This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Dear transport service customer! These instructions assist you in using transport services. The purpose of the services is to provide the customer means to make the personal trips he/she needs. These guidelines apply to service customers living in Espoo, Vantaa and Kauniainen.
BOOKING A WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE TAXI AT LÄHITAKSI
• When booking your taxi remember to mention that you will be paying the fare with a transport service taxicard. • The booking shouId preferably take place 2 hours in advance. There is no charge for advance booking. • The booking number for a wheelchair accessible taxi is 0100 7444 • The booking number for an ordinary taxi is 0100 7333 • To ensure a successful booking, please give the call centre: • as much information concerning the time and place you want to be picked up from as possible • the area or neighbourhood you want to travel to • mobile phone number (to enable the call centre and/or taxi to contact you, if necessary) • information on mobility aids or other aids you’ll be having with you • any assistance requirements • Please inform the call centre as soon as possible of any changes to your booking. • The call centre or taxi will contact you if there is any doubt that the taxi may be delayed. • You can book your return journey at 0100 7444 or alternatively you can make arrangements with the driver who took you to your destination to pick you up for your return journey.
THE IMPORTANCE AND USE OF THE TRANSPORT SERVICE TAXICARD
• The card is a personal means of payment, so always keep it with you whenever you take a trip. • The card can be used for payment only if you are personally taking the trip. • The card enables the taxi driver to identify you. It contains information on your right to travel, your own share of payment on your trips, and your right to pay with the card the extra charge for wheelchair accessibility or extra assistance. • The card may not be used by another person or left with the taxi driver. • The card may not be used to pay for personal errands performed by the taxi driver. • The card may not be used to pay for personal errands performed by the taxi driver on behalf of the customer (customer not travelling in the taxi at the time) or for charges for advance bookings.
VOLUNTARILY SHARED TRIPS
• Customers of the transport service can share taxi trips in the same taxi with other transport service customers. • At the end of the shared trip, the data from each passengers’ taxicard is loaded on the taxi metre and one trip per person is debited from each card. There is no need to pay your own share of payment. • Please inform the driver that this is a shared trip before paying for your fare.
TRAVELLING BY TAXI
• Hand your transport service taxicard to the driver before starting your trip so that he/she can check your right to travel and the card’s period of validity. • Before the trip, the customer can request that the driver print out a copy of the number of trips left on the card for the month in question. • The payment for the trip is made by inserting the taxicard in the taxi metre. • The driver will charge you the whole fare if you do not have your card with you. You can ﬁle for compensation afterwards from the City against the taxi receipt. The receipt must be signed by the driver and include the departure and destination addresses.
TRAVEL RIGHTS/AREA BOUNDARIES
• If you are a holder of a valid transport service taxicard that conforms to the Finnish Act on services and assistance for the disabled, your taxicard entitles you to travel in Espoo, Helsinki, Vantaa, Kauniainen, Kirkkonummi, Vihti and Nurmijärvi. Visually impaired persons may also travel with the taxicard to the Onnela Holiday and Course Centre in Tuusula.
NUMBER OF PASSENGERS
• The purpose of the services is to provide the customer means to make the personal trips he/she needs. • Rate code 1 is charged for travel with the transport service taxicard. The card may only be used to pay for your own trip and that of an escort or assistant. • Any family members travelling with you in addition to your escort or assistant must pay their own share of the fare. Family members pay a rate equal to the difference between rate code 1 and the rate based on the number of passengers.
• You may use a maximum of 4 trips from the following months’ quota. Any unused trips from the previous month cannot be transferred to later months.
• Only one-way trips are eligible for compensation. • All one-way trips follow the most direct route to the destination. A quick stop along the route is allowed if necessary. • The fare must be paid immediately upon arrival at the destination. • Returning home or continuing to another destination constitutes a new trip.
PAYMENT OF YOUR OWN SHARE
• Your own share of the fare is paid as indicated on the taxi metre.
EXTRA SERVICE CHARGE
• Your card cannot be charged for extra assistance if the extra charge for wheelchair accessibility is debited.
• Please keep in mind, that you cannot pay for trips that are compensated under the reimbursement system of the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) with your transport service taxicard. However, you may book your Kela-sponsored trips from the same telephone number. When you book your trip remember to mention that this is a Kela-sponsored trip.
• You should always receive a receipt for fares paid with the transport service taxicard from your taxi driver.
• f your fare cannot be deducted from your card for technical reasons, the taxi driver will take down the following information from the card: card number, your name, year of birth and name of city. He will also make a note of your home address. In this circumstance, you will only be liable to pay your own share of the fare. The driver will forward the receipt with said information to Lähitaksi, who will transfer the information to the travel register kept by the City and invoice the City for the fare.
MONITORING THE SERVICE
• The performance and quality of the travel service is monitored through the payment system and customer feedback. • Customer feedback can be given by telephone and/or e-mail. City feedback • (09) 816 33 333 (weekdays 9-15) (age 65 years or older) • (09) 816 45 285 (weekdays 9-14) (under 65 years) • espoon.kuljetuspalvelut@espoo.ﬁ Lähitaksi feedback • (09) 588 5400 (9–15) YOU CANNOT BOOK A TAXI FROM THIS NUMBER • palaute@lahitaksi.ﬁ • Customer feedback is also collected through questionnaires. The service is being further developed in cooperation with customer representatives, the City and service providers.
USE CONTRARY TO THE GUIDELINES
• Use of the transport services is monitored by the Social and Health Services. • Use contrary to these guidelines will mean that your transport service taxicard will be revoked. Expenses incurred from misuse will be charged and collected. Any intentional misuse will be subject to investigation by the authorities.
TERMINATION OF THE RIGHT TO USE THE TRANSPORT SERVICE
• The right to use the transport service taxicard is terminated if - the customer moves to another locality - your transport service decision expires. • When the right to service is terminated, the transport service taxicard will be deleted from the City’s payment system, thereby rendering it void. The card should be cut in half but it does not have to be returned.
REPORTING LOSS OR DAMAGE
• Please inform the card issuer immediately if you have misplaced or damaged your card at tel (09) 816 45 285.
ADDITONAL INFORMATION ON THE USE OF THE TRANSPORT SERVICE
• You can receive additional information on the use of the transport service by contacting the Social and Health Services telephone information services, by accessing the City’s website and by e-mail. Information and guidance • (09) 816 33 333 (weekdays 9-15) (age 65 years or older) • (09) 816 45 285 (weekdays 9-14) (under 65 years) • espoon.kuljetuspalvelut@espoo.ﬁ • www.espoo.ﬁ/kuljetuspalvelut
These guidelines have been distributed to transport service taxicard users and taxis.
HAVE A SAFE AND PLEASANT TRIP!