This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
5) Project - Guidelines
1. What is a project? A project is a research assignment given to a student which generally requires a larger amount of effort and more independent work than is involved in a normal essay assignment. It requires students to undertake their own fact finding and analysis, either from library/internet research or from gathering data empirically.
2. What are the Objectives behind MBA project?
• • •
To expose students to the working of any organization and managers. To relate the concepts learnt by the students to the working of the organization. To work on a problem identified by the organization / student and thus understand the practical aspects of the working of an organization.
3. What are the Criteria for the Selection of Projects?
1. Project work should preferably be concerned with organization or community in your vicinity. 2. It should try to resolve/give solution to the problem assessed in your project work. 3. Defining the project will be easier if you use the following acid test. A project should ideally meet these criteria. a) Will the implementation of the project bring about an improvement in the present status of an activity and can this improvement be quantified? b) Does it have an underlying management principle, framework or model based on which the data is collected, analysed and arguments developed? c) Is the project applicable in other similar situations? d) Does the project report take into account factual data which is relevant to the particular situation? The Project Work undertaken should be authentic and should contribute towards the development and growth of the subject. If the supervisor feels that the Project Work undertaken does not appear to be authentic or does not contribute towards the growth of the subject or it has been merely copied from some source, the supervisor has the right to reject the Project Work summarily. In that case, the student may be asked to resubmit the Project. 3. How to undertake the project –work? A candidate is required to select the topic of the project in consultation his/her supervisor. The format for submission of the list shall be as mentioned is mention at the end of notes. The department will allocate supervisors to the students subject to area s of specializations.
b) A viva voce shall be conducted at the end of the semester wherein the candidate is required to give a presentation of his/her project-work. The topic selected should be at a micro level pertaining to a problem of a division of a company.Change of Supervisor In the event of the registered supervisor leaving the Institute for any reason or in the event of death of guide. The project must give in-depth study of the management methodology adopted in any of the department. guide may be changed with permission from the department. 4. figures. Sample Size and Sampling method. Plan of Analysis Limitations to the study Data Analysis and interpretation Summary of findings Suggestions . The topic must be in accordance to the industry. This evaluation shall be done by a panel of nominated faculty members and grades will be awarded accordingly. he/she shall have to re-appear in viva voce in the next semester. Procedure for submission and evaluation of project work a) The candidate is required to prepare a project-work of not more than 100 pages. factory etc. 5. Guidelines • • • • • • • • • • • • Contents of Project Report should include the following headings Title of the Project Statement of the problem Objectives Operational definitions Data collection Statistical Tools used for research Sampling Technique – Sampling Unit. c) If a candidate fails to obtain a minimum of 60% of the maximum marks in any of the internal assessment. charts etc. Internal examiners may ask the candidate to select all together a new topic for project work. he/she will be awarded F grade and can re-appear in the next semester. statistics. The presentation shall be made using MS PowerPoint before faculty members and students. The presentation should enlist the micro and macro levels of project-work give the details. d) If a candidate does not appear in the Viva-Voce examination as mentioned in the point (c).
1. • The student shall seek the guidance of the internal guide on a continuous basis. • A certificate by the internal supervisor indicating the bonafide performance of project by the student to be enclosed. • All the reports shall be printed in the A4 size 1” margin on all sides. • An undertaking by the student to the effect that the work is independently carried out by him. Times New Roman 12 font size and 1. MS Word. • The project report shall be prepared using word processor Viz. • The certificate from the organization. • Acknowledgement ..5 space between lines. • Plagiarism certificate issued by the librarian.5 line spacing. • The student shall submit 2 hard bound copies of project reports within one month after the final defense. if the project work is done outside the institution. • No two students of the institute shall work on the same problem in the same organization.• • • • • • • Conclusions – Future Growth Learning Experience Bibliography Annexure Financial Statements Questionnaires Other Guidelines: • The project work shall be for a period of maximum 4 months immediately starts after II semester examinations.