First Periodical Test
Name:______________________________________________Grade_____ Score________ I. Listen to these sentences. Write R if I say it with a rising intonation; F if I say it with a falling intonation. _______1. Are you new in this place? _______2. Where did you come from? _______3. How do you find this place? _______4. Do you like to stay here? _______5. Is your place near the sea? II. Circle the letter of the correct answer. Which word is stressed on the right syllable? 6. a. automobile 7. a. electricity 8. a. interested 9. a. elevator 10. a. independence 11. a. comfortable b. automobile b. electricity b. interested b. elevator b. independence b. comfortable c. automobile c. electricity c. interested c. elevator c. independence c. comfortable d. automobile d. electricity d. interested d. elevator d. independence d. comfortable
Which of these expressions will you use in having a telephone conversation? 12. When you ask the caller to wait as you call the person you want to talk to. a. Wait, I’ll call her c. Please hold your line. b. She’s not here. d. Call later. 13. When you are the person called and you answer the telephone. a. Hello b. Speaking c. Calling d. Who are you? 14. When you answer the phone and begin the conversation. a. Who are you? c. Whom would you like to talk to? b. What do you want? d. Hello, this is the Abad residence. 15. When you request the caller to leave a message. a. Do you care to leave a message for her? c. What do you want to tell her? b. Call again next time. d. I’ll call you later. Which of these sentences is correctly stated? 16. a. Farmers apply fertilizer because the plants grow well. b. Farmers apply fertilizer to grow plants well. c. Farmers apply fertilizer so that the plants will grow well. d. Farmers apply fertilizer in order to grow plants. a. Plants and trees are important because they give us food. b. Plants and trees are important so that they can give food. c. Plants and trees are important in order to have food. d. Plants and trees are important to give food.
III. Lastly. Lastly. First. a. Then. get your notebook. afternoon
Which of the following groups of words is arranged in alphabetical order? 24. stir the mixture with a spoon. Lastly. First. keep your notebook. Then. get a glass of water and put it on the table. piano
d. c. get your notebook. copy the sentence. Lastly. Then. Next. product
b. Next. get a glass of water and put it on the table.
a. Next. Lastly. and sunlight in order to grow. get a glass of water and put it on the table.
a. ask your classmates what they observe. b. put 1 tablespoonful of salt into the glass of water. and sunlight because they can grow. b. afraid
d. doubtful b. Lastly. c. Plants need air. c. read the sentence. nothing – number a. keep your notebook. ask your classmates what they observed. Plants need air. Next. water island island rocks soldier sailor sailor sailor rocks water rocks island sailor soldier sinner summer dreadful dreamer dreadful doubtful soil rocks soil soil sinner summer soldier sinner dreamer dutiful doubtful dutiful island soil water water summer sinner summer soldier dutiful doubtful dutiful dreamer
25. d. afar
26. copy the sentence. Then. Lastly.
20. b. get a glass of water and put it on the table. read the sentence. d. read the sentence. stir the mixture with a spoon. get your notebook. Circle the letter of the correct answer. d. Next. Plants need air. Which of these series of directions follows the correct order?
19. stir the mixture with a spoon. then. First. and sunlight to grow well. First. Plants need air. copy the sentence. keep your notebook. Then. d. b. c. paddle 22. c. copy the sentence. water. keep your notebook. water and sunlight so as to grow well. ask your classmates what they observed. Next. after
c. pair – personal a. Next. put 1 tablespoonful of salt into the glass of water. dreadful
. put 1 tablespoonful of salt into the glass of water.18. First. First. dreadful c. adore – afford a. stir the mixture with a spoon. paper
c. b. dreamer d. First.
d. a. Then. noted
c. First. Lastly. put 1 tablespoonful of salt into the glass of water. water. read the sentence. ask your classmates to observe. Then. Next. necklace
b. a. water. read the sentence. nose 23. Which of the following words belong to these guide words? 21.
The pupils were unprepared for the test. a. This is for adults use only. wedher c. two times a day c. Accidentally her brother spilled water on her paper. hair that needs brushing d. Alma was writing her assignment. For external use only. Nina received a red hairbrush on her birthday. on the top of the mountain c. children below 10 years old b.What do the underlined words mean? 27. a basket that is empty 28. not able to take the test d. write again d. head with a light d. near the mountain d. 2 tbsp. wethear a. light on the head c. gathering b. 1 tsp.
37. The farmers planted root crops along the mountainside. gahthering d. d. c. They got low scores. not prepared b. 1 tsp. a. a day b. 33. a brush for the hair c. ask someone to write 32. a basket for trash c. What is the dosage of children between 8 to 10 years old? a. absent during the test c. 3 times a day
34. across the mountain 29. write something new b. 40. on the side of the mountain b. gahtering
. For stomachache Dosage: Adults: Children:
2 tbsp. children more than 15 years old What do these medicine labels mean? a. Study this medicine label. gadhering c. How many times will an 18-year-old boy take this medicine? a. a. a. 39. light found in front of a car b. a basket called waste b. a day 3 – 5 years ½ tsp. a. a. a day
36. d. to take the test again. Put a drop of this medicine in a glass of water. children below 2 years old d. 3 times a day 10 -15 years 1 tbsp. once a day b. a day Caution: Children below 2 years old should not be given this medicine. a. The headlight of the car was broken when it bumped into the iron fence. Which is the correct spelling among these words? 38. has some to write c. 2 tsp. Who are not allowed to take this medicine? a. thirsty a. brushing the hair 31. Keep it away from hot objects. Marie placed the wastebasket under the table. b. Keep this medicine in a cool place. a day 6 – 10 years 1 tsp. a brush made of hair b. Her paper got wet and she had to rewrite her work. a light head 30. This medicine is poisonous. tihrtys d. a day c. This medicine is expensive. 2 times a day
d. thirsty b. 1 tbsp. tirsty c. Keep this medicine in a cool place. wiether d. a day
d. ½ tbsp. a dirty basket d. c. old men and women c. weather b. Apply this medicine only on the skin. b.