SIR PADAMPAT SINGHANIA UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Software Requirements Specification
Institute Management System
Mr. Kamaljit Lakhtaria
Tahir Altaf Masharaqui (09cs000529) Tridev Pratap Singh Chawda (09cs000531) Garvit Dhanawat (09cs000485) Abhijeet Tiwari (09cs000455) Anshul Roopchandani(09cs000469)
Objective 3. Module Specifications 7. Operating Environment 6. Introduction a) Drawbacks of existing system b) Proposed system 2.CONTENTS
1. Scope 4. Graphical Representations of Module Design a) Use Case Diagram b) Entity Relationship Diagram
. Feasibility Analysis a) Application Area 5.
This system does not support any type of data integrity. The record of every student. In this system. It can be used both in top-level and bottom-level management for daily operation. data records are kept under file maintenance system. deleted. courses and fees management will be added.
. due to this system the placement of the data is not at one particular place. All the facilities for retrieving like student information.Searching and report generation was also not possible in this system. Present mode of working is based on manual system in which the all the information is first received and then entered in the register. Updating or deleting the information will be very annoying and exhausting processes. teacher’s information. courses. updated and saved and information would be easily accessible to both students and administration. This is an attempt to create a project “Institute Management System” through which all the working of Institute will be automated. When any student will come into institute all the information is stored into the registers.
The application will be scalable and easily maintained. It could be easily changeable to the changing needs of users.INTRODUCTION
The idea of developing the project of “Institute Management System” come across when we see that in an institute all the work is done manually and all the data is stored by using files and register. This results in more confusion and more consumption of time for the proper maintenance of records.
This project can make the tedious & mistake-prone job easier and faster. teachers are handled manually which leads to some very tedious and time consuming processes.
. Non-centralized data:-In the existing system. Redundancy of data: . some of the complexities involved in existing system are as follows:-
1.Due to improper maintenance of data.
4. updating and retrieving selected information. if it is required to locate a particular record a large number of registers have to be scanned. Moreover. Since old system is totally maintained manually. Searching and report generation was also not possible in the existing system. due to this system the placement of the data is not at one particular place. data records are kept under file maintenance system. it leads to problem and affects the business performance. It is very difficult job and time consuming also. It is very difficult and time consuming to update data.
3. inconsistency is there which leads to problem like duplication of data. Also the work of Institute was manually maintained. if the employees are absent.Drawbacks of Existing System
Existing System study reveals that all the booking was done manually on registers. This results in more confusion and more consumption of time for the proper maintenance of records. Delay in retrieving information: -Retrieving information is quite time-consuming process because of large volume of data. a lot of complexities are involved in maintaining. the existing system is also dependent on employees. which was very tedious and error prone job.
Due to large volume of data.
Present mode of working is based on manual system in which the all the information is first received and then entered in the register. Difficulty in updating the data:-Problem of updating data in the existing system since everything is stored in registers and files.
No integration or relation between the data: . The whole software is automatic.
6. This type of storage is more prone to damage with time and due to other accidental factors. more space is required to store it.we can easily retrieved .
The new system will automate the whole working of institute. If any new student come into the institute for admission all the information regarding the student and in which course he / she wants to take admission or what the roll no given to the student all the information is stored into the database .Present system does not support any type of data integrity.5. In this project we will retrieve the information of student or update the information easily by the use of computer.
The proposed system is also less dependent on employees.
. Problem for keeping the data: -As the data is voluminous.It is very difficult to get data information in the existing system if any information is required for any specific purpose. Also everything is stored on papers. changed . The entire software is full of photographs of all topics categorized under different groups. updated or saved the information whenever we want. Not proper retrieval of information: . Information regarding the faculty will also be accessible in this project. It works without any help of employees.
but also to provide full functional reports to top management with the finest of details about any aspect of the institute. the new system should be able to do work in the least amount of time and with much more efficiency and effectiveness than the existing system.
The aim would be to remove as many problems as possible from the existing system and design the new system in such a manner that it looks a very comprehensive approach to the stated objectives. Also it should be compatible.
The system should be a one-step shop solution where all the different jobs regarding the various operations and functions in the centers can be done on a single window with least hassle. from where any operation on the data or data retrieval can be done easily. The objective is to design a system that can integrate all the above features in a single system. Not like the manual system where one has to search in hard copy files to look for a particular record. That is.The new system should have all the records and files of the old system in a comprehensively linked manner so that whenever we want to retrieve some information. it can be done in an efficient manner. majority of the problems that exists in the old system.
It should remove.
. The organization structure of the old system should be clearly understood so that the objectives it aims to achieve can be designed.
