This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
com, independent and opinionated, is one of the worldʼs leading consumer trends ﬁrm, relying on a global network of hundreds of spotters. Our trends, examples and insights are delivered to 160,000 business professionals in more than 180 countries. More information at www.trendwatching.com
November 2010 | With the entire world now battling it out in the consumer arena, the number of innovations aimed at consumers from Brazil to Belgium is staggering. Case in point: the dozens of smart brands and innovations from 'emerging' markets, below. Enjoy!
EXCEPTIONALL | "Exceptional B2C innovations will increasingly come from all corners of the globe, with brands and talent from emerging markets in particular getting ready to shine." Now that virtually the entire world has joined the consumer arena, prepare for an avalanche of new brands, entrepreneurs and innovations from ‘emerging’ markets that will have global potential and appeal. From aggressive Chinese brands to Turkish creatives to Brazilian apparel, we're seeing a sharp increase in world-class companies that can and will compete for consumers’ Dollars, Reais, Euros, Pounds, Rupees, Rands, or Liras. Sure, the expansion of global markets creates new opportunities for existing well-known brands, but the real story of the rise of these new powerhouses is the new brands that are making waves, both within their domestic markets, but increasingly outside these, competing and even beating the established, entrenched incumbents at their own game. One thing's for sure – the range of brands that consumers covet will be even more diverse in twenty, ten or even ﬁve years.
You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www.trendwatching.com/trends/exceptionall/)
• Both consumers and brands in emerging markets are rapidly getting wealthier, more sophisticated, more mobile, and more educated. Side effect: an abundance of conﬁdence, enthusiasm, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. • Many emerging markets (minus China) have younger populations, and will not be confronted with ageing populations for a long time to come, meaning an endless source of young entrepreneurs as well. • Brands from emerging markets are well positioned to cater to other booming emerging markets, while they may be perceived around the world as less arrogant, too. On top of that, they are less hindered by too many legacy systems and thinking. • Emerging markets will soon boast the biggest markets for everything, from cars and beers, to detergents and mobile internet: not a bad environment for innovation to take root ;-)
• Developing economies "have accounted for nearly 70 percent of world growth over the past ﬁve years". (Source: Carnegie, 2010.) • The GDP of Emerging and Developing Economies accounted for 20% of world GDP in 2000, 34% in 2010, and an estimated 39% by 2015. (Source: IMF, 2010.) • The global emerging middle class now stands at two billion people who spend USD 6.9 trillion a year, a ﬁgure which is expected to rise to USD 20 trillion - twice current US consumption - by 2020. (Source: McKinsey, July 2010.) • Developing countries will account for two thirds of world trade in 2050. (Source: Carnegie, 2010.) • The GDP of emerging markets will grow to be about 1.3 times the size of advanced economies in 2050. China will be approximately twice the size of the United States in purchasing power parity (PPP) terms. (Source: Carnegie, 2010.) • India now has more rich households than poor, with 46.7 million high income households as compared to 41 million in the low income category. 62 per cent of Indian households belong to the middle class (Source: National Council of Applied Economic Research, August 2010.) • 700 million people will start using the Internet in Asia in the next 5 years (Source: McKinsey; September 2010)
No, the Rise of the Rest doesn’t mean the End of the West. ‘Established’ markets and brands will not succumb or shrivel; the South Koreans, Japanese, Swiss, Brits, Americans, French, Germans, Norwegians, Canadians, Australians and Singaporeans will continue to forever add to the innovation pile, too. In fact, to overlook the quirkiness, creativity, heritage & provenance, chicness, clean(er) air, freedom, joie de vivre, scientiﬁc breakthrough, societal innovation and cultural exuberance found in the ‘Old World’, North America, Japan and South Korea, would be a grave mistake. Many of these countries will ﬁnd themselves in the top ten of happiness and quality of living indices for many years to come.
You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www.trendwatching.com/trends/exceptionall/)
) • 'Emerging nations' means that while often powerful. personal & domestic care.Time for a hefty dose of B2C innovations from China (minus Hong Kong). TeamBuy. fashion.com/trends/exceptionall/) . A few points. South Africa. these countries won't be run of the mill middle class consumer societies for a while to come. offering a range of bikes in bright colors. The sites make money from ad revenues and/or commissions from suppliers who want mobs at their store. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. • Forever is a Shanghai based bicycle brand that was founded in the 1940s. UAE. connecting hundreds of thousands of likeminded consumers. appealing to younger consumers. the list below is by no means complete. and more. food & beverage. mobile telecoms. or Poland in this Trend Brieﬁng. let alone Norway. We're also showcasing some of the smaller innovators that are plying their trade all over the world. If you feel strongly about brands we have not covered but should have. Obviously. impact anyone who's in business. • Liba. The brands and innovations that are fuelling the ﬁres of economic growth in emerging economies will. if not already. They will also serve as a source of inspiration and ideas for more jaded brands and consumers in developed economies. travel. • We’ve included both new brands and established ones. Hence no examples from South Korea. Singapore. more a curated sample of spottings that have come our way. Taiwan. undoubtedly. Having fallen out of favor in the 1990s. Australia or Canada . EnjoyMeiTian. India. automotive.-) • Industries covered. just email us . but skipped massive corporations such as China Mobile or Itau Unibanco. GetGoGive and FlashBuy all enable ‘group buying’ as a shopping strategy. Taobao. • Brands launched in Asia by Western corporations are not included (such as Hermes' Xia Shang. consumer electronics. the brand has now relaunched under the leadership of 23 year old Chen Shan.trendwatching. Brazil and more.
the fourth largest producer of personal computers in the world. herbal-based ingredients for its line of cosmetic products that are aimed at Chinese youth. Xbox and Nintendo Wii. Its initial product line. jewelry and accessories. In September 2010. Recently the brand has exported the products to Europe and the USA. The company has surpassed Whirlpool as the world's top refrigerator producer and achieved a global market share of 6. The company has widened its product range to include three canvas bags.trendwatching. • Lenovo. • Bus manufacturer King Long has an annual production exceeding 1. but also the product's design inspiration. the brand announced a deal with UK based Arriva for 200 buses to be sent to improve Malta’s operations. • Consumer electronics brand Haier reported sales of over USD 17. aimed at the rapidly emerging afﬂuent female demographic in China. • Cosmetics giant Shanghai Jahwa re-launched its “Shuang Mei” brand under the name “Shanghai VIVE”. also inspired by the equipment of Chinese workers.300 coaches for domestic and international clients. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. includes cosmetics.8%. The shoes are based on a style commonly worn by Chinese laborers but constructed with superior materials. positioned at a premium price of USD 75 and intended to appeal to Western consumers.and a portion of revenue also goes to charities.8 billion across all divisions in 2008. plans to launch a gaming console. Part of the increased cost covers improved working conditions for employees • Herborist uses all natural. with prices ranging from Yuan 300 (USD 44) to more than Yuan 1500 (USD 221). • OSPOP (One Small Point of Pride) was the ﬁrst footwear brand to use Chinese workers as not only the manufacturing labor.com/trends/exceptionall/) . the ‘eBox’ in 2011 to rival Sony Playstation.
