This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 1 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/CUVÂNT INAINTE
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 1
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA - VERBUL
Asist uni. Georgeta Obilisteanu Lect.univ. Marioara Patesan 1. CUVÂNT INAINTE 2. LECTIA I - TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV 3. LECTIA II - CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR 4. LECTIA III - MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRAZELE CONDITIONALE 5. LECTIA IV - VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRECTA 6. LECTIA V - DIATEZA PASIVA 7. LECTIA VI - VERBELE MODALE 8. LECTIA VII - MODUL SUBJONCTIV 9. LECTIA VIII - MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI CONSTRUCTIILE VERBALE 10. LECTIA IX - CHEIA EXERCITIILOR 10.1 Timpurile modului 10.2. Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor 10.3. Exercitii cu fraze conditionale 10.4. Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si indirecta 10.5. Exercitii cu diateza pasiva 10.6. Exercitii cu verbe modale 10.7. Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv 10.8. Exercitii cu constructii verbale 11. LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE
Verbul constituie coloana vertebrala a unei limbi. Cartea „Curs practic de limba engleza – verbul" (cu exercitii si cheie) cuprinde o parte teoretica – prezentarea clara si sistematica a modurilor, timpurilor, concordantei timpurilor, verbelor modale si a altor probleme legate de verbul englez (cu exemple si traducere), precum si o parte practica cu exercitii la fiecare capitol si la sfârsitul cartii au fost incluse cheia exercitiilor si lista verbelor neregulate intâlnite in cadrul exemplelor si exercitiilor. Prezentarea teoretica a problemelor este facuta in limba româna. Cursul se adreseaza studentilor incepatori si intermediari din anii I si II de studiu, precum si cursantilor adulti, cu conditia ca acestia sa aiba cunostinte anterioare, chiar sumare, de limba engleza.
1 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 1 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 2 of 18
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Negativ I am not working. You are not (aren’t) working. He/she/it is not (isn’t) working. We are not (aren’t) working. You are not (aren’t) working. They are not (aren’t) working. Interogativ Am I working? Are we working? Are you working? Are you working? Is he/she/it working? Are they working? Present Tense Simple se foloseste pentru a arata o actiune in plina desfasurare in momentul prezent. Ex. Where are you going? I am going to school. De asemenea poate arata o actiune care se desfasoara pe timp limitat in perioada prezenta. Ex.: I go to school by bus this week. My father is taking me in his car. Uneori se poate folosi timpul Present Tense Continuous cu adverbul always, pentru a arata o actiune repetata. In acest caz, exista o conotatie afectiva (nemultumire) sau actiunea respectiva este caracteristica pentru acea persoana. Ex. You are always losing your things. You are always grumbling when I ask you to help me in the kitchen. Exercitii cu Present Simple si Present Continuous 1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii (Present Simple) la interogativ si negativ: Nota: Verbul „to have", atunci când nu inseamna „a avea, a poseda", ci este parte dintr-o expresie (to have breakfast, to have a shower, to have a party), formeaza negativul si interogativul cu ajutorul auxiliarului „to do". I love my brother. She talks too much. I understand you. You play the piano very well. I always believe you. He remembers my phone number. They live in Bucharest. He has a hot bath every day. I trust my friend. I have lunch at one o’clock.
LECTIA I TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV Exista doua aspecte in limba engleza: simplu si continuu. In general, timpurile simple se folosesc atunci când accentul se pune pe actiunea propriu-zisa, iar timpurile continue se folosesc atunci când accentul se pune pe durata actiunii, pe perioada de timp in care aceasta are loc. In explicarea intrebuintarii timpurilor continue se va intâlni formularea „actiune in plina desfasurare". Aceasta inseamna ca actiunea a inceput inainte de momentul la care se face referire si va continua dupa acel moment. Exista un numar de verbe in limba engleza care nu se folosesc la forma continua, deoarece ideea de durata e inclusa in continutul lor semantic. Ex. to want, to like, to dislike, to understand, to owe, to matter, to love, to hate, to belong, to believe, to remember, to know. A. Present Tense Simple Afirmativ Negativ I work I do not (don’t) work You work You do not (don’t) work He/she/it works He/she/it does not (doesn’t) work We work We do not (don’t) work You work You do not (don’t) work They work They do not (don’t) work Interogativ Do I work? Do we work? Do you work? Do you work? Does he/she/it work? Do they work? Present Tense Simple se foloseste pentru a arata o actiune regulata, obisnuita, in perioada prezenta. Ex. What do you do? (Cu ce te ocupi?) I am a student. What time do you usually have breakfast? Present Tense Continuous Se conjuga verbul „to be" la timpul prezent si se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. Afirmativ I am working We are working. You are working You are working He/she/it is working They are working
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
2. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii (Present Continuous) la negativ si interogativ:
2 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 3 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 4 of 18 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. It is raining. I am having a walk. He is telling the truth. You are typing a letter. They are swimming in the river. My friend is wearing a new dress. My mother is resting. We are studying English. Ann is knitting. The child is learning to play the piano.
I (think) of my mother just now. 7. You (know) what time is it? 4. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. Iarna ninge. Duminica el nu se scoala devreme. Eu nu studiez seara. Ce faci? Citesti sau privesti la televizor? Secretara tocmai bate la masina un referat. Ea merge la cumparaturi sâmbata. Acum imi fac temele la engleza. Nu-mi place cafeaua. Ce carte citesti? La ce ora se scoala John dimineata? Ce faci tu in zilele libere? Cui ii telefonezi? El nu merge la scoala cu metroul, merge pe jos. De ce deschizi fereastra? Adesea citesc carti englezesti. Ea isi face bagajul. Cât de des le scrii parintilor tai? Când merg la mare imi place sa inot mult. Clientul tocmai isi alege o pereche de pantofi. B. Past Tense Simple Past Tense Simple se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei – ed in cazul verbelor regulate. Ex. to work – worked Daca verbul este neregulat, Past Tense trebuie invatat din tabelul de verbe neregulate care indica cele trei forme de baza ale verbului: forma I – infinitiv, forma II- Paste Tense, forma III – participiul trecut. Ex. to speak – spoke – spoken Afirmativ
3. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Present Simple sau la Present Continuous: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. I (not go) shopping because it (rain). What you (do) on Sundays? He usually (drink) coffee but now he (drink) tea. In England it often (rain). I (not like) that boy. He usually (speak) so quickly that I (not understand) him. You (like) this book? You (dream) at night?
Yes, I (dream) every night. 1. I can’t answer the phone now because I (cook). 2. How you usually (get) to work? I usually (go) by bus, but now I (take) a taxi because I am late. 1. The manager can’t receive you now as he (have) an interview. 2. You (write) to John now? Yes, I (be). I always (write) to him on his birthday. 1. Where you (hurry)? To the theatre, as I (not want) to miss the first act. 1. She always (borrow) books from me and never (remember) to give them back. 2. You (go) to work every day? Yes, of course, except Saturdays and Sundays. 3. Why you (smoke) so much? 4. Who you (wait) for? I (wait) for John, but he is late, as usual. 5. I always (have) a rest after lunch. 6. What you (think) of?
worked I/you/he/she/it/we/they spoke Negativ work I/you/he/she/it/we/they did not speak
3 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 5 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 6 of 18 Interogativ work? Did I/you/he/she/it/we/they speak? Forma prescurtata a lui did not este didn’t (I didn’t work). Past Tense Simple arata o actiune trecuta, terminata, efectuata intr-o perioada de timp trecuta, terminata. Este timpul de naratiune. Se traduce, de obicei, cu perfectul compus. Ex. Yesterday I went for a walk. (Ieri am mers al plimbare.) Last year I travelled to England. (Anul trecut am calatorit in Anglia.) Past Tense Continuous Se formeaza prin conjugarea verbului „to be" la trecut (Past Tense) si adaugarea formei ing a verbului de conjugat. Afirmativ I was working We were working You were working You were working He/she/it was working They were working Negativ I was not working We were not working You were not working You were not working He/she/it was not working They were not working Formele prescurtate sunt: was not – wasn’t I wasn’t working. were not – weren’t They weren’t working. Interogativ Was I working? Were we working? Were you working? Were you working? Was he/she/it working? Were they working? Arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intr-un moment din trecut. Se traduce, de obicei, cu imperfectul. Ex. This time yesterday, I was watching TV. (Ieri pe vremea asta priveam la televizor.) Adesea, in aceeasi fraza, este posibil sa apara un verb folosit la Past Continuous si un verb folosit la Past Simple. In acest caz, verbul la Past Continuous (tradus cu imperfectul), reprezinta fundalul de timp pe care se petrece actiunea exprimata de Past Simple (tradus cu perfectul compus). Ex. While I was crossing the street, I met John. Este, de asemenea, posibil sa apara intr-o fraza timpul Past Continuous in mod repetat. In aceasta situatie, ambele verbe se traduc cu imperfectul, ele aratând actiuni paralele, in plina desfasurare, intr-un moment trecut. Ex. While John was reading, his sister was watching TV. (In timp ce John citea, sora lui privea la televizor.) Exercitii cu Past Tense Simple si Continuous 1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii la Past Tense Simple: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. I sleep until 9 o’clock every day. He meets John on Sundays. You speak English well. You drink too much. You ask too many questions. I play football. I own two umbrellas. I like to have a coffee in the morning. That sounds interesting. I always make cakes on Sundays.
1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii la negativ si interogativ: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. He thought about you. They drank all the wine. I hated him. He changed his library book every day. I sold my car. We worked very hard. He came home late. I enjoyed travelling. He translated the text. He forbade her to do this.
1. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Tense Simple sau Continuous: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. When you (come in), I talk on the phone. When I first (meet) him, he (work) in a bank. While he (learn) to drive, he (have) an accident. As I (write), someone (ring up). Where you (go) when I (meet) you? What you (do) this time yesterday? When I (enter) the classroom, the teacher (write) on the blackboard. When I (arrive), she (have) dinner. This time last Sunday, I (watch) a film on TV. He suddenly (realize) that he (not wear) his glasses.
1. Traduceti in limba engleza:
4 of 42
mi-am luat micul dejun si apoi am plecat la scola. Present Perfect Simple Timpul Present Perfect Simple se formeaza prin conjugarea verbului „to have" la prezent. Ieri pe vremea asta ploua. ever. 20.actrus. Page 8 of 18 1.) I have known John since 1990. this week. efectuata intr-o perioada de timp neterminata.. (Nu l-am vazut pe John din septembrie. 4. I have seen two films this week.) Trebuie precizat faptul ca. ora 2 p. Ce faceai martea trecuta la ora 7 dimineata? Ma pregateam sa merg la facultate. 21. (Il cunosc pe John din 1990. 14. 11. I haven’t got up early this morning. Page 7 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. daca aceasta este in cursul diminetii (pâna la ora 12) sau dupa amiaza. nu se poate folosi timpul Present Perfect. la care se adauga forma a treia (participiul trecut) a verbului de conjugat. Acum doua zile am cazut si mi-am rupt piciorul. 2. El arata o legatura intre trecut si momentul prezent. 13. folosirea lui este insotita de adverbe precum: today. 22. Duminica trecuta prietenii mei au jucat sah. Ex.m. 3. 5. I didn’t get up early this morning. Baietii jucau carti când l-au auzit pe tatal lor intrând in casa. just. In acest caz. 15.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA.) Daca adverbul de timp este „this morning".) I have known John for two years. nu mai poate fi folosit timpul Present Perfect. Unde ti-ai petrecut concediul vara trecuta? Ieri m-am sculat devreme. Saptamâna trecuta am fost bolnav si nu am mers la scoala. 17.actrus. C. I haven’t seen John for two months.html 5 of 42 12/15/04 . 19. Timpul Present Perfect Simple se foloseste in urmatoarele situatii: l l Ex. se foloseste Past Simple. I lost my umbrella yesterday. already. Cu acest sens se folosesc de obicei prepozitiile since (din. Se foloseste cu adverbe de timp neprecizat care leaga trecutul de prezent. (Am vazut doua filme saptamâna aceasta. (Il cunosc pe John de doi ani. 8. eu conduceam masina spre Sinaia. I must buy a new one. arata o actiune inceputa in trecut care continua pâna in prezent. care are rezultate in prezent sau care. Traducerea celor doua propozitii in limba româna este identica. Soarele nu a apus la ora 8 aseara. daca se pune o intrebate referitoare la trecut care incepe cu „when".) I haven’t seen John since September. El a dat primul examen saptamâna trecuta. M-am sculat târziu ieri dimineata.) l arata o actiune trecuta. Când te-ai intors de la munte? Când ai cumparat acest televizor? Ieri mi-am pierdut manusile. daca se mentioneaza momentul trecut in care a avut loc actiunea care intereseaza in prezent sau care are rezultate in prezent. Trebuie sa-mi cumpar una noua..ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 7. Ex. this month. 6. Interogativ Have I worked? Has he/she/it worked? Timpul Present Perfect este un timp de relatie. arata o actiune trecuta. intrucât „when" reprezinta un moment precizat in trecut. (Nu l-am vazut pe John de doua luni. (Mi-am pierdut umbrela. Have you seen Hamlet? (Ai vazut Hamlet?) I have lost my umbrella . always. 9.. Nu m-am sculat devreme azi dimineata. this year. folosirea timpului verbal este conditionata de momentul in care se face afirmatia.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. In acest caz. timp de).. seldom.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. De asemenea. dintr-un motiv sau altul. I must buy a new one. Ex. 10. Ei au ascuns imediat cartile si si-au scos manualele de scoala. 12. Batea un vânt puternic când am iesit din casa. 18. Adverbe de timp neprecizat care se aseaza intre auxiliar si verb: often. When did you see Hamlet? I saw it last week. ora 10 a.m. Ex. Timpul Present Perfect nu poate fi folosit cu un adverb de timp precizat in trecut. never. In timp ce imi cautam pasaportul am gasit aceasta fotografie veche. Ai dormit bine noaptea trecuta? Ieri nu am mers la bazinul de inot. Cine a câstigat meciul alaltaieri? In timp ce ploua. 16. terminata. intereseaza in prezent. http://quintet. Ex. incepând din) si for (de. Afirmativ I have worked We have worked You have worked You have worked He/she/it has worked They have worked Negativ I have not (haven’t) worked. He/she/it has not (hasn’t) worked.
I already (see) this film. thank you. 2. 3. Ex. When you (use) it last? 2. There isn’t any train service because the engine – drivers (go) on strike. 22.) De asemene. Interogativ Have I been working? Has he been working? Timpul Present Perfect Continuous arata o actiune in plina desfasurare.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 9. 11. (Nu l-am vazut in ultimul timp. 17. 16. 1. You (visit) the Village Museum? You ever (eat) caviar? I (not write) to my friend for three months. 1. 4. 6.. He hasn’t returned home yet. 7. Ex. You (read) Sorescu’s last book? You (pay) the telephone bill? He (not go) to bed yet. 7. 3. I just (have) one.) Dupa cum se poate observa. 9. 4. Yes. 12. 19. fie cu perfectul compus. 12/15/04 http://quintet. care continua in prezent. 10. I (do) a lot of work since I (get up) in the morning. 5. we shall have floods. The radio (play) since 7 a. 18. Folositi Present Perfect Simple in locul infinitivelor din paranteze: 1. 3. Adverbe de timp neprecizat care stau la sfârsitul propozitiei: lately. Ex. in functie de context. He has not (hasn’t) been working. cu accent pe durata. 6. I (lose) my pen. Page 9 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. (Ploua de trei ore. You (be) out of work long? 5. He (fish) for two hours but he (catch) nothing yet. Exercitii cu Present Perfect Simple si Continuous 1.m. Have you ever been to England? (Ai fost vreodata in Anglia?) No. 13. 2. I’m tired of it. I (try) last year but I (not succeed).actrus. You ever (drive) a car? He always (rely on) his friend.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. He (not come) home yet. I (get) a job last month. It (not rain) since December. 12. Daca nu se opreste in curând. 5. How many dishes you (cook)? Why you (be) in the garden so long? I (water) the flowers. If it doesn’t stop soon.) Ca si Present Perfect Simple. 6. You must come and see it. When are you going to do it? Ever since that woman came to work here. I am tired because I have been working all day. 8. I have often been to England. I (ask) you to clean your room for two days. yet (in propozitii negative). 4. timpul Present Perfect Simple se traduce in româneste fie cu prezentul. sa continue si in viitor. I (lend) him some money today. she (leave) for Brasov a week ago. Afirmativ I have been working We have been working You have been working You have been working He/she/it has been working They have been working Negativ I have not (haven’t) been working. 7. (Sunt obosit pentru ca am muncit toata ziua. How long you (live) here? I (live) here for one year. Present Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Present Perfect Simple al verbului „to be". I have never been to England. It has been raining for three hours. (El nu s-a intors inca acasa. 20.. I haven’t. 8. she (try) to make trouble. poate arata probabilitatea ca actiunea inceputa in trecut.html 6 of 42 . I (not be) to the seaside this year. I (buy) a new house. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. 21.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 11.) I haven’t seen him lately. Folositi Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau Past Tense Simple in locul infinitivelor: 1. Folositi Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous in locul infinitivelor din paranteze: 1.. How long you (wear) glasses? I (cook) all the morning. He (sleep) for 10 hours now. Would you like a cake? No. 10. She (change) a lot since I (see) her last. You (see) your mother this week? No.. I am not out of work now. vom avea inundatii. Page 10 of 18 Ex. Your ever (try) to give up smoking? Yes. intre un moment trecut si prezent. 8. 15.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. I (shop) all day and I want to have a rest now. You (water) the flowers? He just (leave) home. se poate traduce cu prezentul sau cu perfectul compus din limba româna. You (not see) it anywhere? No. It’s time we woke him up. Where you (be)? I (be) to the market. 14. I (wear) my hair long since I (be) a little girl. We (know) each other for several years.actrus.
