This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
INFORMATION SYSTEM AND TECHNOLOGY IN HOSPITALS”
Antonio José Balloni Centro de Tecnologia da Informação Renato Archer - CTI/MCT – Campinas, SP, Brasil firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Information Technology Renato Archer (CTI), located at Campinas/SP/Br, is a unit of the Ministry of Science and Technology (MCT) and, is coordinating a research project involving several universities, from Brazil and abroad. The research project “Management of System and Information Technology in Hospitals” (GESITI/Hospitals) has the purpose of mapping out the management of Information Systems (IS) and Information Technology (IT) in hospitals, in order to identify their needs and demands, prospecting for unfolding, perform publication and, mainly, generate a Integrated Research Report (IRR) with a focus on, also, a Report Research Roadmap (RRR). This IRR/RRR is for open for free access, and should be used as decision making support by public and/or private managers. Currently the research is being carried out by nineteen universities: sixteen Brazilian, one Mexican, one Argentina, one from Slovakia, one from Czech Republic, one from Bulgarian and one Portuguese. An important initial result of this research work, which makes use of the Interpretative (or Introspective) Methodology, has been the generation in Brazil of an unprecedented database regarding hospital management and, from which several important information is extracted. From each local information, obtained via Local Research Reports (LRR) where the research has been carried out (each local includes the average of results obtained in five (5) hospitals); it becomes possible to undertake local decision making. However, the main purpose of the project is the preparation, based on the integration of all LRR, of an IRR/RRR for national decision-making support. For a better decision-making on issues of interest to managers regarding the better efficiency and effectiveness of hospital management, public and/or private, the IRR/RRR will also present an integrated comparative analyzes based on all LRR (from Brazil & Abroad). Although it has not been directly mentioned, the final result, ultimate, from the research should be a significant improvement on the hospital management and on the decisionmaking process. These results must reflect on peoples more satisfied regarding a better health care. This is a win-win project, since it is good for Brazil and good for all countries involved. The goal is to reach about one hundred (100) universities (local coordinators) involved.
Key Words: Management, Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Systems in Hospitals, Hospitals Management.
1 / 13
‘The IT is redefining the bases of the business. Customer service, operations, strategies for product and marketing and distribution and even the knowledge management depend much, or sometimes even completely, of IS  ’. In a globalised information society, understanding the management and the responsible and efficient use of IS are a need for managers and others knowledge employees. As in any other organization, in a hospital both the IT, as the IS permeate the various hierarchical and functional levels. Thus, at the reception desk of an standard hospital is common to find patients recording systems (administrative systems), while in specialized units of this hospital should have the most sophisticated diagnostic equipment of diseases (clinical systems). Figure 01 presents a conceptual model of a Hospital Information System (HIS) with its Administrative Systems and Clinical Systems .
Figure 01: Conceptual Model of a Hospital Information System (HIS):
Administrative Systems and Clinical Systems. .
