Plasma Facts

‡ Carries RBC¶s, WBC¶s & platelets ‡ 90% of plasma is water ‡ Remaining 10% consists of the following substances dissolved in the water: glucose, salts, amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, hormones, cellular wastes, and proteins.

Plasma is therefore referred to as

the of the blood.

Three major proteins that are carried in the plasma: Keeps too much water from leaving the blood by osmosis.

Involved in blood clotting
Antibodies are an example that bind and destroy foreign invaders

Back to Blood
Click Here

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful