This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1 Reading Before Proceeding
1.1 Safety Precautions
Please read the safety precautions carefully to ensure the correct use of your mobile phone. Do not crash, throw, or puncture your mobile phone. Avoid the falling, squeezing, and bending of your mobile phone. Do not use your mobile phone in a moist environment, such as the bathroom. Prevent your mobile phone from being soaked or washed in liquid. Do not switch on your mobile phone when it is prohibited to use phones or when the phone may cause interference or danger.
Do not use your mobile phone while driving.
Follow any rules or regulations in hospitals and health care facilities. Switch off your mobile phone near medical apparatus. Switch off your mobile phone in aircraft. The phone may cause interference to control equipment of the aircraft. Switch off your mobile phone near high-precision electronic devices. The phone may affect the performance of these devices. Do not attempt to disassemble your mobile phone or its accessories. Only qualified personnel are allowed to service or repair the phone. Do not place your mobile phone or its accessories in containers with a strong electromagnetic field. Do not place magnetic storage media near your mobile phone. Radiation from the phone may erase the information stored on them. Do not put your mobile phone in a high-temperature place or use it in a place with flammable gas such as a gas station.
Keep your mobile phone and its accessories away from children. Do not allow children to use your mobile phone without guidance.
Use only approved batteries and chargers to avoid the risk of explosions.
Observe any laws or regulations on the use of wireless devices. Respect others’ privacy and legal rights when using your wireless device. Strictly follow the relevant instructions of this manual while using the USB cable. Otherwise your mobile phone or PC may be damaged.
1.2 Legal Notice
Copyright © Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 2011. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written consent of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. The product described in this manual may include copyrighted software of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. and possible licensors. Customers shall not in any manner reproduce, distribute, modify, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract, reverse engineer, lease, assign, or sublicense the said software, unless such restrictions are prohibited by applicable laws or such actions are approved by respective copyright holders under licenses. Trademarks and Permissions , Ltd. Other trademarks and product, service and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners. WOW HD, SRS and the symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. WOW HD technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc. WOW HD™ significantly improves the playback quality of audio, delivering a dynamic 3D entertainment experience with deep, rich bass and high frequency clarity for crisp detail. Notice Some features of the product and its accessories described herein rely on the software installed, capacities and settings of local network, and may not be activated or may be limited by local network operators or network service providers. Thus the descriptions herein may not exactly match the product or its accessories you purchase. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. reserves the right to change or modify any information or specifications contained in this manual without prior notice or obligation. , and are trademarks or registered trademarks of Huawei Technologies Co.,
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is not responsible for the legitimacy and quality of any products that you upload or download through this mobile phone, including but not limited to the text, pictures, music, movies, and non-built-in software with copyright protection. Any consequences arising from the installation or usage of the preceding products on this mobile phone shall be borne by yourself. NO WARRANTY THE CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE IN RELATION TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENTS OF THIS MANUAL. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO CASE SHALL HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD. BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS, REVENUE, DATA, GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS. Import and Export Regulations Customers shall comply with all applicable export or import laws and regulations and will obtain all necessary governmental permits and licenses in order to export, re-export or import the product mentioned in this manual including the software and technical data therein.
• Touch to hide the keyboard. 4 .2 Key Functions at Your Fingertips • Press to power on your mobile phone. The actual appearance and display features depend on the mobile phone you purchase.1. • Press to lock the screen when your mobile phone is active.2 Getting to Know Your Mobile Phone 2.1 Mobile Phone View 2. 2. please use the protective film with good transmittance. • Press and hold to open the Phone options menu. • Touch to return to the previous screen. Headset jack Earpiece Camera Volume key Charge/Data port ■ Note: If you apply protective film on the phone. • Touch to return to the Home screen.1. • Touch and hold to show the most recently used applications.1 Phone at a Glance ■ Note: All the pictures in this guide are for your reference only. Touch to open the menu on an active screen. • Touch to exit any application you are running.
ensure that it has been properly inserted into your phone.• Touch to open Google search for searching your mobile phone and the web. • Touch and hold to open Google search by voice.2.2. 2. Remove the battery cover. 5 . Angle the edge labeled a (with the contacts) into the bottom end of the battery slot. 2.2. Push down the edge labelled b until the battery clicks firmly into place.2 Installing Your Mobile Phone 2.3 Removing the Battery ■ Note: Do not use a sharply pointed object to remove the battery as this could puncture the battery and allow the release of toxic battery fluid. 2. 2.2.2 Installing the Battery 1. 2.4 Charging the Battery Before charging the battery. Insert the SIM card. 2.1 Installing the SIM Card There are two steps to install the SIM card: 1 2 1.
you may not be able to power on your mobile phone immediately after you begin charging the battery. . Connect the USB cable to your mobile phone. replace the battery with a new one of the same type. Then. the battery icon on the Notification bar shows the charging status. The phone begins charging. • • • 6 . it indicates that your mobile If your mobile phone is charged when it is powered on. The battery will not hold a charge for the way it did when it was new. 2. 2. Using data services increases demand on the battery and will reduce the length of time it can hold a charge.5 Important Information About the Battery • If the battery has not been used for a long period of time. When the battery icon changes to phone is fully charged. Orange: Charging in progress (when connected to charger). When the battery life becomes noticeably shorter than usual after being charged properly. plug in the connector of the charger to an electrical outlet. Status Indicator Green: Fully charged (when connected to charger). Connect the USB cable that came with your mobile phone to the charger. Allow the battery to charge for a few minutes with the phone powered off before attempting to power on the phone. The time required to charge the battery depends on the ambient temperature and the age of the battery. Red: Battery low.1. Status Indicator The color of the status indicator tells the battery status of your mobile phone.2.
2. Touch OK. Lower the screen brightness. 2. ■ Note: If personal identification number (PIN) protection is enabled on your mobile phone.3.1 Powering On Your Mobile Phone Press . Switch off Wi-Fi when you are not using it. When battery power is almost exhausted. Try the following to conserve battery power: • • • • • • • • • • • When you do not need 3G services. 7 . and how you use your mobile phone. 2. Reset the time it takes for your screen light to switch off when you leave your phone idle. Turn off your phone connection to GPS satellites when you are not using it. When your mobile phone is not in use. when you do not need them. Press and hold Touch Power off. Turn Bluetooth off when you are not using it. set your phone to connect to a 2G network.• When the battery is low on power. Lower the volume. The first time you power on your phone. Turn off the data service.2 Setting Up Your Mobile Phone The first time you power on your mobile phone. to open the Phone options menu. you will be asked to sign in to your account and set up your mobile phone. Close power-draining programs. 3.6 Battery Saving Tips The longevity of battery power depends on the network that you connect to.3 Powering Off Your Mobile Phone 1.2. 2. you must enter your PIN before using the mobile phone. switch off the screen.3.3 Power On or Off Your Mobile Phone 2. Only make your phone visible to other Bluetooth devices when you need to establish a Bluetooth connection. the phone plays an alert and displays a prompt. Use the AC adapter to plug your phone into an external power source whenever possible.3. the phone displays a setup wizard to help you set up the phone. The setup wizard helps you: • Learn about your mobile phone • Create or sign into your account • Make some initial decisions about how you want to use your mobile phone 2. your phone will power off automatically.
you will be prompted to draw the pattern on the screen to unlock it. Drag the lock icon from left to right to unlock the screen. Touch and hold: Touch an item with your finger and continue to press down until your mobile phone responds. the screen will lock automatically. ■ Note: If you have set up a screen unlock pattern.5. touch the screen and hold down until the menu appears. Press to wake up the screen.4. When the screen is locked. Drag: Touch and hold the desired item with your finger.1 Touchscreen Actions • • Touch: Use the touch of your finger to select an item.2. or start an application. 2.5 Locking and Unlocking the Screen 2. Flick: Move your finger either vertically or horizontally across the screen.2 Rotating Your Mobile Phone Screen The orientation of most screens will rotate with the phone as you turn it from upright to sideways and back again.4. Drag the item to any part of the screen.5.4 Using the Touchscreen 2. For example. 2. 8 .2 Unlocking the Screen 1. to open the options menu for the active screen.1 Locking the Screen • • When your phone is on. You can drag an icon to move or delete it. • • 2. press receive messages and calls. 2. to lock the screen. you can still If your phone is idle for a while. To move an item. confirm a selection.
