This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
About Kardena Pauza
Hi! My name is Kardena Pauza, and I’m a personal trainer and certified nutrition expert. In 2003 I completely changed my life by adopting a meat-free diet. And since then, I’ve been living the vegetarian lifestyle and loving it. At first I made many common vegetarian eating mistakes, but since then I’ve developed a simple, high-energy diet meal plan that has helped me build the body of my dreams. And I’m here to show you how to do it as well. Once you get started with a meatfree diet (and even dairy-free and egg-free), you’ll be amazed at how much mental and physical energy you can have all day long. You’ll no longer feel sluggish or tired after eating big heavy meals. You won’t fall asleep at your desk. You won’t be a zombie at work or at home when your kids want to play. And best of all, the body fat will just melt right off of you thanks to your new diet. As you can imagine, people have a lot of preconceived notions about a vegetarian diet and think that it will just make them weak, tired, pale, and sickly looking. But that is NOT the case if you eat the right foods. And once you try going completely animal-free, I know you’ll be hooked on the new vitality and energy in your life. I look forward to helping you, and please let me know if you have any questions! See you in the kitchen, Kardena Pauza Author,
Table of Contents Smoothies ............................................................................................................... .pg. 4 Desserts .................................................................................................................................pg. 11 Breakfast............................................................................................................... .pg. 27 Lunch .................................................................................................................... pg. 44 Dinner................................................................................................................... .pg. 67
SMOOTHIE RECIPES 1. Banana Carob Smoothie You’ll love this yummy smoothie that tastes similar to a chocolate-banana shake. And if you didn’t know what carob is, it’s a great, healthy substitute for chocolate. Of course, if you want “real” chocolate, you can use cocoa powder instead of the carob. Ingredients: 1 frozen chopped bananas 3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 1/2 Tbsp. carob powder 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar 1/2 tsp. vanilla Dash of cinnamon Add water to make more pourable and ice if you prefer a chilled drink 2. Strawberry Ecstasy Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup almond milk- unsweetened preferably 1 cup frozen or fresh Strawberries 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (Nibs are more bitter) 1-2 dates or agave to taste 3. Spice Up Your Life You’ll be surprised by what adding cayenne can do to a chocolate or cacao smoothie! Ingredients: 1 cup coconut water (From fresh young thai coconut preferably or in a container) 1/4 cup almonds soaked 1 Tbsp. cacao powder 1/8 cup white raisins Dash of cayenne Pinch sea salt
ground up flax seed 2 tsp. Mango Delight’ Smoothie Ingredients: 1 cup organic almond milk 1 large fresh mango (peeled) or frozen 1 apple. 1 Tbsp. flax seeds (Thickens smoothie) 2 tsp.com .4. Marvellous Mango Ingredients: 2-3 tsp. sunflower. coconut. 2) Next add all the remaining ingredients: peeled mango. Banana Cherry and Sesame Ingredients: Frozen organic cherries (1/2 cup to 1 cup) 1 banana 2 Tbsp. and nuts in 2-3 cups of water first preferably. coconut butter or oil 1 large mango (Peel & remove pit) 1/4” slice of fresh ginger root 1/3 cucumber (Optional to peel) 1-2 cups spinach 2-3 cups water Preparation: 1) Blend flax. ginger and blend. © www. cucumber. ground up sesame seed 6. sesame seeds 1 or 2 tsp. raw sunflower seeds 4-6 raw Brazil nuts or 4-8 soaked raw almonds 1 Tbsp. spinach. cored 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. of raw cacao powder Raw honey or agave nectar as sweetener Water/ice to blend 5.
frozen acai 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries 1-2 Tbsp. of honey 1 tray of ice cubes Water 9.VegetarianFoodPlan. flax oil 1 tsp. of maca Handful of goji berries 1 tsp. of your favorite dried green supplement Stevia (Optional) 10. cacao nibs 3-4 each raw almonds AND macadamia nuts 2 tsp. ZEN-ANANA Smoothie Ingredients: 1 large banana sliced 8 oz green tea 2 cup spinach 1 Gala or Fuji apple sliced pinch nutmeg or cinnamon © www. Mac’ Berry Almond Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 banana (Or substitute half an avocado but eliminate the flax oil) 4 oz. chopped flax seeds 8. Cran-Orange Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients: 2 oranges 1 cup strawberries (Frozen or fresh) 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries (Frozen is ok) 1 Tbsp. of cacao powder 1/2 tsp.com 6 . Low Glycemic Chocolate-Green Smoothie Ingredients: 1 Tbsp.7. of soaked brown flax seed 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds 3 tsp. of coconut butter 1 tsp.
in water over night. Oat Meal Raw Food Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2-1 cup soaked oat groats (Let soak uncovered. of cacao powder 11/2 . less is better) 1 Tbsp. Carob Shake Ingredients: 1 large banana 1-1/2 cup almond. ground flaxseed 1/4 cup soaked raw almonds 1 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.2 cups liquid use water. rinse before use) 2 apples sliced 1 banana sliced 1 Tbsp. soaked brown flax seed (Optional) 1-2 tsp. flax meal 3 Tbsp. organic maple syrup Add ice 13. cinnamon 1/4 cup pure water if blending Nuts. raisins & hemp seeds (Optional) www. soy. raw carob powder 1 or 2 shakes of cinnamon 1 Tbsp. hemp. or rice milk 1 Tbsp. soy. rice milk (less for thicker shake) 12.com 7 .11. Chocolate-Avocado DREAM Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 medium sized banana 4-6 dates (Sweeten to taste. almond.
2) Scoop out coconut meat and place in blender. Green Pome-berry Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium sized banana 6-8oz (1 cup) frozen blueberries 1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup almond. flax oil or substitute with Y2 avocado if no oil Couple dashes of cinnamon 1 tsp. blueberry) Dash of Stevia to taste Dash cinnamon 1 Tsp. rice. then dump coconut water into blender. Vegan Green Chocolate Shake Ingredients: Almond milk vanilla unsweetened 1-2 fresh kale leaves Almond butter 1 Tbsp. soaked flaxseed 4-6 chucks pineapple (Fresh or frozen) 1-2 cup organic spinach (Fresh or frozen) 15.VegetarianFoodPlan. maca (Optional) Young Coconut Preparation: To open young coconut use clever or chef knife. Remember to be very careful to avoid hard pieces from the husk. Energizing Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado 1 frozen banana 1 young coconut.water and meat 1 cup your favorite frozen berry (Raspberry.14. 16. strawberry. soy or hemp milk 1 Tbsp.+ cocoa powder Handful blueberries or strawberries Pumpkin seeds Water (As needed) Dash Stevia to sweeten ©www.com 8 1) . Favorite fruit/Y2 an apple 1/4 inch-1/2 inch raw ginger peeled Udo's.
soy. Green Machine Smoothie Ingredients: 3-5 leaves of kale 1 kiwi 1 avocado 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Mango Banana Smoothie Ingredients: 1 medium-sized mango Dash of agave nectar or maple syrup 1 medium sized banana or ripe plantain 3/4-1 cup hemp. Parsley Pear Smoothie 2 pears sliced 1/3 bunch of parsley (Traditional or Italian is fine) 1 stalk of celery (the greener the better) 2 Tbsp.com 9 . of spirulina or SuperGreens powder Add water/ice 18.17. of ginger root powder or 1/4 inch fresh peeled ginger 1 Tbsp. Tropical Green Smoothie Ingredients: 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple cubes 2-3 kiwis 1/2 avocado 1 banana Add ice & water until desired 20. coconut butter (Or 1 young coconut with coco-water if available in your area) 2-3 cups water until desired Add ice only if desired www. of flaxseed oil 1/4 tsp. rice or almond milk Add ice if desired 19.
of batter onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork. cloves. 5) Spread batter evenly into sprayed pan. walnuts and seeds. 3) Stir flour and baking powder in large bowl 4) In separate bowl stir well and combine applesauce. 3) Using blender or food processor grind oats to coarse powder texture. 6) Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. cinnamon. 6) Place a Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. ground cinnamon 1 tsp. ground cloves 2 cups rolled oats 1/4 cup Maranta Starch or “Arrow Root” (Use instead of cornstarch to thicken) 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies Ingredients: 3 cups whole-wheat flour 1 tsp. 2) Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. 7) Allow treat to cool down then cut into squares and serve! ©www. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has alcohol free) 8 oz/1 cup unsweetened carob chips 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/4 cup sunflower seeds Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Makes 48 cookies 2. 4) Processed oats with berries.DESSERT RECIPES 1. 7) Moisten your fork if it begins to stick to batter. baking powder 1 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 4 oz agave nectar 2 tsp. Blueberry Squares Ingredients: 4 cups fresh blueberries or berry of your choice 2 tsp. 2) Spray baking pan with cooking spray. 8) Bake about 12 minutes or until golden. arrowroot and apple juice concentrate in large bowl.com 10 . 5) Now add to dry ingredients and fold in carob chips. agave nectar and vanilla.