2 / 13
As occurs in others organizations, also in hospitals, the IT utilization and management levels are varied and depend, among other things, about the maturity of hospital management. Based on the research results (Prospective Questionnaire - PQ, section 2), is being possible to make comparisons among the results obtained in Brazil as well abroad: the generation of an IRR/RRR. The goal is achieve one hundred universities committed with this research project (one hundred LRR), and the generation of an IRR/RRR. This IRR should enable the public/private manager a more reliable and general decision-making process. So, the mapping of the management of IS and IT in hospitals has as a main purpose to get, in an exploratory way, the development, operation, maintenance, and the management of IS that contribute to the hospitals to reach their goals . According to the registration in the CTI “Management Information System and Technology” (SIGTEC) , the Project GESITI/Hospitals  has been developed since 2003 but, its effective implementation (application of the PQ) was compromised in favor of other activities in research and management, such as the Workshops GESITIs - today at the VIII edition Globalization and the III edition, Health . So, the Project GESITI/Hospitals as well the application of the PQ have started in the year of 2010 with the involvement of nineteen universities. The research has been based on an original tool known as "Prospective Questionnaire - PQ" (Section 2), which has more than 100 closed and inter-related issues . Since 2010 a set of about one hundred researchers are working in this GESITI/Hospital project aiming to map out the existing technological park in hospitals and at the same time, identifying the way in which their leaders make the management of the System and Information Technology. The goal is to reach about one hundred (100) universities committed with the goals of the research and PQ application... The details of areas and topics to be mapped are described in section 2, "Prospective Questionnaire". The challenge of this research is, since 2010, being formally integrated by several universities: one from Portugal, one from Mexico, one from Argentina and sixteen from Brazil. More recently several universities from Brazil and abroad has started to make part of this research process. The Table 01, Section 3, presents the all the universities and their respective Locals Coordinators responsible by the research and data collection. It is understood by local a region or niche where the research will be applied in at least five (5) hospitals. The goal is to reach about one hundred
3 / 13
(100) universities (local coordinators) committed with the questionnaire application. There is not any distinction in the kind of hospital, see Appendix 1. The Project GESITI/Hospital, as already mentioned, involves dozens of doctors, teachers and technicians, is being coordinated by Project GESITI from CTI. The complete participation of sixteen Brazilian micro regions and three abroad, has generated an inedited mass of data, both on the management of IS and IT regarding Brazilian, Portuguese, Argentina and Mexican hospitals.
The Section 3 presents details about the Research. In short: the research already shows some interesting results. As we have written, the integration of all the results and others ongoing, will be extremely important: each university will be conducting research in at least five (5) hospitals ... The Institutional Repository of the CTI, shows some preliminaries results: Research Reports and, for more advanced works, indexed publications (DOI number/Springer), . The goal is to reach about one hundred universities (local coordinators) involved with the questionnaire application, generation of 100 LRR for a best IRR/RRR. There is not any distinction in the kind of hospital, see Appendix 1.
2. PROSPECTIVE QUESTIONNAIRE .
The development of an integrated research called “An evaluation of the management IS and IT at hospitals” in Brazil and abroad has been possible by action of the GESITI/hospital of CTI. GESITI project has created a data collection instrument called “PQ” for researches to be carried out in the hospitals. This “PQ”, original and innovative, has been in creation since 2004. It was created through adjustments, additions and modifications and/or exclusions made in generic databases obtained through the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Industrial Research of Technological Innovation (PINTEC/IBGE) as well as ad hoc Google survey. It is not known, up to this date, the existence of a similar PQ which had had the focus or object proposed: the exploration of the management of IS and IT in hospitals and the look for unfolding. Figure 02 shows the contents of the research project GESITI/Hospital, "Prospective Questionnaire ", which has more than one hundred (100) closed questions .
4 / 13
Figure 02: Summary of the Project GESITI/Hospitals, "Prospective Questionnaire –
PQ": 52 pages and one hundred (100) inter-related issues . To have access to the PQ, a term of cooperation must be signed between the Project GESITI/CTI/ and interested university/research institute. The questionnaire contains a definition of technical terms .
5 / 13
3. RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS.
The field research and local data analysis are from responsibility of all participants who have signed the Cooperation Term (TC). In each local where the research is being developed there is the corresponding team with a respective Local Coordinator. Local means the region where the research is being carried out with the application of the PQ in at least five (5) hospitals. The goal is to reach about one hundred universities (local coordinators) committed with the PQ application and, generation of an LRR. Currently, the following universities are part of the GESITI/Hospital Project, Table 01. These members have signed a Term of Research Cooperation (TC), and Research Level Agreement (RLA). This RLA/TC term is required by the fact that the questionnaire is confidential. See figure 02.
TABLE 01 – LOCAL COORDINATORS.
