This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Text 1 Read this text to answer questions no 1
Caution! DRIVE SLOWLY
1. Where can we possibly find such a caution? A. In a car B. In a parking lot C. In toll way D. In a narrow alley Text 2 In case of fire don’t use lift but use fire exit door
5. From the text we may conclude that Ms. Santi is probably Tika‘s . . . . A. friend B. teacher C. principal D. classmate Text 4 Congratulations! To: Dhimas Congratulations on your great achievement in winning The Asian Teenagers Singing Contest 2012. We are really proud of you. Keep up the good work. Best regard, Principal and all the teachers 6. What has Dhimas done? A. Gave regard to the Asian teenagers. B. Congratulated the teachers. C. Met with the principal. D. Won the contest. Text 5 To: Naenda Putri I will be glad if you come to my 15th birthday party. Day/date : Sunday/April 29, 2012 Time : 6 until 8 p.m. Place : Jl. Gatot Subroto No. 365 Sungailiat Yours truthfully Kesarin 7. The party will finish at … p.m. A. 4 B. 6 C. 5 D. 8 8. The writer writes the text above to…. A. confirm her birthday to her friend B. show her happiness for Naenda‘s plan C. invite her friend to her birthday party D. give an information about her birthday Text 6 Dona, please let others know that the Scout meeting is canceled until Mr. Purnomo is back from Blora. Sender Riri +62897564 9. The meeting is postponed because of Mr. Purnomo…. A. absence B. meeting C. coming D. information
2. Where do you usually find this caution? A.On the wall in a motel. B.On the lift in a building. C.At the door in a small house. D.Near the windows of the house. 3. What is the main idea of the text? A. To warn people to use exit door B. To educate people on how to use lift C. To learn on how to extinguish fire in a lift D. To remind people to avoid using lift in case of fire Text 3 Sunday, November 07, 2011 14:31 From: Ms. Santi Hi, Tika I text you just to inform that the exams scheduled for 09 November 2011 have been postponed until next week because of the conflicting schedule. Please forward this message to Dinar, Lina, Irfa, and the others. Sorry for that and thanks heaps for forwarding this text. 4. Why have the exams been postponed? A. The exams were scheduled for 09 November B. They needed to forward the message C. There was a conflicting schedule D. Ms. Santi has just texted them
10. The synonym of the word canceled in ..‖ meeting is canceled until ― is ... A. delayed B. postphoned C. continued D. missed 11. ‗‘Please let others know…‖ The word others refers to … A. Dona and Riri B. scout members C. Riry and Mr Purnomo D. Mr. Purnomo and Dona Text 7 KING's Tandoor Indian and Chinese Cuizine Come and enjoy our excellent food and quality in a superb ambience, with reasonable price. (no brach). Permata Plaza Ground floor (next to President Hotel) Jl. Thamrin Kav. 57 Jakarta. Telp. 3905379-8. Fax 39055378. Email : queens @pacific.net.id 12. The correct statement based on the ads is ……………… A. We can find King‘s Tandoor in any other part in Jakarta B. King‘s Tandoor offers Indian and traditional food C. King‘s Tandoor offers Indians and Chinese food D. The King‘s Tandoor is in President Hotel. 13. What is the quickest and the most practical way to reserve a table in the restaurant? A. Online reservation B. Asking someone to come C. Informing via telephone D. Coming to the King‘s Tandoor 14. "Come and enjoy our excellent food " The underlined word refers to ... A. the writer B. the owner and the staff C. the readers D. the reader and the writer Text 8 SUPLEMENT FACTS Serving size : 1 tablet Serving per Container : 30 Amount of Value Vitamin C 250 mg Calcium %Daily
50mg 7,14mg Citrus bioflavonoid 50mg Rutin 25mg Hesperidin 25mg Rose hips 125mg Acerola 5mg Daily value not established. Suggested use : 1 tablet after meal This product contains no artificial colours, flavours, preservatives milk, sugar, egg, chemical solvent, starch or gluten. 15. What is the purpose of the text? A. to advertise a supplement for woman B. to describe a product for adult C. to give a detail about suplement D. to tell a value of a suplement 16. ‗This product contain no artificial .......‘ What does the underlined word mean? A. original B. pure C. unnatural D. inexpensive 17. How many tablet are suggested to take in a day? A. one B. two C. three D. five Text 9
Jaya Raya Junior High School Komplek Jayaraya Jalan Bangunan Baruno. 10 Bandung, 10th December 2011 Mr. and Mrs. Candra Jalan Kenanga 12 Bandung Dear Sir and Madam, We are pleased to inform you that your daughter, Sandra, has been successfully completed the second year of junior high school. To end this challenging academic year, we have made a plan to hold a special event featuring musical drama involving your daughter. We request the honor of your company in the event to witness the great accomplishment throughout the year. We are looking forward to welcoming you. Yours sincerely, Principal
18. Based on the text, Sandra is…. A. the daughter of Dr. Rahadi B. the event organizer of the musical drama C. the student of Jaya Raya Junior High School D. the witness of the year‘s great accomplishment 19. Which one of these statements is incorrect? A. Mr. and Mrs. Candra live in Bandung. B. Sandra takes part in the school‘s musical drama. C. Dr. Rahadi invites Sandra‘s parents to come to the event. D. The school works together with Mr. and Mrs. Candra‘s company 20. ―We are pleased to inform you …‖ (paragraph 1). What does the word ―we‖ refer to? A. The school. B. The company. C. Mr. and Mrs. Candra. D. The principal and the witness. 21. ―We request the honor of your company…‖ (paragraph 3). What does the underlined word mean? A. Asking something from someone. B. Rejecting something from someone. C. Accepting something from someone. D. Responding on something from someone Text 10 Bona was an enormous elephant, the biggest land animal on earth. He was famous because of his tusks which measured at least three metres long. They dug into the ground as he walked and got entangled in vines, so he had to hold his head high. This posture gave him a ―royal‖ appearance. People loved Bona, but poachers from all over the world were boasting and saying they would kill the big tusker. All the wildlife lovers were very worried and sent letters to President Kenyatta. The President wrote a decree that protected the elephant with five armed guards and allowed them to shoot any poachers on the spot. One day the time came and this beloved creature sank onto his knees, rolled over and died in peace from old age.
22. What does the text tell us about? A. An elephant named Bona B. An elephant lover named Bona C. A president who loves an animal especially elephant D. The President of Kenyatta who loves an elephant named Bona 23. The second paragraph of the text above tells us about … A. why the guards protected Bona B. why the poachers wanted to kill Bona C. why the wildlife lovers protected Bona D. why the wildlife lovers worried about Bona Text 11 One bright sunny morning, near the lake, a mother duck was very pleased that her eggs had begun to hatch. ‗Cheep, cheep‖ chirped the chicks. Mother duck was very proud of her fluffy duckling—but one of them looked different from the others. ―Quack! Quack! How can that duckling be one of mine?‖ Mother duck wondered. ―He‘s so big and ugly.‖ All the other chicks were mean and teased Sammy, the ugly duckling. They did not want to play with him. Poor Sammy was very sad. ―I don‘t belong here,‖ he said. One day he packed his bags and left home to look for someone who wants to be his friend. Soon he came to a pond. There he saw some ducks swimming. But they didn‘t want to be his friends either. Poor Sammy was very unhappy, he then waddled away. The next day an old woman saw Sammy. ―I think I‘ll cook him for my dinner,‖ she said. She tried to catch him, but Sammy ran as fast as he could. Poor Sammy was so sad that he hid himself by the riverbank. One day he watched some beautiful swans fly past him. ―I wish I were as magnificent as the swan,‖ he sighed. Time passed by. Spring, summer, and fall went by. Finally spring came again. Sammy decided to go to come out of his hiding place. He looked at his reflection in the river. He was very surprised. What did he see? ―Is that really me? I‘m a beautiful swan! ―Look at that swan! He‘s the most magnificent of them all!‖ said children in the town. Sammy had never felt
happier in his life. He was no longer an ugly duckling.
24. Why did the ugly duckling feel sad? A. He became a beautiful swan. B. No one wanted to be his friend. C. He could see his reflection in the river. D. The old woman hid herself by the riverbank. 25. ―He‘s the most magnificent of them all!‖ (paragraph 4). The underlined word above has similar meaning with…. A. noble B. common C. simple D. Unimposing 26. What is the moral value of the story? A. It is not good to make a fool of someone. B. Swan is the most magnificent animal. C. It is cowardice to hide from the truth. D. Never judge the book from its cover. Text 12 Once upon a time there was a beautiful girl called Sarah, who lived with her step mother. Her step mother was very bossy, greedy and arrogant. She hated Sarah a lot. One day when her father was working out side, the step mother hit Sarah and expelled her from the house. She went out side and walked far away from the house. Suddenly she saw a big melon farm and went in it. After that she hid in a big melon. She used to go out of it and get her food. One day a prince visited the farm and saw the big melon. ―Cut this melon I want to eat it,‘‘ the prince said. The prince‘s guards started to cut the melon but they heard a voice from it. Sarah said ―Don‘t cut me please!‖ They were all surprised at this situation. The prince said ―Who are you? Calm down, please come out.‖ After that she came out. He fell in love with her. She told him her story so the prince decided to marry her and they lived happily ever after.
27. What is the main idea of the third paragraph? A. How Sarah was expelled from her house. B. How Sarah lived when she was out of her house. C. How Sarah got food for sustaining her life. D. How Sarah met the prince who then married her. 28. She used to go out of it and get her food. (par.2) What does the underlined word refer to? A. The farm B. The house C. The melon D. The food Text 13 The night before Mrs. Green left Denpasar for Melbourne, she packed her suitcase. She had bought some gifts for her relatives. She wrapped each gift carefully. The tiny silver peddy-cab handicraft was fragile. Mrs. Green rolled it in spongy plastic and put it in a small box. It was for her mother. Her mother loved silver accessories very much. She had bought a wooden sculpture from Bali for her father. She wrapped it in her wool scarf. Her father was fond of art objects. Then, a pair of silver earrings, in a tiny box, was for her niece, Tina. When each gift had been perfectly wrapped, she put them carefully in her suitcase. She tried to remember if she set her alarm clock before going to bed. She had to go to the airport very early in the morning to catch the earliest flight to Melbourne, Australia. 29. What did Mrs. Green buy for her father? A. A tiny silver peddy-cab handicraft. B. A wooden Balinese sculpture. C. A pair of silver earrings. D. A wrapped gift. 30. Based on the text, we can see that…. A. the father loved silver accessories very much B. Mrs. Green would return home to Bali C. the gifts were carefully wrapped D. Tina got a tiny box as her gift. 31. ―The tiny silver peddy-cab handicraft was fragile‖ (paragraph 3). The underlined word above means…. A. easy to fix B. easy to break C. difficult to find D. difficult to achieve
32. What is the purpose of the text? A. to tell about one‘s experience B. to teach morals to readers C. to amuse someone D. to tell a process Text 13 How to Sign up in Facebook Facebook is a popular internet services for people, especially the young. To join the facebook service we must sign up first. To do so you must have an e-mail account. When the e-mail is available, just follow these steps. First, open the sites for face book on http:// www.facebook.com. Then, click sign up and fill out the registration form. Complete the registration form: First Name, Last Name, Your Email, New Password, and, Date of Birth . Next, You will see a security code called captcha code. Type the word accurately and click the register button. If you think the code is too difficult to read, you may click Try Another Word to get a new code. If the registration process is successful you will get a confirmation on your e-mail. Follow the link on your e-mail to activate the facebook account. The last process is completing your profile by inserting photos, e-mail, find new friends, pictures. 33. What step should you do after you click the sign up button? A. Creating a captcha code. B. Making an e-mail address. C. Filling out the registration form. D. Opening the sites of facebook. 34. What will happen if you fail to type out the captcha code? A. The registration will not be successful. B. The facebook will send you a confirmation via e-mail. C. The facebook will continue registering your account. D. You have to activate your account on facebook. 35. To join the facebook service we must sign up first. (par.1) The underlined word means . . . . A. come through B. give up C. fill out D. register 36. What is the purpose of the text? A. tell us how to erase a facebook account. B. tell us how to make a facebook account.
C. tell us the process of facebook cancelation. D. tell us the process of fecbook sign out. Text 14 THE CHEETAH The cheetah is the fastest animal on land. It can run 100 kilometers an hour. It is now rare and is one of the animals which is in danger of extinction. The cheetah has a small head and ears, and long, powerful legs. It always hunts and chases its prey on open ground. This is a different way of hunting from the other ―big cats.‖ They like to stay in and near trees to catch their prey. The cheetah is also different from other cats because it cannot draw in its claws. 37. What makes cheetah different from other ―big cats?‖ A. It hunts prey on ground B. It is able to draw its claws in. C. It always hides under the tree to catch prey. D. It hunts and chases its prey on open ground 38. The purpose of the writer writes such a kind of text is . . . . A. To entertain the readers by describing. B. To tell the readers how cheetah catches preys C. To describe the general features of cheetah D. To inform the sequential events of cheetah in hunting 39. One of the animals which is in danger of extinction. (par. 1) What does the underlined word mean? A. existing B. disappearance C. common D. rare 40. What is the second paragraph about? A. the chracteristics of a cheetah B. the kind of preys of a cheetah C. the kind of foods of a cheetah D. the classification of a cheetah Text 15 One of the most interesting places to . . . .(41) in Darwin Australia is the Yirkalla Art Centre. It is . . . (42) in Arnhem Land of Nhulunbuy . It is about 405 miles from Darwin. The first people to visit the region were the Macassans, who came from Indonesia for
seafoods (especially trepang, a sea cucumber) in the 17th century Various kinds of Aborigin‘s handicraft . . . (43) exhibited in this place. The most beautiful and complex examples of Aboriginal art in Australia exist here.. This art includes rock art, bark paintings, and Xray style paintings, which show humans and animals characters. 41. A. visited B. visits C. visit D. visiting 42. A. placed B. situated C. lived D. stayed 43. A. is B. was C. were D. are Text 16
How to ..(44) Internet on Hot Spot Area
The acceptable arrangement of the words is…. A. 7 – 4 – 8 – 1 – 5 – 3 – 2 – 6 B. 5 – 1 – 7 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 2 – 4 C. 7 – 3 – 4 – 8 – 6 – 5 – 1 – 2 D. 2 – 6 – 7 – 8 – 1 – 5 – 3 – 4 48. The – never - in – iron – immerse – water The suitable arrangement is…. A. 2 – 5 – 1 – 4 – 3 – 6 B. 5 – 3 – 6 – 2 – 1 – 4 C. 1 – 4 – 6 – 5 – 2 – 3 D. 2 – 6 – 5 – 1 – 3 – 4 49. Arrange the jumbled sentences on How to Make a Paper Boat or a Hat 1. Next, fold the comers down to the middle. 2. Second, fold the sides up to the middle crease, keep folded 3. First, fold the paper in half the long way, crease and unfold. 4. Finally, open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat, or flip it over and wear it as a hat. 5. After that, fold the comers down to the middle again. 6. Then, fold the points downs to the middle. A. 2 - 3 B. 3 - 2 C. 2 - 3 D. 3 - 2 - 1- 5 - 6 - 4. - 1- 5 - 6 - 4. - 1- 4 - 6 - 5. - 5- 1 - 6 - 4.
Hot spot area is a range which is covered by radio signal of an access point. To get an internet access in this area we must take the technical procedures as follows: First, ….. (45) on your wireless LAN on your laptop. Then, Right click the wireless notification icon on the bottom bar. Next, click ―view available wireless network‖ button, and you will see available access points. Choose the strongest signal and click connect button. Wait the process … (46) the connection. When you see a blinking wireless notification saying ―wireless network connection is now connected,‖ you are ready for accessing internet . 44. A. see B. repair C. access D. read 45. A. turning B. turns C. turned D. turn 46. A. accomplishes B. accelerates C. accompanies D. acknowledges 47. Avoid – do – with – eyes – contact – not – swallow - and
50. Rearrange these sentences to make a good narrative text. 1. Bandung Bondowoso asked Roro Jonggrang to mary him. 2. Roro Jonggrang agreed to marry Bandung on one condition 3. A long time ago in Prambanan Palace lived a King Baka and his daughter, Roro Jonggrang 4. One day, Bandung Bondowoso killed King Baka to conquer Prambanan 5. At last, the genie left the temple uncompleted. 6. The work was almost finished when Roro woke the sun 7. Then, Bandung asked the genic for help 8. Bandung had to present one thousand temples in one night A. 3 – 4 – 1 – 2 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 B. 3 – 4 – 6 – 1 – 8 – 7 – 2 – 5 C. 3 – 6 – 4 – 1 – 8 – 7 – 2 – 5 D. 3 – 1 – 4 – 2 – 7 – 8 – 6 – 5
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?