6 Home Screen 10:23 Notifications bar: Displays the reminders and status icons of your phone.2.6. When a new notification icon appears on the notification bar. Display area: Shows the operation and display areas of your phone. Open the notification panel to see who the wireless network operator is or to view a message. Touch to view all your applications. 2. Touch to open the Browser. reminder. for example. Opening the Notification Panel 1.2 Notification Panel Your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new message or there is an incoming event.1 Notification and Status Icons Call in progress Call forwarding on Missed call GPS connected New voicemail GPRS connected EDGE connected Call in progress using a Bluetooth device Call on hold Connected to a PC Music playing New message GPRS in use EDGE in use 2. Touch the left or right dots to switch between the screen. 9 .6. Screen switching dots: Indicate the number of the screens on the left or right. or event notification. when Call forwarding is activated. touch and hold the notification bar. The notification panel also informs you about alarms and settings. Flick down to open the notifications panel. and then flick down to open the notification panel. Touch to open the Phone application.
3. drag the item to the trash can. Release the item to remove it from the Home screen.4 Customizing the Home Screen Adding a New Screen Item 1. Touch and hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands in size and the mobile phone vibrates. Closing the Notification Panel Touch and hold the bottom of the panel. 2. When the item and the trash can turn red. Select an item to add it to the Home screen. you can do the following: • Touch a notification to open the related application. drag the item to the desired position on the screen. 10 . 2. touch > Wallpaper. Without lifting your finger. the item is ready to be removed. Moving a Screen Item 1. On the notification panel. 2. Then flick up to close it. • Touch Clear to clear all notifications.3 Viewing Other Parts of the Home Screen 10:23 Flick your finger left or right across the Home screen. and then release it. Without lifting your finger. Touch and hold an item on the Home screen until the item expands and the mobile phone vibrates. Touch and hold a blank area on the Home screen until the Add to Home screen menu is displayed. 2.2. 2.6. On the Home screen.6. Touch and hold the small dots to view thumbnails of the Home screen and its extensions. 2.5 Changing the Wallpaper 1. Removing a Screen Item 1. Touch a thumbnail to open the Home screen or its extensions.6.
2. Remove the battery cover.7 Using a microSD Card 2. 1. Scroll down the screen. Connect your mobile phone to your PC with the USB cable. Your PC will tell you how to safely disconnect the USB mass storage device (your mobile phone) when you have finished transferring files. 11 .3 Removing the microSD Card 1. 1 2 1. If you want to expand your phone memory. and then touch SD card & phone storage > Unmount SD card. • Touch Wallpapers to select a picture and set it as the wallpaper. You can now transfer files from your PC to your mobile phone’s microSD card. 2. you can also insert a microSD card. 2. Do any of the following: • Touch Live wallpapers to select a picture and set it as the wallpaper. Open the notification bar. • Touch Gallery to select a picture and set it as the wallpaper. Carefully remove the microSD card.7. set the microSD card as USB mass storage. Your PC will detect the microSD card as a removable disk. Touch Turn on USB storage in the dialog box that opens to confirm that you want to transfer files.1 Installing the microSD Card (Optional) Your mobile phone is already equipped with a large-volume built-in eMMC card. and then touch USB connected. 2. 2.2. your mobile phone will not use this memory space. 2.2 Using the microSD Card as USB Mass Storage To transfer all your favorite music and pictures from your PC to your mobile phone’s microSD card. ■ Note: When your microSD card acts as USB mass storage. 3.7. 3. Touch > Settings. Insert the microSD card into the card slot as shown in the diagram.7.
you can dial a number or touch a number from your contact list. 2.2 Making a Call from Contacts 1. 12 .3 Making a Call from Call log 1. Touch > Contacts to display the contact list. ■ Note: Do not block the microphone at the bottom of your phone if you want your voice heard.2. Touch to the right of the log entry to dial. 3. 3.1 Answering an Incoming Call When you receive a phone call.1 Making a Call with the Phone Application 1. on a Web page. When you are on a call. or in a document. During a call. touch Dialpad to enter other numbers on the dialpad.1. 3. touch the contact you want to call. you can touch to return to the Home screen and use other functions. Touch the appropriate numeric keys to enter the phone number.1. When you are on a call. 3. Drag the to the right to answer the call. you can use the Phone application. 3.1. Touch > Phone to display the dialer. To return to the calling screen. the incoming call screen opens with the caller's name and number that you have entered in Contacts. touch the Contacts tab. Touch to dial the phone number. If you are already working with Contacts or Phone. or select a number from Contacts or Call log. ★ Tip: If you touch and hold a log entry. touch the Call log tab. 2. 3. In the list. 2. If you are already working with Contacts or Call log. the options menu will open.2 Answering or Rejecting a Call 3. 3. If you are already working with Phone or Call log. touch the Phone tab. you can answer other incoming calls or send them to your voicemail box.3 Calling To make a phone call. You can also set up conference calls with several participants. Touch to initiate the call. flick the notification bar down and touch Current call.1 Making a Call To make a call.
1 Making a Conference Call If you receive a new call while you are already on a call. dial the number of the first participant. if yes.3 Other Operations During a Call 3.2.3. This feature is known as conference calling. how many can participate. 1.2. you can connect the second call to the call you are on. After you have connected to the first participant. You can also set up a conference call with multiple callers. To initiate a conference call. 3. ■ Note: Contact your network operator to learn if conference calls are supported and.3 Rejecting an Incoming Call Drag the to the left to reject the call.2 Ending a Call During a call. keep the connection open.3. touch Add call. touch End to hang up. 13 . 3.
3. To end the conference call and disconnect everyone. you can switch between the two calls. touch Add call. and then touch Swap. received. and then repeat steps 2 and 3. Touch Create new contact or scroll through the contact list and touch an existing contact name. 4. Touch Airplane mode in the options menu. Touch and hold the entry you want to add. 3. 1. Touch Add to contacts in the options menu. 4. 5. You can use the call log to reference a recently called number quickly or add an incoming number to your contact list. To add more people. touch Merge calls to begin the conference call. 3. While you are on the first call and the second call comes in. 1. If you are already working with Phone or Contacts. answer the incoming call.5 Using Airplane Mode Some locations may require you to turn off your phone’s wireless connections. The current call is placed on hold and you are connected to the new call. 3. you can place it in Airplane mode. 14 . or missed. Rather than powering off your phone.1 Adding an entry to Contacts 1. Once you have connected to the second person. 3. The first participant is automatically placed on hold while you do this.3. or select someone from your Call log or Contacts. Enter the phone number of the next person you want to join the conversation and touch . touch End.2 Switching Between Calls If you receive a new call while you are already on a call. 3.4 Using Call log The Call log contains a list of calls that you have dialed.2. 2. 2. Press and hold .4. 2. touch the Call log tab.
