Sterlite Copper to kick off Coastal Livelihood Project Tuticorin : Sterlite Copper will kick off its Coastal

Livelihood Project (CLP) b y organizing a spot admission camp at Fr.Augustine Pereira Community College on 24th June 2012 (Sunday) between 10 AM and 12 PM. Spot admission for Mechanic Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, Electrical Technic ian, Diploma in Desktop Publishing Operator, Diploma in Fashion Designing & Garment Making, C ertificate course in beauty care, Diploma in First Aid & Practical Nursing, Diploma in Hote l Management & Catering, Chudithar Set stitching and Kids wear stitching are the certificate courses offered through this project. 200 students will be benefitted through this project this year and only 25 % of the course fee will be paid by them for studying the courses. The rest 75 % will be contributed by Sterlite Copper. Sterlite will be spending Rs 14 lakh for this project. The aim of the project is to create employability among the coastal youth in the district. Sterlite Copper is implementing CLP for the last seven years with the objective of providing alternate employment opportunities for the coastal youth. Last year, 88% of the students were employed and their average monthly income is Rs 4000.

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful

Master Your Semester with Scribd & The New York Times

Special offer for students: Only $4.99/month.

Master Your Semester with a Special Offer from Scribd & The New York Times

Cancel anytime.