This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Vishalini 11 year old Indian girl Vishalini, Born in Thirunelveli, a small city of Tamil Nadu. Read More 2. Name the Pakistani cricketer who was released from jail because of good behaviour after serving half of his 6 month sentence. Mohammad Aamer 3. Which author‟s autobiography release was cancelled at the Kolkata Book Fair? Taslima Nasreen 4. Name the luxury watch collection launched by Seiko Watch India at a price range of Rs.1-5 lakh per piece. Ananta 5. What value of overseas inflow was injected into Indian markets in January 2012? Rs.26,000 crore (US$5.08 billion) 6. Which guidelines have SEBI notified allowing companies to reduce promoter shareholding through private placement? Institutional Placement Programme (IPP) 7. Which company will acquire full control of UTV Software and Communications Ltd.? US-based Walt Disney 8. What is the value of IPO filed by Facebook? $5 billion 9. Expand SAR. Specific Absorption Rate 10. Who was awarded „Pride of India‟ award by the Indian-American community in Washington? Mallikarjun Kharge 11. Name the book launched by Sonu Nigam authored by Priya Kumar. The Perfect World 12. Which Italian luxury brand is looking to bring its high-end homeware and furnishings retail stores to India? Giorgio Armani 13. Which country announced 3-day national mourning following violence at a football stadium in Port Said? Egypt
14. Who is World‟s shortest man ?
72-year-old Chandra Bahadur Dangi of Nepal
15. Which bollywood actor was honoured with a Green Globe award for outstanding effort to fight climate change? Abhishek Bachchan 16. Name the singer who has been appointed as anti-tobacco campaign ambassador. Playback Singer Shann 17. Name the car model unveiled by Sahara Force India. VJM05 18. What award was conferred to Amul company in the manufacturing category recently? Green Globe Foundation award 19. Who have been selected for the Bharat Vikas Rathna award by the All India Business Development Association, New Delhi? C Basavegowda, President, Mysore and Chamarajanagar District Co-operative Central Bank Ltd. 20. Who will be the only Indian driver in the Formula One for 2012 season after signing to continue with Hispania Racing (HRT)? Narain Karthikeyan 21. Name the British energy minister who resigned recently. Chris Huhne 22. Name the car launched by Ferrari for 2012 F1 season? F2012 23. Name the CEO of Micron Technology who died in a plane crash and who has been appointed as CEO? Steve Appleton and Mark Durcan 24. In which country have UN declared end of famine? Somalia
25. Which social networking site turned 8 recently? Facebook 26. Who has been appointed as Executive Director of Corporation Bank? Amar Lal 27. Who won the World Squash Federation under-21 world cup? Egypt against India 2-1 28. Which 3-day youth festival is back after a gap of 7 years in Jaipur? Ghoomar 29. Who won the Champions Trophy women‟s hockey tournament for the 5th time? Argentina 30.Name the Romanian Prime Minister who quit recently. Emil Boc 31. Name the Managing Director and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank who quit recently. Amitabh Chaturvedi 32. Name the Mumbai-based historian who passed away recently. Sharada Dwivedi 31. Name the science communicator who passed away recently. R.D.Sharma 32. In which currency is India set to pay for 45% of Iran oil imports? Rupee 33. Name the Maldives President who was appointed after Mohamed Nasheed quit. Mohammad Waheed Hassan 34. Who has been appointed as Chief executive operations for China‟s Walmart? Greg Foran 35. Name the novelist whose 200th birthday ceremony was observed led by Prince Charles. Chalres Dickens 36. Which company renewed sponsorship deal with Indian hockey team? Sahara 37. Which singer is launching her own social networking website exclusively for her fans? Lady Gaga 38. Name the book featuring the problems of NRI‟s living in Gulf countries released by Mohammed Ali Shabbir and written by Mohammed Saifuddin. Expat Ride
39. India-born biologist who bags world‟s 1st major international award?
40. Which country released world‟s highest resolution lunar images taken by its 2nd moon orbiter, Chang‟e2? China 41. What percentage of the world‟s mangrove vegetation does India account for? 3% 42. Which place in Tamil Nadu is all set to get 4th Science Park? Coimbatore 43. Name the Indian American orthodontist who was honoured with „Hind Rattan Award‟. Dr.Gagan Balla 44. What sum of amount is National Housing Bank set to receive from World Bank which would help in its refinancing programme? $300 million(Rs.1,500 crore) 45. Name the newly elected President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)? R.V.Kanoria 46. Which cricket batting legend is been inducted into ICC Hall of Fame? Sunil Gavaskar 47. Name the commission setup in accordance with Section 74 of the Meghalaya Police Act. Police Accountability Commission 48. What sum of amount has Bank of England set to pump into economy? 50 billion pounds 49. Name the electronics retailer bought by Flipkart for $25 million. Letsbuy 50. When is Windows 8 set to be released by Microsoft? February 29th 2012
51. Veteran Bollywood writer-filmmaker who died recently ?
52. Which company will stop making digital cameras, pocket video cameras and digital picture frames? Eastman Kodak Co. (Kodak) 53. Name the German‟s 1997 Tour de France winner who received 2-year ban for a blood doping offence. Jan Ullrich 54. Who was honoured with Lata Mangehkar award by the Madhya Pradesh government recently? Rajesh Roshan 55. Name the site launched by an Italian computer science professor who hopes it will be a challenge to the US technology giant Google. Volunia (www.volunia.com) 56. Which bank is set to launch India‟s first Infrastructure Debt Fund (IDF)? IDBI bank 57. Where is the wax sculpture of Novak Djokovic revealed? Central Serbian town of Jagodina 58. Who has been appointed as non-executive chairman for India operations by Vodafone? Analjit Singh 59. Name the bollywood writer-filmmaker who passed away recently. O.P.Dutta 60. Why zebras have black and white stripes (recently solved mystery)? To keep blood-sucking files away
61. Which economist is named for US Humanities medal?
62. Who is the first Indian defence minister to visit Saudi Arabia? A.K.Antony 63. Name the former secretary-general of Basketball Federation of India who passed away recently. Harish Sharma 64. Name the US-based pop music queen who died recently. Whitney Houston 65. Who won the women‟s doubles event at the Pattaya Open 2012? Sania Mirza and Anastasia Rodionova 66. Who has been elected as Deputy Chief of Indian Army? Lt.Gen.Ramesh Halgali 67. Who was honoured with a posthumous Grammy award for his contributions to the music industry in area other than performance? Steve Jobs 68. What percentage is the planned road tax for vehicles across India? 6% 69. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director for India and SAARC operations by McAfee? Jagdish Mahapatra 70. Who will replace Eric Simons as Indian cricket bowling coach? Australian, Joe Dawes 71. Who took over as president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the year 2012-13? Jaydeep Shah 72. Name the renowned Urdu poet who passed away after battling lung cancer recently. Akhlaq Mohammad Khan 73. Name the Karnataka Higher Education Minister who passed away in Bangalore recently. V.S.Acharya
74. Who was honoured with Serbia‟s highest honour, the Karadjordje Star medal? Novak Djokovic 75. At what value has Bank of Japan set to expand its asset purchase programme? 10tn yen($130 billion) 76. Where in India 9-day 20th World Book Fair is held? New Delhi Read More 77. Where does India‟s forex reserves stand for the week ended 17th February 2012? $293.44 billion 78. Name the cricketer who was honoured with lifetime membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground. Sachin Tendulkar 79. Which country has been ranked as the world‟s richest country in the list compiled by US magazine Forbes? Qatar 80. Which country did India beat to qualify for London Olympics men‟s hockey 2012? France 81. Which west Asian country approved for new constitution recently? Syria 82. Which model of Nokia phone has been built with 41-megapixel sensor camera? Nokia 808 Pureview camera phone 83. Name the chief appointed for Pakistan Air Force. Air Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt 84. Which company signed a long-term agreement to supply 250 MW power to Bangladesh Power Development Board? NTPC 85. What value of second bailout pacakge did German parliament pass for Greece to help the country avoid a default? 130 billion euros ($174.4 billion) 86. Name the digital music store launched by flipkart.com. Flyte 87. Where in India was the inaugural World Series Hockey tournament held? Chandigarh 88. Which company bagged Airtel‟s network deal for Maharashtra? Nokia Siemens 89. Who has been appointed as chairman of MindTree? Subroto Bagchi
90. Name the online property search portal launched by HDFC in Kolkata HDFC Red 91. Who resigned as PepsiCo India Foods CEO? Varun Berry 92. Name the application launched by Vigyan Prasar and IGNOU as a free SMS service for mobile users that delivers content on science and related areas. Science@Mobile
Youngest ever Microsoft Certified Professional who died recently at the age of 16 ?
Arfa Karim Randhawa Read More 2. What is the total number of districts in Chhattisgarh as on 1st January 2012? 27 3. Where the Coastal Business Development Summit is is held? Mangalore,Karnataka 4. Name the DGP replacing outgoing chief Sankar Baruah for Assam. Jayanta Narayan Choudhury 5. Where National Kannada conference is is set to be held in the month of April? Delhi 6. Which country recently joined UNSC as non-permanent member? Pakistan
7. Who are now allowed to invest in Indian stock market directly? QFI’s – Qualified foreign investors 8. How much of share can a QFI company and QFI‟s put together hold a stake in Indian companies? 5% and 10% 9. Which two countries have strengthened business ties to start trading electricity and petroleum products? India and Pakistan 10. What is SEBI toll free helpline number launched to support 14 languages? 1800 227 575 11. Who has been named male player of the year by Golf writers Association of America? Luke Donald 12. Name the Argentinean bike rider who died after being involved in an accident on the first day of the Dakar Rally. Jorge Martinez Boero 13. Name Afghan‟s first team of female boxers set to aim for Olympics 2012. Shabnam and Sadaf Rahimi 14. Which country test launched first 3D television broadcast? China 15. What rank does Vishwanathan Anand holds as he prepares for 2012 World chess championship? 4th 16. Name the former Macedoninan President who passed away recently.
17. Which Indian ace tennis star withdrew out of Aircel Chennai Open 2012 because of recurring shoulder injury? Somdev Devvarman 18. Where the 5-day 99th Indian Science Congress science event is is set to start on 3rd January 2012? Kalinga Institute of industrial Technology, Bhuvaneshwar, Orrisa 19. What bank account facility is set to be launched in India? Bank Number Portability 20. Name the new education tablet launched by Classteacher Learning Systems, a Delhi based Educational Solutions Provider. Classpad 21. Who has been appointed as chief coach of Kolkata Knight Riders? Trevor Bayliss 22. Where in India is Literary Festival 2012 is scheduled to be held? Jaipur 23. What is the concept introduced by Indian Postal Department (Bihar Postal Circle) to get a personalized stamp with photograph on it? My Stamp 24. Who takes over as Wipro Technologies Senior Vice President and Corporate Treasurer? Manoj Jaiswal 25. Who has been considered for first Gates Innovation Award? Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar 26. Which auto major is set to invest USD142 million at its Chennai plant in India to manufacture a compact sports utility vehicle named EcoSport? Ford India 27. Name the Government policy introduced by Karnataka to boost animation industry. Karnataka Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (KAVGC) Policy 2011 28. Name the ace woman tennis player who withdrew from Australian Open due to left ankle injury. Serena Williams 29. Who has been named as CEO of Yahoo? Scott Thompson
30. Who has been appointed as Senior Vice President in India by CIBER? Vivek.K.Marla 31. Name the interactive presentation tool launched by HP in India. Pocket whiteboard 32. Name the Australian cricket captain who joined the triple-century club recently. Michael Clarke scored 329* against India at SCG 33. Where the national and international theater festival, the Bharat Rang Mahotsav set to be held? National School of Drama, Amritsar 34. Who won gold for triple jump at the all India inter-university athletics meet held in Mangalore, Karnataka? Arpinder Singh 35. Who has been named Chief Information Officer of WildCard Systems? Shahi Kapur 36. Who has been appointed as VP, Chief Information Officer of Qwest Communications? Girish Varma 37. Name the Indian doctor who became famous for his selfless work in China during the Sino-Japan war whose memorial was dedicated to India. Dr.Dwarkanath Shantaram Kotnis 38. Where has Union Government planned to build 11 tunnels to connect important roads? Pakistan and China borders 39. Which version of Internet Explorer is dead as per Microsoft? Internet Explorer 6 40. Name the website launched by Jammu and Kashmir government for the state‟s school education department. www.jkeducation.gov.in 41. Who was given the first S.K.Singh award for negotiating Indo-US nuclear deal? D.Bala Venkatesh Varma 42. Where is the world‟s largest solar telescope set to be built? Merak on Pangong Tso lake in the cold desert Ladakh region 43. Who has been appointed as President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations? Rafeeq Ahmed
44. Which state has planned to teach Bhagavad Gita in schools? Karnataka 45. Which automobile maker has re-entered Indian markets after 13 years? Vespa 46. Who won the doubles title at the Chennai Open 2012? Leander Peas and Janko Tipsarevic 47. Which country has called for Indian investments and sought partnership in oil and gas exploration? Trinidad and Tobago 48. Who has been appointed as Managing Director, President and CEO of Samsung‟s South- West Asia operations? B.D.Park 49. Name the world‟s first hydrogen powered 3-wheeler which was launched by Mahindra and Mahindra at the 11th Auto Expo 2012. HyAlfa 50. Who won the FIFA women‟s World player of the year? Homare Sawa of Japan 51. Who won the FIFA men‟s world player of the year 3rd time in a row? Lionel Messi of Argentina 52. Name the car which won the 2012 North American Car of the year award. Hyundai Elantra 53. Name the Guinea Bissau President who died recently. Malam Bacai Sanha 54. Name the chairman of Swiss National Bank who stepped down recently. Philipp Hildebrand 55. Which company has acquired Bangalore-based event and entertainment guide Buzzintown? Yatra online 56. Which country‟s Prime Minister is to be chief guest at Indian Republic Day parade? Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra 57. How many banks are now allowed to import bullion or precious metals? 35
58. Name the recently added banks to import precious metals. Yes Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, City Union Bank and ING Vysya Bank 59. Which bollywood actor is campaigning for clean voting? Aamir Khan 60. Who took over as Director General Military Operations succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan Verma? Lt Gen Ashok Kumar Chaudhary 61. Name the Chinese dancer who took Bharatanatyam and Kathak to Mao‟s China died recently. Zhang Jun 62. Where the Quick service cum mobile medical dispensary was inaugurated recently? Bodh Gaya Temple premises 63. What is the lowest one-day score by Sri Lanka in the recently held match against South Africa? 43 all out 64. What is the worth of total Private equity investment made in India in 2011? $10.11 billion 65. Which country has been ranked first on nuclear safety? Australia 66. What has Kerala hospital introduced to diagnose small bowel bleeding sites, tumours and ulcers? Wireless Capsule Endoscopy 67. Where does the industrial output stand as of November 2011 in India? 5.9% 68. When did India complete one polio-free year? 13th January 2012 69. What is the cost of cheapest electric car unveiled by Tata in Detroit? $20,000 70. Which legendary singer is set to be honoured with lifetime achievement award at the 18th Annual Colors Screen Awards?
Asha Bhosle 71. Who has been appointed to google board recently? Diane Greene, VMware co-founder 72. Which service the Indian Government has planned to launch for farmers? Interactive medium of spoken web service 73. Who won gold in Asian shooting championship? Abhinav Bindra 74.Which airways bagged best airline award? Ethad Airways 75. Which Indian city is set to host psychiatry conclaves? Kochi 76. Which country reported rare decline of foreign reserves? China 77. Name India‟s first woman journalist who died recently. Homai Vyarawalla 78. Who won the Mumbai marathon title recently? Laban Moiben 79. Where does inflation stand as on 16th January 2012? 7.47% 80. Name the scheme launched by Arunachal Pradesh government for the treatment of Multi Drug Resistant TB patients. Directly Observed Treatment Plus Service (DOTS)
81. Who took charge as Kerala governor? H.R.Bharadwaj 82. Who won the trust of vote in Parliament of Pakistan? Yousuf Raza Gilani 83. Which currency is world‟s most undervalued currency as per Big Mac Index? Indian rupee 84. Who has been appointed as Director Enterprise Business (India and South Asia) by Adobe? Kulmeet Bawa 85. What is the amount received by India in venture capital funding in the solar energy sector? Rs.500 crore 86. Which Government has bought 1.09% worth stake in Reliance Industries? Singapore Government 87. Which bank is likely to increase their presence in Karnataka from the present 71 to 100 branches? Bank of Baroda 88. Name the boxer who turned 70 recently. Mohammad Ali 89. What is the export growth as of December 2011? 6.7% at $25billion 90. Which website is to be shut for 24hrs to stop anti-piracy act? Wikipedia 91. Name the Indian-origin Sikh who has been unanimously elected as the mayor of Charlottesville, a historic American city in Virginia. Satyendra Singh Huja 92. What fund has India planned to launch by July 2012? $1 billion innovation fund 93. Where is the India-Burma talks scheduled on January 19th 2012? Myanmar capital, Naypyitaw 94. Name the Yahoo co-founder who resigned recently. Jerry Yang
95. Which global consulting and IT service provider is set to participate in World Economic Forum? Mahindra Satyam 96. Which card has BSNL launched to facilitate making utility bill payments like electricity and telephone bills? Itz Cash Card (Trust Card) 97. Name the media advisor to Prime Minister who resigned recently. Harish Khare 98. Where India‟s first Startup Village is to be setup? KINFRA Park, Kalamassery, Kochi 99. Expand SOPA & PIPA Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act 100. Which photo pioneer company filed bankruptcy recently? Kodak 101. Which online video streaming site has launched a film festival? YouTube 102. Name the Indian wicketkeeper who is set to debut in place of MS Dhoni in test cricket against Australia. Wriddhiman Saha 103. Where is the Jaipur Literature Festival held in India? Diggi Palace, Jaipur 104. Which file-sharing website has US shut down recently? Megaupload 105. Petroleum ministry recently allowed import of? ATF – Aviation Turbine Fuel 106. Name the new kind of train launched by China. Magnetic train 107. Which auto-maker regained its title as the world‟s top-selling automaker in 2011? General Motors 108. Who is appointed as COO of Intel? Brain Krzanich
109. Who is appointed as Managing Editor of Wall Street Journal? Raju Narisetti 110. Where did India open its 5th Consulate in US? Atlanta 111. Which country is set to join European Union in 2013? Coratia 112. Name the year that is been celebrated across China? Dragon year 113. Who won the Ranji Trophy 2011-12? Rajasthan 114. What rank does India hold to have a nuclear submarine? 6th position 115. Which parliament passed Armenian gernocide bill? French Parliament 116. What is the prevailing CRR as on 25th January 2012? 5.5% 117. Which state‟s theme has been set in 26th Surajkund Crafts Mela in Faridabad, Haryana? Assam 118. Who won Grand slam title in men‟s Australian Open 2012? Djokovic 119. What rank does India hold as steel maker in 2011 as per World Steel Association? 4th rank 120. What sum of capital has been approved to be infused in SBI and PNB? Rs.7,900 crore and Rs.1,285 crore
So enjoy reading…:) 1. Which legendary bollywood actor passed away recently at the age of 88 ? Dev Anand Read More
2. Which two social networking sites have joined hands to challenge Facebook? Twitter amd Mixi 3. What values of preferential shares have Air India‟s lenders were approved by its board? Rs.7,500 crore 4. Who has been appointed as Executive Director of Indian Overseas Bank? A.D.M.Chavali 5. Which Indian banks credit ratings have been assigned stable tag by Standard and Poor International rating agency? State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Indian Bank 6. Name the 2-day literature festival scheduled to be held in Delhi. Samanvay: IHC Bharatiya Bhasa Mahotsav 7. Name the Apple‟s co-founder who is set to visit India‟s technology capital. Steve Wozniak 8. Where is ITC set to build $300 million hotel? Colombo, Sri Lanka 9. Name the Indian American who has been chosen as the most powerful woman in California by National Diversity Council. Shefali Duggal 10. Name the short film about child poverty in India which won the Golden Lmap Tree award at the 42nd International Film festival. Another Planet 11. Which country‟s first female athlete is set to participate in Olympics 2012? Saudi Arabia 12. Who is set to take over as LG Display Co. Ltd.‟s Chief Executive in 2012? Han Sang-beom 13. Name the Indian origin American who won Guardian First Book award. Siddhartha Mukherjee 14. Which telecom provider is set to allow its mobile subscribers in India to access microblogging site Twitter on their handsets free of cost until March 1st, 2012? Bharti Airtel
15. Which foreign lender bank has launched fixed rate for home loan and loans against property? HSBC 16. Which actor was recently in India to promote his movie Mission Impossible -4? Tom Cruise 17. Who has been named captain of the IPL team Rajasthan Royals for the 5th Edition? Rahul Dravid 18. Which 2 teams have decided to withdraw from F1 teams associations? Ferrari and Red Bull 19. Name the Iranian teenager who won World Snooker title recently. Hossein Vafaei Ayouri 20. Which Colombian film bagged Golden Peacock award at the 42nd International Film Festival in India? Porfirio 21. Which company introduced disabled-friendly tools for application in software of common use as the world observed World Disability Day on December 3rd 2011? Microsoft India 22. Which bank picked up 51% stake in Bharti Axa Mutual Fund? Bank of India 23. Which channel did Pakistan cable operators block recently? BBC World News 24. Name the Former Brazil soccer captain who died recently. Socrates 25. Where the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is set to open an office to boost economic ties between the 2 countries? Kathmandu, Nepal 26. Who won the Golf Hong Kong Open? Rory McIlroy 27. Who is set to receive Humanitarian award which is to be presented by Harvard Foundation? Lionel Richie
28. Which tamil song has been treated as classic example of viral marketing as per Indian Institute of Management? Why this Kolaveri Di? 29. Who got the winning point as Spain won the fifth Davis Cup title? Rafael Nadal 30. Name the debut Marathi movie of Helen which is set to release on December 16th 2011. One Room Kitchen 31. Which bank was fined 10.5 million pounds for mis-selling to elderly? HSBC 32. Which state‟s chief minister has surpassed other politicians to emerge as the most popular politico on social media?
Gujarat Chief Minister. Narendra Modi 33. Which country has over taken India as „Diabetes Capital‟? China 34. When is the inaugural 3-day global conference on „Tax and Inequality‟ scheduled to begin in India? 7th December to 9th December 2011
35. Who have been nominated for FIFA World Player of the Year award? Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Xavi Hernandez 36. Use of which notes is to be treated as terror act? Fake Notes 37. When the National Telecom Policy is set to be rolled out? 2012 38. Which bank is set to buy more than half of Barclays Indian credit card portfolio? Standard Chartered Bank 39. Who has been appointed as Manufacturers Association for Information Technology‟s executive director? Sabyasachi Patra 40. Which company recently got NOC from ONGC to sell major stake in its Indian unit to Vedanta Resources? Carin India 41. Name the mobile app company which Facebook acquired recently. Gowalla 42. Who resigned from Hindustan Unilever Board recently? HDFC Chairman Deepak Parekh 43. Name the US scriptwriter who debuted with Bollywood kid books. Nico Raposo 44. Who has been appointed as Managing Director for India by Research in Motion? Sunil Dutt 45. Which 3 countries are set to hold Trilateral meet in Washington? India, US and Japan 46. When is the 2012 Indian Grand Prix scheduled to be held? October 28th 2012 47. When is the Direct Tax Code (DTC) scheduled to come into force in India? From 1st April 2012 48. Against whom did Vishwanthan Anand loose in recently held London Chess Classic? Hikaru Nakamura 49. Which Indian state is set to get Green Field Industrial Corridor? Arunachal Pradesh
50. Which artist won the 2011 Turner Prize? Martin Boyce 51. Which singer won six awards in 2011 American Country Awards? Jason Aldean 52. Who is the 2nd person to score double century in One-day International cricket? Virendar Sehwag Read More 53. Who has been appointed as VP of Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers for Asia? Xiaodong Lee 54. Who has been appointed to head UN audit panel? CAG – Vinod Rai 55. Which country becomes 3rd biggest US arms purchaser? India 56. Which Mail service is now available in 8 Indian languages? Yahoo Mail 57. Who is set to be civil aviation minister of India? Ajit Singh 58. Which 2 states to have separate IAS, IPS and IFS cadres? Manipur and Tripura 59. Who has been appointed as Director General, Central Health Services for Bihar? Dr.Jagdish Prasad 60. Which business school has been ranked 2nd best MBA School in Asia-Pacific? IIM Ahmedabad 61. Who won the 2011 Indian National Rally Championship? Gaurav Gill(co-driver Musa Sherif) 62. Name the telugu film producer popularly known as „Mallemala‟ who passed away recently. M.S.Reddy 63. Name the Argentine President who is sworn in for 2nd term. Cristina Fernandez
64. Name the award that was conferred to Bharti Airtel recently. Telecom Centre of Excellence Award 65. Name the Indian footballer, an assistant manager of Indian Bank who passed away recently. Hamilton Bobby 66. Who resigned as National Cricket Academy chairman?
Anil Kumble 67. Where was the midnight marathon held recently? Bangalore 68. When is the World Series Hockey postponed to? February 29th 2012 69. Which country is set to open military base in Indian Ocean? China 70. Who is set to make film on 26/11 attacks? Ram Gopal Verma 71. Who has been named PGA Tour Player of the Year? Luke Donald 72. Which bank has been selected as best public sector bank in India? Bank of Baroda 73. Name the NRI industrialist who has been conferred with the Life Time Achievement award for his contribution in various fields.
