This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
If you do not have one, you will be asked to sign up. 2) In the search bar on the top, type the location you want to map and click Search Maps.
3) Click the dropdown arrow next to the location you want to map, and click Save To... 4) Select Create New Map from the dropdown menu, and click Save.
5) You will now see a small marker on the map in the spot you saved. Click the Edit button on the top of the left panel to change the name of the marker and add text/ pictures/etc.
6) Edit the map name and description on the left (the lead of the story works well for a description). Leave the privacy setting at Public so that everyone can see your map.
Click the placemarker to edit the name and description of the specific point. Be sure to select Rich Text in the bubble, as this lets you put pictures in.
7) To add a photo, you’ll need a URL for it. To get the URL, go to the photo on your story, right-click it, and click Copy Image Location. 8) On your map, click the small picture icon under the words Edit HTML, and paste the URL in the box. The image will automatically resize. 9) To change what the placemarker looks like, click the marker in the top right of the edit bubble and choose a new one.
10) If you want to add any more specific places, repeat Steps 2-9, selecting your new map in the dropdown list in Step 4. 11) If your mapped incident involves closed roads, alternate routes, etc., you can add a line to your map by clicking the jagged line icon at the top. Most of the time, Draw a Line Along Roads works best, because it automatically follows roads.
12) Draw the line by clicking along the road until the line is as long as you need it. Click the final point a second time to set the line. Enter a name and description for your line, just as with the placemarker. You can change the color of the line by clicking the line icon in the top right of the bubble.
13) Once you’re done adding places and lines, click Save and Done in the left panel. 14) To embed your map, click Link on the top right, then Customize and preview embedded map. DO NOT copy the embed code automatically generated in the link box, as the zooming and centering may be off.
15) Select the size map you want, zoom to where you want and center the map as you want, then copy the embed code in the box and paste in your story.