This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 1 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/CUVÂNT INAINTE
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Page 1 of 1
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA - VERBUL
Asist uni. Georgeta Obilisteanu Lect.univ. Marioara Patesan 1. CUVÂNT INAINTE 2. LECTIA I - TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV 3. LECTIA II - CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR 4. LECTIA III - MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRAZELE CONDITIONALE 5. LECTIA IV - VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRECTA 6. LECTIA V - DIATEZA PASIVA 7. LECTIA VI - VERBELE MODALE 8. LECTIA VII - MODUL SUBJONCTIV 9. LECTIA VIII - MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI CONSTRUCTIILE VERBALE 10. LECTIA IX - CHEIA EXERCITIILOR 10.1 Timpurile modului 10.2. Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor 10.3. Exercitii cu fraze conditionale 10.4. Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si indirecta 10.5. Exercitii cu diateza pasiva 10.6. Exercitii cu verbe modale 10.7. Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv 10.8. Exercitii cu constructii verbale 11. LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE
Verbul constituie coloana vertebrala a unei limbi. Cartea „Curs practic de limba engleza – verbul" (cu exercitii si cheie) cuprinde o parte teoretica – prezentarea clara si sistematica a modurilor, timpurilor, concordantei timpurilor, verbelor modale si a altor probleme legate de verbul englez (cu exemple si traducere), precum si o parte practica cu exercitii la fiecare capitol si la sfârsitul cartii au fost incluse cheia exercitiilor si lista verbelor neregulate intâlnite in cadrul exemplelor si exercitiilor. Prezentarea teoretica a problemelor este facuta in limba româna. Cursul se adreseaza studentilor incepatori si intermediari din anii I si II de studiu, precum si cursantilor adulti, cu conditia ca acestia sa aiba cunostinte anterioare, chiar sumare, de limba engleza.
1 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 1 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 2 of 18
Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri
Negativ I am not working. You are not (aren’t) working. He/she/it is not (isn’t) working. We are not (aren’t) working. You are not (aren’t) working. They are not (aren’t) working. Interogativ Am I working? Are we working? Are you working? Are you working? Is he/she/it working? Are they working? Present Tense Simple se foloseste pentru a arata o actiune in plina desfasurare in momentul prezent. Ex. Where are you going? I am going to school. De asemenea poate arata o actiune care se desfasoara pe timp limitat in perioada prezenta. Ex.: I go to school by bus this week. My father is taking me in his car. Uneori se poate folosi timpul Present Tense Continuous cu adverbul always, pentru a arata o actiune repetata. In acest caz, exista o conotatie afectiva (nemultumire) sau actiunea respectiva este caracteristica pentru acea persoana. Ex. You are always losing your things. You are always grumbling when I ask you to help me in the kitchen. Exercitii cu Present Simple si Present Continuous 1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii (Present Simple) la interogativ si negativ: Nota: Verbul „to have", atunci când nu inseamna „a avea, a poseda", ci este parte dintr-o expresie (to have breakfast, to have a shower, to have a party), formeaza negativul si interogativul cu ajutorul auxiliarului „to do". I love my brother. She talks too much. I understand you. You play the piano very well. I always believe you. He remembers my phone number. They live in Bucharest. He has a hot bath every day. I trust my friend. I have lunch at one o’clock.
LECTIA I TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV Exista doua aspecte in limba engleza: simplu si continuu. In general, timpurile simple se folosesc atunci când accentul se pune pe actiunea propriu-zisa, iar timpurile continue se folosesc atunci când accentul se pune pe durata actiunii, pe perioada de timp in care aceasta are loc. In explicarea intrebuintarii timpurilor continue se va intâlni formularea „actiune in plina desfasurare". Aceasta inseamna ca actiunea a inceput inainte de momentul la care se face referire si va continua dupa acel moment. Exista un numar de verbe in limba engleza care nu se folosesc la forma continua, deoarece ideea de durata e inclusa in continutul lor semantic. Ex. to want, to like, to dislike, to understand, to owe, to matter, to love, to hate, to belong, to believe, to remember, to know. A. Present Tense Simple Afirmativ Negativ I work I do not (don’t) work You work You do not (don’t) work He/she/it works He/she/it does not (doesn’t) work We work We do not (don’t) work You work You do not (don’t) work They work They do not (don’t) work Interogativ Do I work? Do we work? Do you work? Do you work? Does he/she/it work? Do they work? Present Tense Simple se foloseste pentru a arata o actiune regulata, obisnuita, in perioada prezenta. Ex. What do you do? (Cu ce te ocupi?) I am a student. What time do you usually have breakfast? Present Tense Continuous Se conjuga verbul „to be" la timpul prezent si se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. Afirmativ I am working We are working. You are working You are working He/she/it is working They are working
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
2. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii (Present Continuous) la negativ si interogativ:
2 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 3 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 4 of 18 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. It is raining. I am having a walk. He is telling the truth. You are typing a letter. They are swimming in the river. My friend is wearing a new dress. My mother is resting. We are studying English. Ann is knitting. The child is learning to play the piano.
I (think) of my mother just now. 7. You (know) what time is it? 4. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. Iarna ninge. Duminica el nu se scoala devreme. Eu nu studiez seara. Ce faci? Citesti sau privesti la televizor? Secretara tocmai bate la masina un referat. Ea merge la cumparaturi sâmbata. Acum imi fac temele la engleza. Nu-mi place cafeaua. Ce carte citesti? La ce ora se scoala John dimineata? Ce faci tu in zilele libere? Cui ii telefonezi? El nu merge la scoala cu metroul, merge pe jos. De ce deschizi fereastra? Adesea citesc carti englezesti. Ea isi face bagajul. Cât de des le scrii parintilor tai? Când merg la mare imi place sa inot mult. Clientul tocmai isi alege o pereche de pantofi. B. Past Tense Simple Past Tense Simple se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei – ed in cazul verbelor regulate. Ex. to work – worked Daca verbul este neregulat, Past Tense trebuie invatat din tabelul de verbe neregulate care indica cele trei forme de baza ale verbului: forma I – infinitiv, forma II- Paste Tense, forma III – participiul trecut. Ex. to speak – spoke – spoken Afirmativ
3. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Present Simple sau la Present Continuous: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. I (not go) shopping because it (rain). What you (do) on Sundays? He usually (drink) coffee but now he (drink) tea. In England it often (rain). I (not like) that boy. He usually (speak) so quickly that I (not understand) him. You (like) this book? You (dream) at night?
Yes, I (dream) every night. 1. I can’t answer the phone now because I (cook). 2. How you usually (get) to work? I usually (go) by bus, but now I (take) a taxi because I am late. 1. The manager can’t receive you now as he (have) an interview. 2. You (write) to John now? Yes, I (be). I always (write) to him on his birthday. 1. Where you (hurry)? To the theatre, as I (not want) to miss the first act. 1. She always (borrow) books from me and never (remember) to give them back. 2. You (go) to work every day? Yes, of course, except Saturdays and Sundays. 3. Why you (smoke) so much? 4. Who you (wait) for? I (wait) for John, but he is late, as usual. 5. I always (have) a rest after lunch. 6. What you (think) of?
worked I/you/he/she/it/we/they spoke Negativ work I/you/he/she/it/we/they did not speak
3 of 42
CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 5 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA... Page 6 of 18 Interogativ work? Did I/you/he/she/it/we/they speak? Forma prescurtata a lui did not este didn’t (I didn’t work). Past Tense Simple arata o actiune trecuta, terminata, efectuata intr-o perioada de timp trecuta, terminata. Este timpul de naratiune. Se traduce, de obicei, cu perfectul compus. Ex. Yesterday I went for a walk. (Ieri am mers al plimbare.) Last year I travelled to England. (Anul trecut am calatorit in Anglia.) Past Tense Continuous Se formeaza prin conjugarea verbului „to be" la trecut (Past Tense) si adaugarea formei ing a verbului de conjugat. Afirmativ I was working We were working You were working You were working He/she/it was working They were working Negativ I was not working We were not working You were not working You were not working He/she/it was not working They were not working Formele prescurtate sunt: was not – wasn’t I wasn’t working. were not – weren’t They weren’t working. Interogativ Was I working? Were we working? Were you working? Were you working? Was he/she/it working? Were they working? Arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intr-un moment din trecut. Se traduce, de obicei, cu imperfectul. Ex. This time yesterday, I was watching TV. (Ieri pe vremea asta priveam la televizor.) Adesea, in aceeasi fraza, este posibil sa apara un verb folosit la Past Continuous si un verb folosit la Past Simple. In acest caz, verbul la Past Continuous (tradus cu imperfectul), reprezinta fundalul de timp pe care se petrece actiunea exprimata de Past Simple (tradus cu perfectul compus). Ex. While I was crossing the street, I met John. Este, de asemenea, posibil sa apara intr-o fraza timpul Past Continuous in mod repetat. In aceasta situatie, ambele verbe se traduc cu imperfectul, ele aratând actiuni paralele, in plina desfasurare, intr-un moment trecut. Ex. While John was reading, his sister was watching TV. (In timp ce John citea, sora lui privea la televizor.) Exercitii cu Past Tense Simple si Continuous 1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii la Past Tense Simple: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. I sleep until 9 o’clock every day. He meets John on Sundays. You speak English well. You drink too much. You ask too many questions. I play football. I own two umbrellas. I like to have a coffee in the morning. That sounds interesting. I always make cakes on Sundays.
1. Puneti verbele din urmatoarele propozitii la negativ si interogativ: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. He thought about you. They drank all the wine. I hated him. He changed his library book every day. I sold my car. We worked very hard. He came home late. I enjoyed travelling. He translated the text. He forbade her to do this.
1. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Tense Simple sau Continuous: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. When you (come in), I talk on the phone. When I first (meet) him, he (work) in a bank. While he (learn) to drive, he (have) an accident. As I (write), someone (ring up). Where you (go) when I (meet) you? What you (do) this time yesterday? When I (enter) the classroom, the teacher (write) on the blackboard. When I (arrive), she (have) dinner. This time last Sunday, I (watch) a film on TV. He suddenly (realize) that he (not wear) his glasses.
1. Traduceti in limba engleza:
4 of 42
Acum doua zile am cazut si mi-am rupt piciorul. Unde ti-ai petrecut concediul vara trecuta? Ieri m-am sculat devreme. ora 10 a. care are rezultate in prezent sau care. dintr-un motiv sau altul. intrucât „when" reprezinta un moment precizat in trecut. Duminica trecuta prietenii mei au jucat sah. I haven’t got up early this morning. Nu m-am sculat devreme azi dimineata.. eu conduceam masina spre Sinaia. Baietii jucau carti când l-au auzit pe tatal lor intrând in casa. Page 7 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. Ce faceai martea trecuta la ora 7 dimineata? Ma pregateam sa merg la facultate.) I haven’t seen John since September. I haven’t seen John for two months. Soarele nu a apus la ora 8 aseara. Timpul Present Perfect Simple se foloseste in urmatoarele situatii: l l Ex. Se foloseste cu adverbe de timp neprecizat care leaga trecutul de prezent. (Nu l-am vazut pe John din septembrie. 6. intereseaza in prezent. (Nu l-am vazut pe John de doua luni. He/she/it has not (hasn’t) worked. se foloseste Past Simple. 15. this week. I have seen two films this week. (Mi-am pierdut umbrela.) I have known John since 1990. El a dat primul examen saptamâna trecuta. incepând din) si for (de. folosirea timpului verbal este conditionata de momentul in care se face afirmatia. 14. 3. efectuata intr-o perioada de timp neterminata.. Adverbe de timp neprecizat care se aseaza intre auxiliar si verb: often.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 11.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Interogativ Have I worked? Has he/she/it worked? Timpul Present Perfect este un timp de relatie. Cu acest sens se folosesc de obicei prepozitiile since (din. ever. C. Ex.. 20. 8. Ex. Afirmativ I have worked We have worked You have worked You have worked He/she/it has worked They have worked Negativ I have not (haven’t) worked. already. daca aceasta este in cursul diminetii (pâna la ora 12) sau dupa amiaza. arata o actiune trecuta. M-am sculat târziu ieri dimineata. nu se poate folosi timpul Present Perfect.m. 2. Ex. (Il cunosc pe John de doi ani. 19. 9. In acest caz. 21.) Daca adverbul de timp este „this morning". arata o actiune inceputa in trecut care continua pâna in prezent. 10. Trebuie sa-mi cumpar una noua. 22. Timpul Present Perfect nu poate fi folosit cu un adverb de timp precizat in trecut. Cine a câstigat meciul alaltaieri? In timp ce ploua.) Trebuie precizat faptul ca. I lost my umbrella yesterday. mi-am luat micul dejun si apoi am plecat la scola.) I have known John for two years. I must buy a new one. 17. When did you see Hamlet? I saw it last week. 4. Ieri pe vremea asta ploua. seldom. Ei au ascuns imediat cartile si si-au scos manualele de scoala.m. daca se mentioneaza momentul trecut in care a avut loc actiunea care intereseaza in prezent sau care are rezultate in prezent. ora 2 p. (Il cunosc pe John din 1990. 12. Ai dormit bine noaptea trecuta? Ieri nu am mers la bazinul de inot. De asemenea. 7. daca se pune o intrebate referitoare la trecut care incepe cu „when".actrus. timp de). just. always. http://quintet. this year. Batea un vânt puternic când am iesit din casa. Ex. 16. I didn’t get up early this morning.) l arata o actiune trecuta.html 5 of 42 12/15/04 . El arata o legatura intre trecut si momentul prezent. la care se adauga forma a treia (participiul trecut) a verbului de conjugat. Ex. Traducerea celor doua propozitii in limba româna este identica. Have you seen Hamlet? (Ai vazut Hamlet?) I have lost my umbrella . I must buy a new one. In timp ce imi cautam pasaportul am gasit aceasta fotografie veche. never. Page 8 of 18 1. 13. folosirea lui este insotita de adverbe precum: today.. this month. nu mai poate fi folosit timpul Present Perfect. Când te-ai intors de la munte? Când ai cumparat acest televizor? Ieri mi-am pierdut manusile. Present Perfect Simple Timpul Present Perfect Simple se formeaza prin conjugarea verbului „to have" la prezent.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. (Am vazut doua filme saptamâna aceasta.actrus. 18. Saptamâna trecuta am fost bolnav si nu am mers la scoala. terminata. In acest caz.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. 5.
) De asemene. 7. Page 9 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. I (wear) my hair long since I (be) a little girl. She (change) a lot since I (see) her last. He has not (hasn’t) been working. You (be) out of work long? 5. How long you (wear) glasses? I (cook) all the morning. I (shop) all day and I want to have a rest now. He (fish) for two hours but he (catch) nothing yet. Where you (be)? I (be) to the market. 8. I’m tired of it. It has been raining for three hours. she (try) to make trouble. He (not come) home yet. I (not be) to the seaside this year. 8. 4. You must come and see it. 20. I just (have) one.. When you (use) it last? 2.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Adverbe de timp neprecizat care stau la sfârsitul propozitiei: lately. You (water) the flowers? He just (leave) home. I (get) a job last month. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. (Nu l-am vazut in ultimul timp. Ex. 19. I (try) last year but I (not succeed). 7. (Sunt obosit pentru ca am muncit toata ziua. 4. Your ever (try) to give up smoking? Yes. You (not see) it anywhere? No. 2. 12/15/04 http://quintet. 9. I (lose) my pen. I am not out of work now. He hasn’t returned home yet. poate arata probabilitatea ca actiunea inceputa in trecut. 6. How long you (live) here? I (live) here for one year. I already (see) this film. 13. 12. 8. 7.actrus. thank you. 2. fie cu perfectul compus. How many dishes you (cook)? Why you (be) in the garden so long? I (water) the flowers. You (read) Sorescu’s last book? You (pay) the telephone bill? He (not go) to bed yet. 11. It (not rain) since December. in functie de context. 17. I have never been to England. we shall have floods. sa continue si in viitor. We (know) each other for several years. 22. 6. It’s time we woke him up. Present Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Present Perfect Simple al verbului „to be". intre un moment trecut si prezent. I have often been to England. Have you ever been to England? (Ai fost vreodata in Anglia?) No. 3. You ever (drive) a car? He always (rely on) his friend. I am tired because I have been working all day. 6. Ex. Ex. (El nu s-a intors inca acasa. 3. Folositi Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous in locul infinitivelor din paranteze: 1.) Dupa cum se poate observa. Daca nu se opreste in curând. 12.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Page 10 of 18 Ex. 3. 10. 21. 9. Interogativ Have I been working? Has he been working? Timpul Present Perfect Continuous arata o actiune in plina desfasurare. Afirmativ I have been working We have been working You have been working You have been working He/she/it has been working They have been working Negativ I have not (haven’t) been working. When are you going to do it? Ever since that woman came to work here. 14. Yes. The radio (play) since 7 a.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICA. 1. timpul Present Perfect Simple se traduce in româneste fie cu prezentul.actrus. I (buy) a new house.) Ca si Present Perfect Simple. 5. (Ploua de trei ore. There isn’t any train service because the engine – drivers (go) on strike. care continua in prezent.. 10. 1. You (see) your mother this week? No. 5. 4. I (ask) you to clean your room for two days. 11. He (sleep) for 10 hours now. 15.. Folositi Present Perfect Simple in locul infinitivelor din paranteze: 1. yet (in propozitii negative). she (leave) for Brasov a week ago. 16.html 6 of 42 .) I haven’t seen him lately. cu accent pe durata. You (visit) the Village Museum? You ever (eat) caviar? I (not write) to my friend for three months. Exercitii cu Present Perfect Simple si Continuous 1.m.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Would you like a cake? No.. vom avea inundatii. 18. I (lend) him some money today. I (do) a lot of work since I (get up) in the morning. I haven’t. se poate traduce cu prezentul sau cu perfectul compus din limba româna. If it doesn’t stop soon. Folositi Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau Past Tense Simple in locul infinitivelor: 1.
El este ministru de doi ani. Past Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Past Perfect Simple al verbului „to be". When he entered the room. Interogativ Had I been working? Aceste forme se pastreaza la toate persoanele.) Ca sens.. 23.. She said she already (be) to England.. Negativ I had not (hadn’t) been working. l-am luat la ora 8. la care se adauga forma III (past participle) a verbului de conjugat. El a scris numai doua scrisori de când a plecat in strainatate. he got bored. in acest caz. Negativ I had not (hadn’t) worked. 11. 17. Am stat acasa si nu am regretat nici o clipa. echivalentul in limba româna al acestui timp este mai mult ca perfectul. Este. un verb de relatie. they drank some coffee. când in aceeasi fraza in propozitia principala se afla un verb la Past Tense. (Dupa ce John privise (a privit) la televizor 10 minute. ca si Present Perfect. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Perfect Simple: 1. she had been typing for one hour. (Când mi-ai telefonat.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC.) Dupa cum se observa. Timpul Past Perfect Continuous arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intre doua momente trecute. 25. 21. 9.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 18. 24. 3. (El a spus ca ploua de trei zile. Interogativ Had I worked? Acest timp are aceeasi forma la toate persoanele. Cine te-a invatat sa vorbesti engleza atât de bine? Unde ti-ai petrecut vacanta anul acesta? M-am gândit adesea sa-mi iau carnet de conducere. Afirmativ I had worked. 10. 4. http://quintet. Page 11 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. Cu cine ai votat la ultimele alegeri? Nu am mers la vot. Un copil a spart geamul. After they (finish) dinner. Past Perfect Continuous poate prelua functiile lui Present Perfect Cotinuous in propozitia secundara. Arata o actiune trecuta care a avut loc inaintea unei alte actiuni sau a unui moment din trecut. De cât timp inveti engleza? Vremea s-a incalzit in ultimul timp. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind Past Tense Simple sau Present Perfect Simple sau Continuous: 1. 5. terminasem de scris temele. De când mi-am cumparat masina.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. acum doi ani. 11. Ai mai fost in acest oras? Da. 22. It (rain) since we (leave) Bucharest. este vorba de o relatie intre doua momente trecute. Past Perfect Simple Se formeaza cu verbul „to have" la Past Tense Simple. Ex. La ce te-ai uitat? A fost un accident. Ninge de doua ore. ea batea la masina de o ora. (Când el a intrat in camera. Ti-ai luat deja micul dejun? Da.) He said it had been raining for three days.actrus.) After John had been watching TV for 10 minutes. 15. Traduc un text de doua ore si nu l-am terminat inca. He (be) very ill since the holidays (begin). Ai vazut ziarul de azi? A plecat John? Da. 14. 1. Am mers pe jos 10 km pâna acum.. acest timp se poate traduce cu mai mult ca perfectul. perfectul compus sau imperfectul din limba româna. 2. 19. Exercitii cu Past Simple si Continuous 1. De asemenea. 12. am mers arareori pe jos la slujba. Yesterday at 9 o’clock I had had breakfast. I had finished writing my homework. Se poate traduce cu mai mult ca perfectul sau perfectul compus. (Ieri la ora 9 luasem micul dejun. 2. 8. D. dar. 10. 16.actrus. Afirmativ I had been working. 13. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. am petrecut o luna aici. 7. s-a plictisit.) When you rang me up. Mergem pe jos de la ora 3. 20. Trebuie sa-l inlocuim. Page 12 of 18 9.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Ex.html 7 of 42 12/15/04 . Ei lucreaza la aceasta casa de un an si nu au terminat-o inca. a plecat acum o ora. The child (play) the piano since I (return) from school. 6.
We (ask) him what countries he (visit). You will be going. She just (go) out when I (call at) her house. After John (listen to) the news bulletin.actrus. 3. 8. 4. 8. Secretara mi-a spus ca directorul vorbea la telefon de o jumatate de ora. http://quintet. Ex. Când am ajuns la statia de autobuz. He told me he (catch) some fish on that day. I (return) from school. 10. 6. 1. He asked me whether I (meet) John before. 9. 4. You will be going. After we (walked) for an hour. Page 14 of 18 3. When I rang her up. Negativ I (shall) will not be going. 9. 5. El mi-a multumit pentru ceea ce facusem pentru el. The child (eat) all the cakes before his mother became aware of it. 3. (Il voi intâlni saptamâna viitoare. I (shall) will meet him next week. At 3 o’clock on Friday. she (write) letters for one hour. Interogativ Shall I go? Shall we go? Will you go? Will you go? Will he/she/it/ go? Will they go? Trebuie remarcat faptul ca la interogativ persoana I.) Future Continuous Se formeaza cu viitorul simplu al verbului „to be". We (shall) will be going.. When I arrived home.. 2. After Jane (swim) for half an hour. 6. He (learn) English for two years before he (go) to England for the first time. 4.. The river became deeper after it (rain) heavily for a few hours. 9. se foloseste numai „shall".actrus. They will be going. E. 12/15/04 http://quintet. 5. a inmânat-o profesorului. iar pentru „will not" este won’t.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. she (clean) and (dust) for 5 hours. we (climb) for 7 hours. We (shall) will not be going. 8.. When I (find out) he (get married). Future Tense Simple Se formeaza cu shall sau will la persoana I. 7. He/she/it will be going.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 9. mother (cook) for two hours. Puneti verbele din paranteza la Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau la Past Tense Simple: 1. she felt chilly. 10. When I left home. Afirmativ I (shall) will be going. De indata ce a terminat de scris lucrarea. 7. Afirmativ I (shall) will go We (shall) will go You will go You will go He/she/it will go They will go Negativ I (shall) will not go We (shall) will not go You will not go You will not go He/she/it will not go They will not go Forma scurta pentru „shall not" este shan’t. When we met them. 10. 4. I (ring up) him and (congratulate) him. I realized she (have) a party. they (wait) for the bus for half an hour. 2. 3.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. The professor (speak) for 10 minutes when I (enter) the hall. Ei au calatorit in multe tari dupa ce s-au casatorit. 2. When we arrived at Sinaia.html 12/15/04 1. He/she/it will not be going. la care se adauga infinitivul verbului de conjugat. When she decided to have a rest. When she sat for the exam. 10. mi-am dat seama ca imi lasasem poseta acasa. she (study) the subject for a week. 8. 6. we (realize) we (lose) our way. 6. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous sau Past Tense Simple: 1. The house was much smaller then he (think) at first. El nu facuse nimic inainte de a-mi cere mie sfatul. The fire (spread) to the next building when the firemen arrived. When I called on her unexpectedly. 5. Se traduce cu viitorul din limba româna. De indata ce au plecat musafirii. somebody told us it (rain) for hours. We were shocked to hear she (not pass) the exam. Mi-a parut rau ca il jignisem. he (go) downstairs to have dinner. am mers la culcare. You will not be going. 5. Ei mi-au spus ca locuiau in Franta din 1980. will la persoana II si III. she (tell) me they (be) friends for five years. After John (leave). When we reached the top. 1.html 8 of 42 . la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. 7. Page 13 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. it (rain) for one hour. She discovered her child (not tell) the truth. Nu ti-am telefonat pentru ca am crezut ca plecasesi in strainatate. Acest timp arata o actiune viitoare obisnuita. He (tell) me he (be) to the theatre the day before. Puneti verbele din paranteze la Past Perfect Continuous: 1. 7.
Ex. They will not have gone.actrus. Negativ I (shall) will not have gone. I will have been studying for three hours. At three o’clock. the next day. I will have reached Predeal. Page 15 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. (Mâine la ora trei voi calatori spre Anglia.. Preia functiile lui Future Tense Continuous intr-o propozitie secundara. Arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intre doua momente viitoare. They will have gone.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.actrus. You will not have gone. Este un timp rar folosit.) Alte mijloace de exprimare a viitorului http://quintet. Future-in-the-Past Continuous Se formeaza cu Future-in-the-Past Simple al verbului „to be". You will have gone. (Mâine pâna la ora trei voi fi ajuns la Predeal. I should (would) be going. Acest timp este folosit in concordanta timpurilor pentru a arata o actiune posterioara unui moment sau unei actiuni din trecut. When you come home. la care se adauga forma -ing a verbului de conjugat. He/she/it will not have gone. (have + forma III). Afirmativ I (should) would go We (should) would go You would go You would go He/she/it would go They would go Negativ I (should) would not go We (should) would not go You would not go You would not go He/she/it would not go They would not go Forma scurta de la „should not" este shouldn’t.html 9 of 42 12/15/04 . iar cea de la „would not" este wouldn’t. Când vei veni tu acasa. nu se pune problema folosirii lui a interogativ decât in intrebari disjunctive.) Intrucât nu poate fi intâlnit decât in propozitii secundare (dupa un verb la timpul trecut in propozitia principala). atunci când in principala se afla un verb la trecut. You will not have gone. Ex. Ex. Interogativ Shall I have gone? Shall we have gone? Will you have gone? Will you have gone? Will he/she/it have gone? Will they have gone? Acest timp arata o actiune anterioara unei alte actiuni sau unui moment viitor.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. va calatori spre Anglia. We (shall) will have gone. Future-in-the-Past Simple Se formeaza cu should (persoana I) sau would (toate persoanele). la ora 3. Interogativ Shall I be going? Shall we be going? Will you be going? Will you be going? Will he/she/it be going? Will they be going? Acest timp arata o actiune in plina desfasurare intr-un moment viitor. la care se adauga forma ing a verbului de conjugat. la care se adauga infinitivul verbului de conjugat. They will not be going. I (shall) will have been going. Se traduce cu viitorul simplu sau cu viitorul anterior din limba româna.) Se traduce cu viitorul din limba româna.. Afirmativ I (shall) will have gone. He said that at 3 o’clock. Se traduce cu timpul viitor anterior din limba româna. (El a spus ca in ziua urmatoare. Ex. I will be travelling to England. You will have gone. (El a spus ca va intârzia. la care se adauga infinitivul trecut al verbului de conjugat.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. Future Perfect Simple Se formeaza cu shall sau will. We (shall) will not have gone. By three o’clock tomorrow.. Page 16 of 18 You will not be going. Ex. he would be travelling to England..CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. He said he would be late. voi studia (voi fi studiat) de trei ore. Este un timp sestul de rar folosit. He/she/it will have gone.) Future Perfect Continuous Se formeaza cu Future Perfect al verbului „to be".
3.. I (swim) in the sea. The sun (rise) in 10 minutes. (Plec/voi pleca la Londra mâine. 10. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind unul din tipurile de viitor: 1. Exercitii cu timpurile „Future" 1. Page 17 of 18 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. I (cook) for two hours. Arata o intentie. un aranjament prealabil pentru viitorul apropiat. Am cumparat o masina de scris si voi invata sa bat. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. the sun (rise) before we reach the beach. Ex. (Voi citi/am de gând sa citesc aceasta carte. 3. 3. 5. 6. Don’t expect me home for dinner. we (climb) the mountain. Tomorrow morning at 8 o’clock. Unde il vei pune? Ex. the baby (cry). 7. I am sure I (succeed). Let’s hurry to the beach. it probably (rain). When you reach Sinaia. I (work) at the office till late at night. 3. 2. 11. I am meeting John this morning. Arata de asemenea o intentie sau o probabilitate. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Perfect Simple sau Continuous: 1. This time next month. Don’t ring her up at 8 o’clock p. http://quintet. He (be) pleased if you invite him. voi fi vazut acest film de 5 ori. Pâna la sfârsitul lunii. one hundred thousand people (spend) their holidays at the seaside. Pâna la ora 1.) It is going to rain. I (read) all the books on the bibliography list. 4. 9. You (not find) a solution if you don’t know the whole truth. 6. El va studia in biblioteca luni de la ora 1 la 5. This time next day. Vineri. 4. He (study) all day tomorrow. I leave for London tomorrow. Ex. By the time you come home. (Il intâlnesc/il voi intâlni pe John in dimineata aceasta. mâine. 9. intre orele 12 si 1. In a week’s time. You (remember) to post my letter? I hope I (pass) the exam. 2. ea va fi terminat curatenia in casa.m.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_1. 7. 5. 7. Pâna anul viitor pe vremea aceasta. 6. 8. I am sure you (like) this book. 7. Intr-un astfel de context. If we don’t hurry. 10.) l Expresia „to be going to" + infinitiv. You (need) the vacuum cleaner tomorrow or may I borrow it? I am sure when I arrive home.actrus. 1. 3.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/TIMPURILE MODULUI INDIC. I (have) breakfast. 2.. ei vor avea ultima ora de engleza. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Simple: 1. bine stabilit. 12. I am going to read this book. Next year. 8. 9.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. I (pay off) all my debts. 5. 2. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future Continuous: 1. you (see) all the exhibits in the museum.actrus. I (know) the results in three days’ time. 4. 8. Din cauza grevei soferilor de autobuze multa lume va merge pe jos la slujba. 4. Trenul va fi plecat inainte de a ajunge noi la gara. By the end of the season. I (work) on this paper for a month. By the beginning of next week. 6. I (finish) reading the newspapers by lunch time. vor fi economisit 5 milioane. Ce faci mâine dimineata la ora 11? Voi vizita târgul international. 9. Uite ce am cumparat la o licitatie! E un obiect frumos. 10. we (take) our exam. She (watch) TV. 5. You (be) in London tomorrow. they (be married) for 25 years. By 5 o’clock. When I take the exam. 10..html 10 of 42 12/15/04 . arata un program precis.) l Present Continuous + adverb de timp viitor.. You (recognize) him when you see him? I (remember) this day all my life. By the end of the month. Page 18 of 18 l Present Simple + adverb de timp viitor. 4.
(El a spus ca va cumpara o masina daca va avea bani. Past Perfect Continuous Propozitia secundara Orice alt timp „past" Ex.actrus. când propozitia secundara exprima un adevar general valabil. (Voi fi terminat de studiat când vei veni tu acasa. ci in fraze. nu in propozitii. un timp „past" Past Tense Simple. Present Perfect Simple. Ex. (El a spus ca este bolnav. Anul trecut am muncit mai mult decât anul acesta. (El a spus ca va veni sa ma vada când va avea timp. The book I am reading now was given to me by my brother. (Ea i-a promis mamei sale ca o va ajuta. He said he would come to see me when he had time.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Page 2 of 5 LECTIA II CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Concordanta timpurilor se aplica.) He said he would buy a car if he had money. Ex. (Am ajuns acasa dupa ce incetase ploaia. (El a spus ca se intorsese acasa cu o saptamâna inainte. se poate folosi Past Perfect in mod repetat. (El a spus ca va pleca a doua zi. (Ea a spus ca uitase unde si-a pus ochelarii.) She promised her mother she would help her.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Situatiile cel mai des intâlnite sunt urmatoarele: a. Past Tense Continuous. Present Tense Continuous. Future – actiune simultana – Present 2. 2. (El a spus ca va veni sa ma vada dupa ce va termina lucrul. se poate observa uneori o oarecare tendinta de a nu se respecta concordanta timpurilor atunci când verbul din propozitia principala este la trecut. care nu pot include un verb la viitor.) Nota 2: Daca intr-o fraza exista doua propozitii secundare cu I will read this book when I have time.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2.) I will have finished studying when you come home.) I arrived home after it had stopped raining. un timp „present" Present Tense Simple.actrus.) Exceptii de la concordanta timpurilor 1. Profesorul le-a spus elevilor ca apa fierbe la 100 oC. dintre care una este temporala sau conditionala. (El a spus ca merge la scola. Ea consta in aceea ca folosirea unui anumit timp in propozitia principala obliga la folosirea unui timp adecvat in propozitia secundara. Ex. (Voi merge in Anglia dupa ce voi obtine viza.) He said he was going to school. Cartea pe care o citesc acum mi-a fost data de fratele meu. The teacher told the pupils water boils at 100 oC. Present Perfect Continuous Orice timp cerut de sens Propozitia secundara Propozitia principala actiune posterioara celei din principala.) He said he would come to see me after he had finished work. 3.html 11 of 42 . Ce inseamna „un timp adecvat" se va vedea in continuare. She said she had forgotten where she had put her glasses. Past Perfect Simple. cu exceptia propozitii temporale sau conditionale. Nota: In limba engleza contemporana.) Nota 1: Daca intr-o fraza exista doua propozitii secundara cu actiunea anterioara celei din principala. Se poate intâlni. o formulare 12/15/04 http://quintet. Propozitia principala 1. Ex. a) Past Tense – actiune simultana – Past Tense He said he was ill. dupa care (in temporala sau conditionala) se intrebuinteaza Past Tense (pentru simultaneitate) sau Past Perfect (pentru anterioritate). de exemplu.) b) Past Tense – actiune anterioara – Past Perfect He said he had returned home a week before. desigur. Ex. un timp „future" Teoretic se poate folosi orice timp cerut de sens. Last year I worked more than I have done this year.) 1.) c) Past Tense – actiunea posterioara – Future-in-the-Past He said he would leave the next day. Future – actiune anterioara – Present Perfect I will go to England after I have received a visa.) b. Future-in-the-Past se poate folosi numai o singura data. când propozitia secundara este atributiva. Când propozitia secundara este comparativa. (Voi citi aceasta carte când voi avea timp.
