This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Family and The Murphy Family. The families are life-long Clevelanders and huge supporters of the Lake County community. The Captains have a player development contract with the Cleveland Indians who are responsible for providing the players, coaches and training staff. The Indians organization includes five (5) Minor League Teams: Columbus Clippers - Triple-A Akron Aeros - Double-A Carolina Mud Cats - Advanced-A Lake County Captains - Single-A Mahoning Valley Scrappers - Short-Season Single-A
Classic Park, built in 2003, is a state-of-the art, $20 million baseball facility where the Lake County Captains, Single Aaffiliate of the Cleveland Indians, play home games. The ballpark features amenities that include: • First-class, PNCParty Suite Level with both leased and nightly rental suites. • Five (5)unique picnic and party areas for groups of any size. • Four (4)main concession stands with over 40 points of sale which serve items including Cleveland's own Five Star Brand Sausages, Bertman's Ballpark Mustard, and 12 different flavors of Ohio-based Velvet Ice Cream. • The Walk of Fame features 32 former Captains who have made it to the Major Leagues including Fausto Carmona, Vinnie Pestano and Josh Tomlin.
Classic Park plays host to many events for the community and Captains fans including the City of Eastlake 4th of July fireworks show which draws over 6,000 people annually, annual Hot Stove Dinner with members of the Cleveland Indians, local high school, college and recreational baseball games, and even a Bridal Show!
• Captains Charities is a 501(c)(3)non-profit organization whose mission is to provide support to organizations that enhance the quality of life for children, the disabled, the elderly, and retired residents in Northeast Ohio. • Each year, fundraisers for Captains Charities include a 5K race at Classic Park sponsored by Lake Health, the News-Herald High School Baseball Classic, game-worn jersey auctions and the Captains Charities Golf Classic. • Captains Charities has contributed to numerous organizations throughout Northeast Ohio, including United Way of Lake County, Boy Scouts of NE Ohio, Coaches' Comer Home and Autism Speaks, just to name a few.
Classic Park hosted 66 Captains games, several high school and Lake Erie College baseball games, the annual City of Eastlake 4th of July Fireworks Event and three concerts including Stone Temple Pilots, Roverfest, and the Rock Allegiance Tour. Attendance for 2011 at the ballpark topped 261,000 total fans! For Captains home games an average of nearly 3,600 fans attended each game with an average weekend attendance of 5,000 per game.
In the Captains ninth season at Classic Park, we welcomed our THREE MILLIONTH FANto attend a Captains game. David Knarr and his family from Mentor-on-the-Lake were the lucky fans to receive the honor. During that night's game they were upgraded to a luxury suite for the game, threw out a ceremonial first pitch, joined Craig Deas as part of the radio broadcast, received a S300 gift card and Captains Charities made a S300 donation to the Boy Scouts of America in their name.
Best Celebrity Appearance in 2011:
Oaen ~Coote(" Jones wi General lee (Salem)
OPeler "Charfie Bucket" Ostrum (lake County) Olron Sheikh and NikollliVolkoff (lakewood) OEar! Weaver al SAL ASG (Oemarva) ORoberto AIOmar (Vancouver) QUz Gl:Iert (Trenton) Brutus "The Barbe~ Beefcake (Vermont) AI Kaine (Connedicut) Barry Melrose (Great lakes) 00"";0 :"s atways eXhJaratilg when a member of society's elite comes to the ~tIpark i'l order to mingle with the hoipoloi rppeerances are contained herein, More. seee of 2011's most notable '---------Ayalll (Eugene)
GIVEAWAY I PROMO OF THE YEAR'
Best Giveaway In 2011:
()Scooter vs. Snowman Bobblehead (Wl5consn)
6Choochno Owl FiQume (Readng) OGriffey Bobble Arm (Inland E~e) OAngel Pagan Bobblehead (Brooklyn) OMr. Moon Bobblehead (Ashevlle) OOal8$ Braden Bobblebely (Stockton) IOhty Whleys, Summer Cruise Series (Aloona) "A Caplans Story" Flgume (Lake County) Super Tulo Bobblehead (Tulsa) Jamie Farr Bobblehead (Toledo) 'rom heavenly winged oulflekters to snowman-smashing snortsteps. the ~inors were filed with the usual array of creative (and oecasionallyhead '---------._ ..fl"h;,."\ ..Io,t.",w." ..~ it...... Un .....
The Captains receive daily coverage in The News-Herald and once again received national media coverage from Ben Hill, writer for the official site of Minor League Baseball, MiLB.com. The Captains were nominated for the third year in a row by MiLBas a finalist in two categories for their end of year Best Of Promotions Awards.
