This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Are you a leader? Give some examples. Are you a natural leader or a natural follower? Are you able to lead others? Are you more of a leader or follower? As a department manager, how would you establish staff rapport? Can you lead a group of (__) employees to complete a task? If so, give an example or explain. 8. Can you instruct a group of employees without feeling intimidated? 9. Can you take instruction without feeling upset? 10. Can you take instructions without feeling upset or hurt? 11. Can you take instructions/criticisms without feeling upset? 12. Can you take instructions? 13. Can you work with direct supervision? 14. Define cooperation. 15. Describe an incident in which you had to discipline a subordinate. 16. Describe an incident in which you had to give a verbal warning to a subordinate. 17. Describe how you are mentoring an employee. 18. Describe how you supervise other employees. 19. Describe how you would discipline a subordinate for tardiness. 20. Describe how you would discipline a subordinate for missing work. 21. Describe how you would discipline a subordinate for missing a deadline. 22. Describe how you would discipline a subordinate for inappropriate behavior. 23. Describe the (best/worst) manager you have ever had. 24. Describe the (best/worst) subordinate you have ever had. 25. Describe the ideal supervisor-subordinate relationship. 26. Describe the relationship that should exist between a supervisor and subordinates. 27. Describe the toughest (manager/subordinate) you have ever had. 28. Describe your approach to management or supervision. 29. Describe your management philosophy. Have your disappointments helped you improve yourself? 30. Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Why? 31. Do you have a unique approach to management or supervision? 32. Do you have job performance appraisals? 33. Do you have the attributes of a good manager? 34. Do you need direct supervision? 35. Do you publicly disagree with your supervisor? 36. Do you report to more than one supervisor? 37. Do you require close supervision? 38. Do you see yourself as more technically or management oriented? 39. Do you sometimes get flustered when working with supervisors?
40. Do you supervise others? 41. Do you think you have the personality to be a (manager/supervisor)? 42. Do you think you would make a good (manager/supervisor)? Why? 43. Do your subordinates come to you with personal problems? 44. Explain an instance when you used your leadership skills to solve a problem. 45. Explain how you have used your skills to resolve a conflict between your boss and a coworker. 46. Explain how you have supervised others. 47. Explain how you have worked successfully with a team. 48. Explain how you motivate others to work more efficiently. 49. Have any employees you have mentored been promoted? 50. Have you ever had to make decisions when your supervisor was unavailable? Explain. 51. Have you had any supervisory experience? Explain. 52. Have you held any leadership responsibilities? Explain. 53. Have you mentored (anyone/a subordinate)? 54. Have you supervised any subordinates? Explain. 55. How closely are you supervised? 56. How closely do you supervise others? 57. How closely have your past supervisors managed you? 58. How closely would you supervise an employee who was having difficulty? 59. How did the employees you hired work out? 60. How did you get along with your last supervisor? 61. How did your boss rate your job performance? 62. How do you communicate with your subordinates? 63. How do you communicate with your superiors? 64. How do you delegate responsibility? 65. How do you establish rapport with your subordinates? 66. How do you establish rapport with your subordinates? 67. How do you feel your supervisor could have done a better job? 68. How do you get along with superiors? 69. How do you handle leadership? 70. How do you supervise your staff? 71. How do you think that supervisors and subordinates should act toward one another? 72. How do you think your boss or a co-worker would evaluate your current job performance? 73. How good are you at personnel management? 74. How have past managers gotten the best out of you? 75. How have you selected any subordinates you’ve had in the past two years? 76. How many employees do you supervise? 77. How many employees have you mentored? 78. How many immediate subordinates have you removed from their jobs recently? 79. How many levels of management did you interact with? 80. How many people are you comfortable supervising? 81. How would you characterize your leadership and use of authority? 82. How would you deal with a subordinate who violated a company policy? 83. How would you decide who to fire? 84. How would you define your management philosophy? 85. How would you discipline a subordinate?