do not cook 2/3 cup almond meal 1/4 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 tsp. slightly warm. 6) Pour batter into oiled pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. applesauce. well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) 1 tsp. baking powder 1 Tbsp. 4. baking soda 1 tsp. 7) Remove pie from oven and cover with aluminium foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan. vanilla extract 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil. cinnamon 1/2 tsp.com 11 . fine grain sea salt 1 tsp. baking soda.can do gluten free 1/3 cup coconut. water until smooth Preparation: 1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 2) Lightly oil a 9 inch pan with vegetable oil 3) Combine the flour. 5) Mix in the flax seed. ground flax seed.VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Stir in the apple juice concentrate.3. Vegan Apple Pie Ingredients: 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate 1 3/4 cup applesauce (Optional unsweetened version) 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup quick oats 1/2 cup of raisins 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. baking powder 6-7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped or unsweetened carob www. and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. all-spice 1/2 tsp. oats. nutmeg 1 tsp. ground cloves 1/4 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s has Alcohol Free FYI) 2 Tbsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. finely shredded & unsweetened 3 large. Chocolate Oatmeal Chai Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats. mixed with 2 Tbsp. baking powder and spice in a large mixing bowl. ripe bananas.
and coconut oil. fine grain sea salt 1 cup rolled oats 2/3 cup chopped walnuts 1 cup shredded carrots 1/2 cup real maple syrup. one level tablespoonful at a time. wheat germ.You can make your own almond meal by pulsing almonds in a food processor until it is the texture of sand .VegetarianFoodPlan.don't go too far or you'll end up with almond butter. ground cloves. and baking powder. raisins and oats. baking powder. 6) Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. 3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour. Carrot Ginger Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1 tsp. 5. 7) Drop onto prepared baking sheets. 4) Add the nuts and carrots. 8) Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 . salt. 5) In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup. an inch apart. onto a parchment lined baking sheet. 3) In a large bowl combine the bananas. each about 2 teaspoons in size. 6) Fold in the chocolate/carob. vanilla extract. 2) Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 8) Bake for 12 . shredded coconut. Set aside. cardamom. warmed until just melted 1 tsp. 4) In another bowl whisk together the oats.12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom. ©www. 2) To make almond meal. 7) Drop dollops of the dough. and ginger. coconut oil. cinnamon. leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.14 minutes or until turning brown on the bottom. Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies. almond meal.Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grated fresh ginger 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 375F degrees. baking powder Scant 1/2 tsp. salt. room temperature 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil.com 12 . racks in the top third.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. and vanilla. 9) 10) Make 2 . Organic Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour.3 dozen cookies. maybe 11 minutes . 6.com 13 . Let sit for five minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. Place racks in the top third. baking soda. Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. baking soda 3/4 tsp. give one more quick stir. so if you're set on doing criss-crosses. and salt. olive oil. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. or unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp. go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step.still a bit dusty looking. spelt flour. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork. In a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter. www. Bake for 10. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barely combined .but don't over bake or they will be dry. maple syrup. just a stroke or two. fine grain sea salt 1 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup maple syrup 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tsp.Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. Stir until combined. It's a loose batter.
or crumble some graham crackers on top. 2) Pour the pudding into bowls and add your desired toppings. Ingredients: 1 cup raw cashews 3 Tbsp. agave nectar or to taste 1/2 cup almond milk Add water if need to thin for blending Preparation: 1) Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and puree until creamy. carob powder 3 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. cacao powder 1 Tbsp. ©www. red seedless grapes. a slice of apricot or whipped cream.com 14 . Dark Chocolaty Chocolate Pudding Make a rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse from tofu! Garnish with fresh strawberries.7.
2) Grate the carrots. 6) Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 pan.VegetarianFoodPlan. and salt. 4) Combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients except for the walnuts to the flour mixture.com 15 . baking soda 2 tsp. 8) Cool on a counter for 30 min and then frost with cream cheese frosting © www. cinnamon. baking soda. 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. 7) Bake for 40-50 min at 350F until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Peter Rabbit Carrot Cake Ingredients: 2 cups spelt flour or whole wheat flour 2 tsp. mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: flour. Mix until "just mixed.8. I use a food processor instead of grating them by hand. salt 2 cup grated carrots 1 cup almond milk 1 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup maple syrup. Grade B (vegan) or 1 cup honey (Vegetarian) 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional) Preparation: 1) First. cloves. baking powder. ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1 Y2 tsp. ground cloves 1 tsp." 5) Mix in the walnuts. allspice. allspice Y2 tsp. baking powder 1 1/2 tsp.
8) Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 2) Wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil. combine the flour.com 16 . baking powder. soda.9. almond milk. 5) Add blueberries and use a spoon or spatula to ensure they are coated with the flour mixture. © www. salt 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. about 40-45 minutes.VegetarianFoodPlan. and agave nectar. orange juice 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (Or apple sauce) 1/2 cup agave nectar 2 cups whole wheat flour 3/4 tsp. 4) In a separate bowl. Stir well to combine. and salt. Blue Banana Bread Ingredients: 3 large over-ripe bananas 1 tsp. 3) In a large bowl. 7) Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. baking soda (Non-aluminum) 1/2 tsp. 9) Allow to cool before cutting and serving. orange juice. 6) Add the banana mixture and gently mix until just combined. baking powder 3/4 tsp. orange zest 1 Tbsp. mash the bananas and add orange zest.
1/2 cup of sugar 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce 3/4 tsp. 12) Eat when nice a warm and chewy. 11) When it’s done. cloves 1/2 tsp. This dough will be very slightly sticky. 9) Flatten to about 3/4 and keep it thick. of vanilla essence 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Preheat oven to 350F. add the vanilla essence. beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar. arrowroot flour (As substitute for 1 egg) 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour 3/4 cup of dry oats 2 Tbsp. raisins and nuts and mix well into the dough. 4) In a mixing bowl. www. 6) Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms. 10) Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes.com 17 .VegetarianFoodPlan. of baking soda 1/4 cup pecans. 2) Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper. Super Yummy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. Stir to blend together. 5) Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well. 7) At this point. cinnamon. of ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 tsp. oil + 1 Tbsp of Almond Milk 1/3 . remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack. baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl. 3) Sift the salt. chopped 2 Tbsp.10. 8) Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row. olive oil or 1 Tbsp. of salt (Optional) 1/2 tsp.
VegetarianFoodPlan. your better off slightly undercooking them and having a slightly soft middle. The mixture should be sticky but not too wet. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Low-fat Wheat-free Carob Brownies Ingredients: 1/3 cup brown rice flour 2/3 cup porridge oats 4 Tbsp. Use a hand blender to blend the oats into a powder/flour. tahini Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Pre-heat oven to 350°. vanilla essence 1/2 cup carob powder 1 large. pure maple syrup Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs 1/2 tsp.com 18 . Don’t over cook. Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl. Leave to cool and enjoy! 5) 6) 7) 8) ©www.11. very ripe banana Pinch of salt 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/8 cup sultanas or raisins 1/2 Tbsp. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and lightly oil the bottom. You may need to adjust wet/dry ingredients to achieve the correct texture.
VegetarianFoodPlan.com 19 . agave nectar Pinch of salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Remove the pits from dates. Hold back a little coconut for coating the macaroons.12. sliced strawberries Preparation: 1) Process avocado. Raw Carob pudding Ingredients: 2 medium ripe avocados 1 Y2 cup dates or 1 cup maple syrup If using dates add a little orange juice when blending 1/2 cup raw carob powder Toppings. shredded (Unsweetened) Y2 cup quick oats 1 Tbsp. and process until only slightly chunky. Place all ingredients in a food processor. ©www. pecans.raspberries. Roll into balls and lightly roll in shredded coconut. almond butter 2 Tbsp. sweetener (dates or maple syrup) and carob in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Raw Banana Macaroons Ingredients: 1 cup medjool dates 1 banana 1/2 cup coconut. 13.
