This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
The 21st century is believed to herald drastic changes. Which areas do you think will be influenced most by this wave of changes? 2. The fast paced lifestyle is unique to cities,the world over .What are the reasons for this inclination? 3. Discuss the merits and demerits of studying in a foreign university. 4. Telecommuting and flexible working hours are changing the concept of the conventional working atmosphere. Discuss and give your views. 5. In future natural resources such as coal and oil will be used up. How can we save on resources? What alternative sources of energy are available? 6. Tourism is flourishing everywhere. Discuss the pros and cons of this industry. 7. Popular hobbies and interests keep on changing. They are more a reflection of the current trends of what individuals really want to do at their leisure time. 8. Do you agree or disagree to the view that children leisure activities must entirely be educational? 9. Fathers and mothers have equally important roles to play in rearing up their children. What is your opinion about this view? 10. Many of the problems young people now experience like juvenile delinquency arise from the fact that many married women work and are not at home to look after their children. 11. Many young people get involved in serious relationships. Do you think that this trend is good in long run?
12. Women will play an increasingly important role in the work place in the future. This might disturb their family life. 13. A large proportion of the country’s health budget should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. 14. Since technology is applicable in every field, traditional skills need not to be revived. 15. The mass media have a great influence in shaping people’s views and concepts. Do you agree to the statement? Substantiate your view with examples. 16. Greater use of public transport reduces congestion and pollution. Discuss. 17. Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? 18. What are the problems faced by the disabled today? 19. What are the problems faced by the old people in your society? 20. What responsibility does society have towards children? 21. Feminism is gaining ground in India. Is it better or the worse? 22. Describe the major cultural and traditional values prevalent in Indian society. 23. How relevant is charity in this age of individualism and profit oriented life? 24. The education system is undergoing changes everywhere. What changes do you propose to the education system in your country? 25. Traffic congestion in our cities is on our rise. What reasons can we attribute to it, and what preventive measures can be taken to mitigate this problem?
26. Should governments spend money on art, when they have so many other important issues and concerns? 27. In the fight against crime, police forces and governments are increasingly using security cameras in public places. Some people are opposed to this, saying that it invades our privacy. What do you think? 28. Do the media treat famous people unfairly? Is the publicity about their private lives the price VIP’s must pay for fame? 29. Should animals be used for testing new drugs and procedures? 30. As computers are being used more and more in education ,there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom 31. Improvements in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas 32. Some say that the internet is making the world smaller by bringing people together. To what extent do you agree that the internet is making it easier for people to communicate with one another. 33. The student who study from the school to university get benefit less and contribute less too, than those of the student who go to travel or job and get skills and experience before going high. Do you agree or disagree? 34. With all the troubles in the world today, money spent on space exploration is a complete waste. The money could be better spent on other things. 35. Some people believe that internet access create problems. Discuss.
36. In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior, in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they want. To what extent should children have to follow rules? 37. Advertising is all around us; it is an unavoidable part of everyone’s life. Some people say that advertising is a positive part of our lives while others say it is negative. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Give reason to your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or your experience. You should write at least 250 words. 38. “Without Capital punishment (the dead penalty) our lives are less secure and crime of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society.” To what extent do you agree or disagree? 39. Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual countries. In other words, it is an international problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 40. In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some regard this as completely wrong while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion on this? 41. Many people believe that the next world war will happen as a result of conflicts over water. Is this fear justified? Give reasons for your answer. 42. Success is more often than not elusive. What factors help to make an individual successful? 43. Some people think that it would be better if there were only one language in the world. Others are of the opinion that if this occurred it would it would cause more problems than it solved. Discuss that might arise
if, in fact, there were only one language in the world and give your opinion. 44. Some people believe that the influence that television exerts over society is largely detrimental and are calling for it to be more strictly controlled. Should television be more tightly controlled to protect society and, if so, how? Or should it have even fewer restrictions placed on it? 45. Noise Pollution is most certainly increasing at an alarming rate in many industrialized countries. In what ways can this problem be overcome? 46. People generally believe that knowledge is power, but rather it is the ability to manipulate knowledge not knowledge itself, which bestows power. How far do you Agree? 47. Prisons are basically universities of crime, fostering the kind of behavior they aim to eradicate. In what ways can prisons help criminals to function normally when they return to society? Do you think such attempts at rehabilitating criminals are effective? 48. In recent years life has become more stressful than it has ever been .As a consequence, more and more people are suffering from stress related problems. What factors are contributing to this increase and what do you think can be done to overcome the current problems? 49. Some people think that information should be obtained from the written book; other thinks that it should be obtained from TV and internet. Discuss both of the views. Which do you agree with? 50. A growing number of people feel animals should have the same rights as humans. Others feel that humans must always came first and accuse animal rights activists of being overly sentimental. How far do you agree or disagree?
51. Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extent you agree or disagree? 52. A jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendants past record. Some lawyers have suggested it changed and a jury should be given all past facts before reach a decision. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons. 53. “Professional sportsmen and women give millions of people a great deal of pleasure and fully deserve the extremely high salaries they earn.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? 54. Some people believe they should keep all the money they earned and should not pay tax to the state. Do you agree or disagree? 55. Some people think that information should best be obtained from the written book; other thinks that it should best be obtained from TV and the internet. Discuss both of the views. Which do you agree with?
Favorites 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Place Food/Diet Cloth Ornament Actor/Actress T.V. artist Movie
8. T.V. serial/Channel 9. Singer 10.Song 11.Subject 12.Book 13.Friend 14.Relative 15.Child 16.Teacher 17.City 18.Country 19.Color 20.Building 21.Hotel/Resort 22.Old person 23.Instrument 24.Equipment 25.Gadget(technical) 26.Shop 27.Vehicle 28.Sport/Game 29.Animal 30.Home Q CARD QUESTIONS
1. Importance of education and comp education. 2. Importance of book and favorite book. 3. Importance of music. 4. Importance of movie n favorite movie. 5. Fad. TV. Serial. 6. Tour and Travels 7. Means of transport and fav. vehicle. 8. Importance of sports n ur fav. Game. 9. Memorable place and event. 10. Your first day in your school. 11. Hostel life. 12. Your fav. Colour. 13. Imp. Of museum. 14. Visit of historical place/building. 15. Your fav. Room in your house. 16. About your best friend.
17. Your ideal person. 18. Fast food and fav. Food. 19. About fashion. 20. About your qualities. 21. Joining a club. 22. Any marriage party you have attended. 23. Imp. Of media. 24. Photography(your fav photograph) 25. Your relation to your neighbors. 26. Means of communication. 27. A gift.(you received, gift) 28. Resent website visited. 29. Any social activity. 30. Any adventures person. 31. Your fav. River. 32. Resent advertisement to have seen. 33. Describe any traditional folk dance 34. Describe any public and cultural event. 35. Describe any funny/comic situation. 36. Describe your home town. 37. About your fav. Resturant. 38. Describe any incident when you helped somebody. 39. Your fav. TV artist. 40. Any piece of art and antique. 41. Globalization 42. Any famous person u admires. 43. Any place which is special to u. 44. Your fav. Furniture. 45. Method of relaxation. 46. Imp. Of walk & exercise. 47. Any art gallery u visited 48. About clothes,your fav dress 49. Your fav. Shop. 50. Your lucky number. 51. About technology. 52. Any toy u like most. 53. Any childhood character. 54. Time management. 55. Any skill u have learn successfully. 56. Describe a thing u lost. 57. Imp of Nature(any object u like most) 58. Animal or birds communication. 59. Art or museum gallery. 60. Environmental problem for your locality or society complex. 61. Describe any thing u did while taking any initiative. 62. Describe a piece of equipment you often use at home or at work.
63. Describe a well known person. 64. Describe a friend in your school time you like most. 65. Describe a kind of extreme weather. 66. Describe the way of getting news. 67. Describe an important letter you received. 68. Describe an advertisement you have seen. 69. Describe a children’s game(sports not suggested) 70. Describe any incidence when you received any advice.