This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND WIN A £50 BOOK TOKEN
This self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ) will help you to test your knowledge. Each week you will find ten multiple-choice questions that are broadly linked to the learning zone article. Note: There is only one correct answer for each question. Ways to use this assessment You could test your subject knowledge by attempting the questions before reading the article, and then go back over them to see if you would answer any differently. You might like to read the article to update yourself before attempting the questions. Prize draw Each week there is a draw for correct entries. Piease send your answers on a postcard to: Zena Latcham, Nursing Standard, The Heights, 59-65 Lowlands Road, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Middlesex H A I 3AW, or send them by email to: zena.latchamigjrcnpublishing.co.uk Ensure you include your name and address and the SAQ number. This is SAQ no. 483. Entries must be received by 10am on Tuesday March 24 2009. When you have completed your self-assessment, cut out this page and add it to your professional portfolio. You can record the amount of time it has taken. Space has been provided for comments. You might iike to consider writing a practice profile, see page 60.
9. Urgent referral to colposcopy is necessary in which of the foiiowing cases? a) Borderline changes in endocervical cells Q b) Three abnormal results in a ten-year period Q c) Glandular abnormality i^ d) Any grade of dyskaryosis Q 10. The five-year survivai rate for stage IVb of cervical cancer is estimated at:
a) 2% b)5% c)65% d)85%
U, • • •
This self-assessment questionnaire was compiled by Tanya Fernandes. The answers to this questionnaire will be published on March 25
Correction In SAQ no. 482, which appeared in the March 4 issue, question 7 should have read: 'Serous discharge is:' We apologise for the error.
1. Women in England are first invited for cervical screening at: a) 18 years b) 20 years c) 25 years d) 28 years
• • • • • • • •
a) Columnar b) Squamous c) Cuboidal d) Pseudostratified columnar 6. Stage lib of cervical cancer is characterised by: a) Obvious parametrial involvement b) No obvious parametrial involvement c) Carcinoma extending to the pelvic wall d) Carcinoma extending to adjacent organs
• • • • • • •
This activity has taken me complete. Other comments: hours to
2. The vast majority of cervicai cancers are: a) Squamous cell carcinomas b) Adenocarcinomas c) Small cell carcinomas d) Melanomas
3. Risk factors for cervical cancer include: a) Multiple pregnancies i^ b) Immunosuppression i^ c) Human papillomavirus (HPV) d) All of the above
• • •
4. The HPV immunisation programme in England is aimed at girls aged: 1—h LI a) 10-12 years r-\ b) 12-1J years c) 15-16 years d) 17-18 years 5. Which type of epithelial celi lines the endocervical canal? 58 march 11 :: vol 23 no 27 :: 2009
7 Treatment for cervical cancer may include: a)Surgery i^ b) Radiotherapy i^ c) Chemotherapy d) All of the above
Now that I have read this article and completed this assessment, I think my knowledge is: Excellent Good Satisfacfory Unsafisfacfory Poor As a result of fhis I intend to:
• • • • •
The answers to SAQ no. 481 on diabetes complications, which appeared in the February 25 issue, are:
o. surgical removal OT lympn noaea is termed: a) Lymphadenopathy b) Lymphangiectasia c) Lymphorrhagia 1^ d) Lymphadenectomy i^
1. b 2. C 3. a 4. d D. b 6. a 7 a o. o 9. b iO. c