VegetarianFoodPlan. but not liquid) 2 Tbsp. Once smooth. 3) After ingredients are mixed.14. add cacao nibs and blend just until nibs are well distributed. mint. cacao nibs Preparation: 1) Place dates in food processor and mix until smooth. cinnamon. salt and coconut oil and mix it all up. © www. shredded 12 dates (Medjool are best) Y2-3/4 tsp. Speedy Raw Cookies Ingredients: 3/4 cup raw walnuts. remove from food processor by tablespoon-sized blobs and flatten into cookie-ish rounds. Raw "Chocolate Mint" Cookies Ingredients: 2 Y2 cups raw walnuts 2-3 fresh mint leaves. 2) Add walnuts. 3) Shape into balls and enjoy! 15. 2) If you can't get the mixture to hold together. salt 1 Y2 Tbsp. Makes approximately 15 cookies.com 20 . cinnamon Y2 tsp. 4) Refrigerate before eating. raw coconut oil (It's best if it's very soft. add a few more raisins and a tablespoon of water. cashews or pecans 1/4 cup raw carob powder 1 cup raisins or dates Preparation: 1) Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine and sticky. again until smooth.
and fresh coconut butter (if using) until smooth. honey. Pour on top of crust and decorate with fresh. sliced strawberries. © www.com 21 . Raw-Berry Pie Ingredients: For the crust: 2 cups almonds 1/2 cup honey For the topping: 1 cup walnuts 1/4 cup honey 1/3 cup blueberries 2 Tbsp. sliced Preparation: Crust 1) 2) Topping 1) 2) Blend the walnuts. Blend the almonds and honey until finely chopped.16. fresh coconut butter (Optional) For Garnish: fresh strawberries. Spoon into a serving dish and pack down well. blueberries.VegetarianFoodPlan.
cinnamon Water Preparation: 1) Blend all the ingredients until smooth. salt. salt 1 tsp. Raw Pecan Pie Tart Ingredients: 2 cups pecans. ©www. Press the pecan mix into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch glass pan. made into a smooth "pecan butter" (Your food processor can do this) 30 medjool dates. pitted 1 1/2 cup shredded. cinnamon 1/2 cup pecans. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) In food processor. Add the "pecan butter. Raw Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: Meat of 2 coconuts or coconut butter 10 cashews 6 dates 4 Tbsp. and cinnamon. process dates until smooth (or as close to smooth as you can get). Process until everything is well mixed. 18.VegetarianFoodPlan." coconut. dried coconut 1/2 tsp.com 22 . Sort of "knead" in the chopped pecans until they're well distributed. Store covered in the fridge until ready to eat. Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a medium-sized bowl or onto the counter. raw cacao powder 1/4 tsp.17.
cored Preparation: 1) Blend the almonds. use a spatula to spread cookie mixture onto a dehydrator tray OR shape into balls and eat as is. raisins. sea salt. raw tahini Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth and it’s ready to eat! 20. oranges. 2) When all ingredients are finely processed. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. soaked overnight 2 cups raisins Y2 cup orange peel 2 medium oranges.com 23 . whole and peeled 2 apples. peeled and seeded) 1 banana 1-2 tsp. Orange Almond Cookies Ingredients: 4 cups raw almonds.19. orange peel. and apples in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Papaya Banana Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup papaya chunks (About Y2 a Hawaiian papaya.
Remove from heat and let cool. 3) Optional. cumin Lettuce leaf – Romaine/Collard Green Preparation: 1) In a food processor combine and blend almonds. The leaf will give the dish more crunch and texture. chopped Dash of cayenne 1/4 tsp. and green onions. Oatmeal Ingredients: 3 cups water 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup raisins Preparation: 1) Bring water to a boil and add oatmeal.VegetarianFoodPlan. * You can eat by itself or in a lettuce leaf. 2) Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until oats have reach your desired texture. This keeps the fiber structure intact and helps the digestive system.BREAKFAST RECIPES 1. Raw Scramble Ingredients: 1 cup almonds (Soaked overnight in water) 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 salt Y2 cup of water 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds.do not heat oats. 2. salt and water. 2) Pour into bowl and fold in chopped tomatoes. ©www.com 24 . cilantro. green onions 1/4 cup cilantro Y2 cup tomatoes. 4) Place in water the night before and then prepare yoru breakfast the following morning as if they are cooked.
3) If your dehydrator has a heating gauge. ©www. just place it on the tray in small chunky pieces. alcohol free vanilla. 2) You don’t need to smooth it out. 2) Add raisins.3. of alcohol free vanilla 1 tsp. of salt 2 Tbsp. minerals. agave nectar and Stevia.com 25 .VegetarianFoodPlan. 4) Add raspberries. 4) If you don’t have a dehydrator. If you would like it sweeter. salt. you can add more agave. and essential fiber. turn it no higher than 105 degrees so not to destroy the vitamins. Good For You Granola Ingredients: 4 cups of soaked sunflower seeds 1 cup of soaked flax seeds 2/3 cups of raisins 1 tsp. or until ingredients are slightly mixed but still chunky. Stevia or honey. 5) Continue to add sweetener to taste. of agave nectar Dash stevia 1/2 cup of raspberries (Fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1) Measure soaked sunflower seeds and flax seeds and pour into food processor. place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible and leave the oven open a crack or on the lowest setting until dry or about 24 hours. cinnamon. To dry granola: 1) Take the chunky mixture and drop it on dehydrator trays. 3) Process all ingredients except raspberries for 10-15 seconds. and blend once more about 10-15 seconds. of cinnamon 2/3 cup shredded coconut (Unsweetened) 1 tsp.
Rice Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup cooked brown rice 1 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. rolled oats 8 oz. raisins 8 oz. rolled rye Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) Combine all ingredients in a large wide bowl. Store in an air-tight container. rolled wheat 8 oz. vanilla and water. ©www. Cover and blend on high until rice is pulverized. agave nectar. vanilla Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a blender place rice. Muesli Recipe Ingredients: 1 oz. water 1 tsp. chopped walnuts 5 oz. 5.com 26 . Shake well before using. chopped dried apples 1/2 cup shredded coconut 5 oz. Eat with fresh fruit and non-dairy milk. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. agave nectar 32 oz. Refrigerate if you have the space. Fold in ingredients with a large spoon to mix. chopped sesame seeds 1 oz.4.
vanilla and water in high powered blender.VegetarianFoodPlan. * 1 serving is approximately 1 cup. 2) Cover and blend on high until cashews are pulverized and there are not chunks of cashew. water 1 tsp. 4) Shake well before using. ©www. vanilla Dash of salt to bring out the flavors Preparation: 1) Place cashews. agave nectar 32 oz. agave nectar.6. 3) Cashew milk will last about 5 days covered in the refrigerator. Cashew Milk Recipe Ingredients: 1/2 cup raw cashew pieces 3 Tbsp.com 27 . only creamy.
7. Sweet Tofu Rice Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup organic brown rice, short or long 1 1/2 cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. salt 1 cup chopped fresh/ frozen blueberries 1 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut yogurt 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 cup tofu, firm, cut into cubes 3 Tbsp. pecans 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Place rice, coconut oil, slat and water in pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer rice for 30 minutes, or until rice is soft. Make sure the rice does not dry out and burn. Fold in the tofu with 1/3 cup of coconut yogurt and cover lid. Allow to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cashews and agave or maple syrup. Cover with lid and allow to sit for ten minutes. Serve warm in bowl and top with fresh blueberries or fruit of your choice.
8. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Ingredients: 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly, uncooked 1-1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 apple, cored and chopped 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1-2 tsp. lemon juice 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract Preparation: 1) To thoroughly rinse quinoa, cover it with water in a mixing bowl, then rub it between the palms of your hands. Pour off the cloudy liquid through a strainer and then repeat the process two or three more times, until the rinse liquid remains clear. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rinsed and drained quinoa with almond milk. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. In the blender place apple, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and puree. Put it in pot with quinoa and let it simmer for 5-15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
2) 3) 4) 5) 6)
Makes about 3 cups.
9. Quickie Breakfast Ingredients: 2 to 3 medium dried figs 1/4 cup raisins 1 medium apple 1 cup quick rolled oats 3 cups vanilla almond milk 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Dash of nutmeg Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a food processor, chop the apricot halves, figs, and raisins. Cut and core the apple and then add it to the dried fruit in the food processor. Chop fine. Transfer the fruit mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. 5) Simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Makes 4 servings.
10. Veggie Tofu Scramble Ingredients: 1/2 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup minced onion 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup zucchini 1 cup chopped kale 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder 1 tsp. cumin 16 oz. low-fat tofu, drained and crumbled 1/2 Tbsp. Himalayan salt 1/2 cup vegetable broth 1/4 tsp. pepper Preparation: 1) Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable broth, celery, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a skillet over medium-high heat. 2) Cook until softened. Add the remaining vegetable broth, kale, and spices. 3) Cover the pan and cook until the kale is wilted. 4) Add the crumbled tofu. Cook until firm and lightly browned. 5) Add the salt, pepper. 11. Couscous Breakfast Ingredients: 2 cups hot Almond milk 2 cups dry couscous 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained 1/3 cup dried apricots 6 pecans, raw honey, to taste (Or use agave nectar) Preparation: 1) Bring the almond milk to a boil on the stove. 2) Add the couscous to the hot almond milk and let stand 5 minutes. 3) Stir in raisins, pecans, and honey/agave nectar to taste. * A serving size is 1/3-1/2 cup cooked.
black pepper Y2 bell pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. organic) 1 medium tomato 2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. Sauté until the pieces are brown and crispy.more if preferable 1/8 tsp. Rapeseed oil (or other mild-flavored oil) Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Drain the tofu. firm tofu (Non-gmo. Add the nutritional yeast. low sodium tamari or nama shoyu sauce. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until they are tender. Makes 4 servings. heat the canola oil and add the Fakin’ Bacon. diced 1 Tbsp. With a fork. cayenne and pepper. nutritional yeast Y2 tsp. turmeric 2 tsp. In a frying pan. mash it all up until there are no big chunks. diced Y2 onion. Add the tofu mixture and stir-fry until the tofu is heated through. tamari/soy sauce. turmeric. Cut it into pieces and put it into a small mixing bowl.12. ©www.com 32 . Hearty Tofu Scramble Ingredients: l lb.
13. 6) Serve as is or with extra salsa.com 33 . garlic. chopped 1/2 yellow pepper. 5) Warm tortillas and roll up some of the black-eyed peas mixture into each one. 2) Stir in black-eyed peas and cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through. drained 2-3 Roma tomatoes. 3) Stir occasionally to keep from burning. and peppers in vegetable broth until soft. nama shoyu and 1/4 cup water 1 package of whole wheat tortillas Preparation: 1) In a nonstick pan. tomatoes. saute the onion. Breakfast Black Eyed Peas Ingredients: 1/2 large red onion. hot pepper (Jalepeno) 1 large green pepper. diced small 1/4 cup salsa 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 1 Tbsp. chopped 1/2 tsp. minced garlic 1 can black-eyed peas.VegetarianFoodPlan. ©www. 4) Stir in salsa and simmer for 5 minutes more. chopped 1 tsp.
and spices. ©www. chopped onion Spaghetti squash salad Salsa Dash of nutritional yeast Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Sauté garlic and onions in a little broth. cumin. and water. Saute until lightly browned.com 34 . crumbled 1 Tbsp.14. Warm the tortillas. Add salsa.1/2 cup firm tofu. tamari . nama shoyu or tamari (Adds salty flavor) Dash of cayenne. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast. turmeric 1 clove fresh garlic. or you can serve it on the top. paprika. Roll it up like a burrito. Saute until fully incorporated into tofu mixture and warmed thoroughly. South Western Breakfast Burrito Ingredients: 1-2 low carb tortillas 1/3. Add spaghetti squash salad. Enjoy!! Makes 1 serving. crushed 3 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Spoon the scrambled tofu/squash mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla. Add crumbled tofu.
6) Top the salsa with the scrambled egg whites or scrambled tofu. diced 3 Tbsp. 4) Cover each tortilla with the black beans.com 35 .15. onions. vegan cheese 4 Tbsp. 3) Take the warmed tortillas and place each one flat on a separate plate. ©www. Makes 2 servings. 5) Top the beans with salsa that you've either warmed upon the stove top. 2) Warm tortillas in oven using a very low temperature so that the tortillas warm all the way through and are still soft (not until they dry out and become crunchy).VegetarianFoodPlan. can of black beans 2 fat free/low fat flour tortillas 1 cup of salsa Diced green chillies 2 Tbsp. or top the beans with the salsa and place the plates in a microwave oven and heat for 1 to 2 minutes on high. spreading out the beans to cover the whole tortilla. diced Preparation: 1) Warm the beans and separately scramble the egg whites or tofu mix in a non stick pan. tomatoes. Huevos Rancheros Ingredients: 6 egg whites OR enough scrambled tofu mix to serve two 1 15oz.
16. Multi Grain Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole wheat berries 1/2 cup whole rye berries 1/2 cup oat groats or rolled oat 1/2 cup whole triticale 1/2 cup whole barley 1/2 cup buckwheat groats 1/3 cup sesame seeds 1/3 cup flaxseed Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients dry and store until you decide to prepare breakfast. measure 2 cups of cereal to 5 cups of water. and raisins and almond milk.com 36 . Or make one serving by boiling 1/4 cup of cereal. 3) You can store leftovers in the refrigerator. cinnamon. 4) Warm up when you want.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) When ready to cook. ©www. 5) Add chopped apple. nutmeg. bringing it to boil.
com 37 . 4) Reduce to a bare simmer and stir occasionally for 10 minutes or so. Winter Grain Cereal Ingredients: 2/3 cups steel cut oats 1/3 cup pearl barley 2 Tbsp. strain water off grains.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) In the AM. 5) Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Makes 3-4 servings. raisins 1/3 cup date pieces Dash or three of cinnamon 3 cups water 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk Molasses or Stevia to taste Preparation: 1) The night before.17. put grains and cinnamon in a large bowl or pot. 3) Add the dried fruit. add water 1 inch above grains. cover and let set overnight. 6) This is also really good with dried apricots or with fresh chopped apples. the soy milk and 3 cups water and bring to a simmer on the stove. ©www.
Tofu-Breakfast Pancakes Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour 1 package silken Mori-Nu low fat tofu (1 gm/3 oz) 1 large apple 1 tsp. Reduce the heat as you do subsequent batches.VegetarianFoodPlan. Be sure to add more soy milk or water to keep the batter from getting too thick as it sits. fat substitute (Sunsweet Lighter Bake) 1 to 2 cups Almond milk 1 cup blueberries Powdered cinnamon for topping while cooking Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Just put all the ingredients in a food processor.18.com 38 . ©www. or they will tend to stick. except for the Cinnamon and blueberries. vanilla Dash of salt 2 tsp. jam or jelly. Fry in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. as it reduces the amount of Pam you need to fry them. Try to use a cover to steam the pancakes as much as fry them. Serve with fat free maple syrup.
cinnamon. blackstrap molasses or raw honey Currants or raisins to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse the grains. nut.com 39 . Variations – try adding vanilla.VegetarianFoodPlan. Makes 1 large serving OR 2 small servings. Boil and then simmer the quinoa in water and mollasses for ten minutes. Add the oats and fruit and simmer for another 15 minutes.19. ©www. Quinoa Breakfast Ingredients: 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup quinoa 1/4 cup steel cut oats 1/4 cup peaches Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg Dash of Himalayan salt 1 Tbsp. or yeast.
Grease an 8x8 baking dish with grapeseed oil. pumpkin seeds. 7) Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Stir dry ingredients into wet.20. ©www. salt and baking soda. agave and vanilla. wetting your hands with water to help pat the dough down evenly. 8) Serve. sunflower seeds.VegetarianFoodPlan. combine almond flour. Makes 12-16 bars. In a large bowl.com 40 . almond slivers and raisins. Press the dough into the baking dish. combine grapeseed oil. Mix in coconut. vanilla extract 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seed 1/4 cup slivered almond 1/4 cup raisins Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) In a small bowl. Tropical Breakfast Bars Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil 1/4 cup agave nectar 1 tsp.
©www. cut into 1/4 “ slices 2 medium Belgian endive. 2) Add a little water or more vinegar if necessary to thin. flaxseed oil 2 large ripe avocados 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt 1 medium shallot 2 Tbsp. vinegar Salt and pepper Dash of honey to balance out the flavour Preparation: 1) Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. julienned 1/3 cup sunflower seeds. cut into 1/4 “ slices in a diagonal 1 large hothouse cucumber. chopped optional 3 Tbsp.com 41 . julienned 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium orange bell pepper.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Place all vegetables in bowel and toss with salad dressing. cut into 1/4 “ slices 1 medium red bell pepper. fresh tarragon. raw Dressing: 2 Tbsp. julienned 1 medium jicama. Rainbow Salad Ingredients: 1 medium red onion 1 medium green bell pepper. flat-leaf parsley 1 Tbsp.LUNCH RECIPES 1.
sliced 9 large leaf or butterhead lettuce leaves. the mirin. and cayenne. then turn the slices over and let sit for another 30 minutes. core. Put another plate on top and weigh it down with something heavy. and scallions in a mound just below the center of the wrapper. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. or until softened. minced 1 Tbsp. Place the slices in an 8×8-inch baking dish and pour the marinade over the top. Arrange a slice of tofu along with some apple slices. mirin (Sweet Japanese cooking wine) 1 Tbsp. 4) 5) 6) 7) ©www. Peel. Set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Make a marinade by whisking together 3 tablespoons of the orange juice. If packing for later. canola oil 2 garlic cloves. Transfer to a dry work surface and pat dry. and canola oil. washed and patted dry Add grated lime for zest Preparation: 1) 2) 3) Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and set it on a plate. Cut the tofu into three slices lengthwise.2. freshly squeezed orange juice 1 Tbsp. folding in the sides along the way.VegetarianFoodPlan. Serve or pack each roll wrapped in a lettuce leaf (this will keep the spring roll from sticking to the plate). soy sauce. Dip one of the wrappers in a wide bowl filled with warm water for 15 seconds. Ingredients: 1 pound firm tofu 4 Tbsp. Roll up the rice paper to form a tight bundle. ginger. 2 sprigs of cilantro. making nine equal slices. until it is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed. Press the tofu for 30 minutes. cover the rolls with a damp paper towel and some plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. Look for them in packages at Asian markets. some Napa cabbage. and thinly slice the Granny Smith apple. Bake the tofu and marinade for 40 minutes. minced ginger A pinch of cayenne 1 Granny Smith apple 9 (8-inch diameter) dried rice paper wrappers 18 fresh cilantro stems 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage 1 bunch scallions. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes.com 42 . Tofu Apple Spring Rolls The Wonders of Rice Paper: Rice paper wrappers are a fantastic alternative to bread for the gluten-intolerant. Toss the apple slices with the remaining tablespoon of orange juice to keep them from browning. Stir in the garlic. then turn the tofu block on its side and cut into thirds again.
