This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Hello, I’m Rachael.
I want to work with you.
+1 415 516 5035 email@example.com linkedin.com/in/rachaelneumann
As a management consultant – currently with Bain & Company – I work tirelessly to deliver difference-making results for my clients and ultimately, their customers. I care for their businesses as though they are my own, and lead my teams to work side-by-side clients to design product, process and customer experience solutions (not reports!) and take them to market. I love the intellectual journey, but I am even more obsessed with outcomes and answers. I am extremely action-oriented, and through my work with Private Equity clients and corporate M&A activity, help clients make strategic partnerships to create something new and better. Being a trusted advisor means seeing untapped potential, but telling clients what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. I’ve been honing my communication and power-ofpersuasion skills to collaborate and convince a wide range of stakeholders. I’m as comfortable in the board room as I am in the team room. I am at my best when I’m surrounded by passionate, motivated and smart people. I thrive in diverse teams anchored on shared challenges and goals. I love learning from – and teaching – others. Thanks in advance for taking a look. I hope for an opportunity to share my passion and ideas with you soon. Cheers Rachael Neumann
What I’m good at:
• Bias towards action: I’m sleeves-rolled up, and get my hands dirty. I drive to preliminary solutions, play with prototypes, and push to answers
Hypothesis-driven problem solving: I’m turned on by big meaty problems, and use simple logic frameworks to break it down, pull it apart, identify the drivers and solve for the core Analytic powerhouse: Data isn’t everything, but it can be a good place to start. Big data, ethnographic data, trend spotting – I use it all to detect patterns to underpin my thinking and decision making Team player: Good ideas are greater than the sum of their contributor’s parts. I thrive when working in diverse, motivated, passionate teams.
What I’ve studied:
MBA: COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL, Class of 2009 • Graduated with Dean’s List Honors • Major: Business Strategy and Product Innovation • Leadership: VP for International Development Consulting Projects: Sourcing and Engagement Manager; Social Enterprise Forum Leader for Global Health; Global Social Venture Competition Judge • Major projects: American Express: Created online gaming platform to drive sales among young professionals; SKS Microfinance: Created credit scoring model to predict capacity for repayment
Creativity within constraints: I think outside the box and inside the box to design realistic, implementable solutions that reflect breakout thinking or sometimes just that little tweak that changes everything Attention to detail: I’ll notice (and remember) everything. I sweat the small stuff when it’s the detail that makes all the difference, and go 80/20 when it doesn’t
MPH: COLUMBIA MAILMAN SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH, Class of 2009 • Major: Global Health & Emerging Infectious Disease • Leadership: Board of Directors, Columbia University Partnership for Int’l Development
BA: STANFORD UNIVERSITY, Class of 2003 • Graduated with Honors • Major: Urban Studies; Technology Concentration • Highlighted Activities: Scholar Athlete – Varsity Lacrosse Team; National Coca-Cola Scholar; Created and taught upper level Public Policy course on Drug Policy; Partners in Academic Excellence
What I am passionate about:
• • • • Education: especially technology-enabled access and customization, and life-long learning Business: profit-with-a-purpose, market forces Technology: ubiquitous, seamless, user-focused Design: form, function, and human-centric
What else I’m proud of:
• • Board of Directors: Repair the World; FriendFactor Selected as one of top 120 Jewish leaders from around the world to participate in global summit: 2007, 2008, 2010 Named ‘36 Under 36’ by Jewish Week, 2010
My professional portfolio.
