Event Status: UnvErifiEd Event ref no: XXXXXXXX incident details reported date: XX/XX/XXXX incident type: Crowd Control

/managEmEnt further Class: othEr Start date/time: XX/XX/XXXX 19:00 location: grEEnvallEy poliCE Station, 95 wilSon rd, grEEn vallEy involved party details involved veh details: reg no: State: Event narrative: timE: Commenced 1900 hrs, ceased 2030 hrs
datE: wed 2 march 2011 loCation: gv police Station grEEn vallEy XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX grEEn vallEy XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XX/XX/XXXX XX:XX grEEn vallEy XXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

Creating Station: Created By: Updating Station: Updated by: Created date time: Creating Station: Created By:

Between 3pm and 3.30pm an (incident) occurred at the hoxton park high School in wilson rd, hinchinbrook that resulted in the arrest of six persons with charges emanating including; affray, assault police, resist arrest, hinder police, intimidate police and fail to Comply with move on directions. Three police officers were injured, none sustaining serious or life threatening with one officer requiring treatment at liverpool hospital. the remaining two by nSw ambulance Service for facial injuries and secondary OC spray contamination. a number of persons believed to be friends, family and supporters of those arrested began arriving at the green valley police station and forming outside on the western side of wilson rd, directly across from the police station from about 4.30pm. the behaviour at that time of those persons inside the police foyer caused them being directed outside to wait for the charging of those in custody. Continual increases in the numbers of persons associated with this group was noted between 6-7pm with police estimates of 80-100 persons, mostly males, middle Eastern appearance, 18-50 years old with most forming on the western side of wilson rd. the demeanour of those present was intimidatory towards both police and members of the public. Several attempts by police to utilise community leaders who had approached police and agreed to assist in resolving this situation failed to achieve the objective of peacefully dispersing the group, with the community leader informing (police) they refused to leave or disperse. about this time, two additional police crews from liverpool laC (local area Command) as well

as two highway patrol vehicles from Fairfield were deployed to Wilson Rd and the immediate surrounds to increase the police presence and provide high visibility. Simultaneously all green valley crews were advised to return to the green valley police station. a request from (green valley police) was broadcast for available dog units to contact and attend green valley police station. the green valley commander a/Supt XXXXX, Chief inspector XXXX and inspector XXXX determined police would soon issue the group with a move on direction once sufficient police were available should the situation escalate whilst dispersing persons. Shortly thereafter, insp XXXX went outside the green valley police station for the purpose of observation and assessment of the crowd numbers and demeanour and it was noted the number of persons was now about 80. a number of these male persons appeared agitated and displayed aggressive body language. Several male persons then stepped on to the roadway in a direction towards insp XXXX’s position, who in turn went back inside. inspectors XXXX and XXXX and several other police were a short time after standing at the counter area of the station when about 10 male persons from the larger group pushed open the front doors and entered the main foyer area. police approached and instructed the persons to leave the station and commence to escort them whilst maintaining a dialogue. these persons were escorted out through the door with police then faced by about 20 or more of the male persons from the same collective group. Police were confined to a small area against glass panels and a number of those males were highly aggressive, both verbally and physical gestures with clenched fists, some lurching forward and several younger males being held back by others. At this time police were a minority and did not have a safe distance between themselves and the male individuals. police were faced with a real danger and possibility of a volatile and violent confrontation resulting in a call for further urgent assistance to ensure police containment. police were able to command a degree of compliance by some within the group to move back without resorting to the use of physical force or use of arms and appointments with their attention being bought to the existence of CCtv. the older males were sent to convince some males to retreat somewhat where the group began to move back to the western side of wilson rd. police formed up on wilson rd directly outside and with the exception of a small number of males who were staggering across the road area achieved a distance between themselves and a group of males of about 10 metres. during this time numerous additional police vehicles from neighbouring laCs arrived including Cabramatta, Liverpool, Fairfield, Blacktown, Penrith, St Marys, Parramatta, Holroyd, Rose Hill and specialist resources including SPG (State Protection Group), dog units, traffic services and highway patrol. a chronology of events is as follows: 7.51pm: Urgent assistance called on police radio 7.56pm: PORS (Public Order Riot Squad) notified and placed on standby 7.57pm: dog units to continue red with others proceeding to downgraded Code Blue

7.57pm: Situation contained with safe distance established 7.57pm: road block wilson rd b/w green valley plaza and green valley rd 8.01pm Crowd dispersing, further direction for cars still en route to downgrade to Code Blue 8.04pm: green valley police advises vKg (police radio) situation at present is under control and no further cars to proceed to the incident 8.05pm: Confirmation no injuries to police 8.12pm: Wilson Rd reopened to traffic. Police maintain HVP (high visible presence) and police deployed to areas where crowd dispersed 8.15pm: Police attempt to issue a move on direction from two groups of males from the subject group from mcdonald’s restaurant car park, off wilson rd. one male arrested for resist arrest, assault police and intimidate police. one female arrested and taken to green valley station issued a Cin (criminal infringement notice) for offensive language. it is not known whether these two persons belong to the original group of male persons. 8.18pm: green valley charge room closed and arrangements for any new prisoners to be taken to Fairfield or Cabramatta due to number of persons in custody 8.32pm: Except for small number of males remaining, crowd leave the area. DOI (Duty Officer in charge) appraised 8.42pm: DOI advises ORU and Executive notified. 9.30pm: The five persons originally charged from the incident at Hoxton Park High were released with police arranging their escort from the green valley police station by cars driven by community leaders. police vehicles maintained high visibility patrols of the immediate area with crews progressively released back to their areas and normal duties. Green Valley duty officer advised police radio the job was finished and concurrently Green Valley was re-opened for fresh custodies. All Green Valley officers were reminded of officer safety conditions when responding to incidents during the remainder of the shift. Radio was advised that Green Valley was to be notified of all incoming jobs from simless mobile sources and any jobs having suspicious detail. as a precautionary measure, the green valley station supervisor was placed in an alternative office away from glass walls facing Wilson Rd and the Green Valley police station front doors were locked with a sign indicating “please knock for police attendance”. no further incidents at the time of completing this report. There were no injuries to police from this particular incident and nil known to any individual within the group of persons referenced or any other members of the public.

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful