This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
This beautiful Origami flower is a favourite of mine. I learned this one at school, and made dozens of them for all my friends (and they loved them by the way!)
This flower works well in both patterned and plain papers, so experiment with different papers and perhaps put them together in a bouquet. For a printable pdf version of the flower instructions, click here. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to open the .pdf file. You can get Adobe Reader here
1. Start with a square piece of paper, white side up. Fold the paper in half, crease well and open, and then fold again in the other direction.
2. Turn the paper over to the coloured side. Fold the paper in half, crease well and open, and then fold again in the other direction. Your creases should look like this.
3. Using the creases you have made, Bring the top 3 corners of the model down to the bottom corner. Flatten model.
4. Fold toward centre line and unfold.
5. Using the crease you have just made, open and flatten this flap.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 on the other 3 flaps of the model.
7. µTurn the page¶ of the front and back flaps; so your model looks like this.
8. Lift the top layer up, folding along the crease shown.
9. Now repeat step 8 on the remaining 3 flaps, so the model now looks like this.
10. Turn over and make sure there are equal pleats behind each side of model.
11. Pinch these two creases through all layers.
12. Now pinch the narrow end to make the edges meet behind the model.
Now form the petals by pinching the ends. Holding the narrow point of the model very loosely.13. Browse other diagrams like this Origami Flower . 14. Finished Flower. and slightly folding back these tips. pull the outermost petals toward each other until they meet.
Start with your paper coloured side up. It takes a little longer than the other simple flowers. and you could make a few of different sizes to group together if you like. click here You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to open the . Turn the paper over and fold in half diagonally and in both directions. You can get Adobe Reader here 1. because the end result is worth it! Make the lily with colourful or patterned paper so it looks it's best. it creates a lovely display. as shown. Crease 2. also know as the iris.. Fold in half. Crease well . is a beautiful design. then in half again.. For a printable . but stick with it.pdf file.pdf version of the lily instructions.Origami Lily Instructions The origami lily.
bring them both down to the centre point on the bottom line. Flatten model. . 4. and open out once again. Fold the top triangle into the centre and unfold.well. then open out again. This is called a waterbomb base. open out the triangle and flatten. Holding the points shown. 3. Using this crease.
The model will now look like this. 9. 7. 8. lift the bottom point of the model (the uppermost layer only) up to the top point. Fold the whole model in half and open. Repeat steps 6. 6. You¶ll need to repeat step 4 on all four of the flaps of the waterbomb base. Now fold down each of these triangles. 11. crease well then open. On the uppermost diamond. 7 and 8 on each if the four sides. Using the creases made in step 6 and 7. bringing in the sides of the model at the same time. The model should now look like this. Rotate model upside down.5. fold the outside corners into the centre line. so the open part is at the top. 10. as shown. on all four sides. .
Completed Lily! Browse other models like the origami lily .12. The model should now look like this. 14. Fold the outer flaps toward the centre and flatten. Fold down all petals. Repeat step 12 on all four sides of the model. opening the flower as you go. 13.
3. Fold the paper in half. Fold the top corner of the paper down to the bottom corner. crease well and open. and then fold again in the other direction. Flatten model. Bring the top 3 corners of the model down to the bottom corner. Then fold the paper in half sideways.Diagram Instructions 1. Using the creases you have made. 2. Turn the paper over to the white side. Start with a square piece of paper. . coloured side up. Crease and open again.
Flatten down.4. crease well and unfold. 6. Open the uppermost flap of the model. 5. Fold top of model downwards. creasing well. . Fold top triangular flaps into the centre and unfold. bringing it upwards and pressing the sides of the model inwards at the same time.
Turn model over and repeat Steps 4-6 on the other side. 9. then open again. Fold legs upward along the outside edges. .7. Use these creases to inside reverse fold these parts. 8.
pull the tail gently outwards. Inside reverse fold the head. To make the wings flap forward. Then partially open them up again. Finished flapping bird. check the video at the top of the page! Browse Other Models Similar to the Origami Flapping Bird . For more detail.10. and fold down the wings as shown.
It¶s almost like turning the corner ³inside out´. For a third time. Turn model over and fold each corner into the centre. You can get Adobe Reader here 1. 4. Fold diagonally both ways and open. 3. while slowly pulling the petal from behind. Fold each corner inwards a small amount. Repeat on all corners. Fold each corner into the centre once again. to the front. fold each corner into the centre. click here. Fold each corner into the centre. Start with white side up. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to open the . . To form the petals. 5.pdf file. 6. 2. press down on the point shown. 7.For a printable pdf version of the lotus instructions.
The third set doesn¶t need to be turned ³inside out´. but the corner from the point shown. Finished Lotus. Learn to make other models like the origami lotus. The second set of petals are formed the same way.8. 9. just folded normally from below the first set. .
Form the 3D rose by taking each top right corner and folding to next quadrant. Make these creases. Flatten. 1. 2. counter clockwise. Form rose within the 7. Form the 4 corners. Turn over. Fold down edges . 5. as some of the three-dimensional folds can be challenging. Turn over and 8. 3. 6.Diagram Instructions These diagrams are designed to be used with the video of the folding method. 4. This is because this model is best learned by being shown directly. They are meant as a "memory jogger" only. while rotating counter-clockwise.
open centre of flower and smooth. Roll the petals down to curve them. by pressing down slightly at the base.palm of your hand. . smooth inside of rose. For other beautiful instructions similar to the Origami Rose. Finished rose. 9. 10. and tuck in to form the bottom of the rose. click here. Turn over.
2. Start with your paper white side up. Then fold in half the opposite way and unfold.pdf file.. Made with special paper and with you own hands. click here. You can get Adobe Reader here 1.pdf version of the heart instructions. Fold the top and the bottom edges into the centre line 3. what could be sweeter? For a printable .Origami Heart Instructions The origami heart is such a thoughtful gift for a loved one. Fold in half and unfold. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to open the . Fold the two bottom corners up to the top centre point and unfold ..
8. The model should now look something like this. 9. Push the two triangles together underneath the 10.4. Still holding the model together. Fold all four corners in to the creases just made. 11. so the model now looks like this. Lay flat on the table. 7. and bring these corners together. bring the outside edges toward each other. 5. Now fold the 2 top corners down to the bottom centre point and unfold. Use these creases to inside reverse fold these corners. Fold the two top corners down to the crease shown and unfold. . 6. as shown. Now we are going to form the heart. Fold the outside edges in to the points shown and unfold. Hold the model by the corners.
model. Finished Heart! Browse other models like the origami heart . Then fold the tips inward 13. 12. Fold the triangles back up. Fold the uppermost flaps down.
bring them both down to the centre point on the bottom line. 5. Fold front flaps of top triangles downwards. Start with your paper white side up. . then in half again. Crease well. Fold in half. 4. Fold front triangles in to centre line. Turn the paper over and fold in half diagonally and in both directions. creasing well.1. 2. 6. then open out again. Holding the points shown. Crease well and open out once again. Flatten model. 3. This is called a waterbomb base. as shown. Fold edges to centre line.
. Move top flap to the right. 8. 10. diagonally. Crease front flap into toward centre line. Move top flap to the left. Fold again. 11. 12. 16. 14. Crease top flap in toward centre line. Turn over and fold bottom corners in to centre. then tuck into pockets. 9.7. Fold front flap to the left. Open out the ears. Fold top layers outward along creases shown. Move the next flap to the right 13. 15.
17. To inflate bunny. Learn to make other lovely origami models just like the origami puffy bunny. blow into its nose! Finished Puffy Bunny. . 18. Then fold back again. Fold nose under to form crease shown.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?