whole "let's ballbust and shit test eachother" attraction phase of

the pickup, and you're now in RAPPORT -> if she tries to ballbust you at this point then just

WITHDRAW ATTENTION. DO NOT BALLBUST BACK. It seems COUNTER INTUITIVE, but once

you've gone through that whole little attract phase, and you're now being nice to eachother in

rapport, DO NOT let her rewind the sarge by answering her ballbusting with ballbusts of your

own. Just withdraw attention, to show that you're not interested in going BACKWARDS in a

sarge.

23) WAITING FOR HER IF SHE LEAVES FOR ANY REASON (LIKE SAYS "I'M GOING TO THE

WASHROOM, WAIT HERE) = too eager and into the convo.. if she goes to the washroom,

make sure you're into another set by the time she gets back.

24) OVERLY REMEMBERING DETAILS ABOUT PAST CONVOS = convo means too much to you,

because the person has unusual value to you (ie: a hot chick). Of course, I'm not advocating

to be a total dick, but the general rule of thumb is that if you wouldn't have remembered a

FAT CHICK or a GUY saying it, then don't remember the HB9 chick saying it. If some random

dude said it and you would have remembered, then FINE. If you were in an unusually intimate

convo that's also fine. But otherwise FAKE forgetting, even if she's a model and you remember

every word. Even forget her name. If you see a random chick from your class or work, but you

never talked to her, OPEN LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW HER. Don't give into the temptation to say

"we work together". Just open like a random chick, and maybe if you get snubbed then pull

out that card to save face, but only as a LAST RESORT.

25) OFFERING TOO MUCH ABOUT YOURSELF TOO *EARLY* = too eager to make them like

you.. subcategories of this are:

A) Verbally: if you say to a chick "yeah, I just got back from NYC (or any cool place that would

impress)" or "yeah, I just got my Rolex fixed", or "yeah, my stripper ex-girlfriend told me..."

then she PICKS UP on the fact that you're trying too hard to impress her.. Same with NAME

DROPPING.. DON'T GIVE GIRLS YOUR RESUME TOO EARLY.. Personality conveying routines

should convey personality COVERTLY, so it looks like the story is just SO COOL that its WORTH

TELLING on its own accord, and it just HAPPENS to have some good things about you in it.

When offering good things about yourself, don't offer boring details. Say it with less detail, and
it seems less eager. INSINUATE THAT WHICH YOU ARE TEMPTED TO ELICIDATE (holy shit, I

just made up that last catchy sentence, but I've gotta say that I'm the shit.. right?)

B) Entertaining: If you have stuff like patterns, or the CUBE, or magic, or photos, or

palmreading, and you do this EARLY, it comes off as TRY-HARD. Personally I don't use any of

these things, but alot of guys do, and when they bust them out prior to the chick EARNING it,

it comes off TRY-HARD. Use the stuff LATER, but not right away.

C) Wanting rapport with someone who didn't earn it: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT??? I

swear to god, almost *EVERY* PUA I meet live in field does this shit, and its SUPER LAME.

Going up to a chick and saying "nice necklace" or "what's your name" or "where did you get

that?" is FUCKING DORK SUPER LAME. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE ABOUT THIS STUFF

FROM A R-A-N-D-O-M PERSON????? The counter argument to this is that you're not hiding

your desires blah blah blah she's a hot girl and she should be happy that you're approaching,

but this is INTERNET RHETORIC.. and this approach is STILL hiding your desires behind the

GUISE that you're nice, so even if the rhetoric was true, it would STILL be ineffective... In the

INTERNET ARMCHAIR GAME this stuff is FINE, but in the REAL FIELD GAME this shit screws

you over before you've even started gaming. It's fucking bullshit, and NOBODY who isn't very

goodlooking or socially proofed (or whatever high value) PRIOR to going in, can make this

kind of approach work consistently on HB8.5+ chicks. TRYING FOR RAPPORT TOO EARLY IS

QUALIFYING YOURSELF TO HER BECAUSE SHE HAS NOT EARNED IT.

D) Talking without feedback: When you're talking to someone, and they don't give feedback,

and you're talking and talking, you BETA YOURSELF. It's a DOWNWARD SPIRAL, where you

start talking TOO MUCH, and you SENSE that you're qualifying yourself, so you

overcompensate EVEN MORE by TALKING and TALKING more and more.. Then you feel more

and more beta'ed because you qualified yourself, and you're left treading water, grabbing at

ANYTHING that will impress the person, so you keep talking in hopes of saying that one thing

that will impress them. AVOID this by not talking too much unless THEY give some feedback.

