RESULTS OF BOWEN THERAPY STUDY INTO SHOULDER PAIN AND NECK PAIN

RESULTS OF BOWEN THERAPY STUDY INTO SHOULDER PAIN AND NECK PAIN

The results show that of 271 clients treated by Bowen Therapists, 86% showed a partial to full recovery after a series of three treatments. Detailed analysis shows that 30% reported a full recovery, while a further 56% said that their condition had improved to some extent. Fewer than 10% reported that there had been no change. If the figures are adjusted by removing the incomplete/other modality treatments then: Full recovery = 31% Partial recovery = 60% This gives an overall improvement rate of 91% The study was designed to help consolidate the many anecdotal experiences of people who have reported to their therapists that Bowen Therapy has provided significant pain relief. More mature clients, or clients with chronic conditions, are likely to experience even better results after a number of additional sessions.

Summary of results

Taking part Number of treatments given

122 Therapists 271

Full Recovery Partial Recovery No Change Course not completed

80 154 24 13

= 30% = 56% = 9% = 5%

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful