This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Nazzir Hussain Bin Haji Mydeen
Prof. Dr. Abdul Moqim Rahmanzai
Table of Content: 1. Project Name 2. Institutional Background 3. Ineffiencies Within The Management Of PKG Beruas. 4. Project Aim and Objectives 5. Implementation Strategies 6. Activities Implementation Schedule 7. Gantt chart: Project Activity Implementation 8. Project Evaluation 9. Shopping List 10. Bibliography 11 12 10 7 7 8 9 6 3 3
PROJECT NAME Proaktif Ke arah Gemilang. (Proactive Towards Excellence).
The Pusat Kegiatan Guru (PKG), the Teachers’ Activity Centre was formed to act as a catalyst to stimulate professional development of teachers, particularly to enhance the knowledge and acculturation of Education Technology in the teaching and learning process and promote the use of the School library. The PKG would also become the center for professional development of local teachers and the local community.
The PKG Management Committee consists of the head teachers of the schools in the respective PKG zones and are responsible for planning the activities to enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning and technology-based education and in the development of more efficient school library.
PKG Beruas was commissioned in 1990 and was temporarily housed in SK Ganga, Beruas and was responsible for nine local schools. In the year 2008, BTPN Perak channeled some allocation refurbish an old unused teachers’ quarters in SMK Raja Shahriman, Beruas to house the new PKG Beruas offices and started operations at the new premises since January 2009. During restructring of the district school boundaries in the same year, the number of schools in the zone was increased from nine to seventeen schools.
PKG Beruas is under the administration of the BTP (Education Technology Division) and BTPN Perak (Perak State Education Technology Division). The day to day operations is managed by a team of four consisting of : i. ii. iii. iv. Education Technology Officer 1 (DGA-32) Education Technology Officer 2 (DGA-29) Administrative Assistant (N-17) Computer Technician (FT-17)
No . 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
School SMK Raja Beruas Shahriman
No. of Teachers 69 50 18 36 27 18 35 16 38 14 14 15 11 17 15 11 8
SMK Changkat Beruas SK Dendang SK Beruas SK Gangga SK Kg Kota SK Gelong Gajah SK Changkat Chermin SK Ayer Tawar SK Telaga Nenas SJK C Pei Ching SJK C Kg Merbau SJK C Pei Min Kg Raja Hitam SJK C Kg Jering SJK T Beruas SJK T Kg Tun Sambathan SJK T Ladang Cashwood
Total Number Teachers
SHORTCOMINGS WITHIN THE MANAGEMENT OF PKG BERUAS.
On the 1st August 2012, a invigilating team consisting of En. Megat Azizan Megat Ibrahim, En. Abdul Aziz Jamaluddin and En. Mohd Nor Beg kept their appointment with PKG Beruas.
In their effort to improve the management and day to day running of PKG Beruas, the invigilating team had identified several aspects that did not measure up to the level set by the upper management. Th aspects are :
1. Nilam Data Management 2. Library Data Management 3. ICT Aid Service 4. Media Aid Service 5. Library Programs 6. Education Technology Programs 7. Non Printed Material 8. Public Examinations 9. Media Invigilation Management 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. Library Automation Systems Borrowing and Usage Rules Books Borrowing Records Non-Books Borrowing Records Books Collection Non Books Collection Newspaper and Magazine Purchasing Records
The invigilating team out-lined the following aspects that need to be rectified as well as the recomended steps to be taken, in order to achieve the standards set the upper management of the BTP
1. Nilam Data Management a. Analyze Nilam data. b. Display the analyzed data.
2. Library Data Management a. Send reminder letters to schools to complete the IQ-PSS. b. Display the analyzed data.
3. ICT Aid Service a. Prepare the working paper and report.
4. Media Aid Service a. Prepare the working paper and report.
5. Library Programs a. Prepare the working paper and report.
6. Education Technology Programs a. Prepare the working paper and report 7. Non Printed Material
a. Produce a minimum of one Non-Printed Material. b. Display and Distribute to the local schools.
8. Public Examinations a. Organize an Academic Enhancement Assistance Program in local schools. b. Write the program report
9. Media Invigilation Management a. Prepare the working paper and report.
10. Library Automation System a. Procure and Install a Library Automation System
11. Library Books Borrowing and Usage Rules a. Display Library Books Borrowing and Usage Rules. b. Distribute the Library Books Borrowing and Usage Rules to the local schools.
12. Library Books Borrowing Records a. Analyze the records. b. Display the Data.
13. Non-Books Borrowing Records a. Analyze the records. b. Display the Data.
14. Books Collection a. Analyze the book collections. b. Prepare the book collections index.
15. Non Books Collection a. Record and print the purchases in a systematic method. b. Analyze the records. c. Display the Data. d. Prepare the book collections index.
16. Newspaper and Magazine Purchasing Records a. Record and print the purchases in a systematic method. b. Analyze the records. c. Display the Data. d. Prepare the collections index.
After having learned our weaknesses and shortcomings in our day to day running following the invigilating team’s report, we decided to look within ourselves, re-examining our procedures and workmanship. Holding true to the KAIZEN concept of eliminating weaknesses and wastages and continually trying to improve ourselves, we held post mortem, planning and KAIZEN meeting to map out a route to improve our performance. We procured the help from the local schools. The schools were kind enough to offer help in the form School Computer Technicians to assist in preparing working papers, reports and data displays to comply with the invigilating team’s recommendations. Kaizen involves every member of the organization, compelling and encouraging them to make changes, in most cases small, incremental changes. It focuses on: 1. Identifying and solving problems at their source 2. Changing standards to ensure the problem stays solved. Traditional Kaizen is, by definition, long term, a gradual incremental change results in small improvements throughout the organisation. A Kaizen Blitz or Kaizen Event is fast and furious: it rapidly implement workcells, improves setups or streamlines processes. These methods plan ahead and then execute a process improvement over a period of days.
Kaizen activities that address issues over a period of one week had become the industry norm and they had been named as ‘Kaizen events’. These small models are used to understand problems and issues in the processes, arrive at solutions, and apply them to improve the processes and eliminate wastes What we have planned here is a Kaizen event, to rectify all the shortcomings identified by the invigilating team, fill every gap and correct every mistake in the event over a period of one month. The Nilam coordinators and librarians in each school should also finish and hand in their respective reports to be analyzed and put on display.
Project Aim and Objectives
Project Aim: Improve the level of excellence in the management of PKG Beruas
Project Objectives : i. Improve evaluation percentage points from 65.95 % to 80 % in two a month period after the invigilation. ii. iii. Improve the estatic beauty in and around PKG Beruas. Establish a unique for PKG Beruas.
Implementation Strategies The program would be called” Proaktif Ke arah Gemilang”. Smart Partnerships would be formed with the BTPN Perak, and the local schools. BTPN Perak would be the main source of funds and material in this project.
Activities Implementation Schedule (Cost Projection, Responsibility Matrix and Indicators.)
No . A
Activities Post Mortem, Planning and KAIZEN Meetings
Indicator 100 % Attendance
B 1 Library Management Briefing for School Senior Assistants School Computer Technician Workshop Library Management Briefing for School Librarians Nilam Workshop Test Run
SUPPORT PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATIO
School Senior Assistants in the PKG Beruas Zone School Computer Technician in the PKG Beruas Zone School Librarians in the PKG Beruas Zone
100 % Attendance 100 % Attendance 100 % Attendance 100 % Attendance 75 % Achievemen t 80 % Achievemen t
10/9/201 2 17/9/201 2 24/9/201 2
13/9/201 2 18/9/201 2 25/9/201 2
4 C 1
School Librarians in the PKG Beruas Zone EVALUATION AND REFLECTIONS 20/9/201 21/9/201 PKG Beruas RM 380
27/9/201 2 1/10/201 2
27/9/201 2 1/10/201 2
BTPN Perak Invigilating Team PKG Beruas
Post Test Post Mortem
Gantt Chart : Project Activity Implementation
This project will be evaluated with a follow-up monitoring schedueled for 27 September 2012 by the same team as before.
The Post Mortem will highlight any weaknesses and failures in the implementation of project planning. The findings from the Post Mortem will help in learning from mistakes and improvements in running future projects. Post Test will help assess the effectiveness of the project in achieving the set objectives and standards. If standards are not met, further action should be taken to address the problems mentioned above.
vii. No 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
Shopping List Item Multi Colored Polisterine Laminating film Binding Comb White A4 Paper Colored A4 Paper Colored Push Pins Soft board Table Cloth Total 10 Pieces 5 Boxes Large - 10, Small 10 5 Rims 5 Rims 10 Boxes 4’ x 20’ 15 pieces x 2 meter
1. Retrieved at: http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20120603/REG/306039971 2. Retrieved at: http://www.twincraft.com/the-soap-dish-blog/looking-inward/ 3. Retrieved at: http://www.conwaymgmt.com/pdfs/NL18-6-LookingOutward.pdf 4. Retrieved at: http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20120603/REG/306039971 5. Retrieved at: http://www.graphicproducts.com/tutorials/kaizen/index.php 6. Retrieved at: : http://www.graphicproducts.com/tutorials/fives/index.php#ixzz2Oi7rOn7u 7. Retrieved at: : http://www.graphicproducts.com/tutorials/kaizen/kaizengetting-started.php#ixzz2Oi7Pxe83
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.