This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
This file is a compilation of the recipes cooked on ABS-CBN’s Junior Masterchef Philippine Edition. You can access other recipes through http://masterchefph.tv.
Prepared during Dessert Heat by Acee Salangsang
2 1/3 Cups Heavy Cream 2/3 Cup Milk ½ Cup Sugar 3 Pcs. Eggs 3 Pcs. Eggyolks 1 Tsp. Vanilla ¼ Cup white sugar, for torching
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Pre-heat Oven to 300 Degrees Heat Cream, Milk, Sugar, and Vanilla bean in a heavy saucepan until it is almost boiling. In another bowl, using a wooden spoon, beat whole eggs and egg yolks until well combined Gradually whisk in a fourth of the milk mixture into the eggs. Mix Well. Add the Vanilla Syrup and Custard Pour Custard into containers. Place on a baking pan and then add water into it to come midway level of the container. Bake for 20-30 minutes until sides are a bit set. When done, remove custard from water bath and let it cool. Before serving, sprinkle some white sugar and broil until burnt using a blow torch.
Pan-grilled Chicken in Pesto Sauce
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Acee Salangsang Ingredients:
Chicken breast Asparagus Zucchini Basil Garlic Olive oil Pepper Pine nuts Salt Canola oil
1. 2. 3. Put four diagonal slits on the Chicken Fillet. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle Pan with Canola oil and fry the seasoned chicken fillet until golden brown. Do not overcook. For the Pesto Sauce, Wash the Basil and set aside to dry. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth mixture is achieved. Serve with the Pan-grilled chicken.
Prepared during Dessert Heat by Jobim Jalbuena
Butter 250 grams Chocolate 4 Eggs Sugar Vanilla Mint leaves and strawberries for garnish
1. Melt butter and chocolate 2. In another bowl, put 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and beat it with an electric mixer 3. Add the melted chocolate and butter and mix again 4. Coat the mould with sugar then pour the chocolate mixture
Salmon and Spinach Cannelloni (with Caviar)
Prepared during Seafood Heat by Bianca Dimapilis
2 tbsp. Butter 1 small onion 3 cloves garlic 1 can diced tomato White wine 1tbsp. sugar 2 tbsp. Chopped basil 2 tbsp. Butter 1 small onion, chopped 20 grams spinach Anchor cream 1 tbsp lemon juice Ricotta cheese Pour flaked salmon 20 grams Parmesan cheese – (freshly grated from a block of parmesan cheese) Procedure: 1. Boil 3 pcs. spinach lasagna and season with salt & pepper, pour a little bit of oil (read specific cooking instructions for the pasta. Use a timer whenever necessary) 2. Pour water in a small baking dish and place 1 piece salmon (add just enough water to cover the fish). Add white wine and season it with salt and pepper. 3. Cooking temperature for the fish is 145°F. Use a cooking thermometer 4. Prepare the pomodoro tomato sauce (sauté till reduced) 5. Make the filling. Put the pomodoro tomato sauce first on a small baking dish topped with cannelloni. Sprinkle some mozzarella & parmesan cheese. 6. Bake for 10mins
Prepared during Dessert Heat by Caitlin Taluban
1 Cup Rice Flour (To prepare, ground the rice to reach powder-like consistency) 1 Cup Brown Muscovado Sugar 2 ½ Tbsp of Baking Powder ¼ Tbsp of Salt 1 Cup Pure Coconut Milk ¼ Cup Fresh Milk 3 Whole Fresh Eggs 3 Tbsp of Butter Salted Eggs Freshly shredded Niyog Quickmelt Cheese or Quesong Puti Procedure: 1. Combine all dry ingredients except sugar 2. Melt butter in Sugar until both are mixed. 3. Beat 3 Eggs and add in Coconut Milk and Fresh Milk. 4. Slowly combine all ingredients with the dry ingredients. Make sure to Mix in 1 motion/ direction. 5. Bake for 30 minutes. Add Salted Eggs and Cheese and bake for additional 20 minutes. 6. Let the Bibingka rest before cutting. 7. Plate with toppings—shredded Niyog/ Grated Cheese/ Muscovado Sugar Note: *Can also be cooked using a hot pan.
Hot Chicken in Lemon Caper Butter Sauce with Broccoli
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Caitlin Taluban
4 Pcs. Skinless Chicken Breast For the DRY RUB: Salt Black ground pepper Coarsely ground pepper Cayenne Paprika 1 clove garlic Fresh Rosemary (Ground) For the SAUCE: ½ Cup Butter (cold and hard) 1 Tsp. Capers Lemon Juice (from 2 Pcs.) VEGETABLES: Fresh young Broccoli Yellow, red, and green bell peppers (one each, big pcs.) Additional Materials: Plastic Bag/ Zip Lock (For sealing in the Chicken before pounding with the herbs) Mortar and Pestle Procedure: 1. Pound Dry Rub Ingredients using a Mortar and Pestle 2. Place All Dry Rub Ingredients in Plastic Bab/ Zip Lock, add Chicken breasts. 3. Rub Chicken breasts with dry rub mixture
4. 5. 6. 7.
Pan sear or grill chicken breasts for 6 minutes each side (depending on the thickness of the chicken) For the sauce: combine butter, lemon juice, and 1 Tsp. loosely mashed capers. Add Salt, Sugar, and Pepper to taste. For the vegetables: Sauté the bell peppers in butter. Season with Salt and pepper. Plate and serve.
Sugpo with Laing
Prepared during Regional Fiesta Food Heat by Gilbert Go
Garlic Onion Siling Haba Taro leaves Coco milk Coco cream Tinapa (Smoked Fish) Sugpo (Prawns) Salt Pepper Patis (Fish Sauce) Taro Leaves
Procedure: 1. Season prawns with salt and pepper, and set aside. 2. Make coco cream and coco milk and set aside 3. Pan fry the prawns 4. Simmer coco milk and add garlic, onions, and Tinapa. Simmer for about 15mins. 5. Add taro leaves, Sili Haba and let it simmer until coco milk is reduced 6. Add simmered coco cream until thickened. Season with Patis, salt and pepper. 7. Arrange in plate and top with Sugpo.
Bacon-wrapped Chicken Chive Roulade
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Gilbert Go Ingredients:
Chicken breast fillet Salt to taste Pepper to taste Butter Chives, chopped Cream cheese (softened) Bacon strips Procedure: 1. Lightly pound chicken with meat mallet to flatten them to even thickness. Season with salt/pepper and set aside. 2. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese with chive until well combined. 3. Spread cream cheese mixture over flattened chicken breast. Roll up and wrap each with bacon strips. Use enough bacon to cover the chicken. 4. Seam side down, place chicken in greaseproof baking pan and bake in a pre -heated 350 degrees (F) oven for about 40 minutes or until cooked.
Chicken with Spinach Sauce
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Gino Yang
Chicken breast fillet Egg All purpose flour Japanese bread crumbs Salt Pepper Garlic Onion Marsala Fresh spinach Fresh button mushrooms Whipping cream Lemon Vegetable oil Butter
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Pound chicken and sprinkle with pepper and salt to season. Dip in beaten egg, then flour and then breadcrumbs to coat. Fry chicken in vegetable oil. Sauté onions, garlic, and mushroom. Add Marsala. Cook until reduced. Add spinach leaves and whipping cream and continue cooking. Pour over cooked chicken.
Panna Cotta with Syrup
Prepared during Desserts Heat by Gino Yang
Whip cream Sugar Water Wall nuts Gelatin sheets
Soak gelatin sheets in ice-cold water for 15 minutes
For the Sugar Sauce:
Measure 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium flame. When it starts to melt and it gets watery, mix it a little with a wooden spoon. Consistency should be thick. Add ½ cup of water and pour very slowly. Mix and let it set.
For the Panna cotta:
Measure whip cream into a big saucepan. Make sure whip cream is cold. Warm whip cream over flame. Make sure it does not bubble. Add 1 Cup sugar. Dissolve sugar making sure no bubbles form. Add the gelatin sheets that have been soaked in cold water. Let gelatin sheets drip and remove excess water before adding. Once gelatin sheets have been dissolved, strain to make sure the Panna Cotta is smooth. Place in ramekins. Chill until texture is a little bouncy. Plate with walnuts and top with sugar sauce.
Spicy Mediterranean Chicken with Salsa and Flat bread
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Jobim Jalbuena
Coriander seeds Olive oil Red chili Basil leaves Thyme Parsley Salt and pepper Cayenne Powder Turmeric Powder Rosemary leaves Yellow, green, red bell pepper, Tomato 250g Flour
1. Roast Coriander seeds and mash with Olive oil. 2. Cut some red chili, and chop basil leaves, thyme, parsley. 3. Add salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne powder, turmeric powder, and rosemary leaves. 4. Put everything together in a bowl and mix, to be used to marinade the chicken breast.
For the Salsa:
1. Dice the yellow, red and green bell peppers. 2. Dice the tomato. Add olive oil, salt and pepper
For the Flat bread:
1. Mix 250 grams flour, 2 tbsp. salt, 100ml water, rosemary leaves, olive oil and knead the dough 2. Rest the dough for 30minutes. Pan-fry.
Pansit Luglog with Malay-Vietnamese twist
Prepared during Regional Fiesta Food Heat by Kyle Imao
1.59 Oz. Sotanghon (Small Pack) For the CREAM SAUCE 250ML Coconut Cream ½ Tsp. Annatto Powder 2 Tsp. Cornstarch 2 Tsp. Patis For the SHRIMP SAUCE Oil for Sautéing 2 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic bits 1 Tsp. Sugar 6 Pcs. Shrimps, peeled, and diced Juice from Crushed Shrimp heads and skin ½ Cup Water 2 Tsp. Patis ¼ Tsp. Annatto Powder ½ Tsp. Cornstarch GARNISH 1 Small Firm Tokwa (Tofu) ¼ Cup Bean Sprouts 1 Hardboiled Egg 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, minced 1 Whole Shrimp, peeled and boiled with shrimp sauce 1 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic bits 2 Tsp. Spring Onions, minced Additional Cilantro Sprigs for garnish For the NUOC MAM SAUCE:
1 Clove of Garlic, crushed Calamansi Juice (from 3 pcs.) 1 Tsp. Patis 1 ½ Tsp. Sugar ½ Tsp. Spring Onions, minced 2 Tbsp. hot Water Procedure: For the SOTANGHON: 1. Soak Sotanghon in enough water to completely submerge noodles. 2. Boil 2-3 cups of water 3. Blanch softened noodles in boiling water until cooked. 4. Rinse with cold water and strain. For the CREAM SAUCE: 1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring continuously 2. Keep stirring and simmer until sauce thickens then remove from heat and set aside. For the SHRIMP SAUCE: 1. Sauté chopped shrimp, garlic, patis, and sugar in oil. 2. To get the shrimp head extract, place shrimp heads and skin in a blender with little water and pulse until a smooth paste is achieved. Strain with a fine sieve or squeeze out juice with cheesecloth. 3. Add the Shrimp juice with water and annatto powder. Simmer until shrimp is cooked 4. Add cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp. water, continue simmering until sauce thickens. 5. Adjust taste with patis and sugar. GARNISHINGS: 1. Cube Tokwa into ¼ inch cubes or smaller. Deep-fry in hot oil until crispy. Drain with Paper towels and set aside. 2. Finely mince Cilantro sprigs and Spring onions 3. Hardboil egg and slice into rings For the NUOC MAM SAUCE: 1. Combine all ingredients together 2. Adjust the taste of the fish sauce until desired saltiness is achieved. ASSEMBLE DISH BY: 1. Mix Noodles with around 1/3 cup cream sauce and place on center of dish. 2. Create a well in the middle of the noodle twirl and place shrimp sauce into well. 3. Top with Tokwa cubes, fresh bean sprouts, cilantro, spring onions, garlic, egg, and shrimp. 4. Place sauce in a sauce dish and drizzle onto pancit before eating.
