This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1. What is an Object? An object is anything that has been created and takes up disk space. Every thing on the system that can be stored or retrieved is represented as an object. The attribute of an object includes its name, type, size, the date it was created, a short description provided by the person who created the object and the name of the library in which it is stored. Each object has a name. The object name and Object type are used to identify an object. 2. Define Subsystem? The subsystem is a predefined environment through which the system coordinates the workflow and use of resource. The system can contain several subsystems, all operating independently of each other. Subsystem shares resources. The runtime characteristics of a subsystem are defined in an object called subsystem description. 3. What is single level storage? All system storage is addressed in the same way. The user only needs to know the name of the program to run it. The AS/400 system’s virtual addressing is independent of an object’s physical location and type, capacity and number of disk units on the system. Main storage and disk storage appears contiguous. An object is stored and retrieved via a device-independent addressing mechanism. 4. What is job? A job is the basic unit of work on the AS/400.Each activity is done as a part of a job. Each piece of work in a subsystem is called a job. Each job is an identifiable sequence of processing actions that represent use of the system. The job description associated with each job determines the attributes of the job. 5. Mention the types of job? Interactive, Batch, Autostart, Communication, Prestart. 6. Define a Job Queue? Job queues are queues of batch jobs waiting to be processed. 7. Define a Output Queue? Output queues are queues of jobs waiting to be printed. 8. Define a Batch Job? * A user request the job. * The job is created (job name is assigned, job attributes are allocated) * The job is placed on a job queue * The sub system QBATCH takes the job from job queue and starts it. * Output generated by the batch job is placed on an output queue. * The spool sub system prints the output on the output queue. 9. Define an Interactive Job? * A user requests a job. * Job is created and job name, job attributes are assigned. * Job is placed on a job queue. * The sub system QINTER takes the job from the job queue and starts processing. * The output generated by the interactive job is placed on the output queue * The spool sub system QSPL prints the output. 10. How are the objects stored on AS/400? All objects are stored on AS/400 in a single level storage. In this method all objects are referenced by one virtual address which is translated in to a physical address whether it is an auxiliary storage or main memory. Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 1
11. What is a Library in AS/400? A library in AS/400 is an object that serves (acts) as a repository for other objects. 12. Name few IBM supplied libraries? QGPL, QTEMP, QSYS, QUSRTOOL, QCBL, QRPG 13. What are different types of Substems? QBATCH, QINTER, QSPL, QCMN, QCTL, QBASE. 14. What is library list ? A list that indicates libraries used for the process and the order in which it has to be searched System identifies it in *LIBL. 15. How many libraries can be there in library list ? Total 43 System library – 15 Product library – 02 Current library – 01 User defined lib – 25 16. What is Folder? A Folder is a named object that is used as a directory for documents and other folders. Folders can be filed with in another folder. 17. What is Job, What are the attributes of a Job? Each piece of work run in a subsystem is called Job. A Job is a basic unit of work on AS/400. This includes the library list, message logging level, job queue, routing data, assigned or default printer, output priority, and user profile. The attributes are: Job Number Unique system generated sequential number Job Name Any user defined name (Max 10 char) User Name Who initiated the job. 18. What is Job description? A Job description defines an environment in which a batch job or an interactive job to be executed. It provides the initial attributes for a job. Every job has one default IBM supplied job description (Default is QDFTJOBD) (*USRPRF). 19. What is the difference between Interactive & Batch Job? Interactive Job : A Job started for a person who signon to a workstation. Batch Job : A predefined group of processing actions submitted to the system to be performed. Batch job begins, runs & continues to execute instructions without human intervention or control while Interactive job are user driven. 20. What is Group Job? A Group Job is attached to one workstation and a user. There should be an initial group job and it can be branched to many other group jobs. The group jobs can have different library lists and different output, message queues. Group Job is useful in enhancing the programmers productivity. It is as though logging into the same user-id many times. 21. What is a Device file? A device file contains the description of how data is to be presented to a program from a device or vice versa. Device file can be Printer, Disk, Tape and Remote system. Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 2
22. What is an ICF file? A device file that allows a program on the system to communicate with program in other system. 23. What is a message file? It is a file which contains the messages of an application. For example all RPG/400 messages are stored in a file, all COBOL/400 messages are stored in a file. 24. What is a job log? A record of request submitted to system be a job. The message related to the requests, and action performed by the system on the log. The system program maintains it. 25. What is an authorization list? A lists of two or more user Ids & their authorities for system resources. identifies it an object type *AUTL The system
26. What is the Function of PDM? Productivity tool for copying, deleting, scanning, changing & creating source files. 27. What is the use of SDA ? Screen Design Aid is used to create display files interactively. 28. What is the purpose of Level Check parameter in a Physical file? Specifies whether the level identifiers of the record formats in the physical file are checked when the file is opened by the program. 29. What is the function of CPYSPLF command? It copies the spooled file to the data base file. 30. What is the function of CPYF command? To copy the data from the one file to another. 31. What is the function of CRTDUPOBJ command? To create the replica from the original object. 32. What is the CLP command to access a Query/400? WRKQRY 33. What is the difference between production library and test library? In debug mode, the file exists in production library not allowed to update. In the other hand, the file exists in test library allowed to update. 34. What is the purpose of RTVMBRD command? In order to access the information related to member, we can use RTVMBRD command. 35. What is the maximum number of record formats in DSPF? 1024 (One thousand and twenty four) 36. What is the difference between Packed decimal and Zoned decimal? Packed decimal : One digit occupies 1 byte. Zoned decimal : One digit occupies 2 bytes. 37. How do you know that records are locked? By using a command WRKOBJLCK. Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 3
38. Why is AS/400 called Object Oriented Machine? Everything on the AS/400 System that can be stored and retrieved is contained in the object. 39. What is the version of OS/400 that we have? V4R2 (Version 4. 0 Release 2. 0) 40. What is DDM ? Distribution Data Management is a function of the OS/400 that allows an application program or user on one system to use database files stored on remote system. 41. What is Spool file, why is it required? A file that holds output data to be processed, such as information waiting to be printed. 42. What are the two main attributes, which govern the execution of a job? Run time priority and Time slice 43. How do you use DEBUG utility? STRDBG program-name UPDPROD (*YES) 44. How do you grant authority? Using GRTOBJAUT command 45. What are the types of object authorities? *USE, *CHANGE, *ADD, *DLT, *READ, *UPD, *ALL, *EXCLUDE, *OBJEXIST, *OBJMGT, *OBJOPR 46. How do you put jobs in batch mode? SBMJOB 47. What is the use of CRTCMD? To create user defined command. 48. What is class of service? A set of link and node characteristics associated with a session. 49. How to see active jobs of the system. Using WRKACTJOB command 50. How do you detect unused spool storage? Using Reclaim Spool Storage. 51. What are the functions of Remote Job Entry (RJE)? Allows user of AS/400 system to submit jobs and receive jobs from a host system. 52. What is the function of RJE Conversion Utility? It converts compressed data written to an AS/400 database file to decompressed data written to another AS/400 database, diskette, or device file. 53. What process the command SBMRJEJOB does? Sends RJE input stream to host system 54. What is journaling & Commitment Control? Journaling is a function which records the changes in a file in a journal. These record images are used to recover the changes in the file should the system ends abnormally. Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 4
Commitment control is a function that allows you to define and process a number of changes to database files as a single unit (transaction). 55. What is the purpose of STRCMTCTL command? Starts commitment control for files that are being journal led. 56. What are the system objects required for journaling? Journal receiver, journal and PFs to be journal led. 57. What the difference between Source Physical File and Physical File? A Source Physical File contains multiple members. It doesn’t have the access path and we can create maximum of 32,767 members for a single source physical file. A Physical File contains data. We can add maximum 32,767 members for a single physical file. It contains Access path. 58. Explain the purpose of KEEP and ASSUME keywords? KEEP : Keep the display from being deleted when the display file is closed. ASSUME : It is used to specify that the OS/400 program is to assume that this record is already shown on the display when this file is opened. 59. What is SAA? Systems Application Architecture (SAA) is a collection of selected software interfaces, conventions, and protocols that will provide a consistent framework across the System/370, AS/400 and PS/2. 60. What is the function of SEU? A utility for editing programming language source code. DDS - Data Description Specification. Source Physical File contains the source for the various objects created. This file has a specific structure. RPG, CLP, DSPF, PRTF, etc.
UNIQUE, PFILE, REFFLD 61. What does SDA stands for?
Screen Design Aid.
62. What is the symbol used for defining a new field in SDA?
63. What is the symbol used for shifting fields in SDA?
'<' , '>'.
64. What is the symbol used for copying & moving new field in SDA?
'-' & '=='. '-' & '='.
