1. Explain the situations where snowflake is better than star schema 2.
How do you connect two fact tables ? Is it possible ? 3. explain the flow of data starting with OLTP to OLAP including staging ,summary tables,Facts and dim explain the flow of data starting with OLTP to OLAP including staging ,summary tables,Facts and dimensions. 4. What are the vaious ETL tools in the Market 5. What is ETL 6. Explain ODS and ODS types. 7. can you convert a snowflake schema in to star schema? 9. what is the datatype of the surrgate key 10. What is the difference between Data modelling and Dimensional modelling? 11. What is meant by Aggregate Factable? 12. what is the main FUNCTIONAL difference between ROLAP,MOLAP,HOLAP? 13. can a dimension table contains numeric values? Subscribe 14. what is BUS Schema? Subscribe 15. 1.what is incremental loading?2.what is batch processing?3.what is cross reference table?4.what is 1.what is incremental loading?2.what is batch processing?3.what is cross reference table?4.what is aggregate fact table Subscribe 16. What is ER Diagram 17. Do u need seperate space for Datawarehouse & Data mart Subscribe 18. What are conformed dimensions Subscribe 19. Explain Bill Inmon's versus Ralph Kimball's Approach to Data Warehousing. 20. Is it correct/feasible develop a Data Mart using an ODS? 21. What is the Difference between OLTP and OLAP 22. What are the various techniques in ER modelling?
What is a CUBE in datawarehousing concept? Subscribe 32. What is the business rule for writing the requirement? 24. Why are OLTP database designs not generally a good idea for a Data Warehouse 27. How do you load the data conditionally by run steps ? 25. What is hybrid slowly changing dimension 36. What is ODS 37. What is a dimension table
. What are Data Marts 28. what are the different architecture of datawarehouse 30. What are late arriving Facts and late arriving dim ? How does it impacts DW? 33. For 80GB Datawarehouse How many records are there in Fact Table There are 25 Dimension and 12 Fa For 80GB Datawarehouse How many records are there in Fact Table There are 25 Dimension and 12 Fact Tables 35. What are non-additive facts 40. What are Semi-additive and factless facts and in which scenario will you use such kinds of fact tab What are Semi-additive and factless facts and in which scenario will you use such kinds of fact tables 38. What is a Data Warehousing? 29. What is Dimensional Modelling 34. what is rapidly changing dimension? 41.23. What are the various Reporting tools in the Market 42. what is the life cycle of data warehouse projects 31. What Snow Flake Schema 26. What are slowly changing dimensions
59. What is Fact table Subscribe 46.which software will be use 55. Explain degenerated dimension in detail. SCD3 48. What is source qualifier? 57. SCD2 . What are situations where Snow flake Schema is better than Star Schema to use and when the opposite is true? 56. If this dimension has to consider only date of birth of a citizen of a country? 60. i want to know how to protect my data over networ. Microstrategy and Cognos 61. What is difference between BO.43. What is the purpose of "Factless Fact Table"? How it is involved in Many to many relation What is the purpose of "Factless Fact Table"? How it is involved in Many to many relationship? 44. What is the role of surrogate keys in data warehouse and how will u generate them? 53. how data in datawarehouse stored after data has been extracted and transformed from hetrogeneous sources and where does the data go from datawarehouse. If this dimension has to consider only date of what are the various attributes in time dimension. What are situations where Snow flake Schema is bette Difference between Snow flake and Star Schema. What are the possible data marts in Retail sales. what is junk dimension?what is the difference between junk dimension and degenerated dimension? 54. What is SCD1 . What type of Indexing mechanism do we need to use for a typical datawarehouse 45. what are the various attributes in time dimension.
. What are modeling tools available in the Market 47. Difference between Snow flake and Star Schema.? 51. What is a Star Schema 49. What is slicing and dicing? Explain with real time usage and business reasons of it's use
52. why fact table is in normal form? 58. What is Data warehosuing Hierarchy? 50.
what is the difference between Datawarehouse and Datawarehousing 64. what are the steps to build the datawarehouse 79. What is surrogate key ? where we use it expalin with examples 71. which automation tool is used in data warehouse testing? 76. what is the need of surrogate key. What is a lookup table
78.why primary key not used as surrogate key 69. what is the definition of normalized and denormalized view and what are the differences
. what is conformed fact? 74.62. What is meant by metadata in context of a Datawarehouse and how it is important? 75. what is the differences between the static and dynamic caches? 77. What is Difference between E-R Modeling and Dimentional Modeling.ODS AND DATA WAREHOUSE ?
72. What is a linked cube? 70. Summarize the differene between OLTP. How do you load the time dimension 66. what is data cleaning? 65. what is cube and why we are crating a cube what is diff between etl and olap cubes any budy a what is cube and why we are crating a cube what is diff between etl and olap cubes any budy ans plz? 73. What are the Different methods of loading Dimension tables 67. 68. what is the difference between star schema and snow flake schema ?and when we use those schema's? 63.
What is the main difference between Inmon and Kimball philosophies of data warehousing? 87.
82. Give examples of degenerated dimensions 81. what is data validation strategies for data mart validation after loading process 91. Third Normal Form 90. Differences between star and snowflake schemas
92. What is data mining
83. What are the methodologies of Data Warehousing. what are the advantages data mining over traditional approaches?
88. First Normal Form.between the what is the definition of normalized and denormalized view and what are the differences between them
80. What is Replicate. Which columns go to the fact table and which columns go the dimension table
.Transparent and Linked cubes?
86. wht r the data types present in bo?n wht happens if we implement view in the designer n report
89. What is meany by survey and extraction tables in DW?
84. What is Normalization. What is the difference between view and materialized view
85. What is real time data-warehousing 93. Second Normal Form .
e.. What type of RAID setup would you put your TX logs 102.?
96. What is degenerate dimension table? 97.. Information Packages(IP) are advanced by some author as a way of building dimensional models . How are the Dimension tables designed 103. What are Aggregate tables 101.e. and 5.g.
98..g. star schemas.94. What is a level of Granularity of a fact table
. What is a general purpose scheduling tool 100. Information Packages(IP) are advanced by some author as a way of building dimensional models . What is the main differnce between schema in RDBMS and schemas in DataWarehouse. What does level of Granularity of a fact table signify
95. What is VLDB 99. Explain the advanatages of RAID 1. Why should you put your data warehouse on a different system than your OLTP system 104. 1/0. Explain what IPs are and Give an example of it\'s use in building a dimensional model.