This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
This product has been manufactured to comply with international safety standards. Please read the following safety precautions carefully.
Safety instructions and Precautions
1. MAINS SUPPLY • • • •
Operate this product only from the type of power supply indicated on the marking label. Disconnect the product from the mains before you start any maintenance or installation procedures.
2. OVER LOADING
Do not overload a wall outlet, extension cord or adapter as this may result in electronic fire or shock
The product should not be exposed to liquid of any kind. In addition, no objects filled with liquid should be placed on the product.
4. VENTILATION • • •
The slots on rear of the product must be left uncovered to allow proper airflow into the unit. Do not stack electronic equipments on top of the product.
Do not use any unsupported attachments as these may be hazardous or cause damage to the product.
6. CONNECTION TO THE TV •
Disconnect the product from the mains before connecting or disconnecting the cable from the TV. Failure to do so can damage the TV.
7. LOCATION •
Place the product indoors to avoid exposing it to lightning, rain or sun. Do not place it near a radiator or heat register.
8. REPLACEMENTS OF PARTS • When replacement of parts is required, be sure the service technician uses replacement parts
specified by the manufacturer or those that have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitution may result in additional damage to the unit.
Back up your system periodically to avoid any potential data loss. NOVATRON disclaims any responsibility of all sorts of data loss or recovery
1 Before using the product
1.1 Package Contents 1.2 Top and Front Panel 1.3 Rear Panel 1.4 Remote Control
4 5 6 7 10 10 10 10 11 11 11 11 11 12 12 12 13 14 16 16 17
2.1 Connecting the Antenna 2.2 Connecting a VCR 2.3 Connecting a DVD player 2.4 Connecting the TV 2.5 Connecting the audio system 2.6 Connecting a PC 2.7 Connecting a Local Area Network 2.8 Connecting a USB Host
3.1 Browser Menu 3.2 Movie Playback 3.3 Music Playback 3.4 Viewing Photos
Installation (Searching for the channels)
4.1 Automatic Search 4.2 Manual Search
5.1 Instant Recording 5.2 Scheduled Recording by manual 5.3 Scheduled Recording by EPG (Electronic Program Guide) 5.4 Recorded Program 5.5 Time Shifted Recording
18 18 19 20 21 25 23 23 24 25 25 26 27 28 29 31
6.1 Copy or Move 6.2 Delete
7.1 Wired Setup 7.2 Wireless Setup (Optional) 7.3 Browsing on the network 7.4 Using Internet Radio 7.5 FTP Server
Firmware Update Partition and Formatting of hard disk
11.1 Trouble shooting 11.2 Specification
41 41 42
1. Before using this product
This chapter provides detailed instructions on the product and its accessories.
1.1 Package Contents
Check all the package contents before using the product.
Product contents may be subject to change. Cables not specified above must be purchased separately.
Infrared receiver Receives signals from the remote control. PLAY Press to play the selected file. 5. 5. STOP Press to stop playing of a file 3. SETUP Press go to SETUP Menu 2. TV OUT BUTTON changes the TV OUT mode without remote control 3. 4. 2.2 Top and Front Panel 1. 2” TFT-LCD display Displays the simple information about system configuration. Make sure that the path between remote control and IR is unobstructed.1. 5 . POWER BUTTON Switches the product on/off. LED Indicates TV OUT mode which is currently selected. OK Press to select a desired item 1. NAVIGATION Press to go to next step or return to the previous step 4.
HDMI Out 8. LAN(Ethernet 100Base-Tx/10Base-T) 9. USB HOST Port 4. USB(PC) Target Port 3. DC12V 2. OPTICAL Out 7. FAN 12. ANTENNA-IN for TV Tuner(DVB-T) 10. ANTENNA-OUT for TV Tuner(DVB-T) 11. EURO SCART-IN 13. AV-OUT(Component and Composite) 5.1. Stereo Audio Out 6.3 Rear Panel 1. AV-IN 6 .
-. -. Press to enter numeric changing settings. 8.4 Remote Control 1. -. TV OUT 3. Press the button to move to next or previous file 7 . SOURCE Standby mode Switch TV OUT mode. REC. Press the button to change the input signal SOURCE.1. Press the button to use instant recording function 5. SETUP Press the button to go directly to SETUP Menu 7. Press to change the channel. Press the button to resume recording -. 4. Number button -. Press the button to begin recording -. TIME SHIFT Press the button to use Time Shift function 6. POWER 2.
Press to stop playing a file -. Music or Photo icons on Browser menu 8 . Press the button to play a file -. the playback speed increase by 5 steps. Home screen which displays RECORD/AV IN/FILE MANAGER/SETUP. Press the buttons to rewind/forward the playback of recorded file. 14.. Press the button to resume playback of this file. OK Press the buttons to navigate the menus. -. REW / FF -. VOL + / 13. Press the button to select a menu or confirm the user’s action. PLAY/PAUSE Mute the audio temporarily. Press the button again to stop the current file -. ARROW 15. INFO Press the button to display the information of recording. 19. RETURN -. 16. MEDIA Navigate through All. EPG Press the button to display the Electronic Program Guide. Whenever you press.9. 18. 17. Goes back to the previous screen -. STOP 11. MUTE 10. 20. HOME Adjusts the audio volume. Movies. Press the button to cancel user’s action. 12.
30. i-Radio 23. Press the button to view subtitles Press the button to synchronize the video and subtitle Press the button to rotate a picture by 4 angles. BOOK MARK Press the button to add or delete the current position as a bookmark. SYNC Press the button to display DVD menu. GOTO 24.B Press the button to set the beginning and end points of a section to repeat 26. AUDIO 33. Press the button to change the playback speed into the slow motion mode. ROTATE 29. 28. SLOW Safely remove attached storage Goes directly to folder named Internet Radio Press the button to go to a specific point. EJECT 22. ZOOM Press the button to zoom in/out the screen during watching a file. 31. S.21. Press the button to view the audio track. DVD MENU 32. 9 . 27. 25. SLEEP Press the button to set the timing to turn the product off automatically. SHUFFLE Press the button to switch random and sequential playback. TITLE 34. A .
2 Connecting a VCR Use the SCART cable when connecting to a VCR and other audiovisual equipment (Line ④) 2. Connect your aerial to ANTENNA-IN (Line ⑥) 2. Connect the ANTENNA-OUT of the product and the aerial input of the TV using an RF cable (Line ⑫) 2.10 - .2. Connections 2.1 Connecting the Antenna 1.3 Connecting a DVD player .
11 - .Use the composite or SCART cable when connecting to a DVD player and other audiovisual equipment (Line ③ or ④) 2.7 Connecting a Local Area Network Connect LAN port to configure the local area network (Line ⑦) 2.4 Connecting the TV Select the most appropriate procedure for your convenience.5 Connecting the audio system Select the most appropriate procedure for your convenience. • Connect the product and the audio system by using a RCA cable(Line ⑨) • Connect the product and the audio system by using a optical cable(Line ⑪) • Connect the product and the audio system by using a HDMI cable(Line ⑬) 2.6 Connecting a PC Use USB cable to connect a PC(Line ①) 2.8 Connecting a USB Host . • Connect the product and TV by using a RCA cable (Line ⑨) • Connect the product and TV by using a Component cable (Line ⑩) • Connect the product and TV by using a HDMI cable (Line ⑬) 2.
2 Movie Playback • Select Movies icon by pressing MEDIA on remote control. The screen will display available video files. Music and Photo icons represent files for the different media types. 3. • You can navigate video files by using buttons to scroll through the list • To begin playback of a single file. Basic Operation 3.Connect the USB devices (Line ⑧) 3. The icons on the Browser menu (default) let you to browse your media library. “All” icon will display available media files in the current folder. The Movies. highlight .12 - .1 Browser Menu Home screen menu is displayed when your press HOME on the remote control.
3. until you press STOP Displaying the Video information panel Use this option to display the video information panel on the top of screen. and repeatedly. Press repeatedly until the repeat mode you want is displayed.13 - . Video Play Controls Use these buttons on the remote control to control video playback. To set the video repeat mode : 1.3 Music Playback . • Repeat – The current video is played repeatedly until you press STOP • All – All the files in the current video folder are played in sequence. press button during the video playback. Button Function Stops video playback Pause or resume video playback Resume playback on the selected position(video scan) Scan video (press repeatedly to select the scan speed) Using Video Repeat Use this option to repeat the video currently playing. Options include : • OFF – The video file(series file) will be just repeated once.the file and then press OK. press SHUFFLE. 2. To view the Information Panel of current video. During video playback. The option appears on the top of the screen.
To enable music shuffle mode : .• Select Music icon by pressing MEDIA on remote control. Button Function Stop audio playback Playback audio file Scan the audio playback forward or backward Music Shuffle Mode Use this option to set the audio tracks in the current music folder to play in random order. • You can navigate audio files by using buttons to scroll through the list. Music Play Controls Use these buttons on the remote control to control music playback.14 - . The screen will display available audio files.
1. 2. Highlight the image files in the current folder. The option opens at the top of screen.15 - . until you press STOP • Shuffle • Repeat • All • Once 3. • You can navigate image files by using buttons to scroll through the list • You can navigate previous or next 10th image file from the one in the current list by using buttons Photo Slideshow This player allows you to create a slideshow using the contents of a photo folder. Select the photo folder containing the image files you want in the slide show. To start a slide show: 1.4 Viewing Photos • Select Photo icon by pressing MEDIA on remote control. and once. Press repeatedly until the shuffle mode you want is displayed. press SHUFFLE. 2. then press PLAY/PAUSE to start the slideshow . During music playback. Options include : • OFF – All the audio tracks in the current folder are played in sequence.
Copy them into the photo folder you want in the slide show To listen to background music with a slideshow. then press this button repeatedly until the rotation you want is set. Options include: • Not repeating: The slideshow is played once • Change status to repeat: The slideshow is played repeatedly until you press STOP Photo Display Options Rotating the Picture Use this option to rotate the image clockwise. Repeating a Slideshow Use this option to set the slideshow to play in a loop sequence.To listen to background music with a slideshow: 1. then press this button repeatedly until the scale you want is shown. press ZOOM. During the photo viewing.16 - . To set the slide show repeat mode: During the slideshow. Using Photo Zoom Use this option to change the viewing scale of the image display. This panel shows the following information about the current picture: . During the photo viewing. This setting does not affect the original file’s orientation. then press this button repeatedly until the repeat mode you want is displayed. press ROTATE. Displaying the Picture information panel Use this option to display the Picture Information Panel on the top of the screen. the audio files and pictures must be included in the same folder. Select the audio files you want to accompany the slide show 2. press REPEAT/SHUFFLE.
the search will stop and the channels found until then will be displayed. the cursor is located at CANCEL.1 Automatic Search Wait while channel search continues. Installation(Searching for the channels) This will guide you through the installation procedure to automatically search for the digital channels. Therefore. 4. if you press OK button during the search. 1.17 - . Select Channel Scan and then press OK 2. 3. then select Channel Scan button to search for the channels again. Make sure that you have connected your aerial correctly. . During the channel search.• Image file name • Image’s sequence number and the total number of image files in the current folder 4. This may take a few minutes. You will also run this installation after the product has been returned to the Factory Reset. If the search does not find any channels.
press the SETUP icon and then the screen like the left figure will be shown.4. you can use channel scan menu to search for the channels. 2. You can delete the unwanted channels from the found channels. 4.18 - . you may not have all of the channels available. In this case.2 Manual Search You can search channels manually by searching parameters. . Press HOME. 1. highlight MANUAL SCAN and then press OK. Select Channel Scan. NOTE If you exit the installation without fully completing the channel searching procedure.