The child (play) the piano since I (return) from school. Timpul Past Perfect Continuous arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intre doua momente trecute. 9. 25. Un copil a spart geamul. El a scris numai doua scrisori de când a plecat in strainatate.) Ca sens. echivalentul in limba româna al acestui timp este mai mult ca perfectul. Ai mai fost in acest oras? Da. 8. Afirmativ I had been working. (Când mi-ai telefonat. 2. am mers arareori pe jos la slujba. un verb de relatie. Ninge de doua ore. 3. 4. De cât timp inveti engleza? Vremea s-a incalzit in ultimul timp. 15. Past Perfect Simple Se formeaza cu verbul „to have" la Past Tense Simple. ea batea la masina de o ora. they drank some coffee. Ei lucreaza la aceasta casa de un an si nu au terminat-o inca. When he entered the room. Traduc un text de doua ore si nu l-am terminat inca. acest timp se poate traduce cu mai mult ca perfectul. Ex. La ce te-ai uitat? A fost un accident. Yesterday at 9 o’clock I had had breakfast..) After John had been watching TV for 10 minutes. Past Perfect Continuous poate prelua functiile lui Present Perfect Cotinuous in propozitia secundara. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Perfect Simple: 1. 24. 2. 7. Trebuie sa-l inlocuim. Ai vazut ziarul de azi? A plecat John? Da.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. D. la care se adauga forma III (past participle) a verbului de conjugat. Mergem pe jos de la ora 3. 21. 14. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. este vorba de o relatie intre doua momente trecute. Cu cine ai votat la ultimele alegeri? Nu am mers la vot. Afirmativ I had worked. 23. 18. 6. in acest caz. She said she already (be) to England. (Dupa ce John privise (a privit) la televizor 10 minute. perfectul compus sau imperfectul din limba româna. 16. De când mi-am cumparat masina. 10. (Când el a intrat in camera. 1. I had finished writing my homework. Exercitii cu Past Simple si Continuous 1. ca si Present Perfect.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. (El a spus ca ploua de trei zile. 10. Este. Am stat acasa si nu am regretat nici o clipa. Cine te-a invatat sa vorbesti engleza atât de bine? Unde ti-ai petrecut vacanta anul acesta? M-am gândit adesea sa-mi iau carnet de conducere. 17.) He said it had been raining for three days. he got bored. she had been typing for one hour. 19. dar. 22. am petrecut o luna aici. Ti-ai luat deja micul dejun? Da. After they (finish) dinner.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Interogativ Had I worked? Acest timp are aceeasi forma la toate persoanele. l-am luat la ora 8.) Dupa cum se observa. s-a plictisit. Past Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Past Perfect Simple al verbului „to be". Negativ I had not (hadn’t) worked. http://quintet. Se poate traduce cu mai mult ca perfectul sau perfectul compus.. a plecat acum o ora. Page 12 of 18 9. Interogativ Had I been working? Aceste forme se pastreaza la toate persoanele. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind Past Tense Simple sau Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous: 1..html 7 of 42 12/15/04 . 20. terminasem de scris temele.actrus. 13. El este ministru de doi ani. acum doi ani.. It (rain) since we (leave) Bucharest. (Ieri la ora 9 luasem micul dejun.actrus. 11. când in aceeasi fraza in propozitia principala se afla un verb la Past Tense. 5.) When you rang me up. Am mers pe jos 10 km pâna acum. Negativ I had not (hadn’t) been working. De asemenea. Arata o actiune trecuta care a avut loc inaintea unei alte actiuni sau a unui moment din trecut. 12. Ex. Page 11 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. 11. He (be) very ill since the holidays (begin).
se foloseste numai „shall". When she sat for the exam. la care se adauga infinitivul verbului de conjugat. 4. 6. We (shall) will be going. 10. El mi-a multumit pentru ceea ce facusem pentru el. Interogativ Shall I go? Shall we go? Will you go? Will you go? Will he/she/it/ go? Will they go? Trebuie remarcat faptul ca la interogativ persoana I. They will be going. When she decided to have a rest.. He/she/it will not be going. She discovered her child (not tell) the truth. 9. Afirmativ I (shall) will be going. After Jane (swim) for half an hour. will la persoana II si III. The river became deeper after it (rain) heavily for a few hours. http://quintet.actrus. 4. 10. When I arrived home. Puneti verbele din paranteza la Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau la Past Tense Simple: 1. He asked me whether I (meet) John before. 10. Page 14 of 18 3. When I left home. Acest timp arata o actiune viitoare obisnuita. 8. She just (go) out when I (call at) her house. 8.actrus. Afirmativ I (shall) will go We (shall) will go You will go You will go He/she/it will go They will go Negativ I (shall) will not go We (shall) will not go You will not go You will not go He/she/it will not go They will not go Forma scurta pentru „shall not" este shan’t. After John (leave). Se traduce cu viitorul din limba româna. (Il voi intâlni saptamâna viitoare. Page 13 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. I realized she (have) a party. When we reached the top. a inmânat-o profesorului. When we met them. The child (eat) all the cakes before his mother became aware of it. 5. You will not be going. she (clean) and (dust) for 5 hours. he (go) downstairs to have dinner. 9. Ei mi-au spus ca locuiau in Franta din 1980. Nu ti-am telefonat pentru ca am crezut ca plecasesi in strainatate. iar pentru „will not" este won’t. We (shall) will not be going. mother (cook) for two hours. 1. The professor (speak) for 10 minutes when I (enter) the hall. Ex. 8. 6. You will be going. After John (listen to) the news bulletin. 4. 2. she felt chilly. 8. You will be going. she (tell) me they (be) friends for five years. 1. We were shocked to hear she (not pass) the exam. 10. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Perfect Continuous: 1. We (ask) him what countries he (visit). 9. am mers la culcare. 7.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. After we (walked) for an hour. 5. 6. At 3 o’clock on Friday. When I called on her unexpectedly. I (shall) will meet him next week. it (rain) for one hour. When I (find out) he (get married). la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. 12/15/04 http://quintet. 2. He/she/it will be going. we (realize) we (lose) our way. Când am ajuns la statia de autobuz. 6. I (ring up) him and (congratulate) him. 3. 7. He (learn) English for two years before he (go) to England for the first time. 4. mi-am dat seama ca imi lasasem poseta acasa. Future Tense Simple Se formeaza cu shall sau will la persoana I. we (climb) for 7 hours. The fire (spread) to the next building when the firemen arrived. she (write) letters for one hour. Ei au calatorit in multe tari dupa ce s-au casatorit.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1.. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau Past Tense Simple: 1. El nu facuse nimic inainte de a-mi cere mie sfatul. When we arrived at Sinaia.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1.html 12/15/04 1. I (return) from school. 2.html 8 of 42 .. 5. When I rang her up. Secretara mi-a spus ca directorul vorbea la telefon de o jumatate de ora. Mi-a parut rau ca il jignisem. The house was much smaller then he (think) at first. 3. 5. De indata ce au plecat musafirii. 7. she (study) the subject for a week.. Negativ I (shall) will not be going. E. 3. 9. 7. He told me he (catch) some fish on that day. somebody told us it (rain) for hours. they (wait) for the bus for half an hour. He (tell) me he (be) to the theatre the day before. De indata ce a terminat de scris lucrarea.) Future Continuous Se formeaza cu viitorul simplu al verbului „to be".
) Intrucât nu poate fi intâlnit decât in propozitii secundare (dupa un verb la timpul trecut in propozitia principala). Page 15 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. Ex. He said that at 3 o’clock. Future-in-the-Past Simple Se formeaza cu should (persoana I) sau would (toate persoanele). (Mâine la ora trei voi calatori spre Anglia.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. At three o’clock. atunci când in principala se afla un verb la trecut. I (shall) will have been going.) Alte mijloace de exprimare a viitorului http://quintet.html 9 of 42 12/15/04 . I should (would) be going. Future-in-the-Past Continuous Se formeaza cu Future-in-the-Past Simple al verbului „to be". When you come home.) Se traduce cu viitorul din limba româna. We (shall) will have gone. He/she/it will have gone. he would be travelling to England.. He/she/it will not have gone. I will have reached Predeal.. Afirmativ I (should) would go We (should) would go You would go You would go He/she/it would go They would go Negativ I (should) would not go We (should) would not go You would not go You would not go He/she/it would not go They would not go Forma scurta de la „should not" este shouldn’t. Ex.) Future Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Future Perfect al verbului „to be".actrus. iar cea de la „would not" este wouldn’t. nu se pune problema folosirii lui a interogativ decât in intrebari disjunctive. They will have gone.. la care se adauga infinitivul trecut al verbului de conjugat. You will have gone. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. You will not have gone. He said he would be late. By three o’clock tomorrow.actrus. I will be travelling to England.. va calatori spre Anglia. Page 16 of 18 You will not be going. Future Perfect Simple Se formeaza cu shall sau will.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. voi studia (voi fi studiat) de trei ore. Ex. You will not have gone. You will have gone. Se traduce cu timpul viitor anterior din limba româna. la care se adauga infinitivul verbului de conjugat. Negativ I (shall) will not have gone. Interogativ Shall I be going? Shall we be going? Will you be going? Will you be going? Will he/she/it be going? Will they be going? Acest timp arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intr-un moment viitor. Acest timp este folosit in concordanta timpurilor pentru a arata o actiune posterioara unui moment sau unei actiuni din trecut. (have + forma III). la care se adauga forma ing a verbului de conjugat. la ora 3. Arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intre doua momente viitoare. We (shall) will not have gone. (El a spus ca in ziua urmatoare. (Mâine pâna la ora trei voi fi ajuns la Predeal. Ex. I will have been studying for three hours. They will not be going. Este un timp rar folosit. Când vei veni tu acasa. Se traduce cu viitorul simplu sau cu viitorul anterior din limba româna. Ex. Interogativ Shall I have gone? Shall we have gone? Will you have gone? Will you have gone? Will he/she/it have gone? Will they have gone? Acest timp arata o actiune anterioara unei alte actiuni sau unui moment viitor. (El a spus ca va intârzia. Afirmativ I (shall) will have gone. They will not have gone.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. the next day. Este un timp sestul de rar folosit. Preia functiile lui Future Tense Continuous intr-o propozitie secundara.
3. 12. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Perfect Simple sau Continuous: 1. ea va fi terminat curatenia in casa. I (work) on this paper for a month. 3. 7. 7. 1. Tomorrow morning at 8 o’clock.) l Expresia „to be going to" + infinitiv. intre orele 12 si 1.actrus. She (watch) TV. El va studia in biblioteca luni de la ora 1 la 5. 4. In a week’s time. 5. I am sure you (like) this book. vor fi economisit 5 milioane. By the end of the month. 2. 6. Don’t ring her up at 8 o’clock p.. Ce faci mâine dimineata la ora 11? Voi vizita târgul international. Arata o intentie. I (swim) in the sea. 11. I (pay off) all my debts. 7.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Din cauza grevei soferilor de autobuze multa lume va merge pe jos la slujba. Next year. 10. Intr-un astfel de context. 8. Pâna la sfârsitul lunii. Uite ce am cumparat la o licitatie! E un obiect frumos. By the time you come home.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1..) It is going to rain. 3. 6.. This time next day. 5. He (be) pleased if you invite him.m. I am meeting John this morning.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. 2. Ex. Pâna la ora 1. The sun (rise) in 10 minutes. Ex. 9. you (see) all the exhibits in the museum. I (work) at the office till late at night. voi fi vazut acest film de 5 ori. I (know) the results in three days’ time. bine stabilit. Don’t expect me home for dinner. mâine. it probably (rain). (Voi citi/am de gând sa citesc aceasta carte. one hundred thousand people (spend) their holidays at the seaside. http://quintet. You (not find) a solution if you don’t know the whole truth. 10. 4. arata un program precis. ei vor avea ultima ora de engleza. This time next month. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind unul din tipurile de viitor: 1. I am going to read this book. 3. 2. 3. 9. When I take the exam. 9. You (need) the vacuum cleaner tomorrow or may I borrow it? I am sure when I arrive home.) l Present Continuous + adverb de timp viitor. 10. Page 17 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. Exercitii cu timpurile „Future" 1. 7. I (cook) for two hours. the baby (cry). You (be) in London tomorrow. 8. we (climb) the mountain. 10. (Plec/voi pleca la Londra mâine. 4. By the beginning of next week. I leave for London tomorrow.actrus. 8. You (remember) to post my letter? I hope I (pass) the exam. Page 18 of 18 l Present Simple + adverb de timp viitor. Trenul va fi plecat inainte de a ajunge noi la gara.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Unde il vei pune? Ex. I (finish) reading the newspapers by lunch time. 6. Arata de asemenea o intentie sau o probabilitate. Am cumparat o masina de scris si voi invata sa bat. 5. Let’s hurry to the beach.. they (be married) for 25 years. the sun (rise) before we reach the beach. I am sure I (succeed). 8. If we don’t hurry. By 5 o’clock. 4. You (recognize) him when you see him? I (remember) this day all my life. 2. un aranjament prealabil pentru viitorul apropiat. Pâna anul viitor pe vremea aceasta. Vineri. 4. we (take) our exam. I (have) breakfast. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Simple: 1. 9.html 10 of 42 12/15/04 . 5. 6. (Il intâlnesc/il voi intâlni pe John in dimineata aceasta. I (read) all the books on the bibliography list. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Continuous: 1. He (study) all day tomorrow. When you reach Sinaia. By the end of the season.
) Exceptii de la concordanta timpurilor 1. Future – actiune simultana – Present 2. se poate folosi Past Perfect in mod repetat. Profesorul le-a spus elevilor ca apa fierbe la 100 oC.) She promised her mother she would help her.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2.) 1. Present Perfect Simple. Nota: In limba engleza contemporana. cu exceptia propozitii temporale sau conditionale. de exemplu.actrus. Ex.) Nota 1: Daca intr-o fraza exista doua propozitii secundara cu actiunea anterioara celei din principala. Anul trecut am muncit mai mult decât anul acesta. (Voi merge in Anglia dupa ce voi obtine viza. (El a spus ca este bolnav. Past Perfect Continuous Propozitia secundara Orice alt timp „past" Ex.html 11 of 42 .) He said he would buy a car if he had money. The book I am reading now was given to me by my brother. Ce inseamna „un timp adecvat" se va vedea in continuare. un timp „past" Past Tense Simple. (El a spus ca se intorsese acasa cu o saptamâna inainte. Past Perfect Simple. Ex. Ex.) c) Past Tense – actiunea posterioara – Future-in-the-Past He said he would leave the next day. o formulare 12/15/04 http://quintet. un timp „future" Teoretic se poate folosi orice timp cerut de sens. Propozitia principala 1. (Voi citi aceasta carte când voi avea timp. desigur. ci in fraze.) b. (Ea i-a promis mamei sale ca o va ajuta. (Ea a spus ca uitase unde si-a pus ochelarii. Când propozitia secundara este comparativa. (El a spus ca va veni sa ma vada când va avea timp. (Voi fi terminat de studiat când vei veni tu acasa.) b) Past Tense – actiune anterioara – Past Perfect He said he had returned home a week before. Future-in-the-Past se poate folosi numai o singura data. Ea consta in aceea ca folosirea unui anumit timp in propozitia principala obliga la folosirea unui timp adecvat in propozitia secundara. Cartea pe care o citesc acum mi-a fost data de fratele meu. care nu pot include un verb la viitor. dupa care (in temporala sau conditionala) se intrebuinteaza Past Tense (pentru simultaneitate) sau Past Perfect (pentru anterioritate). (El a spus ca va veni sa ma vada dupa ce va termina lucrul. se poate observa uneori o oarecare tendinta de a nu se respecta concordanta timpurilor atunci când verbul din propozitia principala este la trecut.) I arrived home after it had stopped raining.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. She said she had forgotten where she had put her glasses. Future – actiune anterioara – Present Perfect I will go to England after I have received a visa.actrus. Ex. (El a spus ca va pleca a doua zi. Present Tense Continuous.) He said he would come to see me after he had finished work. când propozitia secundara este atributiva. a) Past Tense – actiune simultana – Past Tense He said he was ill.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Page 2 of 5 LECTIA II CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Concordanta timpurilor se aplica. când propozitia secundara exprima un adevar general valabil.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. dintre care una este temporala sau conditionala. (El a spus ca merge la scola. Situatiile cel mai des intâlnite sunt urmatoarele: a. un timp „present" Present Tense Simple.) Nota 2: Daca intr-o fraza exista doua propozitii secundare cu I will read this book when I have time. Past Tense Continuous. Last year I worked more than I have done this year. He said he would come to see me when he had time. nu in propozitii. 2. The teacher told the pupils water boils at 100 oC. Ex. Present Perfect Continuous Orice timp cerut de sens Propozitia secundara Propozitia principala actiune posterioara celei din principala. (Am ajuns acasa dupa ce incetase ploaia.) I will have finished studying when you come home. Se poate intâlni. 3.) He said he was going to school. (El a spus ca va cumpara o masina daca va avea bani.