trendwatching. • • • • • In 2010 sportswear brand Li Ning pulled equal with Adidas as the number two sports brand after Nike in China. The shoe is made from eco-friendly materials such as hemp. BYD is the world’s largest supplier of rechargeable batteries.com/trends/exceptionall/) . South America and Asia. Volkswagen and Rover. The tongue of the shoe is embroidered with the image of Wangari Muta Maathai. In 2010 the company teamed with Bulgarian Litex Motors and is set to open a 50. (Source) The Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. Chery intends to build electric cars in partnership with Israel based Quantum LLC (by 2012). the organization acquired Volvo Cars from Ford Motors for a reported USD 1.8 Billion. • You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. BAIC is aiming to unveil several own-brand vehicles in 2010 and wants to double overall sales to 2 million each year by 2011. the founder of the Green Belt Movement and the ﬁrst environmentalist to win the Nobel Peace Prize. Ltd (BACI) was founded around joint ventures with Western manufacturers Jeep and Daimler-Benz. and trains topping speeds of 350 km/h. Chery International is one of China’s fastest growing auto manufacturers. Last year it released an eco-friendly shoe called the "Green 001". (Source) Geely Automotive is one of China’s largest auto manufacturers with sales across Eastern Europe.000 units in 2000 to over 500. with sales increasing from 2. the organization has branched out into the Electric vehicle sector and US and European expansion is rumored.• • The Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) is one of the biggest Chinese auto manufacturers with joint venture links to companies such as GM. Great Wall Motor is China’s biggest manufacturer of SUV vehicles. Vietnam and South Africa. Domestically.000 by 2009. The group is now bidding to build infrastructure in markets such as California. China Railways Group has created the world’s longest high-speed rail network with about 7055 km of routes in China. Brazil.000 vehicle per year factory in Bulgaria in 2011. and the marketing campaign communicates to Chinese consumers that "Environmental Protection = Trendy". In August 2010.
• Sportswear brand Anta Sports has grown in ﬁve years to nearly RMB 6 billion (USD 882m) in 2009. The company also secured one of the biggest deals in women’s tennis. • Bosideng is the largest down apparel company in china with 5. Italy and Russia. In 2009 it ranked 160th on the list of the "World's Most Reputable Companies" and 13th in the "Most Valuable Chinese Brand”.trendwatching. • Regarded as the ﬁrst Chinese luxury brand. Latin America and Asia. supported by a range of international sponsorship deals including national soccer and basketball teams around the world and a selection of NBA players in the US. telecoms giant Huawei released the Ideos. • Peak Sport is a Chinese sportswear company that has expanded from its founding in 1989 to offering over 5. with releases expected in Europe. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. The Ideos is the ﬁrst smartphone designed by a Chinese company and intended for the global market. The brand has studios across the United States. sponsoring Jelena Jankovic. ranking it the eighth-largest brand in the category. France. • Founded in 2002. North America. evening gowns and wedding clothes. an affordable smartphone preloaded with Google's Android operating system.com/trends/exceptionall/) .2% market share of sportswear sales in 2009. The brand attained 4. 361 Degrees International is a Chinese supplier of shoe and sports goods.500 retail outlets in China.620 retail outlets in more than 65 cities across the nation. NE Tiger has become a global leader in haute couture for furs. • In September 2010.
waterproof. China. the Umeox is a solar powered. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces own and operate 76 hotels (including The Pierre. the brand secured a ﬁve year.000 people. 12 countries. GBP 7 milion kit sponsorship deal with English Premier League club Birmingham City.com/trends/exceptionall/) . pictured above).• Launched in May 2010. 6 private islands and 12 resorts. • Xtep is a major player in the Chinese sportswear market. 5 continents and employs 13. • Part of Tata.200) the Tata Nano. Upon completion. Tata Cars have provided the world’s cheapest car (USD 2. 7 palaces. In January 2010.trendwatching.000 square meter Sanya Phoenix Island in Hainan. referencing the hills in the local area and low-rise buildings on the water-side. The group’s reach spans 52 destinations. the CNY 3 billion development will feature six luxury apartment buildings. The designs feature towers in the shape of amoeba-like hills. The automaker reportedly has plans to rollout an electric version of the vehicle in 2011. their Fake Hills housing development will be located along the coast near Beihai. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. conference center and a signature seven-star hotel. • Beijing-based architects MAD Architectural Design Studio are developing the 400. On top of that. • Since 2009. in New York City. shockproof and dustproof mobile phone. a ﬁve-star hotel.