When you are finished. 15 . Wait for the SIM card contents to be loaded. Then touch Add to favorites. and then add detailed information such as phone number or address. If you have more than one account with contacts. 4.4 Contacts The Contacts application enables you to save and manage information such as phone numbers and addresses of your contacts. and then touch the star to the right of the contact’s name.3 Adding a Contact 1. Touch a contact. Enter the contact's name. Touch Import from SIM card. 4. contacts with matching names appear below the search box. If you have more than one account on your phone. touch Done to save the contact information.3. 2. Contacts displays a message with hints on how to start adding contacts to your mobile phone. touch > Search. Touch > Contacts to open the Contacts application.5 Editing a Contact You can make changes to the information you have stored for a contact at any time.1 Adding a Contact to Your Favorites • • Touch and hold the contact you want to add to Favorites. The star turns gold. All of your contacts are displayed alphabetically in a list that you can scroll through. 2.2 Importing Contacts from a SIM Card 1. touch > Import/Export. 2. touch the account into which you want to import the contacts. In the contact list. you have easy access to the people with whom you want to communicate. 4. 4. 4. touch > New contact. In the contact list. In the contact list. As you type. 4. 3. Enter the name of the contact you wish to search for. touch the account to which you want to add the contact. Select the contacts you want to import or touch > Import all to import all contacts. After you save contact information on your mobile phone.1 Opening the Contacts Application If you have a new mobile phone and have not yet added any contacts. 3.4 Searching for a Contact 1. 4. 4.
touch and hold the contact whose details you want to edit. 4. Make the desired changes to the contact information. In the contacts list. and then touch Delete contact in the options menu. phone number.7 Deleting a Contact 1. 2. 4. or any other information you recorded earlier. Touch the icon for the way you want to communicate with the contact. touch the contact that you want to communicate with. and then touch Edit contact in the options menu.6 Communicating with Your Contacts From the Contacts or Favorites tab. the applications on your phone.1 Connecting Through Quick Contact for Android 1.6. 2. Touch the category of contact information you wish to change: name. In the contacts list. and then touch Done. On the contact’s details screen. 3. In the contacts list. email address.1. touch the icon to the right of the number to call or send messages. 16 . 2. touch Revert. touch and hold the contact that you want to delete. 2.2 Communicating with a Contact 1.6. and the accounts you have. This section describes how to communicate with a contact when you view your contacts list. You can also open details to view a list of all the ways you can communicate with that contact. ■ Note: The icons available depend on the information you have entered for the contact. Touch OK to confirm that you want to delete the contact. To cancel all of your changes. Touch the contact's picture or picture frame (if you have not assigned a picture to the contact) to open Quick Contact for Android. 4. you can quickly call or send a text (SMS) or multimedia message (MMS) to a contact’s default phone number. 4.
Touch once to capitalize the next letter you type. ★ Tip: Touch and hold the space where you usually write your text to open the options menu. Touch and hold for all caps. 5. Touch and hold the space where you enter your text until the Edit text menu is displayed. In others. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode. 2. Select the input method.5 Using the Onscreen Keyboard 5. Touch to insert a space. The keyboard panel will be displayed automatically. use the onscreen keyboard.1 Choosing an Input Method 1. Touch the space where you want to write text to display the keyboard. Touch to hide the keyboard. touch a text field to open the keyboard. Touch to enter text by voice. Next Touch to delete a character to the left of the cursor.1. Some applications open the keyboard automatically. 17 . Touch and hold to delete all characters to the left of the cursor. 5. 3. Touch Input method.1 Displaying the Keyboard Panel To enter text. ★ Tip: Touch > Settings > Language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Voice input to turn on or turn off voice input.1.2 Using the Android Keyboard q w e r t y u i o p k l DEL a s d f g h j z x c v b n m ?123 .
To enter apostrophes in common words drag through the ‘n’.4 Using the Landscape Keyboard If you find the keyboard inconvenient or difficult to use.3 Using the Swype Keyboard EN q w e r & $ 4 ! 7 # 1 t y u i 5 6 + : 8 9 0 / 2 3 _ % o p . Touch > Settings > Language & keyboard.1. Touch to get swype functions. :) I’ll To capitalize. ” ? ( ) a s d f g h j _ k l z x c v b n m SYM bay To enter a word. 5. EN q w e r & $ 4 ! 7 # 1 t y u i 5 6 + : 8 9 0 / 2 3 _ % o p . circle the letter. To enter double letters. Touch and hold to get helpful tips. 5. just drag your finger over the letters in the word. Touch to change from text mode to symbol/number mode.5. Touch once to capitalize the next letter you type. 2. ’ 1 ’ . :) EN q w e r & $ 4 ! 7 # t y u i 5 6 + : 8 9 0 / 2 3 _ % o p . providing you with a wider keyboard layout. turn your mobile phone sideways. Touch to insert a space. Touch and hold to delete all characters to the left of the cursor.1. 18 . ” ? ( ) a s d f g h j _ k l z x c v b n m SYM ’ ’ . go above the keypad. ” ? ( ) a s d f g h j _ k l z x c v b n m SYM ’ ’ . The screen will display the keyboard in landscape orientation. Select an input method to customize the keyboard settings.2 Customizing Keyboard Settings 1. :) Touch to delete a character to the left of the cursor. Touch twice for all caps.
Touch to display the options panel. You can touch a suggested recipient or continue entering the phone number. or video file. When the message is ready to be sent. 6. . As you enter the phone number. and touch More > Add slide to add more slides.6 Messaging The Messaging application allows you to exchange text messages (SMS) and multimedia messages (MMS) with anyone using an SMS-or-MMS-capable phone. Once you are done.1 SMS and MMS 6. 19 . Responses appear in the window. 2. and then touch Insert smiley. Enter a phone number in the To field. and your name appears in the list. • Touch Attach to add a picture. Touch > Messaging > New message. Touch Attach > Slideshow. and then select a slide to start editing it. 6. 2. The possibilities are endless. 3. 5. 3. 1. a message thread is created. Touch the composition text box to start entering your message. touch Send. 4. followed by the message you just sent. music. Enter a phone number in the To field.3 Creating and Sending a Multimedia Message You can use multimedia messages to make everyday communications very special. touch Touch to display the options panel.1. touch Send. The message list opens. With the Email application you can read and send emails. As you view and send additional messages. touch 4.1 Opening Messaging Touch > Messaging. You can record a message and send it as an audio file. use the Slideshow option. Your mobile phone is now in multimedia message mode. 3. sing 'Happy Birthday' and send it to friend. matching contacts appear. On the message editing screen. 6.1. or send a slideshow of photographs of a special event.2 Creating and Sending a Text Message 1. ★ Tip: If you want to enter a smiley face.1. 2. Adding a Slideshow If you want to attach more than one file to your message. Touch > Messaging > New message. 1. Touch the composition text box to start entering your message. • Touch Add subject to add the message subject.
2. and then touch on the accounts screen. Or touch Manual setup if you want to set the mail server yourself. Touch Done. 5. 4. touch Edit on the multimedia message screen. If. You can work with the same email service that you use on your PC or you can select another email service.2 Email Your mobile phone also puts email at your fingertips. 6. With your phone’s Email application. After creating your initial email account. In the message list.2. or other popular email services on your phone. Touch the text box to compose your message. 3.1. 2. Enter the account name and the name you want other people to see when they receive an email from you. In the message list. To alter your multimedia message. touch a text or multimedia message thread to open it. your Email opens to the screen you were viewing the last time the application was opened. 2. AOL. Touch the multimedia message to view the message.4. and then touch Send. and then touch Settings to customize the message settings. A number of popular email systems are supported.1. touch Accounts to access the accounts screen. touch the message thread you wish to view. Contact your email service provider for this information. on the Inbox screen. To customize your email settings. and then touch Add account to create another email 20 . you will need the correct parameters for the account. 2. and then touch Next.1. The Email setup wizard helps you set up your account. the Email application has not been used for a period of time.5 Replying to a Message 1.4 Opening and Viewing a Multimedia Message 1. Touch account. 6. Touch Done to finish composing your message and return to the multimedia message screen. Adding Other Email Accounts 1. answer the onscreen prompts. you can use your email account with Yahoo!. 1. After the initial setup. ■ Note: If you choose to set up your account manually. you must configure an email account. touch Send. it displays the contents of your Inbox or the accounts screen (if you have more than one account).6 Customizing the Message Settings In the message list. however. touch . 6. 6. Touch > Email. 6.1 Adding an Email Account When using the Email application for the first time. When the message is ready to be sent.
6 Changing Email Account Settings You can change a number of settings for an account. 2.4 Replying to an Email Message 1. On the accounts screen. touch and hold the email account you want to change. You can enter the necessary details manually. 4.2. If you are not ready to send the message. To send an attachment with the message. and details about the servers the account uses to send and receive mails. On the Inbox screen. Touch Remove account. touch Save as draft or touch message as a draft. 6.5 Deleting an Email Account 1. and then touch the message that you want to view. 2. you have the option to use the new account to send all outgoing messages. 1. touch the email account you want to use. touch 5. Change General settings. ■ Note: Your account’s incoming and outgoing settings depend on the kind of email service you are using. Access a folder.★ Tip: When adding an additional email account.2 Viewing an Email Message 1. When you are finished. 6. On the accounts screen. Touch Reply or Reply all to reply to the email message. touch the email account you want to use. touch Send. Touch OK. 2. how you are notified of a new mail.2. 21 . 3.2. touch the email account you want to use. and then touch Add attachment. 6.2. touch and hold the email account you want to delete. 6. including how often you check for emails. Touch > Email.3 Creating and Sending an Email Message 1. On the accounts screen. or Server settings. Enter the subject of your message and compose the message. 2. touch . In the To field. 3. 3. Touch the email message you want to reply to. enter the name or the email address. Touch Account settings. 3. On the accounts screen. On the accounts screen. 4. 2. Notification settings. 6. although you may need to contact your email service provider to obtain the correct information for the account. and then touch Compose in the options panel.2. to save the .
• If you select an open network. 2.1 Turning On Wi-Fi 1.2. Touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks. Touch Wireless & networks.1. You will see a list of detected Wi-Fi networks in the Wi-Fi networks section.2.2 Wi-Fi Wi-Fi gives you wireless access to broadband Internet access. Touch Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings. Select the Data enabled check box to turn on the data connection. touch > Settings. 2. 7. 7. 3. For this reason. you need to have an access to wireless access points (hotspots). otherwise. 3. enter the password. Note that the SIM card must be inserted.7 Getting Connected 7.1 Checking the Network Connection 1. 2. If you connect to a secured wireless network that you have already used. 7. Touch > Settings. ■ Note: Your mobile phone will automatically read the access point of the SIM card. you will be automatically connected to the network.1 GPRS/3G Your mobile phone will be automatically configured to use your wireless service provider’s GPRS/ 3G/EDGE service (if available) when you turn on the phone for the first time. Touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks.2 Turning on the Data Service 1. 2.2 Connecting to a Wireless Network 1. 7. do not change the parameters of the access point. 22 . you might not be able to access network sources. you will not be prompted to enter the password again unless you reset your mobile phone to its default settings. Touch Network operators or Access Point Names to check the network connection. Touch > Settings. Obstacles that block the Wi-Fi signal will reduce its strength. and then select the Wi-Fi check box to turn on Wi-Fi. 7. Touch > Settings. • If you select a network that is secured with Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and connect to it for the first time. After turning on Wi-Fi. To use Wi-Fi on your mobile phone. 3. Touch a Wi-Fi network to connect to it.1. and then touch Connect.
you may need to prepare your computer to establish a network connection via USB. Open the browser options menu and perform one of the following operations.3 Sharing Your Phone’s Data Connection You can share your mobile phone's data connection with a single computer via a USB cable: USB tethering. Use the keyboard to enter the web page address. touch the URL field at the top of the screen. touch : • New window: Touch to open a new window. ★ Tip: When the known or open Wi-Fi networks and the mobile networks are present at the same time. 2. • Bookmarks: Touch to display bookmarks.1 Opening the Browser Touch > Browser to open the home page.4 Browser Your mobile phone comes with a browser. 3. • Windows: Touch to go to the web preview screen. your phone will preferably select a Wi-Fi network for internet access. In a browser window.2 Opening a Web Page 1. Touch > Settings. Touch Wireless & networks > Tethering. 7. 7. You can use Browser to access and browse the Internet. 1. 7.4. ■ Note: You can not share your mobile phone’s data connection and SD card via USB at the same time.3.★ Tip: On the Wi-Fi settings screen. 2. touch Add Wi-Fi network to add a new Wi-Fi network. selecting text. to enter the web page 23 .4. 7. ★ Tip: Your browser supports Flash applications.1 Sharing Your Phone’s Data Connection via USB To use USB tethering in different operating systems. • Forward: Touch to browse the next web page. You can switch to another web page or open a new web page on this screen. • More: Touch to open other menus and perform operations such as searching. • Refresh: Touch to refresh the current page. You can touch address by voice. downloading. 7. Select the USB tethering check box to share your data connection. or setting options.
the Bluetooth icon appears in the notification bar. In a browser window. touch . touch . 2. touch it and go directly to that web page or complete entering the address of the web page you want. remember to stay within 10 meters (33 feet) of other Bluetooth devices.5. If you are using Bluetooth. 7. and then touch Bookmarks > Add. matching web page addresses will appear on the screen.4 Managing Bookmarks You can store as many bookmarks as you want on your mobile phone.3 Setting a Home Page 1. 3. 2. Use Browser to set page content.5 Bluetooth Your mobile phone has Bluetooth. touch the History tab to view the pages you have visited. In a browser screen.5 Customizing the Browser Settings Customize the browser to suit your browsing style. Adding a Bookmark 1.4. In the browser screen. In a browser window. 7. Touch . 3. Enter the address of the desired home page. talk hands-free with a Bluetooth headset. 7. Or touch the Most visited tab to view the pages you have visited most frequently. If you see the address you want.1 Turning On Bluetooth 1. 2. or even transfer photos on your phone to your PC. Touch the bookmark of the website you want to open. On the Bookmarks screen. and then touch More > Settings. 3. 7. and security preferences. and then touch OK. Touch > Settings. privacy.4. 2. 7. Touch Wireless & networks.3.4. and then select the Discoverable to make your mobile phone visible to other Bluetooth devices. The add bookmark screen opens. Edit the bookmark name as needed and then touch OK. When Bluetooth is turned on. Opening a Bookmark 1. which allows you to create a wireless connection with other Bluetooth devices so you can share files with your friends. 24 . As you enter the address. Touch More > Settings > Set home page. go to the web page you want to save as a bookmark. and then touch Bookmarks. Be aware that obstacles like walls or other electronic equipment may interfere with your Bluetooth connection. touch . and then select the Bluetooth check box to turn on Bluetooth. Touch Bluetooth settings.
