This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
No p e r m shall bring into the manicipsl~ witbwt the prrmissii of the Municioal Medical Officer of Health a anv other officer a u t h s e d bv the conmime m this behalf. ihe flesh of any animal except for& fidepersonalconsumph& by shikaris or other persons:
3. No flesh &dlbe permitted to be sold within the Wcipality imless it k t h e official stamp of the Municipal Medical Ofticer ofHealth or any otherpmon authorised by the committee. All flesh meant to be sold within the municipality shall be placed in a fly proof containkr with G.I. sheet lining on the bottom and top.
4. Any flesh bmnghtinto a d c p a l i t y in contraventionof the pmvisim ofbyelm 2 and 3may beselzed by theMumcipal Med~cal Otficer ofHealtb or any other employee authorised by the committee in this behalf, and sold or othemse disposed of, as the Munlclpal Medical
Officer of Health may dmct, and in case of such sale, the sale proceeds shall be cred~ted to Fund the Muntc~pal
5. Anv aerson whb Commits. or a h the wrmnission of a bnach of anv of these h e l a w s shall, oh 'conviction by a magistrate, be punishable with a fme which shdl not k less than twenty-five rupees and more than two hudmd rupees, and if the breach is a conhnumg breach, w~th further fine of ten rupees for everyday after the first dunng wh~ch breach contmues. a the
6. A11bye-laws relating to contml on import of flesh in force the municipalities iannediatdy before the commencemeat of these byelaws shall s& repealed : t Pmv~dedthat any order made or achon taken under the byelaws so repealed shall be deemed to have beed made or taken under the correspondingprovisions of these bye., laws.
ITarysna Municipal (Regulation of Sale of Meat) Bye-laws,
Gavernmenr Notification No. GSR 100Lf76, dated 25.4.76
1 (1)These bye-laws may be called the Haryana Municipal (Regulation of Salc.of ~ c a t ) . Byelaws, 1976. (2) They shall apply to all the municipalities.
2. In these bye-laws, unless the eontext othenvi'sequires, . (a) "form" means a form appended to these bye-laws; and (b) "Licensing Officer" means an Officer appointed as such by a committee.
3 No pema shall d l meat in a municipality except under a licence granted in this behalf . by the Licensing Officer.
4. No person shall sell m t or prepare or expose meat for sale in premises other than chose a, licensed by a committee in this behalf.
5. (1) NO premises shall be licensed for the sale or preparation or expos& for sale of meat:(a) unless they have floor made of bricks, stone, cement or other impervious materials, (b)unless the walls and ~ i l i n a properly plastered and lime-washed; gn (c) unlessthey are provided with adequate light and ventilation to the satisfaction of the ~ i censing Officer; (d) unlessprovided with a sink for washing meat, implements, receptacles, vessels or other thmgs used for the preparation and sale of meat; (e) unless they areprovided with a dram and the whole floor is s sloped as mallow all liqo u ~ d flow off by the dram to the city sewen or dramage system: to
(f)unless a deep freeze is provided for the storage of meat, the licensy officer may give a notice of six months to all licensees in municipalitiesof [A class] to enable the existing licensees to get such deep freezer installed, (g) if then is only direct communication between the premises and any roomused a living or sleeping room; (h) unless they are situated on a site or in ebuilding transfami by the conunittee or Immovement Trust for the purpose or m a locahty approved by the commmee : Pronded that they are not s~tuated any relig~ous educahonal mstlhltion. near or (2) No new l~cence the premises shall be issued unless a deep fneze has been ~nstdled for thmm.
6. Subject to the provisions of bye-lah.5 a liceace for pmnists to be used for the sale or preparation or exposure for sale of meat shall be issued by the Licensing Officer on the application of the owner of occuoier of such remises and shall be manted in the form on Davment of a fee of fifty rupees per ; u , if theiicence is taken for a year, or five'rqees per me;~sem, mm if the licence is taken for a period of less than a year, subject to conditions specified in the form. The licence shall be renewable within a period of (i) thirty days, if it was issued for a period of one year, or (ii) seven days if it was issuedfor a period of kss than o m year, before its expiry on payment of fee at the above rates.
7. Every place licensed for the sale or &on for sak of meat shall be fitted wtha table of whlch the tm shall be covered w~th sheet or a slab of marble. slate or stone for cumnp. zmc up &&f and aiso with metal scales and weights and shall at all reasonable times be open 6 inspection by the officers of the committee duly authorised for the purpose.
8. Everv dace licemed for the sale or m m t i o n or e m m for sale of meat and all im plemeots: Gbles, receptacles, vessels or 6th& things usediherein shall at all times be kept in a clean and whoitsome condition and dismfected at least once in a dav or as often as mav be
9.~11 meat kept orexposed for sale on or at sky ~tacles~rotection against flies. <
shall at all times be kept ih a wiregauze
10. Any meat found to be unfM for human ansumption shall be confiscated and destroyed under the orden of the L~censmg Omcer or any other officer so authonsed by the commlnee m this behalf
throw or allow to be thrown any waste anywhere except in the sa~d receptacles, whch shall
11. The licensee shall provide a nccptacle for the collection of all sorts of refuse, and sball
be cleaned and washed twce daily.
12. The implements ot other things used for the preparation of meat shall be washed in the sink to be provided in the prcnuses. .
13.No washing sballbe thmwn or allowed to bt thrown on any public passage, paymmt or in any dram other than the dram pmvlded m the premises.
14. Tht licensee shall put up a notice on the licctlscdprrmises indicating thereon the type of meat he sells, i.e.. whether ' h t k a ' or 'Halaas and further indicating the an~mal animals or whose meat he sells.
I . Substituted for the word 'timtclab Leg. Supl. Part IIIdated 23.1.1985.
