This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
134/2011/19 Dated Dispur the, 13th July, 2012. ADVERTISEMENT Applications are invited from the intending eligible candidates who are citizen of India for filling up of the vacancies as indicated below in the cadre of Junior Administrative Assistant in the Assam Secretariat UNDER Assam Secretariat Subordinate Service Rules,1963(as amended) in the scale of pay of Pay Band-2 of Rs. 5200-20,200/- p.m. and Grade Pay of Rs.3000/- p.m. plus other allowances as admissible under Rules. Vacancies-100 Nos. Reservation of posts: 1. ST(P)-10% 2. ST(H)-5% 3. SC-7% 4. OBC/MOBC-27% 5. Physically handicapped-3% (a) For Blind-1% (b) For hearing impaired-1% (c) For orthopedically handicapped-1% (6) Reservation for women-30%(in all categories)
Age: Applicants must not be less than 18 years and more than 38 years as on 01-01-2012 Age limit is relaxable by five years in case of SC/ST candidates. In case of Ex-servicemen, age limit is relaxable by two years upto 40 years. Educational Qualification: The applicants must be Graduates in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 45%, 40% for SC/ST candidates marks in their degree examinations. Candidates must have computer knowledge in Windows and MS Office. Selection Process: The process of selection and scheme of examination has been notified vide notification No. S(E)21/2008/67, dated 8.09.2009. Intending candidates are advised to go through the same. A copy of this notification has been published in the official website www.assam.gov.in. How to Apply: A candidate must send the following documents with his/her application duly filled in as per format to be downloaded from the website www.assam.gov.in . The envelope sending the application should be superscribed “Application for the post of Junior Administrative Assistant” on the top right hand corner. The candidate should send their Application to the “Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Secretariat Administration(Estt.) Department, Assam Secretariat, Dispur, Guwahati-6” alongwith the following documents. a) b) c) d) e) Two copies of recent passport size photograph signed by the candidate should be pasted on the Application form in the spaces provided. One self addressed pre-stamped (Rs. 5) envelop of 18 c.m. x 27 c.m. size(approx) Copies of all marksheets and certificates from HSLC/Matric onwards duly attested. Copies of Caste Certificate duly attested Copies of computer literacy certificate duly attested.
Application for the examination duly filled in will be received by post only upto 10-08-2012 Sd/- R.C. Das, Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Secretariat Admn.(Estt.) Department. Contd…..
-2Memo No. S(E).134/2011/19 Dated Dispur the, 13th July, 2012.
1. The Director, Assam Govt. press, Bamunimaidam, Guwahati-21. He is requested kindly to take immediate action for publication of the advertisement in an extra ordinary issue of Assam Gazette. 2. The Director, Information & Public Relation, Assam, Dispur. He is requested to take necessary action for release of this advertisement in local leading news papers. He is also requested to forward copy of each of such Advertisement to this department for record. 3. SIO, NIC Assam unit. He is requested to post this advertisement alongwith application format in Govt. website as above. 4. The Director, Employment & Craftsman Training, Assam, Guwahati for circulating the Advertisement through Employment Exchanges in Assam. 5. The P.S. to Chief Minister, Assam. 6. The P.S. to Chief Secretary, Assam. By order etc.,
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Secretariat Admn.(Estt.) Department.
Application Form (to be downloaded) RECRUITMENT OF JUNIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS SECRETARIAT ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM DISPUR :: GUWAHATI :: 781006 Last date of receipt of Application Form complete with all relevant documents: ………… INSTRUCTIONS While filling up the Application Form, applicants are requested to note the following:
This application is a key part of the selection process. Fill each and Every part of the form carefully and completely. In case any clause in the form is not applicable in your case, please write “Not Applicable” in the space provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Paste your passport size (5 X 7 cm) photograph and affix your Please enclose attested copies of marks-sheet of all Board/University examinations, the signature on Permanent Residence Certificate, Employment Exchange Registration Card. photograph
The LAST DATE of submission should be strictly adhered to FILL IN CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY
01. Name of candidate (as recorded in Matriculation or Equivalent Certificate)
02. Date of Birth (as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate) DATE 03. Father’s Name: 04. Father’s Occupation, Designation and Address MONTH YEAR
05. Mother’s Name: 06. Mother’s Occupation, Designation and Address:
07. Spouse Name (if applicable) 08. Spouse Occupation, Designation and Address
09. Place of Birth a)Village/Town
b) Police Station
10. Community/Category: (Provide attested photocopy of proof) Write 1 for SC 2 for ST 3 for OBC/MOBC 4.for General (UR)
11. WHETHER YOU ARE PHYSICALLY DISABLED ( YES/ NO). (A) IF YES ABOVE , [MARK APPROPRIATE BOX WITH ( ORTHOPAEDICALLY VISUALLY HEARING CHALLENGED IMPAIRED IMPAIRED )]
(B) PERCENTAGE OF DISABILITY
(PLEASE ENCLOSE ATTESTED PHOTOSTAT COPY OF MEDICAL CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY
12. ARE YOU AN EX-SERVICEMAN ( YES/NO)
(PLEASE ENCLOSE ATTESTED PHOTOSTAT COPY OF DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY
13. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (HSLC/SSC ONWARDS): Exam. or name of the equivalent exam Matriculation School/College with Address Board/Council/ University Year of passing Class/ Div. % of marks
Higher Secondary Degree
14) ANY OTHER QUALIFICATION:
15) Experience:(Please give details thereof) Name of Organisation Designation To Period From Scale of Pay
17) Language Known: a) Written
18) Choice of language for Selection Test Write 1 for Assamese 2 for Bengali 3 for Bodo 4 for Alt. English
19) Employment Exchange Registration No. (Provide photocopy of Registration Card, if any)
20) Address for Correspondence:
21) Permanent Address of applicant:
P 22) E-mail id if any:
23) Telephone number(s) if any:
24) Mobile number(s) if any:
25) Distinction/Award/Special Achievements/Extra Curricular Activities/ Experience: (Attach a separate sheet if required)
DECLARATION 6. I declare that I fulfill all the conditions of eligibility regarding age limits, educational qualification prescribed for admission to the recruitment. 7. I have enclosed attested photocopies of certificates in support of my claim for Educational Qualifications, age, category(SC/ST/OBC/General) and age relaxation. 8. I hereby further declare that all statements made in this application are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. 9. I understand that in the event of any information being found suppressed/false or incorrect or ineligibility being detected before or after the recruitment, my candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled forthwith.
Place: ______________________ Date: ______________________ ______________________ Signature of the candidate
Application NOT signed by the candidate will be rejected NOTE: (1) CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO POST THE APPLICATION WELL BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE SO THAT IT REACHES THE DEPUTY SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF ASSAM, SECRETARIAT ADMINISTRATION(ESTT.) DEPARTMENT, ASSAM SECRETARIAT, DISPUR, GUWAHATI-6 BY THE CLOSING DATE. NO APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Annexure-1 GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM SECRETARIAT ADMINISTRATION(ESTT.) DEPARTMENT DISPUR ORDERS BY THE GOVERNOR NOTIFICATION No. S(E)21/2008/67 2009. Dated Dispur, the 8th September,
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India, the Governor of Assam is hereby pleased to make the following rules further to amend the Assam Secretariat Subordinate Service Rules, 1963, hereinafter referred to as the principal Rules, namely:Short title and Subordinate Commencement 1.(i) These rules may be called the Assam Secretariat Service (Amendment) Rules, 2009. (ii)They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette. 2. In the principal Rules, for the existing Schedule-II, the following shall be substituted , namely:“ Schedule-II Note (ii) under rule-8 The syllabus of Competitive Examination and manner of holding the said examination and interview for direct recruitment of Junior Administrative Assistants:Subjects 1. General English including General Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude. 2. Precis writing & Drafting(either in English or in Assamese). 3. General Assamese/Bengali/Bodo/Alternative English. 4. 5. Interview Knowledge of Computer (Computer test) 100 Marks
Amendment of Schedule-II
All eligible candidates possessing the required academic qualification and percentage of marks in Degree examination as prescribed under rule 18 (iii) (B) shall be allowed to appear for the competitive examination, on the subjects as indicated at Sl. 1,2 and 3 above.
The competitive examination as mentioned in clause (i) above and the computer test shall be conducted by such Agency, Authority, body or Committee, as the case may be, as may be entrusted upon by the Appointing
Authority for the purpose. Such Agency , Authority, Body or Committee as the case may be, shall prepare the list of successful candidates who qualify in the competitive examination held on the subjects mentioned at Sl. 1,2 and 3 above as well as in the computer test and thereafter furnish a list of candidates, prepared on the basis of total marks secured by each of them in the subjects mentioned at Sl. 1 and 2 above in the competitive examination, numbering three times the number of vacancies advertised, to the Appointing Authority. The Appointing Authority shall, thereafter, furnish the said list of qualified and successful candidates received from the said Agency, Authority, body or committee as the case may be, to the Selection Committee constituted by the Appointing Authority under rule 11(A) of these rules, for taking interview and to prepare a select list in order of merit containing the names of such number of candidates as indicated in clause(vii) herein below and to furnish the same to the Appointing Authority. The paper in General Assamese/Bengali/ Bodo/ Alternative English shall be of qualifying nature and the candidate shall have to secure minimum 20 marks to qualify. Marks obtained in this paper shall not be counted for determining the rank. Only those candidates who qualify in the competitive examination taken on the subjects mentioned at Sl. 1, 2 and 3 above, shall be asked to appear for the computer test. The test in the knowledge of computer shall be of qualifying nature, i.e. the marks obtained by the candidates for computer test shall not be counted for final ranking. However, candidates have to obtain minimum 20 marks out of 50 in the computer test to qualify. Out of the candidates who qualify in the competitive examination and the computer test, candidates
numbering only three times the number of advertised vacancies in each category, including the reserved categories, shall be called for interview on the basis of total marks secured by each of them in the subjects mentioned at Sl. 1 and 2 above, in the competitive examination.
The select list shall be prepared on the basis of performance of the candidates in the subjects mentioned at Sl. 1 & 2 above in the competitive examination and interview, which shall contain the names of selected candidates in order of merit equal to the number of vacant posts notified at the time of calling for application for filling up of the posts.
Amendment of rule 18. namely:“(B)
3. In the principal Rules, in rule 18, in sub-rule (iii), for the existing clause(B), the following shall be substituted, If he is a candidate for the post of Junior Administrative Assistant (Lower Division Assistant) he must possess a Bachelor degree of a University in any discipline recognized by the Government of Assam and must have secured at least 45% marks in the said degree examination except that for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories who must have secured at least 40% marks in the said Degree examination. Moreover, a candidate for the post of Junior Administrative Assistant (L.D. Assistant) must possess computer skills for handling data and text on computer.”
Amendment of Rule 20
4. In the principal Rules, in rule 20, after the last sentence, the following shall be inserted:“ The select list shall contain the names of selected candidates in order of merit equal to the number of vacant posts notified at the time of calling for application.”
Sd/Commissioner & Secy. to the Govt. of Assam, Secretariat Administration Deptt. Memo No. S(E)21/2008/67 -A, Dated Dispur, the 8th September, 2009. Copy to:1. The P.P.S. to Chief Minister, Assam. 2. The P.S. to Chief Secretary, Assam. 3. The P.S. to all Additional Chief Secretary, Assam. 4. The P.S. to all Ministers/Parliamentary Secretary. 5. The P.S. to all Principal Secretary/Commissioner & Secretary/ Secretary to the Govt. of Assam. 6. All Departments of Assam Secretariat. 7. The Accountant General, Assam, Maidamgaon, Beltola, Guwahati-29. 8. The Director, Assam Government Press, Bamunimaidam, Guwahati-21. He is requested to publish the Notification in the extra ordinary Assam Gazette and send 500 copies of the same to the undersigned urgently.
By order etc.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Secretariat Admn.(Estt.) Department.