GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING THE Mini PROJECT REPORT FOR IV/IV B.
Tech ISemester The project report should be submitted in A4 size. Number of copies to be submitted : Three (One for personal, One for department, One for Internal Guide). The certificate should consists of names and roll numbers of all batch members for the above three copies. Paper, Typing , Format: • • paper (A4 size) should be used for the preparation of the project report. Typing should be done on one side of the paper with character font in size 12 (Title 16, Sub Title 14) of Times New Roman. The layout should provide a margin of 4 cm on the left, 3 cm on the top and bottom and 2 cm on the right. i.e. Left margin space 4 cm top and bottom margin space 3 cm Right margin space 2 cm Fresh paragraph should commence after five spaces. One and half line spacing shall be provided throught the report. The page numbers should be indicated at the bottom-middle of the each page. Should not underline the heading/subheadings and should not put colons ( : ) in headings or subheadings. Chapter name should be bold and centered. •
• • • •
• The dissertation shall be properly spiral bindined. The front cover should indicate in suitable embossed letter the following: (See the sample format of front cover)
First page Top: Title Name and Roll No. College Emblem Bottom: Department of Computer Science and Engineering Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology (Affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) Hyderabad Year: 2004
The results embodied in this project report have not been submitted to any other University or Institute for the award of any Degree or Diploma.Tech By Name of the Candidate Roll No. (See the sample format )
Certificate This is to certify that the project report entitled ………… being subitted by Mr/Mrs……. (Head of the Department) Guide Name Designation
.Second Page • Title Mini Project report submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirement for the award of the Degree of B. in partial fulfillment for the award of the Degree of Bachelor of Technology in CSE to the Jawarlal Nehru Technological University is a record of bonafied work carried out by him under my guidance and supervision.
The second page should contain the following (See the sample format )
Department of Computer Science and Engineering Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology (Affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) Hyderabad
• The third page should contain a certificate signed by the guide(s) in the following format and should be on the college letter head..
The fifth page may include the Acknowledgement
• The sixth page should contain an abstract of the Project report.iii.2. list of tables.
Seventh and Eighth Page
• In this page.iv. and photographs and notation must be provided. Ex. Software Requirement Analysis(2-5 Pages) 4. list of figues.ii. Literature Survey/Review of Literature(1-3 Pages).2 Define the modules and their functionalities
. a table of contents. 3. 2. The candidate may emphasise here his contributions.3……
Arrangement of Chapters
The following is suggested format for arranging the project report matter into various chapters: 1. Software and Hardware requirements (1 Page).e. 4.
Important Note: All the above pages are to be numbered in Roman numerals of lower case.Fourth Page
The fourth page may include the Certificate given by Organization or Company where you have done your project.1 Define the problem 4. Introduction This chapter must describe introduction about your project (1-5 Pages). 1. College certificate should precede this certificate. i.… The document pages must be numbered using numbers i.
e. o E-R Diagrams
6. the report consisting of o Tables – explaining all fields and their data types o Stored procedures (PL/SQL) 7. 2. For Database projects. 1. There is no need to indicate the number for the first paragraph in a chapter. where first digit represents the Chapter Number and second digit the paragrahph number. Instead use the bold letters. This UML diagrams must include the following Class Diagrams Interaction diagrams-Sequence and Collaboration diagrams Object Diagrams Usecase diagrams Database Design For database projects.. 9. 2.2 etc.2 etc. Software Design (4-8 Pages) The design part must include the following items UML diagrams. Appendices (if any).1.1. if any indicated as 1. Output Screens (2-5 Pages) Should include all user interfaces and output screens. Sub-paragraphs. the second representing the paragraph and third representing the subparagraph. i. The project report should be : Min 25 pages to Max 40 pages Arrangement of Paragraph in a Chapter: • Each paragraph in a chapter should be properly numbered for example. Testing (1-3 Pages) Various test cases (two or three) for black box and white box testing 8.5. References/Bibliography (1 Page) 10. the report must include the following items.1. Coding /Code Templates (3-5 pages) Consist of coding or code outline for various files Explain each class with functionality and methods with input and output parameters.
. Don’t underline the headings or subheadings or side heading. first digit representing the chapter.1.
the second digit represents Figure number. the first digit representing chapter and the second digit represents table number.1. and Tad Jones. Eg: Berry. 1. where the first digit represents the chapter.2 etc. (An article in a journal) Booth. 1. Title of the book or paper. photographs and tables occuring in a chapter may be serially numbered as Fig." Journal of Popular Culture 19. 1. The photographs may be represented as Photo 1. "The Sinister Oriental Thriller: Fiction and the Asian Scene..2 (1985): 49-61. • The bibliography list should be made strictly in alphabetical order of the name of the authors.2 etc.
• The graph should clearyly indicate the points.2 etc. year. Publisher name. Jason.Photographs/Figures and Tables
• • • The figures.
. 1. All the letters in the graphs should be written with stencils.
Bibliography or References: • The following format may be used for writing the Bibliography/References. Robin W. Winks.." Critical Inquiry 1 (1974): 1-22. Jonathan Foose.1. Up from the Cradle of Jazz: New Orleans Music Since World War II. The tables may be represented as Table 1. Wayne C. the first digit representing chapter and the second digit represents Photograph number. Athens: U of Georgia P. which are used for drawing the curve or curves.1.. 1986. "Kenneth Burke's Way of Knowing.
Sample format of Second page
YOUR PROJECT TITLE (28 Size)
Project report submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirement for the award of the Degree of B. Hyderabad) Gandipet.Tech
By Your Name Your number
Department of Computer Science and Engineering (18 SIZE) Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology (Affiliated to JNT University. Hyderabad-75
Sample format of certificate page(Third Page) on college Letter-head
This is to certify that the project report entitled YOUR PROJECT TITLE being subitted by Mr/Mrs Your Name in partial fulfillment for the award of the Degree of Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering to the Jawarlal Nehru Technological University is a record of bonafied work carried out by him under my guidance and supervision. The results embodied in this project report have not been submitted to any other University or Institute for the award of any Degree or Diploma.
( Head of Department CSE
(Your Guide Name) Designation