5. Press the REC button to record current channel instantly. Recording The product provides various recording modes such as instant recording and scheduled recording. Enter the channel to search. 5. When entering channel value. Options includes : • REC OFF • REC 30 min – 60 min – 90 min – 120 min 180 min – 240 min . 2.3.1 Instant Recording The instant recording function records the channel displayed currently. Press the REC button repeatedly until the recording duration you want is displayed.19 - . the appropriate frequency value is displayed. It supports standard DTV features such as EPG (Electronic Program Guide) and Time shifting. 1.
Press HOME. select Record Schedule and then press OK. Press button to stop recording the current channel. . Do not switch channels while recording using this function. Select Add a new schedule and press OK to add a new timer event. 5. 1. stops instant recording. 2. • The first partition of the local hard disk drive must be formatted in NTFS. recording will stop. 4. If the free space on the hard disk drive is insufficient. Recording one hour of program may require up to 2 or 3GB of hard disk space. Note : • Ensure that there is enough free space before recording.2 Scheduled Recording by manual You can set a service to be recorded at a specific time.20 - . • The recorded program is saved in the folder named My Recordings. it will switch into operation mode and start recording at a specified time. Press button to see the detailed information about the recorded program. Even if the player is in standby mode. 5.3. If you move to other channel.
5. Set the Type. Date. .21 - . Cycle. This player will be turned on automatically around three minutes before the scheduled timing. 5. The box like the left figure will be shown. . view detailed information about them. DTV EPG function is not available in analog TV or external input device.3 Scheduled recording by EPG(Electronic Program Guide) With the Electronic Program Guide (EPG). Duration. Select “Yes” to save the changes. Press EPG button to record or see the desired service or event General EPG Screen .3. Quality by using . . The following message will be shown. you can check the schedule of DTV service or event. 4.
You can check scheduled event information up to several days ahead. As you press the event name list will be refreshed correspondingly. ④ Picture window ⑤ Event name Press to open or close EPG Screen Press to change the service list • Press to move EPG date forward • Press to move EPG date backward .22 - . depending on conditions. the rows in • Shows the names of current events in a grid of rows and columns. ② ~ ③ Event name list button.① Service list • Shows the list of all services currently available.
• Press to scroll up the event name list • Press to scroll down the event name list Press to record the desired channel in DTV mode 5. Lock Ready 4. No deleting and editing is feasible. Displayed only if the program is reserved for recording 3. Press RECORD SCHEDULE button. 2. Select the desired reservation using / and press OK. Note : • The program being recorded will be added to the recorded program list • The start time of scheduled recording cannot be set within the duration of scheduled recording to start first. Displayed when the program is being recorded. The following popup menu will appear and you can pause scheduled recording. The recorded program list will appear. Select STATUS by using / button.23 - .4 Recorded program 1. .
3. Press OK by using recorded program. After selecting reserved program using / . 2. 2. to delete a OK FAIL Displayed if the recording is completed successfully Displayed if the program fails to be recorded 5. the current program is paused. The following popup menu will appear and then press Yes. And the program is resumed from that point If you press the INFO button while watching TV. Time bar displays the time gap between the broadcasting point and watching point and the amount of temporarily saved program. . Move to History icon.1. 1. the time bar information will be displayed. Note: If the status of reserved program is set to Lock.5 Time Shifted Recording You can perform Time Shifted recording while watching the currently broadcasting TV program. If you press the TIME SHIFT button on the remote control. press OK.24 - . you cannot delete the program. / . Move to Delete icon.
25 - .Note: Time shift makes the time gap between the broadcasting (live) point and watching point. . Press the STOP button to go to the live program.
