This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Care and maintenance tips
1. Unscrew cap, barrel and front section
2. Screw nib into rear end of the barrel 3. Insert nib in capillary cartridge and press down as far as it will go (a ”click” indicates that the cartridge seal has been broken and the cartridge is seated all the way)
4. Replace barrel
5. Screw on front section until no gap is visible
6. Shake only gently to start pen for first use
• to store seal with cap and lay horizontally or put in Pen-Station
Changing the capillary cartridge
1. Use Sanford rotring rapidograph capillary cartridges only!!! 2. Unscrew barrel and front section
3. Thread rear end of barrel part of the way onto the nib and pull to remove
4. Tap any remaining ink out of the nib and wipe it off
5. Press nib into new capillary cartridge until it ”clicks”
6. Replace barrel
7. Screw on front section until no gap is visible
• as one gets a brand new ink helix when changing the capillary cartridge cleaning of helix isn’t necessary. Nevertheless, nib and cap should be cleaned from time to time. 1. Unscrew barrel and front section – press sealing sleeve out of cap.
Thread rear end of barrel part of the way onto the nib and pull to remove.
Tap any remaining ink out of the nib.
4. Never disassemble the drawing nib , as this will void the warranty!!! 5. Use rotring cleaning aids: fill cup half-full with water - add cleaner concentrate - place disassembled pen parts in basket - shut unit and turn upside-down - cleaning solution rinses through the pen parts for "overnight"-cleaning of even the most stubborn ink residues
After cleaning, rinse all components with clean water and dry carefully.