Tell me about an experience where you had to manage people conflicts at work — could you describe an incident like this? 101. What qualities make the best manager? 124. What are the most important attributes of a good manager? 105. What management positions have you held? 121. In what respects have you improved as a supervisor in the past few years? 97. What is the title of the person who you report to. Tell me about the worst boss you’ve ever had. How would you organize your staff if you managed this operation? 92. 103. How would you go about terminating an employee? 89. How would you handle a supervisor challenging one of your decisions? 90. What kind of boss/supervisor do you prefer? 119. 100. What are the qualities that are most important to a manager? 106. Tell about your leadership skills? 99. What is your opinion of your current boss? 116. how do you view yourself on taking initiative? 96. What are your team-player attributes? 108. What steps would you take to terminate an employee who is not performing adequately? . What do your subordinates consider your strengths? 111. What do your subordinates think of you? 112.86. What quality should a successful manager possess? 126. What is your management philosophy? 115. How would you go about creating a plan for your department if you were the boss? 88. Tell me more than your resume does about managing our department — for example. How would your subordinates describe you? 94. 102. In relation to others. and what were his or her responsibilities? 114. What kind of boss do you prefer? 118. In what ways do your leadership skills show? 98. How would you handle reporting to more than one supervisor? 91. What qualities do you think a successful manager posses? 123. how do you handle acquisitions? 104. Tell me about the best boss you’ve ever had. What challenges have you faced in a leadership position? 109. What are you looking for in a supervisor? 107. What leadership positions have you held? 120. What factors do you think have contributed to your effectiveness as a supervisor? 113. What organizational techniques do you use to manage your workload? 122. 127. What role do you take ina group situation? Give examples. What is your opinion of your last boss? 117. How would you typify your relationship with your former boss? 93. What qualities should a successful manager possess? 125. What did you dislike about your supervisor? 110. Tell me about a time where you had to stand firm and make a tough or unpopular decision in order to maintain the standards you had set. How would your supervisor describe your leadership abilities? 95. How would you evaluate your present employer’s weaknesses? 87.
How does you present employer communicate with others in your department? 14. Do you know how long we have been in business? 10. 129. What do you know about our competitors? 30. What do you know about the way our campany (works/operates)? . Do our competitors do things that we should be doing? 7. What do you know about our products? 32. Was there anything your company could have done to be more successful? 19. Tell me what you know about (our/this) company? 18. What do you know about our stock? 34. Describe our company for me. Do you have any questions about (our/this) company? 9. 5. Tell me how you found out information about (our/this) company? 17. Do you know what products we make? 11. What are the greatest challenges that this company faces? 24. 3. What about our company do you like best? 20. Describe our corporate environment for me.128. What do you know about our products or services? 33. 133. How would you evaluate your present employer’s strengths? 16. 136. 134. 132. What What What What What What What What What techniques do you use to motivate people? type of supervisor brings out the best performance in you? was the best boss you’ve ever had? was the worst boss you’ve ever had? would you look for in hiring people? For this job? would you say about a supervisor who was tough to work with? would you say about a supervisor who was unfair? would your former supervisor say about you? would your past supervisors tell me about you? Knowledge of Company 1. What direction do you think this company is headed in? 26. What do you know about our customers? 31. What do you know about our web site? 35. How could you have prevented your (judgmental) errors? 12. 135. Do you have any concerns about working here? 8. What do you know about (our/this) company? 28. Describe your work (methods/processes) in comparison to ours? 6. 4. 131. What concerns do you have about this company? 25. How do you think our company determines success? 13. Describe our (products/services). What about your present employer (do/did) you like best? 21. What advantages do you think we have over our competitors? 23. What advantages do you think our competitors have over us? 22. What do you dislike about our company? 27. What do you know about (our/this) operation? 29. Are your work practices similar or different from ours? 2. 130. How was your company management viewed by your subordinates? 15.
How did you get summer jobs? 18. What 39. How did you get your previous jobs? 22. How did you get your last job? 21. Are you still employed? 3.36. How do you rank your current job with others that you’ve held? 31. How did you find your current job? 16. How did you prepare for this interview? 27. How does this job compare with any other jobs you’ve applied for? . How did you plan to interview? 26. What 42. How do you interview while still employed? 29. How did you get promoted in your last job? 17. How did you feel when you started your last job? 15. Do you know much about our company? 6. How did your previous jobs relate to his position? What did you learn from them? 28. What 41. Are you looking for permanent or temporary work? 2. 4. How do you spend most of your time in your current job? 32. How badly do you want to get this job? 13. What 45. Does your current employer have any policies that you consider unfair? 7. Have you had any other interviews? 10. How did you learn about this job? 25. What 43. How do you think this industry works? 33. What 46. How did you get the time off to interview? 19. What Job Search do you know about this position? do you think are the challenges facing this company? do you think are the greatest challenges facing this company in the near future? do you think it takes to be successful in a company like ours? do you think it takes to be successful in our company? do you think the atmosphere here is like? is the financial stability of your last company? questions do you have about our organization? would make someone successful in our business? is the (best/worst) thing you have heard about (our/this) company? is the (best/worst) thing you have heard about (our/this) department? 1. How did you happen to apply for this job? 23. What 40. What 44. How did you do your most (interesting/boring) job? 14. How did you get your first job after college? 20. Describe to me what you’re looking for in a job. How are you conducting your job search? 12. How do you manage to interview while still employed? 30. What 37. For what period of time do you envision yourself working with us? 9. What 38. Have you seen our Web site? 11. Does your current employer know that you are interviewing for another job? 8. How did you hear about us? 24. Do you have any objections if we check former employers for references? 5.
