- How an Acid Diet Makes (and Keeps) You Fat!
- Another Reason Why High Protein Diets Are
- Fruits and Veggies - What Science is Saying
- 3 Strategies to Prevent Overeating at Christmas
- The Benefits of Antioxidants
- Attention Men...Just Another Reason to Avoid Dairy!
- Those Damn Running Blisters OR How to Heal Skin
- Meat Linked to Colon Cancer
- Want to Lose Weight? Boost Your Metabolism! Here
Are 5 Ways
- Skin Healthy Foods for the Summer
- Are You Too Acidic?
- 7 Nutrition Secrets for Great Abs
- Eat Greens for Fat Loss
- Why Green is King
- The Food Label Fallacy
- Heart Health Alert!
- How to Test Your Body's pH Level
- Why You Are Addicted to Certain Foods
- Want to Lose Weight? STOP Eating Sugar!
- Hot Weather Hydration
- Why Eating Raw Foods Will Help You Lose Weight
- Prevent Cancer by Eating Berries
- Is Fish Oil Really Better Than Flaxseed Oil?
- Move Over Fish Oil – Vegans Bring in the Spirulina
- Are Cacao Nibs the Same as Cacao Powder?
- Dehydration is Detrimental to Resistance Exercise
- Top 3 Ways to Curb Your Sugar Craving
- 3 Signs That Your Body is Too Acidic
- My 3 Secrets to Having More Energy
- Diet for Underactive Thyroid
- Natural Organic Foods Less Healthy Than Non-
- Just Because You're Vegan Doesn't Mean You're
- The Truth About Michael Phelps' 12,000 Calorie/Day
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Pre-Workout/Competition Meal Recipes
- Calcium Nutrition - The Best Calcium Foods
- Raw Food Diet Made Easy
- Listeria - Just Another Reason to Avoid Meat!
- Lycopene – Whole Tomatoes or Supplements?
- Eating to Reduce the Signs of Aging
- Cold Remedies - How to Get Over a Cold Naturally
- Fight the Flu Naturally
- 5 Tips for a Healthier, Stronger Core
- Resistance Band Workout
- Do I Still Burn Fat When I Exercise Intensely?
- Ask the Expert
- Making Exercise Part of Your Daily Lifestyle
- Advanced Core Workout
- 4 Minutes to "Fabulous" Abs
- 5 Keys That Will Unlock Your Door to Exercise
- 4-minute Cardio Blast Workout
- More Motivation to Help Make Exercise a Habit
- The Biggest Cardio Myth...Finally Exposed!
- How to Get Strong and Sexy Legs
- Best Type of Cardio for Burning Fat
- How to Get 6-Pack Abs
- Bodyweight Workout for Beginners
- Fat Loss Interval Training for Beginners
- Fat Loss Circuit Training Workout
- Is the Exercise Ball Really Useful for Core Training?
- Fat Burning Cable Workout
- "Core of Steel" Workout (BOSU ball)
- 3 Secrets to Visible Abs They Won’t Tell You About!
- The Best Way to Burn Calories
- Beginning Runners - How Often to Run per Week???
- Can You Build Muscle Using Resistance Bands?
- Is Interval Training Best on the Treadmill or Outside?
- Strength and Fat Burning Outdoor Workout
- Fun Strength Training and Cardio Outdoor Workout
- Recent Study Reveals Women Burn More Fat Than
- What is the Best Type of Interval Training to Burn
- Interval Training for Runners
- Top 10 Reasons to Use Interval Training
- Top 10 Ab Exercises for a Strong Core
- Why it's Tough to Lose That Baby Fat
- Why it's Harder for Women to Lose Weight
- Interval Training Workout
- Exercise Intensity, Fat Burning, and the “Afterburn”
- High Intensity Interval Training Program - Week #2
- Top 5 Workout Items to Bring While You Travel
- High Intensity Interval Training Program - Week #3
- Another Interval Training Blast from the Track
- Interval Training Workout - Week #5
- Home Workouts 101
- Cardio Before or After Strength Training?
- The 5 Best Weight Loss Tricks
- About Fat Burning - Did You Know...?
- Study Links Muscular Strength to Lower Mortality in
- 7 Ways to Make Exercise a MUST
- Treadmill Workouts to Boost Your Metabolism
If you enjoy your daily dose of yogurt, milk, and cheese then you may want to
reconsider after recent research has shown a fairly significant relationship
between dairy calcium and prostate cancer.
Not only is dairy the most acid-forming of all food types but now a massive study
published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition of nearly 21,000 men
found that those who consumed more than 600 mg of calcium daily from dairy
products had a 32% higher risk of prostate cancer than those who consumed no
more than 150 mg of calcium per day over an 11 year period.
To give you some perspective, 2% cow's milk contains 120 mg calcium/100 g
serving. This amount of calcium pales in comparison to many plant sources
including kelp (1,200 mg/100 g serving), broccoli (130 mg/100 g serving), and the
mother-of-all sesame seed (1,160 mg/100 g serving).
So if you're thinking about good calcium sources then look to green coloured
vegetables and sesame seeds. These are far better and much healthier for your
If you're concerned about your bone health then the best advice I can give is to
engage in weight-bearing exercise, eat more green vegetables, and enjoy up to
20 minutes of natural sunlight each day. Ensure to get enough vitamin D and K
along with calcium from non-dairy foods or supplements.
I almost forgot to mention that dairy can build up to 1 gallon of mucus in the
human body! It is also highly processed and fortified with all kinds of hormones
and other steroids (if non-organic).
Remember, the National Dairy Council has massive influence on our society. We
have been brainwashed to believe that milk is actually good for us. What a joke!
To learn more about calcium and how to make it work for you then grab a copy of
my book - Eating for Energy. It just may save your bones!
101 Ways to Total Wellness
Copyright 2008 Yuri Elkaim, BPHE, CK, RHN