6. 5. 2. He was sure he (pass) the exam and he promised he (give) a party afterwards. When he finally reached London. 1. Last year I earned more money than I (earn) in the next five years. You will get a shock when you (see) the mess in that room. the concert already (begin). 5. 3. I didn’t think that book to be a nice birthday present for you because I (read) it and I (not enjoy) it. They didn’t know that I (play) football. After you (drink) a coffee. He didn’t admit that he (steal) the book. I will pay my debts after I (receive) my salary. 8. I shall have typed all the letters. 5. In 1998. we supposed prices (go up). 14. I didn’t know at what temperature this metal (melt). 3. When it started to rain. The book I (read) in the last few days was lent to me by John. Yesterday I bought a new umbrella because I (lose) my old one. 19. 4. When I arrived. The train will have left before we (reach) the station. 4.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Pentru moment insa. 11. I found out that yoga (be) a very useful practice. 10. 7. they will have been married for five years. You won’t be able to speak about this book till you (read) it. 4. 2. He asked me if I usually (read) that newspaper. respectând toate regulile de concordanta a timpurilor. 6. tinând seama de relatia de anterioritate exprimata de verbul din propozitia principala sau din cea secundara: 1. He told me he never (see) the sea. 7. 9. He just (leave) home when he came across John. After he (repair) the car. We all believed he (win) the competition. 8. 5. 5. 9. we (dig) in the garden for an hour. He was in a hurry because he (want) to catch the train. They (know) each other for a long time before they finally got married. 6. 15. As wages had gone up. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. Last year you spoke English less fluently than you (do) now. I understood you (be) a painter. Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor Page 3 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR 10. he will drive to Sinaia. they said they (listen to) music since 5 o’clock. 3. We shall start dinner as soon as the guests (arrive). 12. The teacher told the pupils what the capital of Mexico (be). 3. precum si exceptiile: 1.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. 9. Looking out of the window. 4. She didn’t even say thank you after all I (do) for her. she will take a job as a secretary. It was clear they (talk) business again. 16. 6. You will be surprised when you (see) how much she (change). 8. 7. 5. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Present Simple sau Present Perfect Simple: 1. 4. 13. He realized he (not remember) John’s phone number. Page 4 of 5 1. 2. I will go on playing the piano till he (tell) me to stop. 2. He believed the strike (end) very soon. I congratulated him. tinând seama de exceptiile de la concordanta timpurilor: 1. având in vedere faptul ca propozitia secundara exprima o actiune posterioara celei din principala: 1. After I (hear) the news. I will never forget what you just (tell ) me. they were listening to music. When their first baby (be born). Last night I met the couple who soon (move) next door to me. 6. After she (learn) to type. the Romanians travelled less than they (do) this year. 6. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. 6. 7. I will buy a car when I (have) enough money. I will do it when I (want) to. I hoped it (not rain) when I (arrive) at the beach. He hoped he (finish) reading the book in two days. 1. 12/15/04 http://quintet. When we (go) to see them last night. 7. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul Future-in-the-Past. he was tired because he (travel) for three days. 1. He will write to me after he (arrive) in England. When you asked me where I (spend) my holidays.html 12 of 42 . It is said that one Englishman will not speak to another before they (be) introduced. 10. 4. 8. this beach will become very crowded. You will be surprised when you (see) how well she (look). I was sue the performance (be cancelled). 10. 10. When I heard the main actor was ill. He told me hibernating animal (not eat) in winter. 9. Este posibil ca ceea ce apare acum ca tendinta.actrus. 20. 3. I believed you (be) at the seaside. I was not sure I (remain) at home that evening. As soon as the holidays (begin). By the time you (finish) translating the text. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect (Past Tense Simple sau Continuous). sfatuim pe vorbitorii români de limba engleza sa respecte regulile de concordanta a timpurilor asa cum sunt prezentate mai sus. 7. sa ajunga regula. not before. He promised he (drive) me home. you will feel better. she saw the sun (shine) brightly. I wasn’t aware German (be) such a difficult language. 18. I thought you soon (have) a holiday.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR de tipul: „He said he loves me". They said they (remain) at the seaside for another week. Your mother will be upset when she (notice) you (break) the vase. I will lend it to you. 9. Last night I (read) the book which you (read) now. 17. I (not decide) yet. 3. cu timpul. too. You didn’t tell me you (have to) type this report. 8. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect (Past Perfect Simple sau Continuous). având in vedere simultaneitatea actiunilor din propozitia principala si cea secundara: 1. 5.actrus. I will come as soon as I (finish) my work. 2. 2. 8. She told me his name after he (leave). When I (finish) the book. I was not sure if you (speak) English.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2.
Page 1 of 5 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri 9.). He was very tired and he (hope) he (have) time to rest that afternoon. 15. 12. 5. Past Conditional (conditional trecut) Se traduce cu should/would la care se adauga infinitivul trecut (have + forma III a verbului de conjugat). 20.. 10. He said he (have to) write down my address as he (not remember) it otherwise. 12. LECTIA III MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRAZELE CONDITIONALE Present Conditional (conditional prezent) Se formeaza cu should si would la persoana I si would la persoanele II si III.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3.html 13 of 42 12/15/04 . M-a intrebat câte litere sunt in alfabetul chinez si nu am putut sa-I raspund. Afirmativ I should/would go We should/would go You would go You would go He/she/it would go They would not go Negativ I should/would not go We should/would not go You would not go You would not go He/she/it would not go They would not go Forme prescurtate: shouldn’t. After having visited Italy. Masina pe cae o voi cumpara va fi importata din Germania. 7.actrus. Hotul nu si-a dat seama ca politia il urmarea de o saptamâna.actrus. 11.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 6. wouldn’t. 4. I (be) very hungry because I (not eat) anything all day. 16. 14. After we have finished dinner. Tata imi va da un cadou dupa ce voi lua examenul. Nu mi-am amintit ca ne cunoscusem cu un an inainte. my friends told me there (be) many small houses and narrow streets in Padua. Era foarte suparat ca isi pierduse dictionarul si nu era sigur ca va gasi unul nou in librarii. A week ago. He was very upset because I (be) late. 8. he (trust) his son and he (not expect) such a thing to happen. 18. Iti voi spune adevarul dupa ce il voi afla eu insami. he decided he (change) his job. I hoped the company where I (work) (not go) bankrupt. 13. Politistul ma va intreba ce am vazut in timpul accidentul. Afirmativ I should/would have gone You would have gone He/she/it would have gone We should/would have gone You would have gone They would have gone Negativ I should/would not have gone You would not have gone http://quintet.. 10. I-am promis ca ii voi scrie când voi ajunge la Londra. Interogativ Should I go? Should we go? Would you go? Would you go? Would he/she/it go? Would they go? Se traduce cu conditionalul prezent din limba româna (as merge. You will never know how much I (suffer). Nu am stat acasa sa te astept pentru ca nu stiam când vei veni. 3. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. Secretara mi-a spus ca directorul este ocupat. ar merge etc. Stiam ca esti in Bucuresti. we (drink) coffee and brandy. 11. la care se adauga infinitivul prezent al verbului de conjugat. I did not know that you (wear) glasses since childhood.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_2. 2. 19. 9. He discovered to his horror that he (eat) the worms in the cherries. When I finally arrived home.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CONCORDANTA TIMPURILOR Page 5 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. 17. ai merge. 7. I was surprised that his son (fail) the exam.
In caz ca telefoneaza. 7. If you don’t hurry. supposing. If she should ring up. tell her I am out. este posibila omiterea lui if. 3.) I will stay at home if it rains. should se traduce cu: in caz ca.actrus. ar fi mers etc. If I (move) to the country-side. we would be fined. 1. atunci când actiunea din secundara este posibila. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 2: 1. De asemenea. 4. you will have to look after it. you (not pass) the exam.. If the police should find out the truth. If it (go on) raining. (As fi mers la mare daca vremea ar fi fost buna. were. noi am fi amendati. Nota 3: should + infinitiv poate fi folosit la tipul 1. (Voi merge la mare daca vremea va fi buna.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. I would ring him up. 2.). (As merge la mare daca vremea ar fi buna. If I (know) his phone-number. you (be) late. If I see him. – if he were here – were he here – if it had rained – had it rained – if he should come – should he come Exercitii cu fraze conditionale 1. (Voi sta acasa daca va ploua. If I tell you something.) Nota 4: Atunci când if este urmat de un verb auxiliar (ex. Page 3 of 5 He/she/it would not have gone We should/would not have gone You would not have gone They would not have gone Interogativ Should I have gone? Should we have gone? Would you have gone? Would you have gone? Would he/she/it have gone? Would they have gone? Se traduce cu conditionalul trecut din limba româna (as fi mers. I (lend) you the book if you promise to return it in time. in loc de Present Simple. Acest tip de secundara este adesea combinat cu imperativul. Ex..) Tipul 2 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Present Conditional Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Tense I would go to the seaside if the weather were fine. ai fi mers. had. Tipul 3 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Past Conditional Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Perfect I would have gone to the seaside if the weather had been fine. 5. I won’t go shopping if you don’t come with me. (As fi stat acasa daca ar fi plouat.html 14 of 42 12/15/04 . cu exceptia verbului „to be". would you visit me? 3.. supposing he is late? (Ce vom face presupunând ca el intârzie?) ¡ if not poate fi inlocuit cu unless I won’t go shopping unless you come with me. Ex. she (be) very angry..actrus. 10. 2. suppose.) Nota 1: Trebuie sa se tina seama ca subjonctivul folosit in propozitia secundara are forma lui Past Tense Simple la toate verbele. dar improbabila. unde se intâlneste forma „were" la toate persoanele. 8. si in acest caz se inverseaza ordinea subiect – auxiliar. If I like the dress. daca sar intâmpla ca. should poate fi folosit in secundara la tipul 2 de fraza conditionala.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. (As sta acasa daca ar ploua. you (not find) me at home. I (buy) it. I (greet) him. should). Frazele conditionale (If-Clauses) Exista trei tipuri de fraze conditionale: Tipul 1 Propozitia principala Propozitia secundara Future Present I will go to the seaside if the weather is fine. Unless you come at 6. you (promise) to keep it a secret? Unless you study more. What shall we do. 9. If you (take) a dog. You (buy) this house if you had money? http://quintet. Page 2 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 1: 1. providing. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. If she finds out what has happened.) Nota 2: – if poate fi inlocuit de provided (that). in case.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. (In caz ca politia ar afla adevarul/ Daca s-ar intâmpla ca politia sa afle adevarul. Ex. In acest caz. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. we shall have floods. 6.) I would stay at home if it rained.) I would have stayed at home if it had rained. spune-I ca nu sunt acasa.
5. mi-ar fi fost frig. Daca va ploua. 6. If I (not tell) him. he (not make) so many mistakes. he (get) a bar of chocolate. Were I in your place. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. I would go home immediately. Mamaia ar fi un loc ideal pentru o vacanta daca n-ar fi atât de multi oameni acolo. He (tell) you if you had asked him. 6. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. Il vei vedea daca il vei astepta. 2. If I (be) you. Dacaar fi plouat. tinând seama de faptul ca fraza conditionala este de tipul 3: 1. you (read) Shakespeare in the original. I (buy) a car. Had I learned English grammar.html 15 of 42 12/15/04 . If I (know) you had no driving licence. 2. 11. I wouldn’t have come unless you (invite) me. I would have succeeded. Daca n-ai fi inchis fereastra. Puneti verbele din paranteze la timpul corect. 10. you (not get) into trouble. 3. 9.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. Had I been at home. I wouldn’t have come with you in your car. he would have gone home. Where you (go) if you had a holiday? 1. 2. tinând seama ca se poate intâlni oricare dintre cele 3 tipuri de fraze conditionale: 1. 1. Daca cina nu va fi gata la timp. Daca ar ploua. He would have been arrested if he (try) to leave the country. strazile ar fi ude. 9. 5. he (take) a pill. 5. I (not do) this. I (answer) your question if I can.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. 7. If the child is good. I would speak to him. strazile ar fi fost ude. You (be) sick if you eat so much. 10. 10. I (not make) so many mistakes in my translation. 2. Page 4 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/ MODUL CONDITIONAL SI FRA. 7. voi mânca la un restaurant. Page 5 of 5 4. I-ai da? Ce s-ar fi intâmplat daca ai fi condus cu viteza mare? Nu vom merge la plimbare daca nu va sta ploaia. If he (realize) it was so late. 1. I (answer) it. I would be nervous. If he were more careful.. If I (see) him. 10. 8. Should he have a headache. Vei prinde trenul daca vei lua un taxi. Te vei supara daca iti voi lua creionul? Te-ai supara daca ti-as lua creionul? Te-ai fi suparat daca ti-as fi luat creionul? Ce vei face daca il vei intâlni pe John? Ce-ai face daca l-ai intâlni pe John? Ce-ai fi facut daca l-ai fi intâlnit pe John? http://quintet. 4. I (answer) the phone. 4. As mai croseta un pulover daca as mai avea lâna.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_3. 5. 5. He will be at the airport in time if he (leave) now. 7. If you had taken my advice. 6. 3. he would never have known. 10.actrus. 7. 4. If I (work) harder. 8. If you had known English. 6. Voi fi dezamagit daca nu voi afla adevarul. 9. 9. Ai prinde trenul daca ai lua un taxi. 8. 3. strazile vor fi ude. Daca un cersetor ti-ar cere bani. What would you do if you (be) Prime Minister? If I (give up) smoking. If he had written a letter to me. If you (drive) more carefully. It (be) better if you had waited. Ai fi prins trenul daca ai fi luat un taxi. 9.actrus. 1. 12. If I won the lottery. 6..html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 7. 8... you wouldn’t have an accident. 4. 8. Mi-ar placea mai mult piesa daca ar fi mai scurta. 3.
Verbele modale would.. Frazele conditionale sunt trecute la vorbirea indirecta in modul urmator: ¡ LECTIA IV VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRECTA Vorbirea directa: John said: „She is not at home" Vorbirea indirecta: John said she was not at home. He said: „She gave me a book". in propozitia secundara se schimba timpurile dupa cum urmeaza: Present past Present perfect past perfect Past past perfect Future future-in-the-past tipul 1 devine tipul 2: "If it rains. 3. ¡ ¡ ¡ He said „I have been working hard. He said he had been ill. I would have stayed at home. could. 1. Page 1 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. 2. Se schimba pronumele. Ex.. Ex. ¡ tipurile 2 si 3 nu se schimba: "If it rained. Se schimba o serie de cuvinte in functie de sens. He said: „I might be late" He said he might be late.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. trebuie respectate o serie de reguli. à He said he would be at home on that day. Modalitati de introducere a propozitiilor secundare in vorbirea indirecta 1." 1.actrus.html 16 of 42 12/15/04 . in functie de sens. I would stay at home. ought to. He said she had given him a book. He said he was ill. He said „I will do the exercise". He said: „I’ll be at home today". à He said he was going to do that translation the next day." Ex. He said: „I am going to do this traslation tomorrow".CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. Page 2 of 5 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri the day before yesterday two days before tomorrow the next day/the following day the day after tomorrow in two days’ time next week the next/the following week two years ago two years before now then this that these those here there Ex. Atunci când verbul din propozitia principala este la trecut. He said he had been working hard. I will stay at home.actrus. He said he would do the exercise. should. ceea ce se intâmpla in majoritatea cazurilor.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. "If it had rained. 1. He said if it rained he would stay at home. He said „I was ill". He said if itrained he would stay at home.." He said if it had rained he would have stayed at home. might ramân neschimbate la vorbirea indirecta. Afirmatii: cu that (care se poate omite) Ex. today that day yesterday the day before/the previous day http://quintet. Pentru a trece o propozitie de la vorbirea directa la vorbirea indirecta.. – He said „I am ill".html 12/15/04 http://quintet.
How long have you been learning English? What are you going to do tomorrow? How long does it take you to reach your office? When will you be back? Ex.. 1. ceea ce este o greseala. please! Read the text. 4. 10. Last year I spent my holiday at the seaside. please! Write me a letter when you get to England! Don’t cross the street on a red light! Be careful with my books! Don’t smoke so much! Take this pill! Don’t interrupt me when I am speaking! Ring me up when you arrive home! 3. I saw this film a week ago.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. 1. 10.actrus. He said (that) he would leave for London the next day. Comenzi: cu infinitivul (afirmativ sau negativ) Ex.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. Page 4 of 5 trecut) Model: He said: „Come in!" He told (asked.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 10. 9. I would have answered the phone. He asked me: „What is the time?" Corect: He asked me what the time was. Intrebari Exista doua tipuri de intrebari: generale si speciale. Incorect: He asked me what was the time. Will you help me. The weather was fine yesterday. 2. Page 3 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. 9. Ex. Treceti urmatoarele comenzi la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la http://quintet. Ex. 1.actrus. If I have enough money.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. 6. 8. please? Can you come to tea this afternoon? Has the train left? Do you know what this word means? Was your mother at home? Did you buy this book yesterday? Did you drink coffee every day? Were you at the library yesterday? Do you live in London for a long time? Can you speak English? Would you like a cake? Could you lend me a book. He asked me if I liked music. In cazul intrebarilor speciale trecute la vorbirea indirecta. 4. 6. 2. on holiday. If I had been at home. 2. 2. 8. I think it’s going to rain tomorrow. He said „Don’t go out" à He told me not to go out. Treceti urmatoarele intrebari generale la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: „Will you be at home tomorrow?" He asked me if I would be at home the next day. Ex. 5. 8.. 3. He asked me where I had been. Don’t drive so fast! Open the door. 7. please? 4. à He said (that) he was ill. 9. 11. 5. I am very busy today. trebuie acordata atentie ordinei cuvintelor din propozitia secundara. 4. 3. I will buy a car next year. Treceti urmatoarele afirmatii de la vorbirea directa la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: He said „I will leave for London tomorrow". Intrebarile generale se introduc cu if sau whether (daca).html 17 of 42 12/15/04 . 1. 11. 2. I am going to have a nap this afternoon. Intrebarile speciale se introduc cu cuvântul interogativ respectiv. He said „Go out". Intrebarile generale sunt cele care incep cu un verb. Where have you been? I’ve been away. ordered) me to come in. iar raspunsul poate fi da sau nu. 7. 4. Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si vorbirea indirecta 1. 3. I don’t remember where I have bought this dictionary. Intrucât aceasta propozitie incepe cu un cuvânt interogativ. He said: „I am ill". 5. Treceti urmatoarele intrebari speciale la vorbirea indirecta (verbul introductiv este la trecut): Model: He said: „When did you come back?" He asked me when I had come back. I will go shopping right now.. 12. Ex. à He told me to go out. 2. John left for Sinaia two days ago. 3. 3. 6.. 7. I went to England two years ago. exista tentatia de a folosi ordinea cuvintelor din propozitiile interogative. 12.
