SEARCH...

GUIDED TOUR

DISCOVER

SIGN UP

LOGIN

Workplace Accidents
News of accident s, injuries and f at alit ies in t he workplace 75 1.6K Views Curated by Marcus Share Filter Follow

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Environment agency sentenced after worker drowning | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - Today, 3:49 AM

Cardiff building company fined for ignoring safety risks
From www.hse.gov.uk - Today, 3:48 AM

“ The Environment Agency (EA) has been ordered to pay more than £220,000 in fines and costs after a catalogue of errors caused one of its employees to drown while dredging an icy Cambridgeshire...”

“ A Cardiff building company has been fined for ignoring a safety notice and exposing workers and members of the public to serious risk of injury.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Landlord and agency plead guilty to bath scalding

PDFmyURL.com

Herdsman died after falling through dairy skylight
From www.hse.gov.uk - Today, 3:47 AM

scalding
From www.hse.gov.uk - Today, 3:46 AM

“ A man with a severe learning disability, who is unable to talk, suffered scalding so severe his skin was left hanging from his body when his landlord and the agency providing his care failed to control the temperature of his bath water.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ A herdsman died after carrying out unplanned and unsupervised repair work on a dairy roof and falling through a plastic skylight, a court heard today (18 December).”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Firm fined after residents are poisoned by carbon monoxide
From www.hse.gov.uk - Today, 3:44 AM

Former Massey Energy manager charged with conspiracy over 2010 US mining disaster
From www.haz ardexonthenet.net - Today, 3:07 AM

“ One of the UK's largest property service organisations has been ordered to pay more than £300,000 in fines, costs and compensation after seven people were hospitalised when carbon monoxide (CO) fumes escaped into their homes.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Federal prosecutors in West Virginia stepped higher up the corporate ladder at Massey Energy on November 28 with new criminal charges against David C. Hughart stemming from the investigation of the 2010 Upper Big Branch mine coal mine explosion that killed 29 workers.
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus Scooped by Marcus

Building firm in court over life-threatening

PDFmyURL.com

Crossrail worker injured in electrical explosion
From www.haz ardexonthenet.net - December 18, 8:20 AM

Building firm in court over life-threatening injuries
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:06 AM

An employee of Barhale Construction working on the London Crossrail project has been taken to hospital with serious burns after he cut through a cable at a central London site, causing an electrical explosion. A loud noise was reported at the building site near the junction of High Holborn and Drury Lane. Nearby roads were closed off causing delays.
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ A building firm has appeared in court after a plumber suffered lifethreatening injuries in a fall at an outdoor activities centre near Gwynfe in Carmarthenshire.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Skip firm fined following death of worker
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

Council and building firm fined for asbestos exposure during school refurbishment
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

“ Staffordshire County Council and a refurbishment firm have been fined for exposing a nursery class, school staff and two joiners to asbestos fibres.”
Comment No comment yet.

“ A skip company has been fined for safety breaches at its West Bromwich site where an employee had been killed when he was run over by a 13tonne shovel loader.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus Scooped by Marcus

Illegal gas work left
PDFmyURL.com

Council in court over worker's 230 volt shock
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

Illegal gas work left elderly woman in danger
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

“ A South Yorkshire man has been fined for carrying out illegal gas work at a house in Sheffield, leaving an elderly woman at risk from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ Bury Council has appeared in court after one of its employees suffered an electric shock from a 230 volt mains cable.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus Scooped by Marcus

Merseyside roofer caught on camera risking lives | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - December 18, 6:04 AM

Council fined after putting tenant at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:18 PM

“ Chesterfield Borough Council has been fined after carbon monoxide fed back into one of its properties, putting the tenant at risk of poisoning.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ A Merseyside roofer has been fined after he allowed lives to be put at risk on the roof of a semi- detached house in Maghull. Phillip McGinn, 38, and two other workers were photographed retiling th...”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Fife construction firm
PDFmyURL.com

Scooped by Marcus

Fife construction firm fined for dangerous scaffolding
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:08 PM

Edinburgh food firm fined after worker injured
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:09 PM

“ A Fife construction firm has been fined for exposing workers to fall from height risk by using unsafe scaffolding.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ An Edinburgh food firm has been fined after a worker seriously injured his hand on an unguarded dough mixer.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Burton builder fined after chainsaw injures contractor
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:08 PM

Two north east firms fined after worker suffered serious head injuries
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:08 PM

“ A Burton upon Trent builder has been fined for dangerous working practices and for failing to report an incident after a Derbyshire worker seriously injured his hand on a chainsaw.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ Two North East firms have been fined after a worker suffered serious head injuries when the fork of a forklift truck struck him on the forehead.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Firm's failures led to
PDFmyURL.com

Scooped by Marcus

Construction companies fined over worker's six-metre fall
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:07 PM

Firm's failures led to workers' exposure to asbestos at Aberystwyth flats
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:07 PM

“ Significant safety failures by a plumbing company may have led to two workers being exposed to dangerous asbestos fibres during a major refurbishment project on flats in Aberystwyth.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ Two construction companies have been fined for serious safety failings after a Coventry worker suffered life- changing injuries after plummeting more than six metres through a badly- covered hole in a floor.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Injury brings early end to Hull man's working life | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - December 10, 10:50 AM

HSE and local authorities to make legionella visits in the west of Scotland
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 7, 4:45 PM

“ Businesses and organisations with cooling towers in the west of Scotland are facing checks to ensure they are managing legionella risks appropriately.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ A business owner in Hull has been prosecuted after an employee fell nearly four metres while painting the top of a water storage tank and shattered his left leg.” The 58 year- old decorator, from north- west Hull, will never be able to go back to his lifetime trade or any other construction- related work following the incident on 29 November last year...
Comment

Scooped by Marcus

Norfolk company fined

PDFmyURL.com

No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Norfolk company fined for assessment breach
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 7, 4:44 PM

Scooped by Marcus

“ The owner of a Norfolk aggregate site has been prosecuted for failing to complete a suitable and sufficient risk assessment for moving rail wagons without a locomotive.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Suffolk plastics company fined after worker hurt
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 7, 4:45 PM

“ A Suffolk plastics company has been prosecuted for safety breaches after a worker crushed a finger on a poorly guarded printing machine.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Warwickshire council to pay £30k over firefighter deaths
From www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk - December 7, 4:43 PM

“ WARWICKSHIRE County Council has been fined £30,000 over the deaths of four firefighters in a blaz e at a vegetable packing plant.”

Comment

PDFmyURL.com

No comment yet. Sign up to comment

1 ABOUT
Company Leadership Contact Scoop.it

2

3

...

20

21

22

› LEGAL
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Copyright Policy

MEDIA
Press Coverage Press Release Media Kit Blog

FOLLOW US
Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn

HOW IT WORKS
FAQ Guided Tour

MOBILE

DEVELOPERS
API

PDFmyURL.com