Lord Swraj Paul 74. Who won the under-14 boys American Cup Tennis Championship in Miami, Florida? Sumit Nagal 75. Which state schools are set to implement Trimester system from 2012-13 academic year? Tamil Nadu 76. Which were the 3 anti-graft bills passed recently by Union Cabinet in India? Whistleblowers Bill or Public Interest Disclosure and Protection to Persons Making the DisclouserBill, Judicial Accountability Bill and Grievance Redressal Bill 77. Which Indian University is set to tie-up with Canada‟s Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in the area of biology? M.S.University 78. Name the NRI architect who won Glory of India Award and Certificate of Excellence. Ar Mohammed Aun 79. Which Noble Laureate‟s book containing poems and other works fetched $170,500 at a Sotheby‟s auction? Rabindranath Tagore 80. Which country is set to host BRICS Trade Ministers in March 2012? India 81. For what purpose India and Russia recently signed a deal? To produce 42 Sukhoi fighters
82. Which bank launched „Bank on wheels‟ in Karnataka recently? State Bank of India 83. Which major bill was cleared by Indian Union Cabinet on 18th December 2011? Food Security Bill 84. Who has been honoured Banker of the Year award 2010-11?
Ravi Pillai 85. Name the Former Miss Venezuela who died of breast cancer. Eva Ekvall 86. Where is China set to begin work on the world‟s highest airport? Tibet’s Nagqu town (4,436 metres or 14,553 feet above sea level) 87. Where in Russia is the world‟s deepest metro station set to be unveiled? St.Petersburg, Admiralteiskaya station 88. At what value have India and Japan agreed for currency swap? $15 billion 89. Where has Aditya Birla Group set to invest $500 million? Turkey 90. Name the 2 Indian umpires and judge who have been appointed for the 2012 London Olympics hockey event. R.V.Raghu Prasad and Claudius De Sales 91. What values of preferential shares have Air India‟s lenders were approved by its board? Rs.7,500 crore
92. Who has been appointed as Executive Director of Indian Overseas Bank? A.D.M.Chavali
Nov 2012 Who has been sworn in as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister?
Nabam Tuki 2.Who has been reappointed as the Secretary General of 54-nation Commonwealth of Nations for 2nd consecutive term? Kamalesh Sharma 3. Which Indian cricketer has been chosen for the Dilip Sardesai award?
Ravichandran Ashwin 4. Name the MAN industries chairman who passed away recently. JM Mansukhani 5. Who won the 38th women‟s National Premier Chess championship? Tania Sachdev
6. Who has been named best European investment banker of the year? Anshu Jain 7. Which country‟s cabinet unanimously decided to grant India Most Favoured Nation trade status? Pakistan 8. Which country is set to donate used laptop for charity? Dubai 9. Who is set to be appointed as Morocco‟s first-ever Prime Minister? Abdelilah Benkirane 10. Which car range of Ariel Motor‟s is set to arrive in India? Atom range 11.Who is set to lead the Indian team in the 4-nation Shastri junior women‟s hockey tournament? Poonam Rani 12. Where the world‟s biggest stupa has has been planned? Gujarat, 351 feet high stupa towering over a 151 feet statue of Buddha 13. Name the countries which have pressed the Europeans to act swiftly to contain their sovereign debt crisis. China, Russia and the United States 14. Name the RIM‟s Managing Director for India who quit recently. Frenny Bawa 15. Which music application of RIM for its popular messaging service is to be made available for downloading? BBM Music 16. Who has former sports minister Manohar Singh Gill recommended for the Padma Award? 100 year old Fauja Singh who stunned the world by completing the Tokyo Marathon 17. What is the name given to James Bond‟s recent movie? Skyfall 18. Who has been awarded The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star by Japan? Maruti Suzuki India Chairman R.C.Bhargava
19. Name the Greek Prime Minister who won confidence vote recently. George Papandreou 20. In which district of Karnataka would the Biotech Park worth Rs.103.27 crore was approved by cabinet recently? Mysore 21. Which is the recent Tablet PC running on windows operating system revealed by HP? Slate 2 Tablet PC 22. Which 15-day league is all set to start in Karnataka from 5th November 2011? KBL – Karnataka Badminton League 23. Who scored triple ton for Saurashtra in Ranji Trophy match against Orissa? Ravindra Jadeja, 314 runs off 375 balls 24. Which sporting event is set to return after a gap of 5 years to Bangalore? National Badminton Championship 25. When the Bengaluru International Film Festival is is set to be held? December 15th to December 22nd 2011 26. How many foreign films are to be screened at the Bengaluru International Film Festival? 130 27. Name one of the oldest singers who passed away recently ?
Bhupen Hazarika 28. Name the woman officer who became the fourth generation of a family to serve police continuously since 1921. Manusmriti 29. What value of demand drafts to be account payee only as per RBI notification? Above Rs.20,000 30. Where is the 17th SAARC summit to be held? Addu city in Maldives 31. On whose name has the Manchester United renamed the north stand at its Old Trafford stadium? Sir Alex Ferguson manager of Manchester United since 25 years
32. Which banks total business has crossed Rs.25,000 crore mark recently? City Union Bank 33. Name the new cement launched by ACC specially focused for coastal areas. Coastal Plus 34. What is the validity of banks drafts, pay orders and cheques from the date of issuing, starting April 1st 2012? 3 month validity 35. Who has been crowned Miss South India? Bangalore beauty Lakhsmi Anand 36. Who won the Miss World crown for 2011? Miss Venezuela – Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colimenares 37. Who won the WTA Tournament of Champions title at Bali? Ana Ivanovic 38. Who won the World Golf Championship – HSBC Champions golf tournament at Shangai? Martin Kaymer of Germany 39. Who has been approached for a motivational campaign during 2012 London Olympics? Deepika Padukone 40. Who became India‟s most prolific Test wicketkeeper getting past Syed Kirmani‟s longstanding record of 198 Test dismissals? Mahendra Singh Dhoni with 200 dismissals 41. What is the new kind of password developed by researchers for online account to help protect against hacking? Picture password 42. Name the CBS television commentator who died recently. Andy Rooney 43. What has been made mandatory at the time of buying motor insurance by IRDA? Nominee name 44. Where is India‟s largest telescope set to be placed for watching distant stars and galaxies? Devasthal – 50km from Nanital town
45. Which company has been named top Indian company for investor relations? Infosys 46. Who won the Guatemala presidential election? Otto Perez Molina 47. Which country‟s Prime Minister made a surprise visit to Afghanistan? Australian PM Julia Gillard 48. Which award is singer Lata Mangeshkar set to receive? K.L.Saigal award by Savitri Samiti 49. Which team won gold at the World patrol meet? Indian Army team 50. Who won the Swiss Indoors tennis tournament title? Roger Federer 51. Who became the first cricketer to score 15,000 runs in test cricket? Sachin Tendulkar 52. Who has won the Ezhuthachan award (highest literary prize instituted by Kerala Government ? M.T.Vasudevan Nair 53. Which country has banned Apple iPhone? Germany 54. Who bought the rights of American TV series 24? Anil Kapoor 55. Who became 7th Indian to take 5 wickets on debut for India?
R.Ashwin 56. Name the 1989 Nobel Prize physicist who died recently. Norman Ramsey
57. Who has been picked by Force India for Abu Dhabi‟s young Formula 1 driver test? Max Chilton 58. Which agreement has India and Nepal due to sign? DTAA – Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement 59. Which company recently setup its R and D centre in India for e-commerce solutions? Walmart 60. Which country has been reinstated to the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification tournament? Myanmar 61. At what price the Centre is set to supply rice to all below poverty line families under the proposed Food Security Act? Re.1 per kg 62. Which Spanish bank is to setup a representative office in India to help Spanish companies to tap into the fast growing Indian economy? Caixabank 63. What is the unique feature of HTC edge which is set to be released in 1st quarter of 2012? First Quad-Core smartphone 64. Which educational institutes of Britain have introduced Study of Ancient India? Cambridge University 65. Where is the Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber Physical Systems has been unveiled? Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 66. Who has been named Greek interim Prime Minister? Lucas Papademos 67. Which are the 2 awards or recognitions India bagged at the World Travel Market 2011? World’s Leading Destination and World’s Leading Tourist Board award 68. Who has been appointed as CEO of UBS India? Aashish Kamat 69. What is Australia‟s lowest Test cricket score in 109 years? 47 all out against South Africa in 2011
70. Who became the first wicketkeeper to cross 500 catches? Mark Boucher 71. Which Indian city is set to host the World Economic Forum‟s India Economic Summit? Mumbai 72. Name the Mexican Interior Minister who was killed in a helicopter crash recently. Francisco Blake 73. Which tennis icon won the 800th match of his career? Roger Federer 74. Which airlines recommendation to financial bail out appears to have failed? Kingfisher Airlines 75. Name the Nobel laureate who is set to lead Liberian peace initiative. Laymah Gbowee 76. Which continent is fast-emerging IT market, as the name Dark Continent fades off? Africa 77. Which scenes have been banned by Indian Government in movies and TV recently? Smoking scenes 78. With what motto has SAARC summit 2011 concluded? Building bridges, Resolve to fight terrorism and implementation of South Asian Free Trade Agreement (SAFTA) 79. What is the increased interest rate for savings in Post office in India? 4 percent 80. Where has the biggest ever diamond unearthed in India? 37.68 carat diamond has been unearthed by NMDC at Panna in Madhya Pradesh 81. Which country would host 18th SAARC summit in 2012? Nepal 82. Where is the India‟s first ocenarium planned? Sindhudurg district in Maharashtra 83. Who are been named athlete of the year 2011? Usain Bolt of Jamaica and Sally Pearson of Australia 84. Which country has been suspended from Arab league and why? Syria, to end violence against protesters, and called for sanctions and transition talks with opposition
85. Which country senate cleared economic reform bill recently? Italy 86. Which medal did India bag in Lal Bahadur Shastri Under-21 women‟s hockey tournament? Bronze 87. Who became the first foreign head of government or state to address „People‟s Majlis‟, Maldives‟ Parliament in its history of 78 years? Indian Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh 88. Name the 1968 Noble prize for medicine winner, who died recently.
Gobind Khorana 89. Which country has announced USD 100 million credit facility to Maldives? India 90. Which stadium is set to host opening match of World Series Hockey starting on December 17th 2011? Dhyan Chand National Stadium 91. Who resigned as Italian Prime Minister recently? Silvio Berlusconi 92. Which country is set to host 2018 Commonwealth Games? Australia 93. Which city is set to host 2017 world athletic championship? London
94. Name the cricket writer who died recently. Peter Roebuck 95. Name the website launched by commonwealth war graves commission to honour undivided India‟s war heroes. www.cwgc.org 96. Who won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2011? Lewis Hamilton 97. Who has been appointed as SEBI chief? U.K.Sinha 98. Who won the Paris Masters 2011 title for the first time? Roger Federer 99. Who won the men‟s doubles Paris Masters title 2011? Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi 100. Where is the Asia-Pacific summit being held? Hawaii 101. Name the first animated film in Kannada for children which are to be screened at the 17th edition of the International Children‟s Film festival in Hyderabad. Chintu’s Skool 102. When is Goa scheduled to host Asian Beach games? 2018 103. Who has been appointed as Prime Minister of Italy? Mario Monti 104. Where the 31st India International Trade Fair (IITF) is being held? Pragathi Maidan, New Delhi 105. All ministers of which state have submitted resignations ahead of cabinet reshuffle? Rajasthan state ministers 106. Which cabinet has proposed division of Uttar Pradesh into 4 states? Uttar Pradesh (Mayawati) cabinet 107. Who is set to take over as General Motors President and MD of India operations from 1st January 2012? Lowell Paddock
108. Which Canadian city bids to host IIFA in 2013? Vancouver 109. Which tennis star has been named WTA player of the year?
Petra Kvitova 110. Who has been selected for Swaralaya-Devarajan Master award? KJ. Yesudas 111. Which bank became the 1st lender to raise funds in offshore yuan in China? IDBI 112. Who becomes first US president to take part in East Asian nations summit?
113. Who is set to be honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Dubai International Film Festival? A.R.Rahman 114. Name the bank which has launched MobileBank Accounts in association with Vodafone‟s m-paisa. HDFC Bank Oct 2012 Recently which Ghazal Singer and Padmabhushan Awardee, Passed Away in Mumbai ?
-Jagjit Singh Veteran ghazal singer Jagjit Singh passed away on 10 October 2011 in Mumbai. He was 70. He was admitted in Lilavati Hospital for more than two weeks. The singer had undergone an emergency surgery for brain hemorrhage at the Hospital on 23 September 2011. 2. Name the Ex-Chief Minister of Karnataka who was arrested recently. B.S.Yeddyurappa 3. Name the 3D animation film Shemaroo Entertainment which is set to release online. Super K 4. Who is set to head special purpose vehicle called the GST Network? Nandan Nilekani 5.Which business has NIIT sold to Skillsoft for $110 million? Element K 6. Who has been appointed as commissioner for the AFC Champions League final? FIFA badge holder Gautam Kar
7. Name the men‟s and women‟s singles National champions who won the Fenesta National Championship. Yuki Bhambri and Rutuja Bhonsle 8. Name the Indian golfer who finished 2nd in the Hero Indian Open golf tournament. Chiragh Kumar 9. Name the Indian women‟s discus thrower who qualified for London Olympics after clinching gold medal at an event of the Fling Throw Meet in Portland, USA.
Krishna Poonia 10. Upon whose name a highway leading south out of the capital in Grenada is set to be renamed? Kirani James Boulevard 11. Which director is set to make film on mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan? Roger Spottiswoode 12. Name the team which won the Durand Cup? Churchill Brothers 13. Which former Ranji Player died after falling from train at Vaikom in Kottayam? K.R.Krishna Varma 14. Name the 69-year-old who collapsed and died minutes after fulfilling his life-long ambition of climbing Africa‟s highest mountain peak, Mount Kilimanjaro. Alistair Cook
15. Which Bollywood movie have been watched by over 1.3 lakh Chinese since its Mandarin version release? Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots 16. Which Asian Advertising congress is coming back to India after 8 years? Ad Asia (October 31st to November 3rd 2011) 17. Name the education technology solution launched by Texas Instruments in association with CORE Education and Technologies to facilitate a better learning experience for students in classrooms across India. STEMpower 18. Who has been honoured with Dr.B.Saroja Devi award recently? Dr.Vyjayanthimala 19. Who is set to receive Mahatma Gandhi peace prize in South Africa? Dalai Lama 20. Name the rocket and navigation satellite launched by Russia after August‟s space ship crash. Soyuz-2 rocket launched a GLONASS navigation satellite 21. Who has been voted as 2nd most powerful business-woman in US?
Indra Nooyi 22. Which company has struck natural gas reserves in its first well drilled in the offshore Mannar basin in Sri Lanka? Cairn India 23. Who has been selected to create the theme music for the London Olympics 2012? Scottish rocker Mark Ronson
24. Which Indian shuttler finished runner-up in Czech International Open? Arundhati Pantawane 25. Which IAS officer has joined as Prime Minister‟s principal secretary? Pulok Chatterjee 26. Name the trio who received Nobel Medicine Prize for immune system research. Bruce Beutler of USA, Jules Hoffmann Luxembourg and Ralph Steinman Canada 27. Which FM radio channel has taken initiative to make Goddess Durga idol out of biodegradable and recyclable waste material in Kolkata? OYE 104.8 FM 28. Who is called as the Gandhian of Brazil? Lia Diskin 29. Who is the inventor of the implantable cardiac pacemaker which keeps the heartbeat in a regular rhythm? Wilson Greatbatch 30. What is the name of the China‟s first space Laboratory? Tiangong-1 31. Name the famous television personality of CBS News channel‟s program called “60 minutes” retired recently? Andy Rooney 32. Which UAE telecom giant recently launched 4G mobile broadband network in UAE? Etisalat 33. Who retired as the CEO of Hyundai Motor co. recently? Yang Seung-suk 34. Name the planetary scientist who worked for NASA recently died? Micheal J.Drake 35. Name the three Indian boxers who have qualified for London Olympics 2012? Jai Bhagwan, L.Devendro Singh and Manoj Kumar 36. Name the Afghan President who was in India for a two-day visit. Hamid Karzai 37. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation? Sudhir Vasudeva
38. Name the MD and VP, Nokia India, who has been assigned global role to head India, Middle East and Africa region. D.Shivakumar 39. Name the company which has launched apps for iPad and Android phones recently. Adobe 40. Who has shot a film in 47 days titled „Facebook‟? RP.Patnaik 41. Who won the 2011 Nobel prize in chemistry? Israeli scientist Daniel Shechtman for his discovery of quasicrystals 42. Name the world‟s cheapest laptop launched in India. Aakash 43. Name the Ashes hero who died at the age of 52. Former England fast bowler, Graham Dilley 44. Who won the Irani Cup 2011? Rest of India Team 45. Name the application launched by Monster India for Facebook users. BeKnown 46. Name the Galaxy version mobile launched by Samsung India. Galaxy Y 47. What is the financial strength rating retained for ICICI Bank while SBI‟s rating is downgraded from „C-‟ to „D+‟ by Moody‟s? C48. Name the person who has been conferred at the 2011 Telstra NSW Business Women‟s Award for her contribution to world‟s first green steel manufacturing process. Veena Sahajwalla 49. Name the Apple co-founder who passed away recently. Steve Jobs 50. Which four teams entered semi-finals in Champions League Twenty-20 cricket? Somerset, Mumbai Indians, New South Wales and Royal Challengers Bangalore 51. Name the Swedish poet who won 2011 Nobel in literature. Tomas Transtromer