• Meanwhile. The company’s ﬁrst project was to build 1. Saha in Kolkata and London.400 each.999. The average call center employee with 10 to 20 years experience earns about USD 6.right down to the ﬁner points of professional grooming. The company places a heavy emphasis on the training . The airline has won a host of awards since inception in 2005 including Outlook Travellers’ “Best Low Cost Airline” in 2009/2010. Prizes from the participating corporations include cash. with 100 Airbus aircraft expected to arrive in 2015 and plans to add another 150 to the ﬂeet by 2025. The company is looking to expand rapidly. • One Billion Minds is a prize-led innovation platform that connects problem-solving scholars with solution-seeking companies and non-proﬁts. IndiGO is an Indian based low cost airline servicing 22 destinations across South Asia. (Source) • Mumbai-based Mirakle Couriers only hires deaf workers for deliveries.250 lowcost apartments in the Vasind suburb of Mumbai. Bain Capital and the Indian Hotels Company. will see the construction of a further 1. with 50 more planned for future development.250 tiny apartments outside Mumbai that sold for USD 7. • And yet another Tata innovation: the Swach is a water ﬁlter and puriﬁer that produces clean drinking water through the use of common ash.com/trends/exceptionall/) . and has grown dramatically since its late 2008 launch. Tata also announced the Shubh Griha brand. professional recognition. Its client list now includes Johnson Controls.• In 2009. Ginger hotels currently operates 23 hotels in India.800 to USD 13.trendwatching.000. a low cost hotel chain aimed at travelers with rooms costing between INR 1. Launched in late 2009 by Sanjukt K.000 to USD 10. The second project. and opportunities to interview for full-time or internship positions. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. The homes are targeted at people earning an annual salary of USD 6.400 a year. The portable puriﬁer doesn't require running water or electricity.000 and INR 2. low-cost carrier SpiceJet is the most profitable airline in the country and has attained the second largest market share in the low cost category. One Billion Minds challenges student and alumni crowds from universities worldwide to come up with innovative solutions to real-world problems. begun in October 2010. • • Last Tata-owned example: Ginger Hotels.
• New Delhi-based Mega Car Pool is a travel matching service that rewards drivers for giving rides. it operates in 10 countries.the largest tractor market in the world. Exports during the month of September 2010 were 1. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. as against 627 units for the same period last year.trendwatching. an increase of 88%. making it one of the largest consumer electronics and home appliance companies in the country. • Designed by Vibhor Sogani. as well as more substantial vehicles for landscaping.000 people and has an annual turnover of USD 2 billion. including models suitable for basic tasks. The airline now ﬂies 400 times daily to 69 Indian destinations. the Chroma Chandeliers collections have won various awards. Italy and Mexico.com/trends/exceptionall/) . The company launched 13 new models in the US for 2011.• Mahindra Tractors (M&M) is one of the top three tractor companies in the world. which has attained 26% market share within just four years of operation. • And of course there’s Kingﬁsher. Poland.181 units. The group has 17 manufacturing sites in India and plants in China. • Consumer electronics and home appliance giant Videocon employs over 5. and is number one in sales in India .
com/trends/exceptionall/) . You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. The company is planning to set up 584 hotels globally by 2013. mobile service provider Turkcell launched a service called Gezenzi. etc) on an interactive map. Blog entries on Gezenzi appear based on speciﬁc locations rather than on when they were posted. Users can also micro-blog information via SMS/MMS. and can track the latest movements and comments of other Gezenzi subscribers. In May 2010. • In June 2010.trendwatching. The service is a location-based micro-blogging platform that lets users exchange information about their travels within the city or country in which they reside.• • Air Asia X launched in late 2007 and is one of the world’s fastest growing airlines. Users share information by keying in text and comments (about restaurants. weather. • Turkish Airlines has purchased 90 more aircraft and become major sponsors of Barcelona and Manchester United football clubs in a bid for rapid expansion. The technology enables users to determine their location and display the nearest airports. travel. Malaysian Airlines included augmented reality technology in its mobile app. • Tunes Hotel launched its ﬁrst budget hotel in Europe in London in 2010 (pictured above). The service is also available through iPhone and Blackberry apps.