4) Blend the soup in batches in the blender. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt. dried thyme Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. cut in half lengthwise (About 35) 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sea salt 1/2 a medium onion. thyme. depending on the strength of your blender). Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients: 6–6 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes.3. minced 1 tsp. then arrange them cut side up. red pepper flakes (Optional) 2 cups fresh whole basil leaves (one 2 oz. Carefully pour in all the tomatoes and their juices. Simmer for 15 minutes. extra virgin olive oil 1 Tbsp.com 43 . with crackers or chunks of store-bought artisan-style bread. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.VegetarianFoodPlan. pouring finished soup into a clean saucepan or soup tureen (you may wish to strain the soup as you do this to remove any remaining skin or seeds. 2) Arrange the cut tomatoes on a large (10×16-inch) baking sheet. about 10 minutes. ©www. and 1 cup water (you may need to add an extra cup if the tomatoes are on the dry side). Add the onion and sauté until soft and slightly golden. Toss with your hands until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. Remove pan from the oven and set aside. chopped 1 large garlic clove. 5) Serve piping hot. bag) 1/2 tsp. Add the basil. Place in oven and roast the tomatoes for 50 minutes. they should fill the pan completely. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for one more minute. 3) Warm the rest of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
or until the garlic is soft and the spices are fragrant. stir in the salt and pepper to taste and serve hot. Rinse and drain the beans. Drain the dry beans and add them to the slow cooker along with the lentils. add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent and soft. Add the garlic. then cover with a generous amount of water. pinto beans. When the oil is hot. dried sage 1 tsp. TVP.VegetarianFoodPlan. minced 1 tsp. give the chilli a stir or two during the day to ensure even cooking. cumin. Let the beans soak for several hours or overnight. sea salt (Or to taste) Freshly ground black pepper Preparation: 1) Combine the black beans. 4) Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. or crimson are all fine here.com 44 . and tomato paste. just not red) 1 cup dried. dried oregano A pinch of cayenne 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (Black. 3) Scrape the onion and spice mixture into the insert of a medium-size (2. dried thyme 1/2 tsp. thyme.4. Add 5 cups of boiling water and stir until everything is combined and there are no lumps of tomato paste. until the beans are tender. stirring constantly.5 to 3 quarts) slow cooker. 5) When the chili is done. brown. extra virgin olive oil 1 onion. 2) Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Chili Con "Carne" Ingredients: 1/2 cup dried black beans 1/2 cup dried pinto beans 1/2 cup dried navy beans 1 Tbsp. sage. and navy beans in a mixing bowl. for another 2 minutes. paprika. If you are around. chopped 1 garlic clove. paprika 1/2 tsp. ©www. and cayenne and sauté. oregano. ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped 1/2 a green or red bell pepper. beef-style texturized vegan protein (TVP) 1 (6-ounce) can salt-free tomato paste 1 tsp. about 5 minutes.
5. drained and chopped 1 purple onion. can green beans. ©www. 4) Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. 3) In a large bowl. chopped fresh basil 1 cup fat-free vegan Italian salad dressing Sea salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water. until just tender.VegetarianFoodPlan. toss together the pasta. diced 1 -2 tomatoes. 2) Lightly steam the broccoli.com 45 . diced 1/3 cup sliced black olives 2 Tbsp. chopped small 1 12 ounce can water-packed artichoke hearts. diced 1 red or yellow bell pepper. broccoli and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups bowtie or corkscrew pasta 1 cup broccoli. Toss again before serving. Drain and allow to cool. diced 1 12 oz.
water. curry powder 1/2 tsp. for 1 hour. 3) Puree in a blender or food processor. dried oregano 1 tsp. ©www. onion and spices. Simmer. combine the split peas. salt 1 bay leaf 2 large carrots. chopped 2 stalks celery. chopped 1 tsp. potatoes and celery. chopped Preparation: 1) In a large saucepan.VegetarianFoodPlan. covered. 2) Stir in the carrots. uncovered. or until the soup reaches desired thickness. garlic powder 1 tsp. Simmer. green split peas. Reheat before serving. pepper 1/2 tsp. for an additional 45 minutes. Curried Split Pea and Potato Soup Ingredients: 16 oz.6.com 46 . stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf. chopped 3 medium potatoes. dried 10 cups water 1 onion.
pickle relish 1 Y2 Tbsp. chopped finely 4 scallions (White and green parts). firm Y2 cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise is my favorite!) 2 red bell peppers. ©www. to taste Add dill to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) In a large bowl. or as a side salad.VegetarianFoodPlan.6. finely shredded 3 Tbsp. you may wish to finely cube the tofu). turmeric 4 tsp. finely chopped 1 tsp. chopped finely 1 small carrot. served on crackers. Raw Eggless Egg Salad Ingredients: 1 Y2 pounds tofu. The resulting savory treat is wonderful as a sandwich spread. sea salt 1 Y2 tsp. garlic powder Black pepper. onion granules 1/4 tsp. prepared mustard 1 Y2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley 2 stalks celery. mash tofu with a fork or potato masher (alternatively.com 47 . Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4) Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. ground cumin 1 tsp. finely chopped 3-4 Tbsp. peeled and chopped (Or one 16-ounce can diced tomatoes) 1 can kidney beans. Add a little water as needed.VegetarianFoodPlan. to taste Water or tomato juice as needed 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves or fresh parsley (Optional) Squeeze lime juice to taste (Optional) Preparation: 1) Heat up the few tablespoons of water in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. 2) Add the bell peppers. and cumin. ©www. cayenne. oregano. 6) Serve in shallow bowls. dried oregano 2 Tbsp. and cook. stirring. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 red bell pepper.com 48 . Tres Bean Chilli Ingredients: 1 orange bell pepper. and all the beans. chili powder 3 medium tomatoes. drained and rinsed 1 can pinto beans. garlic.8. onion. This is to replace the oil that is often used for sautéing. 3) Stir in the tomatoes. chili powder. thawed) Salt and freshly ground pepper. the canned corn. for 5 minutes. drained and rinsed 1 can corn. adding water or tomato juice as needed if too much liquid evaporates. and bring to a boil. drained and rinsed 1 can black beans. water for sautéing 1/4 tsp. coriander. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. drained (Or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn. 5) Season with salt and black pepper. and stir in the cilantro or parsley. coarsely chopped 2-3 cloves garlic. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow onion. seeded and cut into 1/2-squares 1 yellow bell pepper. ground coriander 1 tsp.
and liquid smoke flavor. 4) Serve with raw veggies or baked tortilla chips. chili powder 1/4 tsp. rinsed and drained. ©www. * If you want to use canned beans. sea salt 1/4 tsp.9. cans. 3) Add water if needed. or omit both. weigh pumpkin seeds. Transfer them to a food processor. and green chilies. * You can use pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds. cooked pinto beans 4 oz. Mexican Bean Spread Ingredients: 1/2 oz. diced green chillies 1 tsp. Process until almost smooth.com 49 . or flax crackers. liquid smoke flavouring Preparation: 1) In a medium-small wide bowl.VegetarianFoodPlan. salt. raw pumpkin seeds 16 oz. pinto beans. 2) Add chili powder. you will need 2 15 oz.
cumin and paprika.VegetarianFoodPlan. each salt. 2) Put all chopped veggies in a large bowl and add: 1/2 tsp. by hand or with the food processor. Raw Vegan Ceviche Ingredients: 1 cup corn (Do not cut it up. 4) Stir well keep covered in the fridge 4-6 hours or more. The pieces should be about the size of a corn kernel.10. ©www. just put it in the bowl) 1 cup butternut squash 1 cup cauliflower 1/2 of a red bell pepper with seeds removed 2 Roma tomatoes 1 Carrot 1 Plum 2 Celery stalks 1 Onion 3 Garlic cloves 1 Larger grapefruit Preparation : 1) Cut each vegetable or fruit.com 50 . black pepper. in to very small pieces. 3) Add juice of one large pink grapefruit.
sesame seeds 1/2 cup corn kernels (Fresh/frozen) 1 large clove of garlic 1 small onion. Raw Vegan Falafel Ingredients: 1 cup sunflower seeds 1 Tbsp. curry A squeeze of lemon Preparation: 1) Place all ingredients in food processor until it turns into a paste. dry dill 1 tsp. 2) Mix well and form 1/4 cup balls. chopped about a cup 1/2 cup celery leaf (Or parsley/cilantro) 1 Roma tomato 1/2 cup olives 1 Tbsp.com 51 . gently turning every two hours or so until they start to get crispy on the outside. nutritional yeast (Optional) 1/2 tsp. cumin 1 tsp. salt 1 Tbsp.11.VegetarianFoodPlan. 3) Dehydrate at 145F. Makes about 15 balls. ©www.
nam ashoyusauce 1 cup raw almond butter 1/2 head Savoy cabbage. Add the almond butter and blend at low speed to combine. a few pieces of mango. chopped ginger 1/4 cup green onions sliced 1/2Tbsp. mix the almond butter dressing with the cabbage. about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick. ginger. and soy sauce. (You may add water if it needs to be thinner) In a bowl. Add some hemp seeds. Cut the Mango lenthwise into strips. and a few leafs of cilantro and. you might need to stick a cocktail stick in it to hold. a few sticks of carrot. romaine leaves 1 carrot 1 ripe mango 1 handful cilantro leaves 1 handful torn basil leaves Himalayan sea salt Preparation: 1) 2) Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces. lemon juice.com 52 . You should get a rather thick consistency. The best and easiest way is to do this with you hands or a large wooden spoon.redchilli1Tbsp. basil. 3) 4) 5) ©www.12. Then you put some of the cabbage mix on the leaf.VegetarianFoodPlan. red chili. Place the collard leaf on a cutting board with the underside facing up. puree the honey. Do this for all the other spinach leafs until the ingredients are gone. Raw Lettuce Wraps Ingredients: 1/2 cup hemp seed 1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 Tbsp. shredded 6 large collard green leaves or for a more mild flavor. In a blender. Roll it up and the spinach leaf.
and carrots into a pot. onion. 2) Add beans. navy beans 1/2 large onion 4 medium carrots. miso paste. frozen veggies.com 53 . spices. coriander 2 Tbsp. chopped 1-1/2 cups frozen peas/carrots/corn (Any or all) 1 tsp. crushed red pepper 1 tsp. fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. garam masala 1/2 tsp. Simple Carrot-Bean Soup Ingredients: 3 cups water 1 Tbsp. and oil. unpasteurized miso paste 1 can or 15 oz. tarragon leaf 1 tsp. Simmer for 5 minutes. cumin seed Salt to taste 1/2 tsp. 3) Simmer for 10 minutes. garlic powder 1 tsp. olive oil Preparation: 1) Put water. ©www.13.
olive oil 2 Tbsp. chickpeas. garlic. minced in garlic press 2 tsp. ground black pepper 3 cups sweet potato. deseeded and diced 1 Tbsp.com 54 . sea salt 1 tsp. diced 2 cups zucchini. ©www. deseeded and diced 1 cup red bell pepper. ground coriander Dash of cinnamon 3 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. rinsed and drained 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water Lemon juice to taste Preparation: 1) Sauté all ingredients in skillet for 10-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. ground cumin 1 tsp.14. quartered lengthwise and sliced 1 can or 15 oz. curry powder 2 tsp. diced 1 cup green bell pepper. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew Ingredients: 2 cups onion.
walnuts. Combine mayonnaise and mustard. wheat germ and parsley. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. pepper 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tsp. cover and pulse until blended.15.com 55 . Makes 6 servings. Chickpea Burgers Ingredients: 1 large red onion. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until firm.VegetarianFoodPlan. spread over cut sides of buns. set aside. In a food processor. curry powder Tomato sliced 1/2 tsp. rinsed and drained 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs 2 eggs 1 tsp. Shape into six patties. Dijon mustard 6 sesame seed hamburger buns. thinly sliced 1/4 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette 2 cans (15 oz. Add the eggs. curry and pepper. combine onion and vinaigrette. each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans. combine the chickpeas. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and tomato or wrap in lettuce leaf and reserved onion mixture. cover and process until smooth. ©www. split or whole romaine lettuce leaves 6 lettuce leaves Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) In a small bowl.
oil. and pepper among the halves and use a fork to fluff and incorporate mixture into squash. 5) Divide the juice. 3) Remove from the oven. all spice. or until tender. all spice Dash of cinnamon (Optional) Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.VegetarianFoodPlan.16.com 56 . 4) Scoop out the seeds. 2) Place the whole squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. or delicate squash 1/3 cup pineapple juice 1 Tbsp. salt. allow to cool for 10 minutes. butternut. Acorn Squash with Pineapple Ingredients: 2 medium acorn. reserve them to roast if you’d like. 6) E n j o y ! ©www. then cut in half horizontally. extra virgin olive oil 1/4 tsp.
com 57 . Black Bean Fajitas Ingredients: 1/2 cup each julienned sweet yellow pepper and red pepper 1 cup red onions julienned 1 can (15 oz. Fold in half. seeded and chopped 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheese 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Saute yellow and red pepper in a pan. top with tomato.VegetarianFoodPlan.17. cover and cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. salsa. Makes 4 servings. Spoon 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla. cheese and sour cream. rinsed and drained 4 low carb tortillas (6 inches). ©www. Add beans. warmed or lettuce leaf for wrap 1 medium tomato.) black beans.
cold pressed olive oil Preparation: 1) Blend all ingredients until smooth. salt Y2 tsp. ©www. freshly cracked pepper Dash chili powder 1 Tbsp. lemon juice 1 Tbsp.com 58 .VegetarianFoodPlan. peeled 1/4 cup water 1 avocado 1 clove garlic 1 cup tomato 1 Tbsp. Raw Creamed Spinach Soup Ingredients: Y2 head spinach leaves Y2 cucumber. unpasteurized barley miso Y2 tsp.18.
19. ©www. cored and diced 2 cups of spinach 1 cup tomatoes. fresh coriander 1 tsp. seeded. onion. ginger root. and cayenne. cumin powder 1/2 tsp. garam masala 1/2 tsp. Kick-it-up Spicy Curry Lentils Ingredients: 12 oz. chopped 2 Tbsp. cumin. masala. Add ginger root. Add washed lentils and cover mixture with water. tomatoes and coriander. Add garlic. diced and crushed 2 cloves garlic. cayenne pepper 3 Anaheim chiles roasted. minced 1 medium onion. turmeric 1 tsp. Add chiles.com 59 . Add salt just before serving. spinach. Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes. and turmeric and sauté until the onion is transparent. salt Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) Heat oil in skillet. diced 1 tsp. red lentils (dry) 1 tsp. Makes 4 servings.VegetarianFoodPlan.
Mock Tuna Salad Ingredients: 1 cup garbanzo beans (Canned or pre-cooked) 1 stalk celery. 2) Add remaining ingredients and mix well.com 60 . finely minced 1-2 Tbsp. 3) Can have as a side dish or on vegetables or salad. kelp flakes (Gives it a fishy flavor) Vegan mayonaise Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) Mash the garbanzo beans. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan.20. chopped 1/2 small onion.
extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red onion. Zesty 3 Bean Salad Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. vinegar. diced 1 medium hothouse cucumber 15 oz. agave nectar or honey 1/2 tsp.com 61 . roasted bell peppers 1 clove minced garlic 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley. garbanzo beans. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. 5) Stir and serve chilled.VegetarianFoodPlan. oil. mustard. 2) Dice the onion. thawed 1 large orange. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. balsamic vinegar 1 Tbsp. roughly chopped 3 Tbsp. * You can use other beans and it will be very tasty. dried basil Salt and pepper Preparation: 1) Whisk together the orange zest and juice. cucumber. salt and pepper in a large bowl. cooked 1 pound green peas. black beans. 3) Mince the garlic. pinto beans. and roasted bell peppers and add to the bowel. ©www. zest and juice 2 Tbsp.21. cooked 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. and add to the salad. rough chop the parsley. Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp. 4) Drain and rinse the beans and add along with the peas.
6) Add salt and pepper to taste. packed with protein. Makes 4 to 6 servings. and bring to a simmer. Cover loosely and cook until peas are tender. pressed or minced 2 carrots. ground mustard 1/4 tsp. and freezes well. Split Pea Soup This wonderful soup is filling. to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Rinse split peas.VegetarianFoodPlan.com 62 . low in calories and fat. ©www. Ingredients: 2 cups green split peas. and serve hot. dried basil 1/2 tsp. Heat should be low-medium. 7) Can make creamy by blending in food processor. Make sure there’s enough water. Check occasionally to make sure water has not completely evaporated. dried parsley 1/4 tsp. diced 2 celery stalks. 5) The resulting soup should be thick and creamy. such as stones or residue. brimming with fiber. dried marjoram 1 tsp. Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a soup pot. 1 hour or longer. checking for any impurities.22. black pepper Salt and pepper. dry uncooked 6 to 7 cups water or vegetable stock 1 medium-size yellow onion. A crock pot works very well for making this soup and cook for 6-8 hours. diced 1 tsp. with the split peas quite broken down and mushy. diced 2 or 3 garlic cloves.