7. 7.2 Pairing and Connecting a Bluetooth Device Your mobile Bluetooth lets you do the following: • Hands Free Profile (HFP): allows you to use a hands-free Bluetooth device. • Headset Profile (HSP): allows you to use a mono Bluetooth headset. 3. Touch Unpair to disconnect the device.3 Sending Files via Bluetooth With Bluetooth. 25 .5. Touch the device you want to pair with your mobile phone. Touch and hold the file to be sent. Touch Share.5. 4. The active options menu is displayed. • Object Push Profile (OPP): allows you to transfer files through Bluetooth. Touch > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings. you can share pictures. do as follows: 1. Your mobile phone will then scan for Bluetooth devices in range. Enter the pairing password to complete the connection. Ensure that the Bluetooth function on your mobile phone is enabled. You can also just touch a connected device to disconnect it. and then touch and hold the connected device.5. 2. Navigate to the Bluetooth devices section. 2. 2. you need to pair your mobile phone with another Bluetooth device as follows: 1. 3. • A/V Remote Control Profile (AVRCP): allows you to control what plays through the Bluetooth headset remotely. videos. or music files with your family and friends. Before you use Bluetooth. 7. To send files via Bluetooth. and then touch Bluetooth to select a paired device. Touch > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings.4 Disconnecting or Unpairing a Bluetooth Device 1. • Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP): allows you to use a stereo Bluetooth headset.
your mobile phone also provides you with a multitude of entertainment possibilities. and download and listen to music. 26 . the image is in focus.3 Viewing Your Photos 1.1 Opening Your Camera • • Touch > Camera to open the camera. After taking a photo. Touch to close the camera. drag down to take photos. Drag up to record videos. create videos and audio clips. The preview changes as you change the settings. touch to show the capture panel. Open your camera and switch to the camera mode. 8. 8. Touch to take a 5 photo. a thumbnail of the photo you have just taken is shown in the upper right corner of the capture screen. to take your photo. When the frame turns green. Touch and hold Release . Capture Screen Thumbnail of last 3 photo.1. 8. The camera opens in landscape mode.8 Entertainment In addition to being a communication device and personal assistant. Touch the thumbnail to view it. Touch to preview the photos or videos. change the camera settings.2 Taking a Photo 1. You can take another photo or preview your photos. Touch to customize the camera settings. You can take photos. The photo you just took is displayed for a moment. 3. 5. ready to take a picture or record a video.1 Taking Photos and Recording Videos The camera is a combination of camera and camcorder that you can use to shoot and share pictures and videos. 2. If necessary. Compose your photo within the photo capture screen.1.1. On the capture screen. 4. 8.
Frame the scene which you want to start your video.2.1. 3. 8. 8. 8. and then switch to camcorder mode. touch the controls to skip forward or back or to play or pause the video. On the video playing screen. When viewing a picture. touch to display the operations panel. a thumbnail of the video you have just recorded is shown in the upper right corner of the Capture screen.2. watch videos. Touch the screen. change the camcorder settings. • Touch Delete to delete the photo. In the Gallery.1.2. 8. 4. Use Gallery to sort photos and videos into folders. touch the folder that contains the pictures you want to view. Touch the onscreen button to do any of the following: • Touch Share to send the video in a message or post it online. 2. flick your finger left or right across the screen. 8. 2. ★ Tip: The picture viewer supports the automatic rotation function. After recording a video. The Gallery application categorizes your pictures and videos by storage location and stores these files in folders.2 Viewing a Picture 1. When you rotate your mobile phone. 2.1 Opening the Gallery Touch > Gallery to open the viewer. Touch Touch to start recording a video. 3.3 Rotating a Picture 1. and set a picture as wallpaper or as a photo for a contact. • Touch Delete to delete the video. Open the camera. If necessary. the picture adjusts itself to the rotation. If you want to view more videos.2 Using the Gallery Your Gallery application can automatically search for pictures and videos on your mobile phone and microSD card. Touch the picture to view it in full-screen mode. 27 . You can zoom in or zoom out on the picture. view and edit pictures.5 Viewing Your Videos 1. • Touch More > Set as to set a picture as contact icon or wallpaper. to stop recording. 3. Touch a folder to view the pictures or videos inside. Then the zoom panel appears. Touch the onscreen button to do any of the following: • Touch Share to send the photo in a message or post it online. 8. 5. Touch the thumbnail to view it.4 Recording a Video 1.2.
3 Playing Music 1. 4. Touch Discard to discard the changes. After copying music. 5. touch . 8. 2. When viewing a picture. Create a folder in the root directory of the microSD card (for example. 6. unmount or eject the drive as required by your PC’s operating system to safely remove the mobile phone. 2. In the list that appears.4 Adding Music to a Playlist 1. The picture is saved with the new orientation. to use another application.3. open the notification panel and then touch the song.3.4 Cropping a Picture 1. It contains four tabs: Artists. Music). Touch More. Copy the music from your computer to the folder you have created. Songs and Playlists. The Music application organizes your music files by storage location.2 Opening the Media Library Touch > Music to display the media library. Touch a category on the music library screen. 3. navigate to the USB drive and open it. and then touch Use the cropping tool to select the portion of the picture to crop. Disconnect the mobile phone from the PC.2. 2. Your music continues to play. 8. Select either Rotate Left or Rotate Right. • Drag a corner of the cropping tool to resize the image without changing the length to width ratio. On the PC. 2. • Drag an edge of the cropping tool to resize the image. • Drag from the inside of the cropping tool to move it. Touch the song you want to play. to display the more operations panel.1 Copying Music to the microSD Card 1.3. select the song you want to add to the playlist. 8. 8. 8. To return to the music controls. 28 .3. 3.2. 8. Touch Save to save the cropped picture.3 Enjoying Music You can download music files to your PC or insert a CD and copy the files to your microSD card so you can listen to music on your mobile phone. touch More > Crop. Albums. 3. Touch a category on the music library screen. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable and mount the microSD card. ★ Tip: When you are listening to music.
3.5 Playing a Playlist 1. 29 . Touch the Playlists tab on the music library screen. 8.3. • Touch Current playlist to add the song to an existing playlist. Touch and hold the playlist you want to play.3. Touch and hold the song. • Touch New to create a playlist and add the song to it. and then touch Add to playlist in the options menu. Touch Play to play the playlist. 2.
