SEARCH...

GUIDED TOUR

DISCOVER

SIGN UP

LOGIN

Workplace Accidents
News of accident s, injuries and f at alit ies in t he workplace 70 1.6K Views Curated by Marcus Share Filter Follow

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Serious Head Injuries in the North East Highlight the Need for Protection at Work | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - Today, 5:42 AM

Hull firms in court for worker's death in roof fall | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - Today, 5:42 AM

“ The need for effective health and safety measures has always been an important one at the top of many company agendas but just how crucial it is has been highlighted by an incident in the north wes...”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ Two Hull firms and a company director have been sentenced for joint safety failings relating to the death of a worker who plummeted more than eight metres through a fragile rooflight while cleaning...”

Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

PDFmyURL.com

Scooped by Marcus

Company prosecuted after heavy motor crashes into lobby at Luton hospital | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - Today, 5:41 AM

Making your business a safer place with mobile communication | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - Today, 5:41 AM

“ Many workplace environments are constantly working toward improving communication because it directly affects safety and business. Over the course of the day, co- workers must communicate from offic...”

“ A Banbury lift company has been fined after a lift motor weighing more than a tonne fell into a lobby at Luton & Dunstable Hospital, injuring a member of the public. The heavy component was be...”

Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Comment No comment yet.

Truck driver airlifted after firefighters rescue him from under his trailer
From laurel.patch.com - Today, 5:37 AM

Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Winter driving tips –
PDFmyURL.com

“ Prince George's firefighters found a man trapped between his truck and shifting gravel in Brandywine, MD.”

Winter driving tips – advice and information | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com December 20, 10:46 AM

Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment Comment

“ Driving in the winter is very different than in other times of the year. Adverse weather and longer periods of darkness (especially after the clocks go back at the end of October) makes driving mor...”

Scooped by Marcus

No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Gas safety in winter | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - December 20, 10:46 AM

Scooped by Marcus

“ With the cold weather setting in, many households will be relying on gas boilers and gas fires to keep their family warm this winter. This increased usage can put pressure on gas appliances and cou...”

Companies fined after waste centre incident
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 20, 10:22 AM

“ Two London companies have been ordered to pay nearly £110,000 in fines and costs after a lorry driver sustained life- changing injuries when he fell down a processing chute at a waste recycling plant.”
Comment No comment yet.

Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus
PDFmyURL.com

Scooped by Marcus

Steel firm sentenced after worker killed by crane
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 20, 10:22 AM

HSE brings Crown Censure against UK Border Agency
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 20, 10:15 AM

“ The UK Border Agency (UKBA) has been censured over safety failings that could have caused an explosion at Robin Hood airport in Finningley, South Yorkshire.”
Comment No comment yet.

“ A West Midlands steel company has been ordered to pay more than £146,000 in fines and costs after one of its employees was crushed to death by a 15- tonne crane.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus Scooped by Marcus

Environment agency sentenced after worker drowning | Health and Safety News
From healthsafety.jigsy.com - December 19, 3:49 AM

Cardiff building company fined for ignoring safety risks
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 19, 3:48 AM

“ A Cardiff building company has been fined for ignoring a safety notice and exposing workers and members of the public to serious risk of injury.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ The Environment Agency (EA) has been ordered to pay more than £220,000 in fines and costs after a catalogue of errors caused one of its employees to drown while dredging an icy Cambridgeshire...”

Comment No comment yet.

Scooped by Marcus

PDFmyURL.com

No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Landlord and agency plead guilty to bath scalding
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 19, 3:46 AM

Herdsman died after falling through dairy skylight
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 19, 3:47 AM

“ A man with a severe learning disability, who is unable to talk, suffered scalding so severe his skin was left hanging from his body when his landlord and the agency providing his care failed to control the temperature of his bath water.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ A herdsman died after carrying out unplanned and unsupervised repair work on a dairy roof and falling through a plastic skylight, a court heard today (18 December).”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Firm fined after residents are poisoned by carbon monoxide
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 19, 3:44 AM

Former Massey Energy manager charged with conspiracy over 2010 US mining disaster
From www.haz ardexonthenet.net - December 19, 3:07 AM

Federal prosecutors in West Virginia stepped higher up the corporate ladder at Massey Energy on November 28 with new criminal charges against David C. Hughart stemming from the investigation of the 2010 Upper Big Branch mine coal mine explosion that killed 29 workers.
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ One of the UK's largest property service organisations has been ordered to pay more than £300,000 in fines, costs and compensation after seven people were hospitalised when carbon monoxide (CO) fumes escaped into their homes.”
Comment

PDFmyURL.com

No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Crossrail worker injured in electrical explosion
From www.haz ardexonthenet.net - December 18, 8:20 AM

Building firm in court over life-threatening injuries
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:06 AM

“ A building firm has appeared in court after a plumber suffered lifethreatening injuries in a fall at an outdoor activities centre near Gwynfe in Carmarthenshire.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

An employee of Barhale Construction working on the London Crossrail project has been taken to hospital with serious burns after he cut through a cable at a central London site, causing an electrical explosion. A loud noise was reported at the building site near the junction of High Holborn and Drury Lane. Nearby roads were closed off causing delays.
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Skip firm fined following death of worker
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

Council and building firm fined for asbestos exposure during school refurbishment
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

“ Staffordshire County Council and a refurbishment firm have been fined for exposing a nursery class, school staff and two joiners to asbestos fibres.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ A skip company has been fined for safety breaches at its West Bromwich site where an employee had been killed when he was run over by a 13tonne shovel loader.”

PDFmyURL.com

Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Council in court over worker's 230 volt shock
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

Illegal gas work left elderly woman in danger
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 18, 6:05 AM

“ A South Yorkshire man has been fined for carrying out illegal gas work at a house in Sheffield, leaving an elderly woman at risk from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ Bury Council has appeared in court after one of its employees suffered an electric shock from a 230 volt mains cable.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Scooped by Marcus

Merseyside roofer caught on camera risking lives | Health and Safety News

Council fined after putting tenant at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:18 PM

“ Chesterfield Borough Council has been fined after carbon monoxide fed back into one of its properties, putting the tenant at risk of poisoning.”
Comment No comment yet.

PDFmyURL.com

From healthsafety.jigsy.com - December 18, 6:04 AM

No comment yet. Sign up to comment

“ A Merseyside roofer has been fined after he allowed lives to be put at risk on the roof of a semi- detached house in Maghull. Phillip McGinn, 38, and two other workers were photographed retiling th...”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

Scooped by Marcus

Edinburgh food firm fined after worker injured
From www.hse.gov.uk - December 13, 2:09 PM

“ An Edinburgh food firm has been fined after a worker seriously injured his hand on an unguarded dough mixer.”
Comment No comment yet. Sign up to comment

1 ABOUT
Company Leadership

2

3

...

21

22

23

› LEGAL
Terms of Use Privacy Policy PDFmyURL.com

MEDIA
Press Coverage Press Release

FOLLOW US
Facebook Twitter

HOW IT WORKS
FAQ Guided Tour

MOBILE

DEVELOPERS
API

Contact Scoop.it

Media Kit Blog

Google + LinkedIn

Copyright Policy

PDFmyURL.com

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful