TABLE OF CONTENTS
America the Beautiful ......................... 4 Book of Mormon Stories..................... 3 God Bless America ............................. 13 God of Our Fathers, Whose Almighty Hand.................. 14 I Love My Land, America................... 16 My Country ......................................... 2 My Country, ‘Tis of Thee ................... 10 My Flag, My Flag ............................... 1 The Battle Hymn of Republic ............. 6 The Star-Spangled Banner .................. 8 This Is My Country ............................. 15 You’re a Grand Old Flag .................... 12
I Love My Land, America
I love my land America With blue skies big and wide; I love my land America With seas on either side. The prairie corn grows tall and green, The wheat is amber gold; The rivers run from mountain peaks Where the stars and stripes unfold. I love my land America, And as long as we are good, The Lord will bless America In love and brotherhood.
My Flag, My Flag (CS-225)
My flag, my flag, my country's flag, I love to see you wave; My flag, my flag, my country's flag, The banner of the brave. Wave on, wave on forever, The banner of the free; Wave on, wave on forever, The flag of liberty.
My Country (CS-224)
This is my country! I sing it with pride Whether it's desert Sand duned and wide, Mountains with pine trees, Land iceberg bound. It's here where my home And my loved ones are found. This is my country, And all that I do Should make it mighty, Noble and true. I love my country. Long may it be A land where my people Are honest and free.
This Is My Country
What diff’rence if I hail from North or South, Or from the East or West? My heart is filled with love for all of these, I only know I swell with pride, Deep within my breast I thrill to see “Old Glory” paint the breeze. This is my country! Land of my birth; This is my country! Grandest on earth. I pledge thee my allegiance, America, the bold! For this is my country! To have and to hold! With hand upon heart I thank the Lord For this my native land, For all I love is here within her gates. My soul is rooted deeply in the soil On which I stand, For these are mine, my own United States. This is my country! Land of my choice; This is my country! Hear my proud voice! I pledge thee my allegiance, America, the bold! For this is my country! To have and to hold! 15
God of Our Fathers, Whose Almighty Hand (H-78)
1. God of our fathers, whose almighty hand Leads forth in beauty all the starry band Of shining worlds in splendor through the skies, Our grateful songs before thy throne arise. 2. Thy love divine hath led us in the past; In this free land by thee our lot is cast. Be thou our Ruler, Guardian, Guide, and Stay, Thy word our law, thy paths our chosen way. 3. From war’s alarms, from deadly pestilence, Be thy strong arm our ever sure defense. Thy true religion in our hearts increase. Thy bounteous goodness nourish us in peace.
Book of Mormon Stories (CS-118)
1. Book of Mormon stories That my teacher tells to me Are about the Lamanites In ancient history. Long ago their fathers came From far across the sea, Giv’n the land if they lived Righteously. 2. Lamanites met others Who were seeking liberty, And the land soon welcomed All who wanted to be free. Book of Mormon stories say That we must brothers be, Giv’n the land if we live Righteously.
America the Beautiful (H-338)
1. Oh, beautiful for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain, For purple mountain majesties Above the fruited plain! America! America! God shed his grace on thee, And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea. 2. Oh, beautiful for pilgrim feet, Whose stern impassioned stress A thoroughfare of freedom beat Across the wilderness! America! America! God mend thine ev’ry flaw, Confirm they soul in self control, Thy liberty in law.
God Bless America
God bless America, Land that I love. Stand beside her, and guide her Thru the night with a light from above. From the mountains, to the prairies, To the oceans, white with foam, God bless America, My home sweet home.
You're a Grand Old Flag
You're a grand old flag, You’re a high-flying flag, And forever in peace may you wave! You're the emblem of The land I love. The home of the free and the brave! Every heart beats true For the Red, White and Blue, Where there's never a boast or brag. But “should auld acquaintance be forgot," Keep your eye on the grand old flag! 3. Oh, beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife, Who more than self their country loved, And mercy more than life! America! America! May God they gold refine, Till all success be nobleness, And ev’ry gain divine. 4. Oh, beautiful for patriot dream That sees beyond the years Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears! America! America! God shed his grace on thee, And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea.
The Battle Hymn of Republic
(H-60) 1. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord; He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored. He hath loosed the fateful lightning Of his terrible, swift sword; His truth is marching on. CHORUS Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! His truth is marching on. 2. He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat; He is sifting out the hearts of men before his judgment seat. Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer him; Be jubilant my feet! Our God is marching on. 6 11 3. Let music swell the breeze, And ring from all the trees, Sweet freedom's song; Let mortal tongues awake; Let all that breathe partake; Let rocks their silence break, The sound prolong. 4. Our fathers' God, to thee, Author of liberty, To thee we sing; Long may our land be bright With freedom's holy light. Protect us by thy might, Great God, our King!
My Country, 'Tis of Thee (H-339)
1. My country, 'tis of thee, Sweet land of liberty, Of thee I sing; Land where my fathers died, Land of the pilgrims' pride, From ev’ry mountainside Let freedom ring! 2. My native country thee, Land of the noble free, Thy name I love; I love thy rocks and rills, Thy woods and templed hills. My heart with rapture thrills Like that above. CHORUS Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! His truth is marching on.
3. In the beauty of the lilies, Christ was born across the sea, With a glory in his bosom That transfigures you and me. As he died to make men holy, let us live to make men free, While God is marching on. CHORUS Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! His truth is marching on.
The Star Spangled Banner (H-340)
1. Oh say, can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming, Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming? And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof thru the night that our flag was still there. Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free And the home of the brave? 2. On the shore, dimly seen thru the mists of the deep, Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, As it fitfully blows, 8
half conceals, half discloses? Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam, In full glory reflected now shines on the stream; 'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh, long may it wave O'er the land of the free And the home of the brave! 3. Oh, thus be it ever, when free men shall stand Between their loved homes and the war's desolation! Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav’n rescued land Praise the Pow’r that hath made and preserved us a nation! Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto: "In God is our trust!" And the star-spangled banner In triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free And the home of the brave!