1 Creating a Google Account If you do not have a Google account. When you turn on your mobile phone for the first time. you can create one: 1. and then touch Next. The Inbox mail list appears. you may have configured it to use an existing Gmail\Google Mail account or create a new account. services. The first time you open the Gmail\Google Mail application on your phone. go to the Accounts & sync settings screen. your Inbox will contain the messages from your Gmail\Google Mail account on the web. touch Next. 9.2 Using Gmail\Google Mail Gmail\Google Mail is Google’s web-based email service. After reading the setup information. Please follow the local laws and regulations to use them. you will be prompted to choose another one or select one from a list. 2.1 Opening Gmail\Google Mail Touch > Gmail\Google Mail. ★ Tip: To use another Google account. Touch Create. touch a Google services such as Talk. When the Google Terms of Service screen appears.9 Google Services ■ Note: Availability of Google applications.2 Switching Between Accounts 1. Enter and confirm your Google account password. 30 . 8. In the mail list. Enter the characters that appear on the screen. 6. and then enter the answer. If the username you entered is already in use.2. touch . last name. and touch Add account to select which type of accounts you want to add. ■ Note: Ensure that your mobile phone has an active data connection (3G/GPRS) before you sign in to your Google account. touch Sign in and enter your username and password. 3.2. Select a security question from the drop down menu. Any emails you decide to keep on your mobile phone will go to your Inbox folder. Touch Create. If you already have a Google account. Gmail\Google Mail. 5. The mobile phone will connect to the Google server to check whether the username is available. 9. touch I agree. or Market. and then touch Accounts. Enter a first name. and you will be prompted to sign in to your Google account. and features may vary according to your country or carrier. 9. Next. 7. 9. When you first set up your phone. and then touch Next. 4. and user name for your Google account.
touch the email that you want to reply to or forward. 3. If you want to send a copy (Cc) or a blind copy (Bcc) of the email to other recipients.3 Creating and Sending an Email 1. and then touch Search. Reply to all. 3. touch . specify the message recipients and add any additional text you want to include with the forwarded message.2. Touch Send. In the mail list. You can use it to communicate in real time with other people using Talk on a phone or on the web. or Forward.2. Do one of the following: • If you selected Reply or Reply to all. If you are sending the email to several recipients.6 Customizing Your Gmail\Google Mail Settings In the mail list. 31 . and then touch 9. . In the mail list. If you want to add a picture attachment. Enter the search keywords in the box.4 Replying To or Forwarding an Email 1.1 Opening Talk Touch > Talk to open the application. and then touch Compose. Enter the email subject and write your message. touch you want to attach.2. touch Mail.3 Using Talk Talk is Google’s instant messaging service. 4. 9. 9. 2. After composing your email.2. Touch Reply. Touch the account that contains the email you want to read. 4. and then touch Attach to select the picture 9. • If you selected Forward. touch . and then touch More > Settings to customizing your Gmail\Google 9. Enter the message recipient’s email address in the To field. 2.5 Searching for an Email 1. separate the email addresses with commas. touch Send. and then touch Add Cc/Bcc. 2. . In the mail list. ■ Note: Your Talk account is based on the Google account you set up with your mobile phone. 9.2. enter your message. You can add as many message recipients as you want.3. touch . .
3. select Silent. Use the onscreen keyboard to enter text and chat with your friend.4. 3.2 Adding a Friend 1. your mobile phone can play a sound.9.6 Signing Out of Talk In the friends list screen. 9. 9. vibrate.3.3. Select the check box to make your mobile phone vibrate when you receive a new instant message. or other kind of map. and then touch Sign out to quit Talk.3. and get detailed directions to various destinations on a satellite. Enter the Talk instant messaging ID or Google email address of the friend you want to add. Then touch Settings. or display an icon. . 9. In the friends list. and then touch Accept. 2. and then touch Add friend. traffic. touch . touch Touch Send invitation. Vibrate 9. If you have invited anyone to chat or if someone else has invited you to chat. To set up one of these handy notifications. view real-time traffic conditions (depending on availability in your locale). After entering your message. this information will appear in the friends list.3 Accepting an Invitation 1. Touch a pending invitation.4 Starting a Chat 1. touch Send. In the friends list. 2. You will hear a short sample of the ringtone when you select it. 2. 3. To turn the ringtone off. touch a friend's name in the friends list. start in the friends list.3.1 Enabling Location Source Before you open Maps to find your location or search for places of interest.5 Setting Notifications for New Instant Messages Whenever you receive an instant message. 9. and then touch . 32 .4 Using Maps Maps lets you find your current location. you must enable "location source". Touch to choose the ringtone used for a new instant message. 9. Now choose from one of the following: IM notifications Select ringtone Select the check box to receive a notification on the notification bar when you receive an instant message.
Touch the icon for car. 3. Your search results will then be displayed. 9. public transit. 3.2 Searching for a Video 1. 9.4 Getting Directions 1. select the Use wireless networks check box. On the YouTube screen. 9. On the YouTube screen.5 Using YouTube YouTube is Google’s free online video streaming service for viewing. 3. and then touch the Search icon. touch and hold a video entry. Enter the starting point in the first text box.3 Sharing a Video 1. Top rated. touch > Clear map to reset the map. Touch > Settings.4. 2. or walking directions.4. touch . When you finish viewing or following the directions. 3. While viewing a map. or both. You will see a number of search results displayed below the notification bar.1 Opening YouTube Touch > YouTube. On the map. touch . and then touch Search. 2. 9. 2. 9. and then touch Directions. and then enter your destination in the second text box.5. 5. Use GPS satellites check box. 6. and then touch Share on the options menu. Touch a direction item on the list to show it on the map. 2.2 Opening Maps Touch > Maps to open the application.4. In the My Location section.5.1. 33 . You will then see the YouTube screen. such as Most viewed. and more. Enter the place you want to search for in the search box. The videos will be grouped into categories. 9.3 Searching for Places of Interest 1. 4. Touch Go. do one of the following: • While viewing a list of videos. and uploading videos. Enter a search keyword. Scroll through the results and touch a video to watch it. touch . Your directions will appear in a list.5. Touch a place you are interested in and the application will show where it is on the map. searching for. 9. Most discussed. and then touch the Search icon. and then touch Search. Touch Location & security.