Press storage. . and then select destination 5. . Locate the folder to copy or move the . 4. press PLAY/PAUSE and then the screen like left figure will be shown. Select source storage and press OK. • Select “want to create New Folder?” to create a new folder into the destination storage.6. Press HOME and select File Manger icon. move or delete the files or folders from one storage device to another one. Select the folders or files you want to copy or move. Select “Copy” or “Move” and then press OK • Item with V displayed in red indicates it is currently selected. selected files or folders and press The message like left figure will be shown. Enter Folder Name by using . 2. 3. .1 Copy or Move 1. and then select OK. File Manager This section describes how to copy. 6.26 - .
4. Select the folders or files you want to delete. Press and the screen like left figure will be shown. press PLAY/PAUSE and then the screen like left figure will be shown.6. Select Recycle Bin icon and then press OK. 3. Press HOME and select File Manger icon. Highlight Delete and press OK. 2. Select source storage and press OK. The following message will be shown. 5.2 Delete 1.27 - . .
2. Subnet Mask.1 DCHP(AUTO) If your network supports DHCP. Default Gateway.1.2 Static IP (Manual) Use this menu to manually configuring the IP address. Network Setup This chapter will guide you through the network settings such as wired. Subnet mask. 3. DNS Server IP. An on-screen menu opens 3. Select Wired Setup and press OK. Select Static IP and press OK. Select DHCP IP and press OK 5.1 Wired Setup 4.1. Enter IP addresses.28 - . NOTE: You may enter DNS server IP manually depending on the router available. 2. set this option to receive an automatic IP address and subnet mask assignment. 1. wireless and FTP. 4. Select Network icon and press OK. 1. press OK. A confirmation prompt appears and select OK to save setting. 4.7. Press HOME and select Setup icon. 4. A pop will appear and press OK to apply changes. . Select OK. DNS Sever (Provided by your ISP) by using the NUMERIC (0 ~ 9) buttons and press OK. Default Gateway. 7.
Connect USB Wi-Fi adapter to USB host port of this player. . 1. 5. If the security is enabled on the AP you connect to. Select Infrastructure (AP) and press OK.2 Wireless Setup(Optional) This section allows you to make changes to the wireless network settings. an on-screen keyboard will be shown. List of Access Points (AP) will be displayed available within your range. If you use an USB Wi-Fi adapter with other USB device. Select the AP you connect to and press OK. if encryption key is wrong or the AP does not match with the setting. 4. you may experience the stutter. Press HOME and select Setup icon.7. Select Network icon and press OK. the failure message will be shown. 2. 6. If you play high definition files over wireless connection. NOTE: If your wireless signal seems week in some spots.29 - . it may not work properly. place your router as close as possible to USB module. 5. 7. The following message will be shown when the wireless connection is configured But. Select AUTO and press OK. Enter the encryption key by using / / / and then select OK. Select Wireless Setup and press OK. 3.
① Double click Computer Management. 3. 2. to load and play the shared media files depending on . Workgroup lists will be displayed on your network. This icon on this screen lets you browse your media library. Locate the workgroup and all the shared files and folders available will be displayed on the screen. ② Open Local Users and Groups and expand the Users folder. 4. 1. NOTE ◆ You can turn the firewall function off if needed. Press HOME and select Browser icon. Make sure that this player is connected on the network. highlight it and the press OK.30 - . ◆ Windows XP(Win2000 server) User To access the shared folder. ③ Double click Guest. Make sure that the check mark next to account is disabled. ◆ It may take several minutes.7. To begin playback of the file you want.3 Browsing on the network This section describes how to playback the multimedia files shared on the local area network (Ethernet or WLAN). Select Network icon and press OK. enable Guest Account. and the Guest Properties window will appear.
g. 7. To listen to the favorite internet radio. 2. Visit the directory of community free online radio station (e. select folder > internet radio from Browser menu. If you find a radio station. www.31 - . . 4.shoutcast. 6.com) to enjoy internet radio with this player 3. Press HOME. You can remove unnecessary items from the PLS file by using the program such as Word pad in your PC 5. This player currently supports M3U and PLS streaming audio formats. Make sure that the player is connected to wired or wireless LAN. Create a folder in the hard drive by connecting to a PC. right click on the station. and then press OK.the network connection and size of shared media files 7. and choose “save target as” to save it to the folder. Disconnect the player from the PC.4 Using Internet Radio 1.