and sells in more than 100 countries. In 2010. the cut-out graphic turns into the inside of an envelope and can be sent to a friend via old-fashioned snail mail. Turkish furniture manufacturer Çilek Mobilya has expanded boutiques into 70 countries as well as having products sold in global chain stores including Moebel Pﬁster (Switzerland). • Household appliance manufacturer Arcelik employs more than 17. • • Fashion house Stoned Cherrie is famous for its use of images of apartheid-era heroes in its designs. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www.5 billion. • Launched in 2009.• Mapenvelope launched in early 2010 by Istanbul-based graphic designer Beste Miray as an application that allows users to select a location in Google Maps and then print the location with a personalized message.com/trends/exceptionall/) . employing 11.000 people. Fenomenal Woman sells a portfolio of life insurance products speciﬁcally targeting women. • Since 2001.000 people. Once printed.trendwatching. Kika Leiner (Austria) and AMobler (Norway). 48 Stoned Cherrie stores-within-a-store were rolled out in Foschini (a women’s clothing chain) stores nationwide. Food and beverage producer Ülker acquired Belgium’s Godiva Chocolate for USD 850 million in 2007 and since expanded global operations to achieve global sales of USD 1.
You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. • Farinha Pura is a bakery in Rio de Janeiro. • Launched in 2009. Cape Town-based Wellness Warehouse provides consumers with a total solution for healthy shopping. a pharmacy. many of which are banned by censors shortly after airing. it costs ZAR 99 per day. The bakery tweets every time a fresh batch of bread comes out of the oven.com/trends/exceptionall/) .trendwatching. a digital wall and series of touch-screen tables that facilitate both digital and real-world conversation. a café. spa services. Brazil. • Great Guide is a GPS triggered audio tour that hooks up to car radios and broadcasts stories and facts when driving past points of interest. MiWorld is a concept bar that incorporates online components including a website. ﬁtness machines and sleeping products. The system is booked through the website and collected with a hire car.• Launched in early 2010. organics and related products but also natural medicine dispensary. The organization offers not just the usual assortment of natural and healthy foods. • South African chicken restaurant franchise Nando’s has expanded successfully across 28 international markets often with controversial advertising campaign. which is using Twitter to promote its freshly baked goods.
boasts USD 15. Bombardier. they can call Porto Seguro and a technician will pay a free house call and ﬁx whatever is broken.A is the country’s leading bus manufacturer exporting to over 60 countries and providing over 50% of Brazil’s buses. • Insurance company Porto Seguro offers free maintenance services at the homes of clients.com/trends/exceptionall/) .000 people with revenues exceeding USD 10 billion per year. If a customer's refrigerator breaks. Embraer suggested plans to develop very-long-range business jets. The company employs 10. commercial and luxury aircraft. who also founded JetBlue. entering a sector currently dominated by Gulfstream. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. • Embraer is one of the top three aircraft manufacturers in the world.• In just eight years low-cost airline GOL had attained 41% of the domestic market share in terms of passengers/km. there's Azul. Porto Seguro also funds GPS tracking systems and vehicle ID stamping in certain high-end vehicles to deter thefts or recover them promptly if stolen. It has 17.2 billion in order backlog and specializes in military. but its founder is US entrepreneur David Neeleman. and Dassault. (And yes.trendwatching.) • Brazilian based Marcopolo S. It also holds driver safety programs to those most likely to be in an accident (drivers between the ages of 18 and 24).000 employees. In October 2010.
ﬁtness centers and home theater systems . life size samples and a chance to comment on how the product may be improved. having ventured beyond Brazil for the ﬁrst time. The resort will feature a private beach. large recreation areas.com/trends/exceptionall/) .• In August 2009. Members have access to new releases of products. Another collaboration. ﬂip ﬂop maker Havaianas and US t-shirt website Threadless launched a series of limited edition ﬂip ﬂops. hot tubs. offers customers the opportunity to sample up to 5 items a month for free in exchange for an annual membership fee and willingness to participate in online surveys based upon the products consumed.trendwatching. research showed that the gay community wanted big kitchens. will open the Las Piedras Resort in Uruguay. Submissions for the competition were received from all around the world. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. equestrian center. The chair will be available for sale in Spring 2011. • Clube Amostra Grátis (free sample club). • In July 2010.all of which have been accounted for. luxury hoteliers Fasano. The Village Saint Sebastien is a gay-friendly development of condos facing the sea on the beach of Piru. and polo ﬁelds. The construction was inspired by districts across the world that are home to large gay communities. spa. • In December 2010. In terms of mod-cons. in September 2010. property developers Plena Ventures handed over the keys to the ﬁrst residents of the Aldeia Saint Sebastien in Arembepe. golf course. The ﬂip ﬂops were the winners of a design contest hosted on the website. saw New York's ESPASSO gallery showcased a chair commissioned by Havaianas and designed by Carlos Motta. launched in Sao Paulo in April 2010.