To stop an item from downloading. 2. 2. whichever is displayed.• While watching a video.3 Installing an Application ■ Note: If you want to install a non-Market application. To check the progress of a download. including: • • • • • Featured applications. touch OK to remove the application from your mobile phone. and send it. 5.6. After the application has been downloaded and installed on your mobile phone. which you can sort by popularity (most to least) or by date (newest to oldest). List of games. touch Downloads. and then touch Uninstall. 9. touch > Settings > Applications. Touch > Market.1 Opening Market 1. and user comments. 2. touch Install (if the item is free) or Buy. the Android Market Terms of Service window will appear. 3. Compose a message if you like. 4. Search function. 6. or send the developer an email. overall rating. When you open Market for the first time. you can see other applications from the same developer. touch 2. On the item details screen.6. . touch Cancel download. 1.2 Searching for Applications There are a few different ways to find applications on the Market home screen. When prompted. Most applications are installed within seconds. open the notification panel.6 Using Market Android Market provides direct access to applications and games which you can download and install on your phone. Touch the application you want to uninstall. address the email. 3. touch Apps. and then select the Unknown sources check box to allow installation of the non-Market application. and then touch Share.4 Uninstalling an Application 1. Your downloads. On the Market screen. 34 . link to the developer's website. 9. read more about the application. List of applications by category: Includes subcategories. including its cost. and then touch the item you want to download.6. Touch Accept to continue. 9. If you scroll down to the About the developer section. 9. 9. In the Market. Touch a category. To install the item.6. the content download icon appears in the notification bar.
and then touch OK. 35 . Choose the reason for removing the application.4.
such as the first account you signed into on the mobile phone. 10. Touch the kind of account to add. you may be asked to configure what kind of data you want to sync to the mobile phone. and calendar are always available. all personal information associated with it will be deleted. 3. so your personal email. however. depending on the applications installed on your mobile phone. If you like. Depending on the kind of account.1 Managing Your Accounts You can synchronize contacts.1 Adding an Account When you add an account. the contact data itself is not merged. you may need to obtain account details from an IT support. you may add multiple Google accounts or other accounts. including email. deleting it and all information associated with it from your mobile phone. settings. When your phone is synchronizing. ■ Note: In some cases. change. You could then add a work account. Touch Add account. to name the account. email. 5. you may need to know the account’s domain or server address. On the Accounts & sync settings screen. and so on. For example. Configure the account. contacts.2 Removing an Account You can remove an account. and edit on your computer. but the details depend on the kind of account and the configuration of the service to which you are connecting. the updated information also appears on your mobile phone. 4. If you add. the account is added to the list in the Accounts & sync settings screen.10 Synchronizing Information Some applications on your mobile phone give you access to the same personal information that you can add. and for other details. or delete your information in any of these applications on the web. 10. so your workrelated emails and work contacts are handy. 1. touch the account to delete. 1. 10. 36 . Touch > Settings > Accounts & sync. remove some accounts. 2. When you are finished. You cannot. This is made possible through over-the-air data synchronization. For example.1. If you attempt to remove certain accounts. While it is presented as a single contact entry. a data synchronization icon will be shown in the notification bar. Most accounts require a username and password. Contacts compares contacts from the newly synchronized account with contacts from your existing mobile phone accounts and attempts to merge duplicates into a single entry in Contacts. contacts. and other information on your mobile phone with multiple Google accounts or other kinds of accounts. you can start by adding your personal Google account. Follow the onscreen steps to enter the required and optional information about the account. The screen displays your current synchronization settings and a list of your current accounts.1. view. The process occurs in the background and does not interfere with use of your mobile phone.
Calendar stops synchronizing events. touch the account whose synchronization settings you want to change. For some accounts.1 Configuring General Sync Settings On the Accounts & sync settings screen. 10.2. changes that you make in Contacts on the phone are automatically made in Google Contacts on the web. If you clear this option. Some accounts support only one-way synchronize. Select or clear the check box of information you want to synchronize to the mobile phone. 10. 10. For example. 3. the information on your mobile phone is read-only. and so on.2. You can also configure what kind of data you synchronize for each account. The data and synchronization screen opens. synchronizing is two-directional. Confirm that you want to remove the account. when they are running in the background). 37 . Selected items are configured to synchronize to your mobile phone. • Select or clear the Auto-sync check box to control whether changes you make to information on the phone or on the web are automatically synchronized with each other.2. changes that you make to the information on your mobile phone are made to the copy of that information on the web.2 Customizing Your Account Synchronization You can configure background data use and synchronization options for all the applications on your phone. Touch Remove account. Gmail\Google Mail stops receiving new mail. when this option is selected. displaying a list of the kinds of information the account can synchronize.2 Changing an Account’s Synchronization Settings 1. 3. On the Accounts & sync settings screen. until you touch the Refresh menu item or send an email. 2. do the following: • Select or clear the Background data check box to control whether applications and services can transmit data when you are not working with them directly (that is.
Touch the Add reminder button to add a reminder. the calendar on your phone can be synchronized with the internet-based calendar you use. When the time comes. touch . 4.3 Setting an Event Reminder 1. Week. Touch Done. 11. 2. 11. On any calendar view. Set the time of your event reminder in Reminders. set the date for From and To. and then touch New event. and then specify in Repetition whether the event recurs and. how frequently. meetings. Enter the event name. 5. 7. A new event details screen will appear with the selected time slot and date in the From and To fields. and then touch More > Calendars. Touch the reminder time. and then select the All day check box. you will receive a notification about the event. 6. Enter email addresses to invite guests to the event. or Month view. Then touch More > Settings. touch . On any calendar view. touch screen. • If the event is a special occasion such as a birthday or a day-long activity. touch an event to view its details or an event summary. • If there is a time frame for the event.1 Opening the Calendar Touch ★ Tip: To access Google calendar.2 Creating an Event 1. Enter the location of the event and a description.4 Customizing the Calendar Settings On any calendar view.1. 2. 38 . select the calendar where you want to save the event.1. 11. touch and hold an empty time slot.1. and appointments. Or touch the reminder’s “-” button to delete an existing reminder.1.11 Using Other Applications 11.1 Using the Calendar Use Calendar to create and manage events. touch From and To to set the beginning and end times of the event. if it does. . If you have more than one calendar. 11. 3. Depending on your synchronization settings. and then touch the length of time before the event when you want to be reminded. Then touch More > New event to open the Event details ★ Tip: To quickly create an event in the Day. 3. > Calendar to open the application.
1 Opening the Calculator Touch > Calculator to open the application. 5. Set the alarm.2. On the alarm list screen. Select the Vibrate check box to have the phone vibrate. the Clock application displays information about the weather and your phone.• • • • • Hide declined events: Select to hide events for which you have declined invitations. 11.3.3 Using the Calculator Use the calculator to solve simple arithmetic problems or use its advanced operators to solve more complex equations. 11. You can also use Clock to turn your mobile phone into an alarm clock. to open the Alarms. Touch Time to set the time of the alarm. 4. along with your local weather and other useful information. touch . 39 .2 Using the Clock In addition to displaying the date and time. On the alarm list screen. touch one of the alarms on the screen. Customizing Alarm Settings On the alarm list screen. 3. in addition to playing the ringtone.2 Opening the Alarms On the Clock screen. Default reminder time: Touch to select the default time before an event for event reminders to occur. 2. 11.2. Touch Done. 11. and then touch Done. touch Adding an Alarm 1. Select ringtone: Touch to select the ringtone to sound when you receive an event reminder. Set alerts & notifications: Touch to set event reminders to alert you.1 Opening the Clock Touch > Clock to open the application. 7. Touch Ringtone to select a ringtone for the alarm. or to turn off event notifications on your mobile phone. 6. 2. Vibrate: Select to vibrate the mobile phone when you receive an event notification. touch Add alarm. send you a notification. Touch Repeat to set the days when you want the alarm to sound. and then touch Settings. 11. Touch Label to enter a name for the alarm. Setting an Alarm 1. Clock opens with the date and time displayed on your Home screen wallpaper.
4 Using the Note pad Note pad features a simple text processor and lists all notes in a linear structure. 1. 3. and then touch Add note to create a note. and delete notes.11. You can add. 2. . 11.2 Switching to the Advanced panel On the Calculator screen. 40 . to save the note. edit. Touch Touch Touch > Note pad to open the application. flick the screen to the right or left to switch between Advanced panel and Basic panel.3.
