You are on page 1of 9

FINDINGS: Figure 1.

USE OF ICT / TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS INSIDE THE CLASSROOMS

7%

YES NO

93%

Figure 2 PENETRATION OF TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS IN THE SCHOOLS

6 20

1 4 PROJECTOR INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARD DIGITAL CONTENT 20 16 STUDENT LAPTOP TEACHER LAPTOP TEACHER DESKTOP

26

Figure 3

SATISFACTION LEVEL BY THE RESULTS AFTER IMPLEMENTING THE ABOVE MENTIONED ICT PRODUCTS IN THE CLASSROOM
25

22

20

15

SATISFACTION LEVEL BY THE RESULTS AFTER IMPLEMENTING THE ABOVE MENTIONED ICT PRODUCTS IN THE CLASSROOM 10

1 0 VERY SATISFIED SATISFIED DISSATISFIED

VERY DISSATISFIED

Figure 4 NUMBER OF SCHOOL PLANNING ON INVESTMENT IN TECHNOLOGY IN THE COMING 1-2 YEARS

29%

43% YES NO NOT SURE

28%

With to reference to figure no. 1 on page ___ which talks about use of Technology / ICT products in the classrooms, I figured out through survey that almost all the International schools that I interacted with are using some or the other form of Technology / ICT products in the classrooms. So out of the total 28 schools that I was able to interact with almost 93% of the schools were using some or the other form of ICT products inside the classrooms. Whereas, remaining 7% surveyed were not using any kinds of ICT products inside the classrooms. Thus, as per figure no. 1 we can clearly make out that ICT is making good inroads inside the schools in India. (At least in the metro city)

With reference to figure no. 2 on page __ which talks about the different ICT products that are able to make a daily part of Classroom teaching and learning in the schools surveyed. I figured out through survey that most of the International schools are equipped with projector, Interactive boards along with teacher Laptop / Desktop for teachers to bring more of blended learning inside the classroom, So out of the total 28 schools that I was able to interact with 26 schools were equipped with projectors inside the classroom, 20 schools were equipped with projectors along with Interactive boards and Teacher Laptop and 6 schools were also using digital content along with the necessary hardware like projector and smartboards. Thus, as per figure no. 2 we can clearly make out that the International schools are more tilted towards hardware than software(Digital content) in terms of ICT / Technology usage inside the classrooms.

With to reference to figure no. 3 on page ___ which helped me to understand the satisfaction level of schools w.r.t to the Technology / ICT products implemented and used inside the classrooms. So out of the total 28 schools that I was able to interact 4 schools were very satisfied with the results after implementing the above mentioned ICT products inside the classrooms. Whereas, 20 schools were not very happy but satisfied with the results after implementing the above mentioned ICT products inside the classrooms. There were also 2 schools that were not satisfied with the modern methods of teaching that was being deployed in the schools and felt that traditional method was far more stable and controllable in teaching and learning process. Thus, as per figure no. 3 we can see that ICT is the way most of the International schools will like to operate for the classroom learning.

With reference to figure no. 4 on page ___ which gives us an idea about the roadmap of the international schools for their investment / further investment in Technology / ICT products in the classrooms. I could sense that most of the International schools that I interacted with will like to keep exploring new forms of technology for better outcomes inside the class and to make their class more collaborative So out of the total 28 schools that I was able to interact with almost 43% of the schools are willing to explore new forms of technology for better outcomes inside the class and to make their class more collaborative Whereas, 28% schools surveyed are clearly with the idea of putting breaks in to any new form of technology and want to exploit the existing installed technology to its fullest. Whereas, remaining 29% of the schools are not sure for their further investment in technology for the year of for the following year. They want consider as and when it comes. Thus, as per figure no. 4 we can chalk out that most of the International schools are in favour of

spending more in technology to empower their teacher inside the classroom.