I will go on playing the piano till he (tell) me to stop. 2. 17. they said they (listen to) music since 5 o’clock. By the time you (finish) translating the text. not before. Your mother will be upset when she (notice) you (break) the vase. 1. 7. 9. 3. She told me his name after he (leave). 13. As soon as the holidays (begin). I shall have typed all the letters. He realized he (not remember) John’s phone number. 5. 3. 4. He was sure he (pass) the exam and he promised he (give) a party afterwards. they will have been married for five years. I thought you soon (have) a holiday.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR de tipul: „He said he loves me". You will get a shock when you (see) the mess in that room. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. It is said that one Englishman will not speak to another before they (be) introduced. We all believed he (win) the competition. When we (go) to see them last night. tinând seama de exceptiile de la concordanta timpurilor: 1. 4. 10. I didn’t think that book to be a nice birthday present for you because I (read) it and I (not enjoy) it. After he (repair) the car. When he finally reached London. sa ajunga regula. 6. Looking out of the window. Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor Page 3 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR 10. 7. he was tired because he (travel) for three days.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. they were listening to music. 19. 5. When I heard the main actor was ill. When I (finish) the book. 8. 20. I didn’t know at what temperature this metal (melt). precum si exceptiile: 1. 5. Pentru moment insa. tinând seama de relatia de anterioritate exprimata de verbul din propozitia principala sau din cea secundara: 1. 10. 4. 6. She didn’t even say thank you after all I (do) for her. 2. He believed the strike (end) very soon. 10. 6. 6. 2. I (not decide) yet. Last year you spoke English less fluently than you (do) now. I will come as soon as I (finish) my work. I was sue the performance (be cancelled). 8. 6. this beach will become very crowded. As wages had gone up. 3. 7. 1.html 12 of 42 . 12. too. I congratulated him. 18. 7. I will pay my debts after I (receive) my salary. având in vedere simultaneitatea actiunilor din propozitia principala si cea secundara: 1. You won’t be able to speak about this book till you (read) it. He will write to me after he (arrive) in England. He didn’t admit that he (steal) the book. 3. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Present Simple sau Present Perfect Simple: 1. Last night I (read) the book which you (read) now. He hoped he (finish) reading the book in two days. You will be surprised when you (see) how much she (change). 5. I wasn’t aware German (be) such a difficult language.actrus. 2. They didn’t know that I (play) football. 11. 9. I will do it when I (want) to. I hoped it (not rain) when I (arrive) at the beach. He asked me if I usually (read) that newspaper. 5. I will never forget what you just (tell ) me. Page 4 of 5 1. 16. 7. 4. The book I (read) in the last few days was lent to me by John. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect (Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous). 9. he will drive to Sinaia. 2. He told me hibernating animal (not eat) in winter. Last year I earned more money than I (earn) in the next five years. we supposed prices (go up). 2. 12/15/04 http://quintet. 3. After I (hear) the news. He was in a hurry because he (want) to catch the train. You will be surprised when you (see) how well she (look). It was clear they (talk) business again. After you (drink) a coffee. I will lend it to you. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future-in-the-Past. We shall start dinner as soon as the guests (arrive). 6. 8. In 1998. The train will have left before we (reach) the station. I was not sure I (remain) at home that evening. you will feel better. cu timpul. 8. I understood you (be) a painter. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. 4. After she (learn) to type. 15. sfatuim pe vorbitorii români de limba engleza sa respecte regulile de concordanta a timpurilor asa cum sunt prezentate mai sus. she saw the sun (shine) brightly. I believed you (be) at the seaside. 7. 3. Yesterday I bought a new umbrella because I (lose) my old one. 9. 8. the Romanians travelled less than they (do) this year. având in vedere faptul ca propozitia secundara exprima o actiune posterioara celei din principala: 1. 4. When it started to rain. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect (Past Tense Simple sau Continuous). 9. The teacher told the pupils what the capital of Mexico (be). the concert already (begin). we (dig) in the garden for an hour. 14. When you asked me where I (spend) my holidays. I was not sure if you (speak) English. He just (leave) home when he came across John. He promised he (drive) me home. 6. she will take a job as a secretary.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. When their first baby (be born).actrus. Este posibil ca ceea ce apare acum ca tendinta. respectând toate regulile de concordanta a timpurilor. 5. He told me he never (see) the sea. You didn’t tell me you (have to) type this report. Last night I met the couple who soon (move) next door to me. I will buy a car when I (have) enough money. I found out that yoga (be) a very useful practice. 10. 8.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. When I arrived. They (know) each other for a long time before they finally got married. They said they (remain) at the seaside for another week. 5. 1.
16. he decided he (change) his job. 18. He said he (have to) write down my address as he (not remember) it otherwise. Hotul nu si-a dat seama ca politia il urmarea de o saptamâna. 7. Iti voi spune adevarul dupa ce il voi afla eu insami. 12. 19. 10. Tata imi va da un cadou dupa ce voi lua examenul. Stiam ca esti in Bucuresti. Afirmativ I should/would go We should/would go You would go You would go He/she/it would go They would not go Negativ I should/would not go We should/would not go You would not go You would not go He/she/it would not go They would not go Forme prescurtate: shouldn’t.actrus. la care se adauga infinitivul prezent al verbului de conjugat. Afirmativ I should/would have gone You would have gone He/she/it would have gone We should/would have gone You would have gone They would have gone Negativ I should/would not have gone You would not have gone http://quintet. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. Secretara mi-a spus ca directorul este ocupat. ai merge.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. Era foarte suparat ca isi pierduse dictionarul si nu era sigur ca va gasi unul nou in librarii. 10. I (be) very hungry because I (not eat) anything all day. we (drink) coffee and brandy. 11. I hoped the company where I (work) (not go) bankrupt. 2. 3. Past Conditional (conditional trecut) Se traduce cu should/would la care se adauga infinitivul trecut (have + forma III a verbului de conjugat). He was very tired and he (hope) he (have) time to rest that afternoon. Nu mi-am amintit ca ne cunoscusem cu un an inainte. 5. wouldn’t. A week ago.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. When I finally arrived home. Nu am stat acasa sa te astept pentru ca nu stiam când vei veni. 9. I did not know that you (wear) glasses since childhood. Politistul ma va intreba ce am vazut in timpul accidentul. You will never know how much I (suffer). 4.. He was very upset because I (be) late.html 13 of 42 12/15/04 . After having visited Italy. my friends told me there (be) many small houses and narrow streets in Padua. Interogativ Should I go? Should we go? Would you go? Would you go? Would he/she/it go? Would they go? Se traduce cu conditionalul prezent din limba româna (as merge. I was surprised that his son (fail) the exam. 7. After we have finished dinner.. 6.). Masina pe cae o voi cumpara va fi importata din Germania. 14. M-a intrebat câte litere sunt in alfabetul chinez si nu am putut sa-I raspund. 12. Page 1 of 5 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri 9.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Page 5 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. 8. LECTIA III MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRAZELE CONDITIONALE Present Conditional (conditional prezent) Se formeaza cu should si would la persoana I si would la persoanele II si III.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 17. 20. 13. ar merge etc. he (trust) his son and he (not expect) such a thing to happen. 15. I-am promis ca ii voi scrie când voi ajunge la Londra. He discovered to his horror that he (eat) the worms in the cherries.actrus. 11.
(As merge la mare daca vremea ar fi buna. 3. in case. would you visit me? 3.) Tipul 2 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Present Conditional Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Tense I would go to the seaside if the weather were fine.. In acest caz. If I like the dress. supposing he is late? (Ce vom face presupunând ca el intârzie?) ¡ if not poate fi inlocuit cu unless I won’t go shopping unless you come with me. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect..html 12/15/04 http://quintet.) I would stay at home if it rained.) Nota 1: Trebuie sa se tina seama ca subjonctivul folosit in propozitia secundara are forma lui Past Tense Simple la toate verbele.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. daca sar intâmpla ca. (Voi merge la mare daca vremea va fi buna. you (promise) to keep it a secret? Unless you study more. supposing. should). 4. If the police should find out the truth. In caz ca telefoneaza. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. were.) Nota 2: – if poate fi inlocuit de provided (that). should se traduce cu: in caz ca. should poate fi folosit in secundara la tipul 2 de fraza conditionala. If you don’t hurry. dar improbabila. I (greet) him. I (buy) it. (In caz ca politia ar afla adevarul/ Daca s-ar intâmpla ca politia sa afle adevarul. ai fi mers. in loc de Present Simple. Ex. tell her I am out. si in acest caz se inverseaza ordinea subiect – auxiliar. 5. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 1: 1..). you (not find) me at home. 2. 9. If I see him. You (buy) this house if you had money? http://quintet. If it (go on) raining. 10. What shall we do. Page 2 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. Acest tip de secundara este adesea combinat cu imperativul.html 14 of 42 12/15/04 . we would be fined. atunci când actiunea din secundara este posibila. I (lend) you the book if you promise to return it in time. unde se intâlneste forma „were" la toate persoanele. (As sta acasa daca ar ploua. If I (know) his phone-number. you (be) late. 7..ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. 2. (As fi mers la mare daca vremea ar fi fost buna. Unless you come at 6. ar fi mers etc. este posibila omiterea lui if. If you (take) a dog. If she finds out what has happened. 1. (Voi sta acasa daca va ploua. If she should ring up. – if he were here – were he here – if it had rained – had it rained – if he should come – should he come Exercitii cu fraze conditionale 1. we shall have floods. spune-I ca nu sunt acasa. Page 3 of 5 He/she/it would not have gone We should/would not have gone You would not have gone They would not have gone Interogativ Should I have gone? Should we have gone? Would you have gone? Would you have gone? Would he/she/it have gone? Would they have gone? Se traduce cu conditionalul trecut din limba româna (as fi mers. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 2: 1.) Nota 4: Atunci când if este urmat de un verb auxiliar (ex. If I (move) to the country-side. cu exceptia verbului „to be". I won’t go shopping if you don’t come with me.actrus. I would ring him up. had. Nota 3: should + infinitiv poate fi folosit la tipul 1. providing. she (be) very angry. Frazele conditionale (If-Clauses) Exista trei tipuri de fraze conditionale: Tipul 1 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Future Present I will go to the seaside if the weather is fine. Ex. Tipul 3 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Past Conditional Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Perfect I would have gone to the seaside if the weather had been fine.actrus. If I tell you something.) I will stay at home if it rains.) I would have stayed at home if it had rained. 8. you (not pass) the exam. Ex.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. (As fi stat acasa daca ar fi plouat. suppose. De asemenea. 6. you will have to look after it. noi am fi amendati.
I would go home immediately. 2. If you (drive) more carefully. Had I learned English grammar.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. strazile vor fi ude. mi-ar fi fost frig. he (take) a pill. If I (not tell) him. 10. Dacaar fi plouat. I-ai da? Ce s-ar fi intâmplat daca ai fi condus cu viteza mare? Nu vom merge la plimbare daca nu va sta ploaia. he would have gone home. 8. you wouldn’t have an accident. I (buy) a car. 8.html 15 of 42 12/15/04 . I wouldn’t have come with you in your car. 4. I wouldn’t have come unless you (invite) me. 1. 4. Daca ar ploua. strazile ar fi ude. If I (work) harder. 10. 11. 6. You (be) sick if you eat so much. Vei prinde trenul daca vei lua un taxi. 10. Mamaia ar fi un loc ideal pentru o vacanta daca n-ar fi atât de multi oameni acolo. 5. 5. 4. I (answer) the phone. you (not get) into trouble. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. Should he have a headache. 7. I (not make) so many mistakes in my translation. 6. 9. Daca n-ai fi inchis fereastra. If the child is good. 2. 9. 8. 5. 5. Mi-ar placea mai mult piesa daca ar fi mai scurta. As mai croseta un pulover daca as mai avea lâna. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. It (be) better if you had waited.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. I would speak to him. 2. 10. 9. 9. 2. 8. Where you (go) if you had a holiday? 1. 7.. Voi fi dezamagit daca nu voi afla adevarul. I would be nervous. 7. 6.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. Ai fi prins trenul daca ai fi luat un taxi.actrus. Daca cina nu va fi gata la timp. 3. 8. Ai prinde trenul daca ai lua un taxi. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. Had I been at home. 10. He would have been arrested if he (try) to leave the country. he (get) a bar of chocolate. 5. If he had written a letter to me. 3. 3. Page 5 of 5 4. If he (realize) it was so late. you (read) Shakespeare in the original. Daca va ploua. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 3: 1. Page 4 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. he (not make) so many mistakes. Daca un cersetor ti-ar cere bani. I (answer) your question if I can. voi mânca la un restaurant. I (answer) it. 1. 9. Te vei supara daca iti voi lua creionul? Te-ai supara daca ti-as lua creionul? Te-ai fi suparat daca ti-as fi luat creionul? Ce vei face daca il vei intâlni pe John? Ce-ai face daca l-ai intâlni pe John? Ce-ai fi facut daca l-ai fi intâlnit pe John? http://quintet. tinând seama ca se poate intâlni oricare dintre cele 3 tipuri de fraze conditionale: 1.. 6. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. He (tell) you if you had asked him. If he were more careful. Were I in your place. he would never have known. 12. 1. Il vei vedea daca il vei astepta. I (not do) this. If I (know) you had no driving licence. 3. 7. If you had known English. What would you do if you (be) Prime Minister? If I (give up) smoking. 4.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. If I (be) you. 6. He will be at the airport in time if he (leave) now.actrus. 7. I would have succeeded. If you had taken my advice. If I (see) him. strazile ar fi fost ude.. If I won the lottery..
¡ tipurile 2 si 3 nu se schimba: "If it rained. in functie de sens. Ex. – He said „I am ill". I will stay at home. Page 2 of 5 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri the day before yesterday two days before tomorrow the next day/the following day the day after tomorrow in two days’ time next week the next/the following week two years ago two years before now then this that these those here there Ex. He said she had given him a book. 3." 1. I would have stayed at home. 1. He said „I will do the exercise". He said: „I am going to do this traslation tomorrow". trebuie respectate o serie de reguli.." Ex. might ramân neschimbate la vorbirea indirecta. Frazele conditionale sunt trecute la vorbirea indirecta in modul urmator: ¡ LECTIA IV VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRECTA Vorbirea directa: John said: „She is not at home" Vorbirea indirecta: John said she was not at home. in propozitia secundara se schimba timpurile dupa cum urmeaza: Present past Present perfect past perfect Past past perfect Future future-in-the-past tipul 1 devine tipul 2: "If it rains. à He said he would be at home on that day.. ceea ce se intâmpla in majoritatea cazurilor. He said: „I might be late" He said he might be late." He said if it had rained he would have stayed at home. He said if it rained he would stay at home. He said: „I’ll be at home today". He said he had been ill. He said he had been working hard. Se schimba o serie de cuvinte in functie de sens. He said „I was ill". Modalitati de introducere a propozitiilor secundare in vorbirea indirecta 1. Page 1 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. à He said he was going to do that translation the next day.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. He said if itrained he would stay at home. could.html 16 of 42 12/15/04 .. I would stay at home.actrus.actrus.. ought to. "If it had rained. ¡ ¡ ¡ He said „I have been working hard. Ex. He said he was ill. He said he would do the exercise. Se schimba pronumele. Atunci când verbul din propozitia principala este la trecut. should.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. 1. Verbele modale would. today that day yesterday the day before/the previous day http://quintet.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. Afirmatii: cu that (care se poate omite) Ex. He said: „She gave me a book". 2. Pentru a trece o propozitie de la vorbirea directa la vorbirea indirecta.