On the Settings screen. 2. Clear the Automatic check box. To set a longer or shorter idle time. and then select the desired time zone from the list. 2.2. and year. your mobile phone automatically uses the date. time. you cannot manually set the date. touch Date & time.1 Setting the Date and Time By default. it will turn off the screen to save battery power. Touch OK to save the adjustment. 7. 5. touch Touch Set when the configuration is complete.1 Adjusting the Screen Brightness 1. and then touch Set when the configuration is complete. Touch Set date. 3. 12. touch or to adjust the date. or right to make it brighter.1 Turning On Silent Mode 1.3. and time zone. Select the duration you want the screen to be illuminated.3 Setting Ringers 12. 3. or to adjust the hour and minute.2 Adjusting the Time Before the Screen Turns Off If your mobile phone is idle for several minutes.12 Managing Your Mobile Phone To configure your mobile phone. 6. 12. On the Settings screen. touch Sound. 41 . 2. and music and video media sound. Touch Select date format to select how you want the date to display on your mobile phone. Select the Silent mode check box to silence all sounds except alarms. Scroll the list to view more time zones. On the Settings screen. touch > Settings. 12. month. ■ Note: When your mobile phone is using date and time settings provided automatically by the network. touch Display > Screen timeout. and time provided by the network. 12. Touch Set time. On the set date screen. 2. Drag the slider left to make the screen darker. time zone. touch Display > Brightness. do the following: 1.2. 1. 4. Select or clear the Use 24-hour format check box to switch between 24-hour format and 12hour format.2 Setting the Display 12. On the Settings screen. On the set time screen. Touch Select time zone.
1. touch Call settings to customize your call functions. On the Settings screen. 3. 12.3.3. Ask your wireless service provider about data roaming fees. Clear the Data enabled check box. 2. touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks.4. You can also adjust the volume from the settings screen. 12. 12.4 Changing the Message Ringtone 1.3 Switching off the Data Service 1. 2.4. 12.1 Customizing Call Settings You mobile phone service provider offers different services such as call forwarding. On the Settings screen. touch Sound > Phone ringtone. On the Settings screen. touch Wireless & networks > Mobile networks. On the Settings screen.12. 42 . fixed dialing numbers. and voicemail. for applications that can take advantage of this feature. call waiting. Touch the ringtone you want to use. > Settings > Select ringtone.4 Setting Phone Services 12. The ringtone plays when selected. On the Settings screen. 2.5 Setting Text-to-Speech Use the Text-to-Speech settings to configure the Android text-to-speech synthesizer. Drag the slider left to make the volume lower.3 Changing the Phone Ringtone 1. Touch OK to save the adjustment.2 Turning on Data Roaming 1. touch In the message list.4. 12. touch > Messaging. 3. or right to make it higher. 2. and then touch OK.2 Adjusting the Volume You can adjust the volume from the Home screen or any application screen (except during a call or when playing music or videos). Press the Volume keys to adjust volume to the level you desire. Touch the ringtone you want to use. On the Home screen.3. You can customize many of these services if they are part of your calling plan. touch Sound > Volume. 12. Select the Data roaming check box. ■ Note: Accessing data services while roaming may incur additional charges. 2. The ringtone plays when selected. and then touch OK.
7 Managing Applications 12.6. On the Settings screen. Use the keyboard to enter the SIM card PIN. Select the Lock SIM card check box. touch Change SIM PIN. To change your unlock screen pattern. Lift your finger from the screen when you are finished. • Touch an application directly to view its details.5. 2. Flicking your finger vertically. 12. On the Settings screen.6 Protecting Your Mobile Phone 12. ■ Note: You can dial emergency numbers any time from your mobile phone. touch Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings > Speech rate. On the Settings screen. 2.2 Protecting Your Mobile Phone with a Screen Lock To keep your data more secure. 43 . 2. 4. Then touch an application to view its details.5. touch Applications > Manage applications. Your mobile phone will record the pattern. 2.6. touch Location & security > Change screen lock. not simply touch individual dots. 4. Touch Continue. In the applications list. touch Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern. and then touch Sort by size. 1. 12. Follow the instructions to install the voice data.12. 3. and then touch Confirm. 2. horizontally or diagonally. touch Voice input & output > Text-to-speech settings > Install voice data.1 Installing Voice Data 1. You must flick your finger on the screen to create the pattern. 12. To change the SIM card PIN at any time.1 Viewing an Installed Application 1. When prompted. 3. If your mobile phone does not have speech synthesizer data installed. connect at least four dots in any order you choose. Select a speed at which the text is to be spoken. lock the screen and/or require a screen unlock pattern every time your mobile phone is turned on or wakes up from sleep mode. and then touch OK. On the Settings screen. 12. do any of the following: • Touch . touch Location & security > Set up SIM card lock.7.1 Turning on Your SIM Card PIN 1.2 Adjusting the Speech Rate 1. connect to Android Market and let it guide you through the process of downloading and installing the data. 3. On the Settings screen. draw the screen unlock pattern again.
touch Privacy > Factory data reset. 2. 44 . and then touch Uninstall to remove the application from your mobile phone. all of your personal data stored on the phone. 2.1 Backing Up My Data You can use your Google account to back up your mobile phone’s settings to Google servers. Uninstall any downloaded programs that you no longer use. clear all temporary Internet files and Browser history information. 1. 2. On the Settings screen. Select the Back up my data check box.8. and then restarts. Reset your mobile phone. any other accounts. touch Reset phone.8 Resetting Your Mobile Phone 12. touch Privacy. your system and application settings. 12. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings. 12. If you replace your mobile phone. and then touch Erase everything. When prompted. In Browser. the settings you have backed up will be transferred to the new mobile phone the first time you sign in to your Google account. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your microSD card.2 Removing an Installed Application 1. On the Settings screen.3 Ways to Free Up Your Mobile Phone Memory • • • • Move files and email attachments to the microSD card. such as music clips or photos. Touch an application.12. 12. and any applications you have downloaded will be erased. including information about your Google Account.7.7. touch Applications > Manage applications.8.2 Restoring Factory Data If you reset your phone to the settings that were configured at the factory. On the Settings screen. 1.
and drag downwards to open the notifications panel. Then touch the current call notification to return to the calling screen. How do I prevent automatic switching of orientation when rotating phone? Touch > Settings > Display > Auto-rotate screen to disable the function. you can touch the notification bar. if you’re on another screen. flick downwards to open the notifications panel. How do I stop the song playing in the background? Touch the notification bar. and then touch the music playing notification to go to the music playing screen. and then touch Use as phone ringtone.13 Appendix 13. How do I create an application shortcut on the Home screen? Touch and hold an application icon on the main menu screen until the Home screen is displayed. How do I set the unlock pattern? Touch > Settings > Location & security > Set up screen lock > Pattern. 45 . How do I return to the calling screen? While on a call. Then drag the icon where you want it to go and release your finger. How can I change the keyboard mode? Touch and hold the area where you write text and then select the input method you prefer.1 FAQ How do I set a song as phone ringtone? Touch and hold the song to be set as ringtone. How do I hide the keyboard? Touch to hide the keyboard.
Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. V100R001_03 .for Android™ Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?