Local Coordinators of the GESITI/Hospital Project: “An Evaluation of the Management Information System and Technology in Hospitals”. The Researchers below, posted in bold, are the Local Coordinators of the Project GESITI/Hospitals. Local Coordinators and their Collaborators in the Project GESITI/Hospitals 1. Centro de Tecnologia da Informação Renato Archer – CTI . Divisão de Gestão Empresarial, Projeto GESITI/gesiti!cti.gov.br – Antonio José Balloni 2. Universidad ESAN (http://www.esan.edu.pe), Dr. Jorge Talavera Traverso, Rector , Dr. Enrique Cárdenas Ojeda, Director of the Master of Health Services Management, Ms. Alexandra Vallejos Matos Local Coordinator for the project. 3. Instituto Superior de Contabilidade e Administração do Porto (WWW.ISCAP.IPP.PT), Professor Olímpio Castilho (Presidente do ISCAP Mestre Rui Bertuzi da Silva coordenador Local pelo projeto. 4. University of Economics –Varna/Bulgaria (www.ue-varna.bg). Prof. Dr. Plamen Iliev” (Rector) and Assoc.prof. Dr. Bistra Vassileva, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Management
6 / 13
5. TUKE (Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia - www.ekf.tuke.sk ): Prof. Dr. Beata Gavurova, Prof. Dr. Viera Pavlikov´and Prof. Dr. Vincent Šoltés. 6. USP (USP/EACH): Prof. Dr. João Porto de Albuquerque, Prof. Dr. Marcelo Arno Nerling, Prof. Dr. Edmir Parada Vasques Prado e Dr. Homero Fonseca Filho; 7. UAEM (Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México) - Dr. Julio Alvarez Botello, Profa. Dra. Patricia Mercado Salgado, Dra. Eva Martha Chaparro Salinas, Doutoranda, Doutorando Juan Alberto Ruiz Tapia, Doutoranda.Laura Leticia Laurent Martínez e Doutoranda Araceli Romero Romero; 8. Technical University of Liberec - School of Economics, Department of informatics - Czech Republic – Europe, Doc. Ing. Klara Antlova, Ph.D., Ing. Jana Holá, Ph.D. Faculty of Health Studied, Department of Informatics, Management and Radiology, University of Pardubice, Doc. Dr. Ing. Olga Hasporova, Technical University of Liberec, Faculty of Economics. 9. University Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro - Portugal - Prof. Dr. João Eduardo Quintela Alves de Sousa Varajão e Prof.a Dra. Maria Manuela Cunha (Instituto Politécnico do Cávado e do Ave); 10. UNSE_EDU (Universidad Nacional de Santiago del Estero - Argentina): Prof.a Dra. Josefa Aida Delgado, Prof.a Rosa Esther Dinardo, Profa. Lic Mirta Paz; 11. UNISUL - Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina (http://www.unisul.br)”, Prof.a Dra. Clarissa Carneio Mussi, Prof. Dr. Ademar Dutra, Prof. Dr. Rafael Faraco. Mestrandos: Greice Medeiros Martins e Clarice de Souza Duarte 12. UNIOESTE (UNIVERSIDADE ESTADUAL DO OESTE DO PARANÁ (Centro de Ciências Exatas e Tecnológicas/Colegiado de Ciência da Computação)): Prof. Dr. Clodis Boscarioli , Prof. MSc. Rosely Sobral da Silva, e Prof. Willian Tudisco Rodrigues 13. UFSC (Universidade Fed Sta Catarina): Profa. Dr.a Aline França Abreu, Prof. André Albano, Prof.a Dra. Neiva A. Gasparetto e Prof. Dr. Leonardo Knihs Zierke 14. UNICEUMA (Centro Universitário do Maranhão): Prof.a Mestre Cláudia Archer e Prof. Dr.Will Ribamar Mendes Almeida, Prof. Dr. André Rossanno Mendes Almeida, Prof. MSc. Reinaldo de Jesus Silva e Prof. José Antônio Fecury 15. UEPG (Univ Est Ponta Grossa): Dra. Diva Brecailo Abib e Doutoranda Nelma Terezinha Zubek Valente;
7 / 13
16. UFS (Univ Fed Sergipe): Prof.a Dra. Adicinéia Aparecida de Oliveira, Prof. Dr. Rogério P.C. do Nacimento e Prof.a MSc Débora Maria Coelho Nascimento e Profa. MSc Kênia Kodel Cox; 17. UFU (Uvers. Federal Uberl e Unipam): Profa. Dra. Mirna Tonus, Profa. Dra. Adriana Cristina Omena dos Santos, Prof. Dr. Eucídio Pimenta Arruda, Prof. Dr. Antônio Cláudio Moreira Costa e Mestrando Marlon Wender Pinheiro Costa (Unipam); 18. UFMT (Univ. Fed de Mato Grosso): Prof. Dr. Ruy Ferreira, Prof.a MSc.Tatiana Annoni Pazeto, Prof.a MSc.Soraia Silva Prietch, Prof.a MSc.Débora Aparecida Silva Santos, Prof.a Esp.Liliam Carla Vieira Gimenes, Prof.a Esp. Camila Lucchese Veronesi; 19. UFRRJ (DCAC/PPGEN/UFRRJ): Prof. Dr. Saulo Barbará de Oliveira, Prof.a Dra. Heloisa Guimarães Peixoto Nogueira, Prof.a Dra. Beatriz Quiroz Villardi, Prof. Dra. Adriana Soares de Schueler e Doutorando Gustavo Olivares; 20. ITE (Faculdade de Ciências Econômicas de Bauru): Prof. Ms. Paulo Fernando Rodrigues de Almeida, Prof. Dr. José Ricardo S. Carrijo, Profa. MsC Giovana Yuko Nakashima, Prof. MsC. Marcos Vinicio Bilancieri, Prof. Luiz Bertonha e Profa. Esp. Patricia Keli Botari; 21. UFPB (Univ Fed Paraíba): Prof.a Dra Simone Bastos Paiva, Mestranda Marília Caroline Freire Cunha, Mestrando Alexsandro Gonçalves da Silva Prado, Mestranda Cristiane Gomes da Costa e Graduando Augusto Cezar Cunha e Silva Filho; 22. UFBA (Univ Fed. Bahia): Prof. Dr.a Sônia Maria da Silva Gomes e Neylane dos Santos Oliveira; 23. UFLA (Univ. Fed. de Lavras): Prof. Dr. Paulo Henrique de Souza Bermejo, Ariana de Melo Bueno, Prof. Dr. André Luiz Zambalde, Adriano Olímpio Tonelli (pós-graduado e consultor UFLA) e Msc. Dany Flávio Tonelli. 24. UFAM (Uni Fed do Amazonas) : Prof.a Dra. Maria do Perpétuo Socorro Rodrigues Chaves e Prof.a Talita de Melo Lira; 25. SETREM (Sociedade Educacional Três de Maio/RS): Prof. Ms. Fauzi de Moraes Shubeita, Prof. Ms. Rafael Soder, Prof. Ms. Gilberto Souto Caramão, Profa. Ms. Estela Maris Rossato e Profa. Ms. Vera Lúcia L. Benedetti;
8 / 13
26. IMED (Faculdade Meridional RS/Passo Fundo): Prof. Msc Willian Zanella, Prof.a Adriele Busatto do Carmo 27. UBI (Universidade da Beira Interior- Departamento de Gestão e Economia da Universidade da Beira Interior - UBI/PT Departamento de Gestão e Economia), Profa. Dra. Anabela Almeida, Prof. Dr. Paulo Pinheiro , Prof. Dr. Miguel Castelo Branco, Vasco Teixeira Lino 28. UEL (Universidade Estadual de Londrina) – Prof.a. Dra. Marcia Regina Gabardo da Camara, Prof.a Dra., Nádina Moreno, Prof. Dr. Saulo Fabiano Amâncio, Doutorando Prof. Vanderley José Sereia, Mestrando Renato Fabiano Cintra e Graduando Alberth Venson. 29. IFRR (Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia de Roraima)”, Prof. Dr. Jaci Lima da Silva (Pró-reitor de Pesquisa, Pós-graduação e Inovação Tecnológica) Coordenador Local pelo projeto, a professora MSc. Cleide Maria Fernandes Bezerra.
It is understood by LOCAL the region where the research is being or will be developed, and which must have at least five (5) hospitals. These hospitals should be chosen at random by the Local coordinators. The Researchers above, posted in bold, are the Local Coordinators of the Project GESITI/Hospitals. The local coordinator and his team are the responsible for applying the PQ. The analysis and interpretation of the data shall be carried out by researchers in collaboration.The goal is to reach about one hundred (100) universities (local coordinators) committed with the research and generation of a LRR. So, it is a must to have the TC/ RLA signed by the local coordinator. There is not any distinction in the kind of hospital, see Appendix 1.
The membership of the research is voluntary, but it is required the signature of a TC/RLA since the PQ is confidential. Currently, the number of employees participating still does not cover all the Brazilian Federative states and, the goal is to broaden the research (Table 01) to about one hundred universities (local coordinators). The figure 03 shows the five major Brazilians regions (geographical distribution of participating institutions) where the research has been concluded (PQ application). Also presents the others countries where the research has been concluded.
9 / 13
Courtesy from Prof. Dr. Ruy Ferreira – Local Coordenator – UFMT/MT. Figure 03 – Geographical distribution of the participating universities.
At each Local identified on the map, the PQ should, where possible, be applied in at least five (5) hospitals. The goal is to reach about one hundred universities in this research project. There is no distinction on the kind of hospital, see Appendix 1. The universities showed above means the ones where the research has been concluded.
10 / 13
4. – METHODOLOGY.
This section refers to the methodological procedures that have been applied to the research through the PQ (see figure 02, the content of the PQ). The research is characterized as qualitative and exploratory. “The exploratory studies or formulators have as objective to familiarize or to achieve understanding of the phenomenon, often to make or to express a more precise research problem or to create new hypotheses (unfolding)”. This research fits in these characteristics. . The chosen of hospitals are at random and are from responsibility of the Local Coordinator. (Table 01). The numbers of hospitals where the questionnaire must be applied are, where possible, at least five (5). A formal procedure (Informed Consent - See Appendix I), must be used to obtain access and permission to carry out the research inside of each hospitals. This letter, Informed Consent, should be given in two-way and signed in the act. One or more representatives must be designated by the hospital to respond the questionnaire. The research should be carried out through direct interview with the representatives of each hospital, which should answer the questions accordingly the item or theme described by the PQ. The research must be applied in person (interviewer) to the one responsible by the area of interest (figure 02): the PQ must not be left to be answered without the presence of the interviewer. This is an important procedure since it will avoid distortions or bias in the results, reducing the responses reliability. There are three factors that determine the kind of search strategy to be used: “the kind of research question; the degree of control that the researcher has on the behavioral events; and the degree of focus on contemporary or historical event ”. This research aims to analyze the management of IS and IT in Brazilian hospitals, through the study of contemporary events, which do not require control. As a consequence, the strategy of the case study is appropriate. In this way, as already mentioned, the methodology to be used in this research is Interpretative (or Introspective), . In the interpretative approach the project chose the qualitative study .
11 / 13
5. – EXPECTED RESULTS.
The main expected results are: 1.2 – Region or niche: the region chosen for analysis of the IS and IT management in hospitals are from Local Coordinator responsibility as it is the generation of the LRR. The Local result of the analyses (Local means application of the questionnaire in at least five (5) hospitals in the region surveyed) can be used for making local decisions by its LRR. The second part, 2.2 – Integrated results: these results deals with an integrated analysis from all regions surveyed (the integration of all LRR). The goal is to reach about one hundred universities (local coordinators) committed with the PQ application for a best IRR/RRR generation. The IRR/RRR is strategic since it will facilitate the public and/or private managers to make a more comprehensive and assertive decision regarding hospitals management.
The Pilot project GESITI/Hospital aims to map the management of IS and IT in Hospitals. It has covered the themes presented in figure 02.
CTI RENATO ARCHER BY MEANS OF ITS GESITI PROJECT HAS BEEN COORDINATING THE EXPLORATION OF DATA RELATED TO THE MANAGEMENT OF IS AND IT. THE PROJECT CONCLUDED THE DATA COLLECTION FROM MEXICO, PORTUGAL, ARGENTINA AND BRAZIL. THE REFERENCE 08 PRESENTS ALL RESULTS OBTAINED . NEWS UNIVERSITIES ARE ENGAGING AND, THE GOAL IS TO REACH ONE HUNDRED UNIVERSITIES.
The Project GESITI/Hospitals aims do deep the comprehensiveness of this research. Among the several expected results for this research, it is hoped: to bring timely and integrated qualified information to the public and or private hospital managers. This will be the great merit of this project: an IRR/RRR document as a source for decision making support for public and or private managers interested in the theme.
12 / 13
6. – REFERENCES.
 - a) - Research Road Map - http://researchroadmap.org/content.fcg/ResearchRoadmap last access July 2011 b) - Research Road Map http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/projects/cosy/presentations/munich-roadmap-0701.pdf last access July 2011  - BALLONI, A. J. Por Que GESITI? - Por que gestão em sistemas e tecnologias de informação? Campinas: Editora Komedi, 2006. p. 11-56. http://www.cti.gov.br/noticiaseeventos/2006/gesiti/pdf/livro_por_que_gesiti.pdf, último acesso 06 Julho/2011  - SUN, Violeta. Contribuição ao Estudo da Evolução de Infraestruturas de Informação: Um caso de sistema hospitalar. Tese de Doutorado/USP/2010 - http://www.teses.usp.br/teses/disponiveis/12/12139/tde28072010-161737/publico/VioletaSunTese.pdf - último acesso: 06 Julho/2011  - HAMILTON, Scott, CHERVANY, Norman L. Evaluating information system effectiveness - part I: comparing evaluation approaches. MIS Quarterly, v.5, p.55-69. 1981  – BALLONI, A.J. Projeto GESITI Hospitalar - "Uma avaliação da GEstão em SIstemas e Tecnologias de Informação em Hospitais", 2011 http://www.cti.gov.br/images/stories/cti/atuacao/dtsd/gesiti/hospitalar.pdf - último acesso: 06 Julho/2011  – SIGTEC/CTI/MCT - Sistema de Informações Gerenciais e Tecnológicas – 2011 http://www.cti.gov.br/index.php/dtds-projetos/sigtec.html – último acesso: 06 Julho/2011  - VIII - Workshop GESITI/2011 - VIII Workshop GESITI/Globalização y los eventos acoplados I Congreso de Competitividad Organizacional y III GESITI/Saúde. http://www.dep.uaemex.mx/fca/Congreso_1/paginas/principal.html último acesso: 06 Julho/2011  –BALLONI, Antonio José, Questionário Prospectivo – Registrado na Biblioteca Nacional como Obra não publicada sob Nr. 570.379, Livro 1088, fiolha 447, Agosto 2012, ou; http://www.cti.gov.br/images/stories/cti/gesiti/CERTIDAO_DE_REGISTRO_QUESTIONARIO_P ROSPECTIVO.pdf, último acesso em 28/AGO/2012.  – CTI/MCT., Repositório de Informações do CTI – Gestão Hospitalar. Todos os Relatórios de Pesquisas e, alguns artigos estão disponível em formato pdf nesse link: http://repositorio.cti.gov.br/repositorio/simple-search?query=Balloni – último acesso: 06 Julho/2011  - SELLTIZ, JAHODA, DEUTSCH & COOK. Métodos de Pesquisa nas Relações Sociais. São Paulo: Editora da Universidade de São Paulo (trabalho originalmente publicado em 1951), 1975.  - YIN, Robert K. Estudo de caso planejamento e métodos. 3. ed. Porto Alegre: Bookman, 2005.  - PADRÓN José G. 2001. La estructura de los procesos de investigación. In: REVISTA EDUCACIÓN Y CIENCIAS HUMANAS. Año IX, nº 17 julio-diciembre de 2001. Decanato de Postgrado, Universidad Nacional Experimental Simón Rodríguez. Caracas. p. 33. Disponível em: http://padron.entretemas.com/Estr_Proc_Inv.htm. Acesso em 19/10/2010.  - MARTINS, Gilberto de Andrade. 1994. Metodologias Convencionais e Não-convencionais e a Pesquisa em Administração. Caderno de Pesquisas em Administração - PPGA/FEA/USP, n. 1, p. 2 - 6, janeiro 1995. Disponível em: http://www.ead.fea.usp.br/cad-pesq/arquivos/C00-art01.pdf. Acesso em: 22/06/2010.