The IP addresses may vary. 2. Enter User Name using button and then press OK. it will display the station lists in the Internet Radio folder you create. and press ENTER. If the network is set to DHCP. and then press OK. 192.5 FTP Server This menu lets you determine how to copy. Make sure that the network settings are correct and FTP client program is installed on your PC to use FTP service 1. 3. Select FTP User Name to change User Name. xxx) will be assigned automatically from router. Use the right navigation button to select a Network icon. An on-screen keyboard opens. • The radio station needs to be saved as M3U or PLS format to include streaming URL. move and delete the files between PC and this player on the network. NOTE: • LAN connection required for access to internet radio station. IP addresses (e. depending on your network settings.xxx. g. 7.32 - . and press OK.When you press i-Radio on remote control. Press HOME and then select Setup icon. 4. Select FTP Password to change Password. An on-screen keyboard opens .168. / / / 5.
The default FTP User Name is guest and default password is 0000.33 - . To log on the FTP server. You can download legal FTP client software (e. The folders and files on the player will be shown on the right window.6. When you have installed FileZilla and run this software from the installed location. Drag the files and drop them to the folder directly to transfer.g. Enter NEW Password using button and then press OK. the screen like the left figure is shown. NOTE: For the detailed use of FileZilla. the screen on the left will be shown. Enter NEW Password again to confirm verify password. you must type host. You can view the realtime status of file transfer as shown below. To use FTP service. make sure FTP client program is installed on your PC. When you log on the FTP server. and press OK. 11. 9. / / / 7. 10. FileZilla) and install it on your PC. user name and password and define the port number (default: 21) as shown below. The following explains how to use FTP service by using FileZilla software 8. . refer to the online help of the website of this software.
34 - .** NOTE ** 1. It is needed to limit the maximum number of connections for a single account for the proper operation. . 2. Network connection may be disabled depending on connectivity of FTP available during the uploading of highresolution files.
1.8. select Setup on Home menu and press the OK button.35 - . To access the Setup menu.2 Channel Scan AUTO This player automatically detects all available services in your area.1 DTV Region Use this option to select your country or location. You can easily access by pressing the Setup button on your remote control. 8. MANUAL Manually add a new carrier by entering the desired carrier number or frequency band . time setting and firmware upgrade. Setup This chapter describes how to set up the TV. You can set the options such as the parental control. 8. audio. video. recording and system.1. 1 TV 8.
2 Audio 8.1 Night Mode ◆ OFF Turns off night mode or the comfort option ◆ ON Decreases audio output to a soft level for nighttime listening ◆ Comfort Softens audio output only for sudden loud portions of an audio track 8. Outputs digital audio without decoding.2 Digital Output Select this option if you are using an optical connection to output surround sound.1.36 - . ◆ HDMI LPCM Use with an HDMI connection.8. 8. Outputs audio signal with multichannel simulation whenever possible. ◆ HDMI RAW Use with an HDMI connection.3 Channel Set You can delete the unwanted channels from the searched channels. .2.2.
Outputs digital audio without decoding.37 - .1 Aspect Ratio Use this option to select the way videos are displayed.◆ Optical LPCM Use with an optical connection.3 Video 8.3. Adjust the brightness by pressing / . 8.2 Brightness You can use the on-screen menu to change the brightness according to personal preference. 8. 8.3.3. or this default setting can result in a distorted video display.3 Contrast . Make sure your TV can support this resolution. • Letter Box • Pan & Scan • 16 : 9 The default setting is 16 : 9. Outputs audio signal with multichannel simulation whenever possible. ◆ Optical RAW Use with an optical connection.
You can use the on-screen menu to change the contrast according to personal preference.4 TV Out Use this option to select the video display resolution and TV color encoding system.3.1Mbps 3. 8.1 Quality Select this option to set the quality of recorded video.5Mbps 5. 8. Adjust the Contrast by pressing / . Recording Mode HQ SP LP Bit rate 9.5Mbps Resolution(PAL) 720 x 576 720 x 576 720 x 576 .4 REC 8.38 - Resolution(NTSC) 720 x 480 720 x 480 720 x 480 .4.
2 Auto Chapter Use this option to add DVD chapter marks automatically at the certain time interval 8. 8.4.4. 8.6.2 Time Setting .7Mbps 325 x 576 325 x 576 352 x 480 352 x 480 8.1 OSD Language Select this option to choose OSD (On Screen Display) language you prefer.EP SLP 2. Leave it unchanged when you do not use this option.6 System 8.3 Permanent Time shift The default setting is off.5 Network This option allows you to set the network setting. 8.6.39 - .5Mbps 1. For more details. please go to Chapter 7.
please contact your local distributor.6. Manual Select Manual. / / ④ Press OK and save changes. You can also change your password.40 - . 8. . / / Enter HOUR/MIN. using / or NUMBER (0~9) buttons. If you have forgotten your password. Enter YEAR /MONTH/DAY using / or NUMBER (0~9) buttons.3 Parental Control You can set parental control for each program.Select this option to set the current time. NOTE The default password is 0000. Auto Set the time automatically when you tune the terrestrial channel for a certain period of time./SEC.
7. Enter New Password using the NUMBER (0-9) button. 8.7 Photo 8. Enter the New Password again to confirm password.41 - .1) Lock System This option allows you to activate the parental control.1 Slide Show Timing Use this option to set the time interval between pictures in the slideshow. 8. 2) Change Password Enter Current Password using the NUMBER (0-9) button.7. 3) TV Rating Use this option to block program according to the age level.2 Slide Show Effect .
Firmware Update In order to maintain proper performance of the product. Connect the USB drive to the player’s USB port. This will restart the system. Important: Make sure AC power adapter remains connected during the firmware update. and then select Firmware Update option.3 Background Music Use this option to listen to your favorite music with the slide show. ⑤ Once the update process is completed.1 Updating firmware from HDD Copy the latest firmware file (install. Move to System icon. NOTE: Make sure that the video and audio files be included in the same folder.Use this option to select the method to display the next slide in a slideshow. 9.img) to a USB drive’s root directory. 8. . A power disruption during the update process can corrupt the system firmware.2 Updating firmware from USB drive Copy the latest firmware file (install. ④ After restarting. the player will start again. it is essential to have the most up-to-date software. Press HOME and select Setup icon. fatal damage may be caused to the product.7. the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode. Highlight SystemUpgrade and press OK. Once the player 9. If the power is off during firmware update.img) on the root directory of the hard disk drive. and then press OK.42 - . 9.
10. Formatting the hard disk will delete all files permanently. Under Windows 2000/XP/Vista. 2. Right click on the hard disk and select New Partition to create the new partition on the chosen disk. The screen like the left figure will be shown and then choose disk management. Right click on My Computer. Once the player restarts. the new firmware is automatically loaded. and then press OK. Partition and formatting of hard disk Important: Back up your valuable data before formatting the hard disk. Once the update process is completed. you can make a partition and format the hard disk by using the Disk Manager Utility. The disk list will appear in the right side of the windows. and select Manage. Highlight System Upgrade and press OK. the player will start again. 1. After restarting. . ④ Move to System icon. and then select Firmware Update option. Note: • Other functions will not activate while firmware update takes place • It may take 3 ~ 5 minutes to update firmware. the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.Press HOME and select Setup icon.43 - . 3. This will restart the system.