• Signage at Classic Park is the most visible advertising option available reaching a captive audience for three to four hours during all events at the stadium. • Outfield slgnage receives over three million impressions annually & video board signage receives six million yearly impressions. • Include an interactive in-game promo such as, "when a ball is hit off your sign one lucky section wins a prize", to draw more attention to your sign each game. • Signage is by far the most requested piece of advertising inventory. • Availability is limited and slgnage is sold on a first-come first-served basis.
BJ 's is proud to support the laKe County Captains
VISit our clubs In Willoughby and Warrensville Heights to expenenee another great American pastime - saving money!
Concourse signs are 5' x 5' and are located throughout the main concourse of Classic Park. These signs are placed near restrooms and concession stands visible to fans walking through the concourse.
Specialty stgnage areas are available including our baseline signs located on the first and third base side of the stadium. These signs are 3' tall and 36' wide.
The Officer's Club is located on the suite level of Classic Park and hosts groups of 25 - 50 people as well as Captains season ticket holders during any game when the area isn't rented by a company or organization.
Over 16 million vehicles pass by Classic Park on Route 91 annually. With an average of two people per vehicle, bridge signs receive 32 million impressions annually!
Digital Billboard Each graphic is shown for eight seconds at a time rotating 24 hours per day for a minimum exposure of 180 times per day
• Our most talked about and creative advertising option which has sold out two straight seasons. • Between-inning promotions and contests are a fan favorite in every Minor League ballpark. • In-game contests and promotions involve fan participation either on the field or in their seats. • Great opportunity for product placement and coupon opportunities.
Examples include: • Skipper's Fun Run (50+ kids/game) • Text-to-Win Promotion • "Tweet" Your Seat • Lucky Row Promotions • Interactive Video Board Contest • Custom promotions based upon your product or service
• The Captains On Deck! game day program is available for FREE at all 70 Captains home games • Annual distribution of the program has grown to over 65,000 copies per season • Five (5)issues of the program are printed during the season with updated stories, rosters, and information about the Captains • Ads are available in full, half, and quarter-page sizes • The entire publication is full-color and features no black & white pages • Your ad can feature a bounce-back offer or coupon to drive traffic to your retail location • On Deck! is also distributed at area locations such as Chick-fil-a, Lake Health locations and at area fairs, festivals and special events For an additional $100 our IT Department can create a custom, trackable QRcode which can be incorporated into any advertisement.
• With over 3,600 people at the ballpark nightly, Ticket Back Coupons are the ultimate bounce-back coupon opportunity. • Over 250,000 regular game tickets and nearly 50,000 season tickets are printed each season and your coupon will appear on ALLticket backs. • New in 2012, the Captains will offer a coupon opportunity on the back of all GoldLot Parking Passes sold at Classic Park. Approximately 15,000parking passes will be distributed in 2012. • Another coupon or special offer opportunity is our Ticket Envelopes. Every fan buying advance tickets for Captains games receives an envelope and you can include a coupon or literature in these envelopes. • Allticket back, parking pass and ticket envelope sponsors will receive logo and verbal recognition during the game all 70 home games via PAand video board mentions.
• The Captains print over 250,000 pocket schedules annually and distribute them to businesses and individuals throughout northeast Ohio. • Pocket Schedules are a great way to not only advertise inside Classic Park but to also reach out into the community as well. • Pocket Schedule ads are great coupon opportunities for retail businesses. • Captains Pocket Schedules provide exposure all season long as fans reference them numerous times for game times, upcoming promotions, Classic Park seating chart and ticket information. • Pocket schedules are printed in February and are in circulation during the summer through Labor Day. • Cost of only $0.02 per impression!!!
• In 2012, the Captains will have 21 post-game fireworks shows following select Friday, Saturday & Sunday home games. • Fireworks nights draw the largest crowds of the season and typically sell out with an average of nearly 7,000 fans per event. • Fireworks sponsors are included in Captains print materials, in-ballpark advertising, radio & print ads, as well as custom fireworks logos used to promote the events. • Company logo appears on video board throughout the fireworks show along with a message on the Video Board LED Message Center. • Receive a Luxury Suite for 16 people, or 50 group tickets, for select fireworks game you sponsor plus the opportunity to have someone represent your organization and throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to each game.
• Companies looking to make a lasting impression on fans can sponsor their own Captains game during the season and give fans an experience they won't forget. • Game sponsorships may include a premium giveaway item such as a bobblehead, souvenir baseball, mini-bat or even a fleece blanket!
Special Events may include: • Field of Dreams Little League Teams • Boy/Girl Scout Nights • Birthday Parties • Baseball Camps • Senior Day • Bark in the Park - Every Tuesday • Bike Night • Special event sponsors receive video board exposure, in-park PA announcements, first pitch, tickets, and may take part in radio broadcast. • Sponsors may also be included in print materials such as pocket schedules and game program as well as external advertising in The News-Herald or Captains radio ads.
• The Captains Reading Program was established in 2003 with the goal of encouraging area students to read and that doing so can be FUN. • In nine years over 310,000 students have participated in the Captains Reading Program!!! • In 2011 over 35,000 area students from four surrounding counties took part in the program. • In Lake County alone there were more than 21,000 participating students. • Kids who participate receive a Captains school folder and pencil just for taking part in the program and those who reach their goal receive a free ticket to a Captains game, backpack, hot dog and kids zone voucher! • Sponsors receive recognition on over 40,000 folders and on all backpacks while also having the opportunity to put an insert into each child's folder.
• The tlagship home for the 2010 Midwest League Champion Lake County Captains is 1330 AMWELW. • In 2011 the Captains Radio Network included 1330 AMWELW,ESPN970 and the official website of the Captains, www.captainsbaseball.com. • All 140 Captains games are broadcast live on the radio network. • Each broadcast includes a 20 minute pre- and post-game show complete with highlights, player interviews, and game previews and recaps. • Radio advertisers receive 30-second commercials during the broadcasts along with opening and closing billboards. • Advertisers also receive sponsorship of a unique, in-game feature. For example, "That's another
Classic Chevy Home Run. Stop by Classic Chevy on Route 615 in Mentor to test drive a new 2011 Chevy Camaro."
of the Town"
• The Captains official website, www.captainsbaseball.com. has over 250,000 unique visitors annually. • Those visitors browse more than 1 MILLION pages on the site for an average of five page r views per visitor. • The home page features prominent placement of advertising space, e-mail newsletter promotion, and Captains game stories and news. ~ • The Captains run special offers and promotions l1lil1li :~::~:;:~~::.:~r.~:'",SW''~!M.-----~ ' 6G as part of the rotating news section of the ;~::;::L=:"::~:'~:'~':;' website located on the front page.
-_ -_ -
Vote for file best piaysl players ond team of 7011
I VOTE NOW.j
TICKETS & EVHlTS -
IOUf ousmes s 10 nearly m Northeasl
SEASQNTICI(£(' MINI PLANS
Omau TUM Una
Getth.iuod •• caop wHhOtlrolliciaJe-
The Lake County Captains Facebook Fan page has nearly 5,000 likes & the Captains Twitter page has almost 2,000 followers. Social Media Sponsorship options include: • Exclusive Social Media Sponsorship • Facebook or Twitter Sponsorship • Coupons or Special Offers
IMI."'(_lyta~ ",*""".~ _ ........ ~
=-~ ..... ....
... -... ... t-.iI_"'bt>tIt
_~5III>IW_,,",,"'''".'''' .I'hn ......
.... ao-< ... '
1201.,..._ .. _
t_ ....... ,
n.l'Itl....,..~ 101' ............ ~1Aor
• Retail promotions may be tied into a sponsorship or promotion with the Lake County Captains. • An in-store promotion where your customers could win tickets or a ballpark experience encourages repeat business, goodwill with your patrons, and will bring new potential customers to your location. • Skipper is available for appearances year-round whether it is during the season or off-season.
• Premium season ticket packages and seat locations are available for corporate partners, businesses, and individuals. • Season Ticket Holders receive invitations to exclusive events such as Fantasy Day at Classic Park & player meet-and-greets. • Opportunity to purchase a Gold Lot parklngpass at a 50% discount. Season Ticket Holders received a 10%discount in the Cargo Hold and half-priced fountain soda & draught beer. • Early entrance to Classic Park on premium giveaway nights via exclusive gate. • In addition to 70 game full-season tickets, we offer half-season (35 games), 20-game and 12-game packages. • Season Ticket Holders receive complimentary access to The Officer's Club (when available).
• In 2011 Classic Park hosted over 800 group outings and over 31,000group and picnic tickets. • Over 150pre-game picnic parties took place during the 2011 season. • Picnic outings feature an all-you-can-eat buffet with several menu options available for the 2012 season including an open bar option. • Various party areas for groups to choose from including the Left and Right Field Picnic Plazas, our exclusive Suite Level Party Decks, and The Officer's Club- the premier suite at Classic Park.
• Party Suites are the number one choice in client and employee entertainment and are located on the exclusive suite level at Classic Park. • Classic Park features sixteen party suites available for lease and two nightly rentals.
Leased Suites Include:
• • • • • • • Sixteen (16)game tickets Guaranteed giveaway items 50% discount on Gold Lot parking Invitations to VIP events 10%discount in the Cargo Hold FREE concert tickets Use unused tickets for future games