Where have you been? I’ve been away. He asked me: „What is the time?" Corect: He asked me what the time was. I would have answered the phone. 3. I think it’s going to rain tomorrow. 9.actrus. Intrebarile speciale se introduc cu cuvântul interogativ respectiv. He asked me where I had been. Treceti urmatoarele intrebari generale la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: „Will you be at home tomorrow?" He asked me if I would be at home the next day. please? 4. Will you help me. 4. I don’t remember where I have bought this dictionary. 10. ordered) me to come in. 6. 7. 2. Page 3 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Page 4 of 5 trecut) Model: He said: „Come in!" He told (asked.. Intrucât aceasta propozitie incepe cu un cuvânt interogativ. Intrebarile generale sunt cele care incep cu un verb. 6. 9. trebuie acordata atentie ordinei cuvintelor din propozitia secundara. He said „Go out". on holiday. Comenzi: cu infinitivul (afirmativ sau negativ) Ex. 3. Last year I spent my holiday at the seaside. How long have you been learning English? What are you going to do tomorrow? How long does it take you to reach your office? When will you be back? Ex. Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si vorbirea indirecta 1. 12. please! Read the text. 3. 1. 12. If I had been at home. 1. 7.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. 1. 8. I am very busy today. 2. à He told me to go out. 4. 2. He asked me if I liked music. 2. 5. 5. Intrebarile generale se introduc cu if sau whether (daca). 8. In cazul intrebarilor speciale trecute la vorbirea indirecta. The weather was fine yesterday. ceea ce este o greseala. Ex. I am going to have a nap this afternoon.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. iar raspunsul poate fi da sau nu. Ex. Ex. I will buy a car next year. à He said (that) he was ill. 10.html 17 of 42 12/15/04 . 11. 4. If I have enough money. 1. 10. I went to England two years ago.actrus.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. Treceti urmatoarele intrebari speciale la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: He said: „When did you come back?" He asked me when I had come back. exista tentatia de a folosi ordinea cuvintelor din propozitiile interogative. 11. please! Write me a letter when you get to England! Don’t cross the street on a red light! Be careful with my books! Don’t smoke so much! Take this pill! Don’t interrupt me when I am speaking! Ring me up when you arrive home! 3. Don’t drive so fast! Open the door. Incorect: He asked me what was the time. Ex. 7. John left for Sinaia two days ago. 3. 6. Treceti urmatoarele comenzi la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la http://quintet. 8. Treceti urmatoarele afirmatii de la vorbirea directa la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: He said „I will leave for London tomorrow". 5. 3. please? Can you come to tea this afternoon? Has the train left? Do you know what this word means? Was your mother at home? Did you buy this book yesterday? Did you drink coffee every day? Were you at the library yesterday? Do you live in London for a long time? Can you speak English? Would you like a cake? Could you lend me a book. He said (that) he would leave for London the next day.. I will go shopping right now. 4. 9. I saw this film a week ago. Intrebari Exista doua tipuri de intrebari: generale si speciale.. 2.. 2. He said: „I am ill". He said „Don’t go out" à He told me not to go out.
exista trei tipuri de complemente care pot deveni subiect in transformarea de la activ la pasiv: complementul direct.. Complement direct à Subiect A book was given to him. de asemenea. 10.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. Ex. In limba engleza. I have been asked. Ex. complementul indirect si. While I was in hospital. care. I had been asked. Pasiv: The child was looked after (by her). Pasiv: Eu am fost chemat de director. se omite formularea by. Ex. Ex. poate deveni subiect in cazul folosirii diatezei pasive: In this office punctuality is insisted on (by them). my flat was being painted. complementul prepozitional. Ex. 9. I will invite my friend to a party. 2. pasivul se foloseste atunci când nu este important cine face actiunea. Ambele complemente pot deveni subiecte in cazul trecerii la pasiv. de la sfârsitul propozitiei. iar complementul indirect este him. Exercitii cu diateza pasiva 1.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva: 1. 5. Someone has found the missing child. subiectul va fi trecut la cazul nominativ. in unele cazuri. 4. Nota: Se poate folosit aspectul continuu al diatezei pasive numai la Present Tense si Past Tense. 12/15/04 http://quintet. Where will you spend your weekend? Who is this man? Why is it so dark in this room? When did the rain stop? Which of these cakes do you prefer? How did you travel? Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 3 LECTIA V Pasivul se formeaza conjugând verbul to be la timpul cerut de sens. I will be asked. 6. He has found your bag. Page 5 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 5. Activ: She looked after the child..actrus. 8. While I am in hospital.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. In limba româna. Unde complementul direct este a book. punctuality este un complement prepozitional. Activ: Directorul m-a chemat pe mine.actrus. In aceste situatii. Activ: I gave him a book.html 18 of 42 . Un alt exemplu de complement prepozitional care poate deveni subiect. A specialist will repair my TV set.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. I was asked. Desigur. (by me) Complement indirect à Subiect He was given a book. 3. In multe cazuri. 7. I am asked. In this office punctuality is insisted on. la care se adauga forma III (participiul trecut) a verbului de conjugat. (by me) In propozitia: In this office they insist on punctuality. my flat is being painted. They will finish the work today. trecerea de la diateza activa la diateza pasiva se face prin transformarea complementului direct in subiect.
Treceti urmatoarele propozitii de la diateza pasiva la diateza activa. transformând atât complementul direct cât si cel indirect in subiecte: 1. They set fire to the shed. Aceasta informatie treuie tratata confidential. We laughed at John. 9. 5. People play football all over the world. Cursul profesorului a fost ascultat de toti studentii. I teach them English. 2. 4. Scrisoarea va fi pusa la posta cât mai curând posibil. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva: 1. 8. 6. The noise frightened me. 4. 12. Se construiesc multe blocuri noi in cartierul nostru. Evenimentul a fost comentat de toate ziarele. The guide showed the museum to the tourists. 3. 3. 9. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. 11.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. The jury awarded the Romanian film director the Great Prize. They have given me a nice present. The policeman will show us the way. In acest hotel se vorbesc limbi straine. 7. They are building a new house round the corner. 10. 9. 7. The teacher asked me a difficult question. Sensurile cuvintelor noi trebuie cautate in dictionar. This house has been built out of stone and cement. Când a ajuns acasa si-a dat seama ca I se furase portofelul. Acest timbru nu a fost bine lipit pe plic. Treceti la pasiv urmatoarele propozitii care cuprind combinatii verb+prepozitie: 1. 2. 2. 13.actrus. 3. They will give me a reward. 10. 4. Burglars broke into the house.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. 4. 14. A reception was held in his honour. 7. 5. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva in doua feluri. 6. 15. Don’t speak until someone speaks to you. Ni s-a cerut sa aratam pasapoartele. 5. 4. English is spoken all over the world. The doctor prescribed some pills to the patient. 9. The climber was finally discovered by the rescue party. He hasn’t slept in his bed.html 19 of 42 12/15/04 . http://quintet. 8. 5. They were building a new supermarket in that district last month.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. This painting is admired by all the visitors of the museum. 9. 7. Page 2 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 3. 10. 5. 2.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 6. 8. 6. 10. I was recommended a very good doctor. 7. 6. We objected to his proposal. America a fost descoperita la sfârsitul secolului al XV-lea. 2. 8. 3. He hates being made fun of. 3. Muzeul a fost inchis pentru reparatii. Ni se vor da instructiuni detaliate in privinta referatului. These books mustn’t be taken away. I have lent John two of my books. Has someone repaired the TV set? Will you write the letter in ink? Haven’t they told you to be here at 6 o’clock? Did the tornado frighten you? Will someone tell him the details? Have you fed the dog? Did the sight of the accident shock him? Did they tell you about the meeting? Do you think they will turn down your request? Would you have finished your work sooner if your colleagues hadn’t interrupted you? 5. My friend doesn’t always tell me the truth. 9. The pupils will be told where to sit. 7. Page 3 of 3 His coworkers must do something for him. This book will soon be forgotten. Ni s-au spus lucruri foarte interesante la conferinta. Nu s-a auzit nimic despre el de când a plecat la Constanta. 6. They didn’t look after the children properly.actrus. 2. 8. 10. Gasiti subiecte acolo unde este necesar: 1. We couldn’t account for his odd behaviour. We called for the doctor. 4. when I passed by. 6. 8.
(Stiu sa inot. timpurile se folosesc ca la punctul 1 (could pentru Past Tense si conditionalul prezent. Ex. It can’t/couldn’t be 9 o’clock. can’t Ex. May/Might – s-ar putea sa Ex. I cannot (can’t) make this translation. you may. should. Take your umbrella. Voi putea/mi se va permite sa fumez in camera aceea. I can do this.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6.actrus. (Vreau sa fac aceasta.actrus. Father. Pentru a reda ideea de trecut cu acest sens. Voi sti sa conduc masina dupa ce voi lua câteva lectii. El e in strainatate. He could have been here in time. Ex. nu e posibil sa.) Negativ: may not.) l 3. might. are sensul de a putea. (Da. Ex. Ex. a avea permisiunea Ex. He can speak English.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Voi putea veni la tine mâine. I will be able to come to you tomorrow. mayn’t Interogativ: May I? May you? May = infinitiv. May I smoke in this room? Pot/am permisiunea sa fumez in aceasta camera? Yes. S-ar putea sa fie acasa acum. Caracteristici generale l Nu primesc to inaintea lor si dupa ele: Ex. prezent Cu acest sens exista timpul might care reda ideea de trecut. Page 2 of 10 LECTIA VI VERBELE MODALE Can. Ex. Se traduce cu a sti sa. Can = infinitiv.). need. Ia-ti umbrela. He is abroad. Can you make this translation? Could=Past Tense. He may/might be at home now. Nu se poate sa-l fi vazut pe John pe strada. ought to. Ex. Ex. inlocuitorul to be able to pentru celelalte timpuri. I can make this traslation.) Spre deosebire de: I want to do this. Ex. are sensul de a putea. Nu primesc s la persoana III singular. 2. Could you help me? Ai putea sa ma ajuti? Pentru conditionalul trecut se foloseste could + infinitivul trecut Ex. prezent Negativ: cannot. Ar fi putut sa fie aici in timp.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. would. N-am putut sa vin la tine ieri. poti. I couldn’t come to you yesterday. In vorbirea familiara. a fi in stare Ex. Pentru celelalte timpuri se folosesc inlocuitorii: to be allowed to. (Stiu sa vorbesc engleza. Interogativ: Can I? Can you? etc. He said I might smoke in that room. could. shall. Nu se poate sa fie ora 9. Am putut/mi s-a permis sa fumez in camera aceea. May 1. I haven’t been able to ring you up this week. dar se foloseste numai dupa un alt verb la trecut (vorbire indirecta). pot/am permisiunea sa iau masina ta? 4.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. (Pot sa fac aceasta. 2. Ring up John. l Nu formeaza negativul si interogativul cu „to do". You can’t/couldn’t have seen John in the street. I was allowed/permitted to smoke in that room. It may/might rain. Arata o anumita abilitate fizica sau intelectuala. Ex. Soarele nu a apus inca. will. l Nu au toate timpurile. The sun hasn’t set yet. Can 1.html 20 of 42 12/15/04 . can I take your car? Tata. I will be allowed/permitted to smoke in that room. Se folosesc inlocuitori. must. Telefoneaza-I lui John. He cannot (can’t) speak English. Pentru celelalte timpuri se foloseste inlocuitorul to be able to. may.) Cu acest sens. I will tbe able to drive a car after I have taken a few lessons. can poate fi folosit cu sensul lui may de „a avea permisiunea". prezent.) I can speak English. I can swim. Can is a model verb. Ex. se foloseste infinitivul trecut. N-am putut sa-ti telefonez saptamâna aceasta. http://quintet. s-ar putea sa ploua. Can’t/couldn’t – nu se poate sa. Ex. conditional prezent al verbului can Negativ: could not (couldn’t) Interogativ: Could I ? Could you? etc. to be permitted to. Ex.
ideea de trecut se reda prin adaugarea infinitivului trecut. prezent Nu are alte timpuri. de asemenea. to have to formeaza interogativul si negativul cu ajutorul auxiliarului to do. Shall Folosit cu persoana I. nu e nevoie. A trebui Ex. Pentru redarea ideii de trecut.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Ex. Probabil ca John e acasa acum. Ex. Why didn’t you take your coat? You may/might have caught a cold. N-ai vazut ca urma sa ploua? l Daca actiunea nu era necesara si nu a fost facuta. Ex. I didn’t have to finish the translation yesterday. poate indica. S-a facut târziu. mustn’t Interogativ: Must I? Must you? Must = infinitiv. Probabil ca e târziu. Eu dormeam când ai venit tu aseara. o recomandare. ideea de trecut este redata prin adaugarea infinitivului trecut. aici e limita de viteza. se foloseste didn’t need + infinitivul Ex. Probabil ca era târziu. there is a speed limit here. Need Exista doua verbe: l Ex. Ai putea sa ma ajuti când sunt la nevoie. You might have written me a letter when you were in England. Ex.actrus. cu sensul de a fi nevoie http://quintet. Pentru a raspunde afirmativ la intrebarea de mai sus. I will have to finish the translation tomorrow. It must be late. Se traduc cu: ar trebui sa. Nota: Nu trebuie confundat need not cu must not. De ce nu ti-ai luat haina? S-ar fi putut sa racesti. Hai sa-l vizitam. ar fi cazul sa. 1. Couldn’t you see it was going to rain? Nu era nevoie sa uzi florile. interogativ. Need I be here at one o’clock? E nevoie sa fiu aici la ora 1? No. You should not/ought not to have been so rude to him. Need not se traduce cu „nu e nevoie". Need I be here at one o’clock? Yes. Nu trebuie sa conduci atât de repede. I had to finish the traslation yesterday.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Cu acest sens. Ex. May/might pot exprima un repros. Nu a fost nevoie sa facem acest exercitiu. Va trebui sa termin traducerea mâine. se foloseste needn’t + infinitivul trecut. You needn’t have watered the flowers. Ex. Nu.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. cu sensul de a avea nevoie Ex. se adauga infinitivul trecut. He doesn’t need this book. dar a fost facuta. o obligatie morala. Ex. Must Page 3 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Ca verb modal.actrus. Folosit cu persoana I. Nu e nevoie sa conduci atât de repede. Cu acest sens. Trebuie mentionat faptul ca inlocuitorul lui must. It must have been late. John must be at home now. You may/might help me when I am in need. Pentru a reda ideea de trecut. se foloseste verbul must. solicitarea unui sfat. Which dress shall I buy? Ce rochie sa cumpar? Shall I wait for you? Sa te astept? To need: verb obisnuit. You mustn’t drive so fast. De asemenea. Trebuie sa plec acasa. 3. Nu ar fi trebuit sa fii atât de nepoliticos cu el. Let’s call on him. Ex. Ex. We didn’t need to do this exercise. Ex. o oferta sau o sugestie. shall indica viitorul.html 21 of 42 12/15/04 . It’s got late. ar fi bine sa. I must go home. poate avea sensul probabil ca: Ex. I was asleep when you arrived home last night. need se foloseste numai la interogativ si negativ. Profesorul ne-a spus ca e prea usor pentru noi. avem destul timp. Ought to Ambele verbe indica o actiune corecta. A trebuit sa termin traducerea ieri. you must! (Da. Ex. we have enough time. Negativ: must not. You needn’t drive so fast. Hai sa mergem acasa. Ar trebui sa o ajuti pe mama ta la treburile casei. Must not se traduce cu „nu trebuie". Ex. Should. Let’s go home. you needn’t. se adauga infinitivul trecut. exista 2 posibilitati: l Page 4 of 10 Daca actiunea nu era necesara. trebuie!) Pentru exprimarea ideii de trecut a verbului need. 2. l Need: verb modal. notional. You should/ought to help your mother with housework. El nu are nevoie de aceasta carte. Se foloseste inlocuitorul to have to. The teacher told us it was too easy for us.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. Ai fi putut sa imi scrii o scrisoare când erai in Anglia.
20. Will. Nota: In afara de „would". You might change your mind about that. 3. 10. You needn’t do this. Ex. 19. It can’t be too late. Can Jane type very quickly? Can you speak Chinese? Everybody may borrow books from this library. Used to eate un verb semi-modal. You should visit your sick friend in hospital. Se poate folosi cu infinitivul trecut: He will have reached Paris by now. He needn’t buy milk. my mother used to read me fairy tales.actrus. 13. He should go to school everyday. Mama spune copilului: Nu vei mai primi nici un ban de buzunar daca nu vei lua examenul. 8. This child may have another cake. 16. please? l A voi (cu sens extins la obiecte): This child will/would not do what I say. 10. 16. 2. John must be ill. acolo unde este necesar: 1. o obligatie sau o amenintare care provin de la cel care vorbeste. 12.in perioada prezenta My mother will sit for hours watching TV. 6. This girl looks very much like Jane. 14. 3. You shouldn’t go to bed so late. O fi ajuns la Paris pâna acum. He may be at home. It must be difficult to climb this mountain. You may not smoke in this room. Un alt verb semi-modal este dare (a indrazni) care se conjuga la afirmativ ca un verb obisnuit. care are numai forma de trecut.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6.actrus. Can you help me? You mustn’t do this . I must look up the words in the dictionary. 9. 1. She can play the piano very well. 15. Exercitii cu verbe modale 1.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 19. 7. Would l Formula de politete. You may leave earlier. there is plenty in the fridge. He must be delayed at the office. in timp ce la interogativ si negativ se poate conjuga atât ca un verb obisnuit cât si http://quintet. ideea de actiune repetata in trecut se poate exprima cu „used to". Must you be so rude? She can read and write at the age of five. 7. mama obisnuia sa-mi citeasca povesti. 2. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la Past Tense Simple si Future Tense Simple. This radio won’t work.html 22 of 42 . folosind inlocuitorii verbelor modale respective. 8. Aceasta fata seamana foarte bine cu Jane. He ought to tell me the truth. She can lend you that book. 18. 17. Redati ideea de trecut in urmatoarele propozitii folosind infinitivul trecut in loc de infinitivul prezent: 1. 15. It might rain. 18. May I walk on the grass? He may not come in wearing dirty boots. I must learn English. You may not speak to your mother like that. He must be in the garden at this time of the day. She will be her sister. 11. John could be a winner. l Actiune repetata: . 5. Mama mea obisnuieste sa stea ore intregi privind la televizor. Ex. You might pay more attention to your work. O fi sora ei. ¡ in trecut When I was a child. You might write to me more often. 20. my mother would read me fairy tales.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Page 5 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE ca modal. Mother to child: You shall not get any pocket-money if you don’t pass the exam. You can’t see a bear in this part of the country. 9. Când eram copil. You can’t be pleased with this piece of news. Page 6 of 10 Shall we meet at one o’clock? Sa ne intâlnim la ora 1? Folosit cu persoanele II si III. Mother to child: You shall have a bicycle if you pass the exam. shall poate arata o promisiune. 6. cerere politicoasa: Will you/would you sit down? Will you/would you help me with my translation. Acest copil nu vrea sa faca ce-I spun. I must go soon. 11.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. 4. He can swim very well. When I was a child. 13. 12/15/04 l Presupunere: se traduce in limba româna cu o fi. I cannot translate ten pages a day. 5. It can’t be easy to learn Chinese. 14. 17. Mama spune copilului: Vei avea o bicicleta daca vei lua examenul. 12. 4.
6. Man …travel through space now. 10. I don’t believe it is his fault. You probably forgot to lock the door. 3. 5. He …reach the Moon and walk there. 9. 10. 4. 2. 6. 10. You …not eat so many sweets if you don’t want to get fat. When I was a teenager. …you tell me the truth. 9. You have probably forgotten his address. Page 8 of 10 1. 6. 3. 4. I don’t think he is at the office so late at night. You must have forgotten to lock the door. I have bought his latest book.html 23 of 42 12/15/04 . Perhaps she was out when you rang her up. 6. 2. … you help me solve this problem? When I was young. 1. 9. I don’t think this is a true story. 1. 9. He was probably late. Completati spatiile goale cu mustn’t sau needn’t : 1. Don’t wait. 5. 3. I don’t think you will miss the train if you hurry.actrus. 7. perhaps it is a good one. I don’t believe it was his fault. You … worry about money. You …make a noise or the baby will wake up. But one still …breathe without extra oxygen and one certainly …stay there very long. He must speak English well. …you be so kind and pass me the salt. He probably thinks I am wrong. I …hurry up in order not to miss the train. I don’t believe that he has passed the exam. they are addictive. 4. One …buy a ticket for a slow train in advance. 4. 2.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 8. 5. Completati spatiile goale cu can sau can’t: Page 7 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE trecut: Model: I don’t believe you are right. 3. I don’t believe she has learnt English in two months. It is possible that he was right but I don’t think so. It probably took a long time to finish this translation. He … even drive on its surface. She is probably a very good doctor.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. 8. 8. My child …play with the cat for hours on end. He …read for hours on end. Completati spatiile goale cu should sau would: 1. for once? 6. 1. I …wear my hair long. 1. 7. 5. 10. Take your umbrella. A good knowledge of English is likely to help you a lot in your career. 9. please? He always made mistakes because he …never take any advice. perhaps it will rain. Completati spatiile goale cu shall sau will: 1. 6. The visitors … feed the animals in the Zoo. When we … fly there as easily as we fly to other countries of the world. 2. I don’t believe you were right. 7. 10. Perhaps it snowed in the mountains It may/might have snowed in the mountains. You can’t have been right. 9. 1. it will soon start raining. I don’t think the weather will change. You can’t be right. I’ll give you as much as you want. I don’t believe she has got so fat.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. holidays will be very different. 4. but I doubt it. You…water the flowers. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind may + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul trecut: Model: Perhaps it snows in the mountains. 7. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind must + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul trecut: Model: He probably speaks English well. He probably came home very early. I don’t believe she has married that awful man. I … return the books before the 1 st of September.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 1. You probably knew the lesson very well to get a 10. The sky is clear. 8. It is possible for her to be very late. You …not expect everybody to obey you. You … take sleeping pills too often. 2. He is probably older than he looks. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind can’t + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul http://quintet. I …read one book a day. 5. 8.actrus. This is probably the best Romanian film of the year. It is possible that I come home early. 7. 3. I think she was angry with you. 2. 2. 1. Perhaps she has returned the book to you and you have lent it to someone else. Perhaps he has done the exercise correctly. 4. It may/might snow in the mountains. 3. You …not go to bed so late at night. You … take an umbrella. You probably left your umbrella in the shop. 5. One … travel by bus without paying the fare. 5. People … speak during the concert.
Unde mergem acum? Mâine va trebui sa pun scrisoarea la posta. because the teacher won’t have time to read it all. If you win the contest. 7. The child … (leave) home. Ti-am telefonat si nu a raspuns nimeni. It …(rain) here. You …(lend) him so many books. 16.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 3. Page 10 of 10 10.html 24 of 42 12/15/04 . you …re-type it. he was back soon. Ar trebui ca toti copiii sa faca treburi in casa. 8. 8. This door … not unlock. 10. 3. Traduceti in limba engleza. I locked the door and took the key with me. 30." 1. He …(be) at home. I …(leave) it on the bus. … you correct my exercise. 22. I …(be) in the garden. He has one of his own. 12. She is away. 5. Va trebui sa ma ajuti mai mult astazi. I am sorry you wasted your time. 14. 27. You…(lend) him your text – book. It …(take) you a long time to knit this dress. Toti studentii pot si trebuie sa scrie aceasta lucrare. I …(buy) a new map of London as I already had one. 7. sa astepti câteva minute? Nu aveti voie sa vorbiti in timpul examenului. Vreti. 10. You …do this whether you like it or not. he is a very poor swimmer. He …(swim) across the Danube. Ar fi trebuit sa insisti. 8. 5. We …(wait) too long. Nu stiu sa crosetez. Profesorul mi-a spus ca pot sa lipsesc de la ora urmatoare. I haven’t got my bag with me. Va trebui sa plec curând. 4. dar el nu a vrut sa vina la telefon. 19. 7. Nu a fost nevoie sa spun „multumesc" când am aflat ora exacta formând 958 intrucât stiam ca informatia e inregistrata pe banda. va rog. which was very convenient. http://quintet." "His family consider he should. am baut deja doua astazi. I …(see) him for that. 9. 2. Am cerut sa vorbesc cu directorul. Nu e nevoie sa-ti cari singura bagajul in gara. 6. you…get a nice present. Probabil ca eram inca la facultate. 10. 28. 26. Go to sleep. 23.actrus. 4. 24. Stiam sa cânt la pian când eram copil. E nevoie sa urcam la cabana pe jos? Nu. Nu era nevoie sa-mi faci cafea. 6. 13. She …write an article for this magazine every week. but he himself believes he needn’t.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6.actrus. De ce ai vorbit atât de tare? Iti promit ca vei avea cartea mâine. You …(buy) so much bread. I promise you not …be disturbed. 11. I …(get up) so early today. folosind verbe modale sau inlocuitori ai acestora: 1. 5. This …be John’s house. the road is dry. 20. Trebuie sa-mi schimb pantofii când intru in casa pentru ca sunt plini de noroi. 5. You …(wait) for me. 6. 3. 1. 2. Ai putea sa-mi telefonezi mai des când stii ca sunt bolnav. Ar fi trebuit sa citesc bibliografia pentru acest seminar. Nu a fost nevoie sa-I telefonez lui Jane ca sa vorbesc cu ea pentru ca urma sa vina la mine peste o jumatate de ora. Nu se poate sa fi fost acasa aseara. The light was on in his room. Completati spatiile goale cu must. but I forgot it was Sunday. Page 9 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 7. te-ar putea ajuta un hamal. 4. 25. The student …(write) such a long composition. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. he is a nice boy. 18. I …(answer) the questions. 12. 3. he will never read them all. 29. Incercati sa gasiti un sens urmatorului dialog: "Do you think he will?" "I think he might. You …(see) Anna yesterday. o incuiasem chiar eu. which would have saved me a lot of work. 9. 10. 17. please? This letter is full of mistakes. It’ll get stale. can’t sau needn’t + infinitivul trecut: 1. I didn’t hear the phone. I wrote him a letter.Completati spatiile goale cu didn’t need to sau needn’t have + forma III a verbului: I …(answer) the questions.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Nu se poate ca profesorul sa fi fost multumit de acest raspuns. Toata lumea sa fie prezenta la sedinta. 2. Nu se poate sa fi gasit usa deschisa. 6. 21. 9. 11. 15. John …(do) such a thing. putem lua autobuzul sau telefericul. 9." "Yes. 4. Sunt sigur ca voi putea gasi timp sa te ajut.
might. l Daca dorinta se refera la un moment viitor. Fie ce-o fi. o dorinta sau un blestem. it is desirable that. ca echivalent de subjonctiv. Ex. It is desirable that we finish the translation first. De asemenea. If only I lived to be a hundred! Bine ar fi sa traiesc pâna la o suta de ani! c) As if/though (ca si cum. se foloseste subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense. I would sooner/rather (as prefera sa…) 12/15/04 http://quintet. Everybody leave the hall. a.. ar fi inlocuit cu prezentul. Mi-as dori sa ma fi nascut in Anglia. Ex. bine ar fi sa) l Daca dorinta se refera la momentul prezent. exista echivalenti de subjonctiv care constau in verbele should. Este de dorit ca noi sa terminam intâi traducerea. Somebody bring me a glass of water.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. I wish I had been born in England. subjonctivul nu are formele lui proprii. Ex. it is likely that.actrus. Poate fi folosit ca o modalitate de a da ordine. Vorbesti engleza ca si cum ai fi trait in Anglia. Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Tense sau Past Perfect: LECTIA VII MODUL SUBJONCTIV Apare dupa urmatoarele expresii: In engleza contemporana. de Past Tense si de Past Perfect. 1. Ex. it is necessary that. Mi-as dori sa inceteze ploaia. (Era de mult timpul. to urge. It is impossible that he do this. Page 2 of 8 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri The doctor insisted that I keep indoors. Apare in propozitii exclamative. apare ca were la toate persoanele. Subjonctiv cu forma de infinitiv a. exprimând o lozinca. El apare cu forme de infinitiv. 1.actrus. It is necessary that you be present. Mi-as dori sa fiu in Anglia acum. Cineva sa-mi aduca un pahar cu apa. may.) It is high time. You speak English as if you had lived in England. Long live the king! Traiasca regele. (E timpul. You speak English as if you were an Englishman. d)It is time. to recommend. E timpul sa mearga copilul la culcare. Este imposibil ca el sa faca aceasta. Ex. Shakespeare: „If this be error"… If this is error Byron: „Though the hart be still as loving" …the heart is c. to order Ex. Doctorul a insistat ca eu sa stau acasa. d.. Am recomandat ca propunerea lui sa fie acceptata.html 25 of 42 . Nota: Verbul to be la subjonctivul du forma de Past Tense. e) Dupa verbe ca: to propose. Vorbesti engleza de parca ai fi englez. Dupa constructii de tipul: it is impossible that. b) If only – are aproximativ acelasi sens cu I wish Ex. in engleza contemporana. E necesar ca tu sa fii prezent. I wish it would stop raining. to insist. to suggest.. se foloseste would. Ex. l Daca dorinta se refera la un moment anterior. Toata lumea sa paraseasca sala. o urare. in situatii in care. se foloseste subjonctivul cu forma de Past Perfect. God forgive you! Fie ca Domnul sa te ierte! Curse this fog! Blestemata fie aceasta ceata! b. It is high time you began to study seriously. It is time the child went to bed.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.. I wish I were in England now. to demand. Era de mult timpul sa incepi sa studiezi serios. Poate fi intâlnit in poezia clasica. de parca) even if/even though (chiar daca) Ex.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. Page 1 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Come what may. would + infinitiv. I recommended that his proposal be accepted.) Ex. Ex. I wish (mi-as dori. a.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7.
where. Intrebari introduse prin how.. It was possible that he might be here in time.html 26 of 42 12/15/04 . Era posibil ca el sa fi ajuns aici la timp. l De unde sa stiu unde este el acum? I don’t see why you should be so rude to him. As prefera sa stai acasa in seara asta. Dupa cum reiese din exemplele de mai sus. Dupa cum se observa. No matter who you may/might be. l Dupa it is possible. Mi-e teama ca nu cumva sa piarda examenul. Dupa conjunctia lest (ca nu cumva sa) Ex. in aceasta situatie should este urmat de infinitivul trecut. Mi-era teama sa nu cada la examen. fie in vorbirea indirecta. nu ai dreptul sa faci asta. se poate folosi fie subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense. etc. fie cel cu forma de infinitiv. Exisa situatii când se pot folosi si alte verbe modale decât cele expuse in acest capitol ca echivalenti de subjonctiv. Nota: In engleza contemporana exista tendinta de a se omite should dupa lest si de a se folosi subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv.. to demand. Este posibil ca el sa ajunga aici la timp. wherever. whichever. may. It is impossible that he should have done this. Page 4 of 8 Ex. It is necessary that you should be present.actrus. in secundara se foloseste may. la fel ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv (vezi 1-e). Ex. Oriunde as fi. should poate aparea dupa verbe ca: to propose. to be afraid Ex. you have no right to do this.ci este necesara introducerea lui should.when. Ex. Invata serios ca sa treci examenul. iti voi telefona. a. In exemplul de mai sus. Study hard so that/in order that you may pass the exam. daca verbul din propozitia principala este la timpul prezent. iar in aceste cazuri. 1. to insist. Oricine ai fi. to recommend. Ex. in secundara se foloseste might. fie ca se foloseste should ca echivalent de subjonctiv. It is possible that he may be here in time. however. I am afraid lest he should fail the exam. fie in vorbirea direca. Wherever I may/might be. Echivalenti de subjonctiv a. I studied hard so that/in order that I might pass the exam. might Ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. Ex. Nu vad de ce sa fii atât de nepoliticos cu el. fie ca se foloseste in limba engleza subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. May success attend you! Fie ca succesul sa fie cu tine! May you live long and be happy! Fie sa traiesti mult si sa fii fericit. I hope that he may pass the exam.actrus.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. persoana care isi exprima preferinta este diferita de cea care face actiunea. I will ring you up. Ex. Sper ca el sa treaca examenul. Nota: Dupa cum se poate observa. no matter when. l Dupa so that. Hurry up lest you should miss the train. How should I know where he is now? http://quintet. Whoever you may/might be. may poate aparea in lozinci si urari: Ex. l Dupa whoever. l Dupa to hope. I was afraid that he might fail the exam. It is impossible that he should do this. I would sooner stay at home tonight. whatever sau dupa formulele echivalente no matter who. to suggest. should – ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv (1-d) se poate folosi dupa constructii de tipul: It is impossible that. Page 3 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. I recommend that his proposal should be accepted. Hurry up lest you miss the train. Exista o situatie in care nu se poate folosi subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. iar daca verbul din propozitia principala este la timpul trecut. Este imposibil ca el sa fi facut aceasta. Acest tip de constructii se traduc la fel (vezi 1-d). you have no right to do this. in order that De asemenea. l Ex. why. whenever.. to urge. The doctor insisted that I should stay indoors. Ex. it is necessary that. Grabeste-te ca nu cumva sa pierzi trenul. Am invatat serios ca sa trec examenul. it was possible Ex.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. It is desirable that we should finish the translation first. l Ex.. echivalentii de subjonctiv sunt la origine verbe modale. verbele respective aduc in propozitie si sensul lor initial. I would sooner I stayed at home tonight.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. I would sooner you stayed at home tonight. Este vorba de cazul când propozitia secundara exprima o actiune anterioara celei din principala. In cazul in care persoana care isi exprima preferinta este aceeasi cu cea care face actiunea.