62. Tell me what you know about this organization [company]. How long have you been looking for a job? 38. and they like you. What can you tell me about our customers? 70. In what type of position are you most interested? 53. How long would you plan to work for this company? 42. 61.34. why are you looking for another job? 51. What can you tell me about our products? 71. What has caused you to change jobs so frequently? . In what type of position are you interested? 52. May (I/we) contact your (current) employer? 58. What about your current job do you find the most unpleasant? 63. What can you tell me about our company goals? 68. How long have you been unemployed? 41. What are you looking for in a job that you do not have in your current job? 66. why haven’t you brought your concerns to their attention? 50. Tell me what you’re looking for in a job. What exactly do you do for a living? 78. How many interviews have you had? 44. What can you tell me about our company? 69. What do you like least about this job? 77. What criteria are you using to interview employers? 74. How many offers have you received? 45. 59. What do you find least interesting about this job? 75. How does this job fit into the goals of the department? 36. How does this job fit into the goals of the company? 35. If you have these complaints about your current company. How long have you been looking for a new job? 39. Tell me your career goals. In what type of position are you most interested? Why? What do you know about this field? 54. Tell me why you left your last job. What are the disadvantages of your chosen field? 65. How would you define your profession? 49. In what ways did you prepare for this interview? 55. What do you find most interesting about this job? 76. 60. How long has your current job search lasted? 37. What are you looking for in a job? 67. What criteria are you using to evaluate this company as a potential employer? 73. May I contact some of your references? 56. How long would you stay with us? 43. How many other companies have you interviewed for? 46. What criteria are you using to evaluate the company for which you hope to work? 72. How many other positions have you applied for? 47. How long have you been looking for another job? 40. What are some of your reasons for considering other employment? 64. May we check your references? 57. If you’re happy with your current employer. How soon could you begin work? 48. What factors are important to you in a job? 79.
recognition. What type of career are you looking for? 98. 99. challenge. Why did you decide to seek a position with this company? 116. Who made you the job offer? 109. What will be the determining factors in choosing a job? 101. What interests you most about this position? 82. What’s your present job like? 102. What is missing from your last job that you’d like to see in this one? 83. Why do you want to leave your current employer so soon? 124. summer or volunteer? What was special about that job? 100. Why do you think you would like this particular type of job? 119. Tell me more about your work at ___). What is more important to you. Why are you seeking a position with this company? 115. this position? 112. Why are you interested in this position? 113. Why are you interested in our company? 111. When can you start working? 103. What makes this job different from your others? 92. whether paid-time. What other firms are you talking to and why? 93. What story could you tell me that would make you stand out from the other candidates? 96. Why are you interviewing with us? 114. What is your present position? 88. Why do you want to be manager? (or Why a ______?) 122. For what kind of position? 110. Why do you want to change positions? 123. What jobs have you held? 90. When did you leave your last job? 104. What interests you most about our position? 81. What research have you done on our firm and on our industry? 95. What is our corporate culture like? 85. Which of the following matters most in deciding to take the job: money. Where else have you applied to? 106. or responsibility? 107. What the most important thing you’re looking for in a job? 97. What was your most meaningful job. Why do you want to leave your job if you like it so much? . What is the silliest thing you’ve ever done? 87. Why do you want this job? What are you looking for from this job? 120.80. What type of position do you have now? (or What exactly do you do at ___? Or. Why did you interview with this company? 118. full-time. Where did you learn about this job? 105. the money or the type of job? 84. Why did you leave your last (employer/job)? 117. What job do you like doing the least? 89. Why do you want this position? 121. What jobs have you held? How were they obtained and why did you leave? 91. What position are you most interested in? 94. What is the biggest mistake you ever made in selecting a job? 86. Why are you interested in this company. Who made you a job offer? 108.
Did you set goals for next year? 7. Is this an indication that you’ll be moving around a lot throughout your career? 139. Would you rather go to another company? 138. How did you decide on your goals? 25.125. You’ve changed jobs quite frequently. Why do you want to work for us? 128. what assurances do we have that you will stay with us? Goals 1. How did you set goals for next year? . Have you ever thought of completely changing your career? 18. How did you reach goals you have set so far? 27. How are your goals different from those of your supervisor? 21. Why didn’t you complete any internships? 132. Do you set your own goals? 17. How are your present goals different from those of ten years ago? 20. Describe an unusual goal that you have? 2. Do you have financial goals? 10. why not? 8. Do you have things you would like to accomplish in life? 15. Why do you want to leave your present job? 126. Why would you like this line of work? 136. You’ve been with your current employer for a very short time. Did you have goals that you were unable to (accomplish/complete/carry out)? 5. Did you have an impact on your company’s goals? 4. How did you choose your last employer? 22. Do you have goals for learning how to use the latest technology? 11. How did you have an impact on your company’s goals? 26. Do you achieve all of the goals you set? If not. Why would you want to work here if I hired you? 137. Why have you changed jobs? 135. How did you choose your career? 23. How did you decide on this profession? 24. Why do you want to work in a job for which you are overqualified? 130. Why have you changed jobs frequently? 133. Do you have goals to become a manager? 12. Do you see yourself doing your supervisor’s job? 16. and for our company? 131. Why have you changed jobs so frequently? 134. Did you reach goals you have set so far? 6. Do you have goals to become an expert in any particular field? 13. Why do you want to work for me? 127. Why do you want to work in this industry. Do you have political goals? 14. Describe your most significant goal? 3. Why do you want to work here? 129. Have you recently developed any new goals? 19. Do you have any unconventional goals? 9.
What are your goals for the next year? 66. What are your long range career objectives? How will you achieve them? 71. What are goals you would like to accomplish in working with other people? 53. If your boss’ job became vacant. How is your current position a stepping stone to the advancement of your career? 33. If you get hired. What are your career plans for the future? 63. How do you accomplish your most (important/significant) goals? 31. What are some things you had planned but were unable to accomplish? 58. How. How have your goals changed since you finished shcool? 36. What are your other goals? 73. What are goals you would like to accomplish in the next year? 50. How has working for your employer changed your goals? 34. What are goals you would like to accomplish in your current job? 52. on a long-term basis. What are your future career goals and how do you hope to achieve them? 62.28. If you stay with your current employer. How have your career goals changed over time? 35. What are other goals you wish to achieve? 56. How. What are your career goals for the future? 61. What are your (most significant) career goals? 60. If you could start your career over. 47. What are some of your (most significant) goals? 57. would you apply for it? 45. Tell me about your most important long-term goals. what do you think you will be five years from now? 44. do you plan to achieve your goals? 40. What are your goals and your plans for reaching them? 65. what will happen to your career? 43. What are your goals for the rest of this year? 67. How did your accomplishments in last job relate to the goals of your company? 30. How many goals do you have? 38. What are your future vocational plans? 64. 48. What are your long range career objectives? 70. What are some things you would like to accomplish in life? 59. Our company has a mission statement that provides direction. What are financial goals you would like to accomplish? 49. How have your goals changed since you started working? 37. on a short-term basis. Tell me about your career goals. How did you start in this line of work? 29. What are goals you would like to accomplish in this profession? 51. what would you do differently? 42. when and why did you establish these goals and how are you preparing yourself to achieve them? 68. How do you set (important) goals for yourself? 32. What are your long term goals? 72. What are your personal five-year goals? . What is your mission statement? 46. do you plan to achieve your goals? 41. What are your long range and short range goals and objectives. How often do you set goals for yourself? 39. What are your long range career goals? 69. What are goals you would like to accomplish with your life? 55. What are goals you would like to accomplish with your current employer? 54.
What kinds of career goals have you set? 96. 5. 2. What is your career objective? 94. What do you want to do with your life? 89. 10 years? 86. What are your professional five-year goals? 77. When do you change your goals? 103. Where would you take your department if you got this position? 107. What are your short-term and long-term objectives? 80. Describe your experience working with computers. What do you want to be doing five years from now? 88. What are your personal short-term goals? 76. What types of goals are you most anxious to accomplish? 99. What is your long-term goal with relation to your occupation? 95. Where do you see this company going? 104. What have you learned from that mistake? Describe your current job for me. What educational goals do you currently have? 90. What goals. What are your short term and long term career goals? How are you preparing yourself to achieve them? 78. What do you really want to do in life? 85. . Where do you see yourself five years from now? Ten? 106. other than those related to your occupation. What do you hope to be doing five years from now? 83. Would you want to do your boss’ job? Experience/Responsibilities 1. have you established for yourself for the next 10 years? 98. Are you experienced in making presentations? Can you describe a typical day at your (last/current) job? Describe a mistake you made. What would you like to be making in 3 to 5 years? 102. What do you see yourself doing five years from now. What are your short-term and long-range goals and objectives and how have you prepared yourself to achieve them? 79. What do you see yourself doing five years from now? 87. What are your short-term career goals? 81. other than those related to your career. Where do you see yourself next year? 105. have you established? 97. Describe your experience handling telephones. What are your personal long-term goals? 75. What goals. What would you like to be doing in two years? 101. What would you like to be doing in five years? Ten years? 100. What goals have you set for yourself? Why did you choose these? 93. 3. What goals have you accomplished recently? 92. What do you plan to do in the coming year? 84.74. 6. Who sets your goals at work (you or your supervisor)? 108. What are your short-term goals? 82. 4. What goals do you want to achieve within the next five years? 91.
11. What experiences have influenced you? 35.7. What have you learned from your extracurricular activities? 45. What experience do you have with (____)? 28. Have you handled fiscal duties? 14. What jobs have you held? . What experience do you hope to gain from this position? 30. Describe your experience working with difficult people. What have you learned from your (education/college)? 43. What experience do you have? 26. What experience did you gain from your internships? 23. Have you made presentations? 15. What experience do you have working with (other/difficult) people? 29. What have you learned from your mistakes? 48. How much experience do you have with (____)? 18. What have you learned from your (previous/current) job? 47. What have you learned from some of the other jobs you have held? 42. 8. Have you served in the military? 17. What are your (major/primary) responsibilities? 22. Describe your experience working with money. What experiences have taught you the most? 37. What experiences did you gain from your (previous/current)? 33. What experience do you have for this job? 24. How much experience do you think someone should have in this position? 19. What experience do you have with computers? 27. What are the responsibilities of your position? 21. What is your typical day? 53. Do you have military experience? 12. What experiences have benefited you the most? 36. What experience do you have in making oral presentations? 25. What have you learned from your jobs? 46. What have you learned from your experiences? 44. What experiences led you to choose this occupation? 38. What experiences led you to choose your career path? 39. Have you given any (speeches/presentations)? 13. What have you learned from some of the jobs you have held? 41. What have you learned on your current job? 49. What experiences did you gain from college? 32. How many years have you used (____)? 20. What experiences did you have in the military? 34. Describe your typical workday. What have you learned from participation in extra-curricular activities? 40. What is the least relevant job you’ve taken? 51. What experience do you think makes the best employee? Manager? 31. What is your level of experience with (_____)? 52. Have you made presentations before large audiences? 16. 10. 9. Describe your experience working with numbers. What is an example of a working relationship outside of your company that you’ve handled successfully? 50.
Are you interested in continuing your education? 4. Are you going to take evening classes? 3. Do you feel your college choice was the correct one? 14. What are your plans for furthering your education? 17.54. Which are the most important (functions/divisions) that you control? 62. Are you going to go back to school? 2. would you change anything about your education? 16. When were you in the military? 60. 2. Are you planning to continue your education? 5. Do you have plans for graduate work? Are you willing to relocate or travel? 11. What kind of projects using typing/word processing skills have you done? 56. What was the most important lesson you’ve ever learned? 57. Which of your jobs presented the best (learning) experience? 63. How long have you been in school? 6. Are you in school now? 2. What kind of projects using leadership skills have you done? 55. Can you take classes in (_____) to improve your skills at work? 15. 4. Do you have a college degree? Do you have a college education? Do you have an advanced degree? Did you drop out of collge? If so. Where were you stationed in the military? 61. Future 1. Do you have plans for continued study? 10. Do you plan to return to school to pursue additional education? 12. Did you take any classes recently? . Do you feel your choice of major was the right one? 13. why? What did you do during the time you were not in shcool? 5. Tell me about your educational background. 3. Do you have any plans to continue your education? 7. Do you have plans for continued study and/or an advanced degree? 9. What was the most interesting job you’ve had? 58. Are you planning to go to graduate school? 6. Why didn’t you continue your education? 18. Now that you’ve had some real-world experience. Would you consider obtaining a higher educational degree for job advancement? Current 1. Do you have plans for additional education? 8. What work experience has helped you the most? 59. With which departments did you interact most with in your first position? Past 1.
Have you ever taken any training for work? 4. How has your education prepared you for a career? 11. What was your favorite subject in school? 23. What were your strongest subjects subjects at school? What were your weakest subjects? 27. How did college prepare you for this position? 6. How did you choose your course of study? 8. What specifically have you been doing since you entered this field? 10. What did you learn in college? 18. 15. Have you ever taken any classes recently? 4. What was your most favorite subject in school? 26. What relevant training have you received? 19. What subject did you like the most? Why? 21. What type of education has best prepared you for this career? 22. Are you planning to change majors? 2.3. How does your degree prepare you for this position? 9. What courses have you taken in school that give you special qualifications for this position. Why did you choose your major? Motivations . How does your education prepare you for your chosen field of work? 10. What seminars have you taken recently to stay on the top of your field? 9. 17. How is college preparing you for your career? 13. What was your least favorite class in school? Why? 24. How did you choose your field of study? 7. Have you had courses in (____)? 5. Did you change your major in college? 3. What classes have you taken recently? 6. How will your degree help you to succeed? 14. What subject did you dislike? Why? 20. Why did you choose your field of study? 30. When did you decide on your major? 28. What classes have you taken recently to stay on the top of your field? 7. How are you improving yourself? 5. Tell me about your course work. Why did you choose to be a business major? Do you think you have received good general training? Majors 1. What was your least favorite subject in school? 25. What educational goals do you currently have? 8. Why are you majoring in ____? 29. How has your education prepared you for this career? 12. What college subjects have you liked best? Why? Least? Why? 16.
2. Why did you decide to get this degree and attend this university? 18. Why did you choose your (college/university)? 16. Are your grades an accurate reflection of your academic achievement? Are your grades a good indicator of your true ability? Are your grades reflective of your work? Are your grades reflective of your intelligence? Did your rank in school reflect your achievement? Do you agree that grade point average is an indication of how successful you would be in this company? 7. In which classes did you get the worst grades? 5. Do you take advanced classes? 2. Which of your school years was (the most) difficult? Achievement/Grades 1. Why did you decide to go to grad school? 19. Which classes did you find useful? 8. What courses did you enjoy? 9. How can your college education be useful on the job? 3. How developed are your skills in this area? 4. why not? . university education? 12. Is there any class you have completely disliked? Why? 7. Why did you go to the school you attended? Strengths/Weaknesses 1. Who is your favorite professor and why? 15. 4. Why did you drop out of college? 20. Which courses did you like least? 10. 5. What courses do you like the best? The least? Why? 10. 6. Do you like going to school at (____)? 6. Which courses in college did you like best? Why? 11. What correlation do you see between grades in school and success in the workplace? 6. Did you like the courses you took for this field? 3. 3. Did you have a favorite teacher? 2. Did your college education challenge you? 5. Did your college challenge you? 4. What did you learn from your high school. What classes have you enjoyed the most? 8. What was your most favorite subject in school? 14. What did you learn about yourself in (_____) class? 11. What do you like the most and least at school? 13. Do you feel you have done your best work? If so. Why did you choose your major? 17. What were your biggest problems in college? 7.1. Which classes did you like the least? 9. why? If not. Which courses would you like to take if you go back? 12.
Which were your best classes? 27. Do you think that your grades are a good indication of your ability in (____)? 11. What kinds of educational goals have you set? 24. How did you rank in you graduating class? 17. What is your GPA? 21. Should we consider your grades? 19. How were your college expenses financed? 13. Did your college education change you? 5. In what school activities have you participated? 14. What is the (Grade Point Average) GPA for your major? 20. Has your education prepared you for this position? 16. What were your grades and class standing? 26. Are you willing to spend at least six months as a trainee? 3. Do you think your grades are a good indication of your intelligence? 13. What was your most difficult class? 25. What would you do differently if you were to start college over again? . Are you glad with your selection of schools to complete your studies? 2. Do you think that your grades are a good indicator of your academic achievements? 12. What kinds of grades did you get in this area? 23. What are a few of your most memorable experiences from college? 17. Can you attend training on weekends? 4. What is your overall GPA? 22. How do you find time to study? 9. What else did you do while you were in college? 19. Which were your most useful courses? 28. Do you think your education has prepared you for this position? 15. How much influence did your family have on your college choice? 12. Was this school your first choice? 16. Is there anything you have been involved in at college that you are really proud of? 15. What other areas of preparation do you have for this position? 20. Which were your worst classes? Extra Curricular 1. How did you pay for your college education? 6. How did your college education change you? 7. Do you feel your grade point average is an accurate indication of your academic achievement? 9. How do you feel about spending time on weekends at work? 8. What percentage of you college expenses did you earn? 21. What were your responsibilities in your university activities? 22. Do you think your grades are an accurate indication of your academic achievement? 14. How have you changed since you started college? 10. What did you do during your summers between semesters? 18. Do you grades reflect your scholastic achievement? 10.8. How have you financed your college education? 11. How do you feel about your GPA? 18.
23. Are you creative? 3. 4. How would you get subordinates who didn’t like each other to work together? 6. Describe a (recent) situation when you worked in a team environment. What is the most creative thing you did on your last job? 9. Describe a (recent) situation in which you had to quickly establish your credibility and gain the confidence of others. What was your most creative idea? 11. Would you prefer routine or creative work? Why? Behavior 1. 7. What did you do ? 13. Are there any physical limitations which you have that would limit your performance in this position? 2. Are you an innovator? 2. Describe how you have been able to apply something you learned from your degree program to a real-life or work-related situation. 11. What are some innovations you’re particularly proud of? 7. Describe a conflict with an employee and how you handled it. What are some of the most creative things you have done? 8. Describe a (recent) situation in which it took several tries or approaches before you were able to figure out what was going on. A fellow employee told you what his/her salary is and wants to know yours. Who paid for your education? Disability 1. Describe a (recent) situation in which you asked for help? 10. What did you do ? 12. Do you consider yourself creative? 5. Describe a (recent) situation when you were able to identify a conflict between two individuals and were instrumental in the solution to that conflict. Describe a (recent) project in which you failed? What did you learn from this? 8. Describe an important goal you have set and tell me how you reached it. . Describe a work situation in which you were not proud of your performance. Did you implement any new procedures in any of the positions you’ve held? 4. What did you learn from this mistake? 5. Describe a (recent) situation in which you asked for advice? 9. How would you react and what would you do? (situational) 2. Describe a complex problem you solved. 3. Have you any serious illness or injury? Creativity 1. When did you decide to go to grad school? 24. 6. What new products are we working on now? 10. Describe a (recent) situation when you didn’t know who you needed to speak with in an organization too get something done. (skills) 14.
Describe how your (office/department/company) is organized. Do you feel you can assist others in their jobs? 37. Describe a time when you simplified or clarified a situation by putting your finger on the key issue. 31. Describe a time when you organized a project where your directions were vague? 22. How many hours can you work in a week? 48. 20. How do you complete a boring job? 46. Describe a (recent) situation that you just couldn’t handle. 26. 19. 24. Could you tell me how you did it? 53. Describe situations you have been under pressure in which you feel you have handled well. Describe a (recent) situation when miscommunication created a problem on the job. How would you ask for advice? 51. How did you handle it ? 21. 30. How would you ask for help? 52. how would you deal with it? 40. how often? 43. Describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty. Describe techniques you’ve used with great success in your field. 32. Explain how you overcame a difficult situation. difficult or impatient people. Have handled rude. Tell me about that? . Have you ever been late for work? If so. 16. 34. Have you ever been absent from work? If so. Describe how you have handled rude. 39. Describe a (recent) situation in which what was really going on with someone else was much more complicated than it might have seemed on the surface. Do you feel you can ask for help? 36. 17. Describe how you would handle rude. Describe a time when you accomplished a difficult goal. Finish this sentence: Successful managers are the ones who…. Have you prepared and communicated ideas and information in a formal setting? 45. Have you ever managed people in the positions you’ve held? 35. I notice you failed your second year initially. Has competition had any positive or negative impact on your achievements? How? 41. 25. 38. difficult or impatient people. 18. Describe projects that have required accuracy and attention to detail. Describe a time when you accomplished a challenging goal. Given a situation when you disagree with your supervisor. Describe projects you have been involved in the last few years. Describe a time when you had to take on something very new or different and you had little or no guidance and support in doing so. how often? 42. How many hours do you usually work in a week? 49. 23. 27. How many hours a week does it take you to get your work done? 47. How many hours do you work per week? 50. Describe how you work under pressure. 29. Describe a time where your performance went above and beyond expectations. You effected considerable organizational changes in you last position. Describe a (recent) situation on your last job that you did not handle as well as you might have. 33.15. Do you anticipate problems effectively or just react to them? 28. Describe a (recent) situation when you were confronted by a difficult problem and how you solved it. difficult or impatient people? 44.
Do you have initiative? 4. Have you ever accomplished something you did not think you could? 6. How do you feel about that? 56. Tell me what initiatives have you undertaken recently? 11. Your supervisor left an assignment in your ‘in’ box. 57. what assurances do we have that you will stay with us? Achievement Past 1. What challenging experiences have you had? 17. then left town for a week. 60. What would you define as a satisfactory attendance record? 64. Tell me about a particularly difficult or awkward conversation you needed to have with someone? 59. How have you shown initiative? 7. What are the five biggest accomplishments of your life? 15. Tell me about accomplishments of which you are the most proud. you can’t reach him and don’t understand the assignment.54. What would you do? 66. Have you ever accomplished something difficult? 5. Do you enjoy working on difficult projects? 2. Please tell me a situation where you were very stressful and how you handle it. What challenging accomplishments have you had? 12. 10. Is this an indication that you’ll be moving around a lot throughout your career? 68. You’ve been with your current employer for a very short time. Looking back now. 63. Please give me an example of your experience in staying late to finish a project. 61. What are some examples of important recommendations or decisions you’ve made recently? 13. Now. is there anything that you could have done to improve your relationship with that one bad boss? 55. How have you shown willingness to work? 8. Please tell me a situation where you were in a dilemma to make a decision and how you dealt with it. When have your verbal communications been important enough to follow up in writing? 65. What are your major accomplishments? Your failures? Your disappointments? 16. What role do you take ina group situation? Give examples. What would you do? 67. Describe a particularly difficult or risky challenge you took on because you felt it was important for you to do so. You’ve changed jobs quite frequently. Tell me about a significant failure in your life. 9. What are some of your recent accomplishments in your current job? 14. Tell me about a time when you went beyond the call of duty. What difficult challenges have you solved? . 58. Do you have accomplishments you are proud of? 3. What do you feel would be an acceptable attendance record? 62. Your supervisor tells you to do something in a way you know is ineffective.
