P. 1
Causes of Hair Loss

Causes of Hair Loss

5.0

|Views: 1,251|Likes:
Published by sankarnad
Hair Loss is a problem that affects millions worldwide. There is a normal cycle for hair growth. 85% of our hair in the scalp are growing at any point of time. The other 15% are in a resting position. After 2 months the resting hair fall and new hair grow. It is a very natural process for everyone to shed some hair and grow some hair. But some people experience excessive hair loss due to many reasons. 80% of hair loss cases can be treated effectively. There are various hair loss remedies and hair loss treatments available to cure hair loss.
Hair Loss is a problem that affects millions worldwide. There is a normal cycle for hair growth. 85% of our hair in the scalp are growing at any point of time. The other 15% are in a resting position. After 2 months the resting hair fall and new hair grow. It is a very natural process for everyone to shed some hair and grow some hair. But some people experience excessive hair loss due to many reasons. 80% of hair loss cases can be treated effectively. There are various hair loss remedies and hair loss treatments available to cure hair loss.

More info:

Categories:Types, Research
Published by: sankarnad on Jul 11, 2008
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOC, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

11/07/2012

pdf

text

original

Causes of Hair Loss

Hair Loss is a problem that affects millions worldwide. There is a normal cycle for hair growth. 85% of our hair in the scalp are growing at any point of time. The other 15% are in a resting position. After 2 months the resting hair fall and new hair grow. It is a very natural process for everyone to shed some hair and grow some hair. But some people experience excessive hair loss due to many reasons. 80% of hair loss cases can be treated effectively. There are various hair loss remedies and hair loss treatments available to cure hair loss. Firstly let’s discuss the causes of hair loss. A number of things can cause excessive hair fall like a long illness or post surgery. Even the thyroid gland being overactive or under active can cause hair loss. Having too much tea, coffee, deep fried food, spicy or sour food or smoking excessively can also increase acidity in the body and cause hair loss. Menopause can also be a cause of hair loss. Some medicines can cause hair loss too, as can some infection. Another reason could be pregnancy. Generally for 2-3 months after delivery there is excessive hairfall due to hormonal changes. Some kind of birth control pills or antidepressants can also be a cause for hair loss. Low blood circulation can also cause hair loss as the scalp does not receive adequate nourishment. Anemia and general weakness should be a telling sign. Typhoid and some other diseases can also cause sudden excessive hair fall. Stress, tension, anxiety are well-known causes. Heredity can also be an important factor. Hair loss can occur due to excessive shampooing and blow drying too. Hair loss can be caused due to habits like compulsive hair pulling (trichotillomania) or rubbing the scalp harshly. There are many hair loss products available which do solve the problem to an extent. Some may have dangerous side effects. Here we are attempting to put forth natural recipes that cure hair loss and provide an effective solution for many other hair related problems as well.

Hair Loss Treatment
Hair loss is as common a problem today as any other. It afflicts both men and women. We tend to suffer from more than normal hair fall at some or the other stage in our life. Most pills and allopathic treatments have some or the other side-effects. We need to understand that there are natural options available for all ailments, including chronic hair loss. We should help our body to naturally return to its balanced state. Hair loss due to thyroid can be treated by treating the thyroid gland. In cases of hormonal imbalance due to pregnancy or menopause, correcting the hormonal imbalance usually solves the problem of hair loss. During pregnancy hair tends to remain in the resting phase for a prolonged period. Post-delivery, the hormonal levels change suddenly and this hair tends to fall off over s short period of time. thus the hair loss seems excessive. The hair growth returns to normal as the new cycle of hair growth progresses. Excessive hair loss stops on its own some months after delivery as the body returns to the normal hormonal levels. If the excessive hair loss is due to some medication, you are advised to ask your doctor to prescribe some alternatives in its place. There are various natural remedies available to combat the problem of hair loss. Many of them are described in the next section.

Natural Cure for Hair Loss
Following are some of the less commonly known and yet astonishingly simple hair loss remedies. They are absolutely natural with zero side effects.

1. Rubbing your left and right hand nails with each other is a powerful hair loss solution and
causes faster hair growth. It is extremely simple yet very effective. You need to fold both your palms inwards and place the fingernails of both hands against each other. Then with regular swift motions, rub them against each other. There are nerve endings below the nails which are connected to your scalp. This rubbing procedure increases the blood flow to the scalp and helps in strengthening the roots. It not only helps in curbing hair loss, but also leads to regrowth of lost hair in people suffering from baldness or alopecia areata. And if that is not good enough, it also brings back the color naturally thus getting rid of the problem of gray hair. Trust me, it is the best thing you could do for your hair. It is simple and can be done anywhere anytime. Do it for about 5-7 minutes twice a day. It is tried and tested and will definitely show results. You need to be patient though. You will begin to notice a difference in about a month and by the end of 6 months you would probably be successful in ridding yourself of all your hair problems.

2. Coconut milk is another magic potion for your hair. Take a dry coconut and grate it. Grind
to a fine paste and then sieve through a soft fine cloth to collect the milk of the coconut. Make around 1-2 cups of milk depending on the length of your hair. Apply the milk on the scalp and hair and leave to dry. Keep it for about 2 hrs and then rinse your hair with normal water (do not apply shampoo). This will leave the pure coconut oil in your hair. Keep the oil for 24 hours and shampoo the following day. This process will make your hair softer and smoother to touch and you will see an almost immediate drastic reduction in your rate of hair loss. For chronic cases of hair loss, do this once a week. Eventually once the problem is resolved completely, you can do this once in 2 or 3 weeks. It helps not only in reducing hair fall but also improves the overall health and texture of hair. 3. Massage your scalp with a good hair oil at least twice a week. Be careful not to be too harsh. Use your finger tips to gently stimulate the blood vessels on your scalp. 4. Add small pieces of a medium sized onion to a cup of rum. Leave for 24 hours. Remove the onion pieces and massage your scalp with the rum. This helps cure hair loss and induces faster hair growth. 5. For long, black, thick and shiny hair, mix sesame oil or olive oil in juice of bottle gourd and apply to hair. This helps prevent grey hair and hair fall and is very good for the overall health of hair. 6. Mix one cup of brandy and one egg well. Apply this on the scalp and massage gently for some time. Leave on for about a half hour to one hour. Shampoo off. This encourages the growth of hair and is a good hair loss remedy. 7. Mix coconut, mustard and castor oil in equal quantities. Apply this on the scalp and massage gently at night at least once a week. Leave overnight. Shampoo in the morning. This is a very nutritious combination for the hair and is a good hair loss treatment. 8. Reetha, Amla and Shikakai: You will need to source these three herb powders in equal quantities by weight. Reetha (English Name: Soap Nut, Botanical Name: Sapindus mucorosai), Amla (English Name: Indian Gooseberry, Botanical Name: Phyllanthus amblica) and Shikakai (English Name: Acacia, Botanical Name: Acacia Concinna ) are well known for their hair nourishment qualities. Mix all three in equal quantities and store in a cool dry place. Once a week, soak about 2 - 3 tablespoons (depending on the length of your hair) of this powder in water overnight. In the morning, strain the water through a fine cloth and apply on your scalp and hair. Keep for a half hour and then rinse off with plain water. These herbs have astonishing hair rejuvenation qualities. Apart from stopping hair loss, they make the hair lustrous, black, strong and smooth.

9. Soak 2 tsp of fenugreek flour overnight in water and then apply the paste on the head. 10. 11. 12.
Leave for half an hour. Rinse out with warm water. This helps in reducing dandruff as well as hair loss. Boil the leaves of celery and mint for 20 minutes in water. Strain and let it cool. Applying this water on hair everyday makes the roots strong and arrests hair loss and induces hair growth. Regular exercise can work wonders to reduce hair loss and induce hair growth. Cardiovascular exercises that get your heart rate to go up increase blood supply to all parts of the body including the scalp. It also helps remove toxins from the body. Maintain a regular bowel movement. Constipation should not be allowed to continue and immediate corrective action should be taken. There are natural mild laxatives available that can be taken at bed time. This helps keep the blood clean the reduces toxicity in the body. Gently rub coconut oil cultured with hibiscus flowers twice a week into the roots of the hair. This nourishes the roots and makes the hair strong, long and shiny. Take fuller’s earth in a bowl, put water in it and mix well. Leave it aside for 2 hours. After 2 hours mix it well again with a spoon and add water to reach a consistency apt for applying on the scalp and hair. Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair and gently massage the scalp for some minutes. Wash hair thoroughly with water. Then leave your hair to dry. This gives a lot of shine and bounce to the hair and makes them very silky to touch. Apply a mixture of coconut water with little lemon juice to the hair to prevent them from falling. Leave on for half an hour and then wash as usual. Boil one cup of nasturtium leaves in water for 20 minurtes. Let it cool and then strain. Apply this with a cotton swab everyday to the scalp. This helps nourish the hair and cure hair loss. Soak dry gooseberries and fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind to a paste in the morning. Use it as a shampoo while washing hair. This makes the roots strong and is a good hair loss remedy. Meditation. Now I hardly need to stress on the importance of meditation. Stress and tension is the most common cause of hair loss today. So it would be right to cure the root of the problem. In our fast moving lives, it is essential to take out 15 minutes for ourselves to maintain our peace of mind. It may not be possible for you to meditate for an hour everyday. It isn’t for most people. Here is a practical alternative. Choose a nice clean and quiet corner of your house where nobody would disturb you. Slowly close your eyes and filter out all thoughts from your mind. This may be extremely difficult to achieve at first, but keep persevering. Concentrate on your breath. Feel the air moving across your upper lip. While inhaling, think that you are taking in all the positive energy from the environment and while exhaling, you are removing all the negative energy from your body. Do this for 15 minutes. It is not easy to concentrate for 15 minutes on the first day, start with 5 minutes and slowly build it up over some days. Go beyond 15 minutes if time permits. After the session, open your eyes slowly. You are sure to feel peaceful and calm inside. Everyday practice will relieve you of stress and tension. This will help not only in the cure for hair loss, but also many other problems that are caused by stress. It should be as important a routine as eating and sleeping for us. Though difficult, the results will make you feel it was all worth it.

13. 14.

15. 16. 17. 18.

If you collectively do some or most of the tips described above, it will surely help in reducing your hair loss drastically.

Hair Loss Prevention

Preventing hair loss is entirely in your hands. Maintain a healthy diet with good vitamin rich nutritious food. Avoid alcohol, smoking, excessively oily and greasy food and excessively spicy and sour food. Have regular eating and sleeping habits to prevent hair loss. Avoid stress and staying up late. Maintain a good hair care regimen. Avoid chemical treatments on your hair. Do not wear your hair very tight as that can strain the hair roots and lead to hair loss. In case of hair loss due to a certain medication, consult your doctor and ask him to suggest an alternative. Maintain good hygiene of your scalp. Use a mild shampoo and do not let your conditioner come in contact with your scalp. All these precautions can help avoid hair loss altogether.

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->