19. 12/15/04 1. I regret I have only one child.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. 1. If only my telephone (work)! I wish I (not catch) a cold on the trip yesterday. I am sorry my friend is ill. 2. I regret you won’t come on holiday with me. Mi-as dori sa pot vorbi engleza/sa fiu in stare sa vorbesc engleza.html 27 of 42 . 5.. Mi-as dori sa pot/sa am permisiunea de a imprumuta masina ta. I would marry you even if you (be) a pauper. I regret I have no children. 9.actrus. I am sorry he will be away for such a long time. I regret he will stay in hospital so long. 9. 3. I wish I might borrow your car. 5. 2. Mi-as dori sa incetezi sa te mai vaicaresti pentru ca am si eu necazurile mele.. 8. 20. 10. I wish I could speak English. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + Past Perfect (afirmativ sau negativ): Model: I am sorry I lost my umbrella. 3. I regretted you couldn’t come to me yesterday. It is high time you (start) studying for your exam. As prefera sa mergi la teatru. 3. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + Past Tense (afirmativ sau negativ): Model: I am sorry/I regret the weather isn’t fine. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. 7. 6. 1. Page 6 of 8 Ex. 1. If only I (not forget) his phone number! He wishes his book (become) a best-seller! If only I (become) a millionaire.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. It’s time I (get) a promotion! 1. 7. 9.actrus. Mi-as dori sa incetezi cu zgomotul acela chiar in acest moment. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. 3. I would rather you (not waste) your time! I am cold. It’s high time he (take) a job and (stop) living on his parents. 2. He would rather his daughter (not get married) so young. 13. I am sorry they will not sign the contract. 4. 14.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. 4. I wish the weather were fine. I regret I am not a student. 10. 5. I am sorry you were delayed at the office. 7. If only I (be) in Italy now! I wish I (enter) the faculty last year. I am sorry you won’t take a driving licence. As prefera sa ma scol mai devreme. 17. I’d rather I (stay) at home and (watch) TV. I am sorry I had no money to buy that painting. I am sorry you had an accident. I am sorry books are so expensive. Don’t treat me as if I (be) a child.. I am sorry it rains so often. 11. 4. I regret I won’t spend my holiday in England. 9. 7. I would rather he (tell) me the truth. 8. 6. 4. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. 10. I regretted the weather was bad when I was on holiday. I wish he would take my advice. I am sorry he will not take my advice. I regret I can’t go to the concert. 6. I am sorry I was late for the party. 11. 7. 15. I am sorry I can’t play the piano. 10. am putea merge la plaja! Ti-ai dori sa fi fost invitata la petrecerea lui John? Ce pacat ca nu mai sunt tânar! As prefera sa te scoli mai devreme. I am sorry you live so far away. Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv 1. Puneti verbele din paranteze la forma corecta de subjonctiv: 1. 5. 8.. 6. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + would + infinitiv scurt: Model: http://quintet. 6. I regret I won’t be able to read Goethe in the original.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. I am sorry I will get fat when giving up smoking. I was sorry you were out when I called. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense sau Past Perfect: 1. 5. 9. 12. He wishes he (have) a good English teacher in the next academic year. I am sorry I didn’t win the Great Prize. 4. 3. 2. I was sorry you had got a fine. Bine ar fi sa fii mai ordonata! Ce pacat ca ploua! Daca n-ar ploua. Bine ar fi sa nu fi facut atâtea greseli la lucrarea de control. I wish I hadn’t lost my umbrella. I regret you didn’t win the competition. Page 5 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. 8. You behave as if you (own) the place. I am sorry he won’t accept my proposal. I am sorry I don’t live in Bucharest. I regret I won’t have a phone in my new flat. 16. As prefera sa merg la teatru. 5. 18. It’s time we (go) home. 1. 8. I would rather you (close) that window. 10. 2.
astfel incât sa nu-l aud eu. Stiu ca tu ti-ai dori sa-ti petreci vacanta intr-o tabara. 18. 9. El a intrat in casa fara zgomot. eu voi fi acasa si te voi astepta. 17. 19. Page 8 of 8 12. nu te pot crede. It is strange that she (leave) the lights on when she left the town. 5. 15. It is impossible that my sister (tell) this to you yesterday. Da-te la o parte ca sa vad (astfel incât sa pot vedea) ecranul. Oricât te-ai stradui. All success (attend) you! I wish I (be) there when it happened. dar eu prefer sa mergi la bunicul. 9. Era ciudat ca el sa nu fi citit aceasta carte. I have to work hard so that my company (prosper). E ora 10! Nu crezi ca era demult timpul sa te scoli si sa te apuci de lucru? 15. 14. 7. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de subjonctiv may sau might + infinitivul prezent: 1. Mama a hotarât ca noi sa stam acasa. 9. 6. 19. Este necesar sa fii informat despre ce se intâmpla in tara. 2. 14. El a sugerat ca noi sa cumparam aceasta casa. nu poti câstiga un astfel de concurs. 7. 8. Ea se poarta cu el de parca ar fi sotul ei. Oricare ar fi motivul. Prietenul meu a insistat sa merg cu el la concert. 8. I propose that we (leave) by the 9 o’clock train. I wish I (find) another. Vrei sa spui ca este probabil sa ne petrecem concediul in Bucuresti? Este necesar sa fiu prezent la aceasta sedinta? 1. I closed the window lest (get) too cold. 2. 12. 3. 8. 3. Este enervant ca tu sa fi uitat sa-mi aduci cartea inapoi. I’d rather you (retire) as soon as possible. I suggested that we (take) a taxi. Am facut un imprumut ca sa (astfel incât sa) pot sa-mi cumpar casa. E timpul sa-mi inapoiezi banii pe care ti I-am imprumutat. 13. 17. 3. 20. 4. Vorbeste mai tare ca sa te aud (asfel incât sa te pot auzi). nu ar fi trebuit sa crezi.. Oricine ti-ar fi spus asta despre mine. Este important ca tu sa stii engleza bine. 7. 2. Este probabil ca fiul meu sa fi luat examenul. 4. 4. I wish my car (not break down) last week. 6. No matter how/however absent – minded you (be). 6. 7. I have such a boring job. 5. 12/15/04 http://quintet.. Orice mi-ai spune. I closed the window so that it (not get) too cold. Este imposibil ca el sa se intoarca atât de devreme. The road is wet. 5. 13. Directorul a cerut ca toata lumea sa fie prezenta la ora 8. The doctor recommended that the patient (have) an operation. She speaks about her son as if he (be) a genius. Este posibil ca ea sa fie plecata din oras. you should remember your own phone number. Am sugerat sa-l alegem presedinte. la tara.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Era demult timpul sa incepi sa citesti cartile cerute pentru examenul de literatura româna.html 28 of 42 .CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Directorul a propus ca eu sa lucrez in alt sector.. Este imposibil ca el sa se fi intors atât de devreme. 10. 4. It is desirable that they (divorce) immediately. I’ve told you everything so that you (understand) my position. Oricând te vei intoarce.actrus. Vorbesti ca si cum ai fi suparata pe mine. 2. Ea arata de parca ar fi manechin. 5. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de sobjonctiv should + infinitivul prezent sau trecut: 1. 18. drive carefully lest you (have) an accident. Este foarte important ca acest contract sa fie semnat foarte curând. 16. Inlocuiti infinitivele din paranteze cu unul dintre tipurile de subjonctiv sau cu un echivalent de subjonctiv: 1.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de subjonctiv should + infinitivul prezent: 1.actrus. 16. nu ar trebui sa ma minti. Page 7 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Profesorul sugereaza ca noi sa citim aceasta carte. He throws money away as if he (be) a rich man. 8. El mi-a vorbit ca si cum nu se intâmplase nimic intre noi. 6. 10.. Insist ca tu sa accepti aceasta slujba. Jane si-ar dori sa-mi petrec sfârsitul de saptamâna cu ea. 3. 10. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. 11. 6. If only I (have) a brother or a sister! 7.
to dislike. cu anumite verbe urmate de prepozitii obligatorii: to rely upon/on.) e.) They declared him to be the man of the year. Participiul prezent si gerunziul pot avea timpuri si diateza. to hate. Acuzativ cu infinitiv Consta dintr-un verb urmat de un pronume sau substantiv in acuzativ + un verb la infinitiv.. to know. I made him study English.) I let him go out and play. Ex. to declare. to say. to make. to hear. to consider. (Vreau ca John sa faca aceasta. to wish. Diateza activa ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ infinitiv prezent simplu: to call infinitiv prezent continuu: to be calling infinitiv perfect simplu: to have called infinitiv perfect continuu: to have been calling Diateza pasiva ¡ ¡ infinitiv prezent simplu: to be called infinitiv perfect: to have been called Forma -ing. el reprezinta forma a III-a: ¡ ¡ to call – called – called to go – went – gone Constructii cu infinitivul 1. (As vrea ca el sa vina cu mine. to cause.) Sunt situatii in care Nominativul cu Infinitivut exprima o formulare pasiva a Acuzativului cu Infinitiv: Ex. to believe.) I expected him to come in time. (Ma bazez pe tine sa faci aceasta. Ex. to understand. (Ei l-au declarat a fi omul anului. verbe declarative: to state.actrus. Ex.. I rely on you to do this. Infinitivul poate avea aspect. Ex. Ex. to watch. to suppose. He was made to study English. to like.) I want John to do this. I saw him leave the room. forma -ing (gerunziul si participiul prezent) si participiul trecut.) b. He is considered to be a good student. (Se spune ca el este un bun scriitor. (El a recunoscut ca stirile erau false.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.) He ordered the door to be locked.) c. verbe exprimând un ordin. Nominativ cu infinitiv Consta dintr-un subiect in nominativ + un verb la diateza pasiva sau activa + un verb la infinitiv.html 29 of 42 12/15/04 .actrus.. o permisiune sau o cauzalitate: to make. verbe exprimând perceptia mentala: to think.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI .ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. modurile nepersonale sunt urmatoarele: infinitivul. He is said to be a good writer. folosit cu verbe la diateza pasiva: to see. (L-am facut sa invete engleza. to allow. I’d like him to come with me.) 1.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. Ex. (M-am asteptat ca el sa vina la timp. (Consider ca el este un bun student. He admitted the news to be false. (El a ordonat sa se incuie usa. (L-am vazut ca paraseste camera/parasind camera. Adverbe exprimând dorinta sau vointa: to want. Verbele to make si to let sunt urmate de infinitivul scurt (fara to). in cazul verbelor neregulate. to feel. Atât participiul prezent cât si gerunziul se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei -ing la infinitivul verbelor (to call – calling). a. Diateza activa ¡ ¡ nedefinit: calling perfect: having called a. Page 2 of 6 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA VIII MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI CONSTRUCTIILE VERBALE In limba engleza. I consider him to be a good student. to know. Ex. Page 1 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . to expect.) Exista câteva tipuri de verbe care accepta acest tip de constructii: http://quintet. to expect. (L-am lasat sa iasa afara sa joace fotbal. I want you to go now. to order. to hear. diateza si timpuri. I made him study English.) d. I consider him to be a good student.) f. verbe exprimând perceptia senzoriala: to see. to count upon/on . to consider. Aceste verbe sunt urmate de infinitivul scurt (fara to). (Vreau ca tu sa pleci acum. to believe. He considered the news to be false. to suppose. to admit.. Ex. Diateza pasiva ¡ ¡ nedefinit: being called perfect: having been called Participiul trecut se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei -ed la verbele regulate.
ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. to prove. It is necessary that I (should) go there. Acuzativ cu participiu Se foloseste cu verbe exprimând perceptie senzorial: to see. cu verbele: to happen.) This remains for him to decide. (Este imposibil ca el sa vina. Diferenta de sens intre cele doua constructii este urmatoarea: folosirea acuzativului cu infinitiv pune accentul pe actiunea propriu-zisa.) If I happen to meet him. precum si cu verbele to find. Cineva mi-a spart geamul din dormitor.) Nota: Ultimele doua propozitii se se pot reda in limba engleza si cu ajutorul subjonctivului. 1.) I happened to meet him in the street. She had two sons killed in the war. Constructii cu participiul prezent 1. a. we shall go to the beach. M-am asteptat sa vii mai devreme. in timp ce acuzativul cu participiu arata actiunea in desfasurare. They declared him to be the man of the year. Astfel: I saw her leave s-ar putea traduce Am vazut-o ca pleaca sau Am vazut-o plecând.) I left / found her crying. (Am auzit-o cântând. vom merge la plaja. Daca vrem sa traducem expresia personala: „Ea e sigura ca va veni la timp" o redam in modul urmator: „She is sure the she will come in time".ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. Page 4 of 6 The news was considered to be false. (Este necesar ca eu sa merg acolo. (E sigur ca ea va veni la timp..) In cazul verbelor de perceptie. (El a fost vazut plecând..) 3. (Aceasta ramâne sa o decida el. ii voi spune unde esti. It is easy for me to do this. I had my bedroom window broken. b. (El s-a dovedit a fi un bun jurnalist.actrus. 12/15/04 http://quintet.. to seem. (Voi merge sa ma coafez. tradusa cu o expresie personala in limba engleza. Este de asemenea sa apara situatii in care actiunea exprimata de participiul trecut este facuta de altcineva in detrimentul persoanei exprimate de subiect.) Nota: Trebuie remarcat faptul ca expresia impersonala din limba româna se intâmpla sa este. She is sure to come in time. we went home.html 30 of 42 . 2. to leave. Ex. Exercitii cu constructiile verbale 1. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind constructia Acuzativ cu Infinitiv sau Acuzativ cu Participiu: 1.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. to watch. In timp ce I saw her leaving se poate traduce numai Am vazut-o plecând. aceasta constructie este asemanatoare cu Acuzativul cu Infinitiv. It is impossible that I (should) come. am mers acasa. Page 3 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . I will tell him where you are.) I heard her singing.. Ex.) It is impossible for him to come. (Trebuie sa-mi dau pantofii la reparat. I-au fost ucisi doi fii in razboi. cu expresiile: to be sure / likely / unlikely / certain Ex.) Aceasta constructie arata ca actiunea este facuta de catre altcineva spre avantajul sau la ordinul persoanei reprezentate de subiect. to hear. For – phrase Consta din propozitia for + un substantiv sau pronume in acuzativ + un verb la infinitiv. Nominativ cu Participiu Este pasivul constructiei Acuzativ cu Participiu: Ex: He was seen leaving.) Nota: Din nou avem in limba engleza o expresie personala care se traduce in româneste cu o expresie impersonala. de obicei. Ex: I must have/get mz shoes repaired. Ex: The classes being over. He was declared to be the man of the year. (Am lasat-o / gasit-o plângând.) Constructie cu participiul trecut Este formata din verbul to have sau to get + un complement + participiul trecut. I saw him leaving (L-am vazut plecând. He proved to be a good journalist. to appear ¡ la diateza activa: Ex.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . (S-a intâmplat sa-l intâlnesc pe strada.) I will have my hair done. Ex.) Weather permitting.) It is necessary for me to go there. (Ea a fost auzita cântând. Ex. to turn out. (E usor sa fac asta. (Daca se va intâmpla sa-l intâlnesc. (Orele fiind terminate. (Daca vremea va permite.actrus. Nominativul absolut Este o constructie participiala care are un subiect al ei propriu.) She was heard singing. to smell.
9. 12.actrus. 9. 6. It is necessary that you should study the matter seriously. This translation is easy for me to make. She heard the hunters shooting. 8. 4. I had to change them. This fact is important. 4. 9. She heard the baby crying. Cred ca el e un sot bun. 3. John a recunoscut ca vina era a lui. I stopped smoking. 4. I saw the plane landing. I saw her fainting. 10. I can’t believe she said that. 5. They heard him repeat it several times. Everybody being at home. 11. 10. 4. 10. It is advisable that you should resign. It is recommendable that you should read this book. People believed he was a brilliant surgeon. 6. Am vazut câtiva copii jucându-se in parc. You should read it. we were seared about having floods. I don’t want you to catch a cold. transformându-le in Nominativ cu Participiu: Model: I heard the dog barking. Am auzit-o certându-si copilul. I didn’t want her to miss the train. 6. Treceti la pasiv urmatoarele constructii Acuzativ cu Participiu. 8. Inteleg ca ea e o profesoara foarte buna. 10. Expected that he would resign. The concert being over. 1. I saw her lying on the beach. We should have a heart to heart talk. 5. I found the boy breaking the window. http://quintet. El voia ca eu sa-l ajut. Mama ar vrea ca eu sa devin doctor. 10. 9. 5. I cam make it. 3. She was thought to be a gifted child. It is possible that the plane might be delayed. I thought she was unable to win the contest. l. The people were impatient. 2. we shall climb to the top of the mountain. You should bear it in mind. I went shopping. Ma bazez pe tine sa-mi imprumuti niste bani.. 2. 4.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Reformulati urmatoarele fraze cu modul subjonctiv folosind constructia Nominativ cu Infinitiv.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. I-am privit jucând fotbal. 7. I went to post it. 7. 6. 9. 7.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . It is expected that he will arrive at 2 o’clock. It seemed that she was satisfied with me. Everybody. It’s time you started learning foreign languages. we sat down to dinner. I can’t solve it. It happened that she made three spelling mistakes in her letter. This is the main thing. 2. It’s time we met again.actrus. Page 6 of 6 2. I could hear her typing. It is important that you should come to the office. 7. This is a strange thing. 5. 4.html 31 of 42 12/15/04 . This problem is too difficult. the audience left the hali. Folositi drept subiect pronumele subliniate: Model: Her parents thought she was a gifted child. 8. They said she was ill.. Weather permitting. Stiam ca el e un om foarte ocupat. The match was about to begin. The time has come. I ordered a taxi.. I have closed the window. 6. 8. You should take it. 15. 9. 5. This is a good book. 3. The letter being written. Presupuneam ca el stie sa conduca masina. we hurried to the beach. The river having risen in the night. I went home relaxed. It was proved that she was a liar. 8. 7. 6. 13. 5. 2. 5. 3. 14. 7. 3. Ea m-a facut sa inteleg ce se intâmplase. This is a valuable piece of advice.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. 3. It is impossible that he should have said that. The dog was heard barking. 10. It is possible that I might buy a car. 1. I saw the peasants working in the field. Reformulati urmatoarele fraze cu modul subjonctiv folosind constructia „forphrase": Model: It is important that I should know the truth. I found her digging in the garden. Traduceti in limba româna urmatoarele propozitii cu constructia Nominativul absolut: 1. The plane having taken off. 2. It is necessary that he be present. 2.. 3. The mud having ruined my shoes. L-am vazut vorbind cu prietena lui. 6. 1. 8. Page 5 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . The rain having stopped. The decision being taken in my favour. at once. It is important to know the truth. We should do it now. The sun having risen. It is sure they have had an argument. 4. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind constructia „for-phrase": Model: This translation is easy. El m-a facut sa pierd trenul. I heard the child breaking the vase.