Rapeseed oil 4 cloves garlic. or to taste 1 lb. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle green onion over tofu before serving. ©www. Garlic Ginger Tofu Ingredients: 3 Tbsp. and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger. Cover.com 63 . and cook for 1 minute. green onion thinly sliced 1/2” ginger. minced or in garlic press 2 Tbsp. minced maybe you can use garlic press 1 lime 1 Tbsp. firm tofu Preparation 1) 2) 3) : Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat. soy sauce.VegetarianFoodPlan. Add tofu to the pan with soy sauce.DINNER RECIPES 1. and stir to coat.
7 minutes or until crisp-tender. 2) Stir in tomato and thyme. let stand 10 minutes. freshly ground black pepper Garlic cloves. tossing gently to coat. covered. 3) Steam beans. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 16 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan.2.com 64 . crushed and minced 1 Tbsp. ©www. 4) Cut into 2-inch pieces. add to tomato mixture. whisking to combine. Dijon mustard 1/4 tsp. or 1 pound green beans. Steamed Green Beans with Tomato-Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. salt 1/8 tsp. slowly add oil. trimmed Preparation: 1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. white wine vinegar 1/2 tsp.
green beans. fresh ginger. nama shoyu and ginger in water and remaining oil for several minutes. ©www. green onions. garlic. sesame oil. 2) Fry for about 5 minutes or until browned. 5) Serve with or without rice. and sesame seeds and sauté 2-4 more minutes. green onions 2 tsp. stems removed 1 cup fresh snow peas 1 cup water Preparation: 1) Heat 1 tsp.com 65 . nama shoyu 3 Tbsp.3. 3) Stir fry mushrooms. pressed in garlic press 2 tsp. rapeseed oil in pan and add cubed tofu. 4) Add chestnuts. divided 1 cup whole water chestnuts. tofu. drained and sliced 2 Tbsp. cubed 1” 1 tsp. fresh garlic. Vegetable N’ Braised Tofu Ingredients: 1 pound tofu firm silken style (Organic and non-gmo). minced in garlic press 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms. Rapeseed oil 2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan.
2) Food process. Grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Preparation: 1) Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 min. or sun dried tomatoes in olive oil are ready to go. vegan cheese as toppings.4. 3) In a small bowl. balsamic vinegar. of bragg liquid aminos 6 Portobello mushrooms. garlic. olive oil 2 Tbsp.com 66 . whisk together remaining chopped basil and garlic. Set aside. cleaned and dried Whole grain buns or rolls Lettuce. 4) Dip each mushroom in marinade and place on hot grill. chopped basil. and tamari. tamari. minced garlic 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. tomato slices. nama shoyu. combine sun dried tomatoes and water. onion slices. 5) Serve on toasted bun with fresh vegetables on top and sun dried tomato aioli. Grill for 5 minutes and flip with tongs. and process for 1 minute. and vegan mayonnaise. ©www. olive oil. Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Sun dried Tomato Aioli Ingredients: 6 sun-dried tomatoes or in olive oil 1/4 cup hot water 2-3 cup chopped fresh basil 2 Tbsp.
Remove from heat and cover.1/2 tsp. pinch Toppings: 1 tomato. peeled and cubed Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Strain and rinse black beans. minced 1/4 . Prepare toppings.com 67 . cumin 1 tsp. Burrito of Black Beans Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. food process. onion.VegetarianFoodPlan. Mash. Add spices. Add apple cider vinegar. black beans 2 Tbsp. ©www. Use a leaf of lettuce or tortillas to wrap up the bean. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. or blend beans and onion into a puree. cayenne pepper Black pepper.5. cubed 1 avocado. apple cider vinegar Spices: 1 clove of garlic.
diced Y2 cup carrots 1 cup cucumber. deseeded and diced 2 Tbsp. olive oil 1 Tbsp. put all vegetables slightly chopped in food processor and pulse until soup has reached desired chunkiness. fresh lime juice or apple cider vinegar 1 Tbsp. diced 2/3 bell peppers and color. halved and thinly sliced 1/4 cup green onions. deseeded and diced 1/3 cup red onions. ground pepper Hot red pepper optional Preparation: 1) Combine all ingredients and stir well. garlic. 3) Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to blend.com 68 . ground cumin 1-2 tsp. diced 1/4 cup radishes.6. 2) To speed up the chopping process. sea salt 1/4 tsp. Garden Patch Gazpacho Ingredients: 2 cups tomato vegetable juice low sodium 1 cup tomatoes. chilli powder Y2 tsp. thinly sliced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1 jalapeno pepper. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. minced 1 tsp. diced 1/3 celery.
then slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. salt 1 1/2 oz. 5) Place a small portion of kasha on each serving plate. ground coriander 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Preparation: 1) Cut off broccoli stems. cooked and drained 1/2 cup roasted red pepper 2 Tbsp. combine and purée all the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender. 2) Place kasha and salt into the water in a large saucepan. Peel the stem with a sharp knife.7. steam broccoli over boiling water for about 5 minutes. sundried tomatoes in oil 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz.com 69 . 4) Just before you are ready to eat. 3) While kasha is cooking. or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Cut or break the tops into bite-sized florets. Set aside. ©www. then top with steamed broccoli and black-bean sauce. lemon juice 2 Tbsp. black beans. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. tahini (Sesame seed butter) 1/2 tsp. or until it is bright green and just tender. Broccoli Smothered in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients: 1 large bunch broccoli 4 cups boiling water 2 cups kasha (Use buckwheat groats for a milder flavor) 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. chili powder 1/4 tsp.
8. Spike. Schilling Garlic and Herb. or pasta. polenta. Polenta. or pasta Preparation: 1) 2) Sauté the vegetables and mix in tofu cubes. or scallop) 1 onion. ©www.VegetarianFoodPlan. cut into chunks 1 red bell pepper. cut into 1-inch cubes 1 Tbsp. or other seasoning mix Olive oil Risotto. Zesty Tofu and Vegetables Ingredients: 2 to 3 cups cubed summer squash (Zucchini. cubed 1/2 pound very firm tofu. seeded and cut into large pieces 2 cups small mushrooms 2 tomatoes. crookneck. Use water in pan if you need more liquid to sauté. and top with fresh tomato wedges. Spread the cooked vegetables over Risotto.com 70 .
cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. If the onion starts to brown too quickly. but do not let them get brown. cooked Preparation (Makes 6 servings): 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. and add the green pepper and onion. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a mild boil. coarsely chopped 1 cup onion. and put them (including the juice) into a dish. stirring often while you do the next few steps. Cut the whole tomatoes into small pieces.VegetarianFoodPlan. black beans. chopped 2 1/2 cups whole tomatoes. turn down the heat on the skillet and add a little water to slow things down. using a can of diced tomatoes instead of the chopped whole tomatoes does not come out as well. basil leaf 2 tsp. The longer you cook the chili.9. red kidney beans. white northern or pinto beans. Cook for at least 5 minutes. 3 Bean Bonanza Chili Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. chopped 1 cup vegetable broth 4 tsp. seasoned (or black) pepper 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Drain and rinse the beans. ©www. Garnish with fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese if desired. cooked 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. salt 1/2 tsp. chili powder 1 jalapeno (Optional) seeded and chopped 1 tsp. For some reason. the more the flavors will blend (up to about an hour). olive oil 1 green pepper. garlic powder 1 tsp. oregano 1 tsp. ground cumin seed 1 tsp.com 71 . sugar 1/2 tsp. Stir all of the spices into the skillet.
10. raw 1/4 cup fresh/frozen corn Dash of chilli powder Sea salt Topping.VegetarianFoodPlan. 2) Place in tortilla and top with plain yogurt and salsa. ©www.plain yogurt and salsa Low carb tortilla Preparation: 1) Heat all ingredients together on the stove. grated 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms 1/4 cup red bell peppers 8 oz. black beans 1/4 cup green bell peppers 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds.com 72 . Spaghetti Squash Salad Ingredients: Whole Spaghetti Squash. cooked and removed from shell 1/4 cup carrots.
Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the extra water. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. Canola oil 1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard 1 tsp. cook for a while longer. ground coriander 1 tsp.com 73 . 8) Take the pot off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. 7) Add the spinach and cook for another 3-5 minutes to heat it up. ©www.11. Add the basmati rice and tofu and reduce heat to simmer. ground ginger 1/2 tsp. 9) Add salt and pepper to taste. If not. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. Basmati Spinach Stew Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. can coconut milk (Don't use the "light" version) 4 cups water 1 cup basmati rice 1 16 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan. After 20 minutes of cooking the rice should be looking more or less done. Cook for 10 minutes. cayenne pepper 1 14 oz. package frozen spinach Salt and pepper to taste Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Sauté carrots and spices for 3-5 minutes. black pepper 1 tsp. package firm tofu 2 carrots. peeled and sliced into half rounds 1 10 oz.
thinly sliced 1 package (14 oz. 5) Add asparagus mixture and tofu. ©www. stir-fry for 2 minutes.) extra-firm tofu. fresh asparagus.com 74 . nama shoyu. salt. Makes 4 servings. stir-fry 1 teaspoon ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 1 minute. 6) Serve with rice. divided 3 tsp. sliced almonds. heat through. sprinkle with almonds. pepper and remaining ginger in remaining oil for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. pepper 2 cups hot cooked brown rice 2 Tbsp. 2) Add asparagus. 4) Stir in vegetable broth and sweetener and add to the pan. 3) In the same pan.12.VegetarianFoodPlan. Asparagus N’ Squash Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/2 tsp. divided 1 cup onions 1 lb. salt 1/4 tsp. Bring to a boil. toasted Preparation: 1) In a large nonstick skillet or wok. stir-fry tofu. Add onions. drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1/4 tsp. halved and sliced 2 green onions. cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. braggs amino acids 2 tsp. Remove and keep warm. agave nectar or honey 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth 4 tsp. Add squash. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. minced fresh gingerroot. stir-fry 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. canola oil. trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces 1 medium yellow summer squash.
seitan Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) Whisk together all ingredients except for the seitan. ©www. Grill over hot coals. Add to grilled vegetables or on top of a fresh salad. olive oil 1 lb. Zesty Grilled Seitan Recipe Ingredients: 1/4 cup white wine 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar Zest and juice from one lime Dash salt and pepper to taste 2 Tbsp.13. turning once and brushing with extra marinade as desired.com 75 .VegetarianFoodPlan. Marinate the seitan in the mixture for at least 45 minutes.
14. ©www. soy sauce Water for cooking the beans Preparation: 1) 2) Soak the beans overnight in 2 cups of water. 3) Makes 2 -4 servings.com 76 . Drain off any remaining water and stir in the tahini and soy sauce.5 cups water to the beans. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Sesame Adzuki Beans Ingredients: 1/2 cup dry adzuki beans 1/4 cup tahini 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the beans are soft (depending on your beans 45 minutes to an hour). Add 1. Drain off the water and transfer the beans to a saucepan.
undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. chopped 1 package low sodium natural taco seasoning 2 cups whole kernel corn. vegan cheese) Preparation: 1) Saute the onion until soft in a large pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. cooked. cilantro. black beans. 2) Add the other ingredients to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes.15. fat free vegetarian refried beans 1 cup diced tomatoes 1 cup salsa Toppings (Avocado. Taco Soup Ingredients: 1 large onion. undrained 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. ©www.com 77 . fresh cut of the cob 1 3/4 cups or 15 oz. great northern beans. Makes 15 cups.VegetarianFoodPlan.
vegetarian baked beans.16. ©www. and cook over medium heat until golden brown for about 4 minutes. Makes 6 – 8 servings. hot sauce and 8 ounces of cheese. 2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. finely chopped 2 jalapenos. cilantro and cumin. finely chopped 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 tsp. drained 1-3 tsp. Grilled Stuffed Chili Rellenos or Green Bell Peppers Ingredients: 6 large poblano chiles or red/green bell peppers 2 Tbsp. Add onion. 4) Set up grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. garlic. seeded and chopped 1/2 red bell pepper. ground cumin 3 1/2 cups or 28 oz. to taste Freshly ground black pepper. coarsely grated Salt. Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese or vegan cheese. about 30 to 40 minutes. 3) Remove pan from heat and stir in baked beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. red bell pepper. olive oil 1 medium onion. jalapenos. to taste Preparation: 1) Cut poblano chiles in half lengthwise to create a boat for filling and scrape out seeds. Arrange the chillies on the grill away from the heat. 5) Cook until chillies are tender and cheese is browned and bubbling. to taste 12 oz.com 78 . hot sauce. finely chopped 2 cloves garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed chiles and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Add sauteed onions and the rest of the ingredients. adding the flour a few tablespoons at a time to combine well. approximately 1/2 inch thick and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm. ©www. onion powder 1/2 tsp. Form bean mixture into patties. crumbled 1 tsp. diced 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. Mixture will be thick. Black Bean Burgers Ingredients: 1/2 onion.com 79 . about 3-5 minutes. seasoned salt Salt and pepper to taste Oil for frying Whole grain bun or bread Preparation: 1) 2) Sautee the onions till soft. Make veggie burgers and enjoy! 3) Makes 6 servings. except the oil.17. cooked 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 slices bread. garlic powder 1 tsp. black beans.VegetarianFoodPlan. mash the beans until almost smooth. In a large bowl.
for 10 minutes.com 80 . cider vinegar 1 tsp. sauté the green pepper. cannelloni beans. minced fresh cilantro 1 tsp. ©www. sugar. olive oil 1 3/4 cup or 15 oz. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper 5 cups hot cooked gluten free penne pasta Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) In a large skillet. minced 1 Tbsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. jalapeno and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. uncovered. Stir in the peas. salt and pepper.18. bring to a boil. seeded and chopped 3 garlic cloves. Simmer. agave nectar 1 tsp. vinegar. simmer 10 minutes longer. Makes 6 servings. onion. rinsed and drained 1-3 Tbsp. cilantro. Add tomatoes. Penne Pasta & Beans Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes 1 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 jalapeno pepper. Toss with pasta.
for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. sprinkle with cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. rinsed and drained 1 Y2 cup diced tomatoes Y2 cup (4 oz. Reduce heat. ground cumin 1 tsp. oregano. chopped Preparation: 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) In a nonstick skillet.com 81 . Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro. tomatoes. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. chilies and seasonings. chili powder (Or purchase a natural taco seasoning to replace chilli. Bring to a boil. Bean Tacos Ingredients: 1 medium onion. warmed 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or vegan cheddar cheese 1 large ripe avocado. salt 1/4 tsp.) chopped green chilies 1 Tbsp.) black beans. simmer.VegetarianFoodPlan. pepper 8 low carb tortillas (6 inches). olive oil 4 cups (32 oz. dried oregano 1/2 tsp. Makes 8 servings. chopped 2 garlic cloves. salt. peeled and sliced Fresh cilantro to top. saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. garlic powder) 1 tsp.19. minced 1 Tbsp. ©www. uncovered. cumin. Stir in the beans.
sesame oil 1 medium sweet yellow pepper. 4) Stir coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. salt 1/2 tsp. 2) In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray. 3) In the same pan. Makes 6 servings. Curried Tofu Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1/4 cup nama shoyu sauce or Braggs Amino Acid 2 Tbsp. Add mushrooms and onions. drained and cubed 2 tsp. Add cabbage and tomatoes. stir-fry yellow pepper for 1 minute. cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups shredded cabbage 4 plum tomatoes. chopped 3 cups hot cooked brown rice Preparation: 1) In a small bowl. curry powder 1 tsp. cornstarch 1-1/2 tsp. ©www. minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp. peanut butter 1 can (14 oz. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender. stir-fry 2 minutes longer. 5) Return tofu to skillet.com 82 . honey or agave 1/2 tsp.) firm tofu. stir-fry for 2 minutes. crushed red pepper flakes 1 package (16 oz. bring to a boil. stir-fry tofu in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. set aside. chili powder 1/2 tsp.VegetarianFoodPlan. Remove and keep warm. julienned 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms 1 tbsp. 6) Serve with rice. combine the first 10 ingredients.20.) light coconut milk 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 8 green onions.
uncovered. for 5 minutes. Reduce heat. simmer. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. black beans and seasonings. 2) Meanwhile. rinsed and drained 2 Tbsp. 3) Stir in the pasta sauce. 5) Top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. 4) Drain fettuccine. ©www. chopped 1 small onion. Makes 5 servings. sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender. olive oil 2 cups pasta sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 3/4 cup or(15 oz. dried basil 1 tsp. garlic salt Dash pepper 1/2 cup (4 oz.VegetarianFoodPlan.21. fennel seed 1/4 tsp. dried oregano 1/2 tsp.com 83 . Bring to a boil.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese Preparation: 1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Spinach Fettuccine with Tomato Basil Bean Sauce Ingredients: 6 oz. uncooked vegan spinach fettuccine 1 small green pepper. in a large saucepan. chopped 1 Tbsp.) black beans.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?