What 24. 6. 3. What 39. What 37. 6. What 31. describe how hard. What 21. 2. What 36. What 26. 3. What 20. Are you a self starter? Are you a competitive person? Describe two things that motivate you at work? Describe when you felt motivated to do your very best work and did. 9. What 30. 4. What kinds of risks do you face when implementing a new initiative? What risks have you undertaken recently? What risks did you take at your previous job? Motivations 1. What 27. What Future 1. What 35. What 34. What 19. Does competition increase your desire to succeed? 10. 4. What 32. What 22. Do you feel motivated to work harder? 8. How important are promotions and advancement to you? . what kinds of challenges have you recently faced. Do you enjoy challenges at work? If so. Do you feel motivated in your current job? 7. 5. 2. What 28. 5. What 33. Describe how you can take risks to accomplish tasks. What 29. What 23.18. What 38. What 40. Have you received any recognition for significant accomplishments at work? 11. What 25. Do you work to achieve your objectives? If so. difficult problems have you worked through? do you consider to be your most important accomplishment and why? has been your greatest accomplishment? Your greatest disappointment? have been the most memorable accomplishments of your career? have been your biggest accomplishments? have been your greatest accomplishments? have been your greatest disappointments? initiatives have you undertake recently? is the accomplishment that you are most proud of? is the most difficult task you have undertaken? is the most important accomplishment in your life? is the most challenging thing you have ever done? is the most stimulating thing you are looking for in a job? is your greatest accomplishment? is your most significant accomplishment? is your proudest accomplishment? two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction? was the job’s biggest challenge? was the most/least challenging part of the job? was your greatest accomplishment? was your greatest disappointment? was your most significant accomplishment in your last position? were your most memorable accomplishments with your last employer? Are you willing to take risks? Describe a significant risk you took to accomplish a task.
How do you define ‘success?’ 7. Would you describe yourself as motivated more by your goals or by money? Sense of Self/Definitions 1. Would you rate yourself as an overachiever? . Tell me about your recent successes. What has your last employer done that motivated you to work harder? 21. Were there any special difficulties you overcame in achieving these accomplishments? 17. How would you describe your standards of performance? 10. What have you done that shows initiative and willingness to work? 22. What does ‘success’ mean to you? 17. Is recognition important to you? 16. What motivates you? 26. How have your successes benefited your previous employer? 9. Describe what success means to you. What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort? 31. What motivates you to be successful in your job? 29. What motivates you in a job and in your personal life? 27. What have you done which shows initiative and willingness to work? 23. How do you determine if you are successful? 8. What makes you put forth your greatest effort? 25. How important is responsibility to you? 15. Do you feel you have been successful in your job? 5. Why are you better than your co-workers? 20. When do you put forth your greatest effort? 32. Are you successful in completing projects at work? 2.12. What motivates you in accomplishing difficult tasks? 28. What is your definition of success. How important is recognition to you? 14. Do you generally think of yourself as a risk-taker or someone who plays it safe? 6. What are some of the reasons for your success? 14. How important is challenge to you? 13. What kinds of responsibilities are important to you in your work? 24. Would you define yourself as a self-starter? 22. What does ‘failure’ mean to you? 16. To what do you attribute your success? 13. What do you think has contributed most to your success so far? 15. What do you get out of completing difficult tasks? 20. 3. 12. Describe situations in which you are most successful. 4. What projects have you recently completed successfully? 19. What challenges are you looking for in a job? 19. Why are you successful? 21. 18. What are your motivations? 18. What motivates you to put forth your best effort? 30. How would you evaluate success? 11.
why not? 2. How could you have improved your progress? 3. What weaknesses have you overcome when accomplishing difficult tasks? . Do you achieve all of the goals you set? If not.Weaknesses 1.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.