I have been cooking. The secretary is just typing a report. Are they swimming? 6. speaks. I don’t love. I haven’t been. Does he remember? 7. 4. 19. Last night. 14. my friends played chess. 4. 6. On Sundays. 20. He has always relied.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Did he translate? 10. 9. Do you usually get. What were you doing last Tuesday. 1 first met. 9. 7. Exercitiul 4: 1. 5. 4. Did he change? 5. at 7 o’clock in the morning? I was preparing to go to the faculty. 3. Does she talk? 3. 7. He has been sleeping. Have you visited? 12. Have you paid? 19. 3. Are you writing. it is raining. I have already seen. You aren’t typing. Do you smoke? 17. Yesterday. Have you ever eaten? 13. 8. Do you know? Exercitiul 4: l. We have known. I got up late yesterday morning. Have you been? I have been. Did I sell? 6. don’t understand. He met. am. I didn’t sell. Have you read? 18. http://quintet. 1t hasn’t rained. Is he telling? 4. I do not study in the evening. 10. the sun didn’t set at 8 o’clock. 14. were you doing? 7. 2. 2. 1 am cooking. 6. 11. He isn’t telling. Is my friend wearing? 7. Do I trust? 10. She doesn’t talk. 9. Who won the match the day before yesterday? 20. he was-learning. I have been asking. I didn’t enjoy. 5. 3. While it was raining. I don’t understand. 6. Did they drink? 3. go.. He didn’t forbid. 17. 8. The radio has been playing. Did we work? 7. Two days ago I fell and I broke my leg. Do I understand? 4. 17. My friend isn’t wearing. 10. 8. 14. 1 don’t like. 13. I had breakfast and then I left for school. I played. This time yesterday it was raining. he walks. Did I hate? 4. I was watching. do you do? 3. We aren’t studying. Do you dream? I dream 9. 8. What do you do on your free days? 12. I always have. Do I have? Exercitiul 2: l. Is the child learning? Exercitiul 3: l. he was working. Did he come? 8. Did he forbid? Exercitiul 3: 1. 6. Is Ann knitting? 10. 2. Does he have? 9. They didn’t drink. He sat for his first exam last week. 7. I like to swim a lot. he is having.html 32 of 42 12/15/04 . I5. That sounded. 17. Page 2 of 4 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri 1. Do I love? 2. It snows in winter. 13.. 10. Have you ever driven? 16.actrus. She is packing her luggage. the teacher was writing.actrus. Yesterday I lost my gloves. He hasn’t come. Am I having? 3. 2. My mother isn’t resting. You spoke. 14. I found this old photo. 2. We didn’t work. I entered. 9. write.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. Now I am doing my homework in English. Have you lived? I have lived. Is my mother resting? 8. He has just left. I arrived. While I was looking for my passport. 11 . 5. always borrow/is always borrowing. Page 1 of 4 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. Yesterday I got up early. 10. I have bought. 3. he realized. 19. She goes shopping on Saturdays. 7. 6. Do they live? 8. 5. 2. are you waiting? I am waiting. At what time does John get up in the morning? 11. 10. 4. I didn’t go to the swimming pool. They hid the cards away and took out their school books. He didn’t change. Did I enjoy? 9. Do you go? 16. 15. I don’t trust. I don’t like coffee. Have you watered? 3. I was driving to Sinaia. 4. I have just had. A strong wind was blowing when I left the house. 1 liked. 4. the engine – drivers have gone. were you going. I owned.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. Do I always believe? 6. Did he think? 2. 8. have you been. What are you doing? Are you reading or watching TV? 5. 7. he doesn’t get up early. Are you typing? 5. He doesn’t go to school by underground. 9. I don’t have. He didn’t think. remembers. Whom are you ringing up? 13. she was having. I met.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. 5. Exercitiul 2: l. 16. 8. I have’ been shopping. 5. he has caught. Do you play? 5. I was writing. How often do you write to your parents? 18. she has been trying. The customer is just choosing a pair of shoes. It isn’t raining. 4. I am not having. 6. I don’t always believe. Last Sunday. 18. Exercitiul 2: CHEIA EXERCITIILOR LECTIA I TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV Exercitii cu Present Simple si Continuous Exercitiul l: 1. am taking. 2. 20. They don’t live. are you hurrying? I don’t want. What book are you reading? 10. You drank. Are we studying? 9. drinks. he wasn’t wearing. They aren’t swimming. are you thinking? I am thinking. I didn’t hate.. 18. 10. Last week I was ill and 1 didn’t go to school. He didn’t come. have you cooked? 7. I haven’t written. I always made. Do you like? 8.. someone rang up. 20. I have been watering. Is it raining? 2. I have lent. I often read English books. He has been fishing. Where did you spend your holiday last summer? 15. When did you return from the mountains? 11. you came in. I am not going. He doesn’t remember. He didn’t translate. 12. The child isn’t learning. When did you buy this TV set? 12. have you been wearing? 6. is drinking. Exercitii cu Present Perfect Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: l. You don’t play. I slept. What are you speaking about? Exercitii cu Past Tense Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: 1. He hasn’t gone. Why are you opening the window? I5. He doesn’t have. You asked. 16. he had. The boys were playing cards when they heard their father entering the house. Ann isn’t knitting. 19. it often rains. 9. I was talking. When I go to the seaside. Did you sleep well last night? 3.
7. I have been doing. He will be studying in the library on Monday from one to five o’clock. had eaten. 9. will/shall will be climbing. Where have you spent your holiday this year? 3. You will not/won’t find. It has been snowing for two hours. he had got married. He hadn’t done anything before he asked for my advice. 2. it had been raining. What will you be doing tomorrow morning at 11 o’clock? I shall/will be visiting the international fair. I didn’t phone you because I thought you had gone abroad. 9. Have you ever tried? I tried. Exercitii cu Past Perfect Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: 1. he went. 8. we had been walking. 3. I rang him up. Exercitiul 2: 1. 3. I had returned. they will be having their last English class. 5. 9. he told. Exercitiul 3: 1. 5. 2. had spread. The train will have left before we arrive at the station.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. 9. he had thought. had been swimming. As soon as the guests had left. I stayed at home and I haven’t regretted it for a moment! 16. 3. 14. She had just gone out. he had learned/he had been learning. 2. Exercitiul 3: 1. I have seldom walked to my office. I shall/will have read 8. between twelve and one o’clock. I had it at 8 o’clock.. By 10 o’clock she will have finished cleaning the house. 3. he handed it to the teacher. Have you already had breakfast? Yes. 7. By the end of the month I shall/will have seen this film 5 times. I entered. As soon as he had finished writing the paper. Page 3 of 4 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. Have you been to this town before? Yes. 3. I had met. I have been translating a text for two hours and I haven’t finished it yet. she had already been. 7. Exercitiut 2: 1. Will you recognize? 4. 8. I shall/will succeed. 2. Who did you vote for at the last elections? I didn’t go to vote. I shall/will have saved five million lei. Because of the strike of the bus – drivers. I shall/will remember. I saw. he had caught. I went to bed. haven’t you seen? did you use? 2. He has written only two letters since he went abroad. You will have seen. I shall/will have paid off. She has changed. 6. 6. it had been raining. 8. 13. 19. 7. had left. I have lost. 4. they will have been married. will be crying. they had finished. 7. I shall/will be swimming. 15. 10. 4. He will be studying. 8. We have been walking since 3 o clock.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. had been speaking. 3. 6. He has been a Minister for two years. she told.. By this time next year. Where will you put it? http://quintet. we realized. began. I was sorry I had hurt him. 9. 4. We must replace it. He thanked me for what I had done for him. 10. Have you seen? she left. 10. Page 4 of 4 Exercitiul 3: I. 7.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 3. 10. They have been working on this house for a year and they haven’t finished it yet. He will be. It has been raining. 2. wilt be rising. 4. I shall/will have finished. I got up. I got. 10. A child has broken the window. 6. we had lost. 7. 4.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. I shall/will be working. 6. I found out. I didn’t succeed. 4. 4. he left an hour ago. had been climbing. I shall/will know. 5.. Exercitiul 4: 1. Have you been. 9. The secretary told me the manager had been speaking on the phone for half an hour. Look what I have bought at an auction! It’s a very beautiful object. 9. 18.actrus. 2. had listened. Exercitiul 4: 1. two years ago. congratulated. they had been waiting. Has John left? Yes. will have spent. 8. it will probably be raining. 8. I have often thought of taking a driving licence. 12. 6. I have been wearing. 7. 5. 10. it had been raining. 11. The weather has got warmer lately. I called. 10. 7. I have bought a typewriter and I shall learn to type. we asked. I shall/will have been cooking. 6. I realized I had left my bag at home. When I arrived at the bus stop. 9. I shall/will pass. many people will be going to work on foot tomorrow. How long have you been learning English? 5. he had visited. 7. she had been cleaning and dusting. 8. You will be. 2. had been cooking. she had not passed. he went. I returned. 10. Have you seen today’s newspaper? 17.actrus. Exercitiul 4: 1. I spent a month here. 6. They told me they had been living in France since 1980. We have walked 10 km so far. The child has been playing. 4. She will be watching. he had been. I shall/will have been working.. had been having. 6. she had been writing. 5. 3.html 33 of 42 12/15/04 . had not told. He has been. we left. she had been studying. Who has taught you to speak English so well? 2. 8. Will you be needing? 5. 10. They travelled to many countries after they had got married. 5. On Friday. What did you look at? It was an accident. We shall/will have taken. 2. 4. 10. Exercitii cu timpurile „Future" Exercitiul 1: 1. Wil1 you remember? 9. 5. will have risen. 9. Since I bought a car. 5. I was. I shall/will be having. 3. You will like. 6. 8. 20. they had been.
is born. He asked me how many letters there are in the Chinese alphabet and I couldn’t answer him. she has learnt. I promised him I would write to him when I arrived in London. 10. I have been reading. he would give. 16. you would soon have. I have received. 12. 9. I was. 2. 8. I will earn/will be earning. she looks. there are. Page 1 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU CONCORDANTA TIMPURI. 19.actrus. he had been travelling. 8. you are reading. 6.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU CONCORDANTA TIMPURI. is. we will drink. 16. they were talking. had failed.. I had done. you have drunk. 5. 15. he wanted. is. he would have. 14. 3. 11. 6. would end. 8. we reach. she notices you have broken. 2. 6. I would spend. I was. 2. 7. you see. 9. he would not remember. Exercitiul 6: 1. I work/I worked. 11. Exercitiul 3: 1. 9. they have done. you were. did not remember. 10. Father will give me a present after I have passed the exam. 4. 7. they have been. 20. melts. he had just left. is.. Exercitiul 4: 1. You had to type. I played/I was playing. I usually read. 10.html dictionary and he was not sure he would find a new one in the bookshops.actrus. 4. prices would go up. had already begun. you spoke. I would remain. 3. would not go. 6. 12. 14. he had not expected. they had been listening. he would win. arrive. I had not enjoyed. 8. 15. He was very upset because he had lost his http://quintet. they would remain. you see. 4. he would drive. 2. he had to write. I didn’t stay at home to wait for you because I didn’t know when you would come. he would finish. 8. 17. I want. 5.. he had never seen. 8. I didn’t remember that we had met a year before. Exercitiul 7: l. I read. 5. 4. Exercitiul 2: 1. begin. 9. 9. The secretary told me the manager was busy. 10. 2. 20. he would pass. will soon move. 18. she has changed. 5. you were. I had lost. he had eaten. I have. 10. 3. he hoped. 9. it would not be raining when I arrived. 3. he has repaired. The policeman will ask me what I have seen during the accident. you had been wearing. I finish. 10. you see. I finish. 19. 10. 7. 3.html 34 of 42 12/15/04 . The car I will buy will be imported from Germany. 12/15/04 http://quintet. 5. I knew you were in Bucharest. he would change. I will tell you the truth after I have found it myself. I had not eaten. you have read. 9. I had heard. I had read. 7. 2. 18. do not eat. was shining. 7. 5.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_2. he tells. he has arrived. 8. 4. 2.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_2. 4. 4.. 11. 13. you finish. 6. we had been digging. 3. 7. he trusted. Exercitiul 5: 1. you have just told. I have suffered. 12. Page 2 of 2 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA II Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor Exercitiul 1: 1. they had known. 6. would be cancelled. 3. 7. The thief did not realize that the police had been following him for a week. I had not decided. 13. he had left. 6. you do. he had stolen. 17. 5. we went.
If it rained.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_4. 9. He asked me why it was so dark in that room. 3. If dinner is not ready in time.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. If you hadn’t shut the window I would have been cold. He asked me if I would like a cake. He told me to open the door. 5. 7. 11. He told me to take that pill. you had driven. you were. If a beggar asked you for money. He asked me if my mother had been at home. He told me to ring him up when I arrived home.English. 5. He asked me if I drank coffee every day.html 35 of 42 12/15/04 . I will eat at a restaurant. would you give him some? 3. he leaves. 7. 6. she will be. 4. I would buy. 4. 5. He said if he had enough money he would buy a car the next year. would you go? Exercitiul 3: l. http://quintet. I will answer. Exercitiul 1: LECTIA IV Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si indirecta 1. You would catch the train if you took a taxi. I wouldn’t do. 8. 2. 9. I saw. 5. 6. 6. You would have caught the train if you had taken a taxi.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU FRAZE CONDITIONALE Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 1 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VORBIREA DIRE. 10. 4. 12. 2. He asked me who that man was. He asked me if the train had left. Mamaia would be an ideal place for a holiday if there weren’t so many people there. 10. I moved. Exercitiul 4: 1. He told me to be careful with his books. Exercitiul 4: l. 8. Would you buy? 4. 9. He told me not to interrupt him when he was speaking.actrus. 3. the streets would have been wet. He asked me if I could come to tea that afternoon. he would have told. I had not told. he had realized. I had known.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_3. Exercitiul 2: 1. 9. he would not make. 9. He said he had gone to England two years before. 5. He asked me when the rain had stopped. 5. 6. You will catch the train if you take a taxi. 8. 2. 3. He said if he had been at home he would have answered the phone. Will you be angry if I take your pencil? 8. you will be. 10. 8. 3. 5. He asked me if I could lend him a book. We won’t go for a walk if the rain doesn’t stop/unless the rain stops. I gave up. I knew. 7. He asked me what I was going to do the next day. I would have answered. you will not pass. 7. 8. I would like the play more if it were shorter. He asked me if I knew what that word meant/means. He asked me if 1 had been at the library the day before. I will greet 2. 2. He told me not to cross the street on a red light. 10. you take. 3. I will lend. Would you have been angry if I had taken your pencil? 10. 3. 9. Exercitiul 5: 1. 10. 6. you will be. 9. 2. you wouldn’t have got. 12. 9. He asked me if I would help him. If it had rained. 10. I will be disappointed if I don’t find out the truth. 7.. You will see him if you wait. 2. He said he was going to have a nap that afternoon. What will you do if you meet John? 11. He asked me how I had travelled. 4. 5. He said he thought it was going to rain the next day. 4. Would you be angry if I took your pencil? 9.actrus. He said he was very busy on that day. He said the weather had been fine the day before. the streets will be wet. 3. 4. 2. I would knit another sweater if I had more wool. He asked me if I had bought that book the day before. It would have been. He told me to write him a letter when I got to England. 3. 7. the streets would be wet. 4. 8. He told/asked/ordered me not to drive so fast. 10.. He said he didn’t remember where he had bought that dictionary. I had worked. 5. 6. I would not have made. you will not find. He asked me if I had lived in London for a long time. 3. I were. 7. He told me to read that text. 11. 9. 10 He asked me if I could speak English. he would take. 2. I would have answered. He asked me which of those cakes I preferred. you would have read. What would have happened if you had driven at a high speed? 4. 7. 7. Exercitiul 3: 1. He said she would go shopping right then. He asked me where I would spend my weekend. 6. I will buy. 8. you had invited. it goes on. If it rains. 2. What would you have done if you had met John? Exercitiul 6: l. 8. Exercitiul 2: 1. He said he had spent his holiday at the seaside the year before. What would you do if you meet John? 12. 6. 4. he had tried. 8. he will get. will you promise? 6. Page 1 of 1 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA III Exercitii cu fraze conditionale Exercitiul 1: l. He told me not to smoke so much. 10. 6. He asked me how long I had been learning . He asked me how long it took me to reach my office. 7. 5. He said he had seen that film a week before. He said John had left for Sinaia two days before. He asked me when I would be back.
4. Foreign languages are spoken in this hotel. The work will be finished today (by them). The museum was shown to the tourists (by the guide). They are taught English (by me). Your bag has been found (by him). Will the letter be written in ink? 3. Was he shocked by the sight of the accident? 8. A new supermarket was being built in that district last month. A new house is being built round the corner (by them). Don’t speak until you are spoken to (by someone). His bed hasn’t been slept in (by him). http://quintet. I will be given a reward (by them). 5. The tourists were shown the museum (by the guide). Exercitiul 3: 1. 6. Exercitiul 2: 1. My friend recommended me a very good doctor. 12. 15. 5. We will be shown the way by the policeman. 7. when I passed by. 8. I have been given a nice present (by them). John has been lent two of my books (by me). A reward will be given to me (by them). We will be given detailed instructions about the paper. Something must be done for him by his coworkers. Do you think your request will be turned down? 10. I was asked a difficult question by the teacher.html 36 of 42 12/15/04 . 7. 8. The Great Prize was awarded to the Romanian film director (by the jury). 9. Two of my books have been lent to John (by me). John was laughed at (by us). My friend will be invited to a party (by me). 2. 2. The missing child has been found (by someone). I’m not always told the truth by my friend. When he arrived home he realized his wallet had been stolen. They have built this house out of stone and cement. 3.: 3. The museum was closed for repairs. This stamp hasn’t been well stuck on the envelope. Has the TV set been repaired? 2.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. My TV set will be repaired by a specialist. 11. 3. Some pills were prescribed to the patient (by the doctor).CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU DIATEZA PASIVA Page 1 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU DIATEZA PASIVA Page 2 of 2 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA V Exercitii cu diateza pasiva Exercitiul 1: 1. They held a reception in his honour. The teacher will tell the pupils where to sit. The letter will be mailed as soon as possible. The rescue party finally discovered the climber. 2. The patient was prescribed some pills (by the doctor). He hates people making fun of him. The children weren’t looked after properly (by them). The house was broken into (by burglars). 10. The meanings of the new words must be looked up in the dictionary. 13. 10.actrus. 6. All the visitors of the museum admire this painting. 7. His proposal was objected to (by us). 3.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_5. Will the details be told to him? Will he be told the details? 6. 9. 5. The truth is not always told to me by my friend. 4. 4. 3. 8. 4. 9. 4. America was discovered at the end of the 15th century. 6. 7. 5. 14. 6. Haven’t you been told to be here at 6 o’clock? 4. Many new blocks are being built in our district. People speak English all over the world. 8. 2. The Romanian film director was awarded the Great Prize (by the jury). Nothing has been heard about him since he left for Constanta. His odd behaviour couldn’t be accounted for (by us). We were asked to show our passports. Were you frightened by the tornado? 5.actrus. Football is played all over the world. This piece of information must be treated confidentially. Exercitiul 4: 1. 5. 6. A nice present has been given to me (by them). The doctor was called for (by us). Has the dog been fed? 7. 7. Detailed instructions will be given to us about the paper. People will soon forget this book. 9. Were you told about the meeting? 9. People mustn’t take away these books. 9. English is taught to them (by me). A difficult question was asked of me by the teacher. very interesting things were told to us at the conference. The professor’s lecture was listened to by all the students. Exercitiul 6: l. 10. I was frightened by the noise. 2. The event was commented on by all the newspapers. Would your work have been finished sooner if you hadn’t been interrupted by your colleagues? Exercitiul 5: 1. 10. We were told very interesting things at the conference. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_5. The way will be shown to us by the policeman. Fire was set to the shed (by them).