The designing aspects of new system should be aimed towards basing all the data fields and data records in a single database. easy to understand and easy to modify. It should be designed in such a way that only the required information is displayed when asked for.OBJECTIVE
Main aim in developing Institute Management System is to provide an easy way not only to automate all functionalities of an institute. if not all. so that it can be easy to use .
As compared to existing system.
6. it means that whenever some sub-system wants some information from other sub-system. Every component of the system should be able to interact with other components through a common interface. the information is stored and processed in computers so that data will be more reliable and accurate.
5. it can do so without any problem. Fast and Efficient: . Easy to Access: -As compared to existing system. Reliable and accurate: -As in new system. so there is no need of documentation or maintaining the files. in new system the user can get the information fast.There should be complete interaction between the various sub-systems of the main system so that there can be efficient functioning of the system. also when a system functions independently then it does not have to wait for data to be processed. Non Redundant Information: . No Documentation: -As everything is stored on the computer. Also all sub-systems should be interdependent on each other and also independent. All the sub-systems should be performing the designed operations on the given data in a comprehensive manner so that all of them are aimed towards achieving a common goal. Centralized Data:-In the existing system. But in new system.
2. each and every record is maintained on computer. in new system the users can easily and efficiently accesses the information from the computer.
4.As in proposed system data is maintained on the computers so inconsistency does not occur which will never lead to problem like duplication of data.
The main objectives of the new system are mentioned below:-
1. data records are kept under file maintenance system due to this system the placement of the data is not at one particular place. which leads to the centralization of data. easily and efficiently from the software.
The proposed management module should provide the user organization with all the facilities that a complex. Events. The systemwill provide a user friendly interface which would make it possible to run by any user with nominal computer literacy. Student Batches. All its interfaces would be quite self-explanatory. its backend algorithm and system design shouldmake this very secured and robust. large and distributed management module provides. etc. Most importantly. Fees.
The whole software would be well organized and all its activities are designed insuch a way that it is distributed across a good number of forms for the sake ofsimplicity.
. Some of the areas that will be covered are Courses.
Overall this detailed Software requirement specification will help the system analystand developers get a clear view of the entire Management module requirements and itsarchitecture.
as it was not operationally feasible to meet the new goals. it is both operationally and technically feasible.
This tells about that the project that is made is feasible according to current market scenario. It is easy to install in the computer.
Economic Feasibility Study: Economic analysis is the most frequently used
method for evaluating the effectiveness of a new system.
Operational Feasibility: -To find out this we enquire the proposed system can fit in
with existing operation and whether it is able to satisfy the requirement of the end users. Generally.Is accepted through more costly. the procedure is to determine the benefits and savings that are expected from a candidate system and compare them with costs. B . Our system is operationally feasible for all types of organization where customer-account relationship is maintained. whether it
A . More commonly known as cost/benefit analysis.Is rejected.
Behavioral Feasibility:The Behavioral feasibility defines the behavior of our project.FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS
A feasibility study is an evaluation of a proposal designed to determine the difficulty in carrying out a designated task.
is usable. a feasibility study precedes technical development and project implementation. and it should be user friendly also.By this mean the technology needed is available.
update and reproduce it because of their versatility to present it in a variety of forms can. to some extent ease the problem faced due to information explosion. Computers can help the intolerable burden of handling the ever increasing amount of information with which educational institutes are expected to contend because of their ability to analyze information as well as to retain.
Speedy and efficient information processing is crucial to our socially and highly developed technology.
Net. ASP.OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
Hardware Requirement o Processor : Intel Pentium 4 or above o Memory : 512 MB RAM o Disk Space : 2 GB
Software Requirement o Operating System : Windows XP or above o Front End : Visual Studio. C# o Back End : Microsoft SQL Server
1. Query Management: This module allows students to make queries about various things such as courses. faculty or student and will provide privileges according to the authorization.
5. fees. Login: This module will enable the user to log into the system as administrator. and the administrator or faculties to answer them. dates. Student: In this module detail of the student is added such as courses he/she is taking.
7. events. etc.
. 8.. marks and whether a particular student is pass or fail. Examination: This module contains and updates the information about the examinations. batches they are teaching. Update: This Module enables the user to change the desired details as per his/her account privileges. Courses: This module has the information about the various types of courses offered by the institute. courses assigned to them. batch. etc. etc. Faculty: This module adds and updates details about faculties.
2. Here the administrator can also add a new course or change the details of an existing one. 4.
6. Events: This module maintains track of extra-curricular events organized in the institute.
GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION OF MODULE DESIGN
1. Use Case Diagram
Entity Relationship Diagram