P. 1
Colorado Womens Chamber of Commerce Communications Internship

Colorado Womens Chamber of Commerce Communications Internship

|Views: 25|Likes:
Published by DUMediaFilmJourn

More info:

Published by: DUMediaFilmJourn on Jan 17, 2012
Copyright:Attribution Non-commercial

Availability:

Read on Scribd mobile: iPhone, iPad and Android.
download as DOCX, PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd
See more
See less

01/17/2012

pdf

text

original

Communications & Social Media Intern Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce Location: Downtown Denver Industry: Nonprofit Job Level

: Entry Company Description: Our Mission To create an environment and the resources conducive to our members' business success. Our Values We believe in: *Being an extraordinary resource for our members. *Embracing integrity & ethical practices. *Making a difference. *Being inclusive for all women in business. Our Vision The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce is the premier organization that provides opportunities and visibility for women in business through relationship development, education, mentorship, partnership and alliances. Job Description: Hours: 20-25 hours per week Location: 1624 Market St., Suite 340, Denver, CO 80202 Unpaid: possible credit-based or experiential. Brief Job Description: The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce (CWCC) seeks an intern with strong communications, writing and social networking skills. This opportunity is for you if you want real-world experience in managing and enhancing social media business accounts. By the end of the internship you'll have measurable results to include on your resume. Duties may include using new techniques on current accounts and setting up new social media sites and managing them with a focus on community building. You'll also get to write press releases,create flyers and learn about the not-for-profit world. In addition, you'll attend some of our luncheons and special events that will give you access to inspirational speakers and the Denver business community. Job Qualifications: The internship is a great opportunity for those interested in complimenting their degrees with experience in: *Social Media * Marketing * Reports * Data Gathering

* * * * *

Communication Media Relations Public Relations Community Relations Not-for-profit administration

Programs: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office & social media platforms (i.e.Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.). Approximately 80 percent of the internship will be project-oriented, focusing on developing social media, writing press releases, media pitching & data gathering. The remaining 20 percent will be coordinated with various large events organized by CWCC and helping to create marketing packets and basic administrative work. In addition to the projects, the intern will have access to more than 1600 CWCC members in various industries for informational interview opportunities. The position also includes attendance at monthly luncheons, business-after-hour events (optional),and special events hosted by the Chamber. Salary: Unpaid Internship Opening Date: 01/11/2012 Application Deadline: 02/03/2012 How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to info@cwcc.org and be sure and include the job title: Communications & Social Media Intern in the subject line. Website: info@cwcc.org

You're Reading a Free Preview

Download
scribd
/*********** DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! ************/ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)//-->