IN THE FIELD you do this by PAUSING and FORCING them to fill in the awkward gaps.

Average Rating: 4.70 [Total Votes: 28]


100% AMOG DESTROYER

The easy way to handle any alpha is to be polite to him, but act disinterested by his

rap/accomplishments using tonality/body language (without coming off as


patronizing/sarcastic) while simultaneously being charming to others around you. This will

drop his perceived value and cause him to qualify himself to try and raise it back up. He can't

fight you or do shit like that, and he can't move to insults, because you've been polite and in

doing so he would be making himself look VERY BAD. The only tactic vs this is to walk away. If

you reward him just enough to encourage further qualifying but not enough to make him feel

validated again he will fall into line as beta in relation to you. I blow out rich men in power

outfits, top ranking professors in schools, 300lb bouncers, police officers and gangers ALL THE

TIME. This shit works - if you do it right they will work VERY HARD to be your friend.

Ultra quick and effective AMOG destroyer

This is just like the JAP Busting stuff, where you say "you're cool", as a way of tricking him to

qualify himself to you.

He's stuck, because if he DOES do well, he's qualified himself to you. If he doesn't, he's failed

to. The only answer he would have would be to say back to you "hey now, you're cool.. I

didn't mean to step on your toes man.. You're a smart guy, keep talking to her and I'll watch

and learn man!"..

Of course to that, you could reply, "You just met me and you already say I'm smart and cool?

hahah"

More AMOG destroyer

AMOG: How do you guys know eachother?

PUA: Her? I fucked her.

(Girl will go "aaaaaaaaah... hahahahah, I did NOT!!! But she'll hit you and be giggling and

start crawling all over you...).

AMOG: Hey, this is a nice girl.

PUA: Her.. she's a slut..

(Again, girl will start going "nooooo!" while giggling her ass off and crawling on you.. this is

very deflating to the guy trying to cut in)

AMOG: Hey girls whats up (or whatever)

PUA: Hey dude dude (putting hands up like you give up).. I will pay you a HUNDRED dollars

right now, to take these girls away from me.


(Girls will go "no no no... we love you PUA.. noooooo" and giggle and crawl on you.. Again,

immediately deflating to the guy)

AMOG: Hey girls what's up (or whatever)

PUA: Dude, OMG that shirt is AWESOME.. I had one just like it in highschool, it fucking rocks

man.. Having a good time in London man.. It's awesome huh? Dude you're like the coolest

guy I met all night.. (patting him on the shoulder)..

AMOG: (showing signs that he wants to fight)

PUA: hahah, dude, are you like trying to pick a fight with me? hahahha.. ok ok hold up hold

up.. wait a sec, we'll do even better.. first... we'll have an armwrestling competition.. then

second.. we'll do one armed pushups.. and last..... POSE-DOWN!!

(then you start flexing and go "ladies?", and they start saying how you're so strong, and the

AMOG looks like a tool.. you're tooling him, by making him seem like he's trying too hard to

impress the girls by showing them superiority).

AMOG: Hey man.. keep talking.. no no, let's hear your pitch man.. pick these girls up man,

you're doing awesome.

PUA: Hey, you know I've gotta try to impress you COOL (x-city, x-dressed, x-whateverquality)

guys.. You guys fucking ROCK.

(cut him down on whatever limited amount of knowledge you have of him, even if its not

relevant whatsoever, he'll feel uncomfortable and his bodylanguage will show it)

AMOG: (starts touching you to show dominance)

PUA: hahhaha, DUUUUDE, I'm not into guys man... dude, there's club-gay-whatever over

there man.. hands off the merchandise buddy

(girls laugh at him, then he starts qualifying himself to you that he's not gay)

AMOG: (gets in your face)

PUA: (don't answer.. just SIT there quiet.. the more he says stuff to you, the more he's

TRYING.. talking too long without an answer is QUALIFYING yourself.. so if he keeps trying to

out-alpha you, and you don't answer, eventually he looks beta because he tried too hard to

get your attention.. another trick is to make "let's get out of here" girlcode with your eyes to

the girls (mimmick what they do to eachother when you do a bad set), and they'll leave with

you)
AMOG: (gets in your face)

PUA: dude, you're an alphamale..

AMOG: what's that..

PUA: you know, like the leader of the pack.. you call the shots.. you can put your hands on

guys you don't know, cause you're alpha..

