Prepared by Govinda Agrawal
Title of the Project
Detail Study of Distribution System at Raipur
Distribution is a base for FMCG industry. Project focuses on the distribution system of RAIPUR Study done with help retailers, distributor & superstockists. The study revelad a lot of things dicussed later.
1. To study the distribution system. 2. To find out the brand awareness. 3. To forecast the sales of the distributor and track the work of the salesman. 4. To study the marketing mix.
Surya Food & Agro Ltd. Was incorporated in nov 1992. Started selling biscuits under brand PRIYAGOLD in oct 1993 Tag Line ‘haq se mango' Third largest in biscuit industry. Three plants located at Greater Noida, Luckhnow and Surat. Diversified to Fruit Juices & Carbonated drinks. Coming with choclates toffee & candy.
Pack size( in gm)
Pack size( in Rs)
Plain Badam Pista Nice Cashew
60,100,230 50,100,250(ATC pack) 50,175 50,100,250(ATC pack)
83,175 83,175 83,175 75,150 75,150 75,150 75,150,250,350 100,200
5,10,20 5,10,25 5,15 5,10,25
Elaichi Choclate Orange
5,10 5,10 5,10
Butter Strawberry Choco-Vanila
5,10 5,10 5,10
Jeera Top Cashew
83,175 14,30,60,120 60,120 60,120 75g ATC,180 JAR 250 ATC 75,150 75,160 16,40,75,150,350 39,63,83,200
5,10 1,2,5,10 5,10 5,10 15,25 25 5,10 5,10 1,2,5,10,20 1,2,4,10
Snacks zig zag
First phase: Understanding the process of the company. Second Phase: Studying the markets with the help of salesman. Third Phase: Data collection and analysis.
SNo./ Zone Raipur Bilaspur
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Raipur Dhamtari Mahasamund Durg Kanker Bastar Dantewada Jagdalpur
Bilaspur Korba Ambikapur Raigarh Janjgir Baikunth Jashpur Kawardha
Zonal Division in Chhattisgarh.
Name of the distributors
Classic Agency K.D Sales Nagwani Agencies Kumud Agencies
2 2 1 1
The study was done with one distributor CLASSIC AGENCY, as other were not functioning well. Each beat consist of 6 areas , which are covered in 6 working days of the week (Monday –Saturday). One salesman look after the one beat. Margins SS- 5%, DIST- 7%, RETAILER-= 12%-25% 5 salesman working with SS on company payroll. Distributor has its own salesman depending upon the beats allocated. Mode of Payment is CASH.
Factory/Warehous e Super Stockiest Super Stockiest Super Stockiest
• Questionnaire • DATA (40) • Correlation used to find the elation between AVG SALES & PAYMENT MODE. • Data was collected for 200 retailers 49 were rejected as they were outliners. • All kind of retailers were surveyed (panwala to a wholesaler.) • Retailers were dealing with different type of consumer segment.
Variants v/s Avg sales
Limited; 18151 All; 64688
All Limited Credit, 52562
“Note: ALL means what the retailers keeps with him is available all the time”
65% of retailers buy more when option of credit is given.
If ALL variants are available sale is more.
• Same questionnaire used. • DATA (49)
40 35 30 25 % age 20 15 10 5 0 Q uality R ange Prom otion T aste 1 Taste Prom otion R ange Q uality
W YBR N H A D
C M E IT R O PT O S
6 % 3% 6 B n rita ia P rle a A ml n o R ja a
P C SZ AK IE
3 % R 5 s R 1 s 0 R 2 s 0 F m p c a ily a k
Methodology: •Forecasted the sales of the month MAY •Collected data from distributor of last two months sales. •Talked to retailers and distributor to understand the consumption pattern of the consumer in the month of MAY. •Two methods used •If credit was given •By Increasing the width and depth of products.
A system for tracking salesman and distributor. Methodology: • Studied the work of salesman. • Talked with distributor and SS what they want. • BEAT PLAN • TRACKING
• A lot of Varieties but can be increased • Quality is good (as found in survey) • Taste matters a lot as biscuit is known by its taste. • Brand Name EG. BUTTER BITE • Packaging and Sizes • Return policy.
• • • • Pricing strategy is good according to the weights. Offer packs Works on CASH basis. SS gives credit period to DIST & DIST to some retailer
• Good presence in the country (south and far east). • Packaging problem. • Company frequently changes the system.
• • • • • • • • Promotion was done when the brand started. Very less ground promotion. No posters, banners, calendar, caps etc. No signboard to DIST. & SS. KARISHMA KAPOOR brand ambassador. ADs don’t have connectivity. Sales force are not trained. No visits from the company.
Industry is dominated by BRITANIA followed by PARLE. Here I will also compare the PRIYAGOLD on every point.
• • • • • • Well known brand. Distributor work on a credit basis. Distributor has to make advance payment to the company. Delivery is in next working day. Company personnel visit the distributor. Company organizes yearly meeting of SS and Dist which is paid by the company. • Don’t distribute posters as much. • Schemes are regular.
BRITANIA: • Market leader with 108 products. • Distributor work on a credit basis. • Distributor has to make advance payment to the company. • Delivery is in next working day. • Company personnel visit the distributor. • Company organizes yearly meeting of SS and Dist which is paid by the company. • In case of marketing company is in top position they regularly distribute poster and banners. • Schemes are regular.
• Work is done with one distributor and SS, as other distributor were not functioning well. • Surveyed only 200 retailers. • Retailers responses may be wrong and biased. • Mainly worked with salesman. • No mentor at the field. • Work was done with the help of the dist & SS.
• • • • • • • • • • Credit should be given. Promotion should be increased. Company don’t bother about the retailers, dist. & SS. Company don’t paid for any meetings. Packaging part should be improved. Company personnel should visit DIST & SS. Allowances are very less. Frequently change in the system. Should promote glucose biscuit. Presence in organized sector.
Open for Queries