52. Name the Sanskrit scholar and a former director of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan who passed away recently. Mathoor Krishnamurthi 53. Which countries President have offered hindi films to be shot at the picturesque country? Austrian President 54. Which country has won first victory in UNESCO vote? Palestine 55. What is the annual inflation as of September 2011 in Sri Lanka? 7.2per cent 56. Whose museum was inaugurated in Austria recently? Schwarzenegger 57. Name the 3 women who share the Nobel Peace Prize 2011. Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian peace activist Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkul Karman of Yemen for work on women’s rights 58. Who booked the finals berth in Champions League Twenty 20 cricket tournament 2011? Royal Challengers Bangalore 59. Name the Lord Mayor of London who will be on a 5-day visit to India from October 10th 2011 to strengthen economic ties between India and the UK. Lord Mayor Michael Bear 60. Name the 2 British banks which included in the list of 12 whose credit ratings were downgraded by Moody‟s. Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds TSB 61. Who won the Showjumping Open title on the opening day of the South India Equestrian championship? Hrishika Basappa 62. Which software‟s updated version has been launched by Infosys? Finacle e-Banking solution 63. Who won the Shanghai Masters title? Andy Murray 64. Which day has been declared as „Steve Jobs Day‟? 16th October
65. Name the businessman who won the Queen‟s award for enterprise 2011 in london. Dr.Rami Ranger 66. Who won the MotoGP title for the fifth consecutive year at the Australian Grand Prix? Casey Stoner 67. Who won the Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix 2011? Sebastian Vettel 68. Name the Australian University which has offered Amitabh Bachchan honorary doctorate for his contribution to the world of entertainment. Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane 69. Which country is backing to rebuild Nalanda University in India? China 70. Name India‟s longest tunnel opened in Jammu and Kashmir recently. Pir Panjal railway tunnel (10.96km) 71. When is the IPL 5 scheduled for 2012? April 4th to May 27th 2012 72. What is the degraded debt rating of Spain as per Standard and Poor‟s? AA- from AA 73. Name the British CEO whom Olympus sacked recently. Michael Woodford 74. Who is set to replace Liam Fox as UK defence minister? Philip Hammond 75. Name the Italian Prime Minister who survived confidence vote. Silvio Berlusconic 76. Where was the world‟s largest blind symbol unveiled? A yellow banner with three black spots was unveiled at Vienna’s St.Stephen’s Cathedral 77. Which technology major acquired Skype for $8.5 billion? Microsoft Sep 2012
Who has been appointed the new director of Indian Institute of Technology-Madras ?
-Bhaskar Ramamurthi Former student of IIT–Madras becomes its director Read More 2. Which Country now allows transgender option in passports? Australia 3. Expand ICBC. Which bank from Mainland, China has set up shop in India? Industrial and Commercial Bank of China 4. Which 3 technology major are planning advertisement sale? Yahoo, AOL and Microsoft 5. Who has been appointed as British Deputy Commissioner representing United Kingdom in Karnataka? Ian Felton 6. What is the CRR, Repo and Reverse Repo Rate as on 16th September 2011? CRR – 6.00%, Repo – 8.25% and Reverse Repo – 7.25% 7. Which company bagged two awards for Jaguar and Land Rover from Autoweek at the Frankfurt Motor Show? Tata Motors 8. In which part of India has new species of frog found? Western ghats
9. What is the limitation on SMSes have TRAI imposed per day per sim from 27th of September 2011? 100 per day from per SIM 10. Who took over as CEO and MD of ONGC Videsh Ltd.? Dinesh K.Sarraf 11. What rank did Rahul Dravid hold as he retired from One-Day International cricket? 118 12. Name the Board launched by Indian Medical Association to give doctor community a say in formulation of major policies in the health sector. Hospital Board of India 13. What is the percentage of Dearness Allowance hike announced by Government and it is effective from which date? 7% and 1st July 2011 14. Who has raised USD 57,600 for the ongoing efforts in Japan following the devastating earthquake and tsunami? Heavy rockers Iron Maiden 15. Where is the (NSG) National Security Guard hub setup in India and due for inauguration? Kolkata 16. When and Where is the 64th Auto Show being held? 15th September to 25th September 2011 Frankfurt, Germany 17. Who has been appointed as chief of ITBP? Ranjit Sinha 18. Which country showcased Central Asia‟s high-speed train (254km per hour)? Uzbekistan 19. Which three Japanese electronics giant are set to merge small and medium- sized display businesses for smartphones and tablet computers? Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi 20. Who was awarded with German‟s top honour, silver laurel leaf? Dirk Nowitzi 21. What is the food inflation for the week ended August 20th 2011? 10.05%
22. Which middle-east country is set to invest in Indian markets? Iran 23. Which country‟s court has banned Samsung tablet computer? Germany 24. Which hockey tournament has been moved out of India as FIH is unhappy with the sport being run by 2 bodies – Hockey India and Indian Hockey Federation? Champions Trophy Hockey tournament 25. Which country-men and who won the men‟s 5000 metre world title at the World Athletics Championships in Daegu? Britian’s Mo Farah 26. Name the architect who designed 133-foot Thiruvalluvar statue in Kanyakumari passed away recently.
-V.Ganapati Sthapati 27. Which Indian-American elected as the governor of a US state filed his re-election papers? Bobby Jindal 28. Which ERP platform has IBM decided to implement at Automotive Axles? SAP 29. Which country has qualified for Euro 2012 finals after winning over Liechtenstein? Spain
30. How many items has been announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as duty free from Bangladesh? 61 items 31. Which 2 Hockey teams matches were drawn in Asian Championship Trophy? India and Malaysia 32. Name the CDMA based Android 2.1 handset launched by Reliance Communications. Coolpad CDMA 33. Four year-old ban on which export product was lifted at the same time prohibition on another product laid by Government? Wheat and Onion 34. Which legendary singer turned 78 and debuts dubbing for her Bollywood film, „Maaee‟? Asha Bhonsle 35. Who took charge as Chief General Manager of State Bank of India for Bangalore Circle, covering Karnataka? Ashwini Mehra 36. Which Korean consumer electronics re-entered Indian notebook market after a gap of 2 and half years? LG Electronics 37. Name the version of Windows Operating System that Microsoft is about to launch. Windows 8 38. Which K.K.Birla company is temporarily closed due to shortage of naptha, a raw material needed to manufacture agricultural fertilizers? Zuari Industries Limited 39. Mention the value of exports and imports as on July 2011. Exports: USD 29.3 billion Imports: USD 40.4 billion 40. Who was conferred with IIT(Kharagpur) alumnus award for his contribution to innovation in transport infrastructure development? B.B.Pandey, a Bihar Professor 41. Which Asian country is all set open up Nuclear Business with India? Japan
42. Which automobile major is planning to launch SUV in India and South Africa by end of 2011? Mahindra and Mahindra 43. Who has joined Sundaram-Clayton board as Additional Director? Sudarshan Venu 44. Who won the FIFA International friendly football match? Argentina 45. Name the CEO of Tata Motors who quit recently. Carl-Peter Forster 46. Which country has lifted ban on gays to donate blood? UK 47. Who is in race to become CEO of Yahoo? Rapper Snoop Dogg 48. When and where India‟s First Film Museum is set to be ready for inauguration? 2013 in Mumbai 49. Name the diesel versions of Etios launched by Toyota. Entry-level Etios sedan and Compact car Etios Liva 50. Who is all set to be Chief Minister of Uttarakhand?
