This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1. The sacred literature of the Aryans which left a
picture of their life. The literature is organized into
four collections of prayers, magical spells, and
instructions for performing rituals.
2. An epic Indian tale which is part of an even larger
epic tale. It tells the story of a warrior prince, Arjuna,
who is hesitant about participating in a coming battle.
His chariot driver is Krishna, a god in human form
who attempts to counsel the prince. The text is
largely a transcript of their conversation. (Two
4. An earthly (human) form of a divine being.
5. Movements of a people from one place or region
3. A great Indian epic recounting the struggles
between Aryan kings over land.
6. Before 2000 b.c., according to some scholars, this
Indo-European people, whose homeland was
probably somewhere between the Caspian and Aral
seas, crossed over the northwest mountain passes
into the Indus River Valley of South Asia.
7. Four major social classifications that may have
been determined by 'skin color'. This is the basis for
the social hierarchy developed by the Aryans.
Portuguese explorers referred to these
classifications as 'castes'.
11. A group of Indo-Europeans that came to occupy
Anatolia (Asia Minor).
12. A group of nomadic peoples who may have
come from the steppes in the Caucasus region.
8. A Hittite technical innovation that permitted the
production of superior weaponry.
9. A Hittite military vehicle that was an advancement
over other versions or completely missing from the
armies of their opponents.
10. Topography featuring dry grasslands stretching
north and East of the Caucasus.