Top-Tier Management Consulting
I have worked with a diverse set of stakeholders and teams across government departments, big corporates and private equity. In a deeply collaborative way, I have explored opportunities and markets, defined strategies and helped my clients to challenge the status quo. Internally, I’m the go-to consultant for all things technology and innovation, and have a proven track record as an ‘ intrepreneur’ within Bain. Each of the following cases presents a snapshot of the work I am most proud of:
Designed Experiences and Business Models to focus on Customer Experience
• • • • • Engaged by Australia’s leading beverage company to transform the business to be truly customer -centric Conducted primary research to segment and understand needs-based customer groups Calculated ‘size of prize’ of potential revenue uplift that can be won through an exceptional customer experience Designed high velocity feedback systems to measure and report performance against key metrics of ‘customer delight’ Result: on track to deliver top-quartile shareholder return despite trends against core products; Net Promoter Score increased 3-fold in 8 months
Conducted market research and business analysis to inform decision-making
• • • • Engaged by Australia’s leading employment website to analyze their speed to market performance Conducted end-to-end product development diagnostic of current performance (speed to market, quality, cost) Identified opportunities for improvement along technology, process, capability and culture dimensions Transitioned company to a total Agile environment; improved time to market by 66% without compromising quality
Contributed to innovation within the complex health sector
• • Contributing author to publication titled, “HIV, TB, Malaria: Management & Prevention in the Oil & Gas Supply Chain” which explores the role the oil & gas industry is playing in confronting global health challenges in the workplace Reports the state of disease prevention and management in the upstream supply chain and provides practical guidance for oil majors, contractors and suppliers to lead efficient and effective health management programs
Rapidly understood market forces that shape healthcare to generate recommendations
• • • • For a leading private equity fund, conducted due diligence on an investment target in the aged health care space Conducted comprehensive market landscape analysis including key players and market share, sector economics, and adjacent growth opportunities Assessed rapidly changing regulatory environment, identifying potential risks and mitigation actions Presented findings to possible investors and senior bank executives
Communicated and collaborated effectively with senior stakeholders to drive decisions
• • • • • Chosen to represent Asia Pacific region of global consulting firm in a highly sensitive strategic internal review Engaged with senior leaders across the business to understand drivers of performance and market position Designed option set for future strategy Managed stakeholder engagement and communication with 250 partners around the world over 4 months Conceived and hosted 3 day summit with global Partner Group to articulate 3 year vision and plan
Developed strategies for scale, created programs and products, and managed large projects
LEAPFROG INVESTMENTS, Sydney, Australia
World’s first fully dedicated PE firm focused on microinsurance in developing countries • Developed 5 year strategy to achieve financial and social returns on investment • Modeled people needs against 5 year investment plan across 10 major geographies • Designed and launched Global Fellows Program to develop the next generation of leaders in the microinsurance space - 24 fellows onboarded to date
NEWSCHOOLS VENTURE FUND, San Francisco, CA
World’s first social venture fund focused on investments to improve education in most failing US schools • Created and implemented CEO’s vision for a leadership program in collaboration with the Aspen Institute to develop education entrepreneurs – Secured 10 year $15M funding from major sponsors • Selected and onboarded 2 classes (24 ppl each) of nation’s top leaders in education and business • Provided management assistance across a number of portfolio ventures as needed
AFRICAN FIRST LADIES HEALTH SUMMIT, Los Angeles, CA
Gathering of African First Ladies to identify and address the most pressing global health challenges • Conducted extensive pre-conference diligence on health priorities of 15 First Ladies to identify partnership opportunities with 20 corporations and NGOs • Synthesized all pre- and post-conference findings into detailed briefing materials for First Ladies, including a Call to Action declaration signed by all First Ladies in attendance
FEED PROJECTS, New York, NY
For-profit social business founded by Lauren Bush to raise awareness and funds for global hunger through high-end consumer goods • Coordinated all business operations, product pipeline planning, long-term business strategy • Designed product and go-to-market strategies for 3 new SKUs • Managed multi-million dollar deals with Whole Foods, Ralph Lauren, Harrods, Barnes and Noble • Achieved +$15M sales; Line expansion from 1 to 8 SKUs; Provided 57M school meals via UN WFP
THE CLINTON FOUNDATION, New York, NY
President Clinton’s foundation focused on development, HIV/AIDS and global health, and climate change • Managed and redesigned Foundation web sites with Ogilvy Mathers team, developed new mass email communications, viral marketing campaigns and wrote briefs for the President’s review • Analyzed HIV/AIDS initiative (CHAI) to capture and disseminate best practices to over 40 global sites
APPLIED BIOSYSTEMS, Applied Markets & Biosecurity Team Member, Foster City, CA
• Managed global health relationships, including WHO, to integrate rt-PCR technology for pathogen detection; Initiated public health partnerships and contracts valued at over $7 M in future revenue
GIFTS OF HEALTH, Director of Scalable Initiatives & Research, Mae Sot, Thailand
• Developed and scaled a system of integrated Traditional/Western health clinics in refugee camps along the Thailand-Burma border for UN High Commissioner for Refugees
NEWSCHOOLS VENTURE FUND, Special Assistant to CEO, San Francisco, CA
• Provided management assistance, market analysis, scale and growth strategy for portfolio ventures
THE COCA COLA COMPANY, Campus Marketing Manager, Brand Consultant, Atlanta, GA
• Developed and implemented strategies to expand Coca Cola’s operations and presence on university campuses; Increased West Coast university revenue by 125% in first year
Organizations I’ve worked with.
I’ll happily provide a list of references on request
Hope to speak with you soon.
[ Scan the QR code to drop me a line ]
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.