IS. 'lhe'Li6dng O f f m may at any'therevoke or c d any licence granted under these Bye-laws for a breach of any of the promlorn of these bye-laws and no compcnsaoon in respen of such revwatton or cancellat~on shall be payable
16. The Lnmring OfTicer may after obtanting dn appmvd ofdm Lkpfy Carrrmissloner declare any day as a non-meatday and all the l~censed r c m ~ shall remam closed on that p ~s
17. Any pmbn who commits, or abets the conmuam a, h c h a f a n y of thne byelaws a shall. on convlchon bv a maalstrate, be pun~shable wth a fine which shan not be less tlmn !we&-five rupees, a d morethan two h & k d rupees, and if the breach 1s continumg breach wh~ch breach contmues. the w~th further fine of ten rupees for every day afler the first dur~ng a
18. An bye-laws dating to the regulation M e of rncat i force m the municipalities imn mediately before the commencement of these byelaw shall stand repealed : , Prov~dedthat any order made or action taken under the bye-laws so r e p l e d shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the comsponding provlstons of these bye1 , .,r:+ ., laws. .
-FORM (SetBye-law 6)
tbr ptemises for the sale or prepamtion or exposure for sale of meat.
n whereof is giwa in the atfached S e h a l u k , s h i d k or ward ctc.) are herrby licensed for sale or preparation or exier of the said prrmises,aubject to the falloaring concence is granted, ,. . Explanation :- lic&ed e s e s shall be deemed to be s t r u d u d y fit, if, among o k +. A , ..matters, it incllldes (i) a floor made of bricks, stone,eemem or 0th" impervious.materiaI;. d (ii) walls a d i n g properly plsstmd and b w a s h e d ; .. (iii) suitable mains and sinks; .* @)that he shall not employ,or pennit tobe en~ploycd, the sale or lmparatih or exposlue in for sak or import of meat any p o n suffering or who bas-suffered fmm any m t a . ' . gious or infectiuw disease or from loathsome sores unless he produces a certificate of ; medical fitness or aperson who is living in the same house with any person so suffering L'.., and that he shall not suffer any such person or animal to enter or remain upon the li. - . censed premises;
&for the p~rpose which the lifor
(c) that he shall at all timslrmp all vessels, i&ptaclls, utensils and other things used m the sale or preparationsor e x p u r e for saleof meat in a state of thorough cleanliness, and shall protect fromdust and flies all materials used in such sale or preparetion or cxposure for sale and the articles prc$ared or exposed for sale to the satisfaction of the Licensing Officer; (d)that heshell daily or* oRenasnguiredbytheLi~e~8ingOfficercs washed and cleaned with disinfectant fluid the flwr or drain the li . i'' every bench, counter, table, shelf or other place on which the artic posed for sale and any materials used in such sale or preparation o .. are kept; . that he shall cause the d k and ceiling of the liaasedliaasedprmii;eb & washed at ltast twice a ynn or more often, if so required by the Limcing 0
572 Haryana Municipal (Movable Encraathmenrs Or OwrhongingStruch(,
(fJthat he shall not carry on, or permit to be carried on, any trade or occupation m l i c m d premises other than the sale or preparation or exposun for sale of meat, and that he shall not use, or suffer to be used any portion of the licensed premises as a living room or sleeping mom. (g) that he shall not spit or smoke or suffer any pmon to spit or smoke wthin the liccmcd pmses, (h) that he shall not keep, or suffn to be kept, in the licmsed pnmises any bedding, soiled clothes or other thlngs not required for the sale or pregaratlon or exposure for sale of meat; (i)that he shall put up a notice on the licehepremises indicating thereon the type of-t he sells, i.e., whether "Jhatka" or !'.Halala? and further indicating the animal or.animals whose meat he sells; (i)that he shall at all reasonable times &t the officer soauthorised by the committee to . inspect the licensed premises without notice; (k) that he shall wmply with all notices isdued by the wmmitta or officers authorised by it in nspect of sanitation; (I) that he shall install a deep f m r for the storage of meat within sixmonths of the receipt of notice from the committee.
The actual mom or rooms in which the sale or preparation for sale of meat is to be carried on should be described in cases where the whole of a building is not to be used for such sale
or preparafion for sale. L~censing fie Ofcr
Haryana Municipal (Modble Encroachments Or Overhanging Structures) Bye-laws, 1976
Published vide Haryona Government Non$cation No. 2711..... doted 17.12.74. n6,
1. (1) These bye-laws m y be c a k d the ~ z q a n~ u n i c ~ , ( M o v a b~ e ~ c h m e nor s a i ln t I Overhanging Sauctures) Bye-laws, 1975. (2) Th6y shall apply to all the municipalities. :,
2. Anapplication for pmnission under seetion 182 shall be made in Form 'A' attached to these bye-laws.
[3.% the acceptance of application made d a b y e - l a w 2, the ExecutivCOfficeror the Scerrtary of the Committee, as the case may be, shall:issueto the applicant a licence in Form B on payment of a fee at a rate not exceeding the rate shown below to be fixed by the Deputy Commissioner :A d B clrp Municipal Comninec (i) ' G m d kvel movnblemowlch- Rp I . W p c r s q ~ foot , mmt i.e. Ukhat podvschain, bmchto or hawkers (ii) Ovnhanging mtabkenaosch- &."I .5Qprsquare fm ', m l S i.6. chhappss (iii) Stalls in nan;eomrrrcial iar Rr. Z.W@ s q u ~ f a o \ (iv) Stalk in mmmnri.fand busy b, 5.Wpnsqurc fmt ;,.
C Class Municipal Comnittrs. Rr 1.Wpcr square fool Us. 1 . W p t s q u n fmt
Rr. 1 W ps oqlun fmt
Us. 3 . W p r s q u n foot
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.