• Last year. the small printer automatically generated a perfume tester for the user to smell. Ticket to Mind offers various gift plans: the Express plan is aimed at a new love or renewing an existing one.ists and pedestrians of any trafﬁc incidents or transport news. who installed small printers with perfume testers in the side of each monitor screen. As the user clicked on the online banner. recyclable plastic. and the #TransitoRJ and #TransitoSP hashtags allow users to share their own transport experiences. • Ticket To Mind offers prepaid plans for multiple gifts over a set period of time. The organically shaped. cosmetics. architect Zaha Hadid and Brazilian shoe brand Melissa Plastic Dreams launched a line of Hadiddesigned Melissa shoes. perfume and hair care products.com/trends/exceptionall/) . The campaign received a click through rate of 17. limited edition shoes were available for GBP 200 at the Dover Street Market in London. at random times. • Ellus is a Brazilian jeans wear brand. Kaiak partnered with internet cafes across Brazil. • In 2009. Targeting males. Asia and the US. which is distributed in over 70 ﬂagship stores in Brazil and in retail stores across Europe. To execute the strategy.2%. the Brazilian transit authority starting using Twitter to update São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro's motor- You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. and includes three bouquets of ﬂowers being sent over a four-month period. • Kaiak. The feed broadcasts tweets from the authority itself.trendwatching. with 10. the leading Brazilian manufacturer of skin care. Kaiak is part of Natura.000 testers printed in one weekend. earlier this year introduced an online 'sensory banner'. a perfume brand aimed at men.
Mexico. the city of Puebla. The promotion. launched a taxi service exclusively for women called Pink Taxi de Puebla. soaps and bath oils.com/trends/exceptionall/) . In late 2009. which include moisturizers.” featured hidden GPS devices in 50 detergent boxes throughout Brazil. Winners received a pocket video camera as well as an invitation for a day of outdoor fun at Unilever's expense. The cabs are equipped with beauty kits. The promotional website was updated to include a map showing roughly where winners live as well as video footage of the giveaways. • Mexician boutique hotelier Habita has nine properties domestically and plans to open another in Manhattan in 2011.trendwatching. Intended as a safe means of transport. are now exported to the Netherlands and Portugal. as well as being available online.• Brazilian Unilever detergent brand Omo has used GPS to bring prizes to consumers at home. The promotion began in August 2010. called “Try Something New With Omo. The products. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. • • Cosmetics brand Kapeh uses coffee from Minas Gerais in all of its formulations. GPS and emergency panic buttons. and a team tracked the box all the way to the purchasing consumer's home. Each device was activated when the box was removed from the supermarket shelf. the thirty-ﬁve strong ﬂeet of bright pink cabs are driven by women only and will not stop for men.
Invoice. Since August 2010. to draw more attention to the challenge. the Save the Beach Hotel was built from 12 tons of garbage and could accommodate up to 10 people. a men’s fashion label. The company’s collection now includes over 70 objects by 12 designers and features cutting edge pieces considered classics of contemporary Mexican design. the Save the Beach effort aims to recover at least one European beach per year from destruction by pollution and other human-caused damage.• • The government of Mexico City has passed a law restricting businesses from giving out plastic bags that are not biodegradable. Mexico-based designer home furniture brand. Vogue. production facilities and service providers within the Federal District. • Pirwi is an eco-driven. which affects all stores. has been featured in international fashion editorials such as Harper’s Bazaar. stores can be ﬁned and owners jailed under the law. the Save the Beach effort built a hotel out of garbage collected from Europe's beaches. encompassing the city limits and 19 million people in Greater Mexico City. Created by German artist HA Schult and installed next to Castel Sant'Angelo in Rome. • Led by Mexican beer brand Corona Extra. whose founder won the Best New Designer during the Mexico Fashion Awards.trendwatching. ManCandy. In June 2010. Nylon and Glamour.com/trends/exceptionall/) . You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www.