B.C.Khanduri 51. Name the economy, trade and industry minister who resigned in Japan‟s 8-day old Government. Yoshio Hachiro 52. India‟s finance ministry has launched its page on which social networking site? Facebook
53. Which mode of exam has Delhi University is set to scarp instead adopt Common Admission Test(CAT)? Faculty of Management Studies 54. Name the weather satellite ISRO is set to launch with Indo-French collaboration on 12th October 2011. Megha Tropiques 55. Who won the hockey Asian Champions Trophy against Pakistan? India 56. Who won the Italian Grand Prix 2011? Sebastian Vettel 57. Who won the women‟s singles Tennis tournament US Open 2011? Samantha Stosur 58. Who won the women‟s mixed doubles Tennis tournament US Open 2011? Lisa Raymond and Liezel Huber 59. Name the mobile phone from Vodafone with dedicated Facebook button on it. Vodafone Blue 60. Who has been elected as president of BCCI? N.Srinivasan 61. Who has been appointed as IPL Chief? Rajiv Shukla 62. Which UAE college has Birla Institure of Technology is set to operate? Royal College of Applied Science and Technology 63. Which sandalwood female actor is set to contest for Youth Congress chief post? Ramya 64. Which kannada poet has been selected for Knanpith Award, India‟s highest literary honour? Chandrashekhara Kambar 65. Which two Hindi authors have been chosen for India‟s highest literary honour Jnanpith Award for 2009? Shrilal Shukla and Amar Kant 66. What and which European nation credit rating has been downgraded by S&P? From A+/A-1+ to A/A-1, Italy
67. Which service has Google opened to all taking fight to Facebook? Google Plus 68. In order to help farmers and push retail prices ban on which product export has been lifted recently? Onion 69. Who has bee re-elected as chief of Karnataka Milk Federation? G.Somashekara Reddy 70. In which country the Indian Council for Cultural Relations is set to inaugurate the Gandhi Centre on October 2nd? Netherlands 71. Which part of India has been hit by bird flu recently? West Bengal and Assam 72. Who won his maiden World Championship cycle tournament? 6-time Russian champion Peter Svidler 73. Which group has bagged the Network of the Year trophy at the Spikes Asia Advertising Festival in Singapore? DDB Group 74. Which Dubai-based company has picked up 12% stake in Everonn Education? Varkey Group’s education firm Gems education 75. Name the company which divided its business into operating and network division recently. Maxis-owned Aircel 76. Which 2 teams have been qualified for Champions League Twenty 20 cricket main draw? Kolkata Knight Riders and Somerset 77. Which 2 players were handed lifeline after Hockey India lifted two-year ban imposed on them for indiscipline?
Sandeep Singh and Sardara Singh 78. Name the board which is to be setup for all policy and certification related issues of the automobile industry. National Automotive board 79. When is the World Twenty 20 cricket scheduled to begin? September 18th 2012 80. Whose proposal of ODI format change was rejected by ICC recently? Sachin Tendulkar 81.Which country‟s UN membership bid was rejected by US President Barack Obama recently? Palestine 82. How long is the Emergency law valid in Egypt as the military council? Until June 2012 83. Which city is the first to introduce all-electric cabs? Mexico city(Mexico) 84. Which company has produced the first glasses-free 3-D TV? Toshiba 85. Which is the new hollywood sports movie in which Brad pitt is in lead role? Money ball Aug -2012 Who becomes first Indian woman to cross Gobi desert ?
- Sucheta 33 year old women from Pune, has successfully crossed the arduous 1,623 km stretch of the Gobi desert, the largest in Asia and the fifth in the world 2. Iscom along with Elmwood College, St.Andrew‟s UK has launched a Post-Graduate course for which sporting event? Post-graduate programme in golf management 3. Who has been ranked world No.1 in double trap shooting as per the ISSF world rankings? Ronjan Sodhi 4. Asia‟s largest solar energy park to be hosted by which state ? - Gujarat would house the largest solar energy park in Asia in two years, with a power production capacity of 500 Mw. This would be set up with an investment of around Rs 8,000 crore flowing from companies such as GMR and Lanco, which have been assigned generation capacities under the Gujarat Solar Mission. 5. Which UK-listed miner gets formal approval from the Indian government for its acquisition of stake in Cairn India? Vedanta Resources or Vedanta 6. Which Tata group firm is set to open online consumer durables and electronics store? Tata Croma 7. Which company has launched its first Financial Technology Grid to offer services in banking domain? Polaris software 8. Which computer manufacturer has introduced rupee symbol on desktop computer keyboard, compatible with Microsoft softwares? LenovoIndia 9. Which country has approved plans to setup first Tibetian bank? China 10. Who has been appointed as consulting head for India at Capgemini? Anish Sarkar 11. Name the sedan unveiled by Nissan India. Sunny 12. Who has been sworn in a Karnataka‟s Chief Minister? D.V.Sadananda Gowda Read More
13. Which molecule has been found in Orion constellation of stars? 1 molecule of Oxygen was found for every million hydrogen molecules 14. Name the version of Media Reader launched by Kingston. USB 3.0 Media Reader 15. Which bank has launched a service of accepting income tax payment through ATMs? HDFC Bank 16. Who has been takes charge as the 23rd chief of the Indian Air Force ? - N A K Browne Ace fighter pilot Norman Anil Kumar Browne took over as the 23rd chief of the Indian Air Force from Air Chief Marshal P V Naik, who retired after putting in 42 years of service. 17. Who has joined Gordon Brothers Group as Chief Executive Officer? Gary Talarico 18. Which country is all set to shut 40% (800 approx.) of its data centres to reduce hefty technology budget? USA 19. Which U.S.Secretary met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalitha recently? Hilary Clinton 20. Which social networking site has turned 5 years? Twitter 21. Who has been named as Sri Lanka‟s captain for upcoming Australian series? Dilshan 22. Which Ace Indian shooter is set to get Khel Ratna? Gagan Narang 23. Which missile was recently test-fired successfully at Chandipur, Orrisa? Prahaar 24. Who is all set to take over as CMD of NMDC? M.S.Rana 25. Which company formally opened its assembly plant at Rosslyn, South Africa? Tata Motors
26. Who has been appointed as solicitor-general following the resignation of Gopal Subramaniam? Rohinton Nariman 27. Who became 2nd highest run scorer in Test cricket surpassing Ricky Ponting‟s record? Rahul Dravid 28. Which program of IIM Indore did recently get HRD ministry‟s approval? 5-year management program 29. Who won the 1st Hangzhou Women‟s Grandmasters Tournament in China? Dronavalli Harika 30. Name the Chairman and CEO of TAFE who has been inducted into the board of AGCO. Mallika Srinivasan 31. Who won the 2011 German GP? Lewis Hamilton 32. Which former Australian opening batsman is set to return to competitive cricket (Big Bash League T20)? Matthew Hayden 33. Which Indian swimmer qualified for the 2012 London Olympics? Sandeep Sejwal 34. Which country has launched its new currency? Sudan 35. Which singer is all set to perform at the Royal Albert Hall where the first Carnatic music is scheduled in the 116-year history of BBC proms? Aruna Sairam 36. Which motorcycle has Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Private Ltd. recently launched? CBR 250R 37. Who won the ladies National snooker championship? Vidya Pillai 38. Who won the 2000th Test cricket held at Lords Cricket Ground? England 39. Which frenchman after 25 years won the German Open Tennis tournament? Gilles Simon
40. Who won the Indonesian International Challenge badminton championship 2011? Pusarla Venkata Sindhu 41. Who has been appointed as Lokayukta of Karnataka to succeed Santosh Hegde?
Former Supreme Court Judge Shivraj V.Patil
Read More Here
42. Who has been named vice president for Boeing Defence, Space and Security in India? Dennis D.Swanson 43. Which Indian tennis player holds career best rank of 62 in the singles list? Somdev Devvarman 44. What is Repo and Reverse Repo rate as on 26th July 2011? Repo: 8% and Reverse Repo: 7% 45. Which country has agreed for a meeting between its Nobel Laureate, pro-democracy activist Aung Suu Kyi and Minister of Social Welfare U Aung Kyi? Myanmar 46. Who has been named as the global co-CEO of Standard Chatered Bank‟s private equity? Nainesh Jaisingh 47. Who has been appointed as co-CEO to succeed Management Board chairman, Josef Ackermann? Anshu Jain 48. Name the project of Mozilla‟s operating system that is set to work on mobile devices and tablets. Boot to Gecko (B2G) 49. Which business and technology outsourcing services provider has been named in the GlobalServices 100 list for the 5th consecutive year? Syntel 50. Which Noida-based hospital running under the brand Ojjus Medicare has got nod for the IPO aggregating to Rs,62 crore? Goodwill Hospital and Research Center Ltd. 51. Which poets death anniversary would be remembered on 8th August in India? Rabindranath Tagore
52. Draft of which anti-corruption bill was approved by Union Cabinet on 28th July 2011? Lokpal Bill 53. Which of the two Indians were awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award 2011? Nileema Mishra for helping the poor and Harish Hande for revolutionizing the use of solar lights 54. Which Operating System celebrated its 30th birthday on July 27th? DOS (Disk Operating System), 27th July 1981 55. Who has been appointed as national team coach for Argentina‟s football team? Alejandro Sabella 56. Which cricketer equalled Sunil Gavaskar‟s tally of 34 test hundreds? Rahul Dravid ‘ The Wall’ 57. Who resigned as Chief Minister of Karnataka? B.S.Yeddyurappa 58. Who has been appointed as the New Governor of Tamil Nadu?
- Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister K Rosaiah was appointed as the new Governor of Tamil Nadu on 26 August 2011. Read More 59. Who won the Hungarian Grand Prix 2011? Jenson Button 60. Which Indian qualified for London Olympics 2012 for Short put event? Om Prakash Singh 61. On which planet has Nasa found the first evidence of flowing water recently? Mars 62. Which service has Yahoo launched to allow users to enjoy full-length movies for free? Movieplex 63. Who has taken charge as HAL‟s Director Corporate Planning and Marketing? Baldev Singh 64. Who has been named captain for Women‟s Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament? Saba Anjum
65. Which former cricketer also secretary of Bihar Jharkhand Cricket Association passed away due to brain hemorrhage? Ramesh Saxena 66. Which Indian oil gaints are allowed to dig oil at the Gulf of Mannar? ONGC and Cairn India 67. Name the tablet model launched by Beetel in India. Beetel Magiq, priced at 9,999 68. Who has been renamed as Indian hockey team‟s captain for inaugural Asian Champions Trophy in Ordos, China? Rajpal Singh 69. Who has been appointed as director for Whirlpool Corporation? Harish Manwani 70. Which Bill in India is set to be tabled in Winter Parliament session? Food bill 71. What position does India hold in Golf after Nomura Cup? 3rd place 72. Which Academy Award winner for Best Original Song (for Jai Ho) and the Padma Bhushan recipient turned 75 years? Sampoorna Singh Kalra (Gulzar) 73. Which art director who had been associated with movies like Raavan, Guru, Rang De Basanti etc. passed away recently? Samir Chandra 74. Which company replaced Reliance Industries as most valued company in the elite of 30 companies that constitutes the Sensex? Coal India 75. How many from India are set to participate in the World athletics championships to be held in Daegu, Korea from August 27th to September 4th 2011? Name them. 8, Men: Renjith Maheswary (triple jump), Om Prakash Singh (shot put), Vikas Gowda (discus), Gurmeet Singh and Babubhai Panucha (20km walk) Women: Tintu Luka (800m), Mayookha Johny (long jump and triple jump) and Harwant Kaur (discus)
76. Which company will title sponsor for Indian GP to be held on the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida on October 30th 2011? Airtel 77. Which two industries of Japan are set to merge? Hitachi and Mitsubishi 78. Which Legendary singer‟s 81st birth anniversary was celebrated on 4th August 2011?
Kishore Kumar 79. Parts of which African country is hit by Famine according to United Nations? Somalia 80. Which model has Harley-Davidson launched in India priced at Rs.19.7 lakh? Fat Boy Special 81. Which service did Vodafone roll out in Bangalore recently? 3G services 82. Where is the Hockey Asian Champions Trophy is to be held? Ordos, China 83. Name the ex-PM of Ukraine who was arrested recently. Yulia Tymoshenko 84. Who has become first female prime minister of Thailand? Yingluck Shinawatra 85. Where is the Folksam Grand Prix meet being held? Karlstad, Sweden What is the downgraded credit rating given by S&P to USA? AA+ 86. Which cricketer has been recalled to One-Day match against England after 2 years? Rahul Dravid 87. Whose maiden century in Twenty20 cricket against Australia set Sri Lanka a 35 run victory? Tilakaratne Dilshan 88. Which South African fast bowler cricketer celebrated his 100th birthday recently? Norman Gordon
89. Which Taiwan company has recently launched tablet PCs priced at Rs.15,000? Micro-Star International (MSI) 90. What is the food inflation as on July 30th 2011? 9.90 per cent 91. Name the Indo-Canadian who has been appointed the president and CEO of the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)? Karna Gupta 92. Which car model has Maruti Suzuki set to unveil in the Indian market?
Maruti 800 cc 93. Which three banks are planning a Joint Venture commercial bank in Malaysia? Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank and Indian Overseas Bank 94. Who is to replace Arvind Jadhav as Air India chief? Rohit Nandan 95. Which bollywood actor passed away recently? Shammi Kapoor 96. Which Bank‟s net profit dip to about 45% as it disclosed its Q1 earnings? State Bank of India 97. Who won the ATP Montreal Masters title? Novak Djokovic 98. Who won the bronze medal at the World Badminton Championship after a gap of 28 years? Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa 99. Name the former NASDAQ MD who has been sentenced to 42 months in prison and has been ordered to forfeit over $700,000 illegal profits made during his role in an insider trading scheme. Donald Johnson 100. Which country‟s President has called for national government by August 21st 2011? Nepal, President Dr.Ram Baran 101. Which telecom company increased call tariffs by 20% recently? Reliance Communications
102. Which section of education is to be made Universal unlike elementary education in India? Secondary Education 103. What is the West Bengal government planning to setup for medical benefits to remote corner people? Health Bank 104. Who won his first World Golf Championship title? Adam Scott 105. Who became the first bowler to clinch 6 wickets in a Twenty20 International Cricket? Ajantha Mendis 106. What is the maximum amount that can be withdrawn from a third-party ATM per transaction? Rs.10,000 107. Which Indian University recently signed pact with university of Sydney? Anna University 108. For which programme an Indian student pursuing her Ph.D in chemical biology from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research chosen? Sci-finder Academic Exchange Program 109. Which company has launched 3G Tablet priced at Rs.12,999 with special data plans in India? RCom 110. What is the extension period given to RBI Governor D.Subbarao? 2 years (untill Spetember 4th 2013) 111. Which Insurance company is set to sue Bank of America to recover about $10 billion? AIG (American International Group Inc) 112. Which company has collaborated with Singapore Management University for a R&D facility for cloud-based IT solutions? TCS 113. Which Bank has launced Debit Card with credit limit? Name the card. IDBI Bank. IDBI Magic Card 114. Who has been appointed as CEO for Bharti Airtel‟s broadband and DTH services? Rajiv Rajagopal for Broadband and data services and Shashi Arora for DTH and media services
115. Who has entered the 2nd round of the World Badminton Championships defeating Germany‟s Domke Dieter? P.Kashyap 116. Which Indian women cricketer has been suspended from bowling in international cricket for illegal action?
Snehal Pradhan 117. Name the project under which all post offices in India are to be provided with Internet connectivity. India Post Technology Project 2012 118. Which two districts in Karnataka is set to get RAHI airports? Shimoga and Gulbarga 119. Who is all set to introduce Jan Lokpall Bill as a private member‟s bill in LokSabha? BJP MP Varun Gandhi 120. Who has been appointed as joint Managing Director of Hero MotoCorp (formerly Hero Honda)? Sunil Kant Munjal 121. Which film director eyes for stake in Indian Premier League team Kochi Tuskers? Priyadarshan 122. Expand Infosys. Who logged out as Chief Mentor and Chairman from the IT giant Infosys on Friday 19th August 2011? Information System. N.R. Narayana Murthy 123. Which company has launched Android tablet priced at Rs.6,250? LACS (Lakshmi Access Communications Systems) 124. Which consumer major has launched online game and mobile app to promote corporate awareness? Reckitt Benckiser 125. Who won the Cincinnati Masters title held at Ohio recently? Andy Murray 126. Who won his first US PGA Tour title at the Wyndham Championship? Webb Simpson
127. Which Bank has sought support of Rs.300 crore from the Government to fund business growth? Corporation Bank 128. Who surpassed Sunil Gavaskar‟s record of 34 hundreds in Test Cricket recently? Rahul Dravid 129. Where and at which event was Jon „Eggman‟ Egging a British pilot killed recently? Near Bournemouth Airport in Dorset. At an Airshow in Britain 130. Which Indian city turns 372 today (22nd August 2011)? Chennai 131. Name the Marxist historian and Indologist who passed away recently. Ram Sharan Sharma 132. Which feature has Google launched as music blog for users of Google Music Beta? Google Magnifier 133. Name the deposit scheme that Indian Bank has launched for people under the financial inclusion plan. Variable Recurring Deposit Scheme 134. Who won the Test series against India by an Innings and 8 runs, termed to be as worst performance since 1959? England 135. Who became the first bowler to take three hatricks in one-day cricket?
Latish Malinga 136. Who was honoured with Degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) from IIT – Kharagpur? Sunil Bharti Mittal 137. Who won the woman‟s Cincinnati WTA Title? Maria Sharapova 138. Who won the mens doubles Cincinnati WTA Title? Leander Peas and Mahesh Bhupathi 139. Name the President of Standard and Poor chief who quit recently. Deven Sharma
140. Who becomes the first woman to conquer 14. 8000 metre summit (K2) without artificial oxygen? Austrian climber Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner 141. Which Hollywood studio has made some of its film available online as rentals at social networking site Facebook? Miramax 142. Name the new variant car launched by Tata motors. Tata Vista 143. Name the mouse launched by LG recently. Mention its additional feature. Mouse Scanner 144. Who has been named as CEO of Apple post Steve Jobs resignation? Tim Cook 145. Who has been appointed as chairman of the Board of Directors of Press Trust of India? M.P.Veerendrakumar 146. Which ace Indian football player retired recently? Bhaichung Bhutia
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.