(fucks up his whole 'look cool' game, because you've characterized all his manneurisms, so

anything he does to look alpha makes him appear to be qualifying himself too you.. if he

continues, just say "see... alphamale.. whoa tiger, I can't mess")

PUA: dude, you're like Bart Simpson all grown up.. (for guys who pull the college-guy type out

alpha on you)

PUA: dude, you're like the Joan Rivers of the club.. I love all the little comments and shit.. (to

imply like he does nothing but sits on the sidelines making comments but doesn't take action,

so use this on guys who have that characteristic in the club venue)

PUA: That was really good man, you're like a comedian.

OR, if the dude is out-alpha'ing you, keep going until he's TOO into it, and then let him do a

bunch of condescending shit on you in a row. Look at the girls like you're bored or sad, and

because he's talking TOO MUCH he's therefore qualifying himself to you and losing. Then say

to the girls "he's playing the condescention game.. I already won so I stopped now.. who do

you guys think won, me or him?" (key is that you looked SAD so the girls start going "awww,

he's so sweet", so they'll say you won because they love you now)

For super aggressive AMOGs who try to pick fights

AMOG: blah blah..

PUA: Dude, are you pissed that you're rolling with all guys?

AMOG: blah blah

PUA: dude, your all guy crew is so slick man.. where are your girls dude, what happened

tonight?

AMOG: let's go outside..

PUA: guy man, I'm with chicks right now.. I'M INTO CHICKS.. I can't get into this
experimental kinky shit with you right now, I have my hands full.. (misinterpreting that he

was trying to sleep with you, not fight you)

AMOG: blah blah..

PUA: dude, that shirt rocks.. Tommy Hilfiger.. awesome.. man, back in highschool I used to

have the one with like all these cool stripes on it.. it was awesome..

AMOG: fight blah blah..

PUA: guy man, these chicks just told me that they dig you like so bad.. you don't have to fight

to prove yourself to them.. they think you're an alphamale dude.. you don't need to try so

HARD man.. just BE REAL..

Once you get the guy to qualify himself to you in any way (like he tries to make friends),

rather than being nice, IMMEDIATELY cut him out of the circle. Just cut him out. You'll notice

trying to SHUT YOUR GAME DOWN by bombarding you with logical questions. They'll start

pummeling you with logical stuff, so that you have to answer him the girls fall out of state. For

me I found the solution was just to say "hey man, don't get all scientific on me.. we're here to

have fun.." and then immediately start gaming the girls again. btw, if I'm out with any of my

GFs at a club, and another guy hits on them, I use the same tactics on AMOGS to stop them.

When you cut him out of the circle, he'll either leave (too deflated), or he'll try to grab your

shoulder and say something like "don't turn your back on me". From there, the girls think he's

creepy, so you say "hey guys, this dude is creepy.. are you friends with this guy?? did YOU

bring this guy here?" The girls will say "no no no, we don't know him", and you say "OK, let's

get out of here", and put out your arms for them to grab.

Then walk away with the girls on your arms, and if you want (I do this alot) turn around and

have them both kiss you on the cheek and wave the AMOG goodbye.

Also, you can USE the AMOG's WORK for yourself. Like he lines 'em up, you knock 'em down.

This is something I do alot. I let a guy pick a girl up and increase her buying temperature,

then I go in and outalpha him, say he's creepy to the girls, and then remove them from him.

The girls are already aroused, so they are still in state based on what the AMOG did. I can do

this like maybe on 90% of sets I approach where a natural AMOG has gotten far with a girl. I

think a dude I know "Stephane" recently posted about this on Cliff's List regarding a sarge we
did.

Basically, I just make the friends of the girl who is getting gamed on by the AMOG like me.

Like, they want me, but they know they're not qualified but their friend is.

Then I say "Hey I want to meet your friend so much, but that touchy grabby lean in guy is all

over her.. is she just being nice, or does she really like guys who lean in and touch and do all

the 'whats your name' fake ungenuine stuff?"

The UGs are invariably like "no no, we hate guys like that.. that's why we love you so much

blah blah", and then you get the FRIENDS to literally REMOVE the hottie that you want from

the AMOG who is conveniently heating her up for you and saving you the hassle.

Most of the time, the AMOG feels immediately beta after such a line!

Hey AMOG, what's up? Are u ill today? You look sick!

Hey AMOG, you look/talk/act strange, do you take drugs?

Hey AMOG, your clothes are really strange!

Hey AMOG, i talked to some people here...

They don't like you, because you seem strange!

Hey you seem tired!