with this being the only variation from the traditional brick making process. the EcoFaeBricks are ﬁred using biogas.trendwatching. and Europe.com/trends/exceptionall/) . Proﬁts from sales go back to initiatives supporting the producers such as the education in handicraft and work skills and the growth of plantations for wood used to make the products. • Colombian Juan Valdez Cafe is a multinational coffeehouse chain with 120 outlets domestically. International expansion is driven by the Columbian Federation. Rwandan coffee franchise Bourbon Coffee operates a coffee shop in Washington DC. the US. • EcoFaeBrick turns cattle waste into bricks that are greener. stronger and 20% lighter than regular clay bricks. In a move to reduce carbon emissions. as well as distribution in US Wal-Mart Stores and 650 supermarkets in South Korea. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www.• The Magno AM/FM radio is hand crafted using sustainable materials in an Indonesian village. The Indonesian organization was set up in early 2009 to tackle the problem of excessive waste in local farming areas. These plans have seen the chain open shops in Latin America. • Meanwhile. and is planning to open two more cafes in the US (New York and Boston). who sees the chain’s success as a reason coffee contributes over 8% to GDP.
• • In August 2010. These range from mobile phones to laptops. • In June 2010. Guatemala-based mapmaking company Where To Go Maps is working towards creating a globalised mapping system that would see their free artistic city maps available to travellers for all major tourist destinations worldwide. restaurants. tablet computers and digital cameras. The maps present tourists with the best hotels. Each week.com/trends/exceptionall/) . bars. The winner is picked from the players who scored the most points and prizes include products such as the Nintendo Wii. who will send them offers when the product becomes available. "Fetish" and "Toys" are lollipops with a decidedly adult feel but with a classic candy taste. a concept created for Chupa Chups targets an 18+ audience. as well as illustrating the speciﬁc locations of local businesses who advertise on the maps. Bambike employs people in rural Filipino villages to create the frames of the bikes from local bamboo plants. The fair-trade labor is part of the Gawad Kalinga development program to educate and improve community living. socio-ecological bamboo bicycle making enterprise Bambike launched a new set of bike designs with headlights. before ofﬁcial sale starts. "BDSM". shops. and other sexual toys. • Russian Preorder. Consumers can browse through company press releases or search products by brand or category to locate a soon-to-be-released device. Each recall whips. You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. MTS unveil a billboard with a QR code which (when players scan it into their mobile) details a task and direction to the next location. They can then register their interest with the merchant. Russian mobile provider MTS launched a digital campaign promoting their Data-Plan products that lets consumers take part in a weekly treasure hunt and adventure race.It (launched in Q1 2010) allows customers to pre-order the latest devices in advance.trendwatching. attractions and sightseeing highlights that each city has to offer.• Designed by Moscow-based creative agency Firma. collars.
you have absolutely no excuse to be unaware of innovations originating in Australia. and consumers devour these publications. please be sure to let us know about your innovative new venture. concepts. in Turkey. Meaning wherever you live. from Sweden to South Korea. South Africa and so on. but it's attracting countless smart brands and individuals from those markets.To beat you over the head with it one more time: the consumer arena is not only rapidly expanding to include billions of consumers in China. get into gear and good luck. too. Making them even more expecting and demanding. services and campaigns with global appeal! You are reading a PDF version of “EXCEPTIONALL” (www. And once you're ﬁrmly part of EXCEPTIONALL. So. too. in South Africa .. Turkey. in Argentina. in the Netherlands.Oh. in Singapore. They're joining a crowded space that is already densely populated with the smartest and the most ambitious.com/trends/exceptionall/) . Meaning true creative destruction is upon us.trendwatching. Brazil. in the US. products. whatever it is you do. especially because these new players and innovations are being reported on 24/7 by numerous sources dedicated to trends and new business ideas. India.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.