Tortilla crusted Chicken with Mexican Rice Pilaf, Guacamole, and Mexican Salad
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Kyle Imao
For the TORTILLA ENCRUSTED CHICKEN Juice of ½ Lime 2 Tsp. Onion Powder 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder ¼ Tsp. Nutmeg, Ground 1 Tbsp. Spanish Paprika Salt, to season ½ Pc. Chicken Breast Fillet ½ Cup Crushed Tortilla Chips ½ Cup Cornstarch 1 Egg beaten ½ Tsp. Salt Oil, for frying For the GUACAMOLE 1 Avocado, Deseeded and Flesh scooped out using a spoon Juice of ½ Lime ¼ Pc. Red Onion, finely minced 1 Pc. Tomato, chopped 3 slices pickled Jalapeno Peppers 2 stalks Cilantro, minced Salt and Pepper, to season For the MEXICAN RICE PILAF ½ cup rice, uncooked 2 Tbsp. Butter
½ cup Tomato Sauce 1 cup water ¼ Tsp. of each: Paprika, Onion Powder, Cumin, Nutmeg, Turmeric For the CHEESE PIMIENTO AND ROASTED PISTACHIO NUT SAUCE 1 Red Pimiento 2 Tsp. Paprika ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded 2 Tsp. Butter ½ cup water ¼ sour cream 2 Tbsp. crushed Pistachio nuts For the MEXICAN SALAD ½ cup Lettuce, shredded (reserve 1 whole leaf for salad bed) ¼ Onion, thinly sliced ½ Tomato, chopped 2 Tbsp. baked or boiled red kidney beans 2 Tbsp. Cheddar Cheese, grated 2 Pcs. Black Olives, sliced 3 Slices Jalapeno Pepper Procedure: For CHICKEN: 1. Marinade Chicken Breasts with first six ingredients 2. Crush Tortilla chips by pulsing in a blender until powdery 3. Beat Egg and season with salt 4. Prepare Batter assembly line by putting cornstarch, egg and crushed tortilla onto individual shallow bowls. 1. Heat Oil for frying 2. Dip Chicken piece first in Cornstarch, then egg, then roll onto crushed Tortilla chips. 3. Fry both sides in hot oil until golden brown or chicken is cooked from the inside. For GUACAMOLE: 1. Combine all ingredients together and give a light stir 2. Adjust taste with more lime and/or salt 3. Add more Jalapeno pepper slices for desired heat. For MEXICAN RICE PILAF: 1. Sauté Uncooked rice in butter 2. Add Tomato sauce, water and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and bring to a boil. 3. Simmer in low heat until rice is cooked and liquid dries out. For CHEESE –PIMIENTO AND ROASTED PISTACHIO NUT SAUCE: 1. Grill Pimiento in open fire or blowtorch until skin burns and flesh softens. 2. Wash off burnt skin of Pimientos, deseed and finely mince the flesh. 3. In a saucepan, combine cheese, pimiento, water, sour cream, paprika and butter altogether. 4. Bring to boil and summer until thick and set aside. For SALAD: 1. Set aside whole leaf or lettuce for bed. 2. Toss all ingredients together and place on top of lettuce bed. ASSEMBLE DISH BY: 1. Place a serving of rice on dish, top with chicken and drizzle cheese sauce over chicken. 2. Place salad and Guacamole on other side of the dish. Garnish with Jalapeno peppers, Cilantro sprigs, and shredded cheese.
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Pork and Fruits Invention Test by Louise Mabulo
1 Nori Wrapper 1 Tbsp. Sesame seeds 4 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar 2 Tbsp. Sugar 1 Cup Rice 1 Yellow Mango 1 Green Mango 1 Whole Apple 1 Orange 1 Lemon 6 Pcs. Bacon Slices 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce 6 Cloves Garlic 1 Onion Cayenne Pepper Salt and Pepper Procedure: 1. Dice Apple and Mangoes and then place in a blender. Blend until smooth, set aside. 2. Mince Garlic and Onion. In pan, put in ½ cup of water, bacon slices, garlic, onion, soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sugar, apple and mango puree, and season with cayenne pepper, pepper, and salt. 3. Wash rice, Ratio is 1:1. Cook over low heat and stir once it boils. Then leave to cook. 4. Zest lemon and orange, then juice. Then cook sesame seeds, add rice wine vinegar and sugar. If vinegar is too strong, add 1 Tsp. water. 5. Once rice is cooked, mix with vinegar. 6. Check on Adobo, once it’s cooked, add orange and lemon juice. Leave to simmer for a bit. 7. Take off heat, and take Nori wrapper, and lay over a sushi mat, shiny-side down. Place rice evenly over ¾ of the Nori. Place one strip on Adobo over the bottom of the mat. Add a bit of sauce and a bit of zest. Roll the sushi. Slice off the edges, then slice into four pieces. 8. Peel the green mango and with a knife, make thin slits in the surface, and peel. 9. Put sushi on a rectangular plate, put a little sauce on top, then top with zest. 10. 10. Serve with the Green Mango.
Laing Stuffed Chicken
Prepared during Regional Fiesta Food Heat by Louise Mabulo
2 Pcs. Breast Chicken (deboned and butterfly cut) 5 Pcs. Taro Leaves 2 Tbsp. Alamang Garlic, minced Onions, minced Ginger, minced ½ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper ¼ Stick of Cream Cheese ½ Cup of Flour 1 Tbsp. Ground Pepper 1 Cup Coconut Milk 2 Eggs All Purpose Cream Toothpick
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Sauté minced Garlic, Onions, and Ginger. Add Alamang Add Coconut Milk and Taro Leaves. Leave until it simmers Mix Ingredients until they perfectly blend together. Season to Taste and set aside Laing mixture to cool Prepare the Chicken (Make sure it’s dry) Place Laing and cream cheese together and roll Use the toothpick to hold the meat together Whisk 2 eggs, and prepare dry batter Soak the Chicken in the egg and roll it in the dry batter. Pan-fry (Make sure that it is pan fried until golden brown) Set aside to rest. 10. Blend All-Purpose Cream, Laing, Cream Chees, Pepper, and salt to make a dip.
Bacon Wrapped Prawns in Aligue Pasta
Prepared during Seafood Heat by Miko Manzano Ingredients:
3 Pcs. Bacon 3 Pcs Large Prawns 1 Stalk Celery (diced) 30g Mozzarella (strips) A pinch of Cayenne Powder 250g Angel hair Pasta 2 Cloves Garlic (minced) ½ pc. Onion (minced) 1 pc. Lemon Salt (to taste) Pepper (to taste)
1. Bring water to boil and cook Angel hair Pasta. Add a pinch of salt and 1 Tsp. of Oil. 2. Pre-heat Oven to 180 degrees 3. Peel and Devein Prawns but keep the Prawn Head and Tail intact. Slightly split the Shrimp’s center and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. 4. Add mozzarella and celery. 5. Wrap the Shrimps with Bacon and place in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes. 6. In a pan, add a bit of olive oil and sauté onions, garlic, and Aligue. Add lemon juice and season to taste. 7. Toss the Angel hair pasta 8. Prepare the dish with the bacon-wrapped shrimps on top of the pasta. Garnish with Spring onions.
Herb Stuffed Frenched Grilled Porkchop with Mango and Plum Sauce
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Pork and Fruits Invention Test by Miko Manzano
2 pcs. French Pork Chop 1 inch 1 tbsp. Ginger, finely chopped 1 tbsp. Spring onion, finely chopped 1 tbsp. Garlic, finely chopped Salt and pepper, to taste For Mango Sauce: Mango Crème For Plum Sauce: Plum Ginger Onion Garlic Procedure: 1. Mix the ginger, spring onion and garlic 2. Make a slit on the porkchops as if making a pocket. Stuff the chops with the herb mixture, season with salt and pepper. 3. Pan grill the porkchop Mango sauce: 4. Puree mango, add cream and reduce Plum sauce:
5. Bring to boil diced plum, minced ginger, onion and garlic. Reduce and strain Garnish with mix greens, pineapple slice and alfalfa and wheat germ
Panna Cotta with Fruit Brunoise
Prepared during Desserts Heat by Nadine Lee Oliver
Ingredients: For the PANNA COTTA:
1 pack unflavored Gelatin (yellow) 160-ml. Cold Fresh milk (cold) 2 ½ Cups heavy cream ½ cup white sugar 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
For the FRUIT BRUNOISE :
2-3 Tbsp. Honey 4 Tbsp. Fresh orange juice 4 Tbsp. Mango, cut into small cubes 4 Tbsp. Strawberry, cut into small cubes 2 pcs. Mint leaves, cut into thin strips
1. Pour fresh milk into a bowl and stir in gelatin powder. Set aside 2. In a saucepan, stir in heavy cream and sugar, set over medium heat. Bring to a boil. 3. Add gelatin mixture into the cream stirring continuously to avoid lumps. 4. Cook for a minute and remove from heat. 5. Stir in the vanilla extract and pour mixture into ramekin dishes or any preferred containers. 6. Let it cool uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. To fasten setting time-carefully
place each ramekin dish under an ice-cold water with ice before refrigerating. 7. Serve cold and top with fresh fruit brunoise.
Pork Medallion with Orange Sauce
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Pork and Fruits Invention Test by Patrick Baldosano
Pork tenderloin Garlic Pepper Fish sauce Bay leaf Fresh oranges White wine
1. Heat 1 Teaspoon oil in a skillet. Add garlic until golden brown. Add tenderloin, ½ cup water, salt and pepper, simmer for 10 minutes and transfer to oven for another 10 minutes.
1. Squeeze oranges (make sure to remove seeds) 2. Combine orange juice, white wine, fish sauce, and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often until sauce thickens. Turn the heat off, season with salt and pepper, pour over the pork tenderloin 3. Zest orange skin, add to the sauce.
Seafood Pasta with Seared Tuna
Prepared During Seafood Heat by Patrick Baldosano
Olive Oil Garlic Onion Basil Mussel Shrimp Scallop Squid Olives Cappers Pasta noodles (spaghetti) Tuna Fillet Salt, Pepper
1. Sauté onions and garlic. Add sea foods—mussel, shrimp, scallop, squid, until cooked 2. Add capers and basil leaves. 3. Season with salt and pepper. (Set aside) 4. Boil pasta noodles until just cooked (al dente) 5. Prepare the noodles and together with the sauce, top with Parmesan cheese, serve with seared tuna.
For the Seared Tuna:
1. Season with salt and pepper, 2. Pan grill each side
Prepared during Dessert Heat by Tricia Baylosis
Custard 4 egg yolks 1 ½ cups condensed milk 4 pcs. calamansi, juice extract Syrup ½ cup Sugar Gelatin 1 ½ cups evaporated milk 3 cups water 1 ½ T alsa powdered gelatin, white 1 ½ T alsa powdered gelatin,red 1 ½ T alsa powdered gelatin,green 1 ½ cups sugar Garnish 2 pcs mint leaves Cocoa or Cinnamon powder
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine egg yolk, milk and extracted calamansi juice. Mix well and set aside 2. In a sauce pan,caramelize ½ cup sugar. In 2 inches dessert ramiken or lianera, place 1/3 portion of egg mixture and cover with aluminium foil and steam for about 20 minutes 3. While steaming, 1/3 of the gelatin mixture of each color to be cooked for 6 minutes, then set aside 4. Once item #2 is done, pour in the gelatin into the desired layering color and Chill for 10 minutes 5. Serve with mint leaves on top or side with cocoa powder or cinnamon
Stuffed Chicken Neck in Vegatable Mango Sauce
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Tricia Baylosis Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breast, deboned, finely chopped 4 Fresh eggs 1 Whole Chicken Neck 4 Quail Egg, Boiled 1 Sayote,chopped 3 Carrots,chopped Cooking oil 1 Cauliflower ¼ size squash 2 Onion white, sliced 1 Red Bell Pepper,slice 1 Green Bell Pepper,slice 3 Ripe Mango 1 Stalk Celery Sugar Butter
1. In a mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients, stuff in the neck and twine at both end 2. Saute cauliflower and squash in butter, set aside 3. Steam chicken neck for 20 minutes and fry after, set aside 4. In a sauce pan, Saute onion, bell peppers together with ripe mango 5. Add celery and sugar, seasoned with salt and pepper, remove from heat 6. In a plate, assemble slice neck, topped with the mango sauce and side dish of veggies.
Chicken with Pesto Sauce
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Philip Amarillo
Chicken breast fillets Basil Pine nuts Garlic Onion Salt Pepper Cream Milk Flour Egg Olive oil
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper 2. Put in the flour and eggs and roll chicken in bread crumbs 3. Heat Oil and fry until golden brown 4. Put the basil in the blender and put pinenuts, onion, garlic, milk cream and oil for the sauce. 5. Add seasonings.
Prepared during Dessert Heat by Judel Bautista
Gulaman (Gelatin) Food coloring-red,yellow,green All purpose cream Condensed milk Fruit cocktail (drained) White sugar Orange (for plating)
1. Using a pan, boil water with gulaman. Add white sugar when mixture is boiling. 2. When consistency is thick enough, equally distribute to three containers and add food color. 3. Set aside for Gulaman to harden. 4. Cut hardened Gulaman into small cubes and place into a container. Add Fruit cocktail with the gulaman. 5. Prepare and boil another set of Gulaman. Add all purpose cream and condesned milk when mixture is already boiling. 6. When thick enough, pour Gulaman into the colored gulaman and fruitcocktail mixture. Layer. 7. Set aside to harden. 8. Serve with oranges on the side (cut into 8 pieces)
Nilasing na Hipon
Prepared during Seafood Heat by Emman Buquid
White wine Flour Salt Pepper Shrimp Canola Oil Tomato Sauce Sugar Water Chili
1. Deshell and devein the shrimps. 2. Marinate with wine for 15 minutes. 3. Coat with flour, salt, and pepper. 4. Deep fry until shrimp is perfectly cooked. 5. For the sweet chili sauce: put tomato sauce in a pan, add water, sugar, minced tomatoes, and diced chilis. Cook in medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
Chicken Adobo Roulade
Prepared during Qualifying Round: Chicken and Veggies Invention Test by Athena Garcia
500 grams Chicken Breast 2 Carrots Spinach 200 grams Bacon Garlic Soy Sauce Vinegar Salt Pepper Sugar Vegetable Oil
1. Saute garlic, carrot and spinach until half cooked. Set aside. 2. Fillet chicken breast and pound until flat. Arrange some of the carrots and spinach in the middle of the breast. Roll the chicken on the bacon and then fry until done. 3. In a sauce pan, put together the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and sugar to make the sauce. Reduce the sauce to 1/3. 4. Slice the breast and arrange it in serving plate, pour sauce over the sliced chicken
Chicken Adobo Sa Gata with Roasted Garlic Chips
Prepared during Elimination Challenge--Adoboriffic by Athena Garcia
Chicken Breast Coconut Milk Soy Sauce Vinegar Garlic Onion Ginger Bay leaf Salt Pepper Fresh Basil leaf
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Sear chicken breast skin side down until lightly brown. Set aside. Slice garlic thinly and fry until golden brown, set aside. Sauté onion and ginger then add coconut milk, soy sauce and vinegar. Let it boil. Add chicken breast and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thick. Serve in a bowl, top with the roasted garlic and basil.
Adobong Basil Pasta
Prepared during Elimination Challenge--Adoboriffic by Emman Buquid
Basil Linguini Pasta Cane Vinegar Oyster Sauce Soy Sauce Sugar Salt and Pepper Pork Cashew nuts Ground cumin Onion Garlic
1. 2. 3. 4. In a pan, sauté onion, garlic, and fresh basil with oyster sauce. Add cane vinegar, a dash of cumin, pepper, salt, a little of soy sauce, water, and chopped pork meat. Meanwhile, bring water to a boil and cook linguini pasta to al dente. Toss cooked pasta with adobo mixture and top with adobo meat flakes and roasted cashew nuts.
Adobong Hito with Thai Salad
Prepared during Elimination Challenge--Adoboriffic by Judel Bautista
Hito Coconut cream Laurel Peppercorn Salt Soy sauce Fish sauce Onion Garlic Green bell pepper Yellow bell pepper Red bell pepper White sugar Lemon Tomato
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Marinate the fish with Vinegar and Salt. Fry and leave to rest until oil completely dries out. Saute garlic, onions, and sprinkle with salt Add Soy sauce, fish sauce, laurel and pepeprcorn. Add the fried fish. In a mixing bowl, chop and mix the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and tomatoes. Season with Fish sauce, lemon, and a bit of sugar to taste. Serve the Fried Hito with the Thai salad.
GALUNGGONG ROLL SA GATA WITH FRIED SOTANGHON
by Jobim Jalbuena
INGREDIENTS: 2 pcs. Galungong 2 Grated Coconut (Niyog) Cabbage Sotanghon Malunggay Leaves Basil Leaves Garlic Ginger Onions 1 cup flour Olive oil
PROCUDURE: For the galungong roulade with gata:
1. Make coconut milk (gata) from the coconut (niyog). Set aside. 2. Blanche the cabbage, then fillet the galunggong. Roll the galunggong in the cabbage. Sautee garlic, ginger and onion and cook the gata. Simmer and add salt and pepper. Cook the galunggong roulade in the gata. Let it simmer and add the malunggay leaves. Fried sotanghon: Put the sotanghon in flour, then deep fry. Malunggay Puree: Put in the blender the malunggay, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper until it’s puree
CABBAGE-WRAPPED GALUNGGONG IN COCONUT CREAM SAUCE
by Acee Salangsang
INGREDIENTS: GALUNGGONG MALUNGGAY COCONUT CABBAGE GINGER GARLIC ONION EGG SALT & PEPPER SOY SAUCE SUGAR BUTTER CREAM BAYLEAF PROCEDURES: 1. FILLET THE FISH. PAT IT DRY AND CUT INTO CUBES. SEASON WITH SALT AND PEPPER. 2. IN A BOWL, MIX ONION, GARLIC, SOY SAUCE, GINGER, SUGAR AND ADD THE FISH. SET ASIDE. 3. BLANCH CABBAGE, PAT IT DRY. PLACE 1 TBSP. OF THE FISH MIXTURE AND ROLL. SECURE WITH A TOOTHPICK. 4. FOR THE COCONUT CREAM SAUCE: SAUTE GARLIC AND ONION IN BUTTER UNTIL SOFT. ADD WATER, COCONUT CREAM, BAYLEAF, SALT AND PEPPER. THEN ADD THE CABBAGE ROLL, COVER AND SIMMER FOR 5- 8 MINUTES AND SERVE WITH CRISPY-FRY MALUNGGAY AS GARNISH.
Galunggong Puffs in Crispy Sotanghon with Oriental Ginger Sauce
by Athena Garcia
Galunggong All-purpose flour Calamansi Egg Sotanghon ginger garlic onion soy sauce Cornstarch Sugar Procedure: 1. Clean and fillet galunggong, season with salt and pepper. Dip in egg then coat with flour. Fry until golden brown. 2. Dip fry sotanghon until crispy and then dry with paper towel. 3. Sauté garlic, onion and ginger. Dissolve cornstarch in water and put in pan together with soy sauce. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste, then simmer until thick.
FISH BALL PATTY WITH MALUNGAY PUREE & CARAMELIZED GINGER
by Bianca Dimapilis
INGREDIENTS: • FISH • VINEGAR • BAY LEAF • ONION • SALT • PEPPER • GARLIC • EGG • FLOUR • MALUNGGAY LEAVES • CREAM • BUTTER • GINGER PROCEDURE: 1. POACH FISH WITH A LITTLE BIT OF VINEGAR, BAY LEAF, QUARTERED ONIONS SEASONED WITH SALT AND PEPPER 2. SIMMER FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES & COOK THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FISH AND SEASON IT AGAIN 3. CHECK YOUR FISH FROM TIME TO TIME WHILE DOING YOUR MISE EN PLACE, DO NOT OVER COOK. ONCE COOKED, REMOVED FROM HEAT & FLAKE IT 4. POUND 4 CLOVES OF GARLIC 5. CHOP HALF SIZE OF THE ONION 6. FLAKE THE FISH DISCARD BONES THOROUGHLY AND SET ASIDE USING ANOTHER CLEAN CONTAINER AND BEAT 1 EGG AND ADD 1 CUP FLOUR. 7. COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND MAKE A FISH BALL PATTY OUT OF IT. DREDGE IT WITH FLOUR ON THE LAST PART AND DEEP FRY TILL LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN) 8. REMOVE MALUNGAY LEAVES FROM THE STALK AND PREPARE 1CUP OF IT 9. CHOP 1 PC. ONION 10. ADD ½ CUP ANCHOR CREAM AND 2 TBSP. BUTTER 11. SAUTÉ ONIONS WITH BUTTER TILL TRANSLUCENT. ADD THE MALUNGAY LEAVES AND SAUTÉ TILL IT GETS SOFT THEN
SLOWLY POUR THE CREAM MIXING CONTINUOUSLY TO PREVENT CURDLING. 12. PEEL OFF GINGER SKIN AND THINLY SLICE THE GINGER AND CUT IT INTO FINE JULIENNE STRIPS 13. PUT 2 TBSP OF OIL AND SAUTÉ YOUR GINGER WITH SUGAR TILL GOLDEN BROWN. DRY IT WITH PAPER TOWEL AND SET ASIDE. 14. PUREE YOUR MALUNGAY ONE MORE TIME BEFORE PLATING TO CREATE FROTHY TEXTURE. 15. PUT YOUR PUREE MIXTURE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FISH BALL PATTY & GARNISH WITH CARAMELIZED GINGER
GALUNGGONG MEATBALLS IN SOTANGHON SOUP
by Caitlin Taluban
INGREDIENTS: GALUNGGONG NIYOG (COCONUT) SHREADED & BUO WITH JUICE GINGER MALUNGGAY MONGGO SOTANGHON EGGS CHOCOLATE (LOCAL) BITTER SWEET /BLOCKS USED FOR BAKING REPOLYO CALAMANSI STAPLES USED: SALT PEPPER GARLIC ONION SOY SAUCE SUGAR PROCEDURES: • BOIL GALUNGGONG WITH WATER SALT AND CRUSHED GINGER. • DEBONE AND SET MEAT ASIDE. • MAKE MARINADE TOYO ASIN SUGAR KALAMANSI MINCED GARLIC & ONION AND BLACK GROUND PEPPER. • CHOP MALUNGAY LEAVES. MIX ALL OF THESE INTO BALLS. • MAKE SOUP BY USING STOCK FROM GALUNGGONG • ADD SOTANGHON (AFTER SOAKING IN WATER) AND CABBAGE. • GARNISH WITH SLICED BOILED EGGS.
CABBAGE ROLL IN COCONUT MILK
by Emman Buquid
INGREDIENTS: - GALUNGGONG - CABBAGE - COCONUT MILK - BIHON - QUAIL EGGS - MALUNGGAY LEAVES - GINGER PROCEDURE: 1. Clean galunggong. 2. Rub galunggong with salt and pepper, steam. Set aside. 3. Flake galunggong meat. 4. Prepare coconut milk, quail eggs, and bihon. Blanch cabbage leaves. 5. Saute onion, garlic. Add coconut milk. 6. Lay mixture of flaked galunggong meat, cooked quail eggs, malunggay leaves, and bihon in cabbage and roll. 7. Put cabbage rolls in sautéed coconut milk. Sprinkle few malunggay leaves.
GALUNGGONG PATTY IN CREAMY MALUNGGAY SAUCE
by Gilbert Go
INGREDIENTS: Galunggong Cabbage, shredded Eggs, slightly beaten Flour Oil for frying Malunggay Coco cream Salt/pepper Ginger, sliced PROCEDURE: 1. Seasoned galunggong with salt/pepper 2. heat oil put ginger then fry the fish until golden brown, when cooled flake fish. 3. combine cabbage, fish, eggs, salt pepper, flour 4. make into a patty, then fry until cook 5. simmer coco cream for about 5mins, add malunggay leaves seasoned with salt/pepper 6. with the use of blender blend malunggay cream mixture. 7. serve in a platter
FISH FILLET OVER GINATAANG NOODLES
by Gino Yang
INGREDIENTS: Galungong Calamansi Flour Cooking oil Onions Garlic Patis Malunggay leaves Sotanghon Coconut cream PROCEDURE: Soak sotanghon in water. Fillet the fish. Sprinkle calamansi and salt. Fry. Sautee onions, garlic and some of the cooked fish fillet. Add the drained sotanghon and malunggay. Add the coconut cream and let boil until sotanghon is cooked.
Ginataang Galunggong W/ Sotanghon
by Iain Johnston
INGREDIENTS: 6 pcs Galunggong Fillets 1/2 cup soaked softened Sotanghon 1 1/2 cup pure coconut Milk 1/4 cup Oil 4Tbs white minced onion 1/2 Tbsp grated Ginger Salt to taste 6 pcs of Cabbage leaves ( Blanced ) 3 Tbsp of Patis 1/2 Tsp sugar Procedure: 1. Wash, pat and dry the fillets and season it with a pinch of salt then fry for 1 minute each side. Set aside. 2. Heat a small sauce pot, add 4Tbsp of oil, add onion, ginger. When onion is soft add coconut milk and patis. Simmer in slow fire. 3. Meanwhile, wrap each fillet with the cabbage and sotanghon. Sealed with toothpick. 4. Add the wrapped fillets in the simmering coconut Milk and let it boil for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Serve while they’re hot:-)
MIKA’S HEALTHY BREAKFAST
by Mika Tanaka
INGREDIENTS: GALUNGGONG MALUNGGAY COCONUT CABBAGE SOTANGHON EGG TABLE PROCEDURE: 1. Linisin ang galunggong at hiwain ito sa parteng likod, iwasang mahiwa ang parte ng tiyan. 2. Ibabad ang daing sa suka, asin at paminta ng 10 minuto. makalipas ang pagbabad ay handa na itong iprito. 3. Isunod ang pag gawa ng malunggay bread.Siguraduhing buksan ang oven sa 350F. ihanda ang all purpose flour, itlog, gatas, asukal at malunggay na hiniwa ng pino. Pagsamasahin ang lahat ng sangkap at ito ay imasa. Iporma ng pabilog na kasinglaki ng isang pandesal. Panadaliang i-rest ito ng 5 minuto. Pagkatapos ay isalang na ito sa oven at ibake ng 30 minuto. 4.Paraan ng paggawa ng malunggay omelllete. Magbati ng 1 itlog, 1 tbsp malunggay, 2 tbsps milk, at kaunting asin. Pagsamasamahin sa binating itlog ang lahat ng sangkap at ito ay iprito. 5. Paraan sa paggawa ng Hot Choco Drink. Magtunaw ng chokolate, ilagay ang gatas, asukal. iluto ito hangagang sa bahagyang lumapot. iluto ito ng 5 minuto.
MALUNGGAY RAVIOLI WITH GALUNGGONG FILLET
by Miko Manzano
INGREDIENTS: MALUNGGAY GALUNGONG GINGER BAY LEAF COCONUT MILK FLOUR SALT OLIVE OIL PROCEDURE: 1. FILLET THE GALUNGGONG, SEASON WITH GINGER, SALT AND PEPPER 2. FRY THE GALUNGGONG FILLET FOR THE RAVIOLI 3. MAKE DOUGH. MIX FLOUR, SALT, WATER. REST FOR 10 MINUTES USE ROLLING PIN THEN CUT INTO 6 CIRCLES FOR THE RAVIOLI STUFF 4. SAUTÉ GARLIC, ONION, COCONUT MILK, CHOPPED MALUNGGAY 5. BRING TO BOIL, REDUCE, STRAIN, SET ASIDE THE SAUCE
GOLDEN GALUNGGONG IN CRISPY NOODLES
by Patrick Baldosano
Ingredients: -galunggong -malunggay -coconut milk -Sotanghon noodles -ginger, onion, garlic, fish sauce Procedure: 1. Fillet the galunggong 2. Marinate with garlic, fish sauce, vinegar for 5 minutes 3. Pan grill until cooked Coconut sauce 1. Saute garlic, onion, ginger. Add coconut milk and small amount of vinegar, season with salt and pepper, add the malunggay leaves. 2. Pour over the galunggong and crispy sotanghon. Crispy sotanghon 1. Wash sotanghon in tap water 2. Deep fry until golden brown Top sotanghon with coconut
MONGGO SOUP WITH FRIED GALUNGGONG
by Philip Amarillo
Ingredients: ➢ Galunggong ➢ Monggo ➢ Gata ➢ Miswa ➢ Malunggay ➢ Onion ➢ Garlic ➢ Salt ➢ Pepper ➢ Oil ➢ water Procedure: 1. Boil the monggo 2. Mash the monggo 3. Sauté the onion and garlic 4. Add the mashed mongo and water 5. Pour the gata 6. Add miswa 7. Season with salt and pepper 8. Add malunggay leaves 9. for garnishing, deep fry the miswa and the malunggay leaves
PAN FRIED DUCK WITH DARK SAUCE
by Bea Atienza
INGREDIENTS: DUCK BREAST SALT PEPPER BUTTER BALSAMIC VINEGAR RED WINE PROCEDURE: 1. WASH DUCK. SEASON WITH SALT AND PEPPER. RUB SALT AND PEPPER ON THE DUCK. 2. PAN FRY THE DUCK. MAKE SURE NOT TO OVERCOOK IT. THE DUCK HAS TO BE PINK ON THE INSIDE. 3. IN A PAN, PUT BUTTER AND SWIRL IT AROUND THE PAN. ADD THE BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND RED WINE THEN REDUCE. 4. PUT DUCK IN A SERVING PLATE AND DRIZZLE WITH THE REDUCED BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND RED WINE SAUCE.
by Emman Buquid
INGREDIENTS: - DUCK BREAST - GROUND CUMIN - SALT - GROUND BLACK PEPPER - POULTRY SEASONING - ORANGE MARMALADE - HONEY - ORANGE LIQUEUR PROCEDURE: 1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. 2. Pat duck breast dry. Lightly prick duck skin surface several times with a fork to help fat cook out. 3. In a small bowl, combine salt with the other seasonings and season the duck. 4. Insert a pop up thermometer in the thicker part of the breast. 5. Place duck in preheated oven and turn down heat to 374 degrees F. Roast for about 25 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. 6. In a bowl, stir together glaze ingredients. About 10 to 15 minutes before duck is done, pour glaze over duck and finish cooking . 7. Let duck rest, tented with foil for 5 to 10 minutes before carving .
SPICY SALTY DUCK
by Gilbert Go
INGREDIENTS: Flour Chilli powder Chilli flakes Peanut oil Bok choy Oyster sauce Sesame oil Red chilli/ sili labuYO Fresh Coriander leaves Lemons, sliced PROCEDURE: 1. Place a bamboo steamer over a saucepan of boiling water. Steam duck breast skin side up on heatproof plate for 10 minutes or until duck breasts are slightly undercooked. Allow to cool. 2 Combine flour, chilli powder, chilli flakes and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add duck breasts to mixture and coat well. 3 Heat oil in large frying pan over a medium heat. Add duck breasts skin-side down and pan fry for 4-6 minutes until skin is rendered. Turn and cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Rest loosely covered for 5 minutes. 4 Heat peanut oil in a medium frying pan, add bok choy and cook for one minute. Remove from heat and drizzle with oyster sauce and sesame oil, stir to coat. 5 To serve, thickly slice duck, arrange on a serving plate with bok choy and garnish with chilli, shallots, lemon cheeks and coriander leaves.
Duck Red Curry w/ Lychees
by Iain Johnston
INGREDIENTS: 500 grams boneless Duck breast ( Cut into i inch cubes ) 5 cloves garlic 1 1/2 Tbsp Red curry powder 3 Tbsp fresh yellow ginger/Galangal 8 pcs shallots chopped 4 red chillies ( labuyo ) 1 large Red bell pepper ( cut into 6 wedges ) 1 Tbsp turmeric powder 1 Tbsp Spanish paprika poder 1 1/2 Shrimp paste 8 Tbsp Coriander/Cilantro leaves ( Chopped ) 6 pcs Kaffir leaves 2 cups Coconut Fresh Milk (of 1 whole coconut ) 1 tsp Fish Sauce / Patis 100 grams fresh basil leaves ( washed ) 10 stalks of Lemon grass ( Soft Parts ) 260 grams Lychees ( Canned ) Juice of 1 yellow lemon Sugar to taste salt to taste 6 Tbsp oil 1 medium white onion ( Minced ) Procedure: 1. Season duch meat with a pinch of salt then set aside. 2. In a food processor, put the garlic cloves, yellow ginger, shallots, red chillies, turmeric, paprika, shrimp paste, coriander leaves, kaffir, fish sauce, half of the fresh basil and lemon grass. Pulse the food processor for few seconds or until paste mixtures is very smooth.
3. Heat up a large pot, add oil, onion stir for 30 seconds then add the paste mixtures keep stirring for 2 minutes then add the duck meat, keep stirring cover for 5 minutes then add the coconut Milk. Let it simmer for 20 minutes, keep stirring occasionally then add the rest of the fresh basil leaves and the Lychees, cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes then add the bell pepper. 4. After 3 minutes add the lemon juice and salt and sugar to taste.
East Meets West (Seared duck breast with duck spring rolls and candied orange)
by Jobim Jalbuena
INGREDIENTS: DUCK RICE WRAPPER HOISIN SAUCE SOTANGHON CARROTS CELERY MINT BASIL CILANTRO ARUGULAS ORANGE PROCEDURE Place the duck in room temperature pan to render the oil. Cook until seared and finish in the oven. Cut into medallions. For the duck spring rolls: In a rice wrapper (which was not available at that time, sadly), put in strips of duck, a dash of Hoisin sauce, sotanghon, carrots, celery, mint, basil and cilantro). Top it with micro arugulas. Candied Orange: Boil orange zest in water. Heat a pan with sugar and add the orange zest then mix
ROASTED DUCK TINOLA
by Kyle Imao
INGREDIENTS: ROAST DUCK 1 PC DUCK BREAST, SKIN AND FAT ON 1 TSP FIVE SPICE POWDER 1 TBSP SESAME OIL SALT AND PEPPER TINOLA CONSOMMÉ 500ML CHICKEN STOCK DUCK BONES & NECK (OPTIONAL) 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED 2 TSP GRATED GINGER 1 PC ONION, MINCED 1 TBSP SESAME OIL 2 TSP PATIS ½ MEDIUM GREEN PAPAYA, PEELED AND SLICED 1 BUNCH SILI LEAVES, STEMS REMOVED 1 EGG WHITE, SLIGHTLY BEATEN HAINAN RICE 1 CUP JASMIN RICE, UNCOOKED 1 TSP GARLIC, MINCED 1 TSP GRATED GINGER ½ PC ONION, FINELY MINCED 1 TBSP SESAME OIL 2 STALKS LEMONGRASS (WHITE PART ONLY) 4 PANDAN LEAVES 2 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK ½ CUP COCONUT CREAM 2 TSP PATIS GINGER SAUCE 2 TBSP SESAME OIL
2 TBSP GRATED GINGER 1 TBSP SPRING ONION, MINCED 1 TSP CILANTRO, MINCED ¼ TSP SALT SAVORY SAUCE 2 TBSP ROASTED GARLIC 1 PC LARGE WHITE ONION, FINELY MINCED 3 TBSP SOY SAUCE 2 TBSP SUGAR 3 TBSP WATER GARNISHES ¼ CUCUMBER, THINLY SLICED CROSSWISE CILANTRO SPRIGS PROCEDURE: FOR THE ROAST DUCK 1. CUT SLITS ON THE DUCK SKIN TO EXPOSE FAT BEING CAREFUL NOT TO SCORE THE MEAT. 2. SEASON THE DUCK WITH FIVE SPICE, SALT AND PEPPER. 3. PAN SEER DUCK IN NON STICK PAN, SKIN SIDE DOWN FOR AROUND 3 MINUTES TO MELT DOWN FAT AND CRISP SKIN. 4. TRANSFER TO BAKING DISH AND FINISH OFF IN OVEN FOR 6-8 MINUTES, SKIN SIDE UP. 5. REST FOR 4 MINUTES AND CUT TO 1 CM THICK SLICES. FOR THE HAINAN RICE 1. SAUTEE ONION, GARLIC AND GINGER IN SESAME OIL. 2. ADD RICE AND STIR UNTIL OIL IS ABSORBED BY RICE. 3. ADD CHICKEN STOCK, COCONUT CREAM, PATIS, LEMONGRASS AND PANDAN LEAVES. 4. BRING TO BOIL AND SIMMER UNTIL RICE IS COOKED. 5. TAKE OUT LEMONGRASS STALK AND PANDAN LEAVES. FOR THE TINOLA CONSOMME 1. SAUTEE ONION, GARLIC AND GINGER IN SESAME OIL. 2. ADD AND BROWN DUCK BONES & NECK IN SAUTEE MIXTURE (OPTIONAL) 3. ADD PATIS AND CHICKEN STOCK, BRING TO A BOIL AND SIMMER OVER LOW HEAT 4. ADD GREEN PAPAYA SLICES AND SIMMER UNTIL PAPAYA IS COOKED. 5. BLANCH SILI LEAVES IN STOCK. 6. REMOVE PAPAYA AND SILI LEAVES; WASH IN COLD WATER TO ARREST COOKING, SET ASIDE. 7. DROP IN BEATEN EGG WHITE IN STOCK TO CREATE A FOAM ON THE SURFACE OF THE STOCK, CONTINUE TO SIMMER. 8. CREATE A HOLE ON THE EGG FOAM AND GET THE BROTH USING A LADLE. 9. PASS THE BROTH THROUGH A CHEESECLOTH TO OBTAIN CONSOMMÉ. FOR GINGER SAUCE 1. SAUTEE GINGER IN SESAME OIL UNTIL FRAGRANT, ADD SPRING ONIONS AND SALT. 2. REMOVE FROM HEAT AND SET ASIDE. FOR SAVORY SAUCE 1. DEEP FRY ONIONS UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN. 2. REMOVE EXCESS OIL, ADD GARLIC, SOY SAUCE WATER AND SUGAR. 3. SIMMER UNTIL SAUCE REDUCES TO A THIRD. 4. REMOVE FROM HEAT, DIVIDE INTO TWO AND PULSE ONE HALF OF THE MIXTURE IN A STICK BLENDER. 5. COMBINE THE SAUCES AGAIN IN A SAUCE PAN, BRING TO A QUICK BOIL AND TURN OFF HEAT. SET ASIDE.
TO ASSEMBLE DISH 1. PLACE HAINAN RICE IN A SEPARATE BOWL 2. PLACE CONSOMMÉ IN A SEPARATE BOWL OR GRAVY BOAT. 3. IN A SHALLOW BOWL, ARRANGE SILI LEAVES FANNING OUT FROM CENTER OF PLATE. 4. HOLD DOWN THE STEMS OF THE LEAVES WITH GREEN PAPAYA SLICES. 5. ADD CUCUMBER SLICES ON TOP OF PAPAYA SLICES. 6. PLACE 1 TBSP GINGER SAUCE ON TOP OF CUCUMBER SLICES AND TOP WITH ROAST DUCK SLICES. 7. POUR SAVORY SAUCE ON TOP OF ROAST DUCK. 8. GARNISH WITH A SPRIG OF CILANTRO. 9. POUR CONSOMMÉ ON BOWL UP TO LEVEL OF PAPAYA SLICES ONLY BEFORE SERVING.
DUCK TIDBITS IN POTATO AND CHEESE SAUCE
by Patrick Baldosano
Ingredients: -duck -potatoes (medium size) -oyster sauce -cheddar cheese -butter -green onion -garlic -onion -ginger Procedure: 1. Saute garlic, ginger, oyster sauce. Add the duck. Boil for 15 minutes then transfer to oven. 2. Roast the duck, cook for 15 minutes or until duck is cooked through, cool and mince. Potato 1. Boil potatoes until cooked or tender, cool for a minute then skin 2. Peel off skin carefully (preserve for deep frying), mash, then add butter, milk, cheese, salt and pepper 3. Arrange the minced duck inside the potato skin, garnish with green onion, bake for 3 minute
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.