You will not be allowed/permitted to smoke. I must change my shoes when I enter the house because they are full of mud. 13. He needn’t have bought. 3. 5. 5.html 37 of 42 . 11.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. Exercitiul 5: 1. „Do you think he will marry that girl?" etc. You can’t have been. 6. I will have to leave soon. needn’t. 3. 16. 18. 2. She may/might be very late. 9. can’t. 10. would. The child was allowed/permitted to have. 1. 4: She must be a very good doctor. Exercitiul 12: 1. can’t have left. must have left. would. I couldn’t translate. didn’t need to wait. can’t have done. All the students can and must write this paper. 10. needn’t have written. 9. 3. would. 12. 15. 9. She may/might have returned. 2. 10. You needn’t have done. 17. 19. can’t have swum. 4. 14. I ought to/should have read the bibliography for the seminar. The teacher told me I might skip the next class. 2. I will have to learn. It can’t be his fault. because she was to come to my place in half hour’s time. 3. 8. Could you help? Will you be able to help? 9. 7. 4. 9. needn’t. It can’t have been his fault. needn’t have got up. needn’t. 3. You might have written. 4. 7. I didn’t need to ring up Jane in order to speak to her. I had to learn. She will be able to lend. 6. 5. He must have been. The child will be allowed/permitted to have. 5. You needn’t carry your luggage in the station yourself. Exercitiul 4: l. needn’t. You won’t have to do. can. He must have been delayed. I will have to go. 8. I had to look up. He should have gone. 6. can’t have seen. can’t. must have been. must have taken. 12. 2. 5. 14. I can’t knit. She will be able to read and write. 7. It can t have been. Everybody will be allowed/permitted to borrow. 8. 3. Exercitiul 8: l. You were not allowed/permitted to speak.actrus. He won’t be allowed/permitted to come. 2. 13. It may/might rain. 10. Exercitiul 11: 1. 7. He can’t be at the office. No. Exercitiul 3: 1. Need we walk up to the chalet? 15. He can’t have passed. You will be allowed/permitted to leave. didn’t need to see. will. 9. 6. I won t be able to translate. will. He may have been. 9. 4. He could read and write. mustn’t. She will be able to play. would. must have been. will. 4. 6. It can’t have been. It must have taken a long time. should. 3. 17. She could play. 2. He may/might have done. can’t have rained. 4. 2. 6. 10. Everybody shall be present at the meeting. You must have forgotten. a porter could help you. 9. didn’t need to buy. 7. She could lend. 8. 8. 5. will.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 10. John could have been. 9. She can’t have married. Was I not allowed/permitted to walk? Shall I be not allowed/permitted to walk? 11. mustn’t. mustn’t. You might have paid. Everybody was allowed/permitted to borrow. needn’t have bought. 5. 5. would. I will have to look up. He must have come home. 8. He will be able to swim. 13. You needn’t have made 12/15/04 http://quintet. It may/might be a good one. You were allowed/permitted to leave. will. 1 am sure I will be able to find time to help you. You will have to help me more today. Could Jane type? Will Jane be able to type? 17. You can’t miss the train. 10. shall. This can’t be a true story. 5. can. 3. mustn’t. 6. 4. 2. should. 8. 20. 2. 4. 9. You may ring me up more often when you know I am ill. I had to go. Sensuri posibile: „Do you think he will try to enter the faculty?". 10. didn’t need to answer. She can’t have learned English. 7. Could he speak? Will he be able to speak? 18. You must have known the lesson. You didn’t have to do. 16. 2. Exercitiul 13: 1. should. You were not allowed/permitted to smoke. 8. 7. 14. You shouldn’t have gone. You should have visited. Exercitiul 10: 1. 10. He must be older. She may/might have been angry. 10. He must have been late. Exercitiul 2: 1. can. S. 8. You might have changed. 7.actrus. A good knowledge of English may/might help you.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE Exercitiul 6: Page 2 of 3 LECTIA VI Exercitii cu verbe modale Exercitiul 1: 1. I may/might come home. needn’t have waited. needn’t. 3. Did you have to be? Will you have to be? 20. 7. 16. Exercitiul 7: 1. She may/might have been out. 10. 11. 6. should. You must have left your umbrella. 2. mustn’t. needn’t have answered. All the children ought to/should do some housework. 7. This must be the best. 5. 6. needn’t have lent. 12. I could play the piano when I was a child. 19. can. He may/might have been right. 4. 2. He must think. She can’t have got. shall. will. 7. 4. 3. 5. 6. 9. shall. 5. needn’t have lent. 4. Exercitiul 9: 1.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. You can’t have seen. would. 15. 6. He was not allowed/permitted to come. The weather can’t change. He ought to have told. John must have been. It must have been. 3 It might have rained. He could swim. 3. 8. shall. we may/might take the bus or the ski-lift. 6. You won’t be allowed/permitted to speak.
9. I wish they would sign the contract. I would become. 20. 3. you closed. 7.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_7. 16. my telephone worked. 23. Will you. 2. 3. You ought to/should have insisted. I stayed. I have already drunk two. 25. I were. I wish I didn’t have only one child. Exercitiul 5: l. 6. he told. you started. I asked to speak to the manager but he wouldn’t come to the phone. we could go to the beach. I promise you. I wish I were a student. 7. I wish you had won the competition. please. 9. 18.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. I wish I hadn’t been late for the party. 6. you owned. today. 29. 9. I wish you would come on holiday with me. 10. watched. you didn’t waste. I wish you didn’t live so far away.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. I would rather you went to the theatre. 16. too. 22. you shall have the book tomorrow. I wish it didn’t rain so often. I hadn’t forgotten. I wish/If only you were tidier! 5. 8. as I knew the information was recorded on tape. It’s time you paid me back the money I lent you. 2. Tomorrow I will have to mail the letter. 7. you were. It’s high time you started reading the books required for the exam in Romanian literature. we went. You can’t have found the door open. I wish you stopped complaining because I have my own troubles. wait for a few minutes? 30. 11. I wished the weather hadn’t been bad when I was on holiday. 10. 7. 10. I would rather I went/I would rather go to the theatre. I wish I would spend my holiday in England. 2. I wish I had won the Great Prize. 4. 12. I must have been still at the faculty. Why did you speak so loud? Somebody might have heard you. I wish/If only I were young again! 8. 15. 8. I wish/If only I hadn’t made so many mistakes in the test-paper! 2. Where shall we go now? 28. 11. 9. You can’t/couldn’t have been at home last night. 18.actrus.actrus. I wish he would accept my proposal. 8.. I wished you hadn’t got a fine.. 3. I wish he wouldn’t be away for such a long time. You may not speak during the exam. 1 wish I had children. hadn’t caught a cold. It’s 10 o’clock! Don’t you think it’s high time you got up and started working? 15. his daughter didn’t get married. 14. You speak as if you were angry with http://quintet. I wish I lived in Bucharest. S. Exercitiul 4: 1. Exercitiul 3: 1. I wish I wouldn’t get fat when giving up smoking. I wish you hadn’t had an accident. I wish you hadn’t been delayed at the office. I wished you hadn’t been out when I called. I got. stopped. 13. I had locked it myself 27. Do you wish you had been invited to John’s party? 7. I would rather you got up earlier. 4. 10. I wish books weren’t so expensive. 6. 4. I wish my friend weren’t ill. I wish I had money to buy that painting. I wished you had been able to come to me yesterday. 2. 9. 19. 21. 12. I wish I would have a phone in my new flat. I wish I could go to the concert. LECTIA VII Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv Exercitiul 1: 1. I wish I could pay the piano. 4. I rang you up and nobody answered. 20. I wish he wouldn’t stay in hospital so long. 3. I wish you stopped that noise right away! 3. I didn’t need to say „thank you" when I found out the exact time by dialing number 958. 10. 6. I were. 26. Exercitiul 2: l. Page 1 of 2 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri coffee for me. She looks as if she were a model. I would rather I got up/I would rather get up earlier. I wish/If only it didn’t rain! If it didn’t rain. his book would become. 4. 19. 13.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE Page 3 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU MODUL SUBJON. 14. S. I had entered.html 38 of 42 12/15/04 . 24. 6. 5. The teacher can’t/couldn’t have been satisfied with this answer. 8. he would have. I wish I would able to read Goethe in the original. he took. 17. 5. I wish you would take a driving licence.
It is possible for the plane to be delayed. She was said to be ill. She made me understand what had happened. It’s time for us to meet again. 4. She was seen fainting. The hunters were heard shooting. 20. you shouldn’t lie to me. 5. 10. 3. hadn’t broken down. she should have left. This is the main thing for us to do. you retired.actrus. you may/might understand. He was expected to resign. 10. 3.. 8. I suggested that we (should) elect him president. My friend insisted that I (should) go to the concert with him. 4. Exercitiul 9: 1. 7. 4. 7. She could be heard typing. It is impossible for him to have said that. 12. 3. 5. he were.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_7. 17. 6. I heard her scold/scolding her child. but I would rather you went to your grandparents in the countryside. John admitted the fault to be his. Whatever you may/might tell me. The baby was heard crying. 3. 3. 13. It is necessary that I (should) be present at the meeting? Exercitiul 7: 1. He wanted me to help him. I will be at home waiting for you. 8. It is necessary for you to study the matter seriously. 1 knew him to be a very busy man. She was thought to be unable to win the contest. It is impossible that he should have returned so early. 15. 5. She seemed to be satisfied with me. 6. 6. Exercitiul 4: 1. you shouldn’t have believed it.actrus. I made a loan so that I might buy the house. 1. 17. Move aside so that I may/might see the screen. Speak louder so that I may/might hear you. 5. 6. 9. Exercitiul 3: Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 2 LECTIA VIII Exercitii cu constructiile verbale 1. 8. No matter how hard you may/might try. The boy was found breaking the window. She was seen lying on the beach. Whenever you may/might return. Page 2 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU CONSTRUCTIIL. 5. The manager proposed that 1 (should) work in another department.. Mother would like me to become a doctor. 5. 4. it should get. I would find. they (should) divorce. It is advisable for you to resign. 2. 9. you may/might be. 8. He was believed to be a brilliant surgeon. 7. She (was) proved to be a liar. 7. 16. 19. I watched them playing football. 6. Exercitiul 8: 1. It was strange that she shouldn’t have read this book. He was heard to repeat it several times. I ordered a taxi for her not to miss the train. He spoke to me as if nothing had happened between us. It is possible that she might be away. 12. Exercitiul 6: http://quintet. 18. may attend. 7. 9.. 8.. I think him to be a good husband. 13. 8. I have closed the window for you not to catch a cold. 18. 9. He entered the house noiselessly so that I might not hear him. 14. I can’t believe you. It is annoying that you should have forgotten to bring me back the book. Whoever may/might have told you this about me. 11. 8. The plane was seen landing. The peasants were seen working in the field. Mother decided that we (should) stay at home. Exercitiul 2: 1. 3. They are sure to have had an argument. 6. I insist that you (should) accept this job. 2. It is necessary for him to be present. 2. This is a valuable piece of advice for you to take. Do you mean it is likely that we (should) spend our holiday in Brasov? 10. I rely on you to lend me some money. I understand her to be a very good teacher. 4. (should) have. She happened to make three spelling mistakes in her letter. He is expected to arrive at 2 o’clock. 14. 4. She behaves to him as if he were his husband. It is necessary that you (should) be informed about what is happening in the country. It’s time for you to start learning foreign languages. 19. I had been. 8. The time has come for us to have a heart to heart talk. might prosper. Exercitiul 5: 1. This is a good book for you to read. The manager requested that everybody (should) be present at 8 o’clock.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. he were. 7. It is important that you (should) know English well. 5. He made me miss the train. Whatever the reason may/might be. 2. 10. 2. 6. I expected you to come earlier. 5. The child was heard breaking the vase. 9. 10. 10. you can’t win such a competition. 9. 2. This is a strange thing for her to have said. It is important for you to come to the office at once. 4. 8. It is likely that my son should have passed the exam. 3. 2. I saw him speaking to his friend. Jane wishes I would spend my weekend with her. She was found digging in the garden. it might not get. I supposed him to be able to drive a car. 2. 6. 4. 11. It is recommendable for you to read this book.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU MODUL SUBJON. Exercitiul 6: Exercitiul 1: 1. 3. I saw some children playing in the park. we (should) leave. He suggested that we (should) buy this house. we should take. 7. 5. This fact is important for you to bear in mind. 2. The teacher suggests that we (should) read this book.html 39 of 42 12/15/04 . I know you wish you would spend your holiday in a camp. 4. 7. you should have. It is very important that this contract (should) be signed very soon. me. 9. I had. It is possible for me to buy a car. The people were impatient for the match to begin.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_8. 6. 20. This problem is too difficult for me to solve. 10. 3. 15. should have told. 10. It is impossible that he (should) return so early. 7. 9.
Concertul fiind terminat.. ne-am asezat la cina. am plecat acasa linistit.actrus. 6. Toata lumea fiind acasa. ne era teama sa nu avem inundatii. Dupa ce avionul a decolat am incetat sa fumez. were bore beat became began bent bit blew broke brought built burnt burst bought caught chose came cost crept cut dealt dug did drew been borne.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_8. Daca vremea va permite. am plecat la cumparaturi. 7. Scrisoarea fiind scrisa. 5.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU CONSTRUCTIIL. am mers sa o pun la posta. 2.. ne-am grabit spre plaja.html 40 of 42 12/15/04 .ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10. LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE to be to bear to beat to become to begin to bend to bite to blow to break to bring to build to burn to burst to buy to catch to choose to come to cost to creep to cut to deal to dig to do to draw was. 9. vom urca pâna la vârful muntelui.actrus. 3. born beaten become begun bent bitten blown broken brought built burnt burst bought caught chosen come cost crept cut dealt dug done drawn http://quintet. 8. Page 2 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 1 of 5 1. 10. Intrucât noroiul imi stricase pantofii. Intrucât ploaia incetase. Intrucât soarele rasarise. publicul a parasit sala. 4. a trebuit sa-i schimb. Decizia fiind luata in favoarea mea. Intrucât râul crescuse in timpul noptii.
ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10. learned left lent let lay lost made meant mowed met paid put read rode rang rose ran said saw sought sold set known laid led leant learnt.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10.html 41 of 42 12/15/04 .actrus.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 2 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 3 of 5 to dream to drink to drive to eat to fall to feed to feel to fight to find to fly to forbid to forget to forgive to freeze to give to go to grow to hang to have to hear to hide to hit to hold to hurt to keep to kneel dreamt drank drove ate fell fed felt fought found flew forbade forgot forgave froze gave went grew hung had heard hid hit held hurt kept knelt dreamt drunk driven eaten fallen fed felt fought found flown forbidden forgotten forgiven frozen given gone grown hung had heard hidden hit held hurt kept knelt to know to lay to lead to lean to learn to leave to lend to let to lie to lose to make to mean to mow to meet to pay to put to read to ride to ring to rise to run to say to see to seek to sell to set knew laid led leant learnt.actrus. learned left lent let lain lost made meant mown met paid put read ridden rung risen run said seen sought sold set http://quintet.
html 42 of 42 12/15/04 .actrus.actrus.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 4 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 5 of 5 to sew to shake to shine to shoot to show to shrink to shut to sing to sink to sleep to slide to smell to sow to speak to spell to spend to spill to spread to stand to stea1 to stick to stride Capitolul precedent sewed shook shone shot showed shrank shut sang sank slept slid smelt sowed spoke spelt spent spilt spread stood stole stuck strode Cuprins sewn shaken shone shot shown shrunk shut sung sunk slept slid smelt sown spoken spelt spent split spread stood stolen stuck stridden Capitolul urmator to swim to take to teach to tell to think to throw to understand swam took taught told thought threw understood swum taken taught told thought thrown understood to strike to strive to swear to sweep struck strove swore swept struck Index Cursuri striven sworn swept http://quintet.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.