Module Name Week ANATOMY
: REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM (MODULE 16) : : 1st WEEK
1) Which of the following is the muscle of pelvic wall? A. Levator ani B. Coccygeus C. Pubococcygeus D. Obturator Internus
2) Which of the following is the muscle of pelvic floor? A. Piriformis B. Obturator internus C. Levator ani D. Biceps
3) All the following are the muscles of levator ani muscles EXCEPT: A. Pubococcygeus B. Piriformis C. Iliococcygeus D. Puborectalis
4) Which of the following is not fascia of pelvic floor? A. Piriformis fascia B. Superior fascia of pelvic diaphragm C. Inferior fascia of pelvic diaphragm D. Pelvic ligaments
5) What tendinous arch that gives attachment to levator ani muscle: A. Piriformis fascia B. Coccygeus fascia C. Obturator fascia D. Perineal fascia
6) Regarding the boundaries of perineum, which one is not correct? A. Tip of coccyx B. Ischial tuberosities C. Superior pubic ligament D. Sarcotuberous ligament
7) These are attached to the central perineal tendon, EXCEPT: A. urethral sphincter B. internal anal sphincter C. levator ani D. right bulbospongiosus
8) These are the contents of the superficial perineal pouch in male, EXCEPT: A. branches of internal pudendal artery B. greater vestibular gland C. deep dorsal vein of penis D. bulbo spongiosus muscle
9) These are the contents of the deep perineal pouch in female, EXCEPT: A. dorsal nereve of clitoris B. sphincter urethrae C. urethra D. bulbourethral gland
10) What are the root origins of the Pudendal nerve: A. S2 and S3 B. S3 and S4 C. S2, S3, S4 D. S1, S2, S3
11) All of them are part of the fallopian tube EXCEPT: A. Isthmus B. Intramural C. Ampulla D. Fundus
12) All of the statements about fallopian tube are false EXCEPT: A. Intramural is the site of fertilization B. Ovarian vein drains into Internal Jugular Vein C. The uterine artery supplying the medial part arises from internal iliac artery D. It drains lymphatic into superfical inguinal lymph node.
13) The lateral surface of the ovary are related to all of these EXCEPT : A. Obturator nerve B. Pudendal nerve C. Peritoneum of lateral pelvic wall D. Obturator vessels
14) All of these are ligaments of ovary EXCEPT: A. Ovarian ligament B. Round ligament C. Mesovarium D. Suspensory ligament
15) Chose the correct statement about ovary: A. The ovary is completely covered by peritoneum B. The suspensory ligament is attached to upper end of ovary and medial pelvic wall. C. The right ovarian vein drains into right renal vein D. The left ovarian vein drains into left renal vein
PUT A FOR TRUE AND B FOR FALSE FOR EACH STATEMENT.
1. The branches of the posterior division of internal iliac artery are obturator artery, two lateral sacral arteries and superior gluteal artery.
2. The inferior vesical artery in male is replaced by internal pudendal artery in female.
3. Umbilical artery is the highest branch of the anterior division of the internal iliac artery.
4. The sacral plexus is formed by the dorsal rami of L4,5 and S 1,2,3,4.
5. The superior and inferior gluteal nerves are dorsal branches from the sacral plexus itself.
HISTOLOGY 1) All of the following are TRUE regarding the ovary EXCEPT : A) The medulla composed of loose connective tissue,smooth musle fibers,blood vessel,lymphatics and nerve. B) The cortex of the ovary is less cellular. C) The surface of the ovary is covered by a layer known as the germinal epithelium which is made up of cuboidal ciliated cell. D) The cortex of the ovary have the follicles which undergoes proliferation and differentiation.
2) Layer of the ovary from outside to inside : A) Cortex Tunica Albuginea Germinal Epthelium Medulla B) Medulla Cortex Tunica Albuginea Germinal Epithelium C) Tunica Albugenea Germinal Epithelium Medulla Cortex D) Germinal Epithelium Tunica Albuginea Cortex Medulla
3) The ovarian follicles composed of all of the following stage EXCEPT : A) Regenerating atretic follicles B) Secondary or growing follicles C) Mature Graafian follicles
D) Primordial follicles
4) All of the following are FALSE regarding the primordial follicles EXCEPT : A) Primary oocyte surrounded by a single layer of granulosa cells B) The endoplasmic reticulum in the early stage of oocyte development takes the form of longer cisternal profiles. C) The primary oocyte has large,pale,vesicular,eccentrically placed nucleus with a prominent nuclei. D) Cytoplasm contains many organelles.
5) Pairing: A) Theca folliculi differentiates into theca interna,which is formed of large number of blood capillaries with some epitheliod cells (secreting steroid) and theca externa.
B) Primary oocyte surrounded by a single layer of flattened follicular cells.
1) 2) 3)
Primary follicles Secondary or growing follicles The mature Graafian follicles Primordial follicles
C) Accumulation of the liquor folliculi,pushing of the gronulasa cells outward and formation of the cumulus oophorus.