4. Select the partition size. Select Primary partition and click Next 6. 5. the size is limited to Max. For FAT32. If you want one partition. When the New Partition Wizard appears.44 - . press Next. press Next. 32000MB .
the detailed information will be shown like the left figure and then click Finish. It may result in a dangerous electric shock and will invalidate your warranty. Problem Possible Causes . If you choose FAT32 file format. NOTE: We do not recommend FAT32 File System to record DTV or use time shift 9.1 Trouble Shooting If the product does not work properly after checking it. Appendix 11. 8. Click Next. When completed. Don’t open the product. 11.45 - What to do . maximum size of drive will be limited to 32GB. please contact your local dealer.7. Select File system and click Next.
Make sure that the first partition of the local drive is formatted to NTFS No picture. 11. not work. Change the batteries (both). LP. Bad picture or noisy sound Bad reception in the TV mode. EP. signal. Wrong connection of the Connect the audio/video audio/video output of the output of the product to TV product to TV.2 Specification Chipset & Tuner Chipset Tuner Realtek RTD1283DD 400MHz DVB-T HD (Analog TV is not supported) Recording Video Format Audio Format Mode MPEG2 main profile. The remote control unit does No batteries. no sound. S-LP . HQ(720x576i. MPEG4 high profile MPEG1 Layer 2 (Stereo) TS(Transfer Stream). properly to the product. 256Kbps). The remote control unit is Aim the remote control unit incorrectly aimed. Does not recognize the hard The hard disk is not Make sure that the hard disk disk correctly partitioned and has been correctly partitioned formatted and formatted. correctly.46 - . not connected cable is plugged into the wall outlet. 8Mbps/48KHz.The display on front panel The main power cable is Check that the main power does not light up. SP. No or Bad signal message Connect the antenna cable appears correctly. Time shift does not work Wrong file format of the Make sure the antenna is clean and correctly adjusted.
VOB. Czech. Scheduled Recording by manual Scheduled Recording with EPG (for Digital TV) Decoding(Playback) Video Format Codec Audio Format Codec Photo Subtitle MKV. Italian. Danish. SVCD. DTS. French.264. OGG. ISO. WMV9. SRT. AC3. ASF. VCD. Component(Y Pb Pr). Arabic. Composite(RCA) Euro SCART(Stereo). COMPOSITE HDMI 1.3. FLV. TRP H. AVI. Spanish.5 A Output : DC12V 3. RM. Dolby Digital AC3 and DTS.0A OSD Language Physical Dimension AC/DC Adapter * Specification may be changed without any notification . M4V. COMPOSITE(L/R Stereo) Optical(Digital). M2TS. Russian. TP.11n) : USB Dongle Type (Optional) English. Resolution up to 1920 x 1080p AAC. MOV.0 Host x 2EA Ethernet(100Base-Tx/10Base-T) Wireless LAN(802. DVD subtitle. German. SUB. DAT. SSA . A/V & Data In/Out Video-In Viedo-Out Audio-In Audio-Out USB LAN Euro SCART. Finnish. RA-cook Lossless JPEG(Progressive JPEG not supported). MP4. MP3. MPG MPEG. USB 2. Romanian. 840x480x10p). RA. ASS. Stereo(Analog) USB 2. Greek. Dutch.Method Time Shift. Instant Recording.0 Target x 1EA. ADPCM. RM. IFO. M3U. BMP SMI. TS. Hebrew 180 mm(W) x 140mm(D) x 70 mm(H) Input : AC100V ~ 240V 50/60Hz 1. WAV Dolby Digital Pus. MPEG1/2/4.47 - . IDX+SUB. it might not be able to support every codec used to create the files. RealVideo8/9/10(Up to 1280 x 720) M-JPEG(640x480x30p. WMV. Swedish. Polish. PNG. FLAC. Portuguese. LPCM. GIF. Turkish. Embedded in AVI *** Although this player supports the listed formats. RMVB.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?