This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Didn't you enjoy the meal? 1. year / vacation / go / last / you / did / on / ? ________________________________________ 2. movie / a / isn't / this / fantastic / ? ________________________________________ 3. instrument / play / can / a / you / musical / ? ________________________________________ 7. speak / you / better / practice / , / more / the / you / will / the / . ________________________________________ 8. more / uncomfortable / hotter / it / , / the / the / I / is / feel / . ________________________________________ Complete the sentence with one word. Example: Your sister speaks Spanish, doesn't she?
9. You've been to France, __________ you? 10. A Will you be at the party? B No, I __________. I wasn't invited. 11. I eat meat, but my sister __________. 12. A Billy doesn't like me any more. B He __________ like you! He told me yesterday.
13. A I'd love to be famous. B You __________? I'd hate it.
Complete the sentence. Use the present perfect simple or present perfect continuous form of the verb in parentheses. Example: Have you ever had (you / ever / have) an operation?
15. How long ________________________________________ (you / study) English? 16. I'm tired because I ________________________________________ (paint) the house all day. 17. I ________________________________________ (just / see) Tess at the library. 18. Sam ________________________________________ (not talk) to me recently. I don't know why. Page 1 37. Choose the word that is different.
A) big B) small C) little 31. 25. I can't go out. C) injection 23. Example: A) bruise B) blister C) cough D) rash . Josh is really s__________. D) rash VOCABULARY Complete the word(s) in the sentence. She's very possessive. and he's very silly. B) a cold 22. 38. Underline the correct word. D) asthma 24. Example: Sally doesn't likeA) sharing her friends. Some people say I'm r__________ because I don't like to show my feelings. even when he's wrong. A) kind B) match C) type 30. A) Good B) Right C) Correct 29. I hate making ___ talk with people at parties. Ben's a c__________ person. Example: My new boyfriend is definitely Mr. She often acts without thinking. ___. He's always in a good mood. Susie is incredibly ___. He's my perfect partner. He's too young. Harry wants a good job and lots of money. He never changes his opinion. I ________________________________________ (not do) my homework yet. I never know what to say. She is always looking at a mirror! A) calm B) vain C) wise Choose the word that is different. flu 21. Liz is very i___________. Choose the word that is different. He's very a__________. Sorry. James isn't my ___.cough B) temperature C) stitches 19.
35. A) wound B) X-ray C) D) scan operation 36. Choose the word that is different. __________ __________. key 43. chess allergy ache checkup cough specialist jazz allergy __________. __________ __________ Page 3 . A) heart attack B) stroke C) D) food poisoning bandage PRONUNCIATION Write the word(s) with the same sound. pressure Example: 41. Choose the word that is different. shower 42.
Height. They were sure it was a good idea and expected that a large number of people would enjoy it. let alone time to meet the next possible Mr. It's a great example of perfect time management. which was twice the percentage figure for men. although short men shouldn't lose all hope. in fact. Being too tall can be just as bad as not being tall enough. Right. Speed dating is an organized event where busy men and women have three-minute chats with more eligible members of the opposite sex than they would usually meet in a year. and its popularity was confirmed when a speeddating story line appeared in a hit comedy series on TV. What you talk about can make all the difference. but nothing could be further from the truth. seems to be important to attraction. For example. it would seem. The important thing is to be a few inches taller than the woman you're trying to talk to. too. And I'm not talking about remembering to take a shower before you go. women have a greater instinct for this than men. so don't forget to tell them about all those places you've been to and things you've seen. had made their minds up about the person they were talking to within 30 seconds. Underline the correct answer. people lead busy professional lives in which they have little time for lunch. A study carried out in 2005 discovered that it took hardly any time at all for men and women to choose who they would like to meet again in the future. A) True B) False C) Doesn’t say 49." Interestingly. Speed dating seems like an unusual activity in today's modern society. Women are attracted to men with a similar background and interests but with a very different scent. or Ms. According to a recent study.READING Read the article. Other studies have looked into how to increase your chances of success when attending a speed dating event. This study would appear to completely undermine the argument of all those romantics who wonder how three minutes can possibly be enough to decide whether somebody might be "the one. over 40 percent of women. These studies have produced some interesting results. it had spread everywhere. A) True B) False C) Doesn't say 50. it's life experiences that attract the opposite sex. You'd think that speaking intelligently about the latest movie or play would impress a potential partner. California. There's no greater turn off than a guy with an identical natural body smell. what you smell like could be vital. According to the writer. No one likes someone who's too smart. but not immediately. Speed dating is a relatively new phenomenon. Just seconds. in 1998 and was organized by a group of Jewish students who wanted to meet other singles of the same religion. we have less time to meet potential partners now. too. however. In a 2006 study carried out by a Scottish university. The first event was staged at a cafe in Beverly Hills. Example: People are busier now than in the past. The emphasis in our lives is on making the most of our free time by spending quality time with our family and friends. Increasingly these days. A) True B) False C) Doesn't say . Then they decide who might or might not be a potential partner. It hasn't taken sociologists very long to take an interest. it's no surprise that speed dating has become so popular. So. either. Within a very short time.
Write 140-180 words.how you met . Write an e-mail to a friend describing someone you have gotten to know recently.51. Mark is ___. 60.what you have in common in terms of personality and interests LISTENING [AEF4 T2] Listen to Mark and his friend Claire talking about their answers to a personality quiz. A) True B) False C) Doesn't say 53. The first speed dating event aimed to bring together people of completely different backgrounds. According to the quiz. which personal qualities does Mark have? Choose the five personal qualities mentioned or described. most only need a few seconds to decide if they like someone or not. The people who arranged the first speed dating event thought it would become popular very quickly. A) True B) False C) Doesn't say WRITING 59. A) imaginative B) immature C) D) E) F) G) H) I) J) sincere unreliable loyal stubborn irritable sociable assertive helpful Page 5 . (8 points) Write it on a separate paper and include the following information: . According to the quiz.a description of the positive and negative aspects of your new friend's personality . when people meet for the first time. A) True B) False C) Doesn't say 52. According to a 2005 study.
41. The hotter it is. 6. 12. 28. the more uncomfortable I feel. 37. 9. 23. 17.Answer Key 1. 21. 24. 14. 7. 29. 44. 33. Did you go on vacation last year? Isn't this a fantastic movie? Can you play a musical instrument? What are you thinking about? How many students are in your class? Could you tell me where the movie theater is? The more you practice. 38. 5. 2. 34. 25. 22. 4. specialist ache. haven't won't doesn't does would am have you been studying / have you studied have been painting / 've been painting have just seen / 've just seen hasn't been talking / hasn't talked haven't done has your brother had stubborn impulsive reserved ambitious cheerful immature open-minded insincere C B B A C B A D C C D C pressure. 8. 47. 10. 13. 27. 26. 15. cough checkup A B C A C . 31. 45. 32. 35. 20. 43. 40. 16. 48. 39. 11. 19. 42. 30. 46. 3. the better you will speak. 18. 36.
H A B A C C Page 7 . 53. 54. 65. F. 64. 52. B. 60.49. 59. 61. 55. 50. 62. A B B B A C B B B B Student's own answers. 51. 58. 57. 63. A. 56. D.