D) Glycoprotein is secreted by the oocyte mainly and to the lesser extent by gronulosa cells forming zona pellucida.
6) The following are true regarding the secondary oocyte EXCEPT : A) It start the second meiotic division which will only be completed when fertilization occurs B) It undergoes first meiotic division C) Result from the rupture of the mature follicle D) It is a large cell which retains almost all of the cytoplasm
7) Which of the following is evident for the adventitial layer of the vagina? A) Presence of bacteria B) Thick in elastic fibres C) Presence of interlacing muscle fibres D) Large amount of glycogen granules
8) The mucosa of the vagina is lined by? A) Non keratinized squamous epithelium B) Keratinized squamous epithelium C) Glandular epithelium D) Sebaceous secreting epithelium
Having stratified squamous epithelium Contains sebaceous and sweat glands Presence of keratin layers Non hairy
9) These structures describe the A) The clitoris B) The vagina C) The libia majora D) The libia minora
10) The low pH in the vagina is due to the A) Rich blood vessels oozing lymphocytes lowering the pH B) Fermented glycogen in the mucosal part C) Mobilization of glycogen by bacteria forming lactic acid D) Sebaceous glands secretion from the uterine cervix
11) The musculosa of the vagina has: A) Longitudinally arranged muscle (only) B) Circumferentially arranged muscle (only) C) Longitudinally & circumferentially arranged muscle (only) D) Longitudinally, circumferentially and thin layers of striated arranged muscle fibres
PHYSIOLOGY 1) All of the following are true about follicular phase of the ovarian cycle, EXCEPT: A) Rapid proliferation of granulosa cells B) Formation of the antrum C) Rapid change of remaining granulosa cells into lutein cells D) Secretion of follicular fluid by the follicles
2) LH surge occurs A) Just before the ovulation B) Two days before ovulation C) Two days after ovulation D) Two hours before ovulation
3) Female hormonal system consists of the following hormones EXCEPT A) Gonadotrophic hormone B) Luteinizing hormone inhibitory hormone C) Progesterone D) Gonadotropin releasing hormone
4) Main hormone secreted during luteal phase of the ovarian cycle is A) Progesterone B) Estrogen C) Inhibin D) Gonadotrophic hormone
5) The follicle will progress to the stage of ovulation, even without the presence of LH and FSH A) True B) False
6) All of the following are the phases of the endometrial cycle EXCEPT: A) Secretory phase B) Luteal phase C) Menstrual phase D) Proliferation phase
7) Following the involution of corpus luteum, which hormone level decreases in blood? A) Estrogen and FSH B) Progesterone and inhibin C) Progesterone, estrogen and inhibin
D) Progesterone and estrogen
8) Progesterone causes the following during secretory phase EXCEPT: A) The glands and blood vessels to become more tortuous. B) Slight addition to the cellular proliferation in the endometrium C) Increase in lipid and glycogen deposits in the stromal cells D) Increase in accumulation of of secretory substances in the glandular epithelial cells
True or false
9) Menstruation involves the shedding of all the layers of endometrium.
10) In anovulatory cycle, the cycle is shortened by many days but the rhythm continues.
PATHOLOGY 1) All of the following are true about Cervical Polyp except: A) Overgrowth of endocervical mucosa B) Cause intermittent uterine bleeding C) Associated with malignancy D) Due to inflammation
2) Cervical polyp: A) Always multiple B) Do not contain glands C) Covered with epithelium similar to endocervical canal D) Hard in consistency
3) Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia(CIN): A) Cause destruction of basement membrane B) Due to multiple sexual activity with different partners at young age C) Not involve genetic factors D) Produce clinical symptoms
4) CIN II is low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion A) True B) False
5) Invasive cervical carcinoma: A) Do not relate to CIN B) Symptomatic C) Produce odourless discharge D) May be due to cigarette smoking
6) All of following is false about invasive cervical carcinoma EXCEPT: A) Do not produce mass B) Patient have ten years survival rate C) Not spread to brain D) May spread to douglas pouch and rectum
MICROBIOLOGY 1) All of the following are true regarding Neisseria Gonorrhoeae EXCEPT: A) It requires carbon dioxide to grow. B) Can produce glucose and maltose. C) It is a fastidious organism and cannot grow on blood agar. D) It is oxidase positive.
2) Gonococci attack mucous membranes of the : A) Genitourinary tract B) Salivary gland C) Alveoli of the lung D) Skin
3) Infection usually occurs by: A) Touching B) Sharing food C) Sexual intercourse D) Organ transplantation
4) These are clinical findings of Neisseria Gonorrhoea in male except: A) Urethritis with yellow creamy pus B) Painful urination C) Epididymis and prostatitis D) Ulceration of the prostate gland
5) The treatment used for Neisseria Gonorrhoeae is: A) Ceftriaxone B) Aspirin C) Propranolol D) Biguanides