In limba engleza. Someone has found the missing child.html 18 of 42 . my flat is being painted.. punctuality este un complement prepozitional. I am asked. Ex.. Pasiv: The child was looked after (by her). In aceste situatii. 8. Ex. While I am in hospital. 10. In limba româna. I have been asked. complementul prepozitional. 5.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VORBIREA DIRECTA SI INDIRE. Activ: She looked after the child. (by me) Complement indirect à Subiect He was given a book. 3. 6. 7. care. I was asked.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_4. Pasiv: Eu am fost chemat de director. 12/15/04 http://quintet. Ex. Desigur. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva: 1. In this office punctuality is insisted on. se omite formularea by. pasivul se foloseste atunci când nu este important cine face actiunea. Nota: Se poate folosit aspectul continuu al diatezei pasive numai la Present Tense si Past Tense. 2. Page 5 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 5. I had been asked.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. Activ: I gave him a book. subiectul va fi trecut la cazul nominativ. 4. In multe cazuri. Activ: Directorul m-a chemat pe mine. I will be asked. exista trei tipuri de complemente care pot deveni subiect in transformarea de la activ la pasiv: complementul direct. Where will you spend your weekend? Who is this man? Why is it so dark in this room? When did the rain stop? Which of these cakes do you prefer? How did you travel? Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 3 LECTIA V Pasivul se formeaza conjugând verbul to be la timpul cerut de sens. Ex.actrus. I will invite my friend to a party. Complement direct à Subiect A book was given to him. de asemenea. 9. poate deveni subiect in cazul folosirii diatezei pasive: In this office punctuality is insisted on (by them). my flat was being painted. (by me) In propozitia: In this office they insist on punctuality. de la sfârsitul propozitiei. A specialist will repair my TV set. Ex. trecerea de la diateza activa la diateza pasiva se face prin transformarea complementului direct in subiect. He has found your bag. in unele cazuri. iar complementul indirect este him. Unde complementul direct este a book. la care se adauga forma III (participiul trecut) a verbului de conjugat. Un alt exemplu de complement prepozitional care poate deveni subiect.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. complementul indirect si. Ambele complemente pot deveni subiecte in cazul trecerii la pasiv. While I was in hospital. Exercitii cu diateza pasiva 1.actrus. They will finish the work today.
6. Acest timbru nu a fost bine lipit pe plic. 6. Muzeul a fost inchis pentru reparatii. 9. 9. The guide showed the museum to the tourists. A reception was held in his honour. The jury awarded the Romanian film director the Great Prize. This house has been built out of stone and cement. 12. Aceasta informatie treuie tratata confidential. 4. 7. 5. They set fire to the shed. They will give me a reward.html 12/15/04 http://quintet.actrus.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. 10. They are building a new house round the corner. 3. Scrisoarea va fi pusa la posta cât mai curând posibil. 3. 15. 3. 5. He hates being made fun of. 2. English is spoken all over the world. 9.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 6. when I passed by. Ni s-a cerut sa aratam pasapoartele. 4. We laughed at John. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii de la diateza pasiva la diateza activa. 2. transformând atât complementul direct cât si cel indirect in subiecte: 1. Traduceti in limba engleza: 1. 8. These books mustn’t be taken away.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_5. 3. 8. 3. They have given me a nice present. We objected to his proposal. Treceti la pasiv urmatoarele propozitii care cuprind combinatii verb+prepozitie: 1. 8. The doctor prescribed some pills to the patient. 11. 7. He hasn’t slept in his bed. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva: 1. http://quintet. We couldn’t account for his odd behaviour. 5. 8. 10. 9. They didn’t look after the children properly. 6. I teach them English. We called for the doctor. 4. Burglars broke into the house. Page 2 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/DIATEZA PASIVA 3.html 19 of 42 12/15/04 . The policeman will show us the way. Sensurile cuvintelor noi trebuie cautate in dictionar. The pupils will be told where to sit. I was recommended a very good doctor. The teacher asked me a difficult question. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la diateza pasiva in doua feluri. Don’t speak until someone speaks to you. 2. 4. Cursul profesorului a fost ascultat de toti studentii. The climber was finally discovered by the rescue party. 6. Gasiti subiecte acolo unde este necesar: 1. 7. Page 3 of 3 His coworkers must do something for him. Nu s-a auzit nimic despre el de când a plecat la Constanta. 10. Când a ajuns acasa si-a dat seama ca I se furase portofelul. This painting is admired by all the visitors of the museum. 6. 9. 10. 2. In acest hotel se vorbesc limbi straine. 9. 13. 8. Se construiesc multe blocuri noi in cartierul nostru. 7. 2. 5. Evenimentul a fost comentat de toate ziarele. America a fost descoperita la sfârsitul secolului al XV-lea. 10. Ni s-au spus lucruri foarte interesante la conferinta. People play football all over the world.actrus. 8. I have lent John two of my books. 14. 4. 5. 6. 7. 4. They were building a new supermarket in that district last month. My friend doesn’t always tell me the truth. 2. The noise frightened me. Ni se vor da instructiuni detaliate in privinta referatului. 7. Has someone repaired the TV set? Will you write the letter in ink? Haven’t they told you to be here at 6 o’clock? Did the tornado frighten you? Will someone tell him the details? Have you fed the dog? Did the sight of the accident shock him? Did they tell you about the meeting? Do you think they will turn down your request? Would you have finished your work sooner if your colleagues hadn’t interrupted you? 5. This book will soon be forgotten.
Page 2 of 10 LECTIA VI VERBELE MODALE Can. a avea permisiunea Ex.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Nu se poate sa fie ora 9. Ex. Take your umbrella. Ex.) Cu acest sens. He cannot (can’t) speak English. He may/might be at home now. I can do this. Pentru celelalte timpuri se folosesc inlocuitorii: to be allowed to.) Spre deosebire de: I want to do this. Se traduce cu a sti sa. May/Might – s-ar putea sa Ex. se foloseste infinitivul trecut. El e in strainatate. N-am putut sa vin la tine ieri. (Vreau sa fac aceasta.) Negativ: may not. (Stiu sa vorbesc engleza. 2. May 1.) l 3. mayn’t Interogativ: May I? May you? May = infinitiv. Ex. can poate fi folosit cu sensul lui may de „a avea permisiunea". a fi in stare Ex. Ex. He could have been here in time. I will be able to come to you tomorrow. In vorbirea familiara. Ring up John. I haven’t been able to ring you up this week.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Voi putea veni la tine mâine. I will be allowed/permitted to smoke in that room. Am putut/mi s-a permis sa fumez in camera aceea. would. I was allowed/permitted to smoke in that room. prezent Negativ: cannot. Can’t/couldn’t – nu se poate sa. nu e posibil sa. Ex. poti. should. shall. Can = infinitiv. Nu se poate sa-l fi vazut pe John pe strada. Pentru celelalte timpuri se foloseste inlocuitorul to be able to. Ex. Ex. Voi sti sa conduc masina dupa ce voi lua câteva lectii. N-am putut sa-ti telefonez saptamâna aceasta. l Nu au toate timpurile. I can make this traslation. pot/am permisiunea sa iau masina ta? 4.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. s-ar putea sa ploua. must. 2. Arata o anumita abilitate fizica sau intelectuala. Could you help me? Ai putea sa ma ajuti? Pentru conditionalul trecut se foloseste could + infinitivul trecut Ex. May I smoke in this room? Pot/am permisiunea sa fumez in aceasta camera? Yes. Ex.html 20 of 42 12/15/04 . I couldn’t come to you yesterday. Ex. It may/might rain. Ia-ti umbrela. timpurile se folosesc ca la punctul 1 (could pentru Past Tense si conditionalul prezent. Nu primesc s la persoana III singular. are sensul de a putea. Telefoneaza-I lui John. ought to. conditional prezent al verbului can Negativ: could not (couldn’t) Interogativ: Could I ? Could you? etc.actrus. (Stiu sa inot. Ar fi putut sa fie aici in timp. Can 1. It can’t/couldn’t be 9 o’clock. are sensul de a putea. The sun hasn’t set yet. Ex. I cannot (can’t) make this translation.). He can speak English. dar se foloseste numai dupa un alt verb la trecut (vorbire indirecta). Se folosesc inlocuitori. He said I might smoke in that room. l Nu formeaza negativul si interogativul cu „to do". can I take your car? Tata. might. He is abroad.) I can speak English. Can you make this translation? Could=Past Tense. Father. Ex. need. may.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. to be permitted to. will. you may. (Da. Interogativ: Can I? Can you? etc. (Pot sa fac aceasta. I will tbe able to drive a car after I have taken a few lessons. S-ar putea sa fie acasa acum. Can is a model verb. Voi putea/mi se va permite sa fumez in camera aceea. prezent. Ex. http://quintet. Caracteristici generale l Nu primesc to inaintea lor si dupa ele: Ex. inlocuitorul to be able to pentru celelalte timpuri. can’t Ex.actrus. You can’t/couldn’t have seen John in the street. Soarele nu a apus inca. I can swim. could. Pentru a reda ideea de trecut cu acest sens. prezent Cu acest sens exista timpul might care reda ideea de trecut.
May/might pot exprima un repros. mustn’t Interogativ: Must I? Must you? Must = infinitiv.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. Need I be here at one o’clock? Yes. Need not se traduce cu „nu e nevoie". You needn’t drive so fast. 3. I had to finish the traslation yesterday. Probabil ca John e acasa acum. The teacher told us it was too easy for us.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Cu acest sens. se adauga infinitivul trecut. Ex. Ex. you needn’t. Trebuie sa plec acasa. Ex. Need I be here at one o’clock? E nevoie sa fiu aici la ora 1? No. trebuie!) Pentru exprimarea ideii de trecut a verbului need. Which dress shall I buy? Ce rochie sa cumpar? Shall I wait for you? Sa te astept? To need: verb obisnuit. ideea de trecut este redata prin adaugarea infinitivului trecut. S-a facut târziu. cu sensul de a fi nevoie http://quintet. Should. Ex. Ai putea sa ma ajuti când sunt la nevoie. se adauga infinitivul trecut. Nu. Shall Folosit cu persoana I. You mustn’t drive so fast. Nu e nevoie sa conduci atât de repede. Couldn’t you see it was going to rain? Nu era nevoie sa uzi florile. You may/might help me when I am in need. shall indica viitorul. You might have written me a letter when you were in England. He doesn’t need this book. poate indica. poate avea sensul probabil ca: Ex. o oferta sau o sugestie. interogativ. It’s got late. Why didn’t you take your coat? You may/might have caught a cold. Must not se traduce cu „nu trebuie". 1. nu e nevoie. notional.actrus. you must! (Da.html 21 of 42 12/15/04 . avem destul timp. Need Exista doua verbe: l Ex. se foloseste verbul must.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. A trebuit sa termin traducerea ieri. El nu are nevoie de aceasta carte. You needn’t have watered the flowers. Hai sa mergem acasa. Nota: Nu trebuie confundat need not cu must not. l Need: verb modal. Negativ: must not. Ex. Ex. to have to formeaza interogativul si negativul cu ajutorul auxiliarului to do. De ce nu ti-ai luat haina? S-ar fi putut sa racesti. Hai sa-l vizitam. Ex. It must have been late. cu sensul de a avea nevoie Ex. Must Page 3 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Ca verb modal. Va trebui sa termin traducerea mâine. Ex. Let’s call on him.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. I didn’t have to finish the translation yesterday. need se foloseste numai la interogativ si negativ. Se foloseste inlocuitorul to have to. Ex. o obligatie morala. Nu ar fi trebuit sa fii atât de nepoliticos cu el. You should not/ought not to have been so rude to him. ideea de trecut se reda prin adaugarea infinitivului trecut. Let’s go home. Profesorul ne-a spus ca e prea usor pentru noi. dar a fost facuta. Ar trebui sa o ajuti pe mama ta la treburile casei. Pentru redarea ideii de trecut. solicitarea unui sfat. 2. John must be at home now. there is a speed limit here. Pentru a raspunde afirmativ la intrebarea de mai sus. Ex. we have enough time. We didn’t need to do this exercise. ar fi bine sa. se foloseste needn’t + infinitivul trecut. Ought to Ambele verbe indica o actiune corecta. o recomandare. se foloseste didn’t need + infinitivul Ex. Folosit cu persoana I. aici e limita de viteza. Cu acest sens. ar fi cazul sa. I must go home. Nu trebuie sa conduci atât de repede. I will have to finish the translation tomorrow. Pentru a reda ideea de trecut. Nu a fost nevoie sa facem acest exercitiu. It must be late. De asemenea. Ex. Probabil ca e târziu. You should/ought to help your mother with housework. A trebui Ex. N-ai vazut ca urma sa ploua? l Daca actiunea nu era necesara si nu a fost facuta. Ex. I was asleep when you arrived home last night. Se traduc cu: ar trebui sa.actrus. prezent Nu are alte timpuri. Probabil ca era târziu. de asemenea. Trebuie mentionat faptul ca inlocuitorul lui must. Ai fi putut sa imi scrii o scrisoare când erai in Anglia. Eu dormeam când ai venit tu aseara. exista 2 posibilitati: l Page 4 of 10 Daca actiunea nu era necesara.
17. Aceasta fata seamana foarte bine cu Jane. You might change your mind about that. 18. I must learn English. my mother used to read me fairy tales. shall poate arata o promisiune. May I walk on the grass? He may not come in wearing dirty boots. in timp ce la interogativ si negativ se poate conjuga atât ca un verb obisnuit cât si http://quintet. He must be delayed at the office. 8. 20. 9. 11. John could be a winner.actrus. O fi ajuns la Paris pâna acum. 4. 5. 13. You can’t be pleased with this piece of news. Mama mea obisnuieste sa stea ore intregi privind la televizor. I must go soon. I cannot translate ten pages a day. 19. 2. You might write to me more often. You can’t see a bear in this part of the country.actrus. Page 6 of 10 Shall we meet at one o’clock? Sa ne intâlnim la ora 1? Folosit cu persoanele II si III. 1.in perioada prezenta My mother will sit for hours watching TV. Would l Formula de politete. You may not speak to your mother like that. please? l A voi (cu sens extins la obiecte): This child will/would not do what I say. This child may have another cake. 7. I must look up the words in the dictionary. Treceti urmatoarele propozitii la Past Tense Simple si Future Tense Simple. 8. Se poate folosi cu infinitivul trecut: He will have reached Paris by now. He should go to school everyday.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE Page 5 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE ca modal. cerere politicoasa: Will you/would you sit down? Will you/would you help me with my translation. This radio won’t work. acolo unde este necesar: 1. 4. Mother to child: You shall not get any pocket-money if you don’t pass the exam. o obligatie sau o amenintare care provin de la cel care vorbeste. You shouldn’t go to bed so late. 6. 3. care are numai forma de trecut. 14. 15. ideea de actiune repetata in trecut se poate exprima cu „used to". 2. 10. 19. 9. O fi sora ei. 20. He can swim very well. Mama spune copilului: Nu vei mai primi nici un ban de buzunar daca nu vei lua examenul. You might pay more attention to your work.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. 7. This girl looks very much like Jane. It can’t be too late. 12/15/04 l Presupunere: se traduce in limba româna cu o fi. Acest copil nu vrea sa faca ce-I spun. Must you be so rude? She can read and write at the age of five. Can you help me? You mustn’t do this . She can play the piano very well. It can’t be easy to learn Chinese. Nota: In afara de „would". Mother to child: You shall have a bicycle if you pass the exam. He ought to tell me the truth.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. mama obisnuia sa-mi citeasca povesti. Ex. 12. Exercitii cu verbe modale 1. 11. It must be difficult to climb this mountain. Will. l Actiune repetata: . there is plenty in the fridge. He needn’t buy milk. 5. Mama spune copilului: Vei avea o bicicleta daca vei lua examenul. John must be ill. ¡ in trecut When I was a child. She will be her sister. When I was a child. He must be in the garden at this time of the day. He may be at home. You needn’t do this. 16.html 22 of 42 . You may leave earlier. 15. Ex.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 13. You may not smoke in this room. 18. It might rain. folosind inlocuitorii verbelor modale respective. 17. Un alt verb semi-modal este dare (a indrazni) care se conjuga la afirmativ ca un verb obisnuit. You should visit your sick friend in hospital. She can lend you that book. 3. 16. 10. Used to eate un verb semi-modal. 12. Can Jane type very quickly? Can you speak Chinese? Everybody may borrow books from this library. 14. my mother would read me fairy tales. 6. Redati ideea de trecut in urmatoarele propozitii folosind infinitivul trecut in loc de infinitivul prezent: 1. Când eram copil.
5. 6. 2.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 1. 10. but I doubt it. I don’t believe that he has passed the exam. Don’t wait. People … speak during the concert. 2. I don’t believe it was his fault. 5. The visitors … feed the animals in the Zoo. 7. 6. You …not eat so many sweets if you don’t want to get fat. 2. perhaps it will rain. You probably knew the lesson very well to get a 10. 8.html 23 of 42 12/15/04 . 9. Perhaps she was out when you rang her up. You … take sleeping pills too often. A good knowledge of English is likely to help you a lot in your career. please? He always made mistakes because he …never take any advice. One …buy a ticket for a slow train in advance. The sky is clear. 4. 6. You must have forgotten to lock the door. I don’t think he is at the office so late at night. I think she was angry with you. I have bought his latest book. You can’t have been right. 8. 2. perhaps it is a good one. 10. 1. This is probably the best Romanian film of the year. 7. 10. Page 8 of 10 1. It is possible for her to be very late. When I was a teenager.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. You …make a noise or the baby will wake up. You…water the flowers. He probably thinks I am wrong. 3. I …hurry up in order not to miss the train. 1. Perhaps she has returned the book to you and you have lent it to someone else. But one still …breathe without extra oxygen and one certainly …stay there very long. 4. 6. I … return the books before the 1 st of September. 9. 1. I don’t believe she has married that awful man. Completati spatiile goale cu can sau can’t: Page 7 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE trecut: Model: I don’t believe you are right. 10. He probably came home very early.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. I don’t believe she has got so fat. I don’t think you will miss the train if you hurry. 5. … you help me solve this problem? When I was young. they are addictive. 3. 6. You …not go to bed so late at night. 4. I …read one book a day. Man …travel through space now. 9. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind may + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul trecut: Model: Perhaps it snows in the mountains. 5. It is possible that I come home early. 7. 2. I don’t believe it is his fault. 2. It probably took a long time to finish this translation. 4. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind must + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul trecut: Model: He probably speaks English well. It is possible that he was right but I don’t think so. I’ll give you as much as you want. He … even drive on its surface. 9. 9. It may/might snow in the mountains. He …read for hours on end. 1. He was probably late. He …reach the Moon and walk there. 2. 3. …you tell me the truth. You probably left your umbrella in the shop. She is probably a very good doctor. He is probably older than he looks. You can’t be right. 8. 4. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind can’t + infinitivul prezent sau infinitivul http://quintet. I don’t think the weather will change. 3. holidays will be very different. 5. 1. 8. You have probably forgotten his address. 9. 10. for once? 6. I don’t think this is a true story. Perhaps it snowed in the mountains It may/might have snowed in the mountains. 4. I …wear my hair long. it will soon start raining. When we … fly there as easily as we fly to other countries of the world.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. 1. 3. Perhaps he has done the exercise correctly. Completati spatiile goale cu mustn’t sau needn’t : 1. 5. One … travel by bus without paying the fare. He must speak English well. 8. My child …play with the cat for hours on end. Completati spatiile goale cu should sau would: 1. Completati spatiile goale cu shall sau will: 1. You …not expect everybody to obey you. …you be so kind and pass me the salt.actrus. You … worry about money.actrus. Take your umbrella. 5. I don’t believe she has learnt English in two months. 7. You … take an umbrella. I don’t believe you were right. 3. You probably forgot to lock the door. 7.
The child … (leave) home. Ar fi trebuit sa insisti. I didn’t hear the phone. http://quintet. John …(do) such a thing. 18. He has one of his own. Nu a fost nevoie sa spun „multumesc" când am aflat ora exacta formând 958 intrucât stiam ca informatia e inregistrata pe banda. he was back soon. It …(rain) here.Completati spatiile goale cu didn’t need to sau needn’t have + forma III a verbului: I …(answer) the questions. 2." 1. Nu a fost nevoie sa-I telefonez lui Jane ca sa vorbesc cu ea pentru ca urma sa vina la mine peste o jumatate de ora. I locked the door and took the key with me. If you win the contest. You …do this whether you like it or not. folosind verbe modale sau inlocuitori ai acestora: 1. he is a very poor swimmer. 6." "Yes. putem lua autobuzul sau telefericul. 12. Sunt sigur ca voi putea gasi timp sa te ajut. 4. We …(wait) too long. 9. 6. 8.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 3. 15. … you correct my exercise.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 4. Nu se poate sa fi fost acasa aseara. 5. he is a nice boy. He …(swim) across the Danube. can’t sau needn’t + infinitivul trecut: 1. 6. Nu e nevoie sa-ti cari singura bagajul in gara. please? This letter is full of mistakes. va rog. 10. 3. 23. 22. Nu se poate sa fi gasit usa deschisa. o incuiasem chiar eu. You …(see) Anna yesterday. Traduceti in limba engleza. E nevoie sa urcam la cabana pe jos? Nu. I …(see) him for that. You …(wait) for me. which would have saved me a lot of work. I …(leave) it on the bus. Va trebui sa ma ajuti mai mult astazi. he will never read them all. I haven’t got my bag with me. 26. 11. 24. you…get a nice present. 4. 10. Trebuie sa-mi schimb pantofii când intru in casa pentru ca sunt plini de noroi. Completati spatiile goale cu must. 4. 10. Nu stiu sa crosetez. I am sorry you wasted your time." "His family consider he should. 5. 20. 1. 19. Toti studentii pot si trebuie sa scrie aceasta lucrare. Nu se poate ca profesorul sa fi fost multumit de acest raspuns. She is away. 3. 5.actrus. Page 9 of 10 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/VERBELE MODALE 7. Ai putea sa-mi telefonezi mai des când stii ca sunt bolnav. 9. sa astepti câteva minute? Nu aveti voie sa vorbiti in timpul examenului. 7. Nu era nevoie sa-mi faci cafea. It’ll get stale. 6.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. Unde mergem acum? Mâine va trebui sa pun scrisoarea la posta. He …(be) at home. Am cerut sa vorbesc cu directorul. dar el nu a vrut sa vina la telefon. Probabil ca eram inca la facultate. 28. This …be John’s house. Vreti. 5. Ar fi trebuit sa citesc bibliografia pentru acest seminar. te-ar putea ajuta un hamal. which was very convenient. Incercati sa gasiti un sens urmatorului dialog: "Do you think he will?" "I think he might. 21. 11. The light was on in his room. I …(answer) the questions.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_6. Ar trebui ca toti copiii sa faca treburi in casa. 16. I …(buy) a new map of London as I already had one. You …(buy) so much bread.actrus. You…(lend) him your text – book. I wrote him a letter. 9. This door … not unlock. 8. She …write an article for this magazine every week. 30. 10. you …re-type it. 8. 25. I …(get up) so early today. the road is dry. The student …(write) such a long composition. Toata lumea sa fie prezenta la sedinta. I …(be) in the garden. 27. Ti-am telefonat si nu a raspuns nimeni. I promise you not …be disturbed. 9. 14. 7. Page 10 of 10 10. but he himself believes he needn’t. 8. 12. 17. but I forgot it was Sunday. 7. Profesorul mi-a spus ca pot sa lipsesc de la ora urmatoare. because the teacher won’t have time to read it all. It …(take) you a long time to knit this dress. am baut deja doua astazi. 2. 3. 2.html 24 of 42 12/15/04 . Stiam sa cânt la pian când eram copil. You …(lend) him so many books. Go to sleep. Va trebui sa plec curând. 29. De ce ai vorbit atât de tare? Iti promit ca vei avea cartea mâine. 13.
You speak English as if you had lived in England.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. would + infinitiv. Mi-as dori sa inceteze ploaia. Come what may. Everybody leave the hall.. Poate fi intâlnit in poezia clasica. exista echivalenti de subjonctiv care constau in verbele should. De asemenea. Poate fi folosit ca o modalitate de a da ordine. to urge. to recommend. se foloseste subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense. bine ar fi sa) l Daca dorinta se refera la momentul prezent. de Past Tense si de Past Perfect. It is high time you began to study seriously.actrus. l Daca dorinta se refera la un moment viitor. Cineva sa-mi aduca un pahar cu apa. a. Vorbesti engleza ca si cum ai fi trait in Anglia. o dorinta sau un blestem. Ex. Este de dorit ca noi sa terminam intâi traducerea. to order Ex.. Apare in propozitii exclamative. I wish (mi-as dori. I would sooner/rather (as prefera sa…) 12/15/04 http://quintet. Ex. in engleza contemporana. ca echivalent de subjonctiv. Subjonctiv cu forma de Past Tense sau Past Perfect: LECTIA VII MODUL SUBJONCTIV Apare dupa urmatoarele expresii: In engleza contemporana. Toata lumea sa paraseasca sala. Era de mult timpul sa incepi sa studiezi serios. a. Ex. Ex. exprimând o lozinca.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. Subjonctiv cu forma de infinitiv a. Doctorul a insistat ca eu sa stau acasa. It is desirable that we finish the translation first. 1.) Ex. (Era de mult timpul. It is time the child went to bed. God forgive you! Fie ca Domnul sa te ierte! Curse this fog! Blestemata fie aceasta ceata! b. E necesar ca tu sa fii prezent. Shakespeare: „If this be error"… If this is error Byron: „Though the hart be still as loving" …the heart is c. (E timpul. l Daca dorinta se refera la un moment anterior. It is necessary that you be present. 1. it is likely that. Am recomandat ca propunerea lui sa fie acceptata. might. Ex. El apare cu forme de infinitiv. Este imposibil ca el sa faca aceasta. may. Mi-as dori sa ma fi nascut in Anglia. You speak English as if you were an Englishman. Page 2 of 8 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri The doctor insisted that I keep indoors. to suggest. to demand. in situatii in care. ar fi inlocuit cu prezentul.html 25 of 42 . Somebody bring me a glass of water. e) Dupa verbe ca: to propose. Dupa constructii de tipul: it is impossible that. I wish I were in England now. Mi-as dori sa fiu in Anglia acum. Ex. I wish it would stop raining. se foloseste would. Page 1 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. It is impossible that he do this. it is desirable that. d)It is time. Ex. Nota: Verbul to be la subjonctivul du forma de Past Tense. subjonctivul nu are formele lui proprii. Long live the king! Traiasca regele. o urare. Fie ce-o fi. If only I lived to be a hundred! Bine ar fi sa traiesc pâna la o suta de ani! c) As if/though (ca si cum. d.. se foloseste subjonctivul cu forma de Past Perfect. b) If only – are aproximativ acelasi sens cu I wish Ex.actrus. it is necessary that. to insist. apare ca were la toate persoanele.) It is high time. E timpul sa mearga copilul la culcare..ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. de parca) even if/even though (chiar daca) Ex. Vorbesti engleza de parca ai fi englez. I recommended that his proposal be accepted. I wish I had been born in England.
whatever sau dupa formulele echivalente no matter who.actrus. I would sooner stay at home tonight. iar in aceste cazuri.html 26 of 42 12/15/04 . may poate aparea in lozinci si urari: Ex. why. fie in vorbirea indirecta. l Dupa so that. to recommend. Este posibil ca el sa ajunga aici la timp. Wherever I may/might be. verbele respective aduc in propozitie si sensul lor initial. fie in vorbirea direca. Acest tip de constructii se traduc la fel (vezi 1-d). Nota: In engleza contemporana exista tendinta de a se omite should dupa lest si de a se folosi subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. Am invatat serios ca sa trec examenul. Hurry up lest you miss the train. l Dupa to hope. a. Dupa cum reiese din exemplele de mai sus. I studied hard so that/in order that I might pass the exam. echivalentii de subjonctiv sunt la origine verbe modale. Sper ca el sa treaca examenul. I will ring you up. Page 4 of 8 Ex.when. fie ca se foloseste should ca echivalent de subjonctiv. l Ex. Nu vad de ce sa fii atât de nepoliticos cu el. Whoever you may/might be. The doctor insisted that I should stay indoors. It is desirable that we should finish the translation first.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. In exemplul de mai sus. No matter who you may/might be. Oricine ai fi.. daca verbul din propozitia principala este la timpul prezent. may. in secundara se foloseste might. I recommend that his proposal should be accepted. to suggest. l Dupa it is possible. It is possible that he may be here in time. I would sooner you stayed at home tonight. se poate folosi fie subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense. It is impossible that he should do this. to be afraid Ex. May success attend you! Fie ca succesul sa fie cu tine! May you live long and be happy! Fie sa traiesti mult si sa fii fericit. fie ca se foloseste in limba engleza subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. Nota: Dupa cum se poate observa. might Ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. iti voi telefona. Ex. It was possible that he might be here in time. Ex. It is impossible that he should have done this.actrus. l Ex. Exista o situatie in care nu se poate folosi subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv. Mi-e teama ca nu cumva sa piarda examenul. Este imposibil ca el sa fi facut aceasta. As prefera sa stai acasa in seara asta. Page 3 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. I hope that he may pass the exam. however. Echivalenti de subjonctiv a. you have no right to do this. Mi-era teama sa nu cada la examen. whichever. l De unde sa stiu unde este el acum? I don’t see why you should be so rude to him. to demand. 1. Ex. It is necessary that you should be present. I am afraid lest he should fail the exam. in order that De asemenea. Ex. it was possible Ex. Hurry up lest you should miss the train. should – ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv (1-d) se poate folosi dupa constructii de tipul: It is impossible that. Intrebari introduse prin how. fie cel cu forma de infinitiv. Ex. should poate aparea dupa verbe ca: to propose. etc. Invata serios ca sa treci examenul. Ex. In cazul in care persoana care isi exprima preferinta este aceeasi cu cea care face actiunea. Study hard so that/in order that you may pass the exam.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Era posibil ca el sa fi ajuns aici la timp. I would sooner I stayed at home tonight. iar daca verbul din propozitia principala este la timpul trecut. Dupa cum se observa.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7.. in secundara se foloseste may. you have no right to do this. Dupa conjunctia lest (ca nu cumva sa) Ex. Este vorba de cazul când propozitia secundara exprima o actiune anterioara celei din principala. la fel ca si subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv (vezi 1-e). whenever.ci este necesara introducerea lui should. persoana care isi exprima preferinta este diferita de cea care face actiunea.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. Oriunde as fi. in aceasta situatie should este urmat de infinitivul trecut. How should I know where he is now? http://quintet. nu ai dreptul sa faci asta. wherever.. to urge. it is necessary that.. where. to insist. I was afraid that he might fail the exam. Grabeste-te ca nu cumva sa pierzi trenul. no matter when. Exisa situatii când se pot folosi si alte verbe modale decât cele expuse in acest capitol ca echivalenti de subjonctiv. l Dupa whoever.
2. 17. I am sorry they will not sign the contract. I am sorry I had no money to buy that painting. 12/15/04 1. 5.. I am sorry books are so expensive. I wish the weather were fine. 6. 10. Mi-as dori sa pot vorbi engleza/sa fiu in stare sa vorbesc engleza. 7. It’s time I (get) a promotion! 1. I regret I won’t spend my holiday in England. 11. Mi-as dori sa pot/sa am permisiunea de a imprumuta masina ta. 8. Page 5 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri.. 5. I regret you won’t come on holiday with me. I wish I might borrow your car. 9. It’s high time he (take) a job and (stop) living on his parents. 20. I regretted you couldn’t come to me yesterday. As prefera sa mergi la teatru. I am sorry it rains so often. 3. 3. 7. I am sorry he won’t accept my proposal. I would marry you even if you (be) a pauper. I regret I won’t be able to read Goethe in the original. 9. He would rather his daughter (not get married) so young. I would rather you (not waste) your time! I am cold. 6. 1. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. 6. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de Past Tense sau Past Perfect: 1.html 27 of 42 .actrus. 2. 10. Don’t treat me as if I (be) a child. 8. I regret I have only one child. If only I (be) in Italy now! I wish I (enter) the faculty last year. 10. 2. I regret you didn’t win the competition. 5. 7.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 15. 2. 8. 4.. 7. I am sorry I don’t live in Bucharest. I am sorry you had an accident. 14. Bine ar fi sa fii mai ordonata! Ce pacat ca ploua! Daca n-ar ploua. I regret I am not a student.. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. I regret I can’t go to the concert. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + would + infinitiv scurt: Model: http://quintet. 16. Transformati urmatoarele propozitii. 1. I am sorry you live so far away. 6. 8.actrus. I regret he will stay in hospital so long.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. I regret I have no children. I’d rather I (stay) at home and (watch) TV. 3. 9. I am sorry I will get fat when giving up smoking. It’s time we (go) home. As prefera sa ma scol mai devreme. 9. 10. 4. I wish I could speak English. 13. Mi-as dori sa incetezi sa te mai vaicaresti pentru ca am si eu necazurile mele. 4. He wishes he (have) a good English teacher in the next academic year. 18. 6. I am sorry I didn’t win the Great Prize. 3. I wish I hadn’t lost my umbrella. I regret I won’t have a phone in my new flat. I was sorry you were out when I called. I would rather he (tell) me the truth. 5. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + Past Perfect (afirmativ sau negativ): Model: I am sorry I lost my umbrella. Mi-as dori sa incetezi cu zgomotul acela chiar in acest moment. 1. Page 6 of 8 Ex. 7. I am sorry you won’t take a driving licence. am putea merge la plaja! Ti-ai dori sa fi fost invitata la petrecerea lui John? Ce pacat ca nu mai sunt tânar! As prefera sa te scoli mai devreme. I am sorry he will be away for such a long time. I am sorry I was late for the party. 10. I regretted the weather was bad when I was on holiday. astfel incât sa inceapa cu I wish + Past Tense (afirmativ sau negativ): Model: I am sorry/I regret the weather isn’t fine. Bine ar fi sa nu fi facut atâtea greseli la lucrarea de control. Puneti verbele din paranteze la forma corecta de subjonctiv: 1. 5. As prefera sa merg la teatru. Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv 1. 2. I am sorry you were delayed at the office. I am sorry I can’t play the piano. 3. 8. I wish he would take my advice. I was sorry you had got a fine.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. I am sorry my friend is ill. I would rather you (close) that window. If only I (not forget) his phone number! He wishes his book (become) a best-seller! If only I (become) a millionaire. 4. 9. 1. 19. 4. I am sorry he will not take my advice. 5.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. It is high time you (start) studying for your exam. 12. If only my telephone (work)! I wish I (not catch) a cold on the trip yesterday. You behave as if you (own) the place. 11.
11. 13. 6. The road is wet. I wish my car (not break down) last week. Ea arata de parca ar fi manechin. drive carefully lest you (have) an accident. 17. No matter how/however absent – minded you (be). 16.. It is impossible that my sister (tell) this to you yesterday.. 12. Este probabil ca fiul meu sa fi luat examenul. 2. 15. 2. 10. 6. El a sugerat ca noi sa cumparam aceasta casa. 3. Mama a hotarât ca noi sa stam acasa. I have to work hard so that my company (prosper). Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de subjonctiv should + infinitivul prezent: 1. Directorul a cerut ca toata lumea sa fie prezenta la ora 8. The doctor recommended that the patient (have) an operation.. 4. dar eu prefer sa mergi la bunicul. E timpul sa-mi inapoiezi banii pe care ti I-am imprumutat. la tara. Orice mi-ai spune. Era demult timpul sa incepi sa citesti cartile cerute pentru examenul de literatura româna. Stiu ca tu ti-ai dori sa-ti petreci vacanta intr-o tabara.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. E ora 10! Nu crezi ca era demult timpul sa te scoli si sa te apuci de lucru? 15. Page 7 of 8 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. Prietenul meu a insistat sa merg cu el la concert.. 8. Ea se poarta cu el de parca ar fi sotul ei. It is desirable that they (divorce) immediately. Jane si-ar dori sa-mi petrec sfârsitul de saptamâna cu ea. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de sobjonctiv should + infinitivul prezent sau trecut: 1. 5. 7. 6. 13. Este necesar sa fii informat despre ce se intâmpla in tara. All success (attend) you! I wish I (be) there when it happened. 5. El mi-a vorbit ca si cum nu se intâmplase nimic intre noi. nu te pot crede. nu poti câstiga un astfel de concurs. El a intrat in casa fara zgomot.actrus. I’ve told you everything so that you (understand) my position. 2. 8. Oricine ti-ar fi spus asta despre mine. Inlocuiti infinitivele din paranteze cu unul dintre tipurile de subjonctiv sau cu un echivalent de subjonctiv: 1. Profesorul sugereaza ca noi sa citim aceasta carte. Este enervant ca tu sa fi uitat sa-mi aduci cartea inapoi. Este foarte important ca acest contract sa fie semnat foarte curând. Da-te la o parte ca sa vad (astfel incât sa pot vedea) ecranul. 17. He throws money away as if he (be) a rich man. 18. astfel incât sa nu-l aud eu. 5. Am facut un imprumut ca sa (astfel incât sa) pot sa-mi cumpar casa. I suggested that we (take) a taxi. nu ar trebui sa ma minti. Oricât te-ai stradui. 14. Este important ca tu sa stii engleza bine. 7. Este imposibil ca el sa se fi intors atât de devreme.html 28 of 42 . 4. 3. If only I (have) a brother or a sister! 7. 3. 3. Oricând te vei intoarce. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind subjonctivul cu forma de infinitiv sau echivalentul de subjonctiv may sau might + infinitivul prezent: 1. Vrei sa spui ca este probabil sa ne petrecem concediul in Bucuresti? Este necesar sa fiu prezent la aceasta sedinta? 1. It is strange that she (leave) the lights on when she left the town. 12/15/04 http://quintet. 6. I’d rather you (retire) as soon as possible.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. 4. I closed the window lest (get) too cold. Oricare ar fi motivul. you should remember your own phone number. 14. Este imposibil ca el sa se intoarca atât de devreme. I closed the window so that it (not get) too cold. 9. Vorbeste mai tare ca sa te aud (asfel incât sa te pot auzi). 18. Am sugerat sa-l alegem presedinte. 5. I wish I (find) another. Directorul a propus ca eu sa lucrez in alt sector. nu ar fi trebuit sa crezi. 8.actrus. I propose that we (leave) by the 9 o’clock train. Vorbesti ca si cum ai fi suparata pe mine. 6.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_7. 7. Era ciudat ca el sa nu fi citit aceasta carte. 20.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScri. 4. Este posibil ca ea sa fie plecata din oras. 8. 9. Page 8 of 8 12. 8. I have such a boring job. 19. 16. She speaks about her son as if he (be) a genius. 2. 10. Insist ca tu sa accepti aceasta slujba. 19. 9. 7. 10. eu voi fi acasa si te voi astepta.
Acuzativ cu infinitiv Consta dintr-un verb urmat de un pronume sau substantiv in acuzativ + un verb la infinitiv. to know. el reprezinta forma a III-a: ¡ ¡ to call – called – called to go – went – gone Constructii cu infinitivul 1.) 1. to suppose.. to declare. to order. Ex. verbe declarative: to state.) f. cu anumite verbe urmate de prepozitii obligatorii: to rely upon/on. forma -ing (gerunziul si participiul prezent) si participiul trecut.) Sunt situatii in care Nominativul cu Infinitivut exprima o formulare pasiva a Acuzativului cu Infinitiv: Ex. Atât participiul prezent cât si gerunziul se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei -ing la infinitivul verbelor (to call – calling). (Vreau ca tu sa pleci acum. to hear. I rely on you to do this. I made him study English. Ex. to believe.) d. Diateza activa ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ infinitiv prezent simplu: to call infinitiv prezent continuu: to be calling infinitiv perfect simplu: to have called infinitiv perfect continuu: to have been calling Diateza pasiva ¡ ¡ infinitiv prezent simplu: to be called infinitiv perfect: to have been called Forma -ing. He was made to study English. diateza si timpuri. I saw him leave the room. verbe exprimând perceptia mentala: to think. (El a recunoscut ca stirile erau false.. in cazul verbelor neregulate. I consider him to be a good student.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Ex. to make. I want you to go now. to say.. to dislike. verbe exprimând un ordin.) c. Page 1 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . Ex. folosit cu verbe la diateza pasiva: to see. to count upon/on . to expect.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . (M-am asteptat ca el sa vina la timp. He admitted the news to be false. to cause. to hear. He considered the news to be false. Participiul prezent si gerunziul pot avea timpuri si diateza. I made him study English. He is said to be a good writer. Ex. (Ei l-au declarat a fi omul anului. to hate.) I want John to do this.) They declared him to be the man of the year. Nominativ cu infinitiv Consta dintr-un subiect in nominativ + un verb la diateza pasiva sau activa + un verb la infinitiv. o permisiune sau o cauzalitate: to make. to suppose. Ex. He is considered to be a good student. to believe. to allow. a. to admit.html 29 of 42 12/15/04 . (L-am vazut ca paraseste camera/parasind camera. Ex.) He ordered the door to be locked. Adverbe exprimând dorinta sau vointa: to want. (Se spune ca el este un bun scriitor. (L-am facut sa invete engleza. (L-am lasat sa iasa afara sa joace fotbal. Diateza activa ¡ ¡ nedefinit: calling perfect: having called a. (Vreau ca John sa faca aceasta. I consider him to be a good student.) I let him go out and play. I’d like him to come with me. Page 2 of 6 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA VIII MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI CONSTRUCTIILE VERBALE In limba engleza. to consider.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. to know. (El a ordonat sa se incuie usa.) Exista câteva tipuri de verbe care accepta acest tip de constructii: http://quintet.) e.) b. (Consider ca el este un bun student.. to watch. Verbele to make si to let sunt urmate de infinitivul scurt (fara to).actrus. verbe exprimând perceptia senzoriala: to see. Diateza pasiva ¡ ¡ nedefinit: being called perfect: having been called Participiul trecut se formeaza prin adaugarea terminatiei -ed la verbele regulate. to understand. Ex.actrus. to expect. Aceste verbe sunt urmate de infinitivul scurt (fara to). Infinitivul poate avea aspect. to like. (Ma bazez pe tine sa faci aceasta. to feel.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. (As vrea ca el sa vina cu mine. modurile nepersonale sunt urmatoarele: infinitivul. to consider. to wish.) I expected him to come in time.
html 30 of 42 . vom merge la plaja. It is necessary that I (should) go there.. I had my bedroom window broken.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. in timp ce acuzativul cu participiu arata actiunea in desfasurare.) Constructie cu participiul trecut Este formata din verbul to have sau to get + un complement + participiul trecut.. precum si cu verbele to find. It is impossible that I (should) come. Nominativ cu Participiu Este pasivul constructiei Acuzativ cu Participiu: Ex: He was seen leaving. (Trebuie sa-mi dau pantofii la reparat. Ex. (Este imposibil ca el sa vina. 12/15/04 http://quintet.) Weather permitting. I saw him leaving (L-am vazut plecând.. Acuzativ cu participiu Se foloseste cu verbe exprimând perceptie senzorial: to see. a.) I heard her singing. Traduceti in limba engleza folosind constructia Acuzativ cu Infinitiv sau Acuzativ cu Participiu: 1. ii voi spune unde esti. Ex: The classes being over. am mers acasa. Page 3 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . (Daca vremea va permite. Ex. Daca vrem sa traducem expresia personala: „Ea e sigura ca va veni la timp" o redam in modul urmator: „She is sure the she will come in time".. to appear ¡ la diateza activa: Ex. to hear. Este de asemenea sa apara situatii in care actiunea exprimata de participiul trecut este facuta de altcineva in detrimentul persoanei exprimate de subiect. I will tell him where you are. Ex: I must have/get mz shoes repaired. Cineva mi-a spart geamul din dormitor.) It is necessary for me to go there. 2. we went home. to smell. cu expresiile: to be sure / likely / unlikely / certain Ex. b. He was declared to be the man of the year. Constructii cu participiul prezent 1. In timp ce I saw her leaving se poate traduce numai Am vazut-o plecând. Exercitii cu constructiile verbale 1.) She was heard singing.) Aceasta constructie arata ca actiunea este facuta de catre altcineva spre avantajul sau la ordinul persoanei reprezentate de subiect. (Am lasat-o / gasit-o plângând. They declared him to be the man of the year. (Ea a fost auzita cântând. (Voi merge sa ma coafez.) In cazul verbelor de perceptie. Diferenta de sens intre cele doua constructii este urmatoarea: folosirea acuzativului cu infinitiv pune accentul pe actiunea propriu-zisa. (E usor sa fac asta.) 3.) Nota: Ultimele doua propozitii se se pot reda in limba engleza si cu ajutorul subjonctivului. (El s-a dovedit a fi un bun jurnalist. Nominativul absolut Este o constructie participiala care are un subiect al ei propriu. (Aceasta ramâne sa o decida el.actrus.) This remains for him to decide. to prove. cu verbele: to happen. (Orele fiind terminate. She had two sons killed in the war. to turn out.) Nota: Trebuie remarcat faptul ca expresia impersonala din limba româna se intâmpla sa este. 1. Astfel: I saw her leave s-ar putea traduce Am vazut-o ca pleaca sau Am vazut-o plecând. to seem. M-am asteptat sa vii mai devreme.) I will have my hair done.) I happened to meet him in the street. to watch. aceasta constructie este asemanatoare cu Acuzativul cu Infinitiv. (Daca se va intâmpla sa-l intâlnesc. It is easy for me to do this.) It is impossible for him to come. (El a fost vazut plecând. tradusa cu o expresie personala in limba engleza. (Am auzit-o cântând. Ex. Page 4 of 6 The news was considered to be false. She is sure to come in time. (E sigur ca ea va veni la timp. He proved to be a good journalist. we shall go to the beach. to leave. Ex.) If I happen to meet him.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. I-au fost ucisi doi fii in razboi.) I left / found her crying.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . (S-a intâmplat sa-l intâlnesc pe strada. For – phrase Consta din propozitia for + un substantiv sau pronume in acuzativ + un verb la infinitiv.) Nota: Din nou avem in limba engleza o expresie personala care se traduce in româneste cu o expresie impersonala. de obicei.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8.actrus. (Este necesar ca eu sa merg acolo.
It happened that she made three spelling mistakes in her letter. 4. we sat down to dinner. The plane having taken off. I found her digging in the garden. 3. L-am vazut vorbind cu prietena lui. The match was about to begin. 9. She heard the hunters shooting. 5. Am auzit-o certându-si copilul. Inteleg ca ea e o profesoara foarte buna. I can’t solve it. I heard the child breaking the vase. 1.actrus. 6. This translation is easy for me to make. I went home relaxed. 4. The letter being written. This is a good book. I don’t want you to catch a cold. I went to post it. You should take it. 10. It is necessary that you should study the matter seriously. I went shopping.. Reformulati urmatoarele propozitii folosind constructia „for-phrase": Model: This translation is easy. 5. 9. the audience left the hali. at once. 2. 7. 12. 4. I stopped smoking. Everybody being at home. 1. It is necessary that he be present. This is the main thing. It seemed that she was satisfied with me. 3. It is advisable that you should resign. 2. http://quintet. 8. Reformulati urmatoarele fraze cu modul subjonctiv folosind constructia „forphrase": Model: It is important that I should know the truth. 8. 10. It is sure they have had an argument. 6. 9. 6. 3. 5. I found the boy breaking the window. 14. transformându-le in Nominativ cu Participiu: Model: I heard the dog barking. I-am privit jucând fotbal... Cred ca el e un sot bun. It is recommendable that you should read this book. 3. I didn’t want her to miss the train. 11. I can’t believe she said that. I saw the peasants working in the field. 2. I could hear her typing. 3. Am vazut câtiva copii jucându-se in parc. This fact is important. 5. It’s time we met again. 5. Stiam ca el e un om foarte ocupat. She was thought to be a gifted child. I thought she was unable to win the contest. She heard the baby crying. 4. El m-a facut sa pierd trenul. This problem is too difficult. I have closed the window. I saw her lying on the beach. 8. The concert being over. l. 3. It is important to know the truth. Reformulati urmatoarele fraze cu modul subjonctiv folosind constructia Nominativ cu Infinitiv. Weather permitting. Ea m-a facut sa inteleg ce se intâmplase. Treceti la pasiv urmatoarele constructii Acuzativ cu Participiu. The sun having risen. I ordered a taxi. 5. 6. You should bear it in mind. 7.html 31 of 42 12/15/04 . It was proved that she was a liar. It is expected that he will arrive at 2 o’clock. Folositi drept subiect pronumele subliniate: Model: Her parents thought she was a gifted child. 10. 7. I saw the plane landing. 2. The time has come. we were seared about having floods. People believed he was a brilliant surgeon.actrus.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . 9.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 10. They heard him repeat it several times. You should read it. 2. 6. The rain having stopped. This is a strange thing. The decision being taken in my favour. The river having risen in the night. 4. 3. John a recunoscut ca vina era a lui. 7. Page 6 of 6 2. 7. 8. We should do it now. Mama ar vrea ca eu sa devin doctor. El voia ca eu sa-l ajut. It is important that you should come to the office. Everybody. 8. The mud having ruined my shoes. It is possible that the plane might be delayed. 7. It is possible that I might buy a car. 6. 15. 10. we hurried to the beach. Traduceti in limba româna urmatoarele propozitii cu constructia Nominativul absolut: 1. I had to change them. I cam make it. 9. 2. 1. The dog was heard barking.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. 8. 13.. Presupuneam ca el stie sa conduca masina. Page 5 of 6 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBULI/MODURILE NEPERSONALE SI . 5. It’s time you started learning foreign languages. 10. 4. Expected that he would resign. The people were impatient. They said she was ill. It is impossible that he should have said that. This is a valuable piece of advice. 6. we shall climb to the top of the mountain. We should have a heart to heart talk. 9. I saw her fainting. 4.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_8. Ma bazez pe tine sa-mi imprumuti niste bani.
Do I always believe? 6. always borrow/is always borrowing. I found this old photo. Yesterday. he walks. have you been wearing? 6. Does he have? 9. She doesn’t talk. I have just had. he was working. When did you return from the mountains? 11. Page 1 of 4 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. He doesn’t remember. I didn’t go to the swimming pool. the engine – drivers have gone. 7. He doesn’t have. He didn’t forbid. My friend isn’t wearing. Where did you spend your holiday last summer? 15. Is my mother resting? 8. http://quintet. 4. 10. Have you lived? I have lived. Are we studying? 9. Am I having? 3. Do I trust? 10. Do you know? Exercitiul 4: l. He didn’t come. 2. 4. 15. Does he remember? 7. 4. You don’t play. Did he think? 2. I have bought. 8. 3. I always made. I owned. go.html 32 of 42 12/15/04 . remembers. 3. 7. What do you do on your free days? 12. The customer is just choosing a pair of shoes. Did they drink? 3. 19. Do I understand? 4. Are you typing? 5. While it was raining. were you going. I met. 1 am cooking. He doesn’t go to school by underground. 3. 17. 2.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. We didn’t work. have you cooked? 7. I was driving to Sinaia. Exercitii cu Present Perfect Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: l. it often rains. She is packing her luggage. I have lent. Have you ever eaten? 13. 9. 9. 5. 10. When I go to the seaside. Have you paid? 19. It snows in winter. 20. have you been. Are you writing. When did you buy this TV set? 12. Is my friend wearing? 7. The child isn’t learning. 1 first met. I don’t have. at 7 o’clock in the morning? I was preparing to go to the faculty. I was watching. 16. I haven’t written. 5. do you do? 3. What are you doing? Are you reading or watching TV? 5. he was-learning. The boys were playing cards when they heard their father entering the house. 13. Do you dream? I dream 9. 11. 20. are you thinking? I am thinking. 10. He has just left. 6. A strong wind was blowing when I left the house. I slept. I am not going. write. 8. I got up late yesterday morning. 8. 17. 12. 10. I don’t trust. he doesn’t get up early. Does she talk? 3. speaks. What are you speaking about? Exercitii cu Past Tense Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: 1. he wasn’t wearing. We have known. I have been cooking. Is Ann knitting? 10.actrus. 5. she was having. Did he translate? 10. 20. 5.. 9. I have’ been shopping. 4. On Sundays. 4. 6. I5. 18.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. How often do you write to your parents? 18. Is it raining? 2. I don’t like coffee. 14. He has been sleeping. 6. my friends played chess. is drinking. He hasn’t gone. Have you ever driven? 16. 14.. That sounded. am taking. At what time does John get up in the morning? 11. I have been asking. I didn’t sell. Last Sunday. 11 . are you hurrying? I don’t want. 19. 1t hasn’t rained. Do you smoke? 17. I don’t understand. Who won the match the day before yesterday? 20. 14. I don’t love.. 2. I was writing. You asked. he realized. Now I am doing my homework in English. 10. Exercitiul 4: 1. You spoke. Do you play? 5. someone rang up. They didn’t drink. Exercitiul 2: CHEIA EXERCITIILOR LECTIA I TIMPURILE MODULUI INDICATIV Exercitii cu Present Simple si Continuous Exercitiul l: 1. Yesterday I lost my gloves. 19. she has been trying. 3. He met. he had. he is having. I didn’t enjoy. Did I enjoy? 9.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. Did I sell? 6. Exercitiul 2: l. 1 liked. 10. 1 don’t like. Did he change? 5. Last night. drinks. Do you usually get. Is he telling? 4. you came in. Page 2 of 4 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri 1. He didn’t change. Last week I was ill and 1 didn’t go to school. Do they live? 8. You aren’t typing. What were you doing last Tuesday. Do I have? Exercitiul 2: l. You drank. am. 4. 14.. I have been watering. Have you visited? 12. This time yesterday it was raining. We aren’t studying. She goes shopping on Saturdays. 2. The radio has been playing. Do I love? 2. It isn’t raining. 8. 2. Do you go? 16. I didn’t hate. 18. I arrived. Have you read? 18. Are they swimming? 6. I am not having. I don’t always believe. 9. I often read English books. Did he come? 8. 7. 5. I had breakfast and then I left for school. 8. He didn’t translate. 16. Two days ago I fell and I broke my leg. I have already seen. it is raining. 6. Why are you opening the window? I5. I do not study in the evening. Is the child learning? Exercitiul 3: l. 17. He didn’t think. He isn’t telling. he has caught. 6. I haven’t been. 7. Whom are you ringing up? 13. I was talking. Did I hate? 4. I played. He sat for his first exam last week. 6. 9. While I was looking for my passport. I like to swim a lot. He has always relied. Have you been? I have been. don’t understand. 7. I entered. Ann isn’t knitting. They hid the cards away and took out their school books. They aren’t swimming. 4. 2. What book are you reading? 10. They don’t live. are you waiting? I am waiting. My mother isn’t resting. Do you like? 8. 2. the teacher was writing. Did you sleep well last night? 3. 5. Yesterday I got up early. I always have.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. Did he forbid? Exercitiul 3: 1. Did we work? 7. the sun didn’t set at 8 o’clock. He has been fishing. He hasn’t come. The secretary is just typing a report. 9.actrus. 13. Have you watered? 3. 8. were you doing? 7.
4. we asked. They have been working on this house for a year and they haven’t finished it yet. he had learned/he had been learning. 3. The train will have left before we arrive at the station. Exercitiul 4: 1.actrus.actrus. congratulated. Has John left? Yes. 8. She has changed. Page 3 of 4 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR.. I shall/will have read 8. 8. many people will be going to work on foot tomorrow. The weather has got warmer lately. 9. Exercitiul 4: 1. they had finished. 4. Since I bought a car. It has been snowing for two hours. 5. A child has broken the window. I entered. Have you been. 7. it had been raining. he went. I had met. Exercitiul 2: 1. 6. I shall/will have paid off. had listened. it had been raining. 8. I have been wearing. When I arrived at the bus stop. 5. By this time next year. Will you recognize? 4. 3. 7. I was sorry I had hurt him. What did you look at? It was an accident. had been cooking. I realized I had left my bag at home. I found out. 5.. he left an hour ago. 18. I shall/will pass. I returned. she had been writing. 6. By 10 o’clock she will have finished cleaning the house. Who did you vote for at the last elections? I didn’t go to vote. he told. they will be having their last English class. 4. 8. I shall/will remember. 4. had spread. 7. 2. had eaten. I spent a month here. On Friday. Exercitiul 3: 1. Exercitiul 4: 1. I shall/will know. I had returned. 3. It has been raining. 9. 10. 10. we had been walking. 10. 7. I had it at 8 o’clock. 9. I went to bed. had been speaking. We have been walking since 3 o clock. she had not passed. 2. 9. I called. 9. 7. 4. You will have seen. I shall/will be working. 9. 4. Because of the strike of the bus – drivers. As soon as he had finished writing the paper. we left. I rang him up. 9. 6. He has been a Minister for two years. 3. 6. 3. 2. The child has been playing.html 33 of 42 12/15/04 . 2. Have you seen? she left. He has written only two letters since he went abroad. began. We have walked 10 km so far. 7. Look what I have bought at an auction! It’s a very beautiful object. they had been. You will not/won’t find. 4. We must replace it. 6. He has been. 3. 6. I didn’t succeed. I have often thought of taking a driving licence. 3. it will probably be raining. 5. 3. will have spent.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. between twelve and one o’clock. I got. he had been. 8. 11. 10. 8.. He hadn’t done anything before he asked for my advice. I have been translating a text for two hours and I haven’t finished it yet. we realized. she had been cleaning and dusting. had been having. 5. 13. I shall/will have saved five million lei. You will be. he had got married. Have you already had breakfast? Yes. 7. I stayed at home and I haven’t regretted it for a moment! 16. she told. 7. Exercitiut 2: 1. I didn’t phone you because I thought you had gone abroad. He will be. 8. 4. 7. had been climbing. I shall/will be swimming. They told me they had been living in France since 1980. 9. 10.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. By the end of the month I shall/will have seen this film 5 times. 6. I shall/will succeed. it had been raining. I shall/will have finished. 4. Have you seen today’s newspaper? 17. Exercitiul 3: 1. 3. 2. Exercitii cu Past Perfect Simple si Continuous Exercitiul 1: 1. 6. had not told. had left. Who has taught you to speak English so well? 2. he handed it to the teacher. will have risen. He thanked me for what I had done for him. What will you be doing tomorrow morning at 11 o’clock? I shall/will be visiting the international fair. She had just gone out. He will be studying. they will have been married. I have bought a typewriter and I shall learn to type. he had thought. He will be studying in the library on Monday from one to five o’clock. I shall/will have been cooking. Have you ever tried? I tried. he had visited. As soon as the guests had left. I shall/will have been working. had been swimming. I was.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/CHEIA EXERCITIILOR-TIMPUR. Where have you spent your holiday this year? 3. Page 4 of 4 Exercitiul 3: I. We shall/will have taken. 5. I got up. we had lost. 8. she had been studying. She will be watching. 10. will/shall will be climbing. 6. 2. 10. two years ago. wilt be rising. How long have you been learning English? 5. I have been doing. she had already been. The secretary told me the manager had been speaking on the phone for half an hour. They travelled to many countries after they had got married. he had caught. 14. Wil1 you remember? 9. You will like. Will you be needing? 5. haven’t you seen? did you use? 2. 8. I have lost. 15. he went. I have seldom walked to my office. 19. I saw.. 10. Have you been to this town before? Yes. 10. Exercitii cu timpurile „Future" Exercitiul 1: 1. 10.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9. 5. will be crying. Where will you put it? http://quintet. 2. 2. 9. 5. they had been waiting. I shall/will be having. 12. 20. 6. 7.
he tells. I had not enjoyed. 11. 12. you have read. 3. you would soon have. You had to type. He was very upset because he had lost his http://quintet. would be cancelled. 4. he has repaired. 6. 11. we reach. The car I will buy will be imported from Germany. I have received. I want. you are reading. you finish. He asked me how many letters there are in the Chinese alphabet and I couldn’t answer him. Exercitiul 7: l. 7. they would remain. I was. 9. you had been wearing. 9. you have drunk. I have. it would not be raining when I arrived.. you see. I was. he had eaten. he had been travelling. we will drink. he had just left. is. 6. 12. 8. Exercitiul 6: 1. he would finish. Father will give me a present after I have passed the exam. she looks. 2. Page 1 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU CONCORDANTA TIMPURI. 5.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_2. he trusted. 4. arrive. I work/I worked. 5. I had not decided. they were talking. she has learnt. he would have. he would not remember. he would pass. prices would go up. 10. there are. she notices you have broken. he would change. 3. 7. I will tell you the truth after I have found it myself. 6. you were. 13. he had to write. 9. I had read. I read. he hoped. he had not expected. 2. 8. 2. I had done. 3. I would spend. he had left. 8.. 4. 9.. Exercitiul 3: 1. he would win. 3. I finish. 2. Exercitiul 4: 1. we had been digging. 10.actrus. 3. he would give. 10. 4. I have been reading. 8.html dictionary and he was not sure he would find a new one in the bookshops.html 34 of 42 12/15/04 . 14. 2. 11. they have done. I will earn/will be earning.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU CONCORDANTA TIMPURI. 10. 5. I had not eaten. he had stolen. I didn’t stay at home to wait for you because I didn’t know when you would come. 18. 16. he has arrived. had already begun. we went. 4. 15. 5. I played/I was playing. The policeman will ask me what I have seen during the accident.. you have just told. 17. 7. 18. do not eat. is. was shining. Page 2 of 2 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA II Exercitii cu concordanta timpurilor Exercitiul 1: 1. he wanted. they have been. 13. would end. I have suffered. 20. 3. The thief did not realize that the police had been following him for a week. 4. you see. they had known. I finish. would not go. 7. begin. Exercitiul 2: 1. I would remain. 2. you were. I knew you were in Bucharest. he would drive. Exercitiul 5: 1.actrus. 14. 15. 10. 17. I promised him I would write to him when I arrived in London. 4. 8. 6. 5. 12/15/04 http://quintet. 20. 6. melts.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_2. you see. 10. 6. did not remember. is born. 5. 7. The secretary told me the manager was busy. 9. 3. I usually read. he had never seen. 7. I had heard. I didn’t remember that we had met a year before. 12. she has changed. 10. 2. had failed. 19. 6. 8. I had lost. is. you do. will soon move. 8. 16. they had been listening. 7. 9. 5. 9. 19. you spoke.
would you go? Exercitiul 3: l. He told me to read that text. 8. 10. 6. you take. He asked me if 1 had been at the library the day before. I were.actrus. He asked me what I was going to do the next day. you will not find. 3. 11. 10. He told me not to interrupt him when he was speaking. He said he had seen that film a week before. 4.actrus. I will buy. 8. 8. 9. 10 He asked me if I could speak English. I will greet 2. she will be. He said she would go shopping right then. 6. 2. What would you have done if you had met John? Exercitiul 6: l. I gave up. 4. 10. he leaves. 9. I had not told. 8. He told/asked/ordered me not to drive so fast. I wouldn’t do. You would catch the train if you took a taxi. What would have happened if you had driven at a high speed? 4. Would you have been angry if I had taken your pencil? 10. He asked me if I knew what that word meant/means. 6. 6. 7.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_4. He said he had gone to England two years before. you would have read. Exercitiul 4: 1. 9. 9. 2.. 3. 8. you had driven. He asked me if I would help him. He asked me when I would be back. 5. 7. 10.. 10. He asked me if I would like a cake. I would buy. If a beggar asked you for money. He told me to take that pill. he would take. If you hadn’t shut the window I would have been cold. 9. He asked me how I had travelled. you were. 9. 12. http://quintet. He said if he had been at home he would have answered the phone. 12. I moved. He asked me why it was so dark in that room. 5. 5. He told me to ring him up when I arrived home. he had tried. He told me not to cross the street on a red light. 3. He said he was very busy on that day.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Mamaia would be an ideal place for a holiday if there weren’t so many people there. 9. the streets would be wet. 10. Will you be angry if I take your pencil? 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_3. 9. 3. you will be. he would have told. 9. 3. You would have caught the train if you had taken a taxi. 3. 7. you will be. He told me to be careful with his books. 5. You will catch the train if you take a taxi. He asked me if my mother had been at home. I would not have made. I had known. He asked me which of those cakes I preferred. We won’t go for a walk if the rain doesn’t stop/unless the rain stops. He said he didn’t remember where he had bought that dictionary. 2. 5. He asked me if I had lived in London for a long time. 4. 4. 10. 5. What will you do if you meet John? 11. it goes on. I will answer. the streets would have been wet. I will eat at a restaurant. He asked me if I had bought that book the day before. 6. Exercitiul 3: 1. If dinner is not ready in time. he had realized.html 35 of 42 12/15/04 . 5. He asked me if I could come to tea that afternoon. 8. 7. 2. 11. 4. Exercitiul 1: LECTIA IV Exercitii cu vorbirea directa si indirecta 1. He asked me when the rain had stopped. 2. 4. 3. You will see him if you wait. 6. He said the weather had been fine the day before. If it rains. 8. 4. He said he had spent his holiday at the seaside the year before. would you give him some? 3. 2. I would have answered. 7. Would you buy? 4.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA/EXERCITII CU FRAZE CONDITIONALE Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 1 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VORBIREA DIRE. Exercitiul 4: l. 5. If it rained. 5. you wouldn’t have got. He asked me if the train had left. 2. 7. 7. Page 1 of 1 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA III Exercitii cu fraze conditionale Exercitiul 1: l. 7. 3. he would not make. He said John had left for Sinaia two days before. 2. 2. you will not pass. 3. He asked me if I drank coffee every day. He told me not to smoke so much. It would have been. I knew. He asked me where I would spend my weekend. He asked me how long I had been learning . He asked me how long it took me to reach my office. 7. He told me to open the door. 6. 6. 8. What would you do if you meet John? 12.English. I will be disappointed if I don’t find out the truth. 10. I would like the play more if it were shorter. If it had rained. you had invited. 5. he will get. 4. He asked me if I could lend him a book. Exercitiul 5: 1. I would have answered. He said if he had enough money he would buy a car the next year. I will lend. will you promise? 6. 6. 8. He asked me who that man was. I saw. Exercitiul 2: 1. Would you be angry if I took your pencil? 9. 7. Exercitiul 2: 1. He told me to write him a letter when I got to England. I had worked. I would knit another sweater if I had more wool. the streets will be wet. He said he thought it was going to rain the next day. He said he was going to have a nap that afternoon.
Will the letter be written in ink? 3. 10. Has the TV set been repaired? 2. 6. When he arrived home he realized his wallet had been stolen. 10. 10.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU DIATEZA PASIVA Page 1 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU DIATEZA PASIVA Page 2 of 2 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri LECTIA V Exercitii cu diateza pasiva Exercitiul 1: 1. http://quintet. Will the details be told to him? Will he be told the details? 6. The missing child has been found (by someone). 10. The way will be shown to us by the policeman. People will soon forget this book. I was frightened by the noise. 7. 2. My friend recommended me a very good doctor. 8. 8. Exercitiul 6: l. We will be given detailed instructions about the paper. 7. They have built this house out of stone and cement. 9. 9. 5. 14. My friend will be invited to a party (by me). Were you frightened by the tornado? 5. Detailed instructions will be given to us about the paper. 4. A new supermarket was being built in that district last month. A nice present has been given to me (by them). Has the dog been fed? 7. 8. 6. They are taught English (by me). 5. We were asked to show our passports. My TV set will be repaired by a specialist.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_5. The doctor was called for (by us). 7. The letter will be mailed as soon as possible. The event was commented on by all the newspapers.actrus. 5. Many new blocks are being built in our district. I was asked a difficult question by the teacher. 3. 8. 9. I’m not always told the truth by my friend. 3. America was discovered at the end of the 15th century. The professor’s lecture was listened to by all the students. 2. The tourists were shown the museum (by the guide).html 12/15/04 http://quintet. This stamp hasn’t been well stuck on the envelope. His odd behaviour couldn’t be accounted for (by us). The patient was prescribed some pills (by the doctor). I will be given a reward (by them). Nothing has been heard about him since he left for Constanta. A new house is being built round the corner (by them). 11. 12. English is taught to them (by me). They held a reception in his honour.: 3. Do you think your request will be turned down? 10. 9. The meanings of the new words must be looked up in the dictionary. The museum was closed for repairs. His bed hasn’t been slept in (by him). This piece of information must be treated confidentially. Exercitiul 3: 1. John has been lent two of my books (by me). when I passed by. We were told very interesting things at the conference. We will be shown the way by the policeman.html 36 of 42 12/15/04 . Football is played all over the world. Exercitiul 2: 1. 7. 4. very interesting things were told to us at the conference. The Great Prize was awarded to the Romanian film director (by the jury). 8. 15. Were you told about the meeting? 9. All the visitors of the museum admire this painting. John was laughed at (by us). Haven’t you been told to be here at 6 o’clock? 4. Two of my books have been lent to John (by me). 6. The Romanian film director was awarded the Great Prize (by the jury). Some pills were prescribed to the patient (by the doctor). 4. People speak English all over the world. 2. People mustn’t take away these books. 6. 5. Something must be done for him by his coworkers. The museum was shown to the tourists (by the guide). Was he shocked by the sight of the accident? 8. A reward will be given to me (by them). He hates people making fun of him. The teacher will tell the pupils where to sit. The truth is not always told to me by my friend. 13. The children weren’t looked after properly (by them). The house was broken into (by burglars). 4. 6. 2. 2. Would your work have been finished sooner if you hadn’t been interrupted by your colleagues? Exercitiul 5: 1. The work will be finished today (by them). Don’t speak until you are spoken to (by someone).ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_5. 7. Foreign languages are spoken in this hotel. 3. The rescue party finally discovered the climber. Exercitiul 4: 1. 4. Your bag has been found (by him). 3. A difficult question was asked of me by the teacher. I have been given a nice present (by them). Fire was set to the shed (by them). 9. 5. His proposal was objected to (by us).actrus.
I will have to leave soon. shall. 8. 4.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. 5. 7. I could play the piano when I was a child. She may/might have returned. You must have left your umbrella. 3. needn’t. Exercitiul 2: 1. 12. Exercitiul 10: 1. 9. 7. should. needn’t have lent. 5. needn’t. 4. 7. 15. 4. 8. 8. 5. 3. 20. You shouldn’t have gone. 5. 7. 5. Exercitiul 13: 1. 6. You might have changed. S. can. The weather can’t change. 8. Could you help? Will you be able to help? 9. I had to learn. 6. Could Jane type? Will Jane be able to type? 17. I will have to go. can. He needn’t have bought. 3 It might have rained. 10. You needn’t have made 12/15/04 http://quintet. 4. 11. 10. 7. This can’t be a true story. needn’t have waited. She can’t have learned English. 9. 8. will. 4. 9. will. All the students can and must write this paper. I didn’t need to ring up Jane in order to speak to her. 2. can’t have rained. Everybody will be allowed/permitted to borrow. 8. John must have been. 6. It must have been. 6. I ought to/should have read the bibliography for the seminar. 15. I had to go. 4. 9. This must be the best. It can’t be his fault. 6. Exercitiul 8: l. would. 2. You won’t have to do. You should have visited. will. You might have paid. He must have come home. Everybody shall be present at the meeting. can’t. didn’t need to wait. 9. He may/might have been right. can’t have seen. 2. He can’t have passed. mustn’t. 13. He will be able to swim. You were not allowed/permitted to speak. 5. can’t have done. He may/might have done. She could play. 16. 2. 6. 6. She will be able to lend. 10. She can’t have married. 1. Everybody was allowed/permitted to borrow. No. 9. 4: She must be a very good doctor. Exercitiul 4: l. would. 4. 5. mustn’t. 3. 2. You will be allowed/permitted to leave. She will be able to play. 6. Exercitiul 7: 1.actrus. 3. He won’t be allowed/permitted to come. He could read and write. 6. 6. 16. 7. Exercitiul 5: 1. It may/might rain. will. 13. 9. 8. He must be older. needn’t have written. must have left. needn’t.actrus. He can’t be at the office. needn’t have bought. I may/might come home. would. A good knowledge of English may/might help you. can’t have swum. needn’t have lent. She could lend. 10. shall. 17. He must have been late. would. It can’t have been. 2. would. mustn’t. You didn’t have to do. He must have been.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. 19. 2. She can’t have got. Exercitiul 11: 1. 3. You needn’t carry your luggage in the station yourself. 5. should. Exercitiul 12: 1. 14. 14. will. Did you have to be? Will you have to be? 20. 5. He was not allowed/permitted to come. 9. He must have been delayed. will. 7. 1 am sure I will be able to find time to help you. It can t have been. The child was allowed/permitted to have. 10. 2. I must change my shoes when I enter the house because they are full of mud. 4. 4. mustn’t. 2. 7. should. It must have taken a long time. The teacher told me I might skip the next class. 5. mustn’t. He may have been. 13. He ought to have told. 10. You will have to help me more today. 4. You were allowed/permitted to leave. can’t. John could have been. He must think. You must have forgotten. 2. 7. because she was to come to my place in half hour’s time. You needn’t have done. You must have known the lesson. a porter could help you. I had to look up. didn’t need to buy. must have taken. 12. needn’t have answered. didn’t need to answer. 3. I can’t knit. 10. would. You will not be allowed/permitted to smoke. didn’t need to see. 10. 7. She may/might have been angry. 8. 17. should. 2. 14. 18. You can’t have seen. 3. Exercitiul 3: 1. 4. 3. 3. I won t be able to translate. Could he speak? Will he be able to speak? 18. we may/might take the bus or the ski-lift.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. He should have gone. 11. You were not allowed/permitted to smoke. 10. can’t have left. You won’t be allowed/permitted to speak. 6. You may ring me up more often when you know I am ill. 16. needn’t. 3. She may/might have been out. 8. 2. I couldn’t translate. All the children ought to/should do some housework. 19. Exercitiul 9: 1. 9. 5. must have been. 9. „Do you think he will marry that girl?" etc. 5. 7. Need we walk up to the chalet? 15. I will have to learn. can. It may/might be a good one.html 37 of 42 . shall. 10. You can’t miss the train. shall. 10. She will be able to read and write.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE Exercitiul 6: Page 2 of 3 LECTIA VI Exercitii cu verbe modale Exercitiul 1: 1. Was I not allowed/permitted to walk? Shall I be not allowed/permitted to walk? 11. She may/might be very late. You can’t have been. He could swim. Sensuri posibile: „Do you think he will try to enter the faculty?". needn’t. 12. It can’t have been his fault. 6. You might have written. 8. can. I will have to look up. 3. must have been. needn’t have got up. The child will be allowed/permitted to have.
please. 20. 14. I wish he wouldn’t stay in hospital so long. you closed. I wish I would spend my holiday in England. I wish I didn’t have only one child. I would rather you went to the theatre. I got. It’s high time you started reading the books required for the exam in Romanian literature. 23. 20. I stayed. 4. I were. I wished you had been able to come to me yesterday. S. I rang you up and nobody answered. I would rather I got up/I would rather get up earlier. 9. you shall have the book tomorrow. wait for a few minutes? 30. I wish they would sign the contract. 6. I must have been still at the faculty. 7. 21. I asked to speak to the manager but he wouldn’t come to the phone. I wish my friend weren’t ill. Tomorrow I will have to mail the letter. we could go to the beach. 22. I wish/If only I hadn’t made so many mistakes in the test-paper! 2. I wish you would come on holiday with me. I wish you would take a driving licence. I wish I had money to buy that painting. I wish you hadn’t had an accident. You may not speak during the exam. his daughter didn’t get married. 4. I promise you. 10. today. 2. 14. 2. 26. I wish he wouldn’t be away for such a long time. 12. watched. 7.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_7. 2. 8. Exercitiul 5: l. 29. 13. I wish I would have a phone in my new flat. hadn’t caught a cold. It’s time you paid me back the money I lent you. I would become. you were. I wish I were a student. Page 1 of 2 Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri coffee for me. I wish you had won the competition. I wish I would able to read Goethe in the original. 3. I had locked it myself 27. I wish I lived in Bucharest. 15. Exercitiul 3: 1. 19. 10. 18. I were.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU VERBE MODALE Page 3 of 3 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU MODUL SUBJON. I wish I could pay the piano. as I knew the information was recorded on tape. 11.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_6. Will you. I wish you didn’t live so far away. 10. 6. you didn’t waste. I wish you stopped complaining because I have my own troubles. you owned. Where shall we go now? 28. You can’t/couldn’t have been at home last night. 9. You can’t have found the door open. 25. 11. 16. I didn’t need to say „thank you" when I found out the exact time by dialing number 958. we went. stopped. 3.. he took. 16. 1 wish I had children. The teacher can’t/couldn’t have been satisfied with this answer. 9. I wish you stopped that noise right away! 3. 10. 8. 5. 4.html 38 of 42 12/15/04 . 5. 7.. I wish/If only it didn’t rain! If it didn’t rain. Exercitiul 2: l. Why did you speak so loud? Somebody might have heard you. his book would become. I wish/If only you were tidier! 5.actrus. You speak as if you were angry with http://quintet. I wish/If only I were young again! 8. It’s 10 o’clock! Don’t you think it’s high time you got up and started working? 15. 9. I wished you hadn’t been out when I called. I wish I had won the Great Prize. I hadn’t forgotten. I had entered. I wish it didn’t rain so often. I would rather I went/I would rather go to the theatre. you started. 8. 12. I wish books weren’t so expensive. 8. 24. Do you wish you had been invited to John’s party? 7. he would have. 6.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. Exercitiul 4: 1. 9. 4. 6. 7. 6. too. 10. my telephone worked. 19. 17. I wish I hadn’t been late for the party. LECTIA VII Exercitii cu modul subjonctiv Exercitiul 1: 1.actrus. 2. I wish I could go to the concert. I wished the weather hadn’t been bad when I was on holiday. She looks as if she were a model. 3. 18. You ought to/should have insisted. 3. I have already drunk two. I wish you hadn’t been delayed at the office. I wish I wouldn’t get fat when giving up smoking. 4. I wished you hadn’t got a fine. S. I would rather you got up earlier. I wish he would accept my proposal. he told. 13.
4. She was seen fainting.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_7. 17. 6. 5. 7. He wanted me to help him. 13. she should have left. 4. but I would rather you went to your grandparents in the countryside. It’s time for you to start learning foreign languages.. It is impossible that he should have returned so early. 4. you may/might be. 9. 7. 2. 2. 9. 8.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_8. you may/might understand. 2. The manager proposed that 1 (should) work in another department. I rely on you to lend me some money. it should get. 9. It is impossible that he (should) return so early. It is possible that she might be away. The peasants were seen working in the field. It is necessary that I (should) be present at the meeting? Exercitiul 7: 1. Move aside so that I may/might see the screen. It is important for you to come to the office at once. It was strange that she shouldn’t have read this book. I watched them playing football. 1. 4. 10. 10. Whenever you may/might return. he were. 9. I insist that you (should) accept this job. 11. I expected you to come earlier. 9. The plane was seen landing. It is advisable for you to resign. This is a strange thing for her to have said. It’s time for us to meet again. hadn’t broken down. 4. (should) have.html 39 of 42 12/15/04 . I suggested that we (should) elect him president. 3. 4. I know you wish you would spend your holiday in a camp. 15. I had. 8. 20. you shouldn’t have believed it. 5. 19. 10. he were. 19. 10. No matter how hard you may/might try. It is possible for me to buy a car. 10. This problem is too difficult for me to solve. He spoke to me as if nothing had happened between us. 14.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. She happened to make three spelling mistakes in her letter. He made me miss the train. 3. 2. 10. you should have. He is expected to arrive at 2 o’clock. 8. It is likely that my son should have passed the exam. She seemed to be satisfied with me. may attend. Do you mean it is likely that we (should) spend our holiday in Brasov? 10. Whatever you may/might tell me. we (should) leave. 8. 8. It is impossible for him to have said that. Page 2 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU CONSTRUCTIIL. I supposed him to be able to drive a car. I saw some children playing in the park. 4. He was expected to resign.. It is annoying that you should have forgotten to bring me back the book. 7. It is recommendable for you to read this book. I think him to be a good husband. 2. Exercitiul 3: Capitolul precedent Cuprins Capitolul urmator Index Cursuri Page 1 of 2 LECTIA VIII Exercitii cu constructiile verbale 1. I ordered a taxi for her not to miss the train. It is necessary for you to study the matter seriously. 3. The manager requested that everybody (should) be present at 8 o’clock. 12. 9. She (was) proved to be a liar. 5. 6. Exercitiul 2: 1. 18. 15. you can’t win such a competition. The baby was heard crying. 4. It is very important that this contract (should) be signed very soon. 17. This is a valuable piece of advice for you to take. 20. The people were impatient for the match to begin. 3. 7. He suggested that we (should) buy this house. He was believed to be a brilliant surgeon. 8. It is important that you (should) know English well. 7. He was heard to repeat it several times. 14.. 5. 18. 6. They are sure to have had an argument. 2. 11. 6. it might not get. 2. 8. John admitted the fault to be his. Whatever the reason may/might be. 5. The child was heard breaking the vase. 3. 7. you retired. She behaves to him as if he were his husband. I saw him speaking to his friend. might prosper. 7. Whoever may/might have told you this about me. 8. 9. It is necessary for him to be present. Exercitiul 4: 1. He entered the house noiselessly so that I might not hear him. you shouldn’t lie to me. My friend insisted that I (should) go to the concert with him. 7.actrus. I had been. The boy was found breaking the window. 1 knew him to be a very busy man. 12. 5. me. 7. This is a good book for you to read. This fact is important for you to bear in mind. 10. 6. 6. 5. 9. they (should) divorce. Exercitiul 6: Exercitiul 1: 1. 2. should have told.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU MODUL SUBJON. Speak louder so that I may/might hear you.. 3. 6. I can’t believe you. She made me understand what had happened. 6. we should take. She could be heard typing. She was seen lying on the beach. Mother would like me to become a doctor. 5.actrus. Exercitiul 9: 1. 8. 6. She was found digging in the garden. 3. 3. The time has come for us to have a heart to heart talk. Mother decided that we (should) stay at home. The hunters were heard shooting. I have closed the window for you not to catch a cold. I understand her to be a very good teacher. This is the main thing for us to do. 3. 16. 5. 4. She was thought to be unable to win the contest. 2. Exercitiul 6: http://quintet. I heard her scold/scolding her child. I would find. The teacher suggests that we (should) read this book. Jane wishes I would spend my weekend with her. Exercitiul 8: 1. She was said to be ill. I made a loan so that I might buy the house. I will be at home waiting for you. It is necessary that you (should) be informed about what is happening in the country. It is possible for the plane to be delayed. Exercitiul 5: 1. 13.
Decizia fiind luata in favoarea mea. Intrucât noroiul imi stricase pantofii. 6.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/EXERCITII CU CONSTRUCTIIL. am mers sa o pun la posta. Page 2 of 2 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 1 of 5 1. Intrucât soarele rasarise.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10. 8. ne era teama sa nu avem inundatii. am plecat la cumparaturi. were bore beat became began bent bit blew broke brought built burnt burst bought caught chose came cost crept cut dealt dug did drew been borne. Intrucât râul crescuse in timpul noptii. publicul a parasit sala.actrus. 2. 3. LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE to be to bear to beat to become to begin to bend to bite to blow to break to bring to build to burn to burst to buy to catch to choose to come to cost to creep to cut to deal to dig to do to draw was. 9. 7. ne-am asezat la cina.html 12/15/04 http://quintet. a trebuit sa-i schimb. Intrucât ploaia incetase.actrus. 5.html 40 of 42 12/15/04 .. am plecat acasa linistit. Daca vremea va permite. born beaten become begun bent bitten blown broken brought built burnt burst bought caught chosen come cost crept cut dealt dug done drawn http://quintet. Scrisoarea fiind scrisa. Toata lumea fiind acasa.. 10. vom urca pâna la vârful muntelui. ne-am grabit spre plaja. Dupa ce avionul a decolat am incetat sa fumez. 4. Concertul fiind terminat.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_9_8.
html 12/15/04 http://quintet.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10.html 41 of 42 12/15/04 .actrus.actrus.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 2 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 3 of 5 to dream to drink to drive to eat to fall to feed to feel to fight to find to fly to forbid to forget to forgive to freeze to give to go to grow to hang to have to hear to hide to hit to hold to hurt to keep to kneel dreamt drank drove ate fell fed felt fought found flew forbade forgot forgave froze gave went grew hung had heard hid hit held hurt kept knelt dreamt drunk driven eaten fallen fed felt fought found flown forbidden forgotten forgiven frozen given gone grown hung had heard hidden hit held hurt kept knelt to know to lay to lead to lean to learn to leave to lend to let to lie to lose to make to mean to mow to meet to pay to put to read to ride to ring to rise to run to say to see to seek to sell to set knew laid led leant learnt.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10. learned left lent let lain lost made meant mown met paid put read ridden rung risen run said seen sought sold set http://quintet. learned left lent let lay lost made meant mowed met paid put read rode rang rose ran said saw sought sold set known laid led leant learnt.
html 12/15/04 http://quintet.actrus.html 42 of 42 12/15/04 .ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10.CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 4 of 5 CURS PRACTIC DE LIMBA ENGLEZA-VERBUL/LISTA VERBELOR NEREGULATE Page 5 of 5 to sew to shake to shine to shoot to show to shrink to shut to sing to sink to sleep to slide to smell to sow to speak to spell to spend to spill to spread to stand to stea1 to stick to stride Capitolul precedent sewed shook shone shot showed shrank shut sang sank slept slid smelt sowed spoke spelt spent spilt spread stood stole stuck strode Cuprins sewn shaken shone shot shown shrunk shut sung sunk slept slid smelt sown spoken spelt spent split spread stood stolen stuck stridden Capitolul urmator to swim to take to teach to tell to think to throw to understand swam took taught told thought threw understood swum taken taught told thought thrown understood to strike to strive to swear to sweep struck strove swore swept struck Index Cursuri striven sworn swept http://quintet.ro/biblioteca/cursuri/lb_str/obilisteanu/lectia_10.actrus.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.