65. What is the symbol used to get name & length of a field in SDA?
'?' . *DATE, *TIME.
66. What is the command used to invoke RLU? STRRLU. Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 5
67. What are different record spacing keywords in RLU? SKIPA, SKIPB, SPACEA & SPACEB. 68. How will you find a string using PDM? By using FNDSTRPDM. 69. How to fire a JOB? SBMJOB. 70. How many levels of security are there on AS/400? There are 10 to 50 level of security on AS/400. 71. What opcode is used for submit job? Why it is used? SBMJOB opcode is used and it is used for background processing. 72. Difference between WRKUSRJOB and WRKACTJOB? All the jobs in WRKUSRJOB are seen including Active jobs where as in WRKACTJOB only active jobs are seen. 73. What are the three levels of SDA? File level, Record level, Field level. 74. How do you shutdown your IBM server? PWRDWNSYS. 75. If your workstation does not show login screen what might be the problem? Problem with some subsystem. 76. You have given a job for printing and you are not getting the printout what might be the reason? Some more pending jobs might be there in Job Queue. 77. There are multiple jobs for printing in job queue and you want to print a important document then what will you do? Change the priority or change the job queue name. 78. How to see the CPU usage? WRKACTJOB or WRKSYSSTS 79. Which Function key should be pressed to define hidden field while you are working with SDA? F4 80. Which function key should be pressed to watch all strings defined on the SDA screen? F20 81. While designing the screen using SDA, which function key should be pressed to get the field from the field reference file? F10 82. From work with member using PDM screen you have to modify existing member using SDA, which option do you select? 17 83. Write system defined function used to place system name on the screen *SYSNAME
Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400
84. While designing the report using RLU, user wants to add record level keyword then which function key should be pressed? F18. 85. If user wants to add one field on the report then which function key should be pressed? F11. 86. SDA: After getting field reference from reference file selected files will appear at the bottom of the screen and then which command function will be used to get it on screen with its label to be left aligned? &3L 87. If user wants to center the company name on his report then which line command will be used? CF. 88. If user wants to change the length of the numeric field defined in report then which combination of keys will be used? F23 & F10. 89. RLU: If user wants to define new numeric field on record format then which line command will be used? VF. 90. Maximum report length is 132, if user is designing a report using RLU? FALSE (378 Max). 91. To change constant field defined on RLU screen which field level keyword should be used? DFT 92. RLU: Which field level keyword should be used to change any numeric field of length 8 to 99.99.9999 format? EDTWRD (‘. . ‘) 93. SPACE and SKIP are FIELD & RECORD LEVEL keywords. 94. SEU shows prompt/syntax checking according to MEMBER TYPE. 95. Using Query, its also possible to create level break reports. TRUE. 96. Using DFU, user will be able to ___________ from Physical File? Add/Update/Selected or all fields. 97. What is the difference between normal UPDDTA to PF and updating using DFU program? Both are same only difference is DFU allows you to add or change selected fields. 98. What is library in AS/400? A library is an object of type *lib that is used to group related objects and to find objects by name. Thus, * a library is a directory to group of objects. * Libraries provide a method for organizing objects. * A library is an open ended directory. * A library can never become “full” as it has no finite size. * Libraries themselves are objects. Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 7
* Libraries reside only in the system library QSYS. * Library cannot contain a library. * QSYS is treated as a library, it is an object of *lib like all other libraries. This library cannot be deleted but it can be replaced during manual Initial Program Load (IPL). 99. Type of Source File & Physical File? Source File : - *PF/SRC Physical File : - *PF/DTA 100. What’s the use of STRPDM? To work with Libraries, Objects, Members & User Options. 101. What is the format of As/400 Commands? Verb Object Qualifier Verb: - action Object: - on which action is performed Qualifier: - identifies your job 102. What is externally described file? A file, which is created externally & described in the program, is called as external described file. 103. What is Qualified & Unqualified path? Qualified path means mentioning object name along with library name while Unqualified path means directly writing the object name. 104. Which path a good programmer should use? Unqualified path. 105. How many types of files are available on As/400? There are 2 types of files on As/400 they are Databases files & Device files. 106. How can you specify no duplicate key? By defining the unique key. 107. How many types of display are available on As/400 for user interaction? 4 Types they are Entry, Menu, Information & List Display. 108. Which is the Primary Editor of As/400? Source Entry Utility (SEU). 109. What are the basic features of SEU? Prompt depending upon type, shows right hand side date & left hand side the line number. 110. What are the different methods to access SEU? Use the Start Source Entry Utility command (STRSEU) Option 8 from STRPGMMNU Through Program Development Manager (PDM) 111. Which are the member types which SEU supports? RPG, CLP, PF, LF, PRTF & DSPF. 112. What is a Spool File? Printed output items placed in an output queue are known as spooled files. 113. Difference between skip before & space before? Skip before leaves the specified no. of lines moving to the next page while Space before leaves Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 8
the specified no. of lines on that page. 114. How can we run a Batch Job? SBMJOB Command. 115. Difference between CALL & SBMJOB? CALL performs interactively job while SBMJOB performs batch job. 116. Maximum number of Records in Display File? 1024 117. What does VLDCMDKEY means? Valid Command Key. 118. What is the error if we don’t get login screen? There is some problem with subsystem. 119. How to run other job when one job is active? Change the priority or rename the job. 120. Which is the subsystem that is always on till the main power switch is off? QCTL 121. What is the command to shutdown the As/400 Server? PWRDWNSYS & Parameter *IMMED. 122. How can we know the CPU utilization of the server? WRKACTJOB (Work with active job) WRKSYSSTS (Work with system status) 123. Which are the libraries (system) always present in the library list? QTEMP & QGPL 124. Which users are allowed to manipulate system libraries? QSECOFR & QSYSOPR 125. Can the objects stored in the product library be modified? No. 126. How many types of objects are there on As/400? 80 127. Types of Object Locks & what they do? There are mainly 3 types of locks they are as follow: *EXCL : Only the routing step holding the lock can use the object *EXCLRD : Routing step can read/update the file other jobs can only read. *SHRUPD : All jobs can read/update the object. 128. How do you place or remove locks on the objects? *ALCOBJ & *DLCOBJ 129. Some of the object types on which locks can be allocated? Data Area, Data Queue, File, Library, Message Queue, Menu &Program. 130. What is the opcode to release all the locks on a particular PF? UNLCK
Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400
131. What is an Output Queue? They are the holding areas that store printed output generated from Batch programs or Interactive applications. 132. What does print writer do? It is a system job that selects files from the output queue & prints Them on a printer. It provides the interface between output queue’s Spooled files & the printer. 133. What are the 2 types of lines on O Specs? Record Identification Line & Field Identification Line. 134. Can a Subroutine contain another Subroutine? Yes. 135. What is a table? A table is collection of data elements in one column, data elements Must be of same type and same length. 136. The members in a Source Physical File contain? Source statements for a program. 137. What is the command to view the library list? DSPLIBL 138. The function key to start SEU session through program development manager is? F6 139. The Member type for an RPG & CL program which SEU supports is? RPG & CLP 140. Printed output items placed in an output queue are known as? Spool Files. 141. When a spooled file is created, it is placed into an? OUTQUEUE 142. The command to display a list of spooled files? WRKSPLF 143. Change in the externally described file does not require recompilation of the program? (True/False) False 144. Command to display current library is? DSPCURLIB 145. Which one of the following has the highest priority Library on top of the library list, Library QGPL, Library on the bottom of the library list & Current library? Current library 146. Consider the following command: WRKOBJ OBJ (*ALLUSR/DBTMEF) Object DBTMEF in all libraries except system libraries. 147. While designing the screen user wants to add file level keywords then which function key is pressed? F14
Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400
148. While designing the report using RLU user wants to add record level keywords which function key is pressed? F18 149. If user wants to add one field on the report then which function key is pressed? F11 150. If user wants to center the company name on his report then which command will be used? CF (Center Field) 151. SEU shows prompt/syntax checking according to? Member Type 152. It is possible to run Query using RUNQRY command? YES 153. Using Query it is possible to create level break report? YES 154. Using DFU user can do which operation? Add, Update & Select fields 155. What is the difference between UPDDTA to PF & updating using DFU? Both are same, only difference is DFU program allows you to add & update selected fields. 156. Which function key should be pressed to define hidden field while you are working with SDA? F4 157. Which function key should be pressed to watch all string defined on SDA screen? F20 158. While designing the screen using SDA, which function key should be pressed to get the field from the FRF? F10. 159. From WRKMBRPDM screen you have to modify existing member-using SDA which option do you select? 17. 160. Write system defined function used to place system name on the screen? *SYSNAME 161. While designing screen F3 function key is kept common for all record formats on which level should it be defined? File level 162. If user wants to change the length of the numeric field defined in the report then which combination of the keys will be used? F23 & F10 163. What is the difference between SKIPB (2) & SPACEB (2)? SKIPB (2) skips 1 page & on the next page after skipping 2 lines space print next while SPACEB (2) skips 2 lines space before printing. 164. RLU: If user wants to define new numeric field on record format then which line command will be used? Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 11
VF 165. Maximum report length is 132, if user is designing a report using RLU? FALSE (Maximum is 378) 166. To change constant field defined on RLU screen which field level keyword should be used? DFT (Default) 167. Space & Skip are which level keywords? Field & Record 168. A Join Logical File has how many Record formats? 1 169. A Multiple format Logical File is also known as? Union File 170. How does Union file maintains Record formats? 1 Record format for each PF 171. What is full form for DDS? Data Description Specification 172. What are members? Members are separate entities within a database file & they are components of As/400 object. 173. A Query can be run in which mode? Batch & Interactive 174. What does DFU program you to do on a record? Insert, Update Delete & File Enquiry. 175. DLCOBJ command is mandatory for removing lock on any object? False 176. What is a Journal? A Journal is an object used primarily to record changes to data in a PF. 177. A program variable coded in an Embedded SQL statement is referred to as? Host Variable 178. What is the command for retrieving user profile attributes? RTVUSRPRF 179. What is the command to display the Data Area “Name”? DSPDTAARA “Name”
180. What is the command to submit the Batch Job? SBMJOB 181. Submitting a job using numeric parameters, the length of the parameter should be? 15,5
Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400
182. Command to retrieve attributes of a job? RTVJOBA 183. Can you debug RPG III program with STRDBG? YES & Vice versa NO 184. What will happen, if we use STRISDB command for RPGLE program? Error: Program type not valid 185. How to validate input values in Display file ? with the help of Validity check key words VALUE, RANGE, COMP 186. Disadvantage of using Validity Check keyword? How to overcome these disadvantages ? If invalid values are entered, The option filed is displayed in reverse image. System defined message is displayed which may not be user friendly. Keyboard is locked, we have to reset it. To overcome above disadvantage validations is done within program and user friendly/defined message is displayed. 187. How to define to define a Hidden filed in DSPF ? Define a filed in a DSPF of use HIDDEN.(H) 188. How To get the cursor position? With the help of RTNCSRLOC keyword, here we need to define a field to get row and column. Length of variable should be 5,0 fixed We can specify *FILED for filed *REC for Record on which a key is pressed. 189. What is the stored procedure and how do you define a stored procedure. A stored procedure is a program that can be called to perform operations that can include both host language statements and SQL statements. Procedures in SQL provide the same benefits as procedures in a hot language. That is, a common piece of code need only be written and maintained once and can be called from several programs. Stored procedures can be used in both distributed and non-distributed applicaitons. It is defined using DECLARE PROCEDURE statement, syntax is as below… EXEC SQL DELCARE P1 PROCEDURE (:PARM1 INOUT CHAR(10)) (EXTERNAL NAME MYLIB/PROC1 LANGUAGE RPGLE SIMPLE CALL WITH NULLS); END-SQL We can have parameters as IN , OUT , INOUT type. Language can be RPGLE, C, CL, etc.. MYLIB/PROC1 this PROC1 is a program written and compiled separately and it is of language which you are specifying in section LANGUAGE.
190. Writing an SQL statement from selecting records from TWO files using single statement and Nested select statement. Using Single statement. SELECT * FROM FILE1, FILE2 WHERE FILE1.FLD1 = FILE2.FLD1 Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 13
Using Nested Select statement SELECT * FROM FILE1 WHERE FILE1.FLD1 EQ (SELECT FILE2.FLD1 FROM FILE2) 191. What is the sequence when using CURSOR? Define Cursor Declare Cursor Open Cursor Fetch record Processing Close Cursor 192. Different type of Cursor? Two types of Cursor Simple / Serial Cursor A serial cursor is one defined without SCROLL key word For serial cursor each row is fetched only once per OPEN When it is opened it is positioned before the first row in the table. To use serial cursor we have to re-issue OPEN 193. Scrollable Cursor which is defined with SCROLL key word. Cursor defined with SCROLL key word Rows of cursor can be fetched many times When it is opened it is positioned before the first row in the table. When the FETCH is issued , the cursor is positioned to the row of the table that is specified by the POSITION option. (FIRST, LAST, PREV, NEXT, RELATIVE) 194. What is difference between Interactive and Batch Job ? job where user interaction is present is called an interactive job. A job where user interaction is not required is called a batch job. 195. What is library list ? list that indicate libraries used for the process and the order in which it has to be searched. For example to find an object system will search in the in the ascending order of libraries mention in library list. 196. What is JOBQ and PRINTQ ? Jobs go into the job queue in order to run in a subsystem. Print queue where the printer files (report) reside and wait for their turn to get printed. 197. How QTEMP is different from other libraries ? It is associated to each job (Other Jobs can't access the other's QTEMP). QTEMP is created when the Job is started and deleted when Job is closed. 198. What is paging? To use main storage very efficiently to run many process simultaneously and to reduce contention for main memory, the system moves only the active part of the object (or all of the object, if there is enough memory) into main storage as it is needed and moves it back into auxiliary storage when it is not needed. 199. What does STRSRVJOB command used for ? It is used to debug the batch programs or debug the interactive program of another job. 200. What is current library?
Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400
When an object is created, the qualified name places the object in the specified library. Otherwise it is placed in QGPL library. Each job can have a current library, which is part of the job’s library list. The current can be specified in the user profile (CRTUSRPRF/CHGUSRPRF). 201. What is user profile? A user profile is an object of type *USRPRF that identifies a particular user or group of user to the AS/400 system. The user is known in the system by a user profile name. When a workstation user signs on, the use Id is used to find the user profile. All AS/400 system security functions rely on the user profile to describe each user. The user profile identifies which objects and functions the user is authorized to use, identifies the first menu the user sees, and also the first program that is to be run when the user signs on the system. 202. ___________ command allows you to list all authorities and all objects owned by a user. DSPUSRPRF This command can be used to dump this data into a system generated database file when the OUTPUT (*OUTFILE) option is taken. 203. What are the types of authority? There are two major types of system authority Special Authority, Specific Authority, Private Authority, Public Authority. 204. What is group profile? A group profile specifies the same authorities to a group of users. A group profile provides a way of specifying the same set of authorities to multiple users by allowing each member to use the authority assigned to the group profile. Once a user is granted member ship of a group profile (by putting the group profile name in the GRPPRF parameter in the GHGUSRPRF and CRTUSRPRF commands) the user will implicitly obtain all authorities associated with the group profile. A group profile cannot be a member of another group. A user may be a member of up to 16 group profiles there can be only one primary group profile. A user’s group authority is only tested if they have no specific authority for the object. OWNER parameter ensures the ownership of objects created by users in the group. 205. What is authorization list? An authorization list is an object of type *AUTL which contains list of users and the authority that each user has to the objects that the list secures. One user’s authority may differ from the authority of another user on the list. If a user on the authorization list also has private authority to the object secured by the list, the users private authority overrides the authority specified for him on the list. 206. What is adopted authority? When a program is created, it can specify that the program always runs under the program owner’s user profile. A user does not need authority specifically given to him for the objects used by the program, but adopts the program owner’s authority. Any user who calls a program, which allows adopted authority gains the same authorities as the owner of the program. When they exit the program, or call another program using the TFRCTL command then they lose the adopted authorities. 207. ___________, _____________ and _______________ are the commands allows you to manage your own batch jobs, all active jobs and jobs by the user respectively. WRKSBMJOB, WRKACTJOB and WRKUSRJOB. 208. An _____________ job cannot return to the job queue. Active job. 209. Mention the categories of information that a subsystem description contains? Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400 Page 15
System attributes, Work entries, Autostart job entries, Workstation entries, Job queue entries, Communication entries, Prestart job entries and Routing entries. 210. A source physical file can be used for holding up to ____________ source members. 32. 211. SEU allows a maximum number of ___________ records in a source member. 32764. 212. _________ key used to obtain system command line with in the SEU screen. F21. 213. Is any way to manipulate user-defined option for Work member PDM Screen? Option 9 in STRPDM. 214. CL as a programming language has a limit of _____ record formats per program. CL as a programming language has a limit of 100 record formats per program. A display file can contain 1024 record formats definition. The RCDFMT parameter allows you to list which record formats you would like to use in your CL program. Otherwise the program would declare the first 99 record formats by default that could be a lot of variables.
Frequently Asked Questions in AS/400
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.