This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
MEDICAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT BOARD (MRB)
7th Floor, DMS Buildings, 359, Anna salai, Teynampet, Chennai - 6. Website: www.mrb.tn.gov.in
Applications are invited only through online mode up to 21.04.2013 for Direct Recruitment to the following posts on temporary basis in Tamil Nadu Medical Services:
Assistant Surgeon (General-MBBS)* Assistant Surgeon (Speciality)* 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37 MD(GM) MS(GS) MD(OG)/MS(OG) / DGO MD(Paed) / DCH MD(Anaes) / DA MS(ENT) / DLO MS(Ophth) / DO MS(Ortho) / D.Ortho
Name of the Subject
Code No. 001 Code No. 002
No. of Vacancies*
911 1163 134 105 153 54 90 19 8 43 25 26 10 56 15 62 12 18 38 1 1 38 1 9 8 16 14 5 38 10 26 7 11 12 3 5 3 2 1078
MD(DVL)/MD(VD)/MD(Derm) / DD MD(RD) / DMRD MD(TB & RD)/MD(Chest) / DTCD MD(Anatomy)/MS(Anatomy) MD (Bio) MD(Pathology) / DCP MCh(CTS) DM(Cardio) MD(SPM)/MD(CM) / DPH MD(GM) with D.Diab DM(Endocrine) MD(Forensic Medicine) DM(Gastro) DM(Medical Oncology) MD(Micro) DM(Neuro) MCh(Neuro Surgery) MCh(Paed Surgery) MD(Pharm) Dip in Physical Medicine MD(Physio) MCh(Plastic Surgery) MD(Psy)/ DPM MD(RT)/ DMRT MCh(SGE) MCh(Surgical Oncology) MCh(Uro) MCh(Vascular Surgery) TOTAL
Assistant Surgeon (Dental) (General-BDS )* Assistant Surgeon (Dental) (Speciality) *
Code No. 003
MDS (Oral Medicine and Radiology)
39 40 41 42 43 44
MDS (Oral Maxillofacial Surgery) MDS (Prosthodontics) MDS (Conservative Dentistry) MDS (Oral Pathology) MDS (Orthodontia) MDS with any Specialities
1 1 3 4 2 18 85
NOTE: [*- The vacancy numbers are indicative and are likely to undergo change at the time of actual selection based on the actual vacancies]
2. IMPORTANT DATES: Date of Notification Last date for submission of Applications (only through Online Registration) Last date for payment of Fee through Bank Assistant Surgeon Speciality and (General) and 31.03.2013 21.04.2013 23.04.2013
Date and Time of Examination
Assistant Surgeon (Dental)(General), and Assistant Surgeon (Dental) (Speciality) (Under Graduate level Examination-200 objective type questions)
10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
3. SCALE OF PAY: Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 5400/4. GENERAL INFORMATION: a)
The rule of reservation is applicable as per the rules in force. The number of vacancies advertised is only an indicative number and is liable for changes with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection for appointment.
If no qualified and suitable woman candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male pSSpeeciality (Objective Type Question) candidates belonging to the respective communal categories. c) d) The Differently abled persons should produce before appointment a certificate of physical fitness from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected. There is no separate reservation for Differently abled persons/ Ex- Service Man / Destitute Widow. Defence personnel released or likely to be released from the Armed Forces due to disability incurred in forward areas while on duty, will also be selected if they are found to be otherwise qualified and if the Medical authorities are satisfied that the Differently abled is not such as would render them incapable of efficiently discharging the duties of an Assistant Surgeon. Separate reservation of 3.5% within the 30% reservation available for Backward Classes is applicable only to Backward Class Muslims (BCMs). All the concessions / relaxations / benefits applicable to BC candidates are applicable to 2
BC Muslim candidates also. g) The expression B.C (i.e. Backward Class) wherever it occurs in the Board’s ‘Instructionsto candidates’’, Information Brochure and Online Registration application form, should be read as “B.C. (other than BCM) and B.C. (Muslim)”, [BCMs denotes Backward Class Muslims]. There will be only one common examination for both Assistant Surgeon (General) having qualification of only MBBS and Assistant Surgeon (Specialist) having Post Graduate / Super speciality qualification (either PG Diploma/ Degree) Over and above MBBS. In the Online application, applicant having Post Graduate diploma/degree/super speciality qualification may express their willingness or otherwise for being considered for Assistant surgeon (General) post by selecting the posts appropriately. There will be another common examination for both Assistant Surgeon Dental (General) having qualification of only BDS and Assistant Surgeon Dental (Specialist) having Post Graduate Degree qualification over and above BDS. In this Online application applicant having Post Graduate qualification may express their willingness or otherwise by applying for relevant post(s). The vacancies in the Speciality categories will be filled in only by candidates who possess relevant Post Graduate Diploma/ Degree/Super speciality degree as indicated in the table under para.1(b) and who are willing to serve in the Speciality Department of any of the Hospitals in the District (i.e) in the District Headquarters Hospitals, Taluk Headquarters Hospitals, T.B. Sanatorium etc. atleast for a period of five years after which they will be considered for transfer to General line (i.e) other than the Speciality or to teaching post, if they so desire. j) After the selection is made by the Board the list of selected candidates will be sent to Head of Department / Government. Appointment to the posts of Assistant Surgeon (General / Specialties) will be made by the Head of Department after counselling. Any claim relating to the selection should be received within 60 days from the date of announcement of results. Claims received thereafter will receive no attention. Certificate of Physical Fitness: Candidates selected for appointment to the posts will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness after their selection in the form prescribed for “Executive Posts”. The Standard of vision prescribed for the posts “Standard – III” - is as follows: Better eye Distant vision without glasses Distant vision with glasses 6/9 6/6 or Other eye 6/9 6/12
Candidates with defective vision should produce eye fitness certificate from qualified eye specialist.
A. AGE (as on 01.07.2012) : Sl. No Category of Candidates Maximum Age
SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC&DCs, BCs, BCMs Others’ (i.e. candidates not belonging to other than the categories referred to in Sl.No. 1 above).
No Age limit For Asst. Surgeon (General & Speciality) 35 Years of age (As on 01.07.2012) Asst. Surgeon (Dental) (General & Speciality) 30 years of age (As on 01.07.2012)
Note: “Other” Candidates not belonging to SCs -Scheduled Caste, SC (A)s Scheduled Caste(Arunthathiyar), STs- Scheduled Tribes, MBC&DCs Most Backward Class & Denotified Community, BCs- Backward Class, BCMs- Backward Class(Muslim) who have put in five years of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit. B. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by a University or Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grants. For Assistant Surgeon(General) For Assistant Surgeon (Speciality) - MBBS Degree PG Degree / Diploma in the concerned Speciality and Super Speciality. BDS Degree
For Assistant Surgeon (Dental) (General) -
For Assistant Surgeon (Dental) (Speciality)- MDS Degree Apart from the above the candidates, i) ii) iii) Must be a registered practitioner within the meaning of the Madras Medical Registration Act 1914 Served as House Surgeon for a period of not less than twelve months. Candidates should have registered their name in the Tamil Nadu Medical Council / Tamil Nadu Dental Council.
Note:- If candidates with M.D (Pathology) are not available, candidates possessing DCP (i.e. Diploma in Clinical Pathology) will be considered for the Post of Assistant Surgeon (Speciality of Pathology).
6. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION (OBJECTIVE TYPE):
Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection (%) SC/ ST Others
Written examination in Optical Markup Reader (OMR) – sheet Objective type single paper i. Common exam Asst.Surgeon (General) Asst. Surgeon (Speciality) for and 3 Hours 100 30 35
Common exam for Asst. Dental Surgeon(General) and Asst. Dental Surgeon (Speciality)
Note:The question paper in the subject ‘Medical Sciences’ and ‘Dental Medicine’ will be set in English and will contain 200 objective questions each.
7. CENTRE FOR EXAMINATION: Examination will be held at CHENNAI. Sl. No 1. Note: i. Candidates should appear for the examination at their own expenses and no TA/DA will be paid. Name of the Centre CHENNAI Centre Code 01
8. PROCEDURE OF SELECTION : Selection will be made based on the marks obtained in the written examination duly following the rules of communal rotation of Government of Tamil Nadu. 9. EXAMINATION FEES: Rs.700/- (Rupees Seven hundred only) (i.e. including Cost of Registration and Examination) be paid by all the candidates (excluding SC/ST candidates). SC/ST candidates have to pay Rs.350/- (Rupees Three Hundred and Fifty Only).
In addition, candidates have to pay the service charges applicable to the Indian Bank (in case of offline payments) or Net Banking charges (Credit / Debit Card) over and above the mandatory fees. The charges for the same will be about Rs.15 (Rupees Fifteen Only).
9. On- Line Registration a. Candidates are first required to log on to the Medical Services Recruitment Board’s website www.mrb.tn.gov.in b. c. d. e. Click “Online Registration” to open up the On-Line Application Form. Select the name of the post(s) for which you wish to apply. Please enter all the required particulars without skipping any field. Candidates are required to upload their scanned copy of colour photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application is incomplete without the photograph and signature upload. Mobile number and e-mail are mandatory.
10. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: All the candidates wishing to apply shall abide by the following undertaking. In addition, candidates who are called for certificate verification shall submit the following undertaking to the Board UNDERTAKING i) In the event of selection, the candidate shall serve in Government Primary Health Centres for a period of not less than three years excluding any period spent on training, leave or higher education. Successful candidate shall join duty within 30 days the date of receipt of appointment orders and shall not claim extension of joining time citing that he was undergoing higher studies / P.G Course or for any other reason. He shall abide by the condition that his/her name will be removed from the approved list without assigning any reasons there for, if he/she fails to join duty within the stipulated time.
iii) He shall abide by the condition that if he is selected and appointed as Assistant Surgeon, after joining duty, he shall not be permitted to undergo PG course within the period of two years excluding the period of leave. iv) In the event of his selection to the Speciality side vacancy, he shall serve in the Special Department of any of the Hospitals in the Districts i.e. In the District Headquarters Hospitals, Taluk Headquarters Hospitals, T.B Sanatorium, etc. atleast for a period of 5 years. v) He shall abide by the condition that if he is selected for the post of Assistant Surgeon (Speciality) in the Non-Clinical side, he shall be given postings in the Hospitals / Institutions in which the particular subject is attached.
vi) If the candidate is under any contractual obligation, to serve under any State Government / Central Government / Private Institutions he must produce a No Objection Certificate from the concerned Head of Institution. 6
11. Candidates are advised to read and familiarize themselves with “Instructions to the Candidates ” in the website www.mrbexam.in Member Secretary
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.