This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Card Guard Scientific Survival Ltd,
2 Pskeris S1. R.abin Science Park Rehovot 761 OQ ISRAEL
LifeWatch Technoloqles, Inc, O'Hare International Center II
10255 W, Higgins R08Q Suite 120 Rosemont IL 60018 1·800·700·3788
SUP227 Rev D
UfeWatch Client Care Center 1-800-700-3788
Patient Instructions for LifeStar™ Express@
Please. return your device on:
For a life-threatening emergency
call your local emergency medical service.
For help with your device call: 1-800-700-3788
For questions on insurance or billing call: 1-800-336-3866
WARNING: DEVICE IS NOT WATERPROOF
Kit Contents for UfeStar Express
1. Patient I nstruction Book
2. LifeStar Express Cardiac Event Monitor
3. Disposable Batteries
4. Electrodes (Sticky Patches)
5. Alcohol Prep-pads
6. Pre-paid Return Envelope
How to use the LifeStar Express®
Prepare the skin
• If necessary, shave the areas where the electrodes will be placed.
• Wipe the skin in a circular motion with alcohol or water.
Make sure the skin is free from any lotions.
How do I get started with the LifeStar Express?
• Place the electrodes (See diagram on right)
• Connect the lead wires (White on right, black on left) ..
How do I turn on the LifeStar Express?
• Plug the lead wire firmly into the top of the device.
** After a pause of about 75 seconds, the LifeStar Express will beep twice.
How do I turn it off?
• Remove the leadset plug from the leadset jack. ""The recorder will beep once.
• You should turn off the LifeStar Express: - Before,sending ECG data.
- Before changing the batteries.
- Before bathing.
- To stop "memory fuJi" or "low battery" warning beeps.
Is the information in the status window important?
• Usually the status window will show routine status information which does not require action on your part. For example, in a typical display:
Note the event in your Diary as instructed by your physician.
Send your EGG to the monitoring center after each recording
This symbol means the recorder is active
Flashing = Scanning Steady = Recording
If the heart rate display is programmed "On" (optional) you will see your heart rate displayed here.
How do I record my EGG?
• Press the "REGORD" button. **The Recorder will beep twice.
Remain quiet and still. Breathe normally. **If your physician has programme_d the speaker "ON", you will hear a continuous tone which fluctuates with your heartbeat. When the recording is complete the recorderwiil beep twice. Then it automatically restarts scanning your EGG.
ne meDlory is 1M·, ., 80md tho EeOIl
8QUerJe. are IU1l' •
• Cltmge !he bmeoo
Auto activated EGGs
Your device may be programmed to automatically record EGGs. You will hear a beep if an auto activation occurs. When this happens, transmit to lifeWatch irnrnedlataly.
When do I send my EGG?
• It is important that LifeWatch receives and reviews your EGG after each recording. Please transmit your EGG as soon as possible after each recording.
How do I send my ECG?
• Call the phone number on the device.
• Have the following information available for the nurse or technician.
- Your name.,
- Symptoms at the time of the recording.
- Activity at the time of the recording.
• Unplug the lead wire. The monitor will beep once.
• Press and hold the "SEND" button until the monitor displays a phone symbol and you hear a tone.
• Release the "SEND" button and
place the mouthpiece of the telephone over the record button. The monitor automatically transmits your stored ECG data, which can take up to jen minutes. When the tone stops, the transmission is complete.
• Once your recording has been ..
transmitted, you will speak with the nurse or techntclan. When instructed: reconnect the lead wire. This will RESET your monitor.
How should I wear the LifeStar Express?
• Wear the LifeStar Express in the way most convenient for you - just make sure the "RECORD" button is accessibie.
• The LifeStar Express may be clipped to a belt, slipped into a shirt pocket, or suspended like a pendant from the lanyard (cord) provided.
Can I wear the LifeStar Express in the shower or bath? No! Never expose the LifeStar Express to any type of moisture.
To replace electrodes:
• Wash and dry the skin thoroughly.
• Remove any powder or lotion.
• Rub the skin briskly with a dry cloth.
• Replace any loose electrodes immediately.
Some patients may experience slight skin irritation from wearing the electrodes. It may be possible to reduce the irritation by using alternative electrodes. LifeWatch offers three types of electrodes for your convenience:
1.. Standard Electrodes.: Included with your device
2. HypoaUergenic Electrodes: For sensitive skin
3. Red Dot Electrodes: Designed for the active individual (for increased adherence)
If you wish to obtain alternative electrodes or other supplies, please contact the LifeWatch Client Care Center
How do I change the batteries in the LifeStar Express?
• Remove the lead set plug from the jack .. Remove the belt c!ip, if being used.
• Place the recorder face down on a flat surface.
• S.lide the battery compartment door off the back of the recorder
• Carefully remove the olo batteries from the compartment door. A blunt, flat object such as a coin may be used to dislodge the batteries.
IMPORTANT: Use only high quality.MA alkaline batteries such as Eveready" E02.
DO NOT replace just one of the batteries.
• Insert two new AAA alkaline batteries in the position shown on the battery compartment floor.
• Replace the compartment door by sliding it into place. 8e sure the door snaps shut.
Why does the LifeStar Express "beep"?
• Because it is often inconvenient to see the status window, the recorder also communicates using sound:
When you hear ....
THIS DEVICE IS THE SOLE PROPERTY OF LlFEWATCH.
R.ETURN ONLY AS INSTRUCTED BELOW UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN.
Leadset plug has been removed
Entering scanning mode
Single-beep (When programmed on)
Auto recorded event alert -Send ECGs (repeat every minute). Unplug to cancel, then plug into leadset jack.
When your enrollment has been completed, please return this device by following the steps below.
1. Place all of the kit contents (see page 1) into the original box.
2. If desired, please complete the Device Return and Patient Satisfaction Survey provided in the kit.
3. Place box into the postal envelope enclosed.
4. Complete your name and address in space provided on the postal envelope.
5. Place the envelope in the mail. No postage is necessary.
If you have any questions, please ca II 1-800-517-6330.
Ownership and Use of the Device
This device is the sale and exclusive property of LifeWatch. The device may be used only for purposes of diagnosis and is not intended for use as an emergency response system for patients who may experience serious or lif.e threatening medical problems. Patient agrees that he/she wil.l not, in Whole or in part, sublicense, provide access to, tamper with, modify, distribute, export in Violation of applicable laws and regulations, rent, loan, transfer, disassemble or reverse engineer or create derivative work of the device.
Send the ECGs (every 3 minutes)
Low Battery warning
Change the battery as soon as possible.
every 3 minutes
Miscellaneous information for daily use of the LifeStar Express:
• Change the electrodes every other day.
• Make sure the wires and electrodes are firmly attached to you and to the monitor at all times.
• When the monitor is full it wil.l beep several times and display an "F" to let you know you need to call the center.
Patient Financial Obligations & Billing Information
Your physician has dispensed a heart-monitoring device and enrolled you in the LifeWatch monitoring service. Your physician should obtain an authorization from your insurance if necessary. He/she will also provide your insurance information to LifeWatch so your monitoring service can be billed to your insurance.
We will notify you of any balance due after your insurance plan processes the claim.
1. You must be sure LifeWatch has correct insurance information.
2.. You must return the LifeStar Express kit to LifeWatch to avoid being billed for the value of the Monitor.
• During the Monitoring Service, you will be provided with the use of a cardiac device that will allow LifeWatch to monitor your cardiac function ... Your use of the device ts included in the charge for the Cardiac Monitoring SerVice. The device is owned by LifeWatch and at the end of your service, must be returned to LifeWatch. We have provided you with a pre-paid envelops for this purpose. In the event you do not return the device to LifeWatch, you will be responsible for the replacement cost of the device.
3. If you receive a check from your insurance company, you must pay LifeWatch.
Cancellation of Service:
You have the right to refuse this service with your Doctor's approval within 72 hours, provided that you have not used the device. You must also return the device within 7 business days after cancellation. You must notify your physician and LifeWatch of the cancellation. You may be charged for the service if you do not inform LifeWatch of the cancellation.
UfeWatch is under contract with multiple insurance plans. Any balance you may have after your insurance plan processes the claim will be billed to you in accordance with the terms and condltlons of your insurance plan and any contract between your insurance and UfeWatch. UfeWatch works with every patient to settle any financial obligation. If you have special needs please contact LifeWatch at 1-800-336-3866.
This device that has been prescribed for you by your physician is a di.agnostic tool and not 81'1 emergency device. While it is to be worn 24 hours a day (except while in contact with liquids, such as bathing) for up to 30 days, the device may have some limitations and should not serve as an emergency device. While using the LifeStar ACT system, you will be responsible for the following:
• Contact LifeWatch if you have any questions about the monitoring service or operation of the LR monitor.
• Understand that LifeWatch is a 24/7 monitoring facility and you can call at any time.
• Contact LifeWatch for any technical assistance at 1-800-517-6330 if your device does not appear to be functioning correctly.
• Seek immediate medica' assistance if you think you may be experiencing an emergency.
LifeWatch works with every patient to settle any financial obligation. If you have special needs please contact LifeWatch at 800-336 .. 3866.