This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
How to make a Waxed Irish Linen Bracelet with sliding knot clasp Materials: Waxed Irish Linen (2 lengths of 20” & 1 length of 24”) Sterling Silver Twist Ring Scissors Tape Measure or Ruler Clip Board
1.Measure and cut (2) 20 inch lengths & (1) 24 inch length of Waxed Irish Linen Thread. 2. Fold one of the 20 inch lengths of thread in half and thread the folded portion through the silver twist ring:
3. Thread the ends of the thread through the loop and pull the knot tight as shown above.
4. Repeat on the other side of the ring with the second 20 inch length of thread:
5. Attach the bracelet either to a clip board or to a piece of wood with a thumb tack on it - as seen below. Now you’re ready to make the sliding knot closure…
To make the sliding knot closure:
1. Loosely cross the ends of the bracelet keeping them
as flat as possible 2. Take the 24 inch length of Waxed Linen Thread that you cut earlier, Put it under the bracelet strands and tie a simple knot around all 4 strands as illustrated below. **Tip-don’t tie your knots too tight- you need this knot to slide back and forth with relative ease.
3. Take the strand on the right and cross it over the top of the 4 center strands 4. Take the strand on the left and lay it on top of the tail of the Right string - forming a ‘P’ shape. 5. Fold the left strand over the tail of the right strand. Pull it under the four center strands and up and through the loop on the right.
6. Pull the Knot Closed
7. Now take the strand on the left, cross it over top of the four center strands 8. Take the strand on the right and lay it over top of the tail of the left strand making a backwards ‘P’ shape. 9. Next fold the right strand over the tail of the left strand. Pull it under the four center strands and up and through the loop on the left.
10. Pull the knot closed. Continue until you have a knot approximately
1 inch long (or longer if you prefer)
11. To close-flip bracelet so that the inside of the sliding knot is facing youTie an overhand knot, followed by a double overhand knot (the same thing as an overhand except with the end tucked in a second time as shown below. Pull the knots tight and trim the excess thread. You can also add a dab of glue for extra security.**Tip-Be sure not to let any glue soak through to the center threads & prevent your closure from sliding.
Lastly you want to knot the two bracelet ends and trim the excess-make sure that you leave enough slack to open the bracelet large enough to slide onto your wrist
Your Finished Bracelet should look like this-
Keep it or give it to a friend-make a wish when you put It on and wear it until it falls off and I’m told your WISH will come true.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Shop: www.TheAdornedArticle.com Learn More: http://theadornedarticleblog.blogspot.com/