13 / 13
Dear Mr. ……… Hospital Director a) – From University b) - From Municipal Public c) - Private d) - From Foundation f) - Philanthropic g) – Any other
PROF . DR . XXX OR STUDENT XXX WILL BE APPLYING THE P ROJECT GESITI/HOSPITALS “ AN EVALUATION OF THE MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (IS) AND TECHNOLOGY (IT) IN HOSPITALS” AND , HE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ACTIVITY . T HIS WORK IS BEING DEVELOPED IN COOPERATION BETWEEN THE U NIVERSITY XXX AND THE P ROJECT GESITI OF THE CENTER FOR I NFORMATION T ECHNOLOGY – CTI RENATO A RCHER, WHICH HAS BEEN COORDINATED BY THE RESEARCHER A NTONIO J. BALLONI (AUTHOR OF THE QUESTIONNAIRE PROSPECTIVE TO BE APPLIED ).
PROSPECTIVE QUESTIONNAIRE , THE
PREVIOUSLY CONTACT , THE RESEARCHER
THE RESEARCH HAS AS OBJECTIVE TO MAKE A REVIEW OF THE EXISTING MANAGEMENT OF IT AND IS IN HOSPITALS OF THE REGION. A FIRST BENEFIT FOR EACH HOSPITAL WILL BE THE KNOWLEDGE OF ITS IT PARK. ONE POSSIBLE RESULT WILL BE THE COMPARISON AMONG THE HOSPITALS OF THE REGION AND, ANOTHER RESULT WILL BE THE INFORMATION ON WHICH AREAS CAN BE MADE INVESTMENTS (SEE PROSPECTIVE QUESTIONNAIRE). THIS STUDY IS CONSIDERED TO BE RELEVANT SINCE IT WILL ALLOW THE SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE DEEPENING ABOUT THE SUBJECT AND, CONSEQUENTLY FACILITATING THE HOSPITAL DEVELOPMENT AS A WHOLE. The scientific publications generated in this research will not be reveal any information about the hospital, nor a hospital will know about the information of another. Only the integrated data by region will be published. This is a commitment of those involved in this work is under the responsibility of action of researcher Prof. Dr. XXX OR Student XXX, whose involvement in this work and voluntary, collaborative and integrated with the other researchers mentioned below. Therefore, it is guaranteed that the information obtained will be kept confidential and the results obtained in the survey will be used only for achieving the objective of the study, mentioned above, including its publication in the specialized scientific literature. The participation in this research does not bring the involved losses or financial benefits or professionals. If you agree to this Informed Consent, sign your name below and allos us access to the dependencies of the hospital mentioned. Yours Truly;
Prof. Dr. XXXXX – University XXX Phone: xx – XXXXXXXX Prof. Prof. Dr. Site
Prof. Dr. XXXXX – University XXX www. XXXX Phone: xx – XXXXXXXX Prof. Prof. Dr. Site Telephone I have been clarified and I am allowing that the information I have provided may be used in this research study. Also, I am aware I will receive a full copy of this Informed Consent as well the local data from our hospital. Signature: Date Date
14 / 13