My Lord or Your Lord, replaced by Your Honour Your Honour in lower judiciary replaced by Sir or Mr Judge.

2006, Supreme Court of India, moved a SLP. By Progressive and Vigilant lawyers Forum. Court directed to approach Bar Council of India and Bar Associations. Bar Council of India passed a resolution calling MY LORD or YOUR LORDSHIPS (Supreme Court of India and High Courts) and YOUR

HONOUR (for the lower judiciary) to SIR or MR JUDGE The words MY LORD or YOUR LORDSHIPS were the relics of the colonial past
P.H . Parekh who was the President of the Supreme Court Bar Association at the time was quick to point out that the resolution was only directory and not mandatory. Comment Justice Sachar believe that the dignity and strength of the bendch is not dependent on the